PDA

View Full Version : **Official Boxing Thread**

Pages : 1 [2]

ATLDirtyBirds
06-30-2007, 10:30 PM
I'd def. take Floyd....no question but, I would pay big moeny to see this one...I hope it goes down.

Me as well. I want the Hatton supporters to back the **** down.

SugarSean
06-30-2007, 11:07 PM
I just watched Holyfield vs. Savarese and it was actually a really good fight for heavyweights. I think Evander could make some noise. He probably can beat two outta the four title holders. He looked really good tonight.

M.O.T.H.
07-01-2007, 11:25 AM
I just watched Holyfield vs. Savarese and it was actually a really good fight for heavyweights. I think Evander could make some noise. He probably can beat two outta the four title holders. He looked really good tonight.

What was the outcome?

MaxV
07-01-2007, 11:33 AM
What was the outcome?

10-round decision for Evander.

M.O.T.H.
07-01-2007, 11:35 AM
10-round decision for Evander.

Thanks, Max. I never heard how he won...

MaxV
07-01-2007, 11:47 AM
Evander picked the right time to come back. HW division is TERRIBLE.

With that said, none of the 4 guys that are holding the title are easy to beat and Evander is a shadow of his former self.

I'm not so sure he can win the title.

UKfan
07-01-2007, 11:53 AM
David Haye is the future at HW after he beats Mormeck at Cruiserweight. :D

BufFan71
07-01-2007, 12:52 PM
if holyfield is coming back, i think it'd be a good time for Golota to come back

SugarSean
07-01-2007, 01:20 PM
Thanks, Max. I never heard how he won...

Yeah, it was a UD for Holyfield, but he knocked down Savarese like 3 or 4 times. He shoulda ended it in the fourth, ninth and tenth rounds. He dominated.

Rob S
07-01-2007, 10:48 PM
meh......holyfield is whatever. I dont think he can beat any of the titleholders, and i pray he doesnt bc i KNOW he will delay unification to hold onto that belt.

M.O.T.H.
07-01-2007, 10:51 PM
David Haye is the future at HW after he beats Mormeck at Cruiserweight. :D

I love watching him fight.....

Rob S
07-01-2007, 10:53 PM
I'm rooting for Williams, b/c I don't really like Margarito. I think he's overrated. I think this is gonna be a great test for Williams, b/c I would like to see him be the next huge superstar in the sport. I don't know what it is about him, maybe it's how he says yes sir and no sir in all his interviews that I like about him. He seems really polite, humble, confident, cocky...everything. Then he's got the right style and frame to be able to conquer every division up to 160. Maybe 168. I don't know, but when you watch him in interviews and stuff he just comes off as a guy that you wanna root for. I can't say if I think he'll win against Tony, but I HOPE he wins.

I dont know if williams will be as effective when he goes up in weight. Look at his main strengths, he has enormous reach, and throw a ton of punches, with only a little above average power. Now, when he goes up he loses his reach advantage to some extent and become, imo, a light puncher at MW. Then all he has is a less important reach advantage and his ability to volume punch., At 160+ I think Williams is a slightly more skilled, slightly more powerful, bigger version of Kassim Ouma. That is respectable (I think he could make a respectable 160), but I dont ever see him dominationg. People dont realize how much Williams gets hit, he gets hit as much or more than Cotto. If he goes up in weight, well, Paul Williams better have a chin on him.

SugarSean
07-07-2007, 03:38 PM
I dont know if williams will be as effective when he goes up in weight. Look at his main strengths, he has enormous reach, and throw a ton of punches, with only a little above average power. Now, when he goes up he loses his reach advantage to some extent and become, imo, a light puncher at MW. Then all he has is a less important reach advantage and his ability to volume punch., At 160+ I think Williams is a slightly more skilled, slightly more powerful, bigger version of Kassim Ouma. That is respectable (I think he could make a respectable 160), but I dont ever see him dominationg. People dont realize how much Williams gets hit, he gets hit as much or more than Cotto. If he goes up in weight, well, Paul Williams better have a chin on him.

I've only seen maybe three or four of William's fights to be honest. When I say that I think he'll be the next big thing, it's mostly because I like him. Not really because I think he's the truth. We'll see how he fairs against Margarito. Only one week left. Can't wait.

MaxV
07-08-2007, 07:49 PM
Well, Wlad got his revenge against Brewster, as expected.

I hope he fights the winner of Ibragimov-Chagaev next.

ATLDirtyBirds
07-08-2007, 07:55 PM
Well, Wlad got his revenge against Brewster, as expected.

I hope he fights the winner of Ibragimov-Chagaev next.

Me too.

10 char

SugarSean
07-15-2007, 01:49 AM
Paul Williams looked impressive tonight. He is gonna be pretty damn hard to beat at 147. I didn't think it was possible to throw that many punches for 12 rounds straight.

SuperMcGee
07-15-2007, 03:16 AM
It was painfully obvious that it was coming, but it's still sad to see him go. Thanks for the great fights Gatti. One of my favorite athletes of all time. I can't think of how I want to describe him, but we all know how big his heart was and he is one of the better sports figures that comes to mind.

BlindSite
07-15-2007, 07:55 AM
meh......holyfield is whatever. I dont think he can beat any of the titleholders, and i pray he doesnt bc i KNOW he will delay unification to hold onto that belt.

I don't think he would stand a chance, most fighters who go the distance, are either against a great opponent or over the hill imo, holyfield is the latter.

Billingsley26
07-15-2007, 11:29 AM
Paul Williams looked impressive tonight. He is gonna be pretty damn hard to beat at 147. I didn't think it was possible to throw that many punches for 12 rounds straight.

He sure did!!! I thought Williams held most of the fight, Id say at least the first 5-6 rounds at least. Margarito came on at the end, and looked as if he was gonna take it, but Williams did what he needed to win. Williams is a true champ and a classy winner. He deserved that. Margarito is a big b**** baby, and has no class. He lost the fight. I dont care what he says, he didnt take a round until half the fight was over. All he has to do is complain now.

SugarSean I agree with you on what you said about Williams earlier. I like him and his style. I hope he does well. I mean hes doing very well right now, but I hope that this title is the first of many great things.

bernbabybern820
07-15-2007, 12:30 PM
I wanted to see Paul Williams win just so i can see Mosley fight Cotto. Now that will be a very interesting match up.

Rob S
07-15-2007, 01:30 PM
Paul Williams looked good, but god damn he is a *****. He throws his punches with what seems like no conviction, and just gets by on volume punching. One thing I hate in a fighter is not showing a desire to finish a fight, Williams doesnt have that imo. As someone who has trained, that makes me lose a ton of respect for him Plus, he was clinching a lot, which I cant stand. Yes he looked amazing, yes he is a very, very good fighter, but I hate his style.

