PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Oakland Raiders Season Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Paranoidmoonduck
04-20-2010, 06:48 PM
This is the place to discuss all things Oakland for the upcoming 2010 season. All draft talk should be confined to the other appropriate threads, but after the 24th is over, this is the place to post!

In the mean time, the schedule for this year...

Preseason
August 12 : @ Dallas
August 19-23 : @ Chicago
August 26-29 : San Francisco
September 2 : Seattle

Regular Season
September 12 : @ Tennessee
September 19 : St. Louis
September 26 : @ Arizona
October 3 : Houston
October 10 : San Diego
October 17 : @ San Francisco
October 24 : @ Denver
October 31 : Seattle
November 7 : Kansas City
November 14 : BYE WEEK
November 21 : @ Pittsburgh
November 28 : Miami
December 5 : @ San Diego
December 12 : @ Jacksonville
December 19 : Denver
December 26 : Indianapolis
January 2 : @ Kansas City

(BOLD - Indicates home games, but might just as well indicate blackouts)

LookItsAlDavis
04-20-2010, 08:03 PM
Any primetime games?

04-20-2010, 08:21 PM
19th toughest schedule -- could've been much, much worse. If we don't make significant strides this season and come away with seven or eight victories then I'll be truly let down.

For a team with as many difficulties containing the run as we do, that is not the opening game I would've dreamed for. It'll give us a great barometer of where our team is defensively versus as balanced of an offensive attack as the Titans can potentially have on any given week.

EvilNixon
04-20-2010, 08:23 PM
Unless we get a nose, CJ is going to run wild.

Stash
04-20-2010, 08:28 PM
Gets a little tougher in the 2nd half, but overall it would appear to be a fairly easy schedule.

Paranoidmoonduck
04-21-2010, 12:23 AM
Any primetime games?

Not a single one.

RaiderNation
04-21-2010, 12:45 AM
This is a easy schedule. With the right picks we should be around .500

RaiderNation
04-27-2010, 08:15 PM
http://30for30.espn.com/film/straight-outta-la.html

Espn is doing a 30 for 30 show about the Raiders the impact they have had on LA. Ice Cube directing it should be a great watch. May 11th

Paranoidmoonduck
04-27-2010, 08:51 PM
If this wasn't already totally obvious...

Raiders coach Tom Cable says that quarterback Jason Campbell shouldn't assume that he'll be the starting quarterback in 2010.

Still, a source with knowledge of the situation tells us that, absent a complete meltdown by Campbell, he'll be the Week One starter for the Raiders.

So why is Cable throwing water on the anointment of Campbell? The likely explanation is that Cable is trying to instill a sense of competition in the offseason program and coming training camp. It's also possible that the Raiders want JaMarcus Russell to think that he'd have a chance to keep the job if he agrees to restructure a contract that currently pays him $3 million in guaranteed salary and $6.45 million in non-guaranteed salary.

Regardless, Campbell currently is in line to become the next starting quarterback -- and hopefully to provide the kind of leadership that the offense hasn't enjoyed since Rich Gannon retired.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/27/in-oakland-its-jason-campbells-job-to-lose/

RaiderNation
04-27-2010, 08:56 PM
I think we are a 7-9 or 8-8 team but if McFadden lives up to expectations and stays healthy I could seriously see us as a wild card team

Paranoidmoonduck
04-27-2010, 09:00 PM
Every single game on the schedule except the St. Louis one is going to be a fight, I know that much. It could turn out that some of the weaker teams on our schedule turn out to be Denver and KC, but those games are never walks in the park. At worst I think we split our games with those two and I think I'm willing to predict a win against Seattle too. That's 4 wins I'm pretty sure about.

The rest is a toss-up. It all depends on how much we improve and how much the playcalling on both sides of the ball progresses. If it reverts back to old tendencies, we're probably a 5 or 6 win team again.

RaiderNation
04-27-2010, 09:13 PM
Nice vids to watch about our draft and Jason Campbell

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d817d54c0/Raiders-report

http://player.theplatform.com/ps/player/pds/xJQFZGKlnR?pid=CNDFEJEZcLEr5vGGg85xeQx5qUVq1ZG5

RaiderNation
04-27-2010, 10:50 PM
Heres some news Ive heard. We have no interest in John Henderson so dont get your hopes up. We are waiting for teams to make more cuts then will add another DT. I dont have any DT's off the top my head that are expected to be cut though

Hermstheman83
04-27-2010, 11:06 PM
Ok, I typically don't like posting on other teams' boards(especially the raiders, most of you being illiterate and all, just kidding). but I think you guys had an amazing draft. McClain, two bookend tackles and legit QB. I wrote Oakland as a split this year for KC, but lilke one of you said, if you get mcfadden to live up to his hype and Cable can coach up his young tackles. I'd be a little worried about the raiders come september.

RaiderNation
04-27-2010, 11:51 PM
Heres a nice fact about Jared Veldheer. He didnt give up a single sack in his 4 years at Hillsdale

Donno
04-28-2010, 12:40 AM
Heres a nice fact about Jared Veldheer. He didnt give up a single sack in his 4 years at Hillsdale

That gives me alot of comfort lol. Hopefully our offense pans out this year.

RaiderNation
04-28-2010, 01:00 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/MASSHARDCORE/russell.jpg

Paranoidmoonduck
04-28-2010, 01:19 AM

Of course he was far too talented for his competition most of the time. He's going to be facing a massive jump in quality of opponents. That's the most important thing for him to cope with.

Paranoidmoonduck
04-28-2010, 01:53 AM
I was thinking about how Cable has been playing so coy about the defensive plans in Oakland (mostly because reporters keep asking about it). The things we know are that the Raiders plan to show a 4-man base front but that Groves and Wimbley have been referred to as both linebackers and defensive ends on varying occasions and that prior to drafting McClain they were the only defensive additions we had made, making them a fairly good indicator of a new defensive theory.

This is a bit of a shot in the dark, but here's what I think Oakland is planning to do. I think we're bringing back some form of the 46 defense.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m249/paranoidmoonduck/46.png

It makes too much sense. It won't be a base system, of course, but it'd clear up some confusion about positional remarks by Cable. Putting Houston at LE would suddenly be a necessary decision, since we'd need someone strong enough to anchor that edge and keep runners from breaking outside. It'd also give us a chance to use Mike Mitchell up at the LOS like he was used primarily last season. More importantly, it'd give guys like Scott, Wimbley, and Groves a chance to charge around the edge of the line and disrupt the play. It would, of course, place a ton of pressure on McClain, giving him a similar role to the one Singletary held when the Bears first introduced this defensive look. That said, intellectually and physically, I believe he's totally up to the task.

Once again, I'm not saying this'll be a base look or that it'll exactly mirror the generic 46 defense, but it fits our personnel and would make some sense of why the team went after a bunch of edge rushing linebacker but appeared to make no real effort to draft a 0-tech. Just a thought.

LookItsAlDavis
04-28-2010, 09:42 AM
That'll be great on passing downs, but nothing more. I thought we would run something along the lines of Rex's 46.

04-28-2010, 10:19 AM
PMD, that is a GENIUS post.

It had never crossed my mind, and with Al Davis and a good majority of the Raiders staff being such appreciators of football lore (like the infamous 46 Bears defense), it probably should have – because on the surface it does make much sense as you have said.

Although I would say that we have as great personnel as anyone to run this defensive scheme, even as a base defense, like the introduction (or reintroduction) of anything perceived to be “new”, it would take some time for everyone around the league to figure out how to stop it. The game is far more sophisticated than it was a quarter century ago, so in saying that, I could not safely bank on it to be successful for a full season.

What makes me believe that this system could be tremendously successful for our personnel, specifically, are the coverage abilities of our LBs. There will certainly be instances where we will line up in the 46 and only rush 3 linemen, dropping 8 back into coverage.

It leads me to begin questioning who the odd man out would be in this formation. I would bet on it being Huff. What I know about the 46 is that the two outside lineman and the lone free safety need to be good open-field tacklers, and I’m not sure Huff is a better fit for that role than Branch. Plus, it would allow for the maximization of Mitchell’s abilities this early in his career, because he isn’t, and may never be able to become, the prototype, well-rounded safety we envisioned when we overdrafted him; up at the LOS is exactly where he should be.

I would say that the use of this system should be entirely dependent on not just the situation, but the personnel of the opposing team. For example, it would be of great use against inexperienced TEs who would need to make instinctual decisions on whom to block, or likewise inexperienced QBs, who may not be prepared to react quick enough versus the added pressure. The head games this defense would pose for young QBs would be absolutely glorious to witness – this is not a scheme I would want to give Peyton Manning or Drew Brees a shot at figuring out.

This may very well be a mere one-year experiment, because once Nnamdi bolts that leaves us with no physical, capable man-to-man corners, which is an absolute necessity for this system to function.

locseti
04-28-2010, 01:59 PM
This is the place to discuss all things Oakland for the upcoming 2010 season. All draft talk should be confined to the other appropriate threads, but after the 24th is over, this is the place to post!

In the mean time, the schedule for this year...

Preseason
August 12 : @ Dallas
August 19-23 : @ Chicago
August 26-29 : San Francisco
September 2 : Seattle

Regular Season
September 12 : @ Tennessee
September 19 : St. Louis
September 26 : @ Arizona
October 3 : Houston
October 10 : San Diego
October 17 : @ San Francisco
October 24 : @ Denver
October 31 : Seattle
November 7 : Kansas City
November 14 : BYE WEEK
November 21 : @ Pittsburgh
November 28 : Miami
December 5 : @ San Diego
December 12 : @ Jacksonville
December 19 : Denver
December 26 : Indianapolis
January 2 : @ Kansas City

(BOLD - Indicates home games, but might just as well indicate blackouts)

My aunt gave me niner season tix this year (everyone in my family are niner fans - except me - and the season tix pass on to another member of the family each year) and I cant tell you how happy I am that the battle of the Bay will be played at the stick. The only question I have is I went to the last regular season meeting between these two and it was at Candlestick, how come the venue doesn't alternate? Is it because the Niners have to play a 'home game' overseas? Or they want the game to actually sell out?

yes, I will be selling the remaining tix on craigslist, and use the money to buy Raider Tickets.

