PDA

View Full Version : NFL confirms names of 16 players who will attend draft

Who Dat Nation
04-12-2010, 07:12 PM
The new three-day NFL draft format will include an increased number of players attending in person, and the NFL announced today the names of 16 players who will be there.

The list of players includes the ones you'd expect -- Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford, Nebraska defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh and Oklahoma defensive tackle Gerald McCoy -- as well as some notable absences, including Notre Dame quarterback Jimmy Clausen and Florida quarterback Tim Tebow.

In addition to Bradford, Suh and McCoy, the players who have accepted invitations are running backs C.J. Spiller and Jahvid Best, cornerbacks Joe Haden and Brandon Ghee, offensive tackles Russell Okung, Bryan Bulaga and Trent Williams; defensive tackles Lamarr Houston, Jared Odrick and Dan Williams; defensive end Derrick Morgan, receiver Demaryius Thomas and safety Eric Berry.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/12/nfl-confirms-names-of-16-players-who-will-attend-draft/

BaLLiN
04-12-2010, 07:13 PM
which ones are the first day (first round) and which ones are second day (second and third rounds)?

eaglesalltheway
04-12-2010, 07:19 PM
which ones are the first day (first round) and which ones are second day (second and third rounds)?

I'd say the day one guys are Bradford, Suh, McCoy, Spiller, Haden, Okung, Bulaga, Williams, Derrick Morgan, Dan Williams ,and Eric Berry.

After that, there are a few guys that could be borderline, but I think lock day two guys are Best and Ghee.

I think Odrick is one of the day two guys that may not have to sit in the blue room, as well as Demaryius Thomas.

ericzedwards
04-12-2010, 07:29 PM
I know they're trying to build the human drama for two prime time nights, but something about inviting guys that are locks for the 2nd-3rd round just seems wrong to me. I can't wait for the draft to inevitably revert to its old format.

Splat
04-12-2010, 07:33 PM
I'm glad Berry will be there I want to see him hold up his new Chiefs jersey...:)

eaglesalltheway
04-12-2010, 07:37 PM
I know they're trying to build the human drama for two prime time nights, but something about inviting guys that are locks for the 2nd-3rd round just seems wrong to me. I can't wait for the draft to inevitably revert to its old format.

I so wish this happens soon. It was perfect the way it was...

Splat
04-12-2010, 07:41 PM
Kinda surprised no Dez Bryant.

K Train
04-12-2010, 07:44 PM
best, bey bey, ghee, houston?

gonna be waiting a while

BaLLiN
04-12-2010, 08:53 PM
best, bey bey, ghee, houston?

gonna be waiting a while

not if they're the second day guys

brat316
04-12-2010, 08:57 PM
not if they're the second day guys

I think they'll have them there on the first day just in case something happens. Keep them waiting in a hotel room or something.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
04-12-2010, 09:07 PM
I can't wait for one of the guys invited for the 2nd day gets picked on the 1st.

Don Vito
04-12-2010, 09:20 PM
Bey Bey and Houston surprise me

drowe
04-12-2010, 09:27 PM
Finally, a change to the draft I like. The more the merrier.

JFLO
04-12-2010, 09:57 PM
Bey Bey is going 1st round...it seems teams are falling in love with his potential

I honestly think Lamarr Houston is a serious sleeper to be picked up by the Colts at #30, so he may not have to wait that long.

Ghee is a definite 2nd or 3rd day guy.

bored of education
04-12-2010, 09:59 PM
I can't wait for one of the guys invited for the 2nd day gets picked on the 1st.

I was just thinking that. "Heyo, Lamarr..if you by chance get a call from a team..stall them..go the RCMH and we will annouce it their..we will wait for you"

TheSlinger
04-12-2010, 10:02 PM
As long as one of the networks doesn't blow the picks 30 secs before they come in I'll be happy.

frubulubu
04-12-2010, 11:27 PM
As long as one of the networks doesn't blow the picks 30 secs before they come in I'll be happy.

Please and Thank you!

princefielder28
04-12-2010, 11:33 PM
Lamarr Houston! YES!

MetSox17
04-13-2010, 02:55 AM
I'm glad LaMarr Houston is going into the draft with a full head of steam. He deserves to be an early pick.

Addict
04-13-2010, 04:32 AM
Tebow's not coming. Smart man.

AntoinCD
04-13-2010, 04:43 AM
Tebow's not coming. Smart man.

Yeah but you know NFL network and ESPN etc will have a TV crew wherever he is and will constantly be talking about him. If I was him I'd go away forthe weekend and not tell the networks where he is, especially if he lasts to the second day

Addict
04-13-2010, 04:46 AM
Yeah but you know NFL network and ESPN etc will have a TV crew wherever he is and will constantly be talking about him. If I was him I'd go away forthe weekend and not tell the networks where he is, especially if he lasts to the second day

They'd find out where he is no matter what, he'll be with his family most likely.

