PDA

View Full Version : 4/9 - Mock Draft Updated!

Scott Wright
04-09-2010, 05:04 AM
I just posted a new mock draft!

2010 Mock Draft - v.9.0
http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

This will most likely be the last update before the Final Mock on April 22, a.k.a. Draft Day.

As always constructive criticism is not only welcomed but encouraged. However, please be sure to explain the reasoning behind your opinions just like I do in the mock or risk being infracted.

Let's keep this thread fun and informative!

Now... FIRE AWAY! :)

Addict
04-09-2010, 05:42 AM
Looks fantastic Scott, I would be very happy if the Lions ended up with McCoy and McCourtney (it's a McMockdraft for the lions!). But with all the talk about an LT, if Saffold is there when our second rounder comes 'round, wouldn't it make sense to take him?

AntoinCD
04-09-2010, 05:53 AM
Nice Patriots draft. I think BB will have a hard time passing up Odrick in the first but Gresham is definitely a possibility. I would maybe prefer a combination of Sapp, Best and Wootten rather than Alualu, Sapp and Gilyard as well

Incogneetus69
04-09-2010, 06:00 AM
Scott do you think Damiam Williams has return potential? B/C otherwise the Cowboys wont take him. I think the Boys would rather McCluster

And I think Mays is a real bad fit. We have a SS, we are looking for a better ball hawk at FS. I know Mays was playing a unique position which hurt his stock but the fact he will have to be taught from scratch how to track the ball is not enticing to the Cowboys IMO.

And the Cowboys dont get OL depth in the 1st 2 picks? Isnt there a huge dropoff after Saffold/Ducasse. I dont think they can risk not getting an OL before those 2 go. I dont think theyd take Chucky Brown b/c hes a LT only and theyre giving that to Doug Free. A versatile guy would be preferred.

They wont take Odrick unless they have a trade for Spears. They have a few DL but no depth on the OL. Which was inconsistent at best last year and might be worse this year since theyre all a year older. And Romo makes them look better than they are w/ his scrambling

Ill believe Dez to Miami when I see it. If Parcells still has any voice in the war room it wont happen. Look for them to trade out of that spot

Have you heard something on Spikes? Real big jump for him this time around

Good stuff

TitanHope
04-09-2010, 06:07 AM
Probably one of the best Titans explanations I've ever read from ya. Excellent job!

I'd say assuming that's how the first 15 picks play out, that the JPP selection would turn out to be a very accurate one. Never know with the Titans though. They like to throw curveballs and give me heart attacks, lol.

Incogneetus69
04-09-2010, 06:14 AM
Probably one of the best Titans explanations I've ever read from ya. Excellent job!

I'd say assuming that's how the first 15 picks play out, that the JPP selection would turn out to be a very accurate one. Never know with the Titans though. They like to throw curveballs and give me heart attacks, lol.

How willing would the Titans be to moving down to 27? B/C I think the Cowboys want to go hard after Earl Thomas.

Timbathia
04-09-2010, 06:30 AM
There are multiple combinations of players that the Broncos should be happy with, and this is definitely one of them.

CJSchneider
04-09-2010, 07:16 AM
If N.O. gets lucky enough to have Spoon fall to us, I may just wet myself. Great mock for the Saints.

wicket
04-09-2010, 07:45 AM
suprised to see the ravens not taking a corner in the first two round, LOVE the saints picks though

georgiafan
04-09-2010, 07:53 AM
cant go wrong with any DE for the falcons

princefielder28
04-09-2010, 08:03 AM
If the Packers take Jerome Murphy, I will be so mad, but I could live with Hughes.

Razor
04-09-2010, 08:04 AM
Nice Patriots draft. I think BB will have a hard time passing up Odrick in the first but Gresham is definitely a possibility. I would maybe prefer a combination of Sapp, Best and Wootten rather than Alualu, Sapp and Gilyard as well

I was just about to post something similar. I like the Patriots draft, but I don't love it.

RWills
04-09-2010, 08:08 AM

My last pats mock is almost the same, I had both Gresham, Alualu and Sapp going to the Pats.

We need Gresham, our red zone offense sucked last year, he is that physical freak who played big in big games in the red zone. Crumpler will be an amazing mentor to him.

Alualu screams Pat's player to me, smart with non-stop desire and motor.

Sapp scares me but the talent and size is there (Watch for Koa Misi)

The one guy in round 2 I am crossing my fingers for is Dexter McCluster, another guy who screams Pats would be Faulk's replacement, can also split out for mismatches.

I have a feeling Odrick is going top 15 between Cleveland, Denver, Miami and Pittsburgh, true 5-techs are rare to find, look at Tyson Jackson

nepg
04-09-2010, 08:16 AM
New England has serious issues at the position.

Really disagree. The Pats don't even use TEs that much. Watson was never written into the gameplan, and they really never took advantage of his physical and athletic abilities they way they should/could have. Ditto for Graham. They took a Ben Coates-type of all-around TE with great versatility and just turned him into a 3rd OT.

The Pats are probably best off just leaving the TE position well-enough alone. I have no idea why they pay so much attention to it when they don't even utilize the talent they acquire. A guy like Gresham would be a waste of a premium pick in a great draft for them. Demaryus Thomas makes more sense with Moss a free agent next year, and the big need for an outside receiver opposite Randy anyway... Edelman has already shown he can take Welker's spot (but can't play the outside), and they've Brandon Tate who could develop and is almost identical to Gilyard as a receiving/returning prospect.

DiG
04-09-2010, 08:20 AM
yay OL! surprised you didnt mention the idea of trading down in the Skins write up. I'd think its a definite possibility but id love Okung.

I feel like Dez, CJ, and Haden are all top 10 talent and I'd be somewhat surprised to see all 3 slip out of the top 10. Also with all the hype on Odrick recently I am surprised you have him falling so low still.

