PDA

View Full Version : 2010- Best NFC EAST DB

BaLLiN
05-03-2010, 06:24 PM
Alright, i hope we can all settle our differences and resolve our arguments to be less threatening and ridiculous.

NY+Giants=NYG
05-03-2010, 06:26 PM
Alright, i hope we can all settle our differences and resolve our arguments to be less threatening and ridiculous.

C.C. Brown... Next topic please!

BaLLiN
05-03-2010, 06:30 PM
its hard to say for me, theres no clear cut winner here.

superman8456
05-03-2010, 06:43 PM
Asante Samuel is damn good. Very tough vote, however.

D-Unit
05-03-2010, 06:46 PM
You can vote if you want, but Mike Jenkins at the top of the class here.

LonghornsLegend
05-03-2010, 06:49 PM
I don't know what to make of the Giants DB's. I've ALWAYS been a big big Aaron Ross fan, but he's battled injuries alot lately, still even with that is he an elite #1 corner? I don't know. Webster was playing like it but did the change to primarily zone hurt him? Roy E did make him look silly a few times and well, Roy sucks and you could count on one hand his good plays all year, a few were on Webster so I don't know.

Love the potential of Terrell Thomas, but I need to see how Ross and Webster bounce back before I say them.

Gotta go with Jenkins, his improvement was just collossal from rookie to sophmore year and he may still get better. Now before anyone breaks out the annointing oil he has to keep it up and/or continually get better. People wanted to make Antonio Cromartie a top 5-10 corner way too fast among other guys.

I really liked him before the draft though and he looked and played the part of a stud #1 CB, he improved his coverage quite a bit and his aggressiveness even more. What I like about him is he's physical, loves to get his hands on the Wr, has great coverage but he has that rare ability to turn and make a play on the ball in the air at it's highest point.

This is something that Terrance Newman couldn't even really do in his prime even when he was providing great coverage, that's a talent I love to have out of my DB.

I have to roll with Jenkins until he shows me he falls off, and I see how some of those Giants DB's bounce back.

p.s. Terrance Newman sucks ass

Malaka
05-03-2010, 07:07 PM
I think its Corey Webster but if we run a more zone cover scheme he won't be for much longer.

LonghornsLegend
05-03-2010, 07:10 PM
I think its Corey Webster but if we run a more zone cover scheme he won't be for much longer.

I guess that's why you guys were hoping Fewell wasn't running a cover 2 scheme. Webster is a man cover guy, hell if we put Jenkins in primarily a zone scheme his play would drop off some too. The best guys can do both, but I think every DB has one they excell in more then others.

TACKLE
05-03-2010, 07:13 PM
Where is my boy Kenny Phillips at in the poll? I can confidently say that he is the best safety in the division and is in contention for best DB.

Sniper
05-03-2010, 07:16 PM
Mike Jenkins- not particularily close.

BaLLiN
05-03-2010, 07:25 PM
Where is my boy Kenny Phillips at in the poll? I can confidently say that he is the best safety in the division and is in contention for best DB.

theres no way of telling how he'll be this year, plus the drafting of Chad Jones and signing of Deon Grant aren't exactly good signs.

Sniper
05-03-2010, 07:26 PM
Also, how long is it going to take before people learn that it's Asante Samuel, not Samuels?

BaLLiN
05-03-2010, 07:39 PM
I don't know what to make of the Giants DB's. I've ALWAYS been a big big Aaron Ross fan, but he's battled injuries alot lately, still even with that is he an elite #1 corner? I don't know. Webster was playing like it but did the change to primarily zone hurt him? Roy E did make him look silly a few times and well, Roy sucks and you could count on one hand his good plays all year, a few were on Webster so I don't know.

Yeah i hope/believe that Ross will bounce back. He has everything necessary to be a good #2 corner against a possession receiver. Yes, he's a little stiff in the hips, but when he wasn't injured he was a ballhawk. I hope he bulked up a little, because he's never been that big and it has clearly hurt him in taking on those possession receivers.

Webster isn't too great at taking on bigger WR's that can run, not many corners are. But he is god awful in zone, when Lewis was our DC, Webster might as well have been on the practice squad. I honestly don't know how he does what he does, it must have alot to do with football smarts, because he's not particularly fast or agile.

Love the potential of Terrell Thomas, but I need to see how Ross and Webster bounce back before I say them.

I am weary of Thomas, i like him but i don't like how he takes chances on balls and tries to freelance. Other than that, he is a pretty good all around corner, despite not having the height of Ross or Webster.

Gotta go with Jenkins, his improvement was just collossal from rookie to sophmore year and he may still get better. Now before anyone breaks out the annointing oil he has to keep it up and/or continually get better. People wanted to make Antonio Cromartie a top 5-10 corner way too fast among other guys

yeah this is why i can't decide, is it the fact that teams could go after Newman and Jenkins capitalized on 2nd reads? or is he really good? Does he just suck at covering Jeremy Maclin? :D

p.s. Terrance Newman sucks ass

agreed, just wanted to weed out the dilusional.

