PDA

View Full Version : What can Dez do?

HEISMANHERSCHEL
04-28-2010, 04:32 AM
Let's get an idea of what everyone is expecting of Dez this year.

Rookie WR is a hard place to be. More often than not, it takes a WR more time to "come into his own" than, say, runningback, safety, guard, ect. Many times, a WR is not "big time" for three years because they have to adjust to the speed of the game, precise route running and better defenders.

What do you think are the minimal numbers that Dez should post by the end of his rookie season? Of course, barring injury.

I would say 700 yards and 7 touchdowns would be really good. At the same time, 200 yds and 0 TD's would be dissappointing.

Sooooo....what are your realistic expectations for Dez this year?

I would say 600 yds and 6 TD's. But I would also be lying. I am expecting great things.

But I am also a homer...

jsa230
04-28-2010, 04:38 AM
30-55 catches . . . 325-750 yards . . . 3-9 tds . . . how does 43 catches, 523 yards, 6 tds sound?

tjsunstein
04-28-2010, 04:49 AM
48 Catches, 625 Yards, 2 TD. The numbers that Michael Crabtree put up in an offense where he was the number 2 receiving threat for 11 games.

Now with the Cowboys already having trusted guys like Austin and Witten, and a veteran in front of Bryant in Roy Williams, I can honestly say I don't think Bryant will touch those numbers. He's too far down the list of options in my opinion. I fully expect Marion Barber, Felix Jones, and Tashard Choice to be a great part of the offense as well.

That said, I think Bryant gets 24 catches, 382 yards, putting him at almost 16 yards a catch, and 5 touchdowns. I think they are very fair numbers.

RGVBadBoy
04-29-2010, 09:14 AM
I think that if Dez uses his time wisely and prepares he will have a good rookie season, there is going to be so much attention placed on Miles and Jason, I think DBs and DCs are going to forget all about Dez which is going to leave him open to mismatches, I think he'll have 58rec 819yrds 5tds.... But then again, I am a homer as well:)

LonghornsLegend
04-29-2010, 09:24 AM
It's way too tough to predict now because we don't even know how much he'll be involved. Let's say Roy picks his ass up off his shoulders to start the year and does well, Dez will be far down the food chain immediately.

I could care less about his numbers, don't have any realistic expectations, I'm looking more at his performance and how he develops. It'll be tough to just look at stats and gauge his play for now.

Supporting Caste
04-29-2010, 10:07 AM
Wow, that's a pretty crazy image there.

LizardState
04-29-2010, 12:01 PM
It's way too tough to predict now because we don't even know how much he'll be involved. Let's say Roy picks his ass up off his shoulders to start the year and does well, Dez will be far down the food chain immediately.

I could care less about his numbers, don't have any realistic expectations, I'm looking more at his performance and how he develops. It'll be tough to just look at stats and gauge his play for now.

I would say 600 yds and 6 TD's. But I would also be lying. I am expecting great things.

If he gets 600 & 36 points I would be voting for him for ORotYr.

It's all good -- As for what he can do:

1) Run go patterns to back off DBs & leave that underneath stuff for Austin, the TEs, Hurd & Crayton (if they don't trade his ass or cut him)
2) Return punts & KOs
3) Be an allaround effective Y or Z receiver in the slot or go in motion
4) Push Roy Williams
5) Motivate Roy Williams
6) Light a fire under Roy Williams....

you get the picture

Sniper
05-02-2010, 09:11 PM
He can and will be the sex.

JezCat
08-03-2010, 09:52 PM
I don't really care how many yards or catches......well actually I don't think about how many he might have. I want to see him go get a few bad throws because that's his biggest value IMO. Romo will know he doesn't have to be perfect with Dez because he'll go get it. It's that security effect that I want to see with Tony and how it may change things.