Rob S
07-15-2007, 01:34 PM
I am really excited about a potential Shane Mosely Cotto fight. I think Shane may be a bad style matchup for Cotto, but I also think Shane may be a tad overrated. Now, hear me out. Since his losses to Winky it is my opinion that Shane has been protected. He has fought low level fighters with the exception of Collazo (I considered Vargas to be done, and we have to remember Collazo was injured). I mean, I have no problem with Sugar being top 10 p4p, he belongs there, but I just question whether or not he is still the dynamic fighter he once was. The fact is that we wont know until he gets in there with a great opponent, Cotto will be that guy. Now, on paper, Mosley's speed and pretty good power should be the perfect recipe to beat Cotto. But, has Mosely lost some of that? I dont know. And even if Mosely is still a great fighter, will he be able to deal with the amazing heart, and vicious body punching of cotto? Cotto will get tagged, but when he does that left hook to the liver will be right there after he gets hit. If Cotto is able to get to Shane's body I could see Shane losing that speed and power in the 2nd half the fight and see Cotto walking him down as he does all of his other opponents. All in all, I see this as a total pick em fight and one that I am pumped, albeit a bit scared, about. War Cotto!

Billingsley26
07-15-2007, 01:44 PM
Rob S, you see the Steve Molitor fight last night? Not sure if it was a big deal in the states, but it was in Toronto because Molitor fights outta Mississauga where I live and the fight was just north of Toronto in Rama. Talk about style, his trainer has the best fighting strategy. He says dont go for the knock out blows to head because then the opponent will drop because he will get knocked out. Go for the body shots, you wont knock him necesarily, but you will work him down to almost nothing left, to where he HAS to quit. To the point where he is giving up on himself, to where he his mindset is gone and he doesnt want to fight anymore.

I love it. Molitor kicked the crap outta Takalani Ndlovu (sp?). Knocked him down 3 times in the 9th round, all in about less than a minute, shortly after the ref stopped it. Good for Molitor, great fight. I like the kid and his style.

Rob S
07-15-2007, 05:25 PM
Rob S, you see the Steve Molitor fight last night? Not sure if it was a big deal in the states, but it was in Toronto because Molitor fights outta Mississauga where I live and the fight was just north of Toronto in Rama. Talk about style, his trainer has the best fighting strategy. He says dont go for the knock out blows to head because then the opponent will drop because he will get knocked out. Go for the body shots, you wont knock him necesarily, but you will work him down to almost nothing left, to where he HAS to quit. To the point where he is giving up on himself, to where he his mindset is gone and he doesnt want to fight anymore.

I love it. Molitor kicked the crap outta Takalani Ndlovu (sp?). Knocked him down 3 times in the 9th round, all in about less than a minute, shortly after the ref stopped it. Good for Molitor, great fight. I like the kid and his style.
I have heard his name, never seen him fight or know much about him tho. I love that style too, that why I am a cotto fan. I think the methodical plodding style is just awesome to watch. If you have ever trained, you know how much each of those body shots hurt, and it is totally true that they wear you down and stay with you throughout the fight. You can shake off a head shot, body shots stay with you.

BlindSite
07-15-2007, 05:54 PM
This fight I am looking forward too:

BERNARD HOPKINS BATTLES WINKY WRIGHT
SATURDAY, JULY 21ST AT MANDALAY BAY IN LAS VEGAS
LIVE ON PAY-PER-VIEW

LAS VEGAS (May 5) . . . When boxing historians look back at the current era of boxing, two names will stand out among the finest of this generation – Bernard Hopkins and Winky Wright. But for these fierce competitors, being one of the elite isn’t enough. On Saturday, July 21st, at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, live on HBO Pay-Per-View, Hopkins and Wright will battle one another to claim supremacy.

“I’m back and my record speaks for itself,” said Hopkins, the former undisputed middleweight champion whose Ring magazine light heavyweight belt will be on the line in this 170-pound bout. “I was champion for over ten years, had 20 defenses and a win over a man they said was the best light heavyweight in the world, Antonio Tarver. Winky Wright is a good fighter, but I’m a great fighter, and I’ll prove that once again on July 21st.”

“I’m glad that Bernard stepped up to the plate to fight me when no one else wanted to take the challenge and I respect him for that,” said Wright. “But that will all go out the window when we step into the ring on July 21st. I’m younger, faster, stronger and better than Hopkins and he knows it.”

“Hopkins vs Wright - Coming to Fight” is presented by Golden Boy Promotions in association with Winky Promotions, and is sponsored by Southwest Airlines, Tecate beer, and Rockstar Energy Drink. HBO Pay-Per-View will air the event beginning at 9pm ET / 6pm PT.

“This fight will be a summer bonanza with both Bernard and Winky attempting to establish who reigns supreme,” said Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer. “The combined experience of the two fighters will guarantee fight fans a spectacular evening of boxing and a magnificent display of skill and talent.”

“We look forward to hosting another great championship fight at Mandalay Bay this summer,” said MGM MIRAGE President of Sports and Entertainment Richard Sturm. “This battle of two great champions continues our tradition of bringing the fans the best in boxing.”

"Hopkins vs. Wright features two of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the sport who never back down from a challenge", said HBO Pay-Per-View's Mark Taffet. "Bernard's victory over Tarver and Winky's win over Trinidad are two of the most dominating big-fight wins in recent memory. Each of them will need to bring their 'A-game' into the ring for this showdown."

Tickets for Hopkins vs. Wright, “Coming To Fight” are priced at $850, $650, $450, $250 and $100 and are now on sale. Tickets are available at any Mandalay Bay box office and all Las Vegas Ticketmaster locations (Smith’s Food and Drug Centers, Macy’s stores and Ritmo Latino). To charge by phone with a major credit card, call the Mandalay Bay box office at (702) 632-7580 or Ticketmaster at (702) 474-4000. Tickets also are available for purchase at www.mandalaybay.com or www.ticketmaster.com.

A true legend of the game and a future Hall of Famer, the Philadelphia native Bernard ‘The Executioner’ Hopkins (47-4-1, 32 KOs) ruled the middleweight division for over a decade and defended his title a record 20 times, defeating the likes of Oscar De La Hoya, Felix Trinidad, William Joppy, and Glen Johnson. In 2005, he would lose his title in controversial fashion to Jermain Taylor, and after another disputed loss in their rematch, many believed Hopkins’ best days had passed. But in June of 2006, at the age of 41, the Philadelphia native moved up in weight for the first time in his career and was brilliant dominating the top 175-pound fighter in the world, Antonio Tarver, en route to a lopsided decision win. Hopkins announced his retirement immediately following his monumental accomplishment but shortly thereafter, decided he was still physically and mentally capable of fighting big fights against his elite peers. On July 21st, Hopkins will again look to show the world that age “ain’t nothin’ but a number” when he takes on Winky Wright.