BaLLiN
05-03-2010, 07:39 PM
Also, how long is it going to take before people learn that it's Asante Samuel, not Samuels?

haha my bad. i actually had samuel before but asante samuel didn't sound right to me.

scottyboy
05-03-2010, 08:47 PM
if healthy, i fully believe it'll be KP. i freakin' love him. but from these...meh, not sure. probably samuel. maybe.

bigbluedefense
05-03-2010, 08:47 PM
It's Mike Jenkins. He really came on mid way through last season. He's a beast.

Corey Webster is #2 right now. If we go to a zone scheme, we're screwed though, Web is horrible in zone.

Our entire secondary is built for man coverage, so it wouldn't just be Corey who gets screwed in that situation.

I loved Jenkins coming out. That draft, I loved Jenkins, DMC, Cason, and Phillips for the Giants. I wanted us to move up to nab Jenkins. Then after Dallas got him, I wanted Cason to fall to us. After he was gone, KP was a nice consolation prize (although maybe not if his career is over).

But yeah, love Jenkins. Beast. He has it all, the size, the speed, the technique, the ball skills, the versatility, he's got everything.

bigbluedefense
05-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Asante is the most overrated CB in our division. He's a horrible tackler, he constantly misses his assignment, and he gets toasted for big plays on many occasions.

He sprinkles in some picks here and there bc he's constantly breaking off his assignment to gamble on picks. He always needs safety help bc of this. He's a glorified Tampa 2 CB. He's asked to play press man and doesn't do it, bc he likes playing off coverage so he can read the qb and jump routes. Even after his teammates (Mikell) and coaches call him out, he still doesn't listen.

He's not anywhere near the best. Jenkins, Webster, and Terrell Thomas are all better than him.

And as for KP, he's the best in the division IF he recovers from his knee. Thats a big if though, and from the looks of things, the Giants aren't very confident in that happening. We sign Rolle to a huge contract, and draft Jones in the 3rd round. Plus Reese always says that KP's injury is difficult to overcome. So all of that points to signs that he's never going to be the same.

scottyboy
05-03-2010, 08:56 PM
yea, i refuse to choose a USF AND Dallas player, and didn't wanna go all out homer with TT or C-Web. i fully believe in KP. god he's an animal

LonghornsLegend
05-03-2010, 08:57 PM
Who is Philly's other starting corner this year? I thought they would address it alot sooner, and also thought they could sit tight, keep those extra 3rds and take Kyle Wilson since Marlin Jackson at FS is probably better then their CB options.

I can see that being a rough year for them, I still like Samuel, but as you said BBD he needs to be primarily in zone, nothing but it. His instincts are still great, I won't short change him, but for his ****** tackling and how often he gets beats it's a catch-22. I've seen him get beat deep on so many double moves it's not even funny.

It's cool when he is playing a short zone, and has safety help, but even if he knows he's the last option he still bites on the short stuff. NE did a great job of disguising his weaknesses and putting him in situations that played to his strengths, too many times in Philly he's asked to do things he doesn't do very well.

If you can put him opposite a CB who can shadow his WR man to man, or in a Cover 2 straight up and down, he could look like one of the best CB's in the league coverage wise. Ronde Barber will go down as a very great CB no doubt about it and made countless pro bowls, if he wasn't in a Tampa 2 scheme for his career you can easily question how good he would have looked some of those years.

FreshBoy!
05-03-2010, 08:59 PM
It's Jenkins.....but I'm a huge Aaron Ross Fan, and I believe if he can just stay healthy he'll be a great CB. That's just hoping right now though. Same with KP. I REALLY liked Ny's secondary, and thought it had the ability to be one of the best in the league.

Newman has fallen from grace so far it's ridiculous. Although I don't think he's a "bad" cb...he's awfully average.

LonghornsLegend
05-03-2010, 08:59 PM
yea, i refuse to choose a USF AND Dallas player, and didn't wanna go all out homer with TT or C-Web. i fully believe in KP. god he's an animal

Lol that's just a bit too much eh :D

I'm a huge Phillips fan though and hated to hear about his injury. I was one of the few in the Cowboys forums that season that stated how bad our safeties were sucking and that we needed to draft Phillips with that late 2nd. I was still saying we should have until the most recent injury he suffered.

Mike Jenkins/K Phillips/J. Charles would of been a great start to that draft for us, but I was hoping we have a hard look at Phillips and Devin Thomas at the 28 spot. Phillips is a man child though, just tough to rank safeties and CB's together. He's a player though.

D-Unit
05-03-2010, 09:00 PM
I don't think Safeties should be considered in this thread. It's a completely different position. Plus, I'm sure you all would love to see a vote on how the Dallas safeties are the worst in the division. :p

LonghornsLegend
05-03-2010, 09:01 PM
It's Jenkins.....but I'm a huge Aaron Ross Fan, and I believe if he can just stay healthy he'll be a great CB. That's just hoping right now though.

Newman has fallen from grace so far it's ridiculous. ALthough I don't think he's a "bad" cb...he's awfully average.

Ross isn't, and never really was that 'lockdown CB' type of DB. He just has a knack for the football and amazing ball skills, he always knows where the ball is and how to find it, create turnovers, all of the above. A guy I'd love to have as a #2, you just can't ask him to shut down #1 WR's week in and out, but he'll go and get the ball for you though.

