PDA

View Full Version : Proshoota25's Mock Draft Challenge 2010

proshoota25
04-17-2010, 05:55 PM
The draft is finally here! Now starts the mock draft challenge everybody has been waiting for, it is time to see who truly is the best Patriots Mockster!

This is the second year of the competition. Its time to dethrone Don Vito as last years champ!

Participants: Consistent posting Patriots Fans only. These only include: Raven of Prophecy, Jay, FlyingElvis, Don Vito, TNPatsFan, Nalej, Proshoota25, AntoinCD, Bigburt63, ElectricEye, nepg, cdf_2108, Babylon, hannah73, BradysKnee, gpngc, Bradyjackson12, Bostonsportlova, HellonEarth84, Cronin, luckyjackaubrey, mully, sdotcarter33,bhyg, Jvig43, sportslover, descendency, Razor, RealityCheck,bhyg, and Defsoul, WOOT DAWG!. (Private message me if you aren’t included)

Deadline: ALL MOCK DRAFTS ARE DUE BY 5 P.M. THURSDAY, NO
EXCEPTIONS! POST FINAL MOCKS IN THIS FORUM!

Rules: 1. We will be doing four rounds of mocking the Patriots potential moves. The picks are :

Round 1, Pick 22
Round 2, Pick 44
Round 2, Pick 47
Round 2, Pick 53
Round 4, Pick 119

2. We will NOT be calling any kind of trades. If a trade does occur (which will
almost 100% happen) we will still use the round, player, and position
scoring. (See below) If you do think a trade will happen, then put that
player that you are thinking we are targeting, just at the 22 spot. If a pick
is traded, the spot will be voided.

Scoring:
10 points for correct player selected
4 points for the correct player round predicted in
2 points for a correct position selected

(The following is an example mock draft from last year. I was too lazy to retype this again)

EXAMPLE MOCK DRAFT from 2009

Round 1, Pick 23: Percy Harvin, WR, Florida
Round 2, Pick 34: Alphonso Smith, CB, Wake Forest
Round 2, Pick 47: Rashard Johnson, S, Alabama
Round 2, Pick 58: Max Unger, OL, Oregon
Round 3, Pick 89: Jasper Brinkley, ILB, South Carolina
Round 3, Pick 97: Jairus Byrd, CB, Oregon

Actual Patriots Picks from 2009:

Round 1, Pick 23: Kenny Britt, WR, Rutgers
Round 2, Pick 34: Alphonso Smith, CB, Wake Forest
Round 2, Pick 47: William Moore, S, Missouri
Round 2, Pick 58: Rashard Johnson S, Alabama
Round 3, Pick 89: Max Unger, OL, Oregon
Round 3, Pick 97: Graham Gano, K, Florida State

Scoring:
Pick 23: You did not predict the right player. But you predicted the right
position. 2 points
Pick 34: Your predicted the right player, round, and position for this pick. 16
Pick 47: You did not predict the right player. You predicted right position. 2
Pick 58: You did predict this player to be drafted, but you did not get
the position you thought at this pick. You did get correct round. 14
Pick 89: You did predict the right player, but in the wrong round. Position is
correct for that spot. 12 points
Pick 97: You did not pick this player, position, or round for this pick. 0 points

Total Points: 46

This may be confusing, but I believe the system will work.

WINNER: Whoever has the most total points.

Prize: The winner will be able to proudly display the following sig until the next draft AND have the title “Patriots Master Mockster Challenge Champion” for an entire year!
http://i39.tinypic.com/14wdac9.jpg

If you have any questions, just post it in this forum so everyone can see. Have fun and may the best win! Hopefully we keep all of our picks...

