PDA

View Full Version : All-Time NBA Draft POLL - Who has the best team?

hyundridz
06-08-2006, 07:56 PM
Polls will run until June 16, 7pm eastern time. Drafters were able to pick any player in NBA history.

Team 1
PG: Oscar Robertson, Joe Dumars
SG: Dwayne Wade, Sidney Moncrief
SF: James Worthy, Dave DeBusschere
PF: Elgin Baylor, Amare Stoudemire
C: Patrick Ewing, Bob Mcadoo

Team 2
PG: Walt Frazier, Maurice Cheeks
SG: Earl “The Pearl” Monroe, Allan Houston
SF: Dominique Wilkins, Bernard King
PF: Kevin Mchale, Wes Unseld
C: Wilt Chamberlain, Manute Bol

Team 3
PG: John Stockton, Kevin Johnson
SG: Vince Carter, Drazen Petrovic
SF: Scottie Pippen, Connie Hawkins
PF: Tim Duncan, Dennis Rodman
C: Hakeem Olajuwon, Artis Gilmore

Team 4
PG: Isiah Thomas, Steve Nash
SG: Michael Jordan, Allen Iverson
SF: Tracy McGrady, Shawn Marion
PF: Nate Thurmond, Dwight Howard
C: David Robinson, Bob Lanier

Team 5
PG: Jason Kidd, Hal Greer
SG: LeBron James, Clyde Drexler
SF: Grant Hill, John Havlicek
PF: Kevin Garnett, Bob Pettit
C: Shaquille O’Neal, George Mikan

Team 6
PG: "Pistol" Pete Marivich, Gilbert Arenas
SG: Kobe Bryant, Penny Hardaway
SF: Dirk Notwitzi, Rasheed Wallace
PF: Alonzo Mourning, Shawn Kemp
C: Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Yao Ming

Team 7
PG: Nate “Tiny” Archibald, Lenny Wilkens
SG: Jerry West, Dave Bing
SF: Alex English, Ray Allen
PF: Karl Malone, Adrian Dantley
C: Bill Russell, Dikembe Mutombo

Team 8
PG: Bob Cousy, Gary Payton
SG: George “Iceman” Gervin, Reggie Miller
SF: Larry Bird, Dennis Johnson
PF: Charles Barkley, Elvin Hayes
C: Bill Walton, Ben Wallace

Team 9
PG: Earvin “Magic” Johnson, Tim Hardaway
SG: “Dr. J” Julius Erving, David Thompson
SF: Rick Barry, Chris Mullin
PF: Willis Reed, Robert Parrish
C: Moses Malone, Arvydas Sabonis

KILLERSANTA
06-08-2006, 07:59 PM
I vote for team 6 :D They have Kobe Bryant, Dirk Notwitzi :lol:

Brodeur
06-08-2006, 07:59 PM
Best bench player on all the times is Sabonis, who was an absolute monster in Europe. Team 9 is damn good and I'd go with it just a little bit over Team 5 and Team 3.

Maroney22
06-08-2006, 08:00 PM
im assuming im not allowed to vote? :D

SuperMcGee
06-08-2006, 08:08 PM
Best bench player on all the times is Sabonis, who was an absolute monster in Europe. Team 9 is damn good and I'd go with it just a little bit over Team 5 and Team 3.

best bench player is definitely Bob McAdoo

SeanTaylorRIP
06-08-2006, 08:12 PM
Team 9 looks real good.

critesy
06-08-2006, 08:15 PM
team 7 cause of dikembe mutombo :lol:

ny10804
06-08-2006, 08:28 PM
I went with Team 5.

getwellchad
06-08-2006, 08:56 PM
:shock: Team 8 is STACKED!!!!!