Most surprising pick though for me was Patrick Robinson over Kareem and McCourty.

nepg
04-09-2010, 08:22 AM
My last pats mock is almost the same, I had both Gresham, Alualu and Sapp going to the Pats.

We need Gresham, our red zone offense sucked last year, he is that physical freak who played big in big games in the red zone. Crumpler will be an amazing mentor to him.

Alualu screams Pat's player to me, smart with non-stop desire and motor.

Sapp scares me but the talent and size is there (Watch for Koa Misi)

The one guy in round 2 I am crossing my fingers for is Dexter McCluster, another guy who screams Pats would be Faulk's replacement, can also split out for mismatches.

I have a feeling Odrick is going top 15 between Cleveland, Denver, Miami and Pittsburgh, true 5-techs are rare to find, look at Tyson Jackson
I agree on McCluster. He's the perfect fit for them to eventually (soon) replace Kevin Faulk. They can use him in a jack-of-all-trades role while he bulks up to become a better pass blocker.

Crumpler's fine as the TE and should be able to find the back of the end zone in front of the goal post for the Pats' signature TE TD play. I just don't think they need to use premium resources on TEs if that's all they're going to do with them aside from having them as 3rd OTs.

The red zone offense was hurt more by a continued decline in the offensive line (Neal, Light, Koppen), and by not having a second outside receiving threat and an overall lack of depth at WR. Watson and Baker are perfect red zone targets, so I refuse to attribute their problems to the TE position (maybe the lack of use?).

prock
04-09-2010, 08:25 AM
Say it ain't so, Scott! Not Tebow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tebow won't be ready for at least 2 or 3 years, so bringing him in would not be his best situation. He could go somewhere else and sit for a few years, rather than just one. But then again, my hate for Tebow is so deep-seated and irrational that no matter what you say will still not make me feel better about taking him.

armageddon
04-09-2010, 08:27 AM
Don't like WR Benn in rd 2 for the Rams. Too many other needs. He's not a legit #1 and the Rams have plenty of #2's in Avery, Robinson and Gibson. I would rather see them look at front 7 with this pick.

TitanHope
04-09-2010, 08:52 AM
How willing would the Titans be to moving down to 27? B/C I think the Cowboys want to go hard after Earl Thomas.

More than willing, but it depends. The Titans haven't had a pick this high since 2006 when they took VY, so they'll have a chance at a much better player than they've normally have had access to. If they have a chance to land one of the top players of need, like a Morgan, Haden, or JPP, then I'd say they stay put and take whoever's available. If all are gone and they're not high enough on guys like Brandon Graham to pass up the additional picks, then I don't see how they pass up a fair offer. They have no 2nd RD pick, so acquiring additional picks would be quite enticing. The kicker is the gauntlet of teams that'd then be ahead of them that could take a pass-rusher (Falcons, Patriots, Packers, and even the Eagles and Ravens if the value is there), leaving them unable to address their biggest need in the 1st RD.

But since Mike Reinfeldt has become the Titans GM, I can't remember them trading down once - at least not in the early rounds. They're not afraid to reach on players either. Lots of Titans fans would be very happy with trading down though. We could take a guy like CB Kyle Wilson, DE Carlos Dunlap, DE Everson Griffen, or CB Devin McCourty at #27, and also pick up an additional 3rd or 4th RD pick to bolster the DEF or use as ammo to trade up. Either way, it'd be win/win.

ThePudge
04-09-2010, 09:09 AM
In recent years the Bengals have begun to approach the NFL Draft with a Raider-esque philosophy, taking chances on impressive physical specimens

Where does this come from? Andre Smith was no physical specimen, nor was Rey Maualuga. Typically the Bengals like established college players with the size to succeed. They're not one of the league's faster team, nor are they a team filled with world class athletes. Cincinnati coaches value versatility & talent, not a guy that has a 4.3 40 and a 40 inch vertical. If a 2nd Rounder in 08' on Jerome Simpson and a 3rd Round in 09' on Michael Johnson are your justification for the Raiders-esque statement then maybe you're starting to underrate Al Davis (which you don't seem to be doing with Bruce Campbell there in the Top 10.)

EndZoneDB
04-09-2010, 09:21 AM
I like the Mock Scott... one question though.

Do you think Polian could take Saffold over Charles Brown at #31? I heard that Polian likes the Big 10 guys on the line.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part, cause i think Charles Brown is a Better fit for the Bills as a pure LT.

Splat
04-09-2010, 09:26 AM
Bulaga again. *sigh*

I do like the second round for the Chiefs but reaching on a guy that could very well end up just being a RT in the NFL is a let down.

AkiliSmith
04-09-2010, 09:51 AM
I can dig those Bengal picks. I don't think Rey is going to replace Dhani this season though, probably next season when he is a free agent. Still a great pick and fills a need as a pass rushing linebacker.

Completely disagree though about Mays being the type of safety they want.

scottyboy
04-09-2010, 10:09 AM
let's be honest Scott, when you made that pick for the Giants, part of you had to think of how ecstatic I'd be haha. I obviously love Davis, but I'm not sold on Lee. Not a huge fan of his. What do you think of him?

K Train
04-09-2010, 10:25 AM
damn scott not high on earl thomas are you?

K Train
04-09-2010, 10:29 AM
im not big on misi in the second, love pouncey in the first. steelers ened a real center bad rather than a revolving door.

id rather scoop up spikes in the second ad gibson in the 3rd. also with the holmes fiasco they could look towards gilyard, williams, lafell in the second assuming theyve lost hope in sweed.

i agree though that the second is gonna be big with WR picks with 5-6

keylime_5
04-09-2010, 10:34 AM
here's hoping that KC and Seattle both pass on Berry in favor of Bulaga and Williams. If Berry goes to the Chiefs or Seahawks then we're SOL at #7 and will reach for a guy like Odrick or Thomas or Morgan who doesn't fit in a 3-4 that well.

