PDA

View Full Version : kevin booth

raidersfanxxx
03-15-2007, 09:15 PM
he was one of our better o-linemen last year and he is really young....but, he is a massive dude that does not fit our new ZBS. will he be able to fit into what we are trying to do up front???

Paranoidmoonduck
03-15-2007, 09:36 PM
I think he can make it work, but it'll be a struggle. If Gallery can manage to win out to LT job, I almost think he could hangle being a ZBS RT.

bucksavage
03-15-2007, 09:56 PM
are we running the ZBS or is that just speculation??

Komp
03-15-2007, 10:30 PM
Yah it is a lot of speculation....I think people are assuming since we have Cable it will be a ZBS. However, I think it is safe to assume we won't be using Shell's blocking scheme. Booth is young and a decent athlete and he went to Colgate [Ivy League school yes?] so he should be smart enough to adjust.

PS - I still haven't forgiven him for his holding penalty that took back Carr's kickoff return TD against the Jets because I was at the game and Carr took it right down my sideline into the endzone...lol...

bernbabybern820
03-16-2007, 10:30 AM
Yah it is a lot of speculation....I think people are assuming since we have Cable it will be a ZBS. However, I think it is safe to assume we won't be using Shell's blocking scheme. Booth is young and a decent athlete and he went to Colgate [Ivy League school yes?] so he should be smart enough to adjust.

PS - I still haven't forgiven him for his holding penalty that took back Carr's kickoff return TD against the Jets because I was at the game and Carr took it right down my sideline into the endzone...lol...

you sure it was Boothe? i wouldn't figure that a lineman, let alone a starting one would be on our kick return team.

mhuff21
03-16-2007, 12:09 PM
I think Boothe went to Cornell; not that it really matters or anything

Tha rizzock
03-16-2007, 12:36 PM
He actually pretty fast and good at pullig so he will fit the ZBS

raidersfanxxx
03-16-2007, 09:21 PM
deuce latui or whatever was a moutain of a man and he was productive on usc's line. so if were useing the same blocking as SC he could work i guess.

Xonraider
03-16-2007, 09:31 PM
Keeping him would mean having 4 OL

Sims, Gallery, Newberry, Boothe.

Sims is decent, Newberry is good, but injury prone and Boothe has an incredible talent.. Gallery, has 1 more year to prove he is not a bust.

mhuff21
03-16-2007, 11:19 PM
I know there's still a whole lot of time with the draft and free agency; but lets say we went into training camp with the players we have rite now. How would you guys project our starting O-Line for 2007? Id say:

LT- Sims
LG- Grove/McQuistan/Newberry
C- Grove/Newberry
RG- Boothe
RT- Gallery

Xonraider
03-16-2007, 11:51 PM
McQ is a reliable back-up at best.. so is Grove.. I´m expecting an LG to be drafted.

Sims - *insert* - Newberry - Boothe - Gallery

RaiderNation
03-17-2007, 01:16 AM
McQ is a reliable back-up at best.. so is Grove.. Im expecting an LG to be drafted.

Sims - *insert* - Newberry - Boothe - Gallery

*insert* blalock or sears

doingthisinsteadofwork
03-17-2007, 11:44 AM
I think that they'll most surely move Grove to G.He hasnt played well at C but last time we had the ZBS he played well at G.

portermvp84
03-17-2007, 11:44 AM
He actually pretty fast and good at pullig so he will fit the ZBS

Dude that sig is sick I love that.

Komp
03-18-2007, 01:29 PM
you sure it was Boothe? i wouldn't figure that a lineman, let alone a starting one would be on our kick return team.

I'm 99% sure it was Boothe and 100% sure it was a black OL....he wasn't very happy about the call either....

Paranoidmoonduck
03-19-2007, 01:14 AM
I know there's still a whole lot of time with the draft and free agency; but lets say we went into training camp with the players we have rite now. How would you guys project our starting O-Line for 2007? Id say:

LT- Sims
LG- Grove/McQuistan/Newberry
C- Grove/Newberry
RG- Boothe
RT- Gallery

I actually expect Gallery to keep his LT job. If he wasn't motivated by Kiffin's statement, then he's a lost cause, and he has apparently been working out back in Iowa City for the first time since getting drafted. Sims ain't that great a player, I think Robert can beat him out.

charlzie
03-29-2007, 02:06 PM
Boothe had 0 penalties last season. It was probably Slaughter

portermvp84
03-30-2007, 09:50 AM
I hate Chad Slaughter why do we keep him around?