PDA

View Full Version : How detailed do you need your scouting reports to be?

NJCagefighter
04-11-2010, 10:26 AM
I am a heterosexual man and yet I will read the National Enquirer at the supermarket checkout line. They do a really great job of talking about things that the mainstream media will not or cannot report i.e. Dennis Hopper on his last legs, John Travolta/ Kevin Spacey/name almost every leading man in hollywood kissing a man or thinking about kissing a man.

Great stuff only you can get there.

So I've noticed whenever I read more then the obvious (40 time, bench press, etc) which tells me about a person's work ethic/character the more intrigued I get. For example, Jimmy Clausen not being a supposedly fan of the weight room, an arrest for a player four years ago for aggravated assault, etc.

bored of education
04-11-2010, 10:28 AM
I dont write 'scouting reports', I like to write tiers of players, mock drafts. I thnk regardless of what I write, it would not fall in line with where GMs and scouts will draft players. I have a hard time writing up my mocks without my personal preference, but I try to detach myself as much as possible and focus on the teams needs, drafting histories, possible value boards, etc.

bored of education
04-11-2010, 10:28 AM
I am a heterosexual man and yet I will read the National Enquirer at the supermarket checkout line. They do a really great job of talking about things that the mainstream media will not or cannot report i.e. Dennis Hopper on his last legs, John Travolta/ Kevin Spacey/name almost every leading man in hollywood kissing a man or thinking about kissing a man.

Great stuff only you can get there.

So I've noticed whenever I read more then the obvious (40 time, bench press, etc) which tells me about a person's work ethic/character the more intrigued I get. For example, Jimmy Clausen not being a supposedly fan of the weight room, an arrest for a player four years ago for aggravated assault, etc.

Your 4th word perplexes me.

NJCagefighter
04-11-2010, 10:31 AM
Your 4th word perplexes me.

Uhh, NJCagefighter supports that!:) Well played sir.

BTW, I should get this out of the way I do have a mancrush on Scott. LOL.