The pride of St. Petersburg, Florida, 35-year old southpaw Winky Wright (51-3-1, 25 KOs) took the long road to boxing stardom. A standout amateur, Wright was forced to go overseas to get fights in the early part of his career, but it was in his opponents’ backyards that he learned the finer points of the game and developed the mental toughness that led him to the world junior middleweight title in 2001. Wright would defend his title six times (including two wins over Shane Mosley) before moving up to the middleweight division and nearly shutting out Felix Trinidad in 2005 in one of the most masterful performances in years. Two fights later, Wright would fight to a controversial draw with Jermain Taylor in a fight most believed he won, but with a win over former world champion Ike Quartey last December, Wright is back in the win column and ready for his showdown with ‘The Executioner.’

The Hopkins vs Wright pay-per-view telecast, beginning at 9 pm ET/6 pm PT, will be distributed by HBO Pay-Per-View and will be available to more than 61 million pay-per-view homes. The telecast will be available in HD-TV for those viewers who can receive HD. HBO Pay-Per-View is the leading supplier of event programming to the pay-per-view industry. For your Hopkins vs. Wright fight week updates, log on to www.hbo.com

Rob S
07-15-2007, 06:38 PM
This fight I am looking forward too:

will most likely be a snoozefest because of styles, but I am interested in it. It is not often 2 top 5 p4p fighters go at it, I think that is what we are seeing here.

bored of education
07-16-2007, 07:44 AM
I knew Williams would win. Margarito needs to STFUP.

BlindSite
07-16-2007, 07:48 AM
will most likely be a snoozefest because of styles, but I am interested in it. It is not often 2 top 5 p4p fighters go at it, I think that is what we are seeing here.

Peekaboo style from winky against a bigger hitter will be interesting imo.

Rob S
07-16-2007, 07:49 AM
I knew Williams would win. Margarito needs to STFUP.

I understand where Margarito is coming from. Now, I dont think he won the fight, but he did land the harder shots and did do more damage. He did not win, but it is easy to see how he thinks he could have won. Plus, he has a right to be frustrated with Paul Williams' holding, which he easily could have been docked a point for, which would have made the fight a draw.

Rob S
07-16-2007, 07:52 AM
Peekaboo style from winky against a bigger hitter will be interesting imo.

Yeah, it could be interesting, but I dont think it will be. Here's why. I dont think either of the two will take on the roll of the aggressor. Every fight needs someone to come forward and push the fight. Bernard wont do that unless he feels he is much stronger and Winky wont do it unless the Jermain Taylor fight convinced him to be a pressure fighter. I dont think either is the case, I expect to see a lot of blocked shots, quite a bit of clinching, and some trademark punches by Hopkins to the back of Winky's head haha.

BlindSite
07-17-2007, 12:40 AM
I dunno, i think Winky will push the issue big time, reason being you can't really take a championship belt on a point, split decision.

From what I've seen if you want a belt you've gotta bust someone up or knock them down/out.

It'll start out slow, but imo by the 6th or 7th, tiredness will start to trickle in and they'll start opening up more.

kwilk103
07-25-2007, 11:38 PM
supposedly its now cotto/mosley on nov 10

mayweather/hatton dec 1

winners to meet each other in 08

07-26-2007, 01:40 PM
supposedly its now cotto/mosley on nov 10

mayweather/hatton dec 1

winners to meet each other in 08

You got a link because I heard Mayweather is dodging Hatton again and De La Hoya is looking to fight Hatton.

UKfan
07-26-2007, 01:46 PM
You got a link because I heard Mayweather is dodging Hatton again and De La Hoya is looking to fight Hatton.

Today he (Hatton) was linked with Joel Casamayor, Ricardo Torres, David Diaz and Paul Spadafora in the press here, no Mayweather mentioned, apparently the problem is Hatton wants the same money as Mayweather for a fight, and Mayweather wants the bulk.

07-26-2007, 02:00 PM
Mayweather doesn't deserve the bulk. Hatton has proved him self against tough fighters in thier prime. All Mayweather has done is beat popular fighters that are way passed their prime, but of course that's Mayweather excuse not to fight Hatton is because he wants the bulk.

kwilk103
07-26-2007, 07:17 PM
mayweathers callin his bluff; hatton called him out, mayweather said lets go, now hattons making unreasonable demands

ATLDirtyBirds
07-26-2007, 08:19 PM
Mayweather doesn't deserve the bulk. Hatton has proved him self against tough fighters in thier prime. All Mayweather has done is beat popular fighters that are way passed their prime, but of course that's Mayweather excuse not to fight Hatton is because he wants the bulk.

Mayweather is the superior fighter, and people will watch the fight for Mayweather, not Hatton. He deserves the bulk.

SugarSean
07-26-2007, 11:53 PM

Please name for me the tough fighters Hatton has beaten in their prime. KT? JLC? Who else? (rolls eyes)

07-27-2007, 01:08 AM
Please name for me the tough fighters Hatton has beaten in their prime. KT? JLC? Who else? (rolls eyes)

Yep and who has Mayweather fought DLH? who is passed his prime AG? who is passed his prime Who else? (rolls eyes)

07-27-2007, 01:09 AM
mayweathers callin his bluff; hatton called him out, mayweather said lets go, now hattons making unreasonable demands

Unreasonable demends? All he wasnt is at least half. This Mayweather guy wants 80 % Thats unreasonable

07-27-2007, 01:15 AM
Mayweather is the superior fighter, and people will watch the fight for Mayweather, not Hatton. He deserves the bulk.

That's why Hatton has sold out all of the U.S. fights right? Because they don't want to see him right? People will watch Hatton also there probably more Mayweather "fans" but does he derserve 80%? I don't think so.

SugarSean
07-28-2007, 12:52 AM
Yep and who has Mayweather fought DLH? who is passed his prime AG? who is passed his prime Who else? (rolls eyes)

Dude, please find me ANY reputable boxing writer/analyst that thinks that Hatton has fought tougher competition than Floyd or more prime fighters. Mayweather hasn't fought world beaters every single fight, but who has? Here's a start...prime JLC (twice) and a prime and undefeated Diego Corrales. Please go to boxrec or somewhere to compare their careers fight for fight. It's no contest.

07-28-2007, 12:55 AM
Dude, please find me ANY reputable boxing writer/analyst that thinks that Hatton has fought tougher competition than Floyd or more prime fighters. Mayweather hasn't fought world beaters every single fight, but who has? Here's a start...prime JLC (twice) and a prime Diego Corrales. Hell, even Baldomir was more in his prime than any significant fighter Hatton has beaten.

Hey I've seen you on TV! You're the guy who doesn't know Sports and talks out of his butt! Wow we have a cleb (besides me) on NFLDC!

SugarSean
07-28-2007, 12:59 AM
Did anybody catch Berto get dropped tonight? I had to run to the store around the third round and missed the rest of the fight. Was it bad or a flash knockdown?

SugarSean
07-28-2007, 01:15 AM
Hey I've seen you on TV! You're the guy who doesn't know Sports and talks out of his butt! Wow we have a cleb (besides me) on NFLDC!