RaiderNation
04-28-2010, 05:32 PM
So now reports are JaMarcus isnt going to be cut soon and will compete for the QB job. :(

slightlyaraiderfan
04-28-2010, 08:19 PM
So now reports are JaMarcus isnt going to be cut soon and will compete for the QB job. :(
Could it be that Davis finally was released from the cage and made this decision?

Stash
04-28-2010, 08:56 PM
That'll be great on passing downs, but nothing more. I thought we would run something along the lines of Rex's 46.
I think you meant to say it will be great on rushing downs. It is very dangerous on passing downs with one safety in the box, it would make us much more susceptible to a big play.

RaiderNation
04-29-2010, 01:08 AM
Anybody know where I can find our throwback away jerseys? Did they only sell them last year cuz it was the 50th anniversary?

NIN1984
04-29-2010, 10:46 AM
I'll be shocked if Russell doesn't get cut. Jason Campbell and Bruce Gradkowski will compete, I think they will bring out the best in each other... we have no time for JaMarcus Russell.

_YL_
04-29-2010, 12:39 PM
If the Raiders put Branch at FS in the 46 i won't turn out good he doesn't have the range like Michael Huff,With Huff you have someone that can play that center field and make up ground if he has too.

Paranoidmoonduck
04-29-2010, 01:09 PM
If the Raiders put Branch at FS in the 46 i won't turn out good he doesn't have the range like Michael Huff,With Huff you have someone that can play that center field and make up ground if he has too.

Branch was a corner who ran a 4.36 coming out of college. He's bulked up, to be sure, but I don't necessarily think he lacks range. Moreover, he can actually clean up runners who spring free, something Huff hasn't proven he can do.

RaiderNation
04-29-2010, 02:12 PM
Mitchell is suppose to see alot more time this year and we have to get Branch on the field. I could maybe see some 3 saftey sets with Mitchell as a OLB/SS type guy. I think Branch can adapt to FS if needed but he has shown that he can be one of the best young guys to play there right now in the NFL and moving him can hurt him

slightlyaraiderfan
04-29-2010, 03:35 PM
Next years defense is going to have 14 guys on the field.

EvilNixon
04-29-2010, 04:26 PM
Branch was a corner who ran a 4.36 coming out of college. He's bulked up, to be sure, but I don't necessarily think he lacks range. Moreover, he can actually clean up runners who spring free, something Huff hasn't proven he can do.

I don't think a 40 necessary relates to the range needed in a 46. That's a huge amount of ground to be able to cover. If we'd taken Taylor Mays, I'd be really comfortable with his ability to play there.

Paranoidmoonduck
04-29-2010, 06:14 PM
I don't think a 40 necessary relates to the range needed in a 46. That's a huge amount of ground to be able to cover. If we'd taken Taylor Mays, I'd be really comfortable with his ability to play there.

I guess? I mean, the main reason people aren't worried about Mays' range is because he ran in the 4.3's. He doesn't flip his hips particularly amazingly or anything, although he does track the ball well. But Branch had the speed, hips, and tracking ability to play FS coming out of college and while the added weight could effect that, I'd be a little surprised.

Last year was the first year Huff was asked to play a FS position (that includes college). He's not exactly worldly at that spot.

RaiderNation
04-30-2010, 01:38 AM
PNO6On7cK1M

I love JaMarcus. These pics were taken 4/25/10

http://atlantasroyalphotography.smugmug.com/NIGHT-LIFE/3710-Velvet-Room/P3143905/811112132_RKktA-M.jpg
http://atlantasroyalphotography.smugmug.com/NIGHT-LIFE/3710-Velvet-Room/IMG2597/811085040_NNYH4-M.jpg
http://atlantasroyalphotography.smugmug.com/NIGHT-LIFE/3710-Velvet-Room/IMG2768/811085579_CmNbS-M.jpg

04-30-2010, 07:59 AM
It never gets old for some reason. He's a lost cause.

Minicamp opens today! I can't wait to see those pics.

SwagU
04-30-2010, 12:46 PM
Is it just me or is J-Roc close with every fat rapper?

RaiderNation
04-30-2010, 01:43 PM
So JaMarcus is as camp and looks in shape somewhat.

_YL_
04-30-2010, 03:54 PM
Man so im on a few Raider message boards and after 1 practice session with no defense and people are starting to support him wow like WOW

RaiderNation
04-30-2010, 04:27 PM
Got great news. Richard Seymour is absent from camp... but according to Tom Cable it is because we are working on a long term contract. Sign him up 3 or 4 years sounds about right to me

Paranoidmoonduck
04-30-2010, 04:29 PM
That's fantastic news. Keeping Seymour around for the long term would be a huge step forward. Who knows, maybe if Oakland can take 2nd in the division and be a competitor for the wildcard, negotiating a new contract for Asomugha would be a possibility.

RaiderNation
04-30-2010, 04:39 PM
Veldheer has already been working at LT so far today, Campbell at RG.

DHB is looking good with his hands but its against no defense....

Chaz isnt praticing... hurt again? :(

1st team D: JRich, Kelly, Bryant, Shaughnessy on DL; Wimbley, McClain, Scott at LB; CJ and Nnamdi at CB; Branch, Huff at S

Lamarr Houston being looked at left end

Routt on the field, means he signed the tender

Gallery is on the field after back surgery. Good sign

Familiar sight, Nick Miller not praticing

Paranoidmoonduck
04-30-2010, 04:40 PM
It'd be cool to see Desmond Bryant make an impact this year.

RaiderNation
04-30-2010, 04:41 PM
Video of JaMarcus after practice

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d817e2fbd&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Video of Rolando McClain addressing the media for the first time. Sounds great

http://www.raiders.com/media-vault/videos/Rolando-McClain-Press-Conference/4edb0097-c047-404c-8a4d-90ef399de869

Ladies and gentleman Jason Campbell

http://i41.tinypic.com/35bwbqq.jpg

RaiderNation
04-30-2010, 04:47 PM
It'd be cool to see Desmond Bryant make an impact this year.

Ya hopefully he can be in the rotation more. I liked what I saw from him last year he could end up a decent UT

RaiderNation
04-30-2010, 04:48 PM
Man so im on a few Raider message boards and after 1 practice session with no defense and people are starting to support him wow like WOW

Lol thats what Ive been seeing to. **** I support who ever gives us the best opportunity to win, if Russell gets his **** together it could be him. Still want to see him keep this up though.

RaiderNation
04-30-2010, 04:56 PM
Also I would follow Jerry McDonald if you guys want up todate raiders news on all the practices.

http://twitter.com/jerrymcd

_YL_
04-30-2010, 07:11 PM
Now since its official that Campbell will be a RG for this year im interested to see how it pans out now he has to learn how to play in a diffident stance he is a injury away from being the starter and could he really beat out coop who has slowly decreased his play since his first year.He has a lot to learn so I hope he is up to it.

But one thing I like about him being a RG right now is that we can swing him out when we do toss plays and actually take advantage of his speed.

But just from day 1 I just get the feeling J.Valdheer will be ether the LT or RT opening day.

Komp
05-01-2010, 11:53 AM
Does the thought of Wimbley or Scott trying to cover RB's coming out of the backfield scare anyone else?

RaiderNation
05-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Does the thought of Wimbley or Scott trying to cover RB's coming out of the backfield scare anyone else?

Wimbley yes but no to Scott. He looked good last year doing it

EvilNixon
05-01-2010, 12:28 PM
I like Scott's fluidity, but I'd rather Howard do it.

I want JaMarcus to succeed badly, but stop talking and just ******* do it!!!!

05-01-2010, 12:29 PM

Don't forget we still have Howard who will see the field from time to time. Scott proved he's worthy of being an every down player and was surprisingly not a liability in any situation. Scott, if I'm not mistaken, ran a 4.6 coming out of UB and is quite fluid in space.

EvilNixon
05-01-2010, 12:33 PM
He's got a great frame. It's remarkable how he went from a solid pass rushing end to our best LB in a few weeks.

Paranoidmoonduck
05-01-2010, 01:59 PM
He's got a great frame. It's remarkable how he went from a solid pass rushing end to our best LB in a few weeks.

Well, he was a TE during most of his Buffalo career. Dude can move.

RaiderNation
05-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Still to many drops from our WRs

EvilNixon
05-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Watching practices???

RaiderNation
05-01-2010, 02:52 PM
From the reports Im reading it seems like it.

EvilNixon
05-01-2010, 02:54 PM
Meh. DHB dropping any?

RaiderNation
05-01-2010, 02:57 PM
Meh. DHB dropping any?

Ya but they said he looks better from last year though.

RaiderNation
05-01-2010, 03:40 PM
Seymour hasnt signed a contract yet but sources say things are moving in the right direction and theres a good chance he will show up for practice tomarrow

RaiderNation
05-02-2010, 01:58 PM
Meet the 2010 Raiders Draft Class
http://prod.static.raiders.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/zip/2010/05-May/050110-camp-pm1/050110-camp-pm3--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

RaiderNation
05-02-2010, 02:28 PM
Ah, the cut blocking, dive at knee-level drill . . . yep, zone system will still have its place
http://twitter.com/Jerrymcd

Paranoidmoonduck
05-02-2010, 02:30 PM
Well there you go, although I guess Campbell playing RG in the 2nd team should have been the most obvious tipoff.

RaiderNation
05-02-2010, 04:25 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/12935/video-russell-and-the-raiders

Outside the Lines Video on JaMarcus Russell

RaiderNation
05-02-2010, 04:44 PM
IDK if there is any truth to this but Adam Shefter said there is a rumor of Nnamdi to Baltimore?

You said strictly rumor about Nmandi to BLT but heard it again from Ravens employee. Still hearing nothing? ... Not happening.

