PDA

View Full Version : 2010- Best RB in NFC East

SeanTaylorRIP
05-02-2010, 11:41 AM
Time to start some new threads for this season's discussion, and new polls.

Running Backs, a nice mixture of new blood and older vets. It's odd but I went Ahmad Bradshaw with this. To me aside from maybe blocking deficiencies he's the shiftiest and most productive back in the conference. He's the guy I fear stopping the most. I think Portis, Jacobs, Barber, are not scary anymore. I'm not sold yet on McCoy too. He dances and bounces out way too much. I really like Tashard Choice but he doesn't get enough carries.

Thumper
05-02-2010, 11:51 AM
It has to be Felix Jones, he is so explosive and if could ever stay healthy and get enough carries he would light the league on fire.

Malaka
05-02-2010, 12:04 PM
This is the shittiest part of the NFC East IMHO, I went Felix Jones, I feel he played best last season, watch out for Bradshaw and Tashard Choice next year though.

NY+Giants=NYG
05-02-2010, 12:04 PM
I like F. Jones. I think he is the best RB in the East.

Supporting Caste
05-02-2010, 12:06 PM
Man, this position really fell off fast.

I love Felix, but the fact that he might be the best despite his serious durability issues shows this is one of the NFCE's weakest positions IMO.

FreshBoy!
05-02-2010, 12:07 PM
Felix...hands down really......Even trying not to let my homer'isms show...If Felix can stay healthy he's potentially a top 5 back in the league.

Man, this position really fell off fast.

I love Felix, but the fact that he might be the best despite his serious durability issues shows this is one of the NFCE's weakest positions IMO.

What gives you that impression? NFC South has the best backs collectively, IMO...but I wouldn't put the NFCE among the worst.

superman8456
05-02-2010, 12:09 PM
I went with Tashard Choice because even though he isnt the starter of his team, I feel he is the most consistent and can do everything well. I also believe that the ability to stay healthy is a huge part of being a good RB.

eaglesalltheway
05-02-2010, 12:10 PM
I clicked Choice, meant for Jones, whatever. I think it's Jones, but Choice has a great skillset too. In the future it'll most likely be between Jones and Shady...

When are we going to have the best FB thread??? WEAVERRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Malaka
05-02-2010, 12:10 PM
Nah, FB thread is much too easy its so obviously Weaver.

Thumper
05-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Best tight end thread would be interesting, Celek, Boss, Cooley, Davis, Witten are all good tight ends, although Boss is clearly the weak link in that group.

Malaka
05-02-2010, 12:12 PM
TE is also easy, anyone who doesn't say Witten is a homer.

Sniper
05-02-2010, 12:13 PM
TE is also easy, anyone who doesn't say Witten is a homer.

This. We should have a second-best TE thread, because if you think the East's top TE isn't Witten, you deserve to be shot in the face.

Rosebud
05-02-2010, 01:11 PM
Time to start some new threads for this season's discussion, and new polls.

Running Backs, a nice mixture of new blood and older vets. It's odd but I went Ahmad Bradshaw with this. To me aside from maybe blocking deficiencies he's the shiftiest and most productive back in the conference. He's the guy I fear stopping the most. I think Portis, Jacobs, Barber, are not scary anymore. I'm not sold yet on McCoy too. He dances and bounces out way too much. I really like Tashard Choice but he doesn't get enough carries.

I love Ahmad, but he's gotta be healthy and prove he can be more than the third RB who comes in when D's have been beat up by Jacobs. After this year if the mighty midget has the breakout year he's capable I have no problem with someone picking him.

NY+Giants=NYG
05-02-2010, 01:14 PM
Best tight end thread would be interesting, Celek, Boss, Cooley, Davis, Witten are all good tight ends, although Boss is clearly the weak link in that group.

True, but we don't use our TEs as much. We are a running team, and now with all our WRs, the TE position is used more as a tendency breaker.

D-Unit
05-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Giving love out to MB3. Blocks, catches, runs violently, runs smart... I enjoy every time he gets the ball. He epitomizes what it means to be a Cowboy.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-02-2010, 01:23 PM
Giving love out to MB3. Blocks, catches, runs violently, runs smart... I enjoy every time he gets the ball. He epitomizes what it means to be a Cowboy.

He doesn't run like he used to. He never used to get taken down by the first tackler but now does consistently, and then there is the issue of staying healthy as well as stamina during games. If this were a year or two ago I'd go with him, but at this point IMO, it is more effective when they are using Tashard and Felix.

FreshBoy!
05-02-2010, 01:24 PM
He's not the "best" though.:(

D-Unit
05-02-2010, 02:36 PM
He doesn't run like he used to. He never used to get taken down by the first tackler but now does consistently, and then there is the issue of staying healthy as well as stamina during games. If this were a year or two ago I'd go with him, but at this point IMO, it is more effective when they are using Tashard and Felix.
That's just not true. Totally wrong. He still breaks plenty tackles and fights for every yard.

A quick reminder...

YZYKzpjci0s

Ask Jonathan Vilma if the Barbarian still runs hard....

HZfwtDwDpSI

lol... Barber gets up like he was the LB making the hit. hahaha.

2009-10 season

mjEKbVccxXA

EBOmLnAI6ek

M.O.T.H.
05-02-2010, 03:24 PM
Went with Felix as well. The potential is just immense. If he can stay healthy, and show he can carry the bigger workload, that he's expected to get this year, he can be real special. A top back in this league...potentially.

I just want to see him get the touches.

D-Unit
05-02-2010, 04:03 PM
Went with Felix as well. The potential is just immense. If he can stay healthy, and show he can carry the bigger workload, that he's expected to get this year, he can be real special. A top back in this league...potentially.

I just want to see him get the touches.
I agree that based off potential Felix has the most upside. But this vote is a reflection of the NOW. ...isn't it?

FreshBoy!
05-02-2010, 04:07 PM
Semantics, dear watson....

It's basically asking who the best RB going forward is...those "flash in the pans" from Felix have people believing he'll be the best.
:eek:

tjsunstein
05-02-2010, 04:10 PM
It has to be Felix Jones, he is so explosive and if could ever stay healthy and get enough carries he would light the league on fire.
I can't emphasize 'if' enough. Based on potential, a lot would be different but I think the question is inquiring about right now. Currently. In the present.

It's Witten, not even remotely close.

I agree that based off potential Felix has the most upside. But this vote is a reflection of the NOW. ...isn't it?
This.

Thumper
05-02-2010, 04:21 PM
I don't think its even a question, Felix Jones is without a doubt in my mind the most talented runner in the division. Right now the division is just a collection of situational runners aside from LeSean McCoy, nobody aside from McCoy is going to carry the load this upcoming year. So who is the best at what they do? I think thats Felix Jones, he is strong enough to break tackles and fast enough to break the big one, he is everything Darren McFadden was supposed to be. He ripped the Eagles two weeks straight like they hadn't been ripped in about half a decade, he ran for 239 yards in 2 weeks on the Eagles defense. Ever since he returned that kick for a touchdown his rookie season he has been the player I fear most on the Cowboys, he is just too explosive.

Go_Eagles77
05-02-2010, 07:08 PM
I voted Felix Jones, but just to mention his name, I'll say I think LeSean McCoy is going to be much improved this season. He's in much better shape and will be both quicker and stronger this year. Apparently he was around 217 last year but was really soft, he looks jacked this year compared to last year.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-02-2010, 07:10 PM
My problem with McCoy isn't size. He has enough bulk to hold up, it's running style. I'm not sure that's something so easily changed. Reggie Bush for example is big enough to take a beating running hard inside yet he still tends to try to bounce everything. There's pro's to McCoy's running style but it can hurt his team.