Dude, you are obviously a tard. Please explain to me what a CLEB is? Carlos Baldomir was coming off of wins over Zab and Gatti and he hadn't loss since '98 when Floyd fought him. Jose Luis Castillo, on the other hand, was coming off a HORRIBLE split decision victory over the great Herman Ndoudjo and a decision victory over another great...Rolando Reyes. Please tell me how Hatton beating an old out of prime JLC is better than Floyd beating Baldomir when 10 seconds into the fight, Emmanuel Steward stated that JLC looked shot? I'll ignore you from now on.

UKfan
07-28-2007, 10:23 AM
From Skysports.com

Ricky Hatton and Floyd Mayweather Jr. look set to go toe-to-toe in one of boxing's most eagerly anticipated bouts later this year, according to 'The Hitman's' father.No date or venue has yet been agreed between the parties, but Ray Hatton insists a deal has been struck 'in principle' for his son to face the 'Pretty Boy'.
"We have agreed a deal in principle. The date and venue is up in the air but we agreed via our lawyers what the financial side of it was going to be," Hatton said.
"I can't honestly tell you a deal has been done until I see the signatures on all the documents. But what I can tell you is that both sides were happy with what we finalised verbally."
http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,12-1277566,00.html for the whole article

Looks pretty good! In addition to this, Sky teletext over here has a quote from Mayweather's adviser Leonard Ellerbe in USA Today:

"I never thought he would do it, but Hatton deserves credit for stepping up to the plate."

"He asked for it and now he's going to get it. Floyd is extremely excited. He wants to show Hatton that he's never fought at this level before."

07-28-2007, 12:41 PM
Dude, you are obviously a tard. Please explain to me what a CLEB is? Carlos Baldomir was coming off of wins over Zab and Gatti and he hadn't loss since '98 when Floyd fought him. Jose Luis Castillo, on the other hand, was coming off a HORRIBLE split decision victory over the great Herman Ndoudjo and a decision victory over another great...Rolando Reyes. Please tell me how Hatton beating an old out of prime JLC is better than Floyd beating Baldomir when 10 seconds into the fight, Emmanuel Steward stated that JLC looked shot? I'll ignore you from now on.

You're still yapping out of you're butt? Dang look just quit talking because nobody is listening because you don't know WTH you're talking about.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
07-28-2007, 12:44 PM
just so i know...the xbox thread has turned into the boxing thread??

SuperMcGee
07-28-2007, 12:52 PM
You're still yapping out of you're butt? Dang look just quit talking because nobody is listening because you don't know WTH you're talking about.

He's actually making sense, although the first line was unnecessary, and not just being blinded by his love for a certain fighter. I don't see how he's going to be able to counter this last post, however.

07-28-2007, 01:28 PM
LONDON (AP) - Ricky Hatton and Floyd Mayweather Jr. look set to fight before the end of the year.

Hatton's father said Saturday that his son (43-0, 31 knockouts) has reportedly agreed in principle to fight the American, probably in Las Vegas in November or December."The date and venue is up in the air, but we agreed via our lawyers what the financial side of it is going to be," Ray Hatton said. "I can't honestly tell you a deal has been done until I see the signatures on all the documents.

"Both sides were happy with what we finalized verbally."

The BBC reported that an official announcement could be made as early as Monday.

Ray Hatton did not say what weight the pair would fight at, although Hatton will likely move up to meet Mayweather, who won the 154-pound WBC super welterweight title against Oscar De La Hoya in May.

Ricky Hatton said he wanted to take on five-weight champion Mayweather (38-0, 24 KOs) after winning the 140-pound IBO light welterweight title last month with a knockout victory over Jose Luis Castillo.

Mayweather responded by saying he wanted the bout. He had announced his retirement from the ring after beating De La Hoya, but backtracked from a definitive decision shortly after.

UKfan
07-28-2007, 01:33 PM
Heh, already posted that about 3 posts up, but it's great news!

07-28-2007, 01:35 PM
:oops: Yea my fault I didn't see it.

BamaFalcon59
07-28-2007, 05:55 PM
Me and a friend can't agree on Rocky vs. Ali. In all seriousness we got pretty worked up.

07-29-2007, 11:42 AM
Me and a friend can't agree on Rocky vs. Ali. In all seriousness we got pretty worked up.

I think Ali would beat Rocky Marciano in a 12 RD or 15 RD decision.

BamaFalcon59
07-29-2007, 11:59 AM
I was talking Balboa. That's why we got worked up, because it's impossible to know. I know it sounds rediculous, but I just saw the Rocky series for the first time and was an adict.

hornybastard
07-29-2007, 05:03 PM
Wow the end of the year is gonna be a great time for Boxing. Taylor, Pac-Man, Mayweather, Hatton, etc. Wow I'm gonna have a big cable bill. LOL! (if there gonna be PPV)

M.O.T.H.
08-16-2007, 05:31 PM
This is news from a couple days ago but...

Felix Trinidad has agreed to come out of retirement to fight Roy Jones Jr. in January. Tito is back baby, woo!

bored of education
08-17-2007, 11:36 AM
After Pretty Boy mops the floor with Hatton and then mops the floor with the Cotto/Sugar Shane winner, then I'm guessing his legacy will be more than legitamized.

Rob S
08-18-2007, 08:50 AM
After Pretty Boy mops the floor with Hatton and then mops the floor with the Cotto/Sugar Shane winner, then I'm guessing his legacy will be more than legitamized.

not anywhere near best fighter ever like he claims to be. In Hatton he is taking an easy style matchup with a guy who fight a whole weight class below him........ Facts are that FMJ still has to fight at least 5 more years and needs to fight top competition to be considered for the top 20 all time. What all those men did has been special and amazing, FMJ is nowhere near there yet, sorry. Thats what he says he wants......then he better stop the talk of retiring because he needs to fight as long as he physically can do it at a top level.

Rob S
08-18-2007, 08:55 AM

actually he is right, his destruction of a prime chico is one of the finest performances in recent memory. Hattons biggest win was a grind it out affair against Tszyu. Also, FMJ beat a prime JLC TWICE, Hatton beat him once and when he was aging. Sorry, like Sean said, not even close.

Rob S
08-18-2007, 08:58 AM
This is news from a couple days ago but...

Felix Trinidad has agreed to come out of retirement to fight Roy Jones Jr. in January. Tito is back baby, woo!

He is going to lose tho imo. RJJ is way too big imo. However, MSG will be rocking for Tito!

UKfan
08-18-2007, 03:09 PM
Anyone catch Daniel Ponce de Leon vs Rey Bautista? Another first round win for Daniel, very good boxer.

Rob S
08-18-2007, 03:11 PM
Anyone catch Daniel Ponce de Leon vs Rey Bautista? Another first round win for Daniel, very good boxer.

yeah, altho boxer isnt the way to describe him haha. Not a dig at u UK, just pointing out the fact that he is a pure power puncher who swings for the fences, I love Ponce.

UKfan
08-18-2007, 03:25 PM
yeah, altho boxer isnt the way to describe him haha. Not a dig at u UK, just pointing out the fact that he is a pure power puncher who swings for the fences, I love Ponce.

