PDA

View Full Version : The Sport Science of Ndamukong Suh

holt_bruce81
04-10-2010, 10:19 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/sportscenter/post/_/id/43405/the-sport-science-of-ndamukong-suh

Thought it was a pretty sweet video. Love watching the show whenever I catch it on TV.

Ndamukong Suh looks impressive :)

Saints-Tigers
04-10-2010, 10:28 PM
Faster than Tony Romo through the first 20 yards. Must be that average 1st step and explosion he has.

More power on his tackles than Ray Lewis or Kris Jenkins :O

TACKLE
04-10-2010, 10:31 PM
More power on his tackles than Ray Lewis or Kris Jenkins :O

That's so dumb because if you saw the tests that Ray and Kris Jenkins did, they were completely different.

Thumper
04-10-2010, 10:35 PM
Faster than Tony Romo? I would hope so seeing as that is one of the guys he is going to be chasing and honestly that isn't that impressive. Tony Romo? Maybe if it was Vick, McNabb, Young, Cutler or something, that would be impressive. I would expect most defensive linemen to be faster than Romo.

But that hit was impressive, it looked like he broke the crash dummy. Even before they said all the scientific stuff about it I was like "ohhhh man that would hurt" and upon further review I figure that hit might've killed me. That was a hard hit, science or no science.

Saints-Tigers
04-10-2010, 10:37 PM
A DT is faster than Tony Romo, who is faster than 95% of QBs and that isn't impressive? What starters are faster than Tony? Vince Young? Aaron Rodgers and McNabb are in the same category.

Tony can move pretty well.

TitanHope
04-11-2010, 12:15 AM
For comparison

Ray Lewis's test:

sBVCyXdPevY

Kris Jenkins's test:

zn2svE2Aw7A

Still, impressive stuff. Romo has great mobility for a QB. He's not Vick or VY, but those guys are special athletes at the QB position. That tackle was crushing, but it was basically Suh getting a free shot with a running start, so... *shrug*

themaninblack
04-11-2010, 01:58 AM
That's pretty incredible. Would not like to get blindsided by that dude.

dolphinfan2k5
04-11-2010, 03:40 AM
The Kris Jenkins one is hilarious lol

RealityCheck
04-11-2010, 08:44 AM
I love this show. And I love Suh.

M.O.T.H.
04-11-2010, 01:49 PM
Faster than Tony Romo? I would hope so seeing as that is one of the guys he is going to be chasing and honestly that isn't that impressive. Tony Romo? Maybe if it was Vick, McNabb, Young, Cutler or something, that would be impressive. I would expect most defensive linemen to be faster than Romo.

But that hit was impressive, it looked like he broke the crash dummy. Even before they said all the scientific stuff about it I was like "ohhhh man that would hurt" and upon further review I figure that hit might've killed me. That was a hard hit, science or no science.

Why would you go...Vick, Mcnabb, Young, and then Cutler of all people?

Romo is no burner, but he's on the NFL's short list when it comes to his mobility. Romo has made many a defensive lineman look bad. He's one of the league's best athletes at the position.