BaLLiN
05-02-2010, 09:37 PM
I went with Tashard Choice because even though he isnt the starter of his team, I feel he is the most consistent and can do everything well. I also believe that the ability to stay healthy is a huge part of being a good RB.

i agree, he has heart too. Ahmad Bradshaw is a player though, he just needs to realize that he can't be superman all the time. He puts such a burden on his body with what he does and also exposes the ball too often. Choice and Bradshaw aren't the flashiest, but they are both guys that are capable of being much better than they are right now.

D-Unit
05-02-2010, 10:22 PM
I don't fault the votes for Choice. ABSOLUTELY Love the guy.

scottyboy
05-03-2010, 11:56 AM
it's clearly Raymell baby Rice.

I went Bradshaw, but almost went Choice, but that's just me. I really love when Bradshaw gets the, loves how he runs. Love Choice too. I think Felix is too injury prone for now. Then again, so is Bradshaw...hmmm.

yea, I vote Ray Rice

bigbluedefense
05-03-2010, 04:07 PM
Wow, the East really fell off at RB.

I'm gonna say Felix is the best, but his durability is a major concern for me.

2nd place is probably a 3 way tie between McCoy, Bradshaw, and Choice. I like all 3 equally for different reasons.

Washington is loaded with washed up backs, and Jacobs and Barber are both having a race to see who can be washed up first.

bigbluedefense
05-03-2010, 04:08 PM
it's clearly Raymell baby Rice.

I went Bradshaw, but almost went Choice, but that's just me. I really love when Bradshaw gets the, loves how he runs. Love Choice too. I think Felix is too injury prone for now. Then again, so is Bradshaw...hmmm.

yea, I vote Ray Rice

I think if given more touches, Bradshaw is going to have a big year. He's a beast, he just needs more touches.

But I'm not ready to anoint him yet. I want to see him do it first. I think very highly of Bradshaw though. He's our own mini MJD.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-03-2010, 04:11 PM
Portis will obviously get first crack, but knowing Shanny don't be surprised to see someone like Ryan Torrain or Keiland Williams become the featured back. Also I am still holding out on Willie Parker. I don't think he's as washed up as some people think and in a ZBS I think he can still make cuts quick enough.

LetsGoGiants!
05-03-2010, 04:15 PM
Felix Jones, although I'm curious to see what McCoy does being the #1.

bigbluedefense
05-03-2010, 04:17 PM
Portis will obviously get first crack, but knowing Shanny don't be surprised to see someone like Ryan Torrain or Keiland Williams become the featured back. Also I am still holding out on Willie Parker. I don't think he's as washed up as some people think and in a ZBS I think he can still make cuts quick enough.

In all likelihood, youre gonna see a RBC that produces. It won't just be 1 guy, and none of them alone will look all that impressive, but collectively, the group will put up solid numbers.

M.O.T.H.
05-03-2010, 04:27 PM
So you want the best back now? I'd still go Jones. We dont have the strongest core of RBs in this division as a whole. We have some youth and some very injury prone aging players.

bigbluedefense
05-03-2010, 04:30 PM
So you want the best back now? I'd still go Jones. We dont have the strongest core of RBs in this division as a whole. We have some youth and some very injury prone aging players.

You do have the strongest core of RBs in the division actually.

Barber/Jones/Choice is definitely the best RBC currently in our division. My favorite RB you have is Choice, he's the total package.

If healthy Jones is a beast. And Barber is a great short yardage guy at this point in his career.

While Jones and Barber aren't durable, Choice is. I love Choice, I thought he was a steal when you guys drafted him. I recall liking him more than Jones coming out. I was wrong about Jones, but I was right about Choice being nasty.

M.O.T.H.
05-03-2010, 04:32 PM
You do have the strongest core of RBs in the division actually.

Barber/Jones/Choice is definitely the best RBC currently in our division. My favorite RB you have is Choice, he's the total package.

If healthy Jones is a beast. And Barber is a great short yardage guy at this point in his career.

While Jones and Barber aren't durable, Choice is. I love Choice, I thought he was a steal when you guys drafted him. I recall liking him more than Jones coming out. I was wrong about Jones, but I was right about Choice being nasty.

I was talking about the division as a whole. Obviously Dallas has the strongest core. I meant the whole division's core, compared to the rest of the league. (Jones, Barber, Mccoy, Portis, Jacobs, Bradshaw, etc.)

My last post was more in response to what D said, on the previous page. I didnt even bother to notice this 2nd page. haha.

D-Unit
05-03-2010, 04:33 PM
One more injury and Felix Jones' potential will be completely shot and he will be the next Julius Jones. I love his potential, but he hasn't shown anything but flashes. I need more consistency than he's shown me to make him the best RB in the NFC East. I give credit to Barber for playing through his quad injury practically all year. Toughness is a factor I give strong credence to, when I grade RBs. MB3 isn't nearly warn down to the degree that Portis is. When that time comes, MB3 will surely go down in my book.

M.O.T.H.
05-03-2010, 04:37 PM
I def. feel Felix will be just fine. He had some freak injuries. He def. has the body to carry the load. The guy just keeps getting bigger, he has to be about 220 now, which is insane. I remember when a lot of guys argument for not drafting him was because he was too small. haha. He really can be the complete package. I hope they follow through with the promise to get the ball in his hands more.

bigbluedefense
05-03-2010, 04:39 PM
I def. feel Felix will be just fine. He had some freak injuries. He def. has the body to carry the load. The guy just keeps getting bigger, he has to be about 220 now, which is insane. I remember when a lot of guys arguments for not drafting him was because he was too small. haha.

getting bigger doesn't necessarily mean anything. if anything, all it does is make you slower.

Tiki wasn't the biggest in the world, but knew how to take hits. Westbrook improved his durability after contacting Tiki and asking him what he does.

Sometimes you just have to know how to take punishment. Maybe thats Felix's problem?

He's bigger than CJ, yet not nearly as durable. Size doesn't really mean all that much, unless you're grossly undersized which Jones never was.

D-Unit
05-03-2010, 04:39 PM
BBD, that's not exactly what I recall, but I won't make haste. ;)

I may have to agree that perhaps he is the #1 back though. My inner gut tells me so, but my first reaction was Barber.

bigbluedefense
05-03-2010, 04:42 PM
BBD, that's not exactly what I recall, but I won't make haste. ;)

I may have to agree that perhaps he is the #1 back though. My inner gut tells me so, but my first reaction was Barber.

Lol, i remember perfectly. I hated the Jones pick, I thought you guys made a horrible mistake passing on Mendenhall, but loved the selection of Choice later in the draft.

I even remember saying that I think Choice will be better than Jones. It was ages ago, but if you search hard enough I'm sure you can find my exact quote.

D-Unit
05-03-2010, 04:48 PM
I def. feel Felix will be just fine. He had some freak injuries. He def. has the body to carry the load. The guy just keeps getting bigger, he has to be about 220 now, which is insane. I remember when a lot of guys argument for not drafting him was because he was too small. haha. He really can be the complete package. I hope they follow through with the promise to get the ball in his hands more.
They will give it to him more. No doubt. I hope he fulfills his promise. With how overrated he is already, I think it will be hard to maintain his same high ypc average with more attempts. I've never considered him a workhorse back. I think he's a great time share back who can use his fresh legs to make a big impact. More carries should translate to more big plays, but I think there will be a point where his effectiveness will plateau. Figuring out where that plateau is will be the task. How many carries should he get to maintain optimum performance...