Very true, I normally use fighter for MMA and boxer for pure boxing lol, but you're right, Ponce is very exciting.

Rob S
08-18-2007, 04:14 PM
Very true, I normally use fighter for MMA and boxer for pure boxing lol, but you're right, Ponce is very exciting.

yes i know, i do the same sometimes :) Ponce is the man tho, maybe the hardest puncher p4p right now

kwilk103
08-19-2007, 01:14 AM
some big fights comin up

mosley-cotto
mayweather-hatton
trinidad-roy jones

YAYareaRB
08-19-2007, 03:25 AM
trinidad-roy jones

Lookin forward to this..

V. Young
08-21-2007, 01:07 PM
Dude floyd needs to fight and not runaway and maybe Ill consider liking him or agreeing that he actually is good. He was afraid of oscar. I mean come on show some respect and fight with him.

Cicero
06-13-2009, 09:38 PM
Bringing it back from the dead. Cotto vs Clottey time.

Cicero
06-13-2009, 10:42 PM
My scorecard through 10

1. 10-8 Cotto
2. 10-10
3. 10-9 Cotto
4. 10-9 Clottey
5. 10-9 Clottey
6. 10-9 Cotto
7. 10-9 Clottey
8. 10-9 Clottey
9. 10-9 Clottey
10. 10-9 Cotto

Rob S
06-13-2009, 11:14 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cotto has the biggest balls ever. Jesus Christ. That was awesome.

How do you not LOVE Miguel Cotto?

BTW, sucks for Clottey because he did win the fight as a whole, got screwed by the round-by-round scoring system. He is a damn good fighter and will get another chance. But, this was Cotto's night, I dont see how anyone can still hate on this guy.

Didnt score the fight (and if I did it would have been biased), but I will tomorrow morning. I feel like it was close and could have went either way. The 116-111 was a terrible score tho, absolutely inexcusable.

Cicero
06-13-2009, 11:17 PM
I scored the second to last round a tie, and the last round for Cotto so I had him winning 115-114. I doubt Clottey's knee was 100% and obviously Cotto's eye was bother him so I would really like to see a rematch, but preferably in a neutral location this time.

Rob S
06-13-2009, 11:24 PM
No way Clottey is getting a rematch. Makes no sense for Cotto to take that fight. I would like to see it as a boxing fan, but I would be shocked.

Btw, I think Clottey's knee was pretty close to fine. He may have felt it for 1 or 2 rounds, but he didnt fight any different than he usually does. And he was ripping that right hand in 7/8/9, so I dont buy the knee outside of a few rounds. That cut, however, was just about the worst I have ever seen someone fight with for such a long time. Not being able to see right hands SUCKS for one round (let alone NINE), and Cotto not only survived, but pulled out the win. Thats why I love him, that why he is my favorite fighter.

yourfavestoner
09-03-2010, 03:08 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=5527403

Jesus Christ, Floyd.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
09-03-2010, 03:15 PM
Haha yesss Floyd. I hope this fight happens.

Rob S
09-03-2010, 03:20 PM
He is so damn stupid.

MetSox17
09-03-2010, 03:22 PM
LMAO. tenchar
Once I stomp the midget, I'll make that mother f----- make me a sushi roll and cook me some rice."

yourfavestoner
09-03-2010, 03:27 PM
The funniest part is where he says that Manny can't speak English.

Floyd: You cannot speak English.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-03-2010, 03:29 PM
Seems to wanna talk about anything other than signing the contract. bleh. Anyways I do worry about Manny even against Margs. I heard that since being elected Mayor he hasn't really been training much at all and is noticeably weaker in sparring sessions.

MetSox17
09-03-2010, 03:32 PM
If Pacquiao beats one more Mexican fighter i'm gonna kill myself.

MetSox17
09-03-2010, 03:36 PM
Oh god, this is pure gold.

That mother f----- Pacquiao, he can't speak no English. He never seen a contract he didn't like.

And then this mother f------ with Nike only got 70 Gs. How stupid can a mother f----- be? Reebok gave me a million dollars for three weeks. I wore Reebok s--- for a week for a million dollars. ... This mother f------'s name is Emmanuel.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-04-2010, 03:17 PM
What a pssy, he offered an apology today. C'mon man, if you are gonna trash talk do it like Chael Sonnen, no apologies no regrets. I love how Floyd said he wants to apologize to those who interpreted his comments as being racist. For sht sakes he said:

Once I stomp the midget, Ill make that [expletive] make me a sushi roll and cook me some rice. Im going to cook that [expletive] with cats and dogs. Have some rice with a little barbecue dog.

Why is he playing the whole apologetic card to those who may have interpreted him as racist, he is racist and should be proud of it and embrace his smack talking. If you are gonna talk sht than talk sht. Don't try to play both sides. Be a man.

Rob S
09-05-2010, 08:54 AM
Yeah he is pretty much a complete ass. He is also culturally ignorant as sushi would be Japanese. Wrong archipelago.

Nalej
09-05-2010, 10:29 AM
I hope PacMan destroys Marg. Cheating ******.

Hollywood
09-05-2010, 10:49 AM
I was talking Balboa. That's why we got worked up, because it's impossible to know. I know it sounds rediculous, but I just saw the Rocky series for the first time and was an adict.

Apollo Creed is Muhammad Ali, so I think that is what would happen in a fight.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-10-2010, 03:58 PM
Thoughts on Pac vs Margarito on Saturday? I just have a strange feeling that Margs is gonna make it a tough fight. I know the speed of Pac could very well dominate the fight for him but I think Margs natural size and mauling style could give Pacman problems. If Margarito fights the way he did against Cotto I think Manny could get beat around, although lets see how hard he hits without cheating, lol. I know all this talk of Manny not training hard since he was elected congressman is probably just hype for the fight or an excuse for if he loses, but I really think stylistically this could be tough on him. He will probably win like 7 or 8 of the rounds because of his speed but I think this will be the biggest beating he'll take.

Cicero
11-13-2010, 10:31 PM
Pacquiao camp trying to request prefight urine test on Margarito. Could be one of those nights. #boxing #PacMarg

11-13-2010, 10:37 PM
Margarito should say his spiritual beliefs prohibit him from peeing right before a fight.

Cicero
11-13-2010, 11:09 PM
Margarito really got hurt by those two liver shots!

McGahee
11-13-2010, 11:14 PM
I hope Manny finishes him

Cicero
11-13-2010, 11:23 PM
This fight is all Manny.

T-RICH49
11-13-2010, 11:26 PM
I say Pac Man 10th round KO

Cicero
11-13-2010, 11:34 PM
He's gonna go down! Aww not enough time.

Complex
11-14-2010, 12:00 AM
Manny could of killed Margarito, I started to feel bad for Margarito at the end.

fenikz
11-14-2010, 12:03 AM
This is why I like MMA more than Boxing, the ref honestly put Margarito life in danger, should of been called in the 8th or so, just because a fighter wants to keep going doesn't mean you have to let him

also lost me $15

SeanTaylorRIP
11-14-2010, 12:25 AM
This might actually be the time for Floyd to step up. Manny has been fighting bigger guys and actually testing their power and letting them brawl with him that I think a fighter like Floyd will be one hell of an adjustment for him to make.

