PDA

View Full Version : Trade Up or Trade Down?

Paul
03-17-2007, 12:46 AM
Idea:(Purely my Ideas, give your own on the concept)
Trade Up: Try to get Nelson, Hall or another elite player.
Trade Down: Put us in position to get Tank, a 2nd tier S, and/or extra draft pick.
Stay Put: Best Available Player.

BX
03-17-2007, 12:59 AM
I think we should trade up to the early teens and pick up a player like Nelson.

dc4life
03-17-2007, 02:44 AM
Trade Down:

Trade down a few spots, get an additional pick and pick up Meriweather because he is talented enough to play both corner and FS.

Personally, I wouldnt trade up for anyone in the draft except Calvin Johnson which we all know won't happen. He is probably the surest thing there is in the draft.

D-Unit
03-17-2007, 04:53 AM
Stay put until we're on the clock. If we think we can trade down and still get a guy we like, then trade down.

nrcirc
03-17-2007, 07:50 AM
Stay put until we're on the clock. If we think we can trade down and still get a guy we like, then trade down.

Right idea. Right now we may still have a little chance to draft Nelson or Branch (stock is falling).

bigmac076
03-17-2007, 09:19 AM
stay put and get the BPA

FinChase
03-17-2007, 09:52 AM
Here's an interesting scenario put forth by theboys.com blog:

"Ė The Bills are said to be considering Cal RB Marshawn Lynch with their first round pick. This could create a move up opportunity for the Cowboys if they are so inclined.

Green Bay has been linked with Lynch in every mock draft Iíve seen this year. Itís perhaps the most automatic pick youíll see. And Green Bay needs a back. If they lose out on Lynch, their RB options dwindle; he and Adrian Peterson are the only backs with 1st round grades.

Iím not going to flog the trade Julius rumors anymore, but I was told by a source that Green Bay loves wheeling, dealing and stockpiling picks. They may be on the phones looking for a trade down partner if Lynch isnít at option at pick 16. The draft numbers shorthand would go like this:

If Dallas was willing to trade its 3rd rounder for Green Bayís 4th rounder, it could swap first rounders with the Packers and jump up six spots. Iím hearing the draft may be about 18 sure fire-first rounders deep. This could assure Dallas gets 1st round value for its pick."

Most of the trade talk has centered around trading Julius Jones, but this could be interesting. For one thing, it would certainly put us in a good position to get Reggie Nelson or maybe even Leon Hall, depending on how things fall.

Paul
03-17-2007, 09:59 AM
Here's an interesting scenario put forth by theboys.com blog:

"Ė The Bills are said to be considering Cal RB Marshawn Lynch with their first round pick. This could create a move up opportunity for the Cowboys if they are so inclined.

Green Bay has been linked with Lynch in every mock draft Iíve seen this year. Itís perhaps the most automatic pick youíll see. And Green Bay needs a back. If they lose out on Lynch, their RB options dwindle; he and Adrian Peterson are the only backs with 1st round grades.

Iím not going to flog the trade Julius rumors anymore, but I was told by a source that Green Bay loves wheeling, dealing and stockpiling picks. They may be on the phones looking for a trade down partner if Lynch isnít at option at pick 16. The draft numbers shorthand would go like this:

If Dallas was willing to trade its 3rd rounder for Green Bayís 4th rounder, it could swap first rounders with the Packers and jump up six spots. Iím hearing the draft may be about 18 sure fire-first rounders deep. This could assure Dallas gets 1st round value for its pick."

Most of the trade talk has centered around trading Julius Jones, but this could be interesting. For one thing, it would certainly put us in a good position to get Reggie Nelson or maybe even Leon Hall, depending on how things fall.

I would do it, only if Nelson is still on the board at that moment.

bigmac076
03-17-2007, 10:56 AM
Please stop with the Julius trade rumors!!!! Please read:
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=57E70FB0-A735-4BA5-572A47A4BAB0227D

Running Back Position Not Among Expected Changes
Nick Eatman -
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
March 15, 2007 6:18 PM

IRVING, Texas - With a brand new coaching staff, change is always expected.
As the Cowboys transition from Bill Parcells to Wade Phillips, there will be a multitude of differences from what we've seen here in the last four seasons.
But one thing Parcells never wavered on the last two years was how he rotated his two-running back system of Julius Jones and Marion Barber.
And according to team owner Jerry Jones, don't expect that to be one of the major changes next year under Phillips. Despite recent rumors the Cowboys might be shopping Julius Jones in a potential trade, the Cowboys owner not only dismissed that notion, but said he expected Jones and Barber to remain as the team's 1-2 backfield punch.

Paul
03-17-2007, 12:46 PM
Ummm...Where do you see somebody talking about trading Julius on this thread?

Macarthur
03-17-2007, 01:54 PM

I'm right there with D-Unit. If Nelson is gone, I think there is big-time value at CB, S & WR later in the first day. I like the idea of dropping down 4-6 spots. At that point, Merriweather, Ross, Griffin, Revis could still be there. Or you could go OL with Ogoh, Grubbs or Blalock or WR late in the first, and you would have another pick on the first day, most likely a 3rd.

reigle9
03-17-2007, 04:55 PM
Why would we want to trade down for more picks? We already have too many late picks that won't make this team.

This isn't Madden, it's most likely a moot question anyway.

dc4life
03-17-2007, 07:31 PM
Why would we want to trade down for more picks? We already have too many late picks that won't make this team.

This isn't Madden, it's most likely a moot question anyway.

Trading down and picking up a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Not Neccessarliy a 2nd day pick. Some people would like to get a kicker, future line men, WR, etc. Here's your chance. I dont think anyone was indicating picking up a 6th round or 7th round pick.

KILLERSANTA
03-17-2007, 10:13 PM
Trade down draft Tank

jetBLACK08
03-17-2007, 11:47 PM
Trade down only if we get picks in the first day

reigle9
03-18-2007, 01:20 PM
Trading down and picking up a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Not Neccessarliy a 2nd day pick. Some people would like to get a kicker, future line men, WR, etc. Here's your chance. I dont think anyone was indicating picking up a 6th round or 7th round pick.

Oh ok, I can deal with moving back 4-6 spots if we can pick up a third. That's assuming there isn't a top WR or Nelson still there.

I hope we can somehow ditch those late 2nd day picks for maybe a 4th next year.

But like I said, we're not talking Madden.

Macarthur
03-18-2007, 03:41 PM
Yeah, I was assuming a trade down would get at least a 3rd, maybe a late 2nd.

I also wouldn't mind shopping some of those late round picks to get another late 3rd or early 4th. That way we could come out of the draft with as many as 6 players in the first 4 rounds.

jjmcquade
03-21-2007, 08:59 PM
i would stay put.

You can get a Meriweather or jarvis moss with the 22 pick. either one would be a good pick at 22. The way it looks moss won't be their at 22 so go with Meriweather. A Meriweather/Roy combo would be solid.