PDA

View Full Version : Tebow in Madden 11

Addict
04-08-2010, 04:57 PM
Tebow recently traveled to Orlando for the photo shoot, suiting up in his Gators uniform one last time. He also sought out Madden ratings chief Donny Moore, who will be doing justice to one of Tebow's biggest strengths in the NFL version of the game.

"Tebow will be the best trucking quarterback in 'Madden' this year," Moore told ESPN.com. "He's not the most elusive, but in terms of breaking tackles and power, he will be able to put down his shoulder and run over a few defenders. A lot of this is fluid, but right now in 'Madden 11,' we have Tebow at 80 speed and 92 acceleration. Trucking, carrying the ball, like I said, he's going to be better than any quarterback coming into the league."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/08/tebow-cashes-in-with-ea-sports-deal/

great, madden 11 sucks already.

jayceheathman
04-08-2010, 05:18 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/08/tebow-cashes-in-with-ea-sports-deal/

great, madden 11 sucks already.

Thats why NCAA Football is >>>>>>> Madden

cvv84
04-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Madden has sucked for years.

RaiderNation
04-08-2010, 06:04 PM
Great I can already see **** just using Tebow to run the ball every play

TimD
04-08-2010, 06:09 PM
theres no way tebow will be able to truck the elite linebackers in real life. and i doubt he will in madden too

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
04-08-2010, 06:17 PM
You forgot the part about his 99 Jesus rating.

badgerbacker
04-08-2010, 06:17 PM
I don't see what the problem with this is. It doesn't say he is going to have 99 Trucking or anything, just that of the QB's coming into the league, Tebow will have the highest Trucking. I can't think of anybody that should be ahead of him in that category...

sbh15
04-08-2010, 06:37 PM
Also, if it's talking about overalls, it shouldn't necessarily surprise you. Madden ratings tend to favor scrambling QB's quite a bit. His passer ratings could be pretty bad, but when you have good running ratings, those are kind of swept under the rug. I remember Mike Vick was a ******* god in one of the games, he would always run for over 1200 yards or something.

But yeah, Madden is pretty bad anyway. If you just look at some of the motions and stuff players do in gameplay it makes you realize how ******** it is, but the same goes for a lot of games.

Splat
04-08-2010, 06:40 PM
Add another thing that is out of Timmy's control but people will hate him for it.

DoughBoy
04-08-2010, 06:49 PM
******* Tim Tebow..

Crickett
04-08-2010, 06:50 PM
Great I can already see **** just using Tebow to run the ball every play

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/98/Madden2004box.jpg

BaLLiN
04-08-2010, 06:50 PM

what about the players who are muslim or jewish or atheist or whatever?

DeepThreat
04-08-2010, 06:53 PM
what about the players who are muslim or jewish or atheist or whatever?

They aren't as good at throwing the hail mary.

BaLLiN
04-08-2010, 07:03 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/98/Madden2004box.jpg

yeah honestly, he was unfair, its as if you created a player with all 99 ratings

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
04-08-2010, 07:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdhLCpEZkLo&feature=related

FEAR THE VICK!!!

PoopSandwich
04-08-2010, 07:19 PM

Thats a given dude its tim tebow.

I'm just curious if they have a built in sideline crying feature for when you lose and have Tebow on your team.

Splat
04-08-2010, 07:27 PM
I'm just curious if they have a built in sideline crying feature for when you lose and have Tebow on your team.

Ya because he is the first football player to ever cry on the sidelines...:rolleyes:

PoopSandwich
04-08-2010, 07:29 PM
Ya because he is the first football player to ever cry on the sidelines...:rolleyes:

No but hes the first god to do it.

LonghornsLegend
04-08-2010, 07:32 PM
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en_fuego/files/2009/12/Tebow-crying1.jpg

And NCAA sucks alot more then Madden. It sucks enough for me to not buy it this year, if you really think a game sucks that bad you won't buy it again because you'll just be complaining about the same stuff. If you think Madden has sucked for the past 3 years and still bought it every year it came out that's a little hard for me to understand. I know it's the only football game and all, but why waste your money?

CC.SD
04-08-2010, 07:38 PM

Injuries heal instantly on Tebow's team.

Gay Ork Wang
04-08-2010, 07:56 PM
No but hes the first god to do it.
DUDE. JORDYZZZ eats Tebow's ovaries for brinner

04-08-2010, 08:22 PM

With the faith of a mustard seed, you can move first down markers.