Rob S
11-14-2010, 12:29 AM
I still don't like MMA more than boxing, but I agree, Fenikz. Disgusting to me that wasn't stopped.

That's a big problem in boxing right now. Same thing happened in the Cotto-Pac fight and a number of others.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-14-2010, 12:33 AM
Yeah it was horrible, luckily Pacman didn't care about getting a KO and carried him the last 4 rounds because if Pacman went for the KO Margs could have been fcked real bad.

Cicero
11-15-2010, 04:05 AM
At some point, your corner needs to know when to throw in the towel too.

Rob S
11-15-2010, 11:54 AM
At some point, your corner needs to know when to throw in the towel too.

Yeah, Mexicans don't really believe in that though and there is something to be said for going out on your shield regardless of cultural implications. The doctors and referees bear most of the blame imo.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-15-2010, 11:56 AM
There was no way he could see out of that right eye and even his left eye was starting to swell up the doctors should have stopped it. I'm fairly certain that if Pacman kept circling left he he could have hit him with punches all day that he couldn't see. Still though I know his stock has been down but I kind of expected more fight out of Margs especially being so much damn bigger, it almost seemed at times like Pacman was letting himself get against the ropes trying to brawl with him and test his power and take some punches.

Nalej
11-15-2010, 03:37 PM
Yea, the fight should have been stopped but I have no problem with them letting him go as long as he still had his hands up, throwing punches and could see.
While he could barely see... he could see well enough (How many fingers do I have up?), he could see.

Good fight. A KO would have been nice but it was an easy dominating fight for PacMan.

Cotto fight Dec 4th. Opponent yet to be picked though.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-15-2010, 04:24 PM
I honestly hope that some of these Pac vs Paul Williams or Martinez rumors are just smoke. As great as Pac is he's 144 pounds in a 130 pound body. Even against Marg the size difference was noticable and posed problems. Williams or Martinez IMO would just be unfair but who knows. I think Pac is kind of stuck with limited opponents especially if he never fights Floyd. With that said he probably only has 2-4 fights left in him max especially since I hear he's eying presidency soon. He's kind of in a situation in which he's been fighting bigger slower guys that at this point in his career I can't see him going back down to say 140 and fighting a young gun like Tim Bradley or Devon Alexander. I think Pac's opponents beyond Mayweather are limited to a rematch with Cotto, and then maybe Shane Mosely. I know lots of people want to see Andre Berto in there with him but I don't think Berto has proven to be worthy of a top flight fight like this. Maybe Pac vs Marquez III could happen but it would have to be at WW, but Marquez looked so poor against Floyd at 147 even body and conditioning wise.

Rob S
11-15-2010, 07:03 PM
I honestly hope that some of these Pac vs Paul Williams or Martinez rumors are just smoke. As great as Pac is he's 144 pounds in a 130 pound body. Even against Marg the size difference was noticable and posed problems. Williams or Martinez IMO would just be unfair but who knows. I think Pac is kind of stuck with limited opponents especially if he never fights Floyd. With that said he probably only has 2-4 fights left in him max especially since I hear he's eying presidency soon. He's kind of in a situation in which he's been fighting bigger slower guys that at this point in his career I can't see him going back down to say 140 and fighting a young gun like Tim Bradley or Devon Alexander. I think Pac's opponents beyond Mayweather are limited to a rematch with Cotto, and then maybe Shane Mosely. I know lots of people want to see Andre Berto in there with him but I don't think Berto has proven to be worthy of a top flight fight like this. Maybe Pac vs Marquez III could happen but it would have to be at WW, but Marquez looked so poor against Floyd at 147 even body and conditioning wise.

I don't think Roach lets him go below 147 again. That said, I dont want to see a Cotto rematch or a fight with Shane. I guess Berto is somewhat more interesting although he will probably get smoked inside of 3 rounds. Marquez again I am def. interested in, not at 147 though.

Assuming he wont go to 140, there are really no matches I would rather see than him vs Paul Williams or Sergio Martinez. I think he is a sizable dog in each fight, but why not at this point? I don't think he would get seriously hurt as neither is a huge puncher and if he does it he just may be the greatest fighter of all time. I kinda want to see him take on the winner and make a run at all time greatest.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-15-2010, 07:18 PM
It's tough Martinez is the better and tougher fighter for Pac, but Paul is freakishly big. Both pose equally difficult threats but hell yeah I'd love to see it, just not sure he'd do it. I almost feel like it's Floyd or bust. Any other fight would be a hand picked resume stuffer.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-18-2010, 12:45 PM
Good God, Bernard Hopkins just reached a new level of stupidity:
"Floyd Mayweather would beat Manny Pacquiao because the styles that African-American fighters -- and I mean, black fighters from the streets or the inner cities -- would be successful," said Hopkins, according to Fanhouse.com. "I think Floyd Mayweather would pot-shot Pacquiao and bust him up in between the four-to-five punches that Pacquiao throws and then set him up later on down the line."

Pacquaio fought and defeated Joshua Clottey of Ghana earlier this year, but Hopkins discounted that win, saying "Clottey is 'black,' but not a 'black boxer' from the states with a slick style."

Hopkins -- who said he's voicing what other black fighters and fight fans are thinking but reluctant to say -- is wondering why Pacquaio hasn't fought Mayweather "or any other top-notch black fighter," according to the report.

So Hopkins is saying Manny won't fight black fighters. WTF is that all about. Haha and then he says that Clottey is black but not a black fighter. This is some of the most senseless stuff I've ever heard. I mean Floyd and Mosely are really the only black fighters who are possible opponents for him so to accuse someone of dodging black fighters when there are only 2 is ridiculous. Also while Floyd is one of the most gifted boxers I've ever seen, I don't see any "inner city fighting style" in him. Hopkins could have easily made this about how Pac wouldnt' be able to fight a mobile technician like Floyd, instead he makes it about race, what an idiot.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=5820908

11-18-2010, 01:07 PM
Yeah when I think inner city boxing style, I think a Joe Frazier type. Tough as nails and just continually coming at you, not stopping until he physically can't get up anymore. That's not Floyd at all. Floyd waits for you to come to him and picks you apart. Floyd is a pure boxer, not a brawler type that "inner city from the streets" suggests to me. Hell, Manny is more of that than Floyd is.

MetSox17
11-18-2010, 01:18 PM
LOL at the Hopkins comments. What a dumbass, Floyd is about as gangsta as i am.

Cicero
11-20-2010, 09:35 PM
Paul Williams vs. Sergio Martinez II tonight.

Cicero
11-20-2010, 10:26 PM
Holy ****!!! Paul Williams got knocked out cold in one punch!