LTgiants
06-08-2006, 08:57 PM
TEAM 2 IS STACKED

FlutiesDropKick
06-08-2006, 08:58 PM

def....perfect backup to Ewing

D-Unit
06-08-2006, 09:10 PM
:shock: Team 8 is STACKED!!!!!
I wonder which team is yours? :roll:

D-Unit
06-08-2006, 09:11 PM
TEAM 2 IS STACKED
You guys are soooo pathetic. :lol: :lol: :lol:

FlutiesDropKick
06-08-2006, 09:13 PM
TEAM 2 IS STACKED
You guys are soooo pathetic. :lol: :lol: :lol:

at least i tried being subtle. if people really wanted to know who was who they could check easy

Brodeur
06-08-2006, 09:22 PM

You've obviously never seen Sabonis in the European league. McAdoo is a great player, though.

getwellchad
06-08-2006, 09:25 PM

You've obviously never seen Sabonis in the European league. McAdoo is a great player, though.
How about Elvin "in the top 8 all-time in rebounds and points" Hayes.

Maroney22
06-08-2006, 09:54 PM
team 7 cause of dikembe mutombo :lol:

hes only one of the best defensive and shot blocking centers of all time but whatever

Maroney22
06-08-2006, 09:55 PM
i hope no one has voted for themselves

getwellchad
06-08-2006, 09:58 PM
The Funky Town White Boys aka Team 8

1st Round
For me this was a tough choice between two of the greatest players to ever play the game: Kareem Abdul Jabbar and Larry Bird. Both were great players and both were winners. While Kareem was the better scorer, Larry had the more complete game. What it came down to in the end was who was more clutch? And who made their teammates better? And in my mind the answer to both of those questions is Larry Bird.

So, with the 6th pick in the all-era draft the Funky-Town White Boys select,

Larry Bird, SF/PF
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c366/getwellchad/bird.jpg

2nd round:

After much debate, the Funky Town White Boys select one of the most dominating Forwards to ever play the game. A player who could do it all and carry his team when need be. With that said, the 4th pick of the 2nd round is

"Sir" Charles Barkley, PF

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c366/getwellchad/SirCharles.jpg

3rd round:

Bill Walton C

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c366/getwellchad/bill1.jpg

When he was in his prime, Bill was one of the best to ever play the game. He was a force on both sides of the court and had great size and athleticism while being one of the most fundamentally sound big men to play the game. We strongly considered him with our 2nd round pick but thought that he might slip due to injuries that cut his best years short. We here in the Funky town organization are thrilled to bring Mr. Walton aboard.

4th round:

After much debating in the war room we have decided on our pick. He is the only player to make 10 straight All-NBA first teams, and arguably the greatest PG to ever play the game. Playing in an era of no shot clock and stingy satiations ( when he played it was harder to get credited for an assist, in his era assists were awarded, on 53 percent of all field goals while today assists are credited on 61 percent) he still averaged over 20 points, 6.5 rebounds and 8.5 assists in his prime. He was one of the greatest passers and playmakers in NBA history. So with that said, The Funky Town White Boys select

"The Houdini of the Hardwood" Bob Cousy

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c366/getwellchad/cousy.jpg

5th round

There is mass hystaria here in war room as we steal one of the best to ever play the game. This pick was our biggest no-brainer of the draft. This player was one of the greatest scorers in NBA history and the smoothest player to ever play the game. Only Wilt Chamberlain and Michael Jordan have won more league scoring championships then him. As NBA.com put it, "To fully appreciate the greatness of "the Iceman" one had to see him rise up for a silky-smooth jump shot from 25 feet, twirl a heavenly finger-roll while soaring through the lane, execute a graceful reverse layup with either hand or explode for a sneaky power dunk between a pair of 7-foot defenders". With that said,
With the 6th pick of the the 5th round of the NBA all-era draft, The Funky Town White Boys select:

SG - George "Iceman" Gervin

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c366/getwellchad/iceman.jpg

Starting Line-up:
PG - Bob Cousy
SG - George "Iceman" Gervin
SF - Larry Bird
PF - "Sir" Charles Barkley
C - Bill Walton

