PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Britt vs. Hakeem Nicks

BaLLiN
04-07-2010, 08:38 PM
What the consensus is on who is/will be better and who was the better pick.

Kenny Britt
WR - Junior - 6'3'' - 218 - Rutgers

At Rutgers:
2006- 29 catches - 440 yards - 15.2 average - 2 TD's
2007- 62 catches - 1,232 yards - 19.9 average - 8 TD's
2008- 87 catches - 1,371 yards - 15.8 average - 7 TD's
Career- 178 catches - 3,043 yards - 17.1 average - 17 TD's

Scouting Report:

Britt is an nfl-built receiver who is strong, agile, quick, and can work the middle of the field.
His strength gives him the ability to seal off a defender in a one on one situation.
He is a good runner after the catch and can draw double coverage due to his size and sheer talent.

PROS:
Great NFL Size, 6'2 3/8'' 215.
Outstanding body control.
Good leaping ability and knows how to adjust to off target throws (MIKE TEEL).
Has the ability to take over games, and really helped put Rutgers on the map.

CONS:
Although he makes a lot of difficult catches, Britt occasionally drops catchable balls.
Kind of a Diva. Could develop into a full fledged NFL #1 receiver,
but needs to improve his hands and route running.
With Tennessee:
2009- 42 catches - 701 yards - 16.7 average - 3 TD's

Hakeem Nicks
WR - Junior - 6'1'' - 210 - North Carolina

At North Carolina
2006- 39 catches - 660 yards - 16.9 average - 4 TD's
2007- 74 catches - 958 yards - 12.9 average - 5 TD's
2008- 68 catches - 1,222 yards - 118.0 average - 12 TD's
Career- 181 catches - 2,840 yards - 15.7 average - 21 TD's

Scouting Report:
Hakeem Nicks is so good in all aspects that a WR needs,
he appears to not shine in any one area.
Many evaluators make mistakes because of this.
Similar to Reggie Wayne in his polish and skill set when Reggie left Miami
for the NFL, Hakeem is ready for the bigs.
Reggie was considered a second round talent, but no one at the time could find a flaw, either.
Hakeem Nicks projects as a #1 receiver who can stretch the field,
run complex routes, catch underneath,
get the tough first down, and have valuable RAC.
However, he emerged as the best receiver on his team only after Tate had an injury.

PROS:
Playmaker, great hands, fast enough, gains separation
from d-backs, body control before during and after catch,
strong arms and legs, football eyes, desire.
Rating on madden for spectacular catch should be a 100

CONS:
Measured straight-line speed.
Offense and receivers around him
could've helped take away his importance among all the other threats.
Height isn't ideal.
With Giants:
2009- 47 catches - 790 yards - 16.8 average - 6 TD's

Go_Eagles77
04-07-2010, 08:46 PM
Isn't this thread about a year late? lol

Edit: Give me Nicks though, dude is the next Anquan Boldin.

TACKLE
04-07-2010, 08:48 PM

No. It's three years too early.

BaLLiN
04-07-2010, 08:52 PM

Well, right now its kindof hard to differenciate between on who was the better choice because one was picked with the 29th pick and the other the 30th. Not only that this past year they had very close stats.

No. It's three years too early.

Thats agreeable, but its who WILL BE better, i'm curious what people think, and i'll admitt I'm a little torn because Kenny Britt was supposed to be a bit of a developmental player and in his first year he performed admirably for a rookie.

LetsGoGiants!
04-07-2010, 08:53 PM
Gotta give it to Hakeem.

TACKLE
04-07-2010, 08:54 PM
I like Nicks a bit more but both guys were pretty raw coming out. It should be interesting to see how they develop. Though I think Nicks is in a better position to be successful because of his QB situation.

coordinator0
04-07-2010, 09:00 PM
Nicks was my guy coming out, and I'm not jumping ship now.

LetsGoGiants!
04-07-2010, 09:04 PM
Also Nicks was out for a couple of games with his ankle and he still had better stats than Britt.

Pitt
04-07-2010, 09:04 PM
Eli Manning vs Vince Young.

What do you think?

BaLLiN
04-07-2010, 09:14 PM
Also Nicks was out for a couple of games with his ankle and he still had better stats than Britt.

Nicks played 33 games where he accumulated stats, Britt only played 30 games where he accumulated stats

LonghornsLegend
04-07-2010, 09:17 PM
They are very very close, it'll be hard to judge fairly because Britt won't get a realistic chance at putting up the stats that Nicks will over the next few years.

On ability alone, I really love Nicks skillset. He has the ability to be a deep threat like a pure speed WR, before he came around as an all around WR he was used primarily as a deep threat for NY and he did well. That's not even the best part of his game though, he's a great short to intermediate WR, excellent hands, he can literally do everything well and I'd be shocked if he's not in the top 10 WR discussion by his 3rd-4th season.

Britt is obviously a bigger more physical WR, I saw him run some deep patterns so he does have the speed to do it, and he could be a mini version of TO honestly. He wasn't as far along with the little things as a rookie as Nicks was though which isn't a knock, just may take time. He lets the ball come into his chest too often, doesn't always go up and grab the ball with his hands like Nicks.

I think he needs to do a better job of that, and if he does, the sky is the limit. That years class of WR was incredible overall anyway, we may be looking back at that arguing over who is the best WR from that class for a long time.

coordinator0
04-07-2010, 09:30 PM
Nicks played 33 games where he accumulated stats, Britt only played 30 games where he accumulated stats

Do you mean quarters there?

