3. Amari Spievey, CB - Iowa
4. Jason Fox, OT - Miami
7. Willie Young, DE - NC State
7. Tim Toone, WR - Weber St.

5th rounder for Corey Williams,DT
5th rounder for Rob Sims, OG
6th rounder for Chris Houston, CB
2011 7th rounder for Shaun Hill, QB

Share your thoughts about the draft class and what you may have done differently.

Brodeur
05-02-2010, 07:55 PM
I approve of an A because Suh and Best are Lions, Spuh-vay is going to start, Fox has solid potential as a tackle, and Willie Young could be a solid situational pass rusher. Of course the badass trades didn't hurt.

Prowler
05-02-2010, 08:26 PM
great draft. A. only thing keeping it from an A+ is losing value in the Best trade. he may not have been there at the top of the 2nd, but it still cost us either chris cook and everson griffen/bruce campbell.

Suh-adding Sims made this easy. would not have done differently.
Best-i would have waited, but i still like the idea of the trade up.
Spievey-love the pick. i may have went with bowman or chad jones though.
Fox-reshad jones, larry asante, and petrus were tempting but i love the idea of fox as our swingman at tackle and potential heir. it makes next year's draft less dependent on need.

williams, sims, houston, and hill trades were all about mayhew stealing talent at low cost. even when he thought he overpaid in houston, he went ahead and strong-armed things down to fix his mistake. A+ in predraft deals.

P-L
05-02-2010, 08:34 PM
I'll say A-.

nmb1114
05-02-2010, 10:39 PM
A- from my side as well.

I thought we should of got one more person in the secondary.

Addict
05-03-2010, 07:05 AM
I'd say A+, but considering I'm still not 100% on board on Spievey and that weird 7th for future 6th trade I'll say B+. More than adequate.

tblain1
05-03-2010, 09:07 AM
I said A+ since we drafted starters and used 3rd day picks to get other starters. Very well orchestrated draft. Also we landed the biggest talent in the draft in Suh.

Prowler
05-03-2010, 11:18 AM
gotta love this feeling. i remember giving our gosder draft a B. this is on a totally different level.

thenewfeature06
05-03-2010, 11:21 AM
Best is going to help Stafford out a ton in the flats and curls, Suh, well yeah.
Spievey could develop into a #1 guy but he needs some work. Fox is a great OL who can probably play RT or LT in the future, and Willie Young is a long lanky pass rush/decent tackler who could be a poor mans Julian Peterson.

ironman4579
05-04-2010, 10:46 AM
I gave it an A-. I love the first four picks. The trades were exceptional, although I'm not a big fan of Chris Houston. But for a 6th round pick? I have no problem with that. As has been stated above, I'd have liked another guy in the secondary, but you can't get everything, and an improved pass rush should help the secondary a ton.

And hey, who knows? Someone from the UDFA group might turn out to be a nice role player in the secondary in a couple years, though we didn't sign anyone I can honestly say I'm incredibly knowledgable about.

I love the feeling of these last two Mayhew drafts.

tblain1
05-04-2010, 04:10 PM
7. Tim Toone, WR - Weber St.

I love how Tim Toone's photo looks like a bad rasta-photo shop job on an otherwise normal looking white dude. I bet that guy is a real character.

Aard
05-04-2010, 07:46 PM
I gave 'em a B-, the lowest grade awarded so far, but that was without considering the draft picks traded away for established veterans. I amend my grade to A-.

SINCE1978
05-04-2010, 08:26 PM
No grade. I'm not qualified ... neither are any of you couch jockies!
What are you basing it on?

Hearsay?
Speculation?
Popularity?

I'm not trying to be all negative or anything, but not 1 NFL snap has been played yet and grades get handed out. It drives me bananas! In college, Do professors assign students grades when we walk in the first class & get handed the syllabus? NO you douchtards, life does not work that way!!! ;o)

Scotty D
05-04-2010, 09:26 PM

Hearsay?
Speculation?
Popularity?

I'm not trying to be all negative or anything, but not 1 NFL snap has been played yet and grades get handed out. It drives me bananas! In college, Do professors assign students grades when we walk in the first class & get handed the syllabus? NO you douchtards, life does not work that way!!! ;o)

I grade this post a D+, lol

I look at if teams addressed needs, what kind of value the team got when drafting, and then I mix in personal opinions about the guys they drafted.

tblain1
05-05-2010, 09:46 AM

Hearsay?
Speculation?
Popularity?

This is a forum that discusses the draft. EVERYTHING up to this point is hearsay speculation and popularity. BOOOOOOOOO 1978!!!!

SINCE1978
05-05-2010, 08:22 PM
I know, I know ... boo me ;o)

Addict
05-06-2010, 02:54 AM

Hearsay?
Speculation?
Popularity?

Life doesn't but internet forums do.

FUNBUNCHER
05-22-2010, 08:45 AM
Jason Fox could be the most pivotal pick for the Lions in 2010. I think he starts somewhere on that Oline and gives Stafford and Megatron more chances to get nasty in the passing game.

I see a big turnaround season for Detroit in 2010, 8-8 seems very realistic IMO.

frubulubu
05-25-2010, 11:02 PM
A+ Im a little late, but it was a terrific draft. You have at least two starters and loads of depth.