PDA

View Full Version : Where does John Jerry go?

JohnCandy
04-12-2010, 05:02 PM
Where do you see John Jerry going in this draft?

Jerry has a unique blend of size [6'5" 328lbs] he has been an All-SEC player, he was very good at the Senior Bowl and looked good at the combine.

The questions seemed to be about conditioning and weight, but he has dropped weight and looked good.

Is the 2nd round out of the question?

RealityCheck
04-12-2010, 05:03 PM
Not at all. Jerry's a good blocker, should go in the mid-late 3rd, yet some team could take a look at him in the 2nd.

JHasley10
04-12-2010, 05:07 PM
i think mid 3rd round to early 4th is where i see him going.

can he only play guard in the nfl or does he have any chance to play right tackle ?

RaiderNation
04-12-2010, 05:20 PM
I see him as a late 2nd to mid 3rd guy. Perfect fit for a power blocking scheme oline at RG

VUBlacknGold
04-12-2010, 05:23 PM
Just pullin it out my ass but how do him and Justin Blalock as a prospect compare?

BlueBandit24
04-12-2010, 05:40 PM
I would love this guy in Minnesota, either with our late-2nd or late-3rd round pick. He's the type of mauler that the Vikings love on their offensive line and he'd be a major upgrade over the pedestrian Anthony Herrera at right guard. Minnesota struggled with a push in the run game last year (partly due to Hutchinson's injury)...Jerry would give us more power in the run game.

eaglesalltheway
04-12-2010, 05:47 PM
i think mid 3rd round to early 4th is where i see him going.

can he only play guard in the nfl or does he have any chance to play right tackle ?

It'd probably be best to keep him inside. He just doesn't have the athletecism to match up against the elite pass rushers, especially OLBs in the 3-4.

phlysac
04-12-2010, 08:58 PM
He's my 3rd ranked Guard prospect behind Mike Iupati and Maurkice Pouncey. I'd put him behind Saffold and Ducasse if they were moved inside. I could definitely see him going 45-75.

wonderbredd24
04-12-2010, 08:58 PM
Cleveland in round 3.

After we get Ducasse in round 2.

DeepThreat
04-12-2010, 09:01 PM
I think he's going to drop to the 3rd day.

BeerBaron
04-12-2010, 09:15 PM
I think he's going to drop to the 3rd day.

You know, it's strange....

glowing review
glowing review
3rd round
2nd round
glowing review
....negative comment...

care to explain what everyone else in the thread is missing?

diabsoule
04-12-2010, 09:17 PM
If Pittsburgh does not go with Iupati in round one then I could definitely see them eying him in round 2 and will probably sprint to the podium to take him in round 3 if he's available. Teams like San Fran, Jacksonville, Seattle, Chicago et al could also use him.

Don Vito
04-12-2010, 09:19 PM
He played RT for most of his career and was moved to RG the second half of this year and was dominant. He was a very good RT for us but he was an absolute beast of a right guard and I think he has huge NFL potential there, he struggled a bit with speed rushers at RT but wasn't a terrible pass blocker. He is a devastating run blocker who won't need to face the Robert Mathis' of the world inside at guard, I think he could be a potentially dominant RG. Great size, natural strength, super run blocker, and a great athlete for his size.

I see him coming off the board late second-early third but it isn't just the homer in me saying he could be a potential pro bowler.

Clarkw267
04-12-2010, 10:10 PM
Mid 3rd round.

He's a good fit for a power man blocking team.

Rosebud
04-13-2010, 04:12 AM
I think he's a second round pick and a wonderful pure guard prospect. He could be a little quicker but if that where the case he'd be a RG/RT prospect.

Addict
04-13-2010, 04:24 AM
I'd love to have that type of guy on the Lions.

WMD
04-13-2010, 04:26 AM
You know, it's strange....

glowing review
glowing review
3rd round
2nd round
glowing review
....negative comment...

care to explain what everyone else in the thread is missing?

I've noticed that predicting where Guards get drafted is tough. Most recent example being Duke Robinson. A lot of people had him as their #1 OG going into the draft, and he was probably a better Guard prospect than Iupati this year.. at worst a Mid Round 2 pick.. and he got selected in the 5th Round.

fear the elf
04-13-2010, 09:50 AM
Ever since I saw him at the Senior Bowl I've been hoping the Browns would take him. If we got him in the 3rd, I'd be thrilled.

Ultimately, I'm thinking mid 2nd to late 3rd.

bitonti
04-13-2010, 10:02 AM
solid 2nd rounder... his brother in the league and tackle ability push him up

wonderbredd24
04-13-2010, 10:17 AM
Ever since I saw him at the Senior Bowl I've been hoping the Browns would take him. If we got him in the 3rd, I'd be thrilled.

Ultimately, I'm thinking mid 2nd to late 3rd.

He played most of the season hovering around 350lbs... suddenly at the Senior Bowl he was around 335 I think and he was pretty light on his feet for a man his size and he's always been a guy who could deliver pancakes.

Like Ciron Black, whose another SEC tackle I like as a mid round value for guard, Jerry has a ton of experience against high level opponents.

He and Black fit the type of linemen the Browns are going for and if we were able to get Ducasse and Jerry, the Browns could seemingly walk their way down the field

RealDriscoll
04-13-2010, 01:50 PM
This guy has pro-bowl Guard written all over him; I see as a steal in Round 3. The Miami Dolphins interviewed and held private workouts with him and I hear they came away very impressed

D-Unit
04-13-2010, 01:56 PM
I want this guy for the Cowboys in Round 3, but I think in order to get him, they'd have to use their late 2nd.