Other Picks

He is 8th all-time in scoring with 27,313 points and 6th in rebounds with 16,279. His stingy defense and hard-nosed style of play made him one of the most feared and dominating players in the league. At 6'8 240, The Big E was a tough, punishing presence down low which is just what we needed coming off the bench. So, with the 4th pick in round seven the Funky Town White Boys select,

PF - Elvin Hayes

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c366/getwellchad/bige.jpg

This was another easy pick for us here in the Funky Town White Boys war room. When in his prime, this player was one of the best offensively and defensively to ever play his position. He is an 8-time NBA All-Defensive First Teamer (the most selections ever). He will be a great 6th man and could start when playing against a team with a bigger PG, but either way, he is a guy that really improves our team. With that said, with the 4th pick in round 6, The Funky Town White Boys select,

PG - "The Glove" Gary Payton

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c366/getwellchad/GP.jpg

This player is one of the best shoters to ever play the game. He was a stingy defender and one the most clutch players to ever step on the hardwood. He will be our 2nd option late in the game with Larry Legend being our first. So without further adieu....It's Miller Time. The Funky Town White Boys select:

SG - Reggie Miller

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c366/getwellchad/reggie.jpg

Not to mention two of the best defensivly to ever play their positions in Ben Wallace and Dennis Johnson.

D-Unit
06-08-2006, 10:03 PM
I think we should count votes based off people who have commented.

Maroney22
06-08-2006, 10:05 PM
I think we should count votes based off people who have commented.

neine.

D-Unit
06-08-2006, 10:15 PM
No one commented on Team 8, yet so far they are in the lead with 4 votes... hmmm.... fishy....

Nerv
06-08-2006, 10:18 PM
Go my team !!! !!! !!! !!!

CGF 216/137
06-08-2006, 10:20 PM
I'm going with the white boys.

Nerv
06-08-2006, 10:29 PM
Team 7 has Adrian Dantley playing PF!? Dantley was a 6'4 200 lb shooting guard.

Maroney22
06-08-2006, 10:36 PM

No Karl Malone would play most of the game and when he did come out we would just play with a smal lineup like the suns

critesy
06-08-2006, 11:04 PM

No Karl Malone would play most of the game and when he did come out we would just play with a smal lineup like the suns

are you saying team 7 is YOURS :o

hyundridz
06-08-2006, 11:08 PM

lol, sorry but i had to fill in your lineup... you kinda had a small bench so i went by height. if you want me to change that let me know.

Maroney22
06-08-2006, 11:20 PM

are you saying team 7 is YOURS :o

uh ya

06-08-2006, 11:40 PM
Team 3 has the best defensive forwards.... just and observation

D-Unit
06-09-2006, 12:04 AM
I would like to know... not just who has the best assembly of players, but who actually has a squad that could play with each other without getting in each other's way... The team that appears would be the best functional "team". Play to each others strengths and weaknesses.

For example, Isaiah Thomas and Michael Jordan would be the perfect teammates. LOL! :lol:

WMD
06-09-2006, 12:06 AM
For example, Isaiah Thomas and Michael Jordan would be the perfect teammates. LOL! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

06-09-2006, 02:12 PM
Dr. J and Magic on the same team :shock:

I think Team 6 would win it all though.

DChess
06-09-2006, 03:42 PM

yeah, thats me, im in the lead right now. By the way Germaine ar eu from cleveland or do u just like the browns

D-Unit
06-09-2006, 03:47 PM

yeah, thats me, im in the lead right now. By the way Germaine ar eu from cleveland or do u just like the browns
Actually, team 6 is in the lead... and I think your frontcourt of Willis Reed and Moses Malone is one of the more weaker ones.

DChess
06-09-2006, 03:55 PM
i am team 6 and i dont have them, i have kareem

ATLDirtyBirds
06-09-2006, 03:58 PM
Team 5, KG is the MAN! There would be no stopping Shaq and KG in the paint.

