PDA

View Full Version : Jared Veldheer

LOLitsTomBrady
04-08-2010, 08:30 PM
how about taking this guy in the 2nd round. It looks like he needs a year or 2 before he starts which is perfect because Backus will almost be a free agent by the time Veldheers ready.

P-L
04-08-2010, 11:03 PM
I'd rather pass. The Lions aren't in a position to take project players. If we do draft an offensive tackle, I want it to be someone could contribute soon, just in case Backus reverts to his old ways

Addict
04-09-2010, 05:46 AM
I'd prefer Saffold there, if we're taking OL in the second.

SINCE1978
04-09-2010, 08:17 AM
2nd is pretty high ... especially pick #34. He has "upside" but not sure he is an NFL caliber LT. Not highly recruited out of HS, grew a ton in college, not certain on him & pick #34 needs to be a certainty imho ... a player that starts in 2010.

Addict
04-09-2010, 08:20 AM
2nd is pretty high ... especially pick #34. He has "upside" but not sure he is an NFL caliber LT. Not highly recruited out of HS, grew a ton in college, not certain on him & pick #34 needs to be a certainty imho ... a player that starts in 2010.

his arms are too short. He's a guard.

Prowler
04-09-2010, 12:27 PM
bruce campbell would be the only tackle that i would feel comfortable taking there. i'm pretty sure that we can write in a RB in that spot though. maybe a corner.

Addict
04-10-2010, 05:43 AM
bruce campbell would be the only tackle that i would feel comfortable taking there. i'm pretty sure that we can write in a RB in that spot though. maybe a corner.

second round picks are always tough to project because we have so many needs we can essentially go BPA and fill a hole.

Brothgar
04-11-2010, 06:10 PM
If we are going to take an OT this season who we expect to start in one or two years it has to be at #2 or trade down. There isn't really a non major project outside of the top 10.

wingboy2999
04-12-2010, 07:46 AM
CB or RB or whatever really good player drops to #34. If we go any other way.. thats just dumb.

noondog
04-12-2010, 11:38 PM
how about taking this guy in the 2nd round. It looks like he needs a year or 2 before he starts which is perfect because Backus will almost be a free agent by the time Veldheers ready.

I look at Veldheer and read all the hype because of his size, etc and two words come to mind: Herman Johnson. I don't see Veldheer going before the fourth at the earliest, but more likely the fifth like Herman. Depth lineman, that's it.

Addict
04-13-2010, 04:38 AM
CB or RB or whatever really good player drops to #34. If we go any other way.. thats just dumb.

Dumb isn't the word I'd use if we were to draft a potential LT of the future. Less than ideal, maybe. I'd still like a DT/LT draft in the first two rounds. Running backs are dime a dozen in the draft.

wingboy2999
04-13-2010, 06:00 AM
Dumb isn't the word I'd use if we were to draft a potential LT of the future. Less than ideal, maybe. I'd still like a DT/LT draft in the first two rounds. Running backs are dime a dozen in the draft.

Yes thats true. And I guess, at worst, we could just turn the potential LT into a OG. But I think we are hurting too much at CB to pass it up.