Stash
05-02-2010, 05:25 PM
IDK if there is any truth to this but Adam Shefter said there is a rumor of Nnamdi to Baltimore?
I wonder what we'd get in return? Suggs? Ngata? Maybe I'm dreaming.

thenewfeature06
05-02-2010, 05:31 PM
I wonder what we'd get in return? Suggs? Ngata? Maybe I'm dreaming.

first round draft pick? Wouldnt even want to do that. We cant start our secondary over Id be pissed. Ngata would be insane but unrealistic Suggs maybe but we have too many LBS and DEs right now as it is. Give us Gaither and Fox, or Webb?

EvilNixon
05-02-2010, 05:32 PM
I wouldn't be mad with Jared Gaither and a 2nd..

Paranoidmoonduck
05-02-2010, 05:37 PM
I wouldn't be mad with Jared Gaither and a 2nd..

I would. Before the draft, before we took Veldheer and Campbell, maybe I would have bought into it. But Gaither is a UFA after this season and if you ask me who I'd rather have one year of, it's Asomugha by a ******* mile.

EvilNixon
05-02-2010, 06:49 PM
I would. Before the draft, before we took Veldheer and Campbell, maybe I would have bought into it. But Gaither is a UFA after this season and if you ask me who I'd rather have one year of, it's Asomugha by a ******* mile.

Gaither would step in and give us the best LT we've had in a very long time. It takes a ton of pressure off Veldheer to develop faster. Not to mention he's younger so locking him up long term would be a great idea.

SwagU
05-02-2010, 07:56 PM
I would rather start one of our current LT's then trade away Nnamdi, and have to start one of our other CB's. I think Nnamdi's value to our team completely trumps Gaither's. IDK about any of you, but I still think there is a good chance we can sign Aso long term. We are atleast showing we have a want to win now attitude, and that is one thing that he really wanted the franchise to show him.

EvilNixon
05-02-2010, 08:27 PM
We're not going to win in his prime, and he's just going to be another overpaid over the hill player. Why not get a great young LT and a draft pick? Gaither would be a huge piece to the puzzle on O.

thenewfeature06
05-02-2010, 08:33 PM
I would rather start one of our current LT's then trade away Nnamdi, and have to start one of our other CB's. I think Nnamdi's value to our team completely trumps Gaither's. IDK about any of you, but I still think there is a good chance we can sign Aso long term. We are atleast showing we have a want to win now attitude, and that is one thing that he really wanted the franchise to show him.

Agreed. And Evilnixon you make a great point but drafting 2 OL plays a huge roll in this. I want Aso and we could go to the playoffs while he is here, it is about coaching and drive for success, the talent is there obviously. Like I said I would want a huge package.. something like Gaither, Webb and a 3rd or4th.

EvilNixon
05-02-2010, 08:36 PM
I just don't believe Veldheer or Campbell will be as good as Gaither is right now, and he's only 24 years old. I think I value lineman more than most, but this is a blue chip player and can solidify our LT spot for 10 years. I can't pass that up, but Al can and will.

thenewfeature06
05-02-2010, 08:38 PM
I just don't believe Veldheer or Campbell will be as good as Gaither is right now, and he's only 24 years old. I think I value lineman more than most, but this is a blue chip player and can solidify our LT spot for 10 years. I can't pass that up, but Al can and will.

O I agree I just think drafting two makes it harder to believe we make a move like trading him.

EvilNixon
05-02-2010, 08:41 PM
I agree it won't happen, but it should. Let the other 2 develop, then trade em later on. I wish we would've went G or NT instead of going for 2 tackles that are so far away from contributing.

SwagU
05-02-2010, 08:48 PM
We're not going to win in his prime, and he's just going to be another overpaid over the hill player. Why not get a great young LT and a draft pick? Gaither would be a huge piece to the puzzle on O.

Dude come on do you know how important Aso is in our D? The guy completely shuts one side of the field down, and is arguably a top 10 defensive player. What are you talking about we will never win with him in his prime, the guys is 28 and people already feel we can be a Wild Card team. I like Gaither, but with drafting two Tackles it makes little sense to trade for him now.

EvilNixon
05-02-2010, 09:00 PM
We're not a wild card team. Even I have fallen into that thinking, but we lack talent at too many positions. We have 1 capable starter on the line(Gallery) and he's an above average run blocker and a terrible pass protector. We have no Nose tackle. No CB to start opposite Nnamdi. No consistent receiving threat outside of Zach Miller, and a mediocre pass rush. This team is 2 good drafts from being a good team. Nnamdi will be 30 by then. His value won't be nearly as high, and he'll be overpaid. I'd rather the good young tackle to really boost the rebuilding process. I feel like this team,specifically the lines need to be blown up. We lack considerable talent at DT and OT,OG,C.

RaiderNation
05-03-2010, 12:29 AM
The Raiders have moved Khalif Barnes inside to guard.

Langston Walker has already won Oakland's right tackle job. Barnes will be a swing reserve if he makes the final roster, backing up as many as four positions. He won't beat out LG Robert Gallery or RG Cooper Carlisle.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3164

I believe the part where he moves to guard, but I dont think Langston has won the RT job

NotoRussell
05-03-2010, 04:03 AM
i wouldnt trade Aso for Gaither and here is the points why:

1. Aso is one of the top2 CBs in the NFL and Gaither is not even a top 10 LT in this league, hes not even the best OL in Baltimore.

2. if we give up Aso we will only have Johnson and Routt as starters. are you kidding me?!! they are nickel corners at best, so we will not only suck on the left side but on the right side too, not to mention the fact that our run support really sucked last season;-)
i prefer Veldheer or even Henderson as starter at LT before i see Routt and Johnson as only CB starters.

the only player i would trade Aso for is Ngata, but it wont happen because Ngata is the key of Baltimore D, beside Ray "Suggar" Lewis.

so i hope that Aso wont be traded otherwise i will be really pissed off because this offseason looks so great till this point.

05-03-2010, 07:45 AM
Gaither is exactly the type of player the organization is forcibly shying away from in its attempt to instill this overall team ethic concept. I don't think he makes much sense here anyways, notably because we haven't officially moved past the ZBS, and because we have two young tackles (Veldheer, Henderson) whom the coaching staff are expected to start.

EvilNixon
05-03-2010, 08:03 AM
Gaither is exactly the type of player the organization is forcibly shying away from in its attempt to instill this overall team ethic concept. I don't think he makes much sense here anyways, notably because we haven't officially moved past the ZBS, and because we have two young tackles (Veldheer, Henderson) whom the coaching staff are expected to start.

If we're instilling this overall "team concept", why is JaMarcus on the team? Or Tommy Kelly?

For a tackle of Gaither's quality, I would just go power blocking since we already have the LG for it. Do you honestly believe Mario" if you can't touch em hold em" Henderson and a raw 3rd round pick from a small school would be better than Gaither now or ever?

05-03-2010, 08:19 AM
If we're instilling this overall "team concept", why is JaMarcus on the team? Or Tommy Kelly?

For a tackle of Gaither's quality, I would just go power blocking since we already have the LG for it. Do you honestly believe Mario" if you can't touch em hold em" Henderson and a raw 3rd round pick from a small school would be better than Gaither now or ever?

1. Al Davis
2. Money

And no I don't think Henderson will ever amount to anything. Veldheer certainly could be on par with Gaither sooner than expected, even as promptly as a year or two from now, and this small school BS is overstated as far as I'm concerned. Veldheer dominating his competition for four years at a DII school is more than equal to anything Gaither did at Maryland. They're both tall, quick-footed finesse blockers in a big man's body. I'd trust Cable to get as much (or more) out of Veldheer as whatever the Baltimore coaching staff got out of Gaither; his work ethic (or lack thereof) being the sole reason.

thenewfeature06
05-03-2010, 08:27 AM
Just now saw Walter McFadden is the younger brother of Bryant McFadden, good football blood I guess to a degree, but hopefully he turns out better than that bum. :D

Paranoidmoonduck
05-03-2010, 09:22 AM

Ever? Sure. Gaither is good, but there's a real reason Baltimore was trying to trade him and no one bit. Moreover, Gaither ain't a power blocker. Dude is one of the better pass protectors in the league, but he gets pretty poor push in the run game. He's too tall to get particularly good leverage.

So yeah, I think that both Veldheer and Campbell have easily as good potential as Gaither did coming out of Maryland.

thenewfeature06
05-03-2010, 11:00 AM
Jamarcus looking the best? Haha not buying much into that but it is interesting.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/387335-oakland-raiders-summary-of-minicamp?comment_id=2222908

Paranoidmoonduck
05-03-2010, 11:25 AM
Read the whole thing. Russell had a strong first day then laid an egg on the next two and got almost no snaps the last day.

thenewfeature06
05-03-2010, 11:39 AM
Yeah I continued on that haha. Interesting article as a whole.

YAYareaRB
05-03-2010, 11:50 AM
I'm kinda loving the Raiders because they picked a very close friend of mines.. Manase Tonga. Bravo Raiders Bravo

RaiderNation
05-03-2010, 04:39 PM
So JaMarcus had a bad practice yesterday. Good news?

Paranoidmoonduck
05-03-2010, 08:24 PM

Great news.

05-04-2010, 07:29 AM

It's no news. How 'bout that?

The only way I can see any relevance with this is that with every bad practice he is one step closer to being another bum on the streets. Business aside, this is no news.

RaiderNation
05-05-2010, 11:08 AM
Still need to add a big DT. Henderson is still on the market.

05-05-2010, 11:23 AM
Still need to add a big DT. Henderson is still on the market.

Here's hoping Kellen Heard becomes this year's Desmond Bryant and contributes as a rotational player, at the very least, because we desperately need a young body to emerge into that role; that's asking for a lot, though.

thenewfeature06
05-05-2010, 11:25 AM
Is Cofield still on the market?

05-05-2010, 11:33 AM
Is Cofield still on the market?