M.O.T.H.
04-08-2010, 08:22 PM
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en_fuego/files/2009/12/Tebow-crying1.jpg

And NCAA sucks alot more then Madden. It sucks enough for me to not buy it this year, if you really think a game sucks that bad you won't buy it again because you'll just be complaining about the same stuff. If you think Madden has sucked for the past 3 years and still bought it every year it came out that's a little hard for me to understand. I know it's the only football game and all, but why waste your money?

You said it yourself...it's the only football game. EA can keep releasing crap and they'll sell like hotcakes. haha. That's just the way it is. There are plenty of people who complain about Madden every year and still buy it every year. There is no alternative if you want to play some NFL video game football. Look at all the people that buy 2K baseball...a horrible franchise, but 360 owners have no choice if they want to play a baseball game. For me personally, when I watch football or baseball or basketball, whatever. I always get the itch to play a season myself. Madden is all there is.

PoopSandwich
04-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Tim Tebows team always has full morale and free agents always accept offers to play with Tebow himself.

PrimetimeTheDon
04-08-2010, 08:30 PM
His speed will be an 80.

WTF are you morons bitching about? Have you never played madden? 80 speed aint ****, and a decent truck rating on a QB for Tebow is exactly how it should be.

smh...

MetSox17
04-08-2010, 08:34 PM
I'll love hit sticking all the Jeebus users when they try to scramble every play.

04-08-2010, 08:49 PM
His speed will be an 80.

WTF are you morons bitching about? Have you never played madden? 80 speed aint ****, and a decent truck rating on a QB for Tebow is exactly how it should be.

smh...
Have you ever played Madden? Any QB with 80 speed or more is a running threat, because so few DEs and DTs have 80 speed or more. Go find a QB with 80 speed and watch how you can rack up yards easily.

And nice personal attack.

JRTPlaya21
04-08-2010, 09:46 PM
I for one think NCAA is shaping up really well and I will probably be buying it since this is the last high school class that I really want to play with.

tjsunstein
04-08-2010, 10:53 PM

He got shafted if so. Hester is a 100 speed. Tebow should be the have the first 101 rating ever.

04-08-2010, 10:57 PM
He got shafted if so. Hester is a 100 speed. Tebow should be the have the first 101 rating ever.

Oh yeah. His passion rating is 101, it's just his Jesus rating that is 99, because Tebow himself will tell you, only Jesus has a 100 Jesus rating.

frubulubu
04-08-2010, 10:59 PM
When you look at all the options on football games, there aint much to choose from. Madden, NCAA, and that junk with Doug Willisms, thats almost like playing guitar hero.

PoopSandwich
04-08-2010, 11:00 PM
Oh yeah. His passion rating is 101, it's just his Jesus rating that is 99, because Tebow himself will tell you, only Jesus has a 100 Jesus rating.

Tebow should just be able to fly into the end zone and if he gets too tired to do that they need to roll out a red carpet with players on both sides kneeling and at least 5 naked women ready to do whatever the man wishes. Foreplay would probably include reciting bible verses to make them sound naughty.

Ho0k Em'
04-09-2010, 08:27 AM
Tebow should just be able to fly into the end zone and if he gets too tired to do that they need to roll out a red carpet with players on both sides kneeling and at least 5 naked women ready to do whatever the man wishes. Foreplay would probably include reciting bible verses to make them sound naughty.

How dare you imply Tim Tebow gets tired.

Addict
04-09-2010, 08:47 AM
Have you ever played Madden? Any QB with 80 speed or more is a running threat, because so few DEs and DTs have 80 speed or more. Go find a QB with 80 speed and watch how you can rack up yards easily.

exactly. That coupled with a trucking rating higher than most running back (and fullbacks) have he'll run over d-linemen and linebackers alike. It's just another case of EA nuthugging someone for no reason other than to have fanboys buy their crap. He'll have decent throwing stats as well probably, since htey never get those right...

I did like the last madden though. I can't get my hands on NCAA here unless it's some overpriced import version, so it's not like I have any options.

Vikes99ej
04-09-2010, 09:24 AM
EA Sports blows my balls.

PrimetimeTheDon
04-09-2010, 04:05 PM

Hmm...I wouldn't call it a personal attack, it was definitely just a general insult. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. http://wtfurls.com/daily/images/155.jpg

Why me so stupid can't post picture message?