Tash on the other hand is a full time workhorse type back and can maintain effectiveness throughout. MB3 isn't... so maybe I need to reconsider my vote.. hmm...

M.O.T.H.
05-03-2010, 04:49 PM
getting bigger doesn't necessarily mean anything. if anything, all it does is make you slower.

Tiki wasn't the biggest in the world, but knew how to take hits. Westbrook improved his durability after contacting Tiki and asking him what he does.

Sometimes you just have to know how to take punishment. Maybe thats Felix's problem?

He's bigger than CJ, yet not nearly as durable. Size doesn't really mean all that much, unless you're grossly undersized which Jones never was.

Felix is fine. I was just pointing out how much larger he has gotten. So people shouldnt worry about him getting worn down because of his size. Felix's injuries were just freaky more than anything, he's never had a history of injuries. And in the NFL, it almost always happened out of bounds, after big gainers. I cant see the future, but I really dont think there is going to be a problem with injuries. He got his toe stepped on, he pulled up lame after rolling out of bounds with hammy, and he hurt his knee the same way, after picking up 30-40 yards. None of the injuries will linger into this year. If anything, having a larger role could help him, by keeping loose and warmed up. I've hated the way we've used him up until this point. The team doesnt seem worried about his durability at all right now.

M.O.T.H.
05-03-2010, 04:54 PM
They will give it to him more. No doubt. I hope he fulfills his promise. With how overrated he is already, I think it will be hard to maintain his same high ypc average with more attempts. I've never considered him a workhorse back. I think he's a great time share back who can use his fresh legs to make a big impact. More carries should translate to more big plays, but I think there will be a point where his effectiveness will plateau. Figuring out where that plateau is will be the task. How many carries should he get to maintain optimum performance...

Tash on the other hand is a full time workhorse type back and can maintain effectiveness throughout. MB3 isn't... so maybe I need to reconsider my vote.. hmm...

Just because you've never seen Jones do it, doesnt mean he cant. Had Felix played on any other team in the nation, he would have been an every down back. He just so happened to be backing up Darren Mcfadden. Felix's talent trumps that of Choice's and Choice is a fine talent. I dont see any reason why Felix couldnt carry the load. He's fantastic between the tackles and to the outside. He's a complete back...he can do everything you need him to do. He's bigger, faster, and has better vision than Choice. Again it comes to the durability, but so long as he stays healthy. The guy can be a perennial pro bowl talent, given that he gets the carries. I wouldnt expect a major drop off in production as well, because he is so effective between the tackles. He's not a speed back...he's just not, he's certainly fast but he can do everything. He's not just a type that you run tosses and stretches to, keeping him almost exclusive to the outside.

NY+Giants=NYG
05-03-2010, 04:55 PM
Let's leave Jacobs out of it.. I never was a fan of him from day 1. What an over rated RB. If Bradshaw can stay healthy I have no doubt in my mind, Bradshaw can out play him. That guy is a sick RB. It's too bad the rest of the division fans don't see as much of him. The dude has game and is right up there with everyone else. I can't wait for the Jacobs era to be done. I pray Bradshaw steals the thunder from Jacobs, and can be # 1.

LonghornsLegend
05-03-2010, 04:57 PM
Eh, I had to go Ahmad Bradshaw. Felix can be a beast and me and MOTH have went back and forth on this regarding him getting touches, but the team tried a few times to give him feature back touches and he got hurt. You just can't expect a team to keep forcing him the rock if he can't stay on the field.

So we'll see, I think he's the most talented, but Bradshaw can really do it all, breakaway speed, catch, run hard inside, and he's pretty durable and will play through injuries. I'd probably take Felix over him if I'm starting a team, but for now I roll with Bradshaw.

I was also impressed by Shady. When you look at Westbrook's rookie season it was nothing to write home about, he'll get alot better and unlike alot of part time backs who shared the rock in college he carried Pitt on his back, his future is still very bright.

bigbluedefense
05-03-2010, 04:58 PM
As flawed as Jacobs is, you can't deny the presence he has on the field and how it effects the defense when he's healthy and has running lanes to go through.

PA won't work the same when we no longer have Jacobs. No one wants to see him in the open field.

M.O.T.H.
05-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Eh, I had to go Ahmad Bradshaw. Felix can be a beast and me and MOTH have went back and forth on this regarding him getting touches, but the team tried a few times to give him feature back touches and he got hurt. You just can't expect a team to keep forcing him the rock if he can't stay on the field.

So we'll see, I think he's the most talented, but Bradshaw can really do it all, breakaway speed, catch, run hard inside, and he's pretty durable and will play through injuries. I'd probably take Felix over him if I'm starting a team, but for now I roll with Bradshaw.

I was also impressed by Shady. When you look at Westbrook's rookie season it was nothing to write home about, he'll get alot better and unlike alot of part time backs who shared the rock in college he carried Pitt on his back, his future is still very bright.

That's not really true...even when he was healthy, he was topping out at 9 carriers per game, if he was lucky. Finally at the end of the year, they started giving him 10+ and he was playing fantastic football.

BaLLiN
05-03-2010, 05:09 PM
I pray Bradshaw steals the thunder from Jacobs, and can be # 1.

me too, Jacobs just isn't very agile at all. Maybe if Bradshaw got more carries he wouldn't try to over-do it so often in the few times he actually does. If you look at his first two preseasons, he was amazing in those little outlet passes when Brooks was going to get sacked. He has a good ability to contribute to the passing game, although he is no where near what Best or Spiller could be in that aspect. I don't question any part of his game, he just needs to be more disiplined.

Yeah i agree with BBD, when the Cowboys drafted Jones, i was a little happy because i felt he was really one dimensional, and deserved to go in the second round. I really don't think he could be a #1 guy just based off of how he isn't tough enough, and certainly doesn't hold onto the ball well. I think it was last year, he was returning a kick versus the giants and his arm was barely touched by a defender, the ball popped out and we recovered. That is still more easily fixed than his tendency to bounce things outside.

I love Lesean McCoy, i called it about 3 months before it happened that McCoy would go to the Eagles in the second. He is very similar to Westbrook, but will need some time to adapt to the NFL middle run game. He is a great receiver, very shifty and knows how to escape a defender in space, more quick than fast, but he is still fast.

NY+Giants=NYG
05-03-2010, 05:15 PM
As flawed as Jacobs is, you can't deny the presence he has on the field and how it effects the defense when he's healthy and has running lanes to go through.

PA won't work the same when we no longer have Jacobs. No one wants to see him in the open field.

Yeah it hurts the defense, but it hurts him too! If I am the DC I am telling my guys it's not a big deal. For every shot he gives you, it hurts him, and slows him down for that game or later in the season. It's not like he is the damn juggernaut! Plus he needs near perfect blocking or else they stop his buttock cold. Bradshaw took that same horrible run blocking and out played him, on 2 busted legs. That's talent and that's heart!

NY+Giants=NYG
05-03-2010, 05:18 PM

See you get it too! Stats don't really reflect Bradshaw's ability. Watch the guy play and you can see he has all the skills there. I am waiting for the day he steps in front of Jacobs, and steals the show.

I actually picked Felix, but Bradshaw is a step lower. Jacobs shouldn't even be in the discussion. Everytime his name is thrown around I cringe.