I believe he would be for a third rounder or so next season. The rumor was that the team was close to trading him to the Saints on draft day for a second-day pick (2nd/3rd). My personal opinion was that I thought they would be more inclined to keeping the defensive line intact after deciding against trading Osi, as that was the driving force behind their Super Bowl run a few years ago.

Abaddon
05-06-2010, 01:18 PM
Desmond Bryant is penciled in as a starting DT. If that gets put down in ink, I think McClain's bid for DRotY is screwed, along with the run defense.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/thumbnails/54/small_subtle_facepalm.png

Paranoidmoonduck
05-06-2010, 01:22 PM
I thought that was just because Seymour wasn't at camp.

EvilNixon
05-06-2010, 01:31 PM
I thought that was just because Seymour wasn't at camp.

Either way, neither of those guys can handle a guard and a center which is what our Nose is going to need to do.

Paranoidmoonduck
05-06-2010, 01:44 PM
Either way, neither of those guys can handle a guard and a center which is what our Nose is going to need to do.

Honestly, a large part of Oakland's problems stopping the run have had to do with outside containment and filling gaps more than lack of stout play. Kelly and Warren weren't great last year, but they weren't giving tons of ground in the run game.

Obviously we don't have the personnel to run a strict 1-tech/3-tech scheme. It'll likely be two 2-techs most of the time, although I suspect that Houston will see some time playing a 3-tech in nickel packages. Seymour is easily strong enough to play a 2-tech role and he controls gaps expertly. As for Kelly, I'm less than thrilled with another year of him, but when he works up the energy the guy can be hard to block. We'll be seeing probably a pretty heavy rotation with Seymour seeing the most total snaps. I suspect that Kellen Heard is, at best, a practice squad player for the time being.

Seymour can occasionally bring inside pressure, which is going to have to be enough. With the number of edge rushers that Oakland has right now, I think a working pass rush can be crafted with what's in place.

slightlyaraiderfan
05-06-2010, 04:27 PM
Never thought i'd be so happy after releasing a player. What a **** up that was.

Paranoidmoonduck
05-06-2010, 05:45 PM
Holy crap, we're free. FREE!

Abaddon
05-06-2010, 06:02 PM
MLK just put on his Raiders cap and started doing an Arsenio style fist pump.

Free at ******* last.

slightlyaraiderfan
05-06-2010, 06:42 PM
For a while I thought Al would make sure we didn't cut Russell for some stupid/stubborn reason. Really happy he is no longer around!

thenewfeature06
05-06-2010, 06:45 PM
I am going to be mad if the Pats sign him.. think long term? As fas as Bradys age and injury.

Michael Wilbon said maybe they take a shot I dont see it but Id be super pissed if he turned out.

Don Vito
05-06-2010, 07:00 PM
I don't think we'll see JaMarcus in New England any time soon, that was just speculation on Wilbon's part.

EvilNixon
05-06-2010, 07:03 PM
We need a young guy to develop while the line gets upgraded.

05-06-2010, 07:23 PM
We need a young guy to develop while the line gets upgraded.

I'm still kinda let down that we didn't draft Kafka (even after the Campbell trade) before the Eagles did. I see him as an efficient game manager type with a few years of seasoning; that's more than what could be said for the majority of players at his position in this year's draft class. What a crappy draft if you were looking for a QB to develop.

Stash
05-06-2010, 08:19 PM
Best news ever.

RaiderNation
05-06-2010, 10:47 PM
Raiders day tomarrow wear your gear!!! Its a holliday for us fans.

Komp
05-08-2010, 07:52 AM
Let's not forget that Cambell is only 25 years old....If he performs well this year I don't think we are in dire straits if we wait a year or so to get a development QB....

NIN1984
05-08-2010, 09:40 AM
is Wimbley a will or sam?

RaiderNation
05-08-2010, 12:40 PM
Wimbley is our SLB I believe

Paranoidmoonduck
05-08-2010, 02:12 PM
Let's not forget that Cambell is only 25 years old....If he performs well this year I don't think we are in dire straits if we wait a year or so to get a development QB....

Campbell is 28, actually.

RaiderNation
05-08-2010, 04:21 PM
Heres what gets me excited for the upcoming season. Looking at Baltimores RB stats, Ray rice had 1300+ yards rushing with 7 tds along with 78 catches for 700+ yards and 1 td. Im 99% sure Darren McFadden is going to be used similar to Ray Rice as a option for running and catching for alot of yards. Looking at DMC's highlights over his short career here alot of his big plays were off screens and swing passes. I expect if he is healthy to be our go to option on offence and probably will have the most catches on the team(maybe 2nd to Miller...)

Then looking at Willis McGahee he had 500+ yards and 12 tds. Michael Bush will likely be our power back again but I expect him to get more running attempts than McGahee did for Baltimore since Bush has shown he is our best running back so far.

RaiderNation
05-09-2010, 05:51 PM
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/blackmagik22/Russell_Released.gif

slightlyaraiderfan
05-09-2010, 06:14 PM
haha that's great/sad

Abaddon
05-09-2010, 09:35 PM
Still a great offseason, despite the lack of O-line upgrades. A veteran WR and a vet OL sure would be a nice thing.

RaiderNation
05-10-2010, 12:11 AM
I dont see any WR or OL that can really help us now and the future. Terrel Owens on our roster means we have to a cut/ less playing time for a young WR. Flozel Adams was the most flagged OT in the league I believe.

Abaddon
05-10-2010, 12:54 AM
Would cutting Todd Watkins to make room for TO really be that bad?

RaiderNation
05-10-2010, 01:00 AM

Less playing time for Schilens, Murphy and DHB. And it would be a matter of time of him bitching at us about not getting the ball. Its been awhile since he has bitched so he is due for one of those seasons

Paranoidmoonduck
05-10-2010, 01:14 AM

Worse than cutting Higgins or Holland, in my estimation. Watkins has largely been the most consistent backup on the team and with Schilens in a state of questionable health constantly I don't think it'd be wise to cut him.

RaiderNation
05-10-2010, 01:32 AM
JLH should be the first WR to go with Ford coming in and likely taking over the punt return duties and maybe a similar role as JLH would have for us. Also Rock Cartwright coming in as a returner too

Komp
05-10-2010, 07:46 AM
I'd rather see us developing DHB as a deep threat than renting TO for a couple years. Personally I'd rather not see TO in Oakland unless he is wearing an opponents jersey...

My bad on Campbell's age, I thought he was quite a bit younger...

RaiderNation
05-10-2010, 04:29 PM
Reports are Desmond Bryant is around 310lbs. Maybe we are thinking he can turn into our NT?

05-10-2010, 04:53 PM
Does anyone remember what Bryant's listed playing weight was during last season? I thought it was sub-280, which calls into question whether such a substantial weight gain is really a good idea.

RaiderNation
05-10-2010, 04:54 PM
I think he was listed at 295

Actually was 290

http://www.nfl.com/players/desmondbryant/profile?id=BRY332277

Also here is something interesting I read:
According to profootallfocus.com statistics, Michael Bush ranked second in the NFL behind Kansas City’s Jamal Charles with 3.4 yards per carry after first contact. Darren McFadden was ranked 38th out of 61 qualifiers at 2.4 yards after contact, which was actually a slight improvement from his 2.1 figure as a rookie.

RaiderNation
05-10-2010, 11:50 PM
This is VERY wishfull thinking but could we be gearing up to trade for Albert Haynesworth? He didnt show up to camp for the Redskins camp and Tom Cable said we are waiting to address the DT again. Who thought we were going to trade for Richard Seymour a week before the season? It makes great sense to bring him in as our NT and would complete our defense. We could restructure the deal to pay him most his contract this year since its an up capped year. Also he got paid most his bonus last season so we wouldnt have to pay that. Send them a 3rd for the 2011 draft and another pick depending on his play for the 2012 draft? We already made one move this off season with them and its known Al likes to deal with the same teams(Patriots). Al asked about Vince Wilfork when we dealed for Seymour so maybe Al told the Redskins that if they want to deal him just give him a call.

Abaddon
05-11-2010, 12:02 AM
No way they're going to bulk up a college DE and make him a NT. An under tackle, maybe. Although, whatever they do with him, he's still not a viable starter.

Such an odd D-line. Seymour and Houston still appear to be DEs, despite the fact that both are better suited inside. Training camp is going to be real interesting this year.

Paranoidmoonduck
05-11-2010, 12:04 AM
I'd welcome Haynesworth with open arms. I don't expect it to happen though.

RaiderNation
05-11-2010, 12:04 AM
No way they're going to bulk up a college DE and make him a NT. An under tackle, maybe. Although, whatever they do with him, he's still not a viable starter.

Such an odd D-line. Seymour and Houston still appear to be DEs, despite the fact that both are better suited inside. Training camp is going to be real interesting this year.

Im thinking we are running the same principals as a 3-4, just with 4 dlinemen and 2 rushers instead of 3 dlinemen

05-11-2010, 08:49 AM
Who would you guys rather see manning the slot position more this season, Higgins or Ford?

EvilNixon
05-11-2010, 08:54 AM
Higgins really stepped back last year. He can still get seperation, but in the slot is where hands are absolutely crucial. Whoever holds onto the ball should play it IMO. Has Nick Miller been recovering?

05-11-2010, 09:12 AM
I don't even think Miller saw the field at all in minicamp. One of Ford's greater attributes after his speed is said to be his hands, so he may be the ideal fit. Campbell does like to feed the ball over the middle, and one can look no further than the three straight 50+ catch seasons put up by Randel El, while with the Skins.

LookItsAlDavis
05-11-2010, 01:34 PM
Why not Murphy? If Campbell is so prone to passing to the slot guy, why not put our best receiver there?

RaiderNation
05-11-2010, 01:41 PM
I expect JLH and Miller to be cut if Ford can take over the return duties.

RaiderNation
05-11-2010, 01:42 PM
Why not Murphy? If Campbell is so prone to passing to the slot guy, why not put our best receiver there?