FlyingElvis
04-19-2010, 08:54 AM
I'm in again. Must win . . .

proshoota25
04-19-2010, 09:21 AM
should be some good competition this year. all of the mocks will be all over the place. should be interesting

bhyg
04-21-2010, 01:05 PM
Sorry folks but you are about to look at the winning line-up

22. (first pick) Graham OLB/DE
44. (second pick) Alualu DE/DT
47. (third pick) Chaney LB
53. (fourth pick) Gerhart RB
119. (fifth pick) Tennant C/G

This is the first draft I won't be watching on TV or in person since the early 80's. I'm 6500 miles away and am praying that the power and the internet doesn't go out! It would be nice to have water also!

So to you my internet friends...enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!! I am living vicariously through you.

Razor
04-21-2010, 01:18 PM
Sorry folks but you are about to look at the winning line-up

22. (first pick) Graham OLB/DE
44. (second pick) Alualu DE/DT
47. (third pick) Chaney LB
53. (fourth pick) Gerhart RB
119. (fifth pick) Tennant C/G

This is the first draft I won't be watching on TV or in person since the early 80's. I'm 6500 miles away and am praying that the power and the internet doesn't go out! It would be nice to have water also!

So to you my internet friends...enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!! I am living vicariously through you.
If you live abroad you can just purchase the offseason GamePass. It also allows you to watch all the games from 2008 and 2009 and the America's Game series. Anyways, here's my draft:

22. Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas
44. Damian Williams, WR, USC
47. Linval Joseph, DE, ECU
53. Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida
119. Walter McFadden, CB, Auburn

I'm soooo going to get killed in this competition. :D

Don Vito
04-21-2010, 03:22 PM
Just here to reclaim my throne...probably not

22. Jared Odrick DE Penn St.
44. Rob Gronkowski TE Arizona
47. Ricky Sapp OLB Clemson
53. Dexter McCluster RB You Already Know
119. Mike Johnson OL Alabama

Bigburt63
04-21-2010, 06:29 PM
Well I might as well throw my hat into the ring:

22) Jahvid Best, RB Cal
44) Ricky Sapp, DE/OLB Clemson
47) Tyson Alualu, DT Cal
53) Tony Moeaki, TE Iowa

Going a little against the grain. A little unconventional you might say. But looking at last years challenge, one correct pick might take it.

Jvig43
04-21-2010, 07:51 PM
22. Jerry Hughes DE/OLB TCU
44. Patrick Robinson CB FL
47. Robert Gronkowski TE AZ
53. Tyson Alualu DE/DT Cal
119. Nic Richmond OT TCU

Ugh I hate trying to mock the Pats.

Bigburt63
04-21-2010, 09:53 PM
22. Jerry Hughes DE/OLB TCU
44. Patrick Robinson CB FL
47. Robert Gronkowski TE AZ
53. Tyson Alualu DE/DT Cal
119. Nic Richmond OT TCU

Ugh I hate trying to mock the Pats.

I know right? Everyone seems to have vastly different mocks, and with 4 picks this is just ridiculous.

Jvig43
04-21-2010, 09:56 PM
I doubt I get a single point haha.

BradysKnee
04-21-2010, 10:39 PM
22. Sergio Kindle, LB
44. Jermaine Gresham, TE
47. Corey Wootton, DE
53. Dexter McCluster, RB
119. Nic Richmond, OT

FlyingElvis
04-21-2010, 11:34 PM
A few of you have only the first 4 picks and are missing out on the shot at more points. Add in your 4th round guy - it's 4 rounds, not 4 picks. And please note: it took all the will I could muster to mention it and forgo the added advantage. :D

Round 1, Pick 22 - Jared Odrick, DE
Round 2, Pick 44 - Roger Saffold, OL
Round 2, Pick 47 - Rob Gronkowski, TE
Round 2, Pick 53 - Ricky Sapp, OLB
Round 4, Pick 119 - A.J. Jefferson, CB

So far I hope Jvig or BradysKnee win this thing. I'd be happy with either of those drafts, though I doubt Kindle makes it past 15.