LonghornsLegend
05-03-2010, 05:18 PM
That's not really true...even when he was healthy, he was topping out at 9 carriers per game, if he was lucky. Finally at the end of the year, they started giving him 10+ and he was playing fantastic football.

Rookie year, injured twice. Got on IR rehabbing his initial injury. That alone started the injury concerns.

2nd season he started off 3 games less then 9 carries and was hurt again, he had to wear a brace when he returned so being that at that point he showed he was an injury risk, and not the same with the brace he was going to be worked in slowly. Most people knew that he didn't have the same burst as soon as he got back.

So he was slowly worked back in, and as the season wore on, he got the ball more. I don't really see a time he should have been getting the ball alot more. They were smart in seeing if he could handle 10 carries for a month or two before trying to push it further.

The game Barber was out and Felix was a feature back we tried to work him to the max, he didn't finish the game. I'm right with you on wanting to get him the ball more, but a guy needs to prove he's durable. When Felix finally did it, you saw how much he was used in the playoffs. I don't think we would of had to wait as long had he not been nicked up so much.

M.O.T.H.
05-03-2010, 05:30 PM
I'll disagree when you said, there wasnt a time when he should have been given more carries. There were plenty of times he deserved more carries. Disregarding 2008, where he was extremely under used in his short season. We can start right at week 1 and 2 of this year. He barely saw the field against Tampa and that New York game, which was a war, he was no where to be found in the 2nd half, as Garrett refused to put him in the game again, despite averaging 12 or so YPC. I remember that game well, everyone on here was clamoring for Jones as well, Cowboy fan or not. It was ridiculous. I dont recall what game he got the brace off, but at that point...there was no need to baby him. He was back to full strength, and yet...he got 10 carries once over that string of games. Garrett has admitted before to forgetting about Felix when Barber is running well...and that's a bit of a problem, considering he's our most dangerous weapon on the offense. Hopefully, it will be the other way around this year, and he forgets about Barber, who he was still running in the ground, despite the fact that he had a noticeable hobble and zero burst through the hole.

Honestly, he probably should have been starting last year. With Barber being the #2. And when you have the luxury of having three great backs, you shouldnt have to worry about holding Felix's hand all the time. They need to turn him loose, and they were beginning to at the end of the year. Hopefully the trend continues.

FUNBUNCHER
05-18-2010, 07:59 AM
WOw, Portis has a down season and he's totally forgotten about!!!

Call me when Felix Jones rushes for 1300+ yards in a season. Same with Choice.

Portis has been the best RB in the division for 6 years running, the rest of those guys have had moments, but never put together a full season of top performance.

Agreed that if you project Jones' numbers over a full season of getting the majority of the carries, he could be the best in the NFCE, but I expect CP to have a bounce back year under Shanahan.
He's lost about 15# and could easily top 1500 yards playing with McNabb.

Tashard Choice is ahead of CP??
Must be a LOT of stealth Cowboys fans running around SWDC.

eaglesalltheway
05-18-2010, 08:08 AM

Portis has been the best RB in the division for 6 years running, the rest of those guys have had moments, but never put together a full season of top performance.

Agreed that if you project Jones' numbers over a full season of getting the majority of the carries, he could be the best in the NFCE, but I expect CP to have a bounce back year under Shanahan.
He's lost about 15# and could easily top 1500 yards playing with McNabb.

Up until two seasons ago, Westbrook was better. I definitely wouldn't say he's been the best the last 6 consecutive seasons. He's damn good and I'm a fan of his, but homerism aside, 3 and 4 years ago Westy was easily the better, more complete RB, and arguably on the same level the two years before that as well as two years ago.

NY+Giants=NYG
05-18-2010, 08:40 AM
Portis best for 6 seasons? LOL. He wasn't even on the same page as Tiki Barber, when Tiki was dominating the NFC East. 2004-2006 Tiki had sick years. I wouldn't go that far to say that Portis has dominated as the best back in the East for 6 seasons.

FUNBUNCHER
05-18-2010, 11:28 AM
Barber put up monster rushing numbers from 2004-6, and totaled over 2000 yards from scrimmage each of those years, making him arguably the #2 RB in the league during that span, after LT.
Westbrook was the key playmaker for the Eagles for several years, and Portis has never been the receiver that Westbrook has been, but as a pure runner Westbrook isn't in Portis' class.

My point was of the current RBs in the NFCE, I don't see how CP is behind Jones, Choice, and Bradshaw.

Except for maybe Felix Jones, and that's giving him a huge benefit of the doubt because of his youth, Portis has put up numbers those guys can only dream of approaching and he's only 28.

If CP and Shanny can kiss and make up, he's gonna get 1500 yards this season, IMHO.

eaglesalltheway
05-18-2010, 11:40 AM
Barber put up monster rushing numbers from 2004-6, and totaled over 2000 yards from scrimmage each of those years, making him arguably the #2 RB in the league during that span, after LT.
Westbrook was the key playmaker for the Eagles for several years, and Portis has never been the receiver that Westbrook has been, but as a pure runner Westbrook isn't in Portis' class.

My point was of the current RBs in the NFCE, I don't see how CP is behind Jones, Choice, and Bradshaw.

Except for maybe Felix Jones, and that's giving him a huge benefit of the doubt because of his youth, Portis has put up numbers those guys can only dream of approaching and he's only 28.

If CP and Shanny can kiss and make up, he's gonna get 1500 yards this season, IMHO.

I highly doubt it. Even if Portis returns to his old self, 1,500 is a lot for an aging RB, and with the stable they already have, it may be split up among 2 or 3 RBs.

scottyboy
05-18-2010, 12:22 PM
he's behind them now because he's old and has been injury prone.

and Portis best RB over the past 6 years? pfffft. Tiki and Westbrook split that crown for sure.

eaglesalltheway
05-18-2010, 12:46 PM
he's behind them now because he's old and has been injury prone.

and Portis best RB over the past 6 years? pfffft. Tiki and Westbrook split that crown for sure.

It seems weird to think Tiki's been retired that long, but the first 2-3 years of the last 6 years go to him, and the next 2-3 (depending on where you had Tiki in year 3) go to Westbrook. Then the last two years it is a tossup. Portis maybe gets it two years ago, but I ersonally favor Barber or Jacobs during that time span.

LonghornsLegend
05-18-2010, 01:03 PM

There was alot of fail in your post, especially the bolded part. First of all, 2006 AND 2007 Brian Westbrook had better seasons then Clinton Portis ever had in his entire career. So your quote "the rest of those guys have had moments, but never put together a full season of top performance" is just all wrong. Seeing as how you said the past 6 years, that has to include Westbrook.

07 he totaled over 2000 yards, something which Portis has never done with 90 receptions, 06 he totaled over 1900 yards with 70+ receptions, all things Portis has never done.

Yea, that's the only reason. I'm sure none of it had to do with the fact that he looked slower, older, worn down with injuries, yet all of a sudden McNabb is going to make him have 1500 total yards? That's wishful thinking to say the least. He hasn't been a 1500 yard rusher since he left Denver, he's done it once since he got to Washington and that was only by 16 yards, and this was when he was a clear feature back.

Now why even bring in LJ and Willie Parker if you just wanted to force him the ball all game/season long? Does that even make sense?

I'm certain that this was a typo.

Because your living in the past, that's why. Even last year when CP was healthy, I probably would of taken every single one of those backs over him, he was nothing like the guy rushing for 1300 yards, and this is not a career achievement award here so bringing up how good he was 6 years ago does nothing for your argument.