He probably will be there with Al wants DHB to start and if Schilens can stay healthy

locseti
05-11-2010, 03:31 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hKDfPjRTqso&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hKDfPjRTqso&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Here is the future of our backfield. One thing I've always noticed about McFadden's running style is that he seems to seek out contact. Its like hes trying to prove a point to the naysayers who felt he and his chicken legs werent stout enough to take a pounding at the NFL level. Instead of trying to juke or outrun defenders, he tries to take them head on. Once again, it is pretty evident in these clips. It usually ends with him getting stood up, as this style does not cater to his strengths.

I really believe the coaching staff should sit him down and tell him to try to utilize his speed and quickness more, as opposed to his power. Hes a strong kid, and that stiff arm on LaRon Landry is priceless, but he would be better served trying to run around defenders rather than through them. I know some of this falls on the coaching staff, because alot of what Cable preaches is toughness, but when you have a talent like mcFacdden, you dont need to encourage him to try and take defenders head on in space.

Lets leave the truck stick to Big Bush. It is easy to see from these clips that when he is in space, he makes the decision on whether to run through/juke defenders based on momentum and angles, as oppossed to mcfadden, who it seems like always tries to take on the defender, even if juking or stutter stepping would equal more yards. In the tampa bay games, there are instances where Bush is in the open field, and one play he cutbacks and scores, and another play he puts his head down and carries three defenders 5 more yards. I hope McFadden can be the lightning to bushes thunder this year- that coupled with a legitimate threat to pass and a decent oline should equal a formidable running game for the Raiders this year.

RaiderNation
05-12-2010, 12:15 AM
Anybody watch Straight Outta LA?

RaiderNation
05-12-2010, 08:29 PM
http://www.sbreport.net/raider_news/008/3592.html

Some quotes from Tom Cable on NFL Network today...

On Rebuilding:

Well I think, you know, we are not so far away now. We are very competitive now. Primarily, is to get our young guys to grow up. We’ve kind of gotten a little bit younger in the last year and a half, at the same time, more talented, which is a key.

On the Richard Seymour acquisition:

When we first got Richard last year, he jumped right into that role. A guy in the league for quite some time; he’s won the world championship a number of times, been to the pro-bowl a number of times…

He’s come in and showed this young team how you prepare, how you take notes, how you work every week, how you take care of your body, you know, all the things that are really critical to being good for a long period of time. He was fantastic with that.

On key issues being addressed this off-season:

I think there’s two things. Confidence number one, and number two is ball security and the turnover takeaway deal, which effects the entire football team. Those are the two big things that need to get done for this team to take the next step.

On running back Darren McFadden:

I hope so. I think he’s been so close and then an injury issue comes up. He’s not been able to stay healthy for an extended period of time. He’s flashed. Big time flash. But I hope he’s ready to put it all together, we need him to.

Is this his team?

Yeah, I think going into last year I did. The ’08 thing was a lot of work, a lot of adversity, a lot of things getting used to. I was a [offensive] line coach one minute, the next minute I’m coaching the line and coaching the whole team. So you kind of, get through that, to survive. You try to improve it and the last six weeks of ’08 we played pretty good football and last year, we didn’t get off to the start we wanted to and I think that’s a key in this league.

But I certainly think its my team.

On the playoffs and Al Davis’ patience:

He’s not at all. You know, and shouldn’t be and neither am I. That’s what I see this team being in 2010. That’s a team that can get to the playoffs. That’s the next step.

NIN1984
05-13-2010, 11:55 AM
30 for 30 was amazing. I'll keep that on my DVR for a long time.

Abaddon
05-13-2010, 02:23 PM
Upload it so I can get a copy. :D

RaiderNation
05-13-2010, 05:23 PM
Its wasnt great but it was a good watch. It focussed on Ice Cube and Hip Hop a little to long for my taste but I expect him to do that a little. It could have been better but I enjoyed it

RaiderNation
05-13-2010, 08:25 PM
IDK if you guys care or not since as of now we dont have a 1st round pick but heres my early 2011 mock draft

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41262

_YL_
05-13-2010, 09:13 PM
I watched it a little bit and the one thing that hit me isn't Snoop Dog at Pittsburgh fan cause I always see him in a big Ben jersey or a hat.He doesn't wear the silver and black for the right reason.

RaiderNation
05-13-2010, 11:13 PM
He is a bandwagoner. Once we start winning again you will see alot of celebs and even your friends all of a sudden become fans.

RaiderNation
05-18-2010, 04:45 PM
http://www.sbreport.net/raider_news/008/3650.html

Oakland Raiders head coach Tom Cable made an appearance on the Murph and Mac show on KNBR 680 this morning. The coach talked about various topics, including the start of the OTA today and his quarterback situation. Here’s a transcript of some of the interview:

About the Organized Team Activities:

We start our OTA practices today. And we’ll go Tuesday and Wednesday and Thursday this week, the same next week and it I’ll be about a lot of situations and kind of just putting the team back together again. Getting the rookies caught up and kind of advance where we at on offense and defense.

About attendance and the voluntary nature of OTAs:

The most important thing about OTAs is taking the bottom half of your team and raising its level. You’ll like to have everyone here, but it’s not the most important thing right now. You want your young guys here and your guys that you felt like, maybe you drafted a year ago that are still developing. Those are really the most important guys. But certainly having as many as you can make sit easier to do as many drills and situations as you can.

About the attendance of the draft picks:

They all are here.

About Roland McClain:

Well, I think that he fits a very important issue for us in trying to make our front seven better on defense, in terms of stopping the run and getting better, letting the secondary be able to perform on third down. So it was a big need.

What we got him from him was a guy who is a champion. He comes from a very good program, he’s been taught well his mind sight is whatever it takes and he’ll work all day. So I think is a breath of fresh air that you got a young guy in here that is committed to working and to being good.

About Jason Campbell and whether he’s the starter:

Jason is here. We’ll have Jason, Charlie Frye, Kyle Boller – all three of those guys will get work. Probably, pretty equal amount of work as we go here. Then when we get to camp, really at Napa, that’s when the competition will really get going.

On Bruce Gradkowski’s status:

Well he is [still injured]. He’s coming along fine and the [pectoral muscle] should be healed. He’ll be done, ready in time for camp certainly, but he’s here every day working and learning, but physically he won’t do anything until we go to camp.

About the wide receivers and how Campbell at QB will help:

Well, I think its going to be a little of both. You know, first of all, you got Chaz Schilens, you got Johnnie Lee Higgins, and then you got Louis [Murphy] and Darrius [Heyward-Bey] who you already mentioned, and when you look at those guys, they are all a year older. Johnnie and Chaz are really just third year guys and then you got Darrius and Louis being second year guys. So their maturity is going to happen just by being in the league and understanding what it takes to perform at this level, how to take care of your body, how to study, all those little things. Then you put a guy like Jason in the mix with them, who literally, if they wanted to go out and throw balls all day, he’ll go out with them, play catch, throw routes, work on ball handling, whatever- they are all kind of gym rats.

slightlyaraiderfan
05-19-2010, 01:01 PM
JerryMc at Raiders OTA and posting updates on twitter as usual

RaiderNation
05-19-2010, 02:06 PM
Heres some twitter updates...

Walker still working as first team RT. Barnes second team LG

For what it's worth, probably nothing, Bush gets first carry, McFadden second in team drills

Nick Miller is practicing. Havent seen him on field since training camp

Players absent: Lechler, Seabass, CJohnson, Daniels, BCampbell, Shaugnessy, Seymour, Houston. Schilens, Gradkowski here, no practice

Notable absences possibly affected by graduation rule: Bruce Campbell, Lemarr Houston. Cable told KNBR Monday all draft picks were here

http://twitter.com/Jerrymcd

RaiderNation
05-24-2010, 04:11 PM
One thing Im confused about is who our starting DE's are going to be. Is Seymour going to play DT or DE? I know Shaughnessy will start but does Houston or Seymour start on the other side?

EvilNixon
05-24-2010, 04:13 PM
Houston needs to stay outside. We need experience inside or a huge body. Seymour fits.

RaiderNation
05-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Houston needs to stay outside. We need experience inside or a huge body. Seymour fits.

I just cant see Al having Seymour listed as the starter though at DT. We have UDFA Kellen Heard at 355lbs on the roster as of now but other than him we have no size at DT

EvilNixon
05-24-2010, 04:20 PM
Rolando is going to have to be stout. Gerrard Warren was mediocre, but he's the only serviceable DT we had last year. We had a shot at Cam Thomas repeatedly and passed. That irked the hell out of me.

Abaddon
05-24-2010, 09:35 PM
One thing Im confused about is who our starting DE's are going to be. Is Seymour going to play DT or DE? I know Shaughnessy will start but does Houston or Seymour start on the other side?

Gotta convince him to sign before they can play him anywhere.

He and Houston both are miscast a 43 ends. This is going to be one screwball defense. But, that's nothing new around here.

Abaddon
05-24-2010, 09:46 PM
Rolando is going to have to be stout. Gerrard Warren was mediocre, but he's the only serviceable DT we had last year. We had a shot at Cam Thomas repeatedly and passed. That irked the hell out of me.

Not that great a prospect imo

Komp
05-24-2010, 10:31 PM
Gotta convince him to sign before they can play him anywhere.

He and Houston both are miscast a 43 ends. This is going to be one screwball defense. But, that's nothing new around here.

Yah it seems like we are trying to make up for our lack of size at the NT position by having larger LB's and DE's....While I'm worried that we don't have a single big man in the middle that will consume two blockers, it will be interesting to see how opposing tackles do against someone like Houston who may not be a speed demon, but is most likely a lot stronger than most traditional DE's. I personally don't think it is going to work at all, once the OT's get the initial contact, I think Houston will be playing catch up from that point on, not generating much of a consistent pass rush.

Abaddon
05-25-2010, 03:46 AM
Nevermind the sacrifice they're making in pass coverage playing DEs at both OLB spots. Should be the screwiest 4-3 defense since Tyler Brayton and Grant Irons were the starting OLBs.