I agree that we will take Colt McCoy at 38. The Browns seem to have identified him as their "guy" at QB in this draft and will do what they have to in order to go get him.

SenorGato
04-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Love getting McCluster...took him on a Jets' board full mock for us at 61 too...Odrick is a solid pick that I'm coming around on because I'm the only idiot insisting he's a 3rd rounder.

Captain Canuck
04-09-2010, 10:47 AM
Unreal Bills draft. Now all the Bills need in the 3rd is a trade up for Cam Thomas or a sit at their pick and take Terrell Troup.

yourfavestoner
04-09-2010, 10:58 AM

It's not just me, yay!

Matthew Jones
04-09-2010, 11:20 AM
Disappointed with New England passing on Odrick for Gresham. I'd rather grab Odrick in the first because in my opinion the drop-off in talent between him and Alualu is higher than the drop-off between Gresham and Gronkowski. Also, I think New England might have Damian Williams rated above Gilyard - Gilyard seems a little too similar to the types of guys New England already has.

Mr.Regular
04-09-2010, 11:30 AM
Scott! Ive been on the Bruce Campbell to the Raiders bandwagon for a while but then I was finally convinced by your reasoning that theyd probably prefer Anthony Davis.... now you switch on me!?

Oaktown1981
04-09-2010, 11:37 AM
Raiders won't draft Campbell

Raiders like physical OL-men Campbell isn't

coordinator0
04-09-2010, 11:45 AM
Whoa! Awesome Ravens picks. I've heard the Ravens are high on Thomas and he would definitely be a good pick IMO. Linval Joseph in the second is pretty great as well.

D-Unit
04-09-2010, 11:45 AM
Taylor Mays to Dallas and I didn't even pay Scott to do it. YEAH BABY!!! :D

scottyboy
04-09-2010, 11:46 AM
Taylor Mays to Dallas and I didn't even pay Scott to do it. YEAH BABY!!! :D

amen to that! Boss, Celek, Cooley and Fred Davis love it too!

FrankGore
04-09-2010, 11:56 AM
You seem pretty intent on sending Iupati to SF. I'm not saying it won't happen, but we are not going to entrust our right tackle position to a guy who, IF he can even play it, is going to take at least a year to polish his technique. If he comes to SF, it's as a guard. We can't risk struggling at the RT position again, that's the whole point of needing a guy this year.

I love the picks of Haden and Best though. :)

DeathbyStat
04-09-2010, 12:32 PM
AHHH I want the steelers to draft Earl Thomas

gpngc
04-09-2010, 12:36 PM
Disappointed with New England passing on Odrick for Gresham. I'd rather grab Odrick in the first because in my opinion the drop-off in talent between him and Alualu is higher than the drop-off between Gresham and Gronkowski. Also, I think New England might have Damian Williams rated above Gilyard - Gilyard seems a little too similar to the types of guys New England already has.

I don't the think the drop off between either is that high. But I do like Odrick more for the Pats.

Alualu is one of the most overlooked guys in the whole draft and the only thing that would stop Gronkowski from being one of the best TEs in the entire league in three years is injury. People forget about him because he didn't play last season but when he was on the field two years ago he was probably the best TE in college football and played like an elite TE prospect with an extremely bright NFL future.

LonghornsLegend
04-09-2010, 12:46 PM

I hope this is similiar to what plays out in real life. No way would we let Earl Thomas go 3 picks before us to Philly and settle for Mays. Thomas is a much better fit and the cost to move up to 22 or 23 is minor for what type of upgrade he would be.

Once he got to the 20's I'm pretty sure we'd be calling around trying to move up.

villagewarrior
04-09-2010, 12:48 PM
Bulaga again. *sigh*

I do like the second round for the Chiefs but reaching on a guy that could very well end up just being a RT in the NFL is a let down.

If the Chiefs take Bulaga (which they won't), I probably will start a Forest Gump-esque cross country run. If the Chiefs do go tackle in the 1st, they most definitely need to go defense with both 2nd round picks, even though I love the Tate pick. The Chiefs defense is atrocious, abysmal, it reeks of suckitude. Jerome freakin' Harrison! The Chiefs need Berry, McClain or trade down out of 5 for more picks. Adding to an offensive line that played much better with Charles in there and that was solidified with the signing of Lilja makes drafting Bulaga a complete waste.

I would love the 2nd round if the Chiefs went McClain in the 1st. If they go Berry, replace Allen with Joseph or Misi or Worilds and we're talking.

RaiderNation
04-09-2010, 01:05 PM
This is the type of draft I fear the raiders will do

49erNation85
04-09-2010, 01:07 PM
Love the 9ers pick except for Iupti. If he is the only value for when our 17th pick around fine,but hoping there are more value picks. Interesting place you have Tebow going.He could earn much from Favre if he stays for two more years.

keylime_5
04-09-2010, 01:12 PM
Tebow and Favre on the same team? They would have to have a new channel on TV called ESPN Minnesota.

wonderbredd24
04-09-2010, 01:17 PM
Absolutely love the Berry pick, but I do not like the pick of Colt McCoy.

Holmgren has never taken a QB in the early rounds of the draft. He either takes them in the mid-late rounds or trades for them. In addition to that, Colt McCoy's arm or lackthereof is a poor fit in the AFC North. He's guaranteed to have 11 games every season in outdoor, windy stadiums. Look at the rest of the division... Carson Palmer, Joe Flacco, and Ben Roethlisberger... big QBs with big arms. Colt McCoy's arm is not great and he's tiny. Plus, at least for the moment, there has been no movement towards a west coast offense. We're a power running team.

I would hope that the Browns would take Vladimir Ducasse if he's sitting there and improve our mediocre guard position... I'd absolutely love to see the Browns deal Steinbach and have Ducasse play LG between Joe Thomas and Alex Mack and then maybe in a couple years, Ducasse can kick out to right tackle when Pashos leaves or perhaps push Pashos inside to guard.

