PDA

View Full Version : Could Charles Brown/Bruce Campbell play anything but LT?

JohnCandy
04-11-2010, 03:19 PM
Can either of these guys possibly play another position either LG or RT in the NFL.

In know neither are overly physical, but with all the heavy passing teams the RT is starting to become more of a pass blocker.

TheMorningZoo
04-11-2010, 03:21 PM
Campbell could man the Right Side, but his athleticism is better suited on the Left. Brown IMO is strictly a LT, he isn't that stout at the point-but does have good agility/athleticism to get to the second level.

Shane P. Hallam
04-11-2010, 03:21 PM
Not really. MAYBE RT for Campbell, but one of the reasons these guys aren 2nd round values is due to the lack of versatility.

K Train
04-11-2010, 03:24 PM
yeah they could play another spot, an extra blocking TE lol

Saints-Tigers
04-11-2010, 03:32 PM
Uh, Jon Stinchcomb plays RT for the superbowl champs. He's like the weakest RT ever.

eagles6606
04-11-2010, 03:37 PM
If all else fails, Cambell could play TE....

FrankGore
04-11-2010, 03:38 PM
I guess depending on the scheme Campbell could play either side. I wouldn't want Brown on any side other than the left. Partly because he wouldn't be good on the right, but partly because you'd be taking away from all his strengths on the left.

They are what they are.

A Perfect Score
04-11-2010, 03:49 PM
Bruce Campbell should move to DE. 6'8, 310, 4.7 speed...PLUS, HE KNOWS WHAT THE OFFENSIVE TACKLE IS THINKING!

wicket
04-11-2010, 04:14 PM
Bruce Campbell should move to DE. 6'8, 310, 4.7 speed...PLUS, HE KNOWS WHAT THE OFFENSIVE TACKLE IS THINKING!

I love the sentiment and know it is a joke but im going to react semi serious anyways

BC atm would have no idea what the OT is thinking cuz he knows nothing about how to play the position, otherwise he would be better at it with his tools

A Perfect Score
04-11-2010, 04:18 PM
I know. I very much dislike Bruce Campbell the offensive tackle, as much as I like Bruce Campbell the athlete.

PossibleCabbage
04-11-2010, 04:26 PM
Either of them could be RTs. People forget that there are two ways to be a quality RT in the league:

1) Be a dominating run blocker.
2) Don't make mistakes; never miss an assignment and don't get called for penalties.

Guys in category 1 have to be passable pass-blockers, but guys in category 2 can get by with simply average performance in run-blocking and pass-blocking. That's how Mark Tauscher ended up at RT for the Packers for the last decade. He was never a particularly dominant run blocker or a pass blocker, but he was steady and consistent. Of course, Tauscher was a 7th round pick and Brown and Campbell are late 1sts early 2nds. But anybody who can run block and pass block outside could be a quality RT, if they become incredibly consistent players. I'd give Brown more of an edge here than Campbell.

FUNBUNCHER
04-11-2010, 04:27 PM
Seriously, I wonder why Ralph Friedgen never gave Bruce Campbell a look at DT!??

diabsoule
04-11-2010, 04:29 PM
I think it's safe to say that Bruce Campbell the athlete will never live up to Bruce Campbell the actor.

Mr.Regular
04-11-2010, 04:30 PM
Campbell could play RT but I think his best fit is at LT.
Brown, who I absolutely love, wouldn't be the greatest fit anywhere but the left side. Could he play RT? Sure, but his skill set really isn't a match there. I think itd be a mistake to place him anywhere but LT.