05-25-2010, 07:46 AM
Nevermind the sacrifice they're making in pass coverage playing DEs at both OLB spots. Should be the screwiest 4-3 defense since Tyler Brayton and Grant Irons were the starting OLBs.

I'd be worried about Wimbley. Scott was our best LB in coverage last year, and that's not a subtle comment either; he was a very impressive every-down player for us, despite his minimal experience and practice time at the position.

_YL_
05-25-2010, 06:12 PM
Scott,Wimbley and Groves are nothing like Irons and Brayton.

RaiderNation
05-25-2010, 09:14 PM
So are they saying Groves is a WLB right? or a SLB? Because if he is a WLB does that mean Howard moves to SLB for passing downs I assume?

Abaddon
05-26-2010, 12:30 AM
Scott,Wimbley and Groves are nothing like Irons and Brayton.

They're converted DEs playing LB in a 4-3 defense. I wouldn't trust any of the 4 of them to man up on a HB with any sort of ability as a route runner.

Scott showed some encouraging man coverage ability, but he's still extremely raw. Expecting that he'll only get better assumes that the rest of the league is incapable of exploiting his lack of experience. I don't believe it will be that easy.

And if Wimbley is playing on the strong side more often than not, then we very well should expect some matchup disadvantages.

_YL_
05-26-2010, 02:59 PM
I understand the concerns of Wimbley and Scott and even Groves on coverage but I highly doubt they will be covering anybody a lot.IF Marshall is able to call his game plan both of those guys will be blitzing like crazy of the edges like Julian Peterson and Leroy Hill.Something Thomas Howard is incapable of doing Howard will be used still but only in obvious passing downs.I think having 2 Safety's who can cover will help out a lot too with the tE's and RB's is it gonna be great right off the bat most likely not but I think by 4 games into it Wimbley and Scott will be playing some good football.

But there is something that makes me like Groves a lot and makes me think he is gonna have a good year.If anybody is gonna take over for Scott and be the full time WLB it will be Groves.

RaiderNation
05-26-2010, 03:02 PM
Rumor is if Chris Johnson doesnt have a season like he had in 2008 then we could see Huff becoming a CB and Branch moved to FS and Mitchell to SS. It probably wouldnt happen until like half way into the season if the move is made

05-26-2010, 03:51 PM
Michael Huff never had the hip fluidity to make the switch. I doubt things would change five years into his playing career.

Paranoidmoonduck
05-26-2010, 04:37 PM
See, I thought Huff had the hips to play corner in college and was surprised that the general opinion once he hits the pros what that he didn't. I know he was getting some snaps at corner during the OTA's and if he's looked decent then I'd honestly be fine with it. He'd get picked on mercilessly to start off though.

My question is what about Routt? He played well in the stints and he was tendered quite highly considering his lack of starts the past two years. If both he and Johnson aren't showing anything, why didn't Oakland target a cornerback sooner in the draft?

RaiderNation
05-26-2010, 07:21 PM
Well according to reports DHB had his best practice ever today not dropping a single ball and even beating Nnamdi Asomugha once for a big gain. Great news if he keeps up with the hard work, he will turn out to be a nice WR. Also love the reports of OC Hue Jackson really getting at the offence and defense. Talking trash and challenging both young and vet players.

_YL_
05-26-2010, 10:25 PM
I like to see Huff at CB,I think he has the tools to succeed at CB and it putting him at CB gives us the opportunity to put the best out there with ASO,Huff,Branch and Mitchelle

RaiderNation
05-26-2010, 11:07 PM
Well I think one way or the other we should draft a CB pretty high next year since its not known if Nnamdi will stay and Chris Johnson is getting old. I like Walter McFadden but it will take him awhile to make an impact on D and probably will be a special teams guy at first.

But I do believe if we end up performing better this year and get Seymour to sign long term that Nnamdi will stay atleast another year.

Paranoidmoonduck
05-26-2010, 11:22 PM
It's up to the team whether Nnamdi stay another year. They'll just have to pay him around 20 million to do so.

I get the feeling that the only real way Scrabble stays around after this season is if he's willing to negotiate another deal and the only way he does that is if he feels that this team will actually go somewhere. Put simply, this team needs to take large strides this year to keep it's best player. If not, I doubt Al is willing to dish out elite quarterback money for Nnamdi nor do I think Nnamdi will let Oakland talk him out of his "get out of jail" contract.

Best possible situation if we suck again this year is that Al takes the team option then offers Nnamdi to a team that both parties agree to for compensation and the promise of a restructured contract.

thenewfeature06
05-27-2010, 03:57 PM
I actually hope Hue Jackson eventually comes the HC..

Paranoidmoonduck
05-27-2010, 04:26 PM

It would certainly appear that if Jackson can produce a significant change in the offense this year that he'll have a similar status to the one Cable had when he was hired from positional coach to head coach. That said, the reason Jackson came to Oakland was because of Cable. They've worked together off and on for the last two decades. I don't think that if Jackson takes a head coaching job that it would be to replace a really close friend.

However, more specifically, I'm not clear that I would want Jackson relegated to the administrative roles of a head coach instead of just focusing on getting the offense ready each week. Cable has proved to be good at handling the media, good at dealing with Al Davis, and generally pretty apt at handling the role of a head coach. Jackson is one of the most promising guys we've put into a coordinator role in years, I'm not really looking forward to removing him from that role.

If Jackson does become a HC, and he may, I would bet it's not with Oakland. That said, the longer we keep Cable around the longer Jackson will be here too.

05-27-2010, 04:32 PM
On the radar: Chaz Schilens

By Bill Williamson

A player, coach or issue that should be on your radar as training camp approaches.

One of the reasons for hope in Oakland is young receiver Chaz Schilens. The seventh-round pick in 2008 has shown nice flashes. Many league observers think he has a chance to develop into a solid No. 1 receiver. He is the best of Oakland’s several young receivers.

He has good hands. He’s big, fast and runs good routes. And he’s still learning. His upside is very high.

However, there is also a major injury concern. Schilens is still feeling the effects of a broken foot he suffered during training camp last year. He missed several games because of the surgically repaired foot. Then he had a follow-up surgery this offseason because of complications. He is expected to miss the rest of the offseason workouts, and he isn’t expected to be ready until training camp.

This isn’t disastrous news, but NFL teams have OTAs for a reason -- Schilens is missing valuable time. He has a new offensive coordinator, Hue Jackson, and he has to find a rhythm with new quarterback Jason Campbell. These things can be addressed during training camp, but it would be helpful for Schilens to have this time to work with the rest of the offense.

The biggest concern is if the foot will cause him any more problems during training camp. Two surgeries should do the trick. But the fact that he is still bothered by the injury nine months after it happened is cause for concern.

Oakland has to keep close tabs on Schilens and hope he is 100 percent once training camp arrives in late July. The Raiders are better team with Schilens than without him.

Link (http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/23812/on-the-radar-chaz-schilens)

I saw this and I thought I'd post it here.

Paranoidmoonduck
05-27-2010, 05:09 PM
If Schilens can stay healthy, I think he'd prove to be the very best value draft pick Oakland has made in quite a while. He's one of those instances where taking undeveloped triangle number guys later on can really pay off.

Just for fun...
DcoeBLki_YY

RaiderNation
05-27-2010, 05:53 PM

Funny thing is when this first happened and I read about him I kind of felt he would become our head coach down the line. Maybe Cable gets up to say a 8-8 record for like a few years in a row but never gets the job done to be in the playoffs and Al makes Hue the head coach? All I know is if Hue fixes our offence he will get alot of interviews

RaiderNation
05-27-2010, 06:05 PM
Heres some good news

Raiders' left tackle prefers Campbell's footwork to Russell's
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 27, 2010 12:11 PM ET
We previously noted that Raiders wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey may have a better year in 2010 because he'll be playing with a better quarterback. The same could be true of Raiders left tackle Mario Henderson.

Speaking with reporters at the Raiders' organized team activities, Henderson praised new quarterback Jason Campbell for having the proper footwork when he drops back to pass -- making it easier for Henderson to know how to block for him. And while Henderson didn't criticize JaMarcus Russell by name, his comments suggest that he found it frustrating to block for Russell.

"Now I can get adjusted as to where [Campbell] steps up in the pocket, [and] I know he's accurate, as far if it's a seven-step drop, I know he'll take seven; if it's five, I know he's going to take five," Henderson said. "That's good to be accurate."

While Russell suffered from lethargy addiction, Henderson praises the hard work and study habits of Campbell.

"For him to be able to come here, be able to grasp the offense and take control of it as fast as he did, it's amazing," Henderson said of Campbell. "It just goes to show you the type of guy he is and the type of hard worker and studier he is."

Just as Russell's three years in Oakland showed the type of hard worker and studier he is.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/27/raiders-left-tackle-prefers-campbells-footwork-to-russells/

Seems like if Russell isnt their then we have confidence in our team(example Bruce Gradkowski of all people making us look like a decent team last year). Expecting big things this year, hopefully Im not let down again

Also I guess we are suing JaMarcus for 9mil. You can read more in the NFL section on here

bernbabybern820
05-27-2010, 08:39 PM
DHB also apparently had his best practice ever yesterday and didn't drop anything. He even made a move on Nnamdi after a catch.

EvilNixon
05-27-2010, 08:44 PM
Mario Henderson needs to shut his garbage mouth. He was terrible when Grad and Frye were in too.

thenewfeature06
06-02-2010, 11:00 AM
OJ Atogwe is a FA now because the Rams failed to re tender him..

PLEASE come to Oakland.. don't we have enough $ to throw at him?

Paranoidmoonduck
06-02-2010, 02:45 PM
Oakland seems pretty happy with their safeties right now. Huff played decently last year and obviously they are happy with Branch. Who knows if the rumors about Huff making a shift to corner have an real basis, but even in that case it looks like that would be to get Mike Mitchell on the field more.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to get Atogwe, but I doubt Oakland gets into a bidding war over the guy.