TNPatsFan
04-21-2010, 11:48 PM
I have revised this in my mind a hundred times already so that's enough. Here it is. Prepare to be dazzled.. or appalled.

1(22) - Jerry Hughes, OLB, TCU
2(44) - Devin McCourty, CB, Rutgers
2(47) - Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida
2(53) - Mardy Gilyard, WR, Cincinnati
4(119) - Dennis Pitta, TE, BYU

* I don't think Kindle will be there at 22 and I don't think they'll take Odrick. I believe they will trade down from 22 and take an OLB, in this case Hughes. I believe they will go heavy defense in this draft, and I also believe they will end up with a third round pick somehow.

Jvig43
04-22-2010, 12:18 AM
Yeah I figured Kindle is going to be gone by then. Recently Odricks stock has been falling while Hughes has been rising, plus I think Hughes could be awesome for us. I doubt robinson is there when we pick at 44, but I figure with the Florida ties and the value if he does end up in the second wed take a shot at him. The others are fairly unanimous almost with everyone here. I would love Kindle, but his stock has flown up recently and I just dont see him getting to us. Mostly my picks are wishful thinking, I'm most likely going to get points for position rather then player. Either way, Im ******* pumped for the draft.

bhyg
04-22-2010, 04:53 AM
If you live abroad you can just purchase the offseason GamePass. It also allows you to watch all the games from 2008 and 2009 and the America's Game series. Anyways, here's my draft:

22. Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas
44. Damian Williams, WR, USC
47. Linval Joseph, DE, ECU
53. Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida
119. Walter McFadden, CB, Auburn

I'm soooo going to get killed in this competition. :D

Thank you for the advice but it is not available in West Africa. In fact I have Field Pass but the internet connection is so slow I can't even here the radio audio stream. The good thing is that my brothers get to use my season tickets...good for them anyway.

I think the PATS will trade up to get Graham if he lasts past 12. He will never last to 22.

AntoinCD
04-22-2010, 07:32 AM
Thinking recently they may go like this so I'm using this as my mock

1. Jared Odrick
2. Ricky Sapp
2. Perrish Cox
2. Montario Hardesty
4. Matt Tennant

Blackluck
04-22-2010, 07:53 AM
22. Jermaine Gresham, TE
44. Ricky Sapp, OLB
47. Tyson Alualu, DE
53. Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, CB
119. Brandon Spikes, ILB

Tough call between Odrick and Gresham, but I think Gresham is better value at that spot (assuming Gresham lasts that long.) Also solves the problem of the 3rd wide receiver, Holt notwithstanding.

Even though the offense is aging and the defense has gotten a lot younger, this draft is deep in defensive players and light on the offensive side. I agree with TNpats fan the chances are good we'll trade down, and pick up Hughes at OLB (in which case we'll end up with Grodowski (sp) at TE.)

Wootylicous
04-22-2010, 09:23 AM
Round 1, Pick 22 Sergio Kindle
Round 2, Pick 44 Mardy Gilyard
Round 2, Pick 47 Donald Butler
Round 2, Pick 53 Linval Joseph
Round 4, Pick 119 Dennis Pitta

Wootylicous
04-22-2010, 09:25 AM
btw I am a pats fan ! I should be included in the posters

:(

Don Vito
04-22-2010, 10:01 AM
woot my man just a heads you put Darius Butler in the second round I'm assuming you mean Donald Butler

Nalej
04-22-2010, 10:34 AM
1-S.Kindle- OLB
2-R.Gronkowski- TE
2-V.Ducasse- OL
2-L.Joseph- DE
4-L.Blount- RB

proshoota25
04-22-2010, 03:51 PM
putting mine in.....

1. Jared Odrick
2. Ricky Sapp
2. Aaron Hernandez
2. Chris Cook
4. Brandon Spikes

bhyg
04-22-2010, 05:26 PM
btw I am a pats fan ! I should be included in the posters

:(

Welcome to the club!