D-Unit
04-09-2010, 01:17 PM
amen to that! Boss, Celek, Cooley and Fred Davis love it too!
HAHAHA, do you really believe what you just said?

None of those slow ass TEs are gonna do anything against Mays. Like what? Are they gonna juke him out with their quick twitch movements? LMAO. Are they gonna out run him?? LMFAO. Are they gonna out muscle him physically??? ROTFLMFAO.

Please son. Don't follow the sheep of haters. They don't know what they are talking about.

wonderbredd24
04-09-2010, 01:19 PM

None of those slow ass TEs are gonna do anything against Mays. Like what? Are they gonna juke him out with their quick twitch movements? LMAO. Are they gonna out run him?? LMFAO. Are they gonna out muscle him physically??? ROTFLMFAO.

Please son. Don't follow the sheep of haters. They don't know what they are talking about.

Taylor Mays handles like a rusty shopping cart and has no instincts. I'll take those TEs over him all day long.

coordinator0
04-09-2010, 01:20 PM

I think Mays can do just fine covering (most) TE's as well. He'd actually be an interesting pick for the Ravens if we went that route.

K Train
04-09-2010, 01:23 PM
Tebow and Favre on the same team? They would have to have a new channel on TV called ESPN Minnesota.

lol i laughed out loud at work at that

Addict
04-09-2010, 01:26 PM

ESPN Brim Favbow

JRTPlaya21
04-09-2010, 01:28 PM
Yay Okung to the Redskins!!! All is right in the world :).

Prowler
04-09-2010, 01:28 PM
good, i'd take mccourty over patrick robinson any day.

Addict
04-09-2010, 01:36 PM
if the Lions were to take McCluster in the third that'd be awesome. We'd have ourselves a McDraft.

parcells
04-09-2010, 01:42 PM
Dan Williams and Ryan Mathews to the Chargers. One can only dream.

D-Unit
04-09-2010, 01:42 PM
Taylor Mays handles like a rusty shopping cart and has no instincts. I'll take those TEs over him all day long.
Makes me wonder if you even saw him play before.

Prowler
04-09-2010, 01:43 PM
i've seen some pretty impressive shopping carts

thetedginnshow
04-09-2010, 01:56 PM
Did anyone else stop and stare at that iPad ad because of the newscaster?

But anyway, though I think Odrick will be long gone by that time and I don't particularly care for him, it'd be a solid enough pick. I really like the McCluster selection though. I think he'd be perfect.

eaglesalltheway
04-09-2010, 02:04 PM
I have to say I like it, for the most part. I like Wooton, but I'm not sure if DE is seen as that big of a need right now for the Eagles. I believe with the needs in the secondary, OL, and LB corp, and with the acquisition of Tapp, the Eagles may hold off on a DE until later. And whenever the Eagles do address DE, I expect it will be more of a pass rushing DE, as the only real elite pass rushing threat is Trent Cole. Wooton, though I can see potential as a good pass rusher, is a similar player to what we have in Abiamiri and now Tapp, which is why I think the Eagles will look for a DE who is more of a pass rusher, whenever they decide is the right time to address the position. I think in the situation you have here, the Eagles may be looking OL here, perhaps with Roger Saffold or Asamoah, though I feel Asamoah would be more likely because we need an more powerful interior linemen, and he fits the Eagles scheme better.

I like the Washington pick (concidentally the Eagles got it through Washington, lol) a lot. The LB corp has needed to be addressed for a while, and like you spoke about in your mock, the Eagles have shown a reluctance to spend a high pick on LB in their recent history. But in recent year, particularly with RB last year, they have shown they are willing to break off a bit from their usual way of doing things if the need is big enough, and I, like you, feel it is. I have been saying the Eagles will draft a LB in round two for a while now, and I think it is very possible. Washington is a great pick that would be a great fit at WLB for us. I really do like the pick.

The Earl Thomas pick is just about ideal, I personally thin CB is the Eagles biggest need, but Thomas is too good to pass up and FS is a position that I see as a big need. He can play CB, as you said, but honestly, all three current FSs on the Eagles roster have played or could play CB, and any of them would be just as likely to make that switch, though I think it'd be best to keep Thomas at FS and move Jackson or Harris, maybe both, into CB and compete. My only worry is that Thomas wouldn't be available, and in the situation you have for this mock, Sean Weatherspoon would be the best pick, in my opinion, but like you, I am leery the Eagles go that far astray from their philosophy. Like you said, a CB like Robinson or McCourtey are possible, or Kyle Wilson if he'd be available.

Overall, I'd be very happy with those first three picks for the Eagles, honestly.

prock
04-09-2010, 02:05 PM

I know we get too much ******* pub as it is.

wonderbredd24
04-09-2010, 02:10 PM
If he indeed ran a 4.24 40 at Indy, which I'm perfectly willing to believe, he ran a 6.9 3 cone at USC's pro day.

The difference being 2.66 seconds.

To compare, let's take a look at some others

Tim Tebow
40 Time: 4.72
3 Cone: 6.66
Difference: 1.94

Barry Church
40 Time: 4.71
3 Cone: 6.65
Difference: 1.94

Kyle McCarthy
40 Time: 4.65
3 Cone: 6.74
Difference: 2.09

Dennis Pitta:
40 Time: 4.70
3 Cone: 6.72
Difference: 1.98

Jimmy Graham
40 Time: 4.56
3 Cone: 6.90
Difference: 2.34

Jermaine Gresham
3 Cone: 7.07
Difference: 2.35

Anthony McCoy
3 Cone: 6.99
Difference: 2.27

Thaddeus Gibson
40 Time: 4.75
3 Cone: 6.84
Difference: 2.09

Jerry Hughes
40 Time: 4.69
3 Cone: 6.99
Difference: 2.3

Brandon Spikes
40 Time: 5.00
3 Cone: 6.97
Difference: 1.97

He barely did the 3 cone drill faster than Brandon Spikes. Taylor Mays might be a fantastic sprinter, but he's not quick at all and combine that with questionable at best instincts and he's just slow on the football field. This is a numerical representation of why he made so few plays for USC and why his reactions were so slow.