RaiderNation
06-02-2010, 03:26 PM
Doesnt make alot of since unless we forsure move Huff to CB

HindSight
06-03-2010, 11:49 AM
Heres some good news

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/27/raiders-left-tackle-prefers-campbells-footwork-to-russells/

Seems like if Russell isnt their then we have confidence in our team(example Bruce Gradkowski of all people making us look like a decent team last year). Expecting big things this year, hopefully Im not let down again

Also I guess we are suing JaMarcus for 9mil. You can read more in the NFL section on here
While Russell suffered from lethargy addictionlol
people are still quoting this as fact.

RaiderNation
06-09-2010, 07:29 PM
Some notes from todays OTA's:

-Defensive back Stanford Routt missed action with a tight back.
-Quarterback Bruce Gradkowski will miss action till training camp, while he continues to rehab his pectoral injury.
-Right tackle Langston Walker went through a procedure to fix an ailment in his elbow. He’s expected to be back on the field during training camp.
-Richard Seymour, Tommy Kelly, Nnamdi Asomugha, Shane Lechler, Sebastian Janikowski are some Raiders that were not in attendance.
-Rookie Lamarr Houston continues to be aggressive and boisterous this spring, this time, going after veteran Samson Satele.
-Darrius Heyward-Bey had another solid outing, beating rookie CB Walter McFadden and looking good getting into the end zone on a few tosses

Paranoidmoonduck
06-09-2010, 07:35 PM
The team has also lost two OTA days according to Jerry McDonald. I can only assume this is for contact during what are technically supposed to be non-contact drills.

bernbabybern820
06-11-2010, 12:40 PM
We just signed John Henderson to a one year deal according to Adam Schefter!

killxswitch
06-11-2010, 01:07 PM
Congrats on getting Henderson. If he plays hard he is a top DT. He and Stroud were a nightmare for the Colts a few years ago.

RaiderNation
06-11-2010, 03:08 PM
Oh **** this is great news if he can play like he is expected to we will have a very nice dline. Id love to see it like this

Shaughnessy
Seymour
Henderson
Houston

Balance of big bodies and pass rush. Seymour played his best inside last year and if Shaughnessy keeps up what he did last year he should be alright since he will likely see 1 on 1 every time. Houston is there to stop the run to the right and possibly get some pressure and Henderson is the big NT we have needed

EvilNixon
06-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Henderson fell off, but he's still better than what he had last year.

RaiderNation
06-12-2010, 01:12 PM
My early 53 man roster and depth chart

QB Campbell/Gradkowski/Frye
RB Bush/McFadden/Cartwright
FB Tonga/Moline
WR Schilens/Watkins/Ford
TE Miller/Stewart/Myers
LT Henderson/Pears
LG Gallery/Barnes
C Satele/Morris
RG Carlisle/Campbell
RT Veldheer/Walker
WR Heyward-Bey/Murphy

DE Seymour/Houston
DT Henderson/Heard
DT Kelly/Bryant
DE Shaughnessy/Richardson

SLB Wimbley/Groves
MLB McClain/Brown/Ekejiuba
WLB Scott/Howard

CB Asomugha/McFadden/Ware
SS Branch/Mitchell
FS Huff/Eugene
CB Johnson/Routt

K Janikowski
P Lechler
LS Condo

KR Cartwright
PR Ford

My guess on situational stuff:
Passing downs
DE Shaughnessy
DT Seymour
DT Kelly/Bryant
DE Groves/Scott

SLB Scott/Wimbley
MLB McClain
WLB Howard

EvilNixon
06-12-2010, 01:52 PM
I honestly wouldn't mind Veldheer at LT. I mean, you can't get much worse than Mario Henderson.

Paranoidmoonduck
06-12-2010, 03:44 PM
I'd be surprised if Heard makes the final roster. I've heard nothing particularly positive about besides his size. I'd also be shocked if McFadden winds up snagging the nickel back position. I think Oakland would move Huff over and have a safety tandem of Branch and Mitchell before putting McFadden out there. He may ultimately snag the position, but he hasn't been great so far.

If the team thinks Veldheer can be decent as a pass blocker and better as a run blocker than Henderson, I'm all for it. The run game is what Oakland needs to have happen this year and Veldheer appears to have the strength that Henderson lacks. We'll see if Carlisle can hold onto his spot too; we shouldn't discount the possibility that Walker's superior size will be considered a plus considering that Satele is less than stout and every other team in our division runs a 34.

It appears that Oakland wants to have a large RE. That's fine and all, but please let it be the young and quick Houston and please move Seymour inside. Seymour is only an inside pass rusher, something he couldn't do from the defensive end spot and still be able to hold the edge against the run. There's going to be a lot of uncertainty on that Oakland defense when it comes to holding the edge against the run and how the linebackers play the pass. I suspect that the safeties are going to be asked to help in short coverage a lot and hopefully Scott and Wimbley will be set free to generate pressure.

RaiderNation
06-12-2010, 04:20 PM
It makes total sense to put Seymour inside at UT at all time but I just dont see it happening. Al wants him listed as a DE

Id love for Veldheer to take the LT spot, but I think he wont until later on in the season probably. Get him some playing time on the other side to get used to the speed of the game then slide him over

As to Heard not making the roster, I dont see any other DT to slot in the 4th spot. Joseph, Boschetti and Cooper are old and seem to just be camp players while Heard has some potential with his size and probably would only be used on short yard downs.

bernbabybern820
06-13-2010, 11:20 AM
I'd be surprised if Heard makes the final roster. I've heard nothing particularly positive about besides his size. I'd also be shocked if McFadden winds up snagging the nickel back position. I think Oakland would move Huff over and have a safety tandem of Branch and Mitchell before putting McFadden out there. He may ultimately snag the position, but he hasn't been great so far.

If the team thinks Veldheer can be decent as a pass blocker and better as a run blocker than Henderson, I'm all for it. The run game is what Oakland needs to have happen this year and Veldheer appears to have the strength that Henderson lacks. We'll see if Carlisle can hold onto his spot too; we shouldn't discount the possibility that Walker's superior size will be considered a plus considering that Satele is less than stout and every other team in our division runs a 34.

It appears that Oakland wants to have a large RE. That's fine and all, but please let it be the young and quick Houston and please move Seymour inside. Seymour is only an inside pass rusher, something he couldn't do from the defensive end spot and still be able to hold the edge against the run. There's going to be a lot of uncertainty on that Oakland defense when it comes to holding the edge against the run and how the linebackers play the pass. I suspect that the safeties are going to be asked to help in short coverage a lot and hopefully Scott and Wimbley will be set free to generate pressure.

Walker is running as the first team RT right now so he may not even play guard.

RaiderNation
06-13-2010, 02:56 PM
I think Walker is a better fit inside though with his huge body compared to playing outside against fast rushers. If I got to pick Id go like this

LT Henderson
LG Gallery
C Satele
RG Walker
RT Veldheer

If Henderson struggles switch Veldheer to the left and let Henderson and Walker battle for the RT and if Walker gets it then either Carlisle or Campbell go to RG

EvilNixon
06-13-2010, 03:25 PM
Walker just wasn't that effective at G last year because he was so tall. Him as a backup Tackle is best.

RaiderNation
06-13-2010, 09:07 PM
Looks like we were going to trade for John Henderson and offered a 5th rounder for him but the Jags wanted a 4th... now we got him for free

_YL_
06-13-2010, 10:37 PM
I would love to see Veldheer start at RT for the first game but im not positive it will happen

Abaddon
06-15-2010, 02:09 PM
Walker is the best option the team has at RT right now. I think he could do pretty well, actually.

RaiderNation
06-16-2010, 02:23 PM
I just want to see Veldheer start somewhere on the line. I have very high hopes for him and with Cable working with the line more he could turn into a very good LT

Paranoidmoonduck
06-16-2010, 03:34 PM
The biggest issue for him is that he's making about as big a leap in competition talent as a player can make. He's going to greatly benefit from NFL conditioning and getting lots of snaps in TC. He simply dominated at Hillsdale (I don't believe he gave up a sack during his entire career there), but now he's going to have to face Richard Seymour.

I want him to come along quickly too, but I sort of suspect he won't start until after week 8 at the soonest.

Paranoidmoonduck
06-19-2010, 03:25 PM
Seymour signed his franchise tender today. He's getting $12.4 million this year.

_YL_
06-21-2010, 05:40 PM
Like i said before I would love to see Jared Veldheer start right away but just not sure how likely it will happen.I think Bruce Campbell will start before Veldheer cause his transition to OG is easier and I think the Raiders are hoping he can beat out coop.

Paranoidmoonduck
06-21-2010, 07:02 PM
Everything I've read indicates that Campbell is struggling to transition to guard. I'm not really sure what we're doing there. I don't often question Cable when it comes to offensive linemen, but Campbell is so clearly a tackle to me and I don't really get trying him inside even if it is just to get snaps.

Carlisle is old but he's a ZBS pro who can run block quite well. Campbell would have to show some savvy to de-throne him.

TACKLE
06-21-2010, 07:09 PM
Everything I've read indicates that Campbell is struggling to transition to guard. I'm not really sure what we're doing there. I don't often question Cable when it comes to offensive linemen, but Campbell is so clearly a tackle to me and I don't really get trying him inside even if it is just to get snaps.

Carlisle is old but he's a ZBS pro who can run block quite well. Campbell would have to show some savvy to de-throne him.

There trying to move Campbell to guard? I don't like that move at all.

Paranoidmoonduck
06-21-2010, 07:39 PM
There trying to move Campbell to guard? I don't like that move at all.

Not permanently. The thought process was that Oakland has a lot of tackles competing right now (Henderson, Veldheer, Walker, Barnes, and Pears) and it looks right now like Henderson has a strong hold on the LT job. That leaves 3 or 4 guys to battle for RT even without Campbell. The coaches know Campbell will take some developing, but they want him to get some snaps in the run-up to the season, and there's not much sitting behind Gallery and Carlisle at guard.