Wootylicous
04-22-2010, 11:28 PM
woot my man just a heads you put Darius Butler in the second round I'm assuming you mean Donald Butler

Yeah lol freakin typo !

Bigburt63
04-23-2010, 07:56 AM
So 0 points thus far?

FlyingElvis
04-23-2010, 11:13 AM
So far TNPats fan has 10 points for the correct player and 2 points for a correct position.

Every mock that has a CB to NE has 2 points for correct position, as well. IIRC, "2 points for a correct position selected" is not dependant at all on the correct player or round. So I get 2 points for my CB prediction for round 4 because we did draft a CB somewhere in the top 4 rounds. Same for anyone else with a CB in their mock.

Bigburt63
04-23-2010, 01:12 PM
Touche, I missed that. My bad TNPats

Don Vito
04-23-2010, 01:18 PM
That was a snipe. It's funny because a lot of people were talking about McCourty as a strong possibility, I did not see it coming.

Razor
04-23-2010, 01:37 PM
That was a snipe. It's funny because a lot of people were talking about McCourty as a strong possibility, I did not see it coming.

Haha, me neither... To me this came out of nowhere.

FlyingElvis
04-23-2010, 11:26 PM
TNPatsFan looking really good with both Spikes and McCourty. Still some wiggle room for a few of us if Sapp, Blount of a few of the other 4th round guys are selected.

It's much closer than last year. lol

Don Vito
04-24-2010, 01:36 PM
TNPatsFan and Proshoota both got a couple of picks right, nice

FlyingElvis
04-26-2010, 09:01 AM
I have revised this in my mind a hundred times already so that's enough. Here it is. Prepare to be dazzled.. or appalled.

1(22) - Jerry Hughes, OLB, TCU
2(44) - Devin McCourty, CB, Rutgers
2(47) - Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida
2(53) - Mardy Gilyard, WR, Cincinnati
4(119) - Dennis Pitta, TE, BYU

* I don't think Kindle will be there at 22 and I don't think they'll take Odrick. I believe they will trade down from 22 and take an OLB, in this case Hughes. I believe they will go heavy defense in this draft, and I also believe they will end up with a third round pick somehow.

putting mine in.....

1. Jared Odrick
2. Ricky Sapp
2. Aaron Hernandez
2. Chris Cook
4. Brandon Spikes

Scoring:
10 points for correct player selected
4 points for the correct player round predicted in
2 points for a correct position selected

Wow that's close. I think the win may be based on the only guy predicted in the correct round, but I'm not 100% on the scoring. My previous post about anyone with a CB anywhere in the draft scoring 2 points seems like it's wrong now that I look at it again. Perhaps I misinterpreted the rules? ;)

TNPatsFan
04-28-2010, 06:15 PM
Do I get any points for picking a TE in round 4 even though it was the wrong one? (I picked the one they shoulda taken and who got picked one spot after).

proshoota25
04-29-2010, 01:24 AM
TNPatsFan wins and its not close. He picked Spikes in the right round first of all, I did not guess any of my guys in their correct rounds. He also had us picking an OLB and a WR taken. I had a DE taken, which was not right. TNPatsFan is the winner this year

Don Vito
04-29-2010, 02:01 AM
http://www.getonmyspace.com/Images/Myspace_Comments/Congratulations_Comments/images/Congratulations_Comment_10.gif

Seriously though, nice job. Anyone who could have gotten a couple of picks correct out of this draft deserves a pat on the back, we could have gone in so many directions. Good work.

FlyingElvis
04-29-2010, 09:04 AM
Congrats again, TN. Yours if you want 'em.

Prize: The winner will be able to proudly display the following sig until the next draft AND have the title “Patriots Master Mockster Challenge Champion” for an entire year!
http://i39.tinypic.com/14wdac9.jpg

Cool, I was right about the 2 points earned for correct position anywhere in the draft.