BlueBandit24
04-09-2010, 02:12 PM
Did anyone else stop and stare at that iPad ad because of the newscaster?

LOL. Yes I did...nice break from the mock draft.

Tebow in the 1st would depress me. I'd rather blow it up after Favre's done and rebuild then try to make a quarterback out of Tebow. Just not a fan of his, though he'll probably be drafted in that range.

Sveen
04-09-2010, 02:18 PM
Wow. We get Weatherspoon?! Love it :D

keylime_5
yeah, Taylor Mays has the 3 cone time of a big beefy linebacker and the 40 time of a really fast cornerback. his instincts and anticipation won't help alleviate the lack of lateral explosion either. dane sanzenbacher ran right by him for like a 70 yard gain and dane is a slow 4.7 white slot receiver.

Caddy
Ndamukong Suh, Everson Griffen & Kareem Jackson = :D

Chucky
04-09-2010, 02:23 PM
Ndamukong Suh, Everson Griffen & Kareem Jackson = :D

That would be quite the haul for the Bucs. Would pretty much revamp their defence in one year.

CC.SD
04-09-2010, 02:36 PM

It just gets more and more hilarious

BaLLiN
04-09-2010, 02:40 PM
whats with the Sean Weatherspoon fluctuation? and also icky Sean Lee

King Carls 5 Year Plan
04-09-2010, 03:23 PM
at least you already had Okung off the board when the Chiefs drafted Bulaga, this time. Pioli has drafted in the top 13 picks 9 times in his career. 7 of those 9 times he has drafted defensive players. With a poor defensive effort in 2009, I don't see why he would buck the trend this year. Berry, McClain, Dan Williams or trade down all seem alot more plausible.

GloryDaysRBack
04-09-2010, 03:27 PM
at least you already had Okung off the board when the Chiefs drafted Bulaga, this time. Pioli has drafted in the top 13 picks 9 times in his career. 7 of those 9 times he has drafted defensive players. With a poor defensive effort in 2009, I don't see why he would buck the trend this year. Berry, McClain, Dan Williams or trade down all seem alot more plausible.

sounds like wishful thinkin

PoopSandwich
04-09-2010, 03:46 PM
Just curious Scott... What % chance do you think there is that the Browns do draft McCoy if he's there in the second and we go Berry in the first.

I know you have him there, I just wonder what the odds are in your opinion or if you have heard anything about the Browns raving about him.

Thanks.

keylime_5
04-09-2010, 03:47 PM
i've heard they'd take him if he was there.

Iamcanadian
04-09-2010, 03:49 PM
Just not sold on Bulaga as a LT prospect especially with his short arms. RT or even moved inside to OG seem his likely destination to me and may well take him out of top 10 consideration.

Iamcanadian
04-09-2010, 03:52 PM
Just curious Scott... What % chance do you think there is that the Browns do draft McCoy if he's there in the second and we go Berry in the first.

I know you have him there, I just wonder what the odds are in your opinion or if you have heard anything about the Browns raving about him.

Thanks.

It would be a dream scenario for Cleveland as McCoy is definitely a WCO QB which Holmgren needs. However it will be difficult to obtain Berry who in all likelihood is headed to KC.

Splat
04-09-2010, 04:01 PM
Just not sold on Bulaga as a LT prospect especially with his short arms.

Pretty much my thoughts, I think he is going to be a good maybe even great RT but you don't take that in the top 10 let alone top five.

keylime_5
04-09-2010, 04:08 PM
It would be a dream scenario for Cleveland as McCoy is definitely a WCO QB which Holmgren needs. However it will be difficult to obtain Berry who in all likelihood is headed to KC.

Says who? All the buzz I've heard is they are more likely to take a tackle there - either fast-rising Trent Williams or Bryan Bulaga (who a lot of teams really love as a prospect). I think the odds of them going tackle are very high. That said there is definitely a strong chance they take Berry. I think KC is more of a threat to take Berry than Seattle.

theMadStork
04-09-2010, 04:20 PM
please NO to Bruce Campbell to OAK.
i'm thinking more and more that, if available, Claussen is our pick. the team has been scrambling all offseason for a QB and if one is staring us right in the face at #8, i think he's the pick.
despite weaknesses and holes on the team, we are a QB away from going from bad to decent/good.

mqtirishfan
04-09-2010, 04:29 PM
Scott, I need you to do me a favor and stop letting Kindle fall to the 20s but go right before Green Bay picks. It makes me very, very sad.

Thank you.

49erNation85
04-09-2010, 04:32 PM
I wanna ad another point to the Vikings picking up Tebow.With Harvin and Tebow together once again. I wonder the possibilities here ?I'm sure that will be a spot light again for the both the team and media lol .

Paranoidmoonduck
04-09-2010, 04:34 PM
Scott, do you think that the Anthony Hargrove situation could affect Detroit's preference at DT at all. Certainly Hargrove would qualify as one of those more penetrating defensive tackles, which might make Suh a more appealing target.

wonderbredd24
04-09-2010, 04:38 PM
Just not sold on Bulaga as a LT prospect especially with his short arms. RT or even moved inside to OG seem his likely destination to me and may well take him out of top 10 consideration.

His arms are the same length as Joe Thomas

Bengals78
04-09-2010, 04:59 PM
Probably your best Bengals mock this year.