SeanTaylorRIP
11-20-2010, 10:37 PM
Holy ****!!! Paul Williams got knocked out cold in one punch!

Damn 2nd round KO, glad I ordered UFC 123 instead, still I'll have to find a clip of it. I had Martinez winning, but I thought gridning out a late round TKO or decision, but damn. No way Pac can handle Martinez with his size.

nepg
11-21-2010, 12:11 AM
ktfo
8eW18iAnT_I

SeanTaylorRIP
12-21-2010, 10:06 PM
Apparentely Mosely and Pac on May 7 has been agreed upon.

Nalej
12-21-2010, 11:17 PM
I guess I'll be watching that too. Every Pacq fight is worth watching.
Wish it was against Mayweather though. Maybe he should stop beating up bouncers and security guards and fight Manny!

SeanTaylorRIP
12-22-2010, 06:45 AM
Yeah I know Floyd was out because of his legal problems but my dream was for Martinez even though that's probably way too big for him or at least something more exciting like Berto. This fight has a chance to be another lopsided fest the only difference being he won't drop Sugar shane and Shane has a chance with his power at any moment. Should keep us watching since he can hurt Manny so we'll see. At the very least it will be much better than the Clottey fight.

MetSox17
01-22-2011, 11:05 PM
Just retire already, Holyfield. Although you gotta give the man props, he's still built like a beast at 48 years old.

Nalej
03-12-2011, 01:13 PM
Cotto/Mayorga tonight. Anyone else watching it? This guy is.

Nalej
03-13-2011, 12:08 AM
Cotto/Mayorga was an entertaining fight.
Went all the way to the 12th round and there weren't many boring rounds.
Mayorga tried his antics but Cotto kept his cool.
Mayo ended up breaking his hand, it looked like but he didn't hit anything right before it happened. Weird.

Tommy Z (Ravens safety/ex-ND) won by a KO in the 1st round.
Knocked the dude out... he got back up and said he was okay but the ref stopped the fight.
Also weird.

Paw ended up putting a whooping on Y.Foreman. Wasn't a fair fight.
Why Foreman took this fight after repairing his ACL, I don't know.

Overall, a pretty good fight night.

AntoinCD
04-18-2011, 05:43 AM
Went to my first proper boxing fight at the weekend watching Amir Khan and Paul McCloskey. Disgusted by the stoppage even though Khan was winning comfortably. For value's worth probably the most exciting thing Ive ever been to despite it not being the best fight ever. One thing though, if Khan fights like that against Bradley he'll get beaten badly

bored of education
09-11-2012, 09:43 PM
Shoot, Rob S. We talked about it before somewhere. I picked Andre Ward to win it!

MetSox17
09-15-2012, 08:15 PM
Anyone have a link to tonight's full card?

bored of education
09-15-2012, 09:57 PM
firstrowsports bro

I think Sergio wins but wouldnt be shocked if JCC Jr pulls out a victory.

jballa838
09-15-2012, 11:25 PM
Chavez went nuts that last round. Wow...

bored of education
09-16-2012, 09:58 AM
That was crazy. I was pissed the last 43 seconds he didnt land as much or it was going to be game set match. Too little too late.

bored of education
09-16-2012, 10:01 AM
Canelo is a beast btw

AntoinCD
11-24-2012, 05:11 PM
Well Ricky Hatton's comeback went well.

I really didn't understand why he came back. He wouldn't be able to go with guys like Bradley or Garcia and even lesser guys like Maidan, Khan, Brook etc would all beat him.

Helluva shot he took though, very reminiscent of the punch he beat Kosta Tszyu with

Rob S
11-25-2012, 02:09 AM
Nobody cares about Ricky hatton anymore anyway. Roberto Guerrero is the boss of the night. I'd love to see him fight Floyd.

themaninblack
11-26-2012, 02:00 PM
Really excited for Pac-JMM 4 as it is always pretty darn entertaining. So help me if they declare it a draw/make the wrong decision again. Hopefully Pac is on his game this time but I also hope it goes the distance yet again.

Wootylicous
12-02-2012, 07:37 AM
Cotto got smacked

I'm also excited for the Pac-Marquez rematch. I hope Marquez gets to win this one.

themaninblack
12-08-2012, 11:54 PM
Holy **** Pacquiao got knocked the **** out! Soon as I turned on my stream he gets smashed and falls like a sack of taters. Wow.

Nalej
12-09-2012, 12:17 AM
Yeah, that was amazing. I thought Pac was dominating at the moment. Crazy how that doesn't matter in boxing.

5?

themaninblack
12-09-2012, 12:27 AM
I would think it's almost a certainty they fight again.

jayceheathman
12-09-2012, 12:30 AM
Trout vs pac man now? :)

nepg
12-09-2012, 12:32 AM
Yeah, that was amazing. I thought Pac was dominating at the moment. Crazy how that doesn't matter in boxing.

5?
He made a really awful mistake. Not that it was ever going to happen anyway, but the Mayweather fight is officially gone.

JMM-Pac 5 is going to happen again because boxing is so bad they don't have anything else to sell.

MetSox17
12-09-2012, 04:13 AM
juan manuel marquez hijos de putas!!!

Nalej
12-09-2012, 08:16 AM
I'm waiting for Floyd to make some public comments dissing Pac Man.

Bert Macklin
12-09-2012, 09:08 AM
https://twitpic.com/show/large/bkdht1

MetSox17
12-09-2012, 12:21 PM
Dropped him like a sack of potatos.

Wootylicous
12-11-2012, 03:17 PM
Arturo Thunder Gatti got into the boxing HOF. Well deserved...I loved him so damn much back in the days.

SuperMcGee
12-11-2012, 03:28 PM
Arturo Thunder Gatti got into the boxing HOF. Well deserved...I loved him so damn much back in the days.

Can't disagree, had to be one of my favorites. I usually like to drive up to Canastota for the induction ceremonies. Missed it this past year for Hearns and Roach, though. Can't imagine that it was the same without Bert Sugar.

MetSox17
12-14-2012, 06:47 PM
twitter says Mayweather v. Canelo on May 4th.

Nalej
12-14-2012, 08:13 PM
That's a fight I'd like to see

themaninblack
12-16-2012, 05:00 AM
Ya I would definitely pay to see that one.

nepg
09-09-2013, 02:40 PM
I'm actually going to watch Canelo-Mayweather. Could very well be the end for Floyd. Canelo is super dangerous.

MetSox17
09-09-2013, 02:50 PM
Canelo is dangerous but his fight against Trout left me worried about his stamina. Haven't been reading much about what his strategy is gonna be going in against Floyd, but if he makes it a technical, 12 round pick your spots type of fight, he's gonna get dominated. I'm rooting for Canelo 10000000%, but i have a feeling he's gonna get picked apart by Floyd.

BamaFalcon59
09-09-2013, 03:17 PM
Floyd all day.

Raiderz4Life
09-09-2013, 03:42 PM
Nothing would make me happier than Floyd getting wrecked but I don't see it happening. Please Canelo....make me happy

Rob S
09-09-2013, 06:31 PM
Floyd 8 rounds to 4. Easy work.

