PDA

View Full Version : The Sam Young Appreciation Thread

D-Unit
04-24-2010, 01:32 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0907/insider_g_syoungts_576.jpg

K3bfz9PQCxc

Go Cowboys
04-24-2010, 01:41 PM
I like the pick, let me be the first one to call it here, He will make the team, he will become a starter, he may not end up being a pro bowler or an all pro tackle or guard, but he will come in learn the offense and pass McQuistan and Proctor for the Backup Guard spot or maybe even starting guard spot in a few years.

LonghornsLegend
04-24-2010, 02:01 PM
All these damn appreciation threads make me appreciate the Dez Bryant one a bit less :( LOL nah but seriously, it's a good way to get to know the prospect, and we all know the only one that'll be bumped continually for the next few years probably will be the Dez Bryant thread.

That's going to change to the 'Official Dez Bryant Thread' especially once he becomes the starter.

Whoops, this is about Sam Young here. Well I really love him being in a pro style offense and a starter for so long, that's good stability right there.

Trogdor
04-24-2010, 11:36 PM
Versatile, nice size, and consistent. He has a bit of power to him might project very well to RT and push Brewster hard for the job or perhaps moving him entirely to guard.

LizardState
04-25-2010, 04:00 PM
(Closes eyes, the nightmare ensues: imagines Doug Free gong 1-on-1 vs. Brandon Graham twice next yr)

Is Young the insurance Free needs? Can he play LT in the NFL at all, or is he a pure RT or an OG?

wicket
04-25-2010, 04:06 PM
pure RT, dont want him 1 on 1 with brandon graham. ND tried it, didnt work

Sniper
04-25-2010, 04:19 PM
You guys spent a draft pick on this guy? Really? He's pretty strong, but he's extremely slow and struggles a lot with leverage. I guess that's not too hard to envision, considering he's 6'7", but still.

pure RT, dont want him 1 on 1 with brandon graham. ND tried it, didnt work

It certainly didn't. I'd love to see a rematch in the pros. :D

D-Unit
04-25-2010, 10:55 PM
You guys spent a draft pick on this guy? Really? He's pretty strong, but he's extremely slow and struggles a lot with leverage. I guess that's not too hard to envision, considering he's 6'7", but still.

It certainly didn't. I'd love to see a rematch in the pros. :D
I think Sam Young was a wasted pick. People are trying to justify it because it was an OL pick and we needed depth. I'll be completely SHOCKED if he has a legitimate NFL career.

Supporting Caste
04-26-2010, 08:15 PM
Young is really not good. Bad bad bad pick.