FUNBUNCHER
05-18-2010, 08:19 PM
Portis ran for 1487 and 9 TDs in 2008, not really ancient history, and he missed half the season in 2009 with a concussion.

As for Westbrook having better seasons in 2006 and 2007 than CP had at any point during his career(?), I'll chalk that up to hyperbole and giving Westbrook the advantage overall because of his outstanding receiving ability.

I've always said that you don't get the impact of Westbrook's play on a game from looking mainly at his stats, you have to watch him play. At any point during his prime, he would break at least a couple plays at a crucial part of the game that swung the momentum in the Eagles favor, or won them the game outright.

As a pure runner though, Westbrook isn't the same type of player as Portis.

As for Bruce Allen bringing in Willie Parker and Larry Johnson to compete with CP for the #1 RB spot, one of those guys IMO will be cut and the other will be a primary backup. I don't see a split carry situation under SHanahan.

But again my statement about Portis had more to do with this poll; Choice, Jones and Bradshaw being ranked ahead of him.

If CP is the starter for the Skins the first game of the season, he's gonna put up career numbers. Jason Campbell simply was not enough of a threat throwing the ball downfield and defenses loaded up to specifically shut down the Skins running game.
McNabb is going to give Portis running opportunities he hasn't had since Denver.

eaglesalltheway
05-18-2010, 11:45 PM
We should sig bet this or something, I am definitely down. If Portis goes over 1,500 yards this regular seasonI'll wear it in my sig where you said he would have 1,500+ yards, and I will have something like "FUNBUNCHER knows all" or something dumb like that. Same thing goes for if he goes under 1,500 for you, you'll wear a sig saying any one of us told you there was no way, and have a sig that says something dumb like "when homerism goes a bit too far". I am down for this, if you care to make this bet, I will e-shake your hand and we can mark it in the "books".

FUNBUNCHER
05-19-2010, 02:45 AM
Sig bet??
Hey, I'm just a guy who talks a lot of **** 'bout my Skinz on the interwebz !!
I don't make bets where I get embarrassed in the future for looking stoopid!!LOL
I 'hope' CP rebounds and rushes for 1500+ yards, is what I should have said!!

LonghornsLegend
05-19-2010, 07:21 AM
Yea because going out on a limb would be an understatement for what your saying. Your basically saying if Clinton Portis starts weeks 1 he's going to rush for 1600 yards, which has pretty much no chance of happening at all.

He'll be 29 when the season starts, and his best years are behind him, you should be happy with 1000 yards honestly, I don't know why people act like RB's don't fall off a cliff eventually once they get to this age with the amount of carries he's had.

Unless you think he's going to rush for 1300 yards until he's 35 years old.

shane_man
05-19-2010, 08:42 AM
Yea because going out on a limb would be an understatement for what your saying. Your basically saying if Clinton Portis starts weeks 1 he's going to rush for 1600 yards, which has pretty much no chance of happening at all.

He'll be 29 when the season starts, and his best years are behind him, you should be happy with 1000 yards honestly, I don't know why people act like RB's don't fall off a cliff eventually once they get to this age with the amount of carries he's had.

Curtis Martin did it. Emmitt was doing it until he was 33...

I'm not discounting the notion that Portis can do it. I'm more worried about the fact that he's basically been doing this for 8 years now. He's had a heroic workload for someone of his age.

As for best in the NFC East. I'm going to side with Tashard Choice... To be honest. He's looked good in spot duty and he's had good games when he's been given a full workload(for multiple games) he's been admirable.

Felix could potentially be the best based on Johnson's 2000 yards for Tennessee. But in saying that. I just watched the team try that same thing with Marion Barber only a season ago... Awesome work that one.

Moreso impressed with Choice then I was with Barber.

FUNBUNCHER
05-19-2010, 12:22 PM

1500+ yards to me means closer to 1501, not 1600 yards.

Jason Campbell has been an anchor dragging on the SKins offense for several years now, and having a genuine elite QB in the backfield with Portis running in a ZBS, well, 1300 yards is conservative IMO.

Most SKins fans that I know are worried whether or not Portis has lost his lateral quickness, not his long speed. A lighter CP who isn't run like a FB into the heart of the defensive line the way Joe Gibbs used him should have a resurgence under SHanahan.

If CP is the starter from week 1, I would take any bet that he tops 1300 yards rushing!
How many other guys on this list do you feel confident will absolutely gain 1300 yards rushing in 2010??

Rosebud
05-19-2010, 12:39 PM

Jason Campbell has been an anchor dragging on the SKins offense for several years now, and having a genuine elite QB in the backfield with Portis running in a ZBS, well, 1300 yards is conservative IMO.

Most SKins fans that I know are worried whether or not Portis has lost his lateral quickness, not his long speed. A lighter CP who isn't run like a FB into the heart of the defensive line the way Joe Gibbs used him should have a resurgence under SHanahan.

If CP is the starter from week 1, I would take any bet that he tops 1300 yards rushing!
How many other guys on this list do you feel confident will absolutely gain 1300 yards rushing in 2010??

Considering Shady is the only one who won't be splitting his carries with at least one RB that's a hugely misleading point.

eaglesalltheway
05-19-2010, 12:40 PM

Same bet I sadi for 1,500 stands here...

FUNBUNCHER
05-19-2010, 12:56 PM
Same bet I sadi for 1,500 stands here...

Bet.

If CP is the starter from Week 1, (only one exception would be if he misses MINIMUM 8 games with injury), he'll get 1300. Easy.

scottyboy
05-19-2010, 08:06 PM
so, you're confident he'll reach 1,300 yards...but keep saying IF he's the starter. lots of confidence in a guy who you're not confident will even start...

LonghornsLegend
05-19-2010, 08:20 PM

You said he was going to have a career year, so now it's 1300 yards? Also nobody is even confident he'll do that here, not even you.

Curtis Martin did it. Emmitt was doing it until he was 33....

That's also the exception to the rule.

While you could find at most 4-5 examples of guys who did it into their early 30's I could find 5x as many examples of guys who fell off at age 29-30 with the amount of mileage Portis has.

shane_man
05-19-2010, 09:03 PM
That's also the exception to the rule.

While you could find at most 4-5 examples of guys who did it into their early 30's I could find 5x as many examples of guys who fell off at age 29-30 with the amount of mileage Portis has.

Damn straight. You could probably find 10x as many examples of guys who have fallen off at this age. I just personally think Portis is a class above your also-rans that have fallen off after they hit 29-31. How many guys in the league have almost hit 10,000 yards in 8 seasons? I think that's testament to him being slightly better then your Ahman Green's and Shaun Alexanders.

I think having a look at his career numbers. He could definately average roughly 4.5 ypc under Shanahan again even at this age.(given he averaged 5.5 in his first two seasons with Denver) 225 carries gets him over a 1000 yards.

Of course I could be blinded by the fact that I actually do rate Portis a great back.

FUNBUNCHER
05-20-2010, 12:16 AM
If CP is healthy and named the starter, assuming he plays in all or the majority of the 16 regular season games, he will lead the NFCE in rushing.

How's that, Longhorn??

All I'm trying to do is cover in case he's out with an injury, but there's no way I see Larry Johnson or WIllie Parker beating him out for the #1 RB spot.

IMO this is a pivotal season for CP; he either will be regarded as a good RB on the decline, or been seen as a genuinely 'special' RB who could threaten to put up HOF career rushing numbers before he retires.

eaglesalltheway
05-20-2010, 12:48 PM
Bet.