49erNation85
04-10-2010, 02:26 AM
Its so funny how all you ******* can just hate on Tebow for him just being a high valuable player who hasn't even played a NFL snap yet and bust his balls over his great career at Florida.Ending it in style getting the cover of NCAA 11! nice deal for him as well. I rarely play Madden online just in leagues due glitching and none sim players ad what not.Just give the poor kid a break.I bet if half you were in his shoes you'd be going after all this crap as well. And Madden suck mostly and I miss NFL 2k sports it needs to come back dearly bad!

El Peefs?????
04-10-2010, 02:53 AM
I don't really see that big of a problem with this either. His overall should still suck. His trucking should be decent and better than any other QB. It doesnt say anything about him being a better trucker than RB/FB or even mention a comparison in that regard (so way to pull that line directly out of your colon, addict).

92 acceleration is too high, but QB's with 80 speed arent that hard to defend. Sure hell be a ***** in short yardage but I really don't think youre going to be afraid of Tebow. Hes going to be a 10% slower Tavaris Jackson (with a weaker arm) from Madden 09.

I wonder if the game will block you from just making/moving him to FB?

Bosanac01
04-10-2010, 05:13 AM
BEST FOOTBALL GAME EVER

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51JQA30D1WL._SL500_.jpg

wicket
04-10-2010, 05:28 AM
Thats why NCAA Football is >>>>>>> Madden

but ea only has that out in america so one cant even get one that works on a european xbox/ playstation, gdmn area codes

Addict
04-10-2010, 05:33 AM
I don't really see that big of a problem with this either. His overall should still suck. His trucking should be decent and better than any other QB. It doesnt say anything about him being a better trucker than RB/FB or even mention a comparison in that regard (so way to pull that line directly out of your colon, addict).

92 acceleration is too high, but QB's with 80 speed arent that hard to defend. Sure hell be a ***** in short yardage but I really don't think youre going to be afraid of Tebow. Hes going to be a 10% slower Tavaris Jackson (with a weaker arm) from Madden 09.

I wonder if the game will block you from just making/moving him to FB?

we're gonna act like the first part of this post never existed! See, the thing is I can't read.

Itīs been a wellpublicized thing that when they made Madden 10 they wanted the ratings to be more stretched out. Also the speeds have been diversified to create more seperation between fast players and slow ones. So comparing ī11 Tebow to ī09 Tavaris Jackson isn't possible. The scale of the ratings is very different.

irishbucsfan
04-10-2010, 08:10 AM
Addict, they didn't actually say he had a 92 truck rating. They said his ACC would be 92, and that his TRK would just be higher than other QBs.

zachsaints52
04-10-2010, 08:21 AM
Wow I am a Tebow fan and its getting annoying all the hate going on with Tebow on here. Like two or three people I can tell are big on Tebows nuts but the rest who like him respect him for what he is all about. But then because of a couple people who talk about him alot the people who don't like him decides to criticize his religion and everything else about him. I'd honestly rather every thread about him get locked then to have the same "Jesus this" and "Jesus that" because it honestly wants me to keep defending him, especially about his religion aspect. Its sad that people can't accept that he shows his emotions on the field and off the field he tries to be a better person everyday.

But back to the OP, best believe I will use him. I like throwing on the run, and I would think his will be decent. Also I always fantasy draft, so this gives me a reason to wait on a QB (now someone will try to be funny and say he goes #1 everytime....)

Addict
04-10-2010, 08:36 AM
Wow I am a Tebow fan and its getting annoying all the hate going on with Tebow on here. Like two or three people I can tell are big on Tebows nuts but the rest who like him respect him for what he is all about. But then because of a couple people who talk about him alot the people who don't like him decides to criticize his religion and everything else about him. I'd honestly rather every thread about him get locked then to have the same "Jesus this" and "Jesus that" because it honestly wants me to keep defending him, especially about his religion aspect. Its sad that people can't accept that he shows his emotions on the field and off the field he tries to be a better person everyday.

