PDA

View Full Version : Excellent news

Addict
04-29-2010, 05:16 PM
Our brave soldier safety is back!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/29/caleb-campbell-officially-returns-to-lions/

SINCE1978
04-30-2010, 07:03 AM
Solid move Detroit. Caleb Campbell certainly can make the team as a special teams stud ... speed of a S but likely an OLB with his bulk (as the article states). More solid depth to the roster, I like-y ;o)

nmb1114
05-01-2010, 10:49 PM
Spare me........

I comend him for what he did for his country, but he hasn't played in two years, he'll probably be on ST

ironman4579
05-02-2010, 03:48 AM
Spare me........

I comend him for what he did for his country, but he hasn't played in two years, he'll probably be on ST

Which would probably mean he was a "depth" player correct? So basically what 1978 stated above? So, what exactly do you need to be spared from? An optimistic assessment of what the young man could bring to the team?

Prowler
05-02-2010, 09:57 AM
dizon can provide the backup in the middle and caleb and palmer can backup the outsides.

nmb1114
05-02-2010, 10:23 PM
Which would probably mean he was a "depth" player correct? So basically what 1978 stated above? So, what exactly do you need to be spared from? An optimistic assessment of what the young man could bring to the team?

He said solid depth player, and I just don't see it because he has been out of football for 2 years now, I think he'll be a one year guy and gone by next training camp. They'll throw him a bone for his service, Optimistic is one thing, but you got to be realistic.

Two-three days ago, when he signed his contract the Free Press had a huge article in the newspaper for him, which I think is a little overblown for a 7th round draft pick two years ago

It was a PR move by the Lions, it gives caleb a chance at his dream to suit up and get on the field in NFL, and the Lions get positive news out their about the organization. My point is lets say he played at a mid-major conference like Frenso State, and didn't play competitive football for two years, but kept in shape, do you think they would of still signed him? I say probably not.

Best of luck too Caleb I hope he does well, I just don't see any happy endings in the story

Addict
05-03-2010, 07:03 AM
He said solid depth player, and I just don't see it because he has been out of football for 2 years now, I think he'll be a one year guy and gone by next training camp. They'll throw him a bone for his service, Optimistic is one thing, but you got to be realistic.

http://www.usna.edu/LibExhibits/Archives/Armynavy/Images/2930.jpg

not saying he'll be a HOF'er, but he wouldn't be the first army boy to do well in the NFL.