DChess
06-09-2006, 04:01 PM
Kareem and zo would swat them all day, and if they starting getting some points, i would send Rasheed and KEmp in there to kcik their ass

D-Unit
06-09-2006, 04:23 PM
Kareem and zo would swat them all day, and if they starting getting some points, i would send Rasheed and KEmp in there to kcik their ass
Kareem needs to gain about 100 pounds to handle Shaq. Zo at the 4??? Desperate times, I guess... You have Rasheed at the 3... can I say burn city??? He wouldn't be able to keep up with quicker forwards. ...and Kemp couldn't make a jump shot to save his life. Sorry.

DChess
06-09-2006, 04:29 PM
Kareem needs to gain about 100 pounds to handle Shaq. Zo at the 4??? Desperate times, I guess... You have Rasheed at the 3... can I say burn city??? He wouldn't be able to keep up with quicker forwards. ...and Kemp couldn't make a jump shot to save his life. Sorry.

i hvae dirk at 3, sheeds the backup

D-Unit
06-09-2006, 04:39 PM

i hvae dirk at 3, sheeds the backup
Yeah, I kinda didn't like your team because you had too many square pegs in round holes.

You should've just drafted a 3 instead of fitting Rasheed there. ...and Kemp as a backup PF in an all time draft is very questionable.

rainbeaukid2
06-10-2006, 03:39 AM
in my professional opinion, team 8 is the best.

D-Unit
06-10-2006, 04:45 AM
in my professional opinion, team 8 is the best.
They have some nice peices, but I pretty much lost all respect for Bob Cousy after seeing this picture...

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c366/getwellchad/cousy.jpg

He looks like Mr.Bean or the 40 year old virgin. I don't really care that he was the first guy to dribble the ball between his legs... He'd get demolished by today's players... Dwayne Wade would eat him for lunch.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
06-10-2006, 09:39 AM
Damn, I didn't think my team was THIS bad.

Eaglez.Fan
06-10-2006, 09:55 AM
team 2

CalBears99
06-10-2006, 10:09 AM
I'm sayin' Team 3. Team 1 was close tho.

Homicide
06-10-2006, 11:45 AM
Id have to say team 9

WMD
06-10-2006, 12:13 PM
Team 4 is tied for the lead but not one person has said they voted for him. Hmm.

thule
06-10-2006, 12:50 PM
I voted for team 6, I felt they were the only team that was solid on both lines. Team 4 had a solid 2nd line..but their first line wasn't anythign to write home about. Some other teams intrigued me...but noone put it together like team 6.

getwellchad
06-10-2006, 02:54 PM
in my professional opinion, team 8 is the best. I don't really care that he was the first guy to dribble the ball between his legs... He'd get demolished by today's players... Dwayne Wade would eat him for lunch.
I would pay big bucks to see Bob Cousy try to stop D-Wade.
Cousy was a very good defensive player and a much better floor general than Wade will ever be. If you put Cousy in his prime on the suns and take off Steve Nash, they don't miss a beat on offense and get a huge upgrade on defense not to mention one of the most consistent players of all time and a proven winner.

Would Wade beat Cousy in a one on one game, hell yeah, buy luckily basketball is a team sport and Bob Cousy was one of the best team players and one of the best overall basketball players to ever play the game. I would take Bob Cousy as my PG over Dwayne Wade 10 times out of 10.
I agree. Wade isn't a PG.

D-Unit
06-10-2006, 02:57 PM
Cousy is a floozy.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
06-11-2006, 08:51 AM
YES I GOT ANOTHER VOTE!

WMD
06-12-2006, 02:12 PM
B.u.m.p.

06-12-2006, 02:12 PM
yd this get unstickied

WMD
06-12-2006, 02:27 PM
Probably because no one responded to it in a day.

LTgiants
06-12-2006, 03:32 PM
team 2

WMD
06-13-2006, 03:54 PM
Gotta bump this again.

WMD
06-17-2006, 05:28 AM
How about a last bumparino incase hyundridz hasn't seen the poll results yet.

LTgiants
06-17-2006, 08:58 AM
team 2 is so kick ass