If CP is the starter from Week 1, (only one exception would be if he misses MINIMUM 8 games with injury), he'll get 1300. Easy.

You gotta take that stipulation out dude, if you are so confident in him getting 1,300, it should be a given that you will start. As a concession, if he misses more than 6 games, you are off the hook if he doesn't get 1,300.

FUNBUNCHER
05-20-2010, 02:29 PM
You gotta take that stipulation out dude, if you are so confident in him getting 1,300, it should be a given that you will start. As a concession, if he misses more than 6 games, you are off the hook if he doesn't get 1,300.

Fine, because CP could end up starting 12+ games even if Shanahan doesn't make him the starter week 1.

scottyboy
05-20-2010, 02:40 PM
why are you so confident in him getting this yardage but not him starting week 1? seems odd to me

eaglesalltheway
05-20-2010, 02:53 PM
Fine, because CP could end up starting 12+ games even if Shanahan doesn't make him the starter week 1.

As long as everything is a go on your end, we have a sig bet... All we have to do is hammer out the details of the loser's sig contents and how long. We'll do that through PMs since I don't wanna waste space in this thread.

Thumper
05-20-2010, 03:12 PM
Wait... you mean we're not going to endlessly blast FUNBUNCHER for supporting a player he believes is good?

Anyways, Portis has been run into the ground IMO.

T-NewFan41
05-20-2010, 03:32 PM
Wait... you mean we're not going to endlessly blast FUNBUNCHER for supporting a player he believes is good?

Anyways, Portis has been run into the ground IMO.

I don't even give a **** about this site but i just wanna say one thing, then you can ban me and **** lol i dont give a ****.

But i think everyone agrees with this... THUMPER YOUR A ******* *****. the eagles blow. the cowboys are gonna **** on them again this season, and with the way both teams are set up, the only thing the eagles will sniff is romo's ass for the next 5 plus years.

Go jerk off to desean and maclin, there two little ***** ass 180 pound recievers who aren't gonna do ****. And when dez bryant SHITs all over asanta samuel's garbage ass face im gonna laugh, knowing somewhere out there your crying in your living room like a 4 year old *****.

the cowboys are gonna shittttttttttttttttttt on the eagles. lol your such a *****. your posts are GARBAGE kid. ohhhhh they new every play cause of maclins trick little ***** ****. shut up dude. Jenkins is nasty. Your blind homerism and hatred is terrible. The eagles suck dude. lol kevin kolb. Look at the cowboys roster. They are gonna wipe the floor with your ***** ass. Lol your defense on Romo, Barber, Witten, Felix, Choice, Martellus, Miles, Dez, Roy, and even Ogletree.... BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. thats a **** fest. complete dominance.

Well this is it for me on this site, this was a completely classless post, and you can ban the **** out of me, i just had to get this off my chest. Thumper your a *****.

Your comeback will be irrelevant, as i will not post again no matter what you say, and will probly be banned anyway. Thank you... and goodnight.

lol the eagles... stupid fool.

So long SWDC.

Thumper
05-20-2010, 03:40 PM
Umm... Cool story bro. http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/eusa_eh.gif

Go_Eagles77
05-20-2010, 04:04 PM
I don't even give a **** about this site but i just wanna say one thing, then you can ban me and **** lol i dont give a ****.

But i think everyone agrees with this... THUMPER YOUR A ******* *****. the eagles blow. the cowboys are gonna **** on them again this season, and with the way both teams are set up, the only thing the eagles will sniff is romo's ass for the next 5 plus years.

Go jerk off to desean and maclin, there two little ***** ass 180 pound recievers who aren't gonna do ****. And when dez bryant SHITs all over asanta samuel's garbage ass face im gonna laugh, knowing somewhere out there your crying in your living room like a 4 year old *****.

the cowboys are gonna shittttttttttttttttttt on the eagles. lol your such a *****. your posts are GARBAGE kid. ohhhhh they new every play cause of maclins trick little ***** ****. shut up dude. Jenkins is nasty. Your blind homerism and hatred is terrible. The eagles suck dude. lol kevin kolb. Look at the cowboys roster. They are gonna wipe the floor with your ***** ass. Lol your defense on Romo, Barber, Witten, Felix, Choice, Martellus, Miles, Dez, Roy, and even Ogletree.... BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. thats a **** fest. complete dominance.

Well this is it for me on this site, this was a completely classless post, and you can ban the **** out of me, i just had to get this off my chest. Thumper your a *****.

Your comeback will be irrelevant, as i will not post again no matter what you say, and will probly be banned anyway. Thank you... and goodnight.

So long SWDC.
Hahahahahahahaha!!!

Sniper
05-20-2010, 04:23 PM

So long SWDC.

Tremendous. I'm gonna be pissed if this guy gets banned.

scottyboy
05-20-2010, 05:06 PM
I fully support the NON banning of T-Newfan41. who neg repped him? he deserves super duper plus rep for that.
hahahahahhaa epic win.

also thumper, because he's said it in one thread. he doesn't bring up kolb and maclin everywhere he goes. we all know Portis, along with the rest of the skins RB's, were good back in like, 06-07. he's not even sure Portis will start, yet he's giving him 1300+ yards, which is hilarious.

cunningham06
05-20-2010, 06:49 PM
We need to keep T-Newfan41 around, that was something else. And I love how he used Martellus Bennett as part of the offensive rape fest. Excellent work, haha.

Thumper
05-20-2010, 06:58 PM
Wait... WTF is going on? That post was just stupid, half the **** he said wasn't even right, that whole thing was just an incoherent jumbled mess. I'll admit I laughed though. It still didn't top my week 17 rant though...

Sniper
05-20-2010, 07:01 PM
That post should be enshrined in the SWDC HOF.

scottyboy
05-20-2010, 07:16 PM
Wait... WTF is going on? That post was just stupid, half the **** he said wasn't even right, that whole thing was just an incoherent jumbled mess. I'll admit I laughed though. It still didn't top my week 17 rant though...

that post topped anything you have or potentially will ever post.

OSUGiants17
05-20-2010, 07:36 PM
that post topped anything you have or potentially will ever post.

+rep for the truth

OSUGiants17
05-20-2010, 07:38 PM

So long SWDC.
can we put this post in the SWDC HoF?

Rosebud
05-20-2010, 07:56 PM

See, Thumper isn't just an eagles homer, he's a thumper homer to.

Thumper
05-20-2010, 08:11 PM
See, Thumper isn't just an eagles homer, he's a thumper homer to.

You misspelled too.

Sniper
05-20-2010, 08:13 PM
You misspelled too.

And you got owned by the legendary T-NewFan, so...

scottyboy
05-20-2010, 08:15 PM
You misspelled too.

there's already a grammar cop here in sniper.
before you tried to be the irrational homer, but I'm the loveable homer here, so just looked like a douche homer.
then you try and say how your rants are the best, but get pwned and realize tnewfan's are the best.

get your own niche.

Thumper
05-20-2010, 08:16 PM
And you got owned by the legendary T-NewFan, so...