BaLLiN
04-07-2010, 09:32 PM
Do you mean quarters there?

my mistake i thought he meant in college.

Edit: no games in college i meant

LetsGoGiants!
04-07-2010, 09:32 PM

Yeah, I was just saying that for this season, where Nicks did better, so I voted for him.

DoughBoy
04-07-2010, 09:35 PM
Kenny Britt is pretty sexy.... Nicks might have the better stats because of the offense he is in, but I think they are both very talented.

Preston
04-07-2010, 09:50 PM
I was a bigger fan of Britt coming out because of his speed, size and I thought he had better potential as a true No. 1 receiver. Nicks offense was much better suited to him having early success, because of an established quarterback who had many more targets to throw to (Steve Smith, Kevin Boss) whereas Britt was one of the only threats in the passing game for the Titans. Both are going to be solid players though.

CC.SD
04-07-2010, 10:38 PM
Eli Manning vs Vince Young.

What do you think?

Pass?

I'm going to go with Britt here, they have different styles to their game and he's fun to watch.

They're both big time up and comers.

SKim172
04-07-2010, 10:45 PM
Well, Kerry Collins started drinking again this season (apparently) and Vince Young was playing with training wheels, so I'm not sure it's a fair toss-up.

Of course, I'm a RU homer, so my opinion's a little skewed.

But one thing: that damn "diva" thing Todd McShay made up. Every time Chris Johnson broke a long run, Britt was blocking for him deep downfield and ran with him to the end zone. If he is a diva, he's a hardworking, fully-committed, does-everything-with-100%-effort, never-mouths-off-to-anybody diva.

Todd McShay is full of crap.

CashmoneyDrew
04-07-2010, 10:52 PM
Did Nicks have a game winning TD as time expired between multiple defenders?

If so, I might consider him. :p

BaLLiN
04-07-2010, 10:57 PM
Did Nicks have a game winning TD as time expired between multiple defenders?

If so, I might consider him. :p

nooo that was sick as heck though. Nicks however had some pretty ridiculous catches, one that really sticks out in my mind is a batted pass that was directed at another receiver and since Nicks decided to continue his route, he was in the right place at the right time.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pxV9LR0Qr_o&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pxV9LR0Qr_o&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

TankGiant
04-07-2010, 10:58 PM
Definitely have to give it to Nicks. Even though I think Britt is a better athlete Nicks' hands are incredible. Size 4XL gloves.

BaLLiN
04-07-2010, 11:07 PM
Nicks just makes eagles DB's look silly

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yL1o0TxAkCk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yL1o0TxAkCk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

BaLLiN
04-07-2010, 11:12 PM
And this is that amazing TD grab by Kenny

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XPXoK4Rb62k&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XPXoK4Rb62k&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Jughead10
04-07-2010, 11:15 PM
Well, Kerry Collins started drinking again this season (apparently) and Vince Young was playing with training wheels, so I'm not sure it's a fair toss-up..

Kerry Collins plays better drunk.

killxswitch
04-07-2010, 11:29 PM
I liked them both a lot coming out of college, I liked Nicks a tiny bit more and I still do, but I think they'll both be good receivers in the NFL for a long time.

BaLLiN
04-07-2010, 11:37 PM
I hope people don't think im biased because of my sig and team, but i wholeheartedly think that Kenny and Hakeem are just too hard to compare because of their vast differences in style of play.

Hakeem Nicks last year was my favorite, and amongst all the Giants fans who loved Britt because he was a homeboy and also because he really has all the skills for a true (prototypical) #1 receiver.

killxswitch
04-07-2010, 11:54 PM
I hope people don't think im biased because of my sig and team, but i wholeheartedly think that Kenny and Hakeem are just too hard to compare because of their vast differences in style of play.

Hakeem Nicks last year was my favorite, and amongst all the Giants fans who loved Britt because he was a homeboy and also because he really has all the skills for a true (prototypical) #1 receiver.

They both appear to play tough which I appreciate. Neither are the type to step out of bounds instead of fighting for extra yardage. Nicks is probably a bit more of a possession receiver but I think they can both be vertical threats.

thetedginnshow
04-08-2010, 12:40 AM
I was firmly in Nicks's corner and I think he'll be the better receiver, but I can only imagine Eli will make him extremely mediocre.

Rosebud
04-08-2010, 12:49 AM
I was firmly in Nicks's corner and I think he'll be the better receiver, but I can only imagine Eli will make him extremely mediocre.

Yeah, it must suck to have a 4000+ yard passer who manages a 63 completion percentage playing on two injured feet with a collapsing defense, failing OL and running game. At least he he'll always out produce Britt, Braylon and Cotchery put together?

thetedginnshow
04-08-2010, 01:08 AM
Yeah, it must suck to have a 4000+ yard passer who manages a 63 completion percentage playing on two injured feet with a collapsing defense, failing OL and running game. At least he he'll always out produce Britt, Braylon and Cotchery put together?

lole

But hopefully on those first two.

Forenci
04-08-2010, 01:09 AM
Yeah, not to turn it into a 'homer' thread because I really think it's too early to tell which WR will be better, but anyone who thinks Eli Manning is going to 'hold any WR's back' clearly walking blindfolded.

Eli carried the Giants last year and has already proven to be one of the toughest QB's in the NFL.

Jonny
04-09-2010, 10:13 PM
Both good players, and not really that comparable.

Prefer Britt though, more upside in terms of star potential.