M.O.T.H.
04-09-2010, 05:09 PM
Dont like it at all for Dallas. Mays doesn't fit at all. And to disagree with D, I would be worried if he had to cover Celek or Cooley in our defense. As for 2nd round, with the depth problems along the O-Line, I'd def. rather see OL than WR. I'd even go DE or CB in the 2nd over WR. OL first and foremost, though.

therat1
04-09-2010, 05:12 PM
Dont like it at all for Dallas. Mays doesn't fit at all. And to disagree with D, I would be worried if he had to cover Celek or Cooley in our defense. As for 2nd round, with the depth problems along the O-Line, I'd def. rather see OL than WR. I'd even go DE or CB in the 2nd over WR. OL first and foremost, though.

Yeah everything that I have heard from inside valley ranch says that Dallas scouts hope Mays is picked before them. They don't want another Roy Williams on their hands.

fontes
04-09-2010, 05:37 PM
I think odrick to the pats. I love all the positions for the pats but would mix up the order. Just nitpicking though.

Love the Lions picks.

Too early for a center. 3rd round centers can start.

fontes
04-09-2010, 05:38 PM
i'm thinking more and more that, if available, Claussen is our pick. the team has been scrambling all offseason for a QB and if one is staring us right in the face at #8, i think he's the pick.
despite weaknesses and holes on the team, we are a QB away from going from bad to decent/good.

going from horrible and a disgrace to below average at best lol

LOLitsTomBrady
04-09-2010, 05:40 PM
If the Lions pass on Suh i'll throw a brick through my TV..No way they take Gerald Mccoy. Mccoy has bust written all over him. I do like the 2nd round pick for the Lions but i personally think they would take Best if he was available there. Then go CB in the 3rd round. Also LOL at Vikings taking Tebow in the 1st round. As a Lions fan, Id be so happy if that happened. :)

Splat
04-09-2010, 05:48 PM
If the Lions pass on Suh i'll throw a brick through my TV..No way they take Gerald Mccoy. Mccoy has bust written all over him.

I can understand wanting Suh over McCoy but explain to me how McCoy has bust written all over him?

Brent
04-09-2010, 05:55 PM
I would be shocked to see the Niners pass on Anthony Davis for Haden at thirteen. Heading into the last off-season, Singletary wanted the Niners to improve on the line, particularly at RT. They signed a FA who never played for them, and let Adam Snyder attempt to play RT until they eventually just let Tony Pashos do it. At seventeen, I would wager that they would look at someone like Kyle Wilson, Sergio Kindle or Earl Thomas, having taken Davis at thirteen.

I do like the Best selection in round two. I think he's exactly what they want: return man with the ability to be a speed back. I wouldnt rule out Koa Misi either.

bergo23
04-09-2010, 07:01 PM
Scott,

Nobody seems to agree with you about the Taylor Mays to Dallas pick. He is just not the kind of safety they are looking for.

Which brings me to my beloved Lightning Bolts. I think they are a real darkhorse to pick Mays if Seattle doesn't take him at #14. If he falls to #28, he can be the kind of intimidator we've needed since Rodney Harrison left. His 3 cone drill scares me (and maybe why he falls into round 2)...but his straight lined speed is unquestioned...too bad that doesn't translate to playing safety much.

That being said Dan Williams seems to be a great fit...so I would be happy with that pick.

Ryan Matthews would be a dream come true at #40, but the Lions are looking to pounce if he sneaks out of the second round. They need some insurance for Kevin Smith.

RB's and Linebackers do seem to fall on draft day, so we'll see. I like Vlad Ducasse or Cody at #40 for the Bolts given your scenario of who is available. I think AJ Smith wants to give his new running game every chance to succeed and shut up a certain future Hall of Famer.

Cody's lack of upper body strength scares me...but if he has strong lower body strength that is more important for a 3-4 NT.

eagles6606
04-09-2010, 07:03 PM
Good first round puck with Earl Thomas, but give me Carlos Dunlap with the first second round pick and Jerome Murphy with the second.

Splat
04-09-2010, 08:48 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/207oqj8.jpg

wonderbredd24
04-09-2010, 08:50 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/207oqj8.jpg
Should go well with your Aaron Curry jersey from last year :D

marshallb
04-09-2010, 08:57 PM
If the Lions pass on Suh i'll throw a brick through my TV..No way they take Gerald Mccoy. Mccoy has bust written all over him. I do like the 2nd round pick for the Lions but i personally think they would take Best if he was available there. Then go CB in the 3rd round. Also LOL at Vikings taking Tebow in the 1st round. As a Lions fan, Id be so happy if that happened. :)

I think I'd do the same thing as you would if the Vikings took Tebow, especially in the 1st, maybe not in the 2nd, but there'd be several bricks or shoes or whatever is handy going through the TV if the Vikings took Tebow in the 1st round. My parents wouldn't be very happy, but oh well, I'd have to deal with the consequences later.

Abaddon
04-09-2010, 09:09 PM
This is the type of draft I fear the raiders will do
Yep, and I'd rather see the Raiders boycott the draft entirely than make those two picks.
Clausen? Oh, for the love of...
going from horrible and a disgrace to below average at best lol
Likely closer to the truth.
Raiders won't draft Campbell

Raiders like physical OL-men Campbell isn't

Mario Henderson and Samson Satele say hello.

Rosebud
04-09-2010, 09:16 PM
I would be pissed if we passed on Price or even Houston and Joseph for Sean Lee who's a marginal upgrade over Jonathon Goff.

GhostDeini
04-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Love the Dolphins pick.

We simply can not go into the season with Ginn, Bess, Camarillo, and Hartline. This might be worst WR corp ever.

By the way, it's about time Scott retires his "_______ might not be in the mold of Ogden & Pace" go to line about every OT that enters the draft. There have been other elite OT prospects since those 2 guys. Like Jake Long & Joe Thomas.

armageddon
04-09-2010, 09:25 PM
Bradford = Pro Bowl by year 4

LOLitsTomBrady
04-09-2010, 10:16 PM
I can understand wanting Suh over McCoy but explain to me how McCoy has bust written all over him?