Not really, nothing he said was really right, he had errors, nothing was punctuated correctly, he was just throwing out baseless crap tossed in with some lame personal insults, that was hardly me being owned, that was more like the ******** kid that finally stands up for himself and then when he finishes everyone laughs at him, that guy is a joke, he wouldn't even take a reply.

scottyboy
05-20-2010, 08:20 PM
Not really, nothing he said was really right, he had errors, nothing was punctuated correctly, he was just throwing out baseless crap tossed in with some lame personal insults, that was hardly me being owned, that was more like the ******** kid that finally stands up for himself and then when he finishes everyone laughs at him, that guy is a joke he wouldn't even take a reply.

except for the fact everyone is laughing at you for getting torched by one of the most legendary posters in NFC east history here

Sniper
05-20-2010, 08:22 PM
Not really, nothing he said was really right, he had errors, nothing was punctuated correctly, he was just throwing out baseless crap tossed in with some lame personal insults, that was hardly me being owned, that was more like the ******** kid that finally stands up for himself and then when he finishes everyone laughs at him, that guy is a joke, he wouldn't even take a reply.

He

http://www.guzer.com/pictures/funny_owned_boy.jpg

You

Thumper
05-20-2010, 08:36 PM
Yeah, Sure... :D That was pathetic, he wouldn't even take a response what a cowardly little weasel he is, he says a bunch of stupid **** and then he won't take a response, Yep, he owned me, you guys are right. He just made himself look stupid.

Rosebud
05-20-2010, 08:37 PM
You misspelled too.

Dude Sniper, chillax, we're ripping on Thumper here...

cunningham06
05-20-2010, 08:57 PM
that was more like the ******** kid that finally stands up for himself

Then I believe that would make you the guy who got ripped by the ******** kid. That doesn't say much good about you.

eaglesalltheway
05-20-2010, 11:01 PM

So long SWDC.

Though I don't agree with all of this, PLEASE POST MORE.

eaglesalltheway
05-20-2010, 11:07 PM
Yeah, Sure... :D That was pathetic, he wouldn't even take a response what a cowardly little weasel he is, he says a bunch of stupid **** and then he won't take a response, Yep, he owned me, you guys are right. He just made himself look stupid.

I'd be willing to bet my life savings if you saw any of us on here in person, you wouldn't talk the way you do on here, for fear of getting you butt wooped, whose the coward now? Sure maybe because it is on the internet it isn't exactly heroic (by normal standards) but its better than anything you'd ever do, pulling your wimpy ass -rep remarks to Sniper, and the roundabout ways you attack me, but this guy straight up called you out on your ****, its definitely less cowardly than the way you go about your business.

And I only say this out of love.

Thumper
05-21-2010, 12:04 AM
I'd be willing to bet my life savings if you saw any of us on here in person, you wouldn't talk the way you do on here, for fear of getting you butt wooped, whose the coward now? Sure maybe because it is on the internet it isn't exactly heroic (by normal standards) but its better than anything you'd ever do, pulling your wimpy ass -rep remarks to Sniper, and the roundabout ways you attack me, but this guy straight up called you out on your ****, its definitely less cowardly than the way you go about your business.

And I only say this out of love.

No, I'm an arrogant douche off of here as well.

Awww <3

FUNBUNCHER
05-21-2010, 02:10 AM
I fully support the NON banning of T-Newfan41. who neg repped him? he deserves super duper plus rep for that.
hahahahahhaa epic win.

also thumper, because he's said it in one thread. he doesn't bring up kolb and maclin everywhere he goes. we all know Portis, along with the rest of the skins RB's, were good back in like, 06-07. he's not even sure Portis will start, yet he's giving him 1300+ yards, which is hilarious.

2008, CP was BEAST - 1487yds/9 TDs.
I don't know what Portis is gonna do in 2010, but I do BELIEVE in him. No fool proof logic, just faith.
You know, seeing without sight.
It's not a crazy bet for a SKins fan anyway, if you have a jonez for CP carrying the rock like I do.

1300+ yards for a RB who should still be in or near his prime, with a major upgrade at OC and QB running in a ZBS, how could a SKins fan NOT take that bet??

eaglesalltheway
05-21-2010, 06:17 AM

Awww <3

I'm glad you don't think I'm coming on too strong, I just want to please you so your posts don't seem so grumpy. You won't be able to help but be happy after I'm through with you.

OSUGiants17
05-21-2010, 03:58 PM

Awww <3

I got a feeling you're the kid at school who no one likes and everyone calls a tool and you think they're all joking when they're all being serious and don't like you. Better yet, you're probly just some 13 year old punk who thinks he is cool for acting like a douche on the interwebz. When you come up with something inteligent, witty or funny to say on the forums and not a homer post or "I'm not offended at all, his post was stupid" post, then you can come back, until then, just leave cause you aren't doing this forum any help being here.

Malaka
05-21-2010, 08:24 PM
This right here was beautiful... it's a shame I missed it. Alas, at least someone finally told it like it is, thank you T-new wherever you may be.

LonghornsLegend
05-21-2010, 08:47 PM
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha

I can't believe I missed all of this, classic stuff, but let me talk in Thumper terms so he understands....

ahahahhahaha T-New made Thumper his ***** OMGAZZZZ!1!!!!11!

The worst part of T-New's post is that it's too long to sig quote, damn shame...

BaLLiN
05-24-2010, 07:02 PM
The entire NFC EAST discussion should be put in the HOF

FUNBUNCHER
05-25-2010, 04:31 PM
How many of you max repped T-New for that bomb post?? LOL

I know I did.

Go_Eagles77
10-11-2010, 12:25 PM
This needs a bump. Right now i think it might be between Ahmad Bradshaw and LeSean McCoy, who has made a huge leap in his 2nd year. I'm gonna pat myself on the back for this post, haha.

I voted Felix Jones, but just to mention his name, I'll say I think LeSean McCoy is going to be much improved this season. He's in much better shape and will be both quicker and stronger this year. Apparently he was around 217 last year but was really soft, he looks jacked this year compared to last year.

Felix Jones actually still is very much in the conversation though, he just isn't getting enough chances.

BaLLiN
10-13-2010, 08:56 PM
With our OL the way it is, Bradshaw gets my vote. I will say that McCoy is obviously more adept in the passing game, correct me if i'm wrong, but he just doesn't run through the middle like you'd wish your starter would. Correll Buckhalter wasn't a big guy, and he ran with authority throught the middle against us.

Go_Eagles77
10-13-2010, 09:10 PM
He's actually an excellent inside runner, which is something I never thought I'd say about Mcoy. He doesn't run people over, but he has great vision and balance, and can break tackles now. He's also not the fastest guy, so he isn't gonna outrun everyone to the corner like a Chris Johnson, but he is super quick to/through the hole, and I'd say he gets most of his yardage between the tackles.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-14-2010, 09:40 AM
Just going by the stats, I can say Bradshaw. I never liked Jacobs, so I never would vote for him, even though he was productive. However, Bradshaw with sub par run blocking, has elevated himself to 4th in the NFL in yards. The guy is the total package, and shown that he can create something out of nothing, especially if the play breaks down. So just going by the stats of this season, he is the best RB in the East. Until someone steps up and passes him, I'd vote for him.

His skill set is MUCH better than Jacobs, and he doesn't need pristine blocking to get his yards.

LonghornsLegend
10-14-2010, 09:50 AM
I voted for Bradshaw before, and feel comfortable in that it was the right vote. Sadly, if Felix had been getting the amount of touches every week that he did vs the Titans then maybe I'd feel different, but Bradshaw has been running like an animal, and is a very well rounded RB.

McCoy is just picture perfect for the Eagles offense, there are some things he's not great at but it won't matter in that offense and he always was a Westbrook clone. I love what he's done this year also, I need to see the rest of this season and see Felix getting the same amount of touches to see who I would like to rank higher out of the two.