K Train
04-13-2010, 08:00 AM
i cant believe tebow isnt going for the TV time

killxswitch
04-13-2010, 08:39 AM
I will LOVE it if Clausen is picked earlier than Bradford and the NFL look like idiots both for not inviting Clausen and for making Bradford sit there waiting to get picked.

Overall I think this could be a very interesting draft. I really don't think it needs to be 3 days though.

LizardState
04-13-2010, 11:03 AM
No Rolando McClain? That's a major oversight on the NFL's part.

Splat
04-13-2010, 11:06 AM
Didn't Joe Thomas go fishing? That was awesome.

JFLO
04-13-2010, 11:09 AM
Didn't Joe Thomas go fishing? That was awesome.

Best draft day ever...

When I saw that, I knew he was going to be a Pro-Bowl caliber player...

Seriously, who goes fishing on the day that will change their life forever, not to mention the biggest pay day of their life.

Amazing.

Addict
04-13-2010, 01:00 PM
Best draft day ever...

When I saw that, I knew he was going to be a Pro-Bowl caliber player...

Seriously, who goes fishing on the day that will change their life forever, not to mention the biggest pay day of their life.

Amazing.

preferred to go fishing with his dad. I loved the guy for doing that. Best day ever I imagine... nice day with your dad, fishing... making a few million dollars.... sweet.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-13-2010, 01:23 PM
i cant believe tebow isnt going for the TV time

This is a bad thing. At least if he was there they could still talk about the other prospects. Now starting from day 1 the cameras will be on his party or whatever the whole time. BTW for the Thursday night portion is there anywhere we can view the draft online live?

Addict
04-13-2010, 01:26 PM
This is a bad thing. At least if he was there they could still talk about the other prospects. Now starting from day 1 the cameras will be on his party or whatever the whole time. BTW for the Thursday night portion is there anywhere we can view the draft online live?

I'd have to see if Tebow will allow that. He does love football does he not? So maybe he's such a good guy he wants to make sure other prospects get some attention? I donnow, could happen, right?

jnew76
04-13-2010, 01:34 PM
No Rolando McClain? That's a major oversight on the NFL's part.

This is only the confirmed attendies list. It is not finalized. Many players have other commitments, and or family gatherings to attend. Not all players are able to, or want too attend.

I am not positive McClain was invited, but I would guess that he was at least contacted by the league about attending and his status.

Splat
04-13-2010, 01:37 PM
I think I would rather be with my family, if your there your just going to get booed no matter who you are any ways dam New Yorkers.

Complex
04-13-2010, 01:44 PM
Jimmy Clausen the 1st pick in the NFL draft is not coming OMG

JRTPlaya21
04-13-2010, 02:33 PM
Cool to see Bey Bey going since he went to highschool by my grandma's house...umm Houston & Ghee....wow

49erNation85
04-13-2010, 05:02 PM
Tebow has enough media time to last the entire season During work outs and path to the drive shows he stated he wasn't showing up any ways. NO big deal to him .

marshallb
04-13-2010, 05:46 PM
Tebow has enough media time to last the entire season During work outs and path to the drive shows he stated he wasn't showing up any ways. NO big deal to him .

Never heard of "path to the drive", and that definitely doesn't sound like it's football related, so...

ericzedwards
04-13-2010, 09:07 PM
They'd find out where he is no matter what, he'll be with his family most likely.

There will be a continuous picture-in-picture of the Tebow household.

PoopSandwich
04-13-2010, 09:40 PM

Just mute it maybe. People are usually drunk and speculating about everything anyways and its a given that Berman will blurt something out like he always does to ruin it.

K Train
04-14-2010, 02:55 PM
now we have to listen to it for hours until hes picked

then we get to listen to it for hours after hes picked on the wonders he will bring to ______________'s organization

then we get to hear for years how ___________ should just start him and give him a chance because hes such a hard worker and he needs a chance to show what he can do

then we get to hear how he clearly isnt an NFL QB, he announce his retirement into broadcasting

then we get to actually hear TEBOW for years on MNF spreading the love of jesus

Aloysius
04-14-2010, 04:44 PM
I feel bad for the average fan of whatever team drafts Ghee. He's going to get so excited that the guy his team picked in the 2nd/3rd round is at the draft!, then he'll be wowed by the clips NFLN shows of Ghee running fast! at the Combine.

Only later will he realize how maddeningly inconsistent Ghee can be.