But back to the OP, best believe I will use him. I like throwing on the run, and I would think his will be decent. Also I always fantasy draft, so this gives me a reason to wait on a QB (now someone will try to be funny and say he goes #1 everytime....)

it's more the hype around him than the player himself, I think. The fact he draws away attention from better pro prospects rubs people the wrong way. I don't think anyone really personally hates Tebow's personallity. Although I think it's ... well it's too much God and Jesus for my taste. But then again it's too much God pretty fast for me.

zachsaints52
04-10-2010, 08:45 AM
it's more the hype around him than the player himself, I think. The fact he draws away attention from better pro prospects rubs people the wrong way. I don't think anyone really personally hates Tebow's personallity. Although I think it's ... well it's too much God and Jesus for my taste. But then again it's too much God pretty fast for me.

While I honestly have no complaints about other peoples beliefs, theres seems to be a trend that only the people who don't like his religion is the ones bringing it up. (Except for the one forum where we went really into it). Its just annoying.

Addict
04-10-2010, 08:49 AM
While I honestly have no complaints about other peoples beliefs, theres seems to be a trend that only the people who don't like his religion is the ones bringing it up. (Except for the one forum where we went really into it). Its just annoying.

Well obviously the fact that he's so religious can be a turnoff for people, so they mention it as a reason for not liking him, that seems reasonable enough. Plus it's his joke thing. Like JR is fat, Tebow hearts Jesus.

04-10-2010, 09:05 AM
Hmm...I wouldn't call it a personal attack, it was definitely just a general insult. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. http://wtfurls.com/daily/images/155.jpg

Why me so stupid can't post picture message?

General insult, personal attack... still against the rules.

Sorry you're so butthurt.

Addict
04-10-2010, 09:12 AM

http://cdn2.knowyourmeme.com/i/10823/original/butthurt.jpg

jnew76
04-10-2010, 10:47 AM
This thread needed an enima... thanks.

singe_101
04-10-2010, 11:27 AM

How does his apparent maximum of late first round take away from better prospects? He's not going third overall like Vince Young or first like Alex Smith.

I don't know how he'll perform in the NFL but I also didn't think he would throw 88 TD and 16 INT with SEC conference schedules and tough bowl games. The Meyer system helped him a lot but the SEC defensive systems, which are tough, failed miserably about 9/10 games, plus bowl success.

Anyway, I can see him as a cog in a successful offense just as a defensive player doesn't have to control everything. We've had Garrard in the playoffs multiple times, Sanchez with 20 picks, the Skins with Todd Collins and Jason Campbell, etc. Tebow would be an upgrade for Oakland, Buffalo, St. Louis though they won't pick him, Tampa (or at least very different from Freeman), could be a Texans backup, etc.

PrimetimeTheDon
04-10-2010, 04:26 PM

Hm, I didn't realize that a Warning was the internet equivalent to violating my anus.

Addict
04-10-2010, 04:59 PM
Hm, I didn't realize that a Warning was the internet equivalent to violating my anus.

either you're faking ignorance or you need to lurk moar

holt_bruce81
04-10-2010, 06:07 PM

Yeah but in Madden it seems like the D-Line is way faster than it should be. I remember I was the Eagles and this guy was the Vikes and every route with Desean Jackson the dude using Jared Allen was running step for step, it was ********. And it always seems like D-tackles catch up to my Quarterback when there's no way they should be able to.

God I hate Madden, why do I play it.

PoopSandwich
04-10-2010, 06:26 PM
TBH I dont think tebows trucking or speed is enough he's the best college player ever and that ALWAYS transitions to the pros.

04-10-2010, 06:38 PM

http://www.flashpointsocialmedia.com/Area51/Orion/Images/o_rly.jpg

descendency
04-10-2010, 08:49 PM

So he's Wolverine?

Brent
04-11-2010, 11:59 AM
So he's Wolverine?
No, he is that televangelist who slaps people and heals their wounds and ****.

04-11-2010, 12:03 PM

5lvU-DislkI

CLong4Heisman
04-11-2010, 07:42 PM
Look at 0:48 seconds on that video. He doesn't make contact

prock
04-11-2010, 07:45 PM
Its so funny how all you ******* can just hate on Tebow for him just being a high valuable player who hasn't even played a NFL snap yet and bust his balls over his great career at Florida.Ending it in style getting the cover of NCAA 11! nice deal for him as well. I rarely play Madden online just in leagues due glitching and none sim players ad what not.Just give the poor kid a break.I bet if half you were in his shoes you'd be going after all this crap as well. And Madden suck mostly and I miss NFL 2k sports it needs to come back dearly bad!