Oh and Funbuncher, 1300 yards for Clinton Portis? FAIL lollll....He was nowhere near being in his prime like you said he was, and while you can say he got injured so we'd never know, games where he was getting 13 carries for 33 yards say otherwise. He's finished, and wasn't even gonna break 1000 yards in a full season.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-14-2010, 10:04 AM
I voted for Bradshaw before, and feel comfortable in that it was the right vote. Sadly, if Felix had been getting the amount of touches every week that he did vs the Titans then maybe I'd feel different, but Bradshaw has been running like an animal, and is a very well rounded RB.

McCoy is just picture perfect for the Eagles offense, there are some things he's not great at but it won't matter in that offense and he always was a Westbrook clone. I love what he's done this year also, I need to see the rest of this season and see Felix getting the same amount of touches to see who I would like to rank higher out of the two.

Oh and Funbuncher, 1300 yards for Clinton Portis? FAIL lollll....He was nowhere near being in his prime like you said he was, and while you can say he got injured so we'd never know, games where he was getting 13 carries for 33 yards say otherwise. He's finished, and wasn't even gonna break 1000 yards in a full season.

I like Felix's skill set. I think if he got fed more he could do good things, but I want to see production to go along with it, otherwise it's a waste. Finally we are utilizing Bradshaw's talent. That has made me happy this year. Now he can show the league and other fans how good he can be. Plus, like I said, no more perfect blocking for Jacobs to get 5.0 yards a carry. So what does that mean? With little or no blocking Bradshaw is creating positive yards from nothing. Now durability is a huge issue, and knock on him. But the guy is 24 years old, and can only get better as he gets used to being the guy. Plus once the defense gets tired chasing him all game, then I don't mind having Jacobs come in and wear down the defense with his style.

Felix has great potential but I am not voting for a guy who is in the 30s in terms of yardage he has rushed for, when our guy is 4th doing with with basically sub par run blocking. Plus now I feel comfortable saying Bradshaw has the total package. Except for Elite speed, he has everything.

I am comfortable voting for Bradshaw. If it was Jacobs starting once again I'd vote for another RB. Maybe even Jones, but finally we are putting the better guy ahead and rewarding him.

Giantsfan1080
10-14-2010, 11:37 AM
Jacobs and Bradshaw are averaging the same amount of yards per carry this year Bossing. I think Bradshaw's the better back but Jacobs has been very good as well so far. I know it's a lot less carries for Jacobs compared to Bradshaw but I like the way he's running again after that one play in Indy.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-14-2010, 11:46 AM
Jacobs and Bradshaw are averaging the same amount of yards per carry this year Bossing. I think Bradshaw's the better back but Jacobs has been very good as well so far. I know it's a lot less carries for Jacobs compared to Bradshaw but I like the way he's running again after that one play in Indy.

Yeah but less carries. Bradshaw is dominating early on, and when the passing game gets going, he tends to get better. Jacobs, if he started, would be getting owned! In the Bears game, how many times did Peppers, LB or another DL guy shoot the gap? Had it been Jacobs we'd be losing yards. Bradshaw's getting the tougher yards by far. This is the perfect role for Jacobs.

Plus just watch the skill set of the players. It's not even close how much better Bradshaw's skill set is over Jacobs. Had it been the opposite Jacobs would be starting.

Giantsfan1080
10-14-2010, 12:06 PM
Yeah I agree with you on mostly everything but Jacobs has been running better this year than last. Bradshaw is infinitely better than Jacobs at everything except pass protection but he's even improving in that area. I don't want Bradshaw to wear down as the season goes on though so I 'd like to see more of a 60/40 split instead of the 70/30 we're at right now.

LonghornsLegend
10-14-2010, 12:08 PM
We finally realized what you guys started the season doing, last week. We shouldn't have let Barber be the starter this season, as Jacobs shouldn't be the starter for you guys. I don't want to make it seem like Jacobs or Barber is trash, but both teams have better backs that should be used alot more then the latter. Even though we still lost we are alot better with Felix getting 20 carries a game.

Giantsfan1080
10-14-2010, 12:11 PM
Yeah LL you really should be following the plan that we're running right now. Let Jones get the majority of the carries and let Barber spell him in situations that fit him the most. It looks like you might start to do that after the Titans game but we'll see with Garrett. My main concern right now is Bradshaw wearing down as the year goes on. He has been known to get nicked up with injuries.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-14-2010, 12:13 PM
We finally realized what you guys started the season doing, last week. We shouldn't have let Barber be the starter this season, as Jacobs shouldn't be the starter for you guys. I don't want to make it seem like Jacobs or Barber is trash, but both teams have better backs that should be used alot more then the latter. Even though we still lost we are alot better with Felix getting 20 carries a game.

Yeah I agree. But Jacobs got given the role due to tenure, and being # 2 when Tiki was here. Last year both Rbs were hurt, and Bradshaw played with heart, and still got his yards with two hurt ankles! Jacobs mouthing off about his role wasn't going to help his cause either, especially if the other guy is better AND keeps his mouth shut. As a coach, I am playing the other guy.

I really would love to see the production by Felix if he is the main guy. I think it would be damn good! But in the mean time, you guys will stick to your passing which will feed the stats of Romo, Witten, and Austin.

Rosebud
10-15-2010, 03:03 PM
Is Tashard Choice injured? I've thought that he's better than Barber for a while now. Start the game with Felix and Tashard and then bring Barber in when they're tired so he can beat up their defense and let your D rest.

M.O.T.H.
10-15-2010, 03:07 PM
Tashard's fine. Marion just makes an ass load of money, and Garrett absoluetly loves him. Took long enough to get Felix more touches. I wouldnt expect to see much of Choice unless there is an injury. I just hope we keep feeding Felix the ball. I still think he's the best back in the NFC East, his sample size is just really low, because Garrett has really limited his role over the years. There is really no denying Felix's talent, though.

Morton
10-15-2010, 03:17 PM
According to FootballOutsiders, LeSean McCoy is the second best running back in the NFL based on the DYAR stat, and the third best running back in the NFL based on the DVOA stat:

http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/rb

Giantsfan1080
10-15-2010, 03:20 PM
I just can't buy football SABR stats. In baseball it makes sense in football not nearly as much.

M.O.T.H.
10-15-2010, 03:24 PM
Exactly. There are too many factors weighing in, and football is more of a team sport, they're more dependent on eachother. The indivisual efforts of baseball players are so much easier to calculate.

Those football outsiders guys are just wasting their time. I really hope it never catches on, because a lot of it is a load of BS.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-17-2010, 05:42 PM
7 yards a carry today for Bradshaw. Great day, against a defense that can't stop the run for the life of them.

bigbluedefense
10-19-2010, 09:59 AM
While I wouldve said Jones or McCoy earlier in the year, I think at this point you have to mention Bradshaw as a legit candidate as the best in the division.

He's playing behind poor run blocking, and is 3rd in the league in yards. Ahead of guys like Adrian Peterson. That has to count for something.

He's not the fastest RB in our division, he's not the strongest, but the guy just gets it done. And he's not the product of a good oline either, he's doing it mostly on his own.

NY+Giants=NYG
11-18-2010, 08:57 AM
And now our offensive line is hurt again..

David D. partially torn hamstring

O'hara right ankle

Beatty is coming back from injury
Booth is hurt
Andrews left practice because of a back

So basically Snee, Rich S, and Kareem M. are holding it down with rookies and such.

Oh, and Smith and Barden are out.

I am surprised Bradshaw is still doing a decent job with all these issues.