He would be a bust for the Lions, not any other team. I personally think hes not strong enough to be a DT in our 4-3. He relies on his quickness too much. Also he wasn't nearly as productive as he should have been. He's undersized at 295 pounds, especially for the gigantic guards of the NFC North.

Malaka
04-10-2010, 12:28 AM
I would be pissed if we passed on Price or even Houston and Joseph for Sean Lee who's a marginal upgrade over Jonathon Goff.

No Price, please, he'll be average at best I just don't like that guy, I'd rather have Houston with the 2nd pick, but I can't say I am upset with Davis in the 1st.

akvikefan89
04-10-2010, 12:43 AM
Tebow to my Vikings in the first round? I feel like I just got stabbed to death with a phone book...

villagewarrior
04-10-2010, 01:38 AM

Based on Tyson Jackson's early returns, perhaps Pioli/Haley should listen to us this time.

Menardo75
04-10-2010, 01:38 AM
Really can't see the Niners passing on Anthony Davis.

Prowler
04-10-2010, 07:33 AM
i like your seattle draft. i think trent will be the pick.

GO_Chiefs
04-10-2010, 10:21 AM

Considering Bulaga was the lock pick like Aaron Curry last year before they went to Tyson Jackson......

bored of education
04-10-2010, 12:12 PM

The Chiefs fans and their wants are different from the draftnickers and their mockes. Last year the month before 90% of mocks had either Monroe or Curry. this year its like 90% has us taking an LT. So, like a previous Chiefs fan said the Bulaga jersey can go with the Curry one

rojones82
04-10-2010, 01:56 PM
Where does this come from? Andre Smith was no physical specimen, nor was Rey Maualuga. Typically the Bengals like established college players with the size to succeed. They're not one of the league's faster team, nor are they a team filled with world class athletes. Cincinnati coaches value versatility & talent, not a guy that has a 4.3 40 and a 40 inch vertical. If a 2nd Rounder in 08' on Jerome Simpson and a 3rd Round in 09' on Michael Johnson are your justification for the Raiders-esque statement then maybe you're starting to underrate Al Davis (which you don't seem to be doing with Bruce Campbell there in the Top 10.)

Yeh that's statement also confused me a little. Bengals Drafting style can be accused of many things, but Raiders-esque i just don't see it.

What often tends to be our downfall is taking a guy who has great college production, but better and more scouting would reveal they either a) don't suit the NFL game or b)off the field issue's have caused them to slip.

Jerome Simpson might be the only guy in recent memory that appeared to get drafted on measurable and he was a 2nd round pick. Michael Johnson was very produtive and played very well for a 3rd round pick last season.

As for the picks. I dont see the Sergio Kindle pick at all. Bengals often pick for need in the high rounds and LB isn't exactly a need especially a need to be picked in the 1st round. Personaly out of the guys you have in the mock going after Kindle i would say more likely picks would be one of the following.

S - Earl Thomas - Playmaker in the secondary

S - Taylor Mays - Marvin Seems to love USC guys and fits a need

DT - Dan Williams - Big Strong DT would help plug the hole next to Peko

If any of these guys slipped

WR - Dez Bryant - If he slips due to Character the Bengals would be hard pressed to pass up on a supreme talent as they have show in the past.

OL - Mike Iupati - Another need pick, as we have some talent and age issues at Guard, Also Marvin likes Physical Run Blockers and we draft more than our fair share American Samoans, i think its the Physical presence and nastiness Marvin likes.

OL Maurkice Pouncey - Again Oline needs as above, but Pouncey is more versatile and could plug in various positions on the oline depending on what happens in the near future.

A Quick note on the 2nd round pick, while i like the pick personally i don't think we spend a valuable pick on a guy with recent back problems. Also we have a TE in Coffman who is as good as a pass catcher than Gronkowski is/was and has had a year to learn to be a better blocker.

I think if a guy like Brandon Spikes is around in the 2nd i could see the Bengals having a hard time passing him because of his college production from a big time College. While im not down on the idea i would prefer Maualuga to go to ILB.

shawn
04-10-2010, 03:49 PM
I was excited when I saw Bruce Campbell to Oakland for one reason,. Because it meant you could not put him as the cardinals pick.

But then you have them picking Robinson over weatherspoon...that would not happen.

gpngc
04-10-2010, 05:56 PM
yeah, Taylor Mays has the 3 cone time of a big beefy linebacker and the 40 time of a really fast cornerback. his instincts and anticipation won't help alleviate the lack of lateral explosion either. dane sanzenbacher ran right by him for like a 70 yard gain and dane is a slow 4.7 white slot receiver.

Helps explain his lack of interceptions...

katnip
04-11-2010, 01:12 AM
I do not like Dexter. I don't think he'll be anywhere as good as Percy Harvin. Who knows what the future holds though.

edit - mainly do to his bulk/weight

adamprez2003
04-11-2010, 04:07 AM
man you love giving Dez Bryant to Bill Parcells. If Parcells drafts Dez over an OLB in the first round I expect locusts to descend on New York shortly thereafter and the rivers to turn blood red. My gut tells me it will be Sergio Kindle, although Hughes, Morgan, JPP and Graham are all possibilities. I would wonder how many 40 year old Giants fans or 30 year old Patriots and Jets fans or 25 year old Cowboys fans believe Parcells will draft a WR over a OLB when OLB is a greater need considering that Porter is gone and JT will be let go in all probability.