Rob S
09-14-2013, 08:56 PM
Thank God Cano got the nod there....would've broke something if Theophane pulled out a BS decision.

SuperMcGee
09-14-2013, 10:27 PM
That one had to be Cano. The Ishe fight was pretty dull, didn't really care who took that split.

yo123
09-14-2013, 10:27 PM
If someone finds a stream that stays up for Canelo/Mayweather send me a pm pls. Apparently Showtime hired an army to take down links once the main event starts.

bantx
09-14-2013, 11:17 PM
pm me also please

yo123
09-14-2013, 11:28 PM
Man get Bieber the **** out of here.

bantx
09-14-2013, 11:29 PM
i dont even understand lil wayne

Brodeur
09-14-2013, 11:29 PM
This entrance is hilarious.

yo123
09-14-2013, 11:31 PM
It was even funnier if you're watching the British feed. They were so confused.

Brodeur
09-14-2013, 11:32 PM
I have been, sir Kyle.

yo123
09-14-2013, 11:34 PM
They introduced LL Cool J as "guy from the music industry."

I'm so happy I didn't pay for PPV, this is so much better.

bantx
09-14-2013, 11:39 PM
my streams lag :C

Brodeur
09-14-2013, 11:40 PM
You're a design guy, bantx. You should know computers better.

bantx
09-14-2013, 11:43 PM
I can't control slow streams!

Brodeur
09-14-2013, 11:45 PM
You should be able to find sites! You're worse than the IT guys at my job who only use internet explorer.

yo123
09-14-2013, 11:48 PM
The first link on firstrow has been working fine for me. Showtime either wasted a bunch of money hiring people to take the links down or it was all a bluff.

bantx
09-14-2013, 11:51 PM
i found one screw you! Round 4 was a nice one

Brodeur
09-15-2013, 12:01 AM
Why do I keep forgetting how underwhelming Floyd fights are?

yo123
09-15-2013, 12:02 AM
Yeah this is over.

yo123
09-15-2013, 12:26 AM
Someone scored that a draw? WTF?

SeanTaylorRIP
09-15-2013, 12:27 AM
Someone scored that a draw? WTF?

Same judge who scored Bradley over Pac.

nepg
09-15-2013, 12:29 AM
I missed the first 4 rounds, but had the last 8 78-74, Floyd.

Rob S
09-15-2013, 12:32 AM
Boxing judges are the worst. I had it 120-109.

bantx
09-15-2013, 12:35 AM
that judge needs to retire

nepg
09-15-2013, 12:36 AM
This is the cleanest I've ever seen two guys look after a decent 12-round fight. Canelo had a little bit of a mark left of his left eye, but that's it for either.

Rob S
09-15-2013, 12:38 AM
I guess I'd like to see Danny Garcia vs. Floyd. meh.

nepg
09-15-2013, 12:58 AM
I guess I'd like to see Danny Garcia vs. Floyd. meh.
What's the point? There really isn't a fight left for him. Canelo was the last one worth doing.

The British commentators talked about him fighting Khan at Wembley Stadium... I guess there's money in that even if there isn't much of a challenge.

Rob S
09-15-2013, 01:08 AM
Amir Khan has no chin. I'd much rather see Danny Garcia. He deserves the fight and the payday. Sergio Martinez would get down to 154 for the payday, but Floyd won't fight him.

Rob S
09-15-2013, 01:13 AM
If only GGG could somehow get to 154 :(

MetSox17
09-15-2013, 12:32 PM
I knew it would end like this, but god it's so frustrating watching Floyd fight.

SuperPacker
11-23-2013, 05:34 PM
anyone just see that? ridiculous.

Brodeur
11-23-2013, 09:22 PM
Go to bed, SP.

BamaFalcon59
05-03-2014, 03:03 PM
When does the undercard start? I know the main event is 1030

SeanTaylorRIP
05-03-2014, 09:55 PM
Adrien Broner is such a tool. He is so unimpressive to me.

josh07039
05-03-2014, 10:12 PM
I somewhat understand the appeal of buying a mayweather fight. He's undefeated and history has shown that can be the one where a guy shows up and looks old so you could be seeing a massive upset. However, why is that compelling to people. If the only way he is gonna lose if he suddenly slows down and look old, why is that something that is worth paying for? With this fight especially, I just don't get the appeal.

nepg
05-03-2014, 10:29 PM
Because there's still a market for boxing, but there are two boxers worth watching.

josh07039
05-03-2014, 10:43 PM
Yeah I suppose its lack of choice. Who else is a boxing fan gonna pay to see?

bantx
05-03-2014, 11:18 PM
i just want to slap justin bieber

Brodeur
05-03-2014, 11:23 PM
Beebz is the best.

Jcn92
05-03-2014, 11:25 PM
Adrien Broner is such a tool. He is so unimpressive to me.

I can't recall a boxer who was so cocky with so little to be cocky about. I mean your fight went the distance and you were third on the card. Plus he's a genuine ass hol. Floyd is almost always respectful to the other fighter after the fight.

bantx
05-03-2014, 11:41 PM
mayweather is bloody ruh roh

josh07039
05-04-2014, 12:17 AM
There were many times when i got the sense that Floyd allowed himself to be put on the ropes. Maybe that's because Floyd always looks so dominant and in control and I was just surprised. There were some stretches in the fight where he was easily keeping the fight in the center of the ring and circling away. But then sometimes he just back himself up. Wild fight.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-04-2014, 12:19 AM
Very dangerous for Floyd, a little more output in the middle rounds and Maidana won that.

Brodeur
05-04-2014, 12:21 AM
Mayweather knew what he was doing. I thought he won the last 6-7 rounds pretty easily...Maidana just started throwing wild punches at the end.

pierce2walker
05-04-2014, 12:39 AM
Mayweather definitely looked in control the latter half of the fight. Entertaining fight nonetheless.

nepg
05-19-2014, 11:28 PM
Mayweather's next fight set for Sept. 13th. Probably Amir Khan *yawn*

SeanTaylorRIP
05-20-2014, 05:36 AM
Seems like Floyd's next 3 if not final 3 fights will be Khan, Maidana 2, and maybe just maybe Danny Garcia. So yep that''s it.

Rob S
05-20-2014, 06:31 AM
Yup. Floyd has had an amazing career, but he's killed any chance of being in that super elite tier by not fighting the best of the best. 2003 - 2006 was a complete crapfest and there were great fights to be made.

AntoinCD
05-20-2014, 08:07 AM
The next fight won't be Khan as he has already stated it is too soon after Ramadan to get into proper shape. My guess is it will either be a rematch with Maidana or a fight against Danny Garcia with Khan fighting him afterwards, maybe next April.

Rob S
05-20-2014, 08:16 AM
Yeah, won't be Khan next. I'd guess that the rematch with Maidana gets done. My dream fight at the moment is Mayweather - GGG at 154.