I think that maybe Cable is also thinking that while Campbell was pretty good kicking out at Maryland, he struggled when he played in a phone booth, so guard gives him a shot at working out those kinks without being expected to start anywhere right now. Best case scenario is he develops quickly and beats Carlisle out, worst case scenario is he gets a shot at RT next year when Walker and Barnes are gone and Henderson may not come back (assuming Mario can even keep his job through this season).

I don't think it's a permanent move, more of a teaching move, but I think it could be risky.

_YL_
06-21-2010, 07:54 PM

Oakland Raiders OG Bruce Campbell has been coming along nicely during offseason practices at his new position of offensive guard, reports Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, according to managing general partner Al Davis. Campbell has a tendency to play a little bit high, but the team is impressed with him. He just needs to improve on his knee bends.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/player/22286/nfl#ixzz0rXT07xID

Paranoidmoonduck
06-21-2010, 08:00 PM
Oakland Raiders OL Bruce Campbell said his transition from an offensive tackle in college to a guard in the NFL has been a bit of a struggle so far, reports Jerry McDonald, of ANG Newspapers. "I was a left tackle, now I'm playing right guard," Campbell said. "It's a totally different experience. I'm used to space on the outside. Now I'm on the inside with a lot of help. People would say it's easier, but I don't see it being easier right now."

I'm gonna believe Campbell way before I believe Davis.

_YL_
06-21-2010, 08:25 PM
That was posted like a week after he got drafted first time playing OG some time has passed since that but we shall wait and see then

RaiderNation
06-21-2010, 08:30 PM
Albert Haynesworth still being rumored to maybe be a target of ours... I wouldnt mind it if its not for alot. Albert and Henderson rotate at NT..... nice

Stash
06-21-2010, 09:26 PM

I've pretty much felt the same about Campbell. To me tall and lanky = OT, not guard. The guy is pretty athletic for a lineman and those skills would be best used on the outside, although he obviously he needs a lot of polish. Hopefully the guard thing is only temporary.

Paranoidmoonduck
06-21-2010, 09:31 PM
If we can get him for a 3rd or 4th rounder and he's willing to stick with his current contract, I'd make the deal. There's basically no guaranteed money left, so cutting him would be absolutely free. Pay him as long as he produces and no longer.

If he wants to renegotiate and the Redskins price is too high, I really don't see the point. Haynesworth might be good, but he'd also certainly be a headache at some point, and considering he was complaining before his first season with Washington was even finished, I'm not sure it would be more than a 1 or 2 year rental.

RaiderNation
06-21-2010, 11:32 PM
Reason why Campbell is being worked at OG is one to get on the field and I also think they are going to pull the guards more like the Jets do.

RaiderNation
06-22-2010, 08:07 PM
We should sign Kevin Mawae. Gives Satele good compitition in camp and Im pretty sure we are going to either sign or draft a center high next year if Al stays like he was this off season. Mawae still has some left in the take and would sure up the middle of the oline for a year.

Paranoidmoonduck
06-22-2010, 08:09 PM
Mawae, like John Henderson, would be one of those guys who's not even guaranteed to make it through camp, but if he wants to give it a shot in Oakland it would be hard not to welcome him.

Satele certainly isn't anything special.

RaiderNation
06-22-2010, 08:12 PM
Im sure it will only take a min contract to get him signed this late in the offseason. **** it see if he has anything left in the tank and if not cut ties with him and go with Satele

EvilNixon
06-22-2010, 08:12 PM
We need a big C...everyone in our division runs the 3-4. I hate ZBS anyway.

bkolaski0
06-23-2010, 05:35 PM
Who else do we have at center besides chris morris?? Because other than that i couldnt think of anyone. Morris is more of a backup he didnt impress me at all he was in last year

RaiderNation
06-23-2010, 05:38 PM
Samson Satele

bkolaski0
06-24-2010, 05:54 PM
he was hurt last year and even when he was healthy he seemed completely ineffective

RaiderNation
06-30-2010, 03:02 PM
No posts in here for about a week....

Heres the Madden ratings for the Raiders

http://espn.go.com/videogames/madden11?teamId=23

thenewfeature06
06-30-2010, 03:25 PM
Sometimes I hate these ratings haha. Jacoby Ford is better than 60 overall.

RaiderNation
06-30-2010, 05:15 PM
Bruce Campbell rated higher than Veldheer

06-30-2010, 09:39 PM
The Samson Satele rating was the absolute worst that I saw there.

NotoRussell
07-01-2010, 05:31 AM
i hate the LaMarr Houston rating, only 70overall and 77STR, this guy is a beast and he should get at least 85+ at strength after 30+bench press.

bkolaski0
07-01-2010, 06:59 PM
i think McClain is a lil slower than i would like but i totally think houston's strength should be rated higher

_YL_
07-02-2010, 01:05 PM
If you like defense and good with the sticks the raider defense is gonna be nasty then.

thenewfeature06
07-12-2010, 01:56 PM
Hey guys did a quick off the top of my head projection on the best case scenario for us..

@ Tennessee Titans – L
St. Louis Rams – W
@ Arizona Cardinals – W
Houston Texans – W
San Diego Chargers – L
@ San Francisco – L
@ Denver – W
Seattle Seahawks – W
Kansas City Chiefs – W
@ Pittsburgh – L
Miami Dolphins – W
@ San Diego Chargers – L
@ Jacksonville – W
Denver Broncos – L
Indianapolis Colts – L
@ Kansas City - W

RaiderNation
07-12-2010, 02:00 PM
Dont know if anybody saw but we signed Bruce Campbell and Jared Veldheer

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5gH5naaI1-tkZpgc_LlvD9pq2GMOg

RaiderNation
07-12-2010, 02:01 PM
@ Tennessee Titans – L
St. Louis Rams – W
@ Arizona Cardinals – W
Houston Texans – L
San Diego Chargers – L
@ San Francisco – L
@ Denver – W
Seattle Seahawks – W
Kansas City Chiefs – W
@ Pittsburgh – L
Miami Dolphins – L
@ San Diego Chargers – L
@ Jacksonville – W
Denver Broncos – W
Indianapolis Colts – L
@ Kansas City - W

8-8

Paranoidmoonduck
07-12-2010, 02:03 PM
Going .500 looks so attainable if this team can get off to a good start and keep some consistency.

thenewfeature06
07-12-2010, 02:14 PM
Thats the thing I think we won't have to me but will still win games is consistency, is Cushing going to be out for that game? I like our chances in that game after losing to them last year and maybe Campbell will have his breakout game against that young secondary.. I am hoping

Paranoidmoonduck
07-12-2010, 02:15 PM
It's going to be difficult if we continue to refuse to put Asomugha exclusively on primary targets like Andre Johnson. Chris Johnson will get eaten alive if he has to cover him for a significant amount of time.

thenewfeature06
07-12-2010, 04:48 PM
O no doubt about it he needs to be locked up on those guys and then let Mcclain run the rest of the defense which I am confident he can do. Aso could potetially win us games against MIA, INDY?! take Reggie Wayne out.. still won't happen, um Vincent twice a year, Dwayne Bowe (meh), Fitz and even Crabs..

Donno
07-12-2010, 05:51 PM
I honestly don't know what to expect of this offense now, we have changed some things and the line doesn't look half bad. Its all up to Jason Campbell and that Oline

RaiderNation
07-12-2010, 05:56 PM
I still think teams like Houston, Miami and Arizona have the edge over us, but we have upset alot of teams over the past 2 seasons so anything is possible. 7-9 or better will make me very happy.

_YL_
07-12-2010, 06:54 PM
Not really scared of Arizona only thing that causes some concern is there defense line Campbell,Williams,Dockett that is beastly on so many levels but there LB's and Secondary are the weak points and no more Warner and no more Boldin so your able to put all ur focus on Fitz.

bkolaski0
07-13-2010, 06:36 AM
I could see that happening but i also could see us sweeping kc and denver and pulling a upset against SD and pitt

Rob S
07-13-2010, 09:56 PM
Chaz Schillins for fantasy purposes as a sleeper this year, yea or nay?

Paranoidmoonduck
07-13-2010, 10:32 PM
He's really risky, but yeah, he could surprise.

bkolaski0
07-13-2010, 11:55 PM
As long as he stays healthy i say yeah. What do you guys think about bush??

bkolaski0
07-16-2010, 02:02 AM
will jay richardson make the team??

Paranoidmoonduck
07-16-2010, 02:03 AM
Why wouldn't he?

RaiderNation
07-16-2010, 04:48 PM
We have signed Walter McFadden, Travis Goethel and Jeremy Ware

bkolaski0
07-17-2010, 03:59 AM
So now its just McClain Houston and Ford that have yet to sign right??

RaiderNation
07-19-2010, 03:33 PM
Ford signed today....

Shahin
07-19-2010, 03:44 PM
Have they mentioned anything about Aso covering the top guys from the other teams, or are we sticking with the cover one side ********?

RaiderNation
07-19-2010, 04:22 PM
They havent really mentioned anything about the defense except that things will look different. Hopefully that means more zone coverage

doingthisinsteadofwork
07-19-2010, 08:20 PM
hopefully more blitzing this defense could be so much better if we got pressure on the QB.

07-20-2010, 11:50 PM
hopefully more blitzing this defense could be so much better if we got pressure on the QB.

I think you'll see plenty of that this season. More zone coverage? Probably not.

RaiderNation
07-21-2010, 12:22 AM
Id hope there is zone coverage. I dont trust Wimbley or Groves covering

RaiderNation
07-27-2010, 08:22 PM
We signed LaMarr Houston a few days ago. Now only McClain

07-28-2010, 09:03 AM
I've got a good vibe about Zach Miller this season. It tells me that he'll put up 80-90 receptions, 8-10 TDs, and end up in his first Pro Bowl.

I'm thinking of bringing back my sweet Zach Miller sig, too. :D