Addict
04-11-2010, 04:28 AM
man you love giving Dez Bryant to Bill Parcells. If Parcells drafts Dez over an OLB in the first round I expect locusts to descend on New York shortly thereafter and the rivers to turn blood red. My gut tells me it will be Sergio Kindle, although Hughes, Morgan, JPP and Graham are all possibilities. I would wonder how many 40 year old Giants fans or 30 year old Patriots and Jets fans or 25 year old Cowboys fans believe Parcells will draft a WR over a OLB when OLB is a greater need considering that Porter is gone and JT will be let go in all probability.

You'd better come up with a better argument for why Bryant wouldn't be the pick than biblical plagues. I mean, the value of Bryant at that point is through the roof and your receiving corps simply isn't good. Need and value check out. Linebackers you guys could use should and will be available in the second round.
A
Also, your entire post is... well it's a mess. I really have trouble understanding what you're trying to say.

MURPHMAN
04-11-2010, 09:25 AM
Scott, you are one of the few that is not buying into the Taylor Price hype. I am surprised that you think the Panthers would reach that much to get him despite the obvious need at the position. Fox is still the HC and loves guys in the trenches on both sides of the line, linebackers and cornerbacks the most. They are pretty much set with starters at OL, CB and LB and probably DE since Brayton was re-signed. However DT is deep on the roster but light on starting talent and many of them could be UFA's after this season. Plus the Nosetackles on the roster all have injury histories. If Brian Price is on the board, I think they will look at him first and risk T. Price being there in the 3rd.

bored of education
04-11-2010, 10:31 AM
Scott, do I need to tell you about my thoughts on the pick of Bulaga? DO I!!!

adamprez2003
04-11-2010, 12:16 PM
You'd better come up with a better argument for why Bryant wouldn't be the pick than biblical plagues. I mean, the value of Bryant at that point is through the roof and your receiving corps simply isn't good. Need and value check out. Linebackers you guys could use should and will be available in the second round.
A
Also, your entire post is... well it's a mess. I really have trouble understanding what you're trying to say. Both of the 2009 starting Dolphins outside linebackers arent on the roster right now. The starters would be Cameron Wake who cant play the run or drop off into pass coverage and Charlie Anderson a run stuffer who cant drop off either. You couldnt even stop the Cleveland Browns offense with these guys as your starters

Meanwhile, Brian Hartline, Devonne Bess and Ted Ginn at least form a functional group that though not game breaking can at least give you a serviceable outlet as evidenced by their 21st passing ranking

While the 21st ranked passing attack can certainly stand to see improvement, the journeymen linebackers they have manning the outside right now have to be replaced priority one.

Dez Bryant might be BPA (debatable) but it simply fails to take into account the state of the Dolphins or the preferences of Parcells which as any fan of the Giants, Jets, Patriots and Cowboys will tell you is a linebacker addict

eaglesalltheway
04-11-2010, 01:06 PM
Good first round puck with Earl Thomas, but give me Carlos Dunlap with the first second round pick and Jerome Murphy with the second.
Carlos Dunlap... Hell no, we need a WLB much more than DE and Washington will be a better WLB than Dunlap will be DE...
Helps explain his lack of interceptions...

Or you know, maybe his style of play and lack of ball skills? He doesn't play for picks, he plays for hits, its that simple...

vikes_28
04-11-2010, 01:24 PM
Scott....I'm disappointed.... :(

Woodrow Call
04-12-2010, 03:22 PM
Personally I think it's either Berry, D. Williams, or McClain for the Chiefs. Albert isn't a RT and the guard positions are filled so unless they are drafting Bulaga as a RT I don't see it happening. Pioli loves to draft defense, usually from the SEC, when picking early.

keylime_5
04-12-2010, 03:53 PM
nobody's spending a top 5 pick on a guy who is viewed as a two down player by most teams. I think it's Okung, Bulaga, Williams, or Berry and no one else at 5.

twizbuck
04-12-2010, 05:41 PM
I can dig those Bengal picks. I don't think Rey is going to replace Dhani this season though, probably next season when he is a free agent. Still a great pick and fills a need as a pass rushing linebacker.

Completely disagree though about Mays being the type of safety they want.

Mostly agreed with Akili here. Mays, while I do think is a SS type the Bengals like, is not the type of safety we're in need of. If Earl Thomas isn't there, I can't imagine us going after a DB in the first.

That said, the Kindle pick is great. I also don't think Maualuga has a shot at replacing Jones this year, but I'd like to see him just stand behind Jones at MLB and let Kindle take over at Sam, and be a situational pass rusher.

The Gronkowski pick, however, I don't like. Plus I doubt they're even looking at him as last time I heard, they haven't even requested his medical history. Of course they may have, but it hasn't been part of the grape vine. But I firmly believe they will be looking for a block first TE. When the offense was at its peak in '05, Reggie Kelly was the starting TE, and he's without a doubt a block first TE who was only an outlet receiver in the passing game. Second round I'd rather see us get Price, Houston, or Wootton based on who you have left in the mock.

Bibby10
04-13-2010, 01:59 AM
I love what you had with the Packers pick at 23. They need to get an OLB opposite of Clay. Teams now know that he is a main cog to their defense and if he cant get to the QB, then the pass is going to be there all day for the offense. The really want to be a fierce D so they need to go aften either an OLB or a S.

Addict
04-13-2010, 04:34 AM
Scott....I am disappoint

I fixed it for you because you missed the obvious joke.

Dam8610
04-13-2010, 10:25 AM
For the new mock the first round pick for the Colts makes sense to me, but I can't see the 2nd round pick happening. Brian Price has been said to be in worse shape than Terrence Cody, and as red flags go, I'm sure that's going to stand out a lot to Polian and co., enough for them to probably drop him 2-3 rounds considering this is probably one of the most important times of his life. I think the Colts would be more likely to opt for LaMarr Houston if they were to pick a DT in that situation, his interior pass rush skills are excellent and he hasn't disappointed the entire offseason like Price has. If they were to go in a different direction, I wouldn't be surprised to see them continue to bulk up the OL in that situation either.