Yes we will give poor old Tim Tebow a break. He really has it rough. **** it, the media sucks his **** so much and it pisses off knowledgeable football fans because they know he isn't good.

Addict
04-11-2010, 07:52 PM
Yes we will give poor old Tim Tebow a break. He really has it rough. **** it, the media sucks his **** so much and it pisses off knowledgeable football fans because they know he isn't good.

not pro-ready, anyway.

TitansCJftw
04-11-2010, 07:57 PM

sometimes they slap back LOL
_x5PqkpVhg0

VUBlacknGold
04-11-2010, 09:18 PM
I had a chiefs fan come in today, she said she wanted the cheifs to draft Tim Tebow with their first pick. I LOL'd in her face. The End

Addict
04-11-2010, 09:23 PM
I had a chiefs fan come in today, she said she wanted the cheifs to draft Tim Tebow with their first pick. I shat in her face. The End

I've fixed it for you.

descendency
04-11-2010, 09:47 PM
I want the Chiefs to take Tim Tebow at 5th.

PrimetimeTheDon
04-12-2010, 04:40 PM
either you're faking ignorance or you need to lurk moar

moar?

Really?

PrimetimeTheDon
04-12-2010, 04:44 PM
Tim Tebow is a 4.6 bulldozer at 245 lbs. WTF do you people want? Should they just rate him innacurately to keep people from being able to play like how he plays in real life?

So we should slight Tebow's ability to keep people from using him?

?????? Did you want 70 speed 70 btk and 70 carry too? Just so I can't truck the **** out of you when we play online and laugh so much in the mic that you quit the game?

People used to play as Vick on 04 in Madden and I'd laugh. SHUT DOWN. Play as safety, dual QB spy = Win for me and chuckles for me.

Dr. Gonzo
04-12-2010, 05:04 PM
This year the Madden curse will be broken when Tebow is crucified, giving hope to all those Curse believers out there, only to rise from the dead three days later. He will have died for our sins and finally the curse will be put to rest.

RealityCheck
04-12-2010, 05:06 PM
However his awareness and throw accuracy will be low as hell, making his overall 70-something.

That's how the stupid Madden rating system works.

PrimetimeTheDon
04-13-2010, 04:45 PM
However his awareness and throw accuracy will be low as hell, making his overall 70-something.

That's how the stupid Madden rating system works.

Let's see, he is a 6-3 245lb power running QB with a decent arm, decent accuracy but huge questions about how he can translate to the NFL due to the descrepancy between the awareness required to run a spread option in college to a pro style offense in the NFL.

So, seems like an 80 speed 85 trk 60 awr 75 accuracy 88-90 thp to me.

Looks an awful lot like Tim Tebow to me.

VUBlacknGold
04-13-2010, 05:01 PM
Let's see, he is a 6-3 245lb power running QB with a decent arm, decent accuracy but huge questions about how he can translate to the NFL due to the descrepancy between the awareness required to run a spread option in college to a pro style offense in the NFL.

nock down that thp to 85, then we'll talk

Addict
04-13-2010, 05:04 PM

Tim Tebow is a 4.6 bulldozer at 245 lbs. WTF do you people want? Should they just rate him innacurately to keep people from being able to play like how he plays in real life?

So we should slight Tebow's ability to keep people from using him?

?????? Did you want 70 speed 70 btk and 70 carry too? Just so I can't truck the **** out of you when we play online and laugh so much in the mic that you quit the game?

People used to play as Vick on 04 in Madden and I'd laugh. SHUT DOWN. Play as safety, dual QB spy = Win for me and chuckles for me.

moar?

Really?

Either you're a troll or the saddest sentient being alive.

PrimetimeTheDon
04-14-2010, 04:25 PM
nock down that thp to 85, then we'll talk

Why would I give him an unrealistic throw power?

BaLLiN
04-14-2010, 07:29 PM
This year the Madden curse will be broken when Tebow is crucified, giving hope to all those Curse believers out there, only to rise from the dead three days later. He will have died for our sins and finally the curse will be put to rest.

i love you gonzo

regoob2
04-14-2010, 07:56 PM
Why would I give him an unrealistic throw power?
Thats not unrealistic.

PrimetimeTheDon
04-26-2010, 12:33 PM
I can't wait to be Denver and crush all of you bums on Live.