Needs to shake the injury bug and hopefully the experiment of moving him to safety is over now.

scottyboy
05-03-2010, 09:01 PM
Lol that's just a bit too much eh :D

I'm a huge Phillips fan though and hated to hear about his injury. I was one of the few in the Cowboys forums that season that stated how bad our safeties were sucking and that we needed to draft Phillips with that late 2nd. I was still saying we should have until the most recent injury he suffered.

Mike Jenkins/K Phillips/J. Charles would of been a great start to that draft for us, but I was hoping we have a hard look at Phillips and Devin Thomas at the 28 spot. Phillips is a man child though, just tough to rank safeties and CB's together. He's a player though.

agreed about safeties and CB's together. maybe should've been seperated.

and yea...I mean, a cowboys AND from USF? I mean, you put a gun to my head saying best CB in the division...well, you'd have a dead scotty.

bigbluedefense
05-03-2010, 09:02 PM
Who is Philly's other starting corner this year? I thought they would address it alot sooner, and also thought they could sit tight, keep those extra 3rds and take Kyle Wilson since Marlin Jackson at FS is probably better then their CB options.

I can see that being a rough year for them, I still like Samuel, but as you said BBD he needs to be primarily in zone, nothing but it. His instincts are still great, I won't short change him, but for his ****** tackling and how often he gets beats it's a catch-22. I've seen him get beat deep on so many double moves it's not even funny.

It's cool when he is playing a short zone, and has safety help, but even if he knows he's the last option he still bites on the short stuff. NE did a great job of disguising his weaknesses and putting him in situations that played to his strengths, too many times in Philly he's asked to do things he doesn't do very well.

If you can put him opposite a CB who can shadow his WR man to man, or in a Cover 2 straight up and down, he could look like one of the best CB's in the league coverage wise. Ronde Barber will go down as a very great CB no doubt about it and made countless pro bowls, if he wasn't in a Tampa 2 scheme for his career you can easily question how good he would have looked some of those years.

Thats why Sheldon Brown was such a great player to match with Samuel. Bc with all the zone blitz they do, and with Sheldon covering the best option in man all game, that allowed Samuel to do what he does and get the proper safety help up top that he needed.

I thought they were gonna stand pat and nab Kareem Jackson or Kyle Wilson, 2 CBs I absolutely loved in this draft. Can't knock em for Brandon Graham though, I LOVE Graham.

But yeah, Samuel and Ellis Hobbs as their 1 and 2, with Hanson as their 3. The Giants and Cowboys are going to dick down that secondary like never before.

This is the first time in awhile that Philly has a poor secondary.

brat316
05-03-2010, 10:04 PM
I would go Asante, but he needs to learn to tackle.

I want to pick Jenkins, but if he shows up again this year then I'm for him. For now I give it to Webster.

frubulubu
05-04-2010, 12:21 AM
Mike Jenkins, hands down! Hobbs is the worst, although that might be another topic.

Thumper
05-04-2010, 12:37 AM
I hate Mike Jenkins, just throwing that out there and I really enjoyed watching him get smashed late last season. He looked really promising but I'm not ready to crown him yet, don't twist this point, he is a good young corner but he only really came on for half a season and then he got rocked late last season by Jeremy Maclin and Sidney Rice. If Jenkins can play like he did in the second half of last year all season this coming season I will be ready to put him at the top, right now he is just a young corner who flashed for half a season.

Corey Webster had one good season it was two seasons back where he was a top 5 corner in the NFL but not anymore. He came on for Spags during the superbowl run and he was great in the 2008 season but aside from that stretch he really hasn't been all that great. Last season I know he really struggled and that Thomas was the best CB on the team. Personally I think that Thomas is going to be the best CB in the division really soon and I think he outperformed Mike Jenkins last season, Thomas is a really good press corner, has really long arms and he is super physical, he was the Giants best defensive player last season IMO and he was actually the best run supporting corner in the entire NFL last season.

But at this point I still have to go with Asante Samuel, Thomas and Jenkins are going to pass him in the coming 2 seasons but Samuel right now is still the best defensive back in the division. Thomas and Jenkins flashed but they're still one year wonders (or in Jenkins' case 1/2 year wonders) where Asante Samuel has proven his worth over the course of his career. He is still one of, if not the best ball hawking corners in the entire NFL, he is super clutch in the playoffs and he usually always shows up in big games, he is really intelligent in terms of football and he really knows what is coming and when to jump a route. Occassionally he gets beaten but he makes up for it with is own big plays on interceptiosn. He wasn't great in the redzone last year but on numerous occassions it looked like Mikell just bit on a play action pass. I wish he would tackle but I still think that Asante is the best in the division.

Right now if I had to rank them it would be:
1. Asante Samuel
2. Terrell Thomas
3. Mike Jenkins
4. Corey Webster

Rosebud
05-04-2010, 11:47 AM
This is impossible to answer, if you're going to run a predominantly man scheme I have to go with Web because unless he's matched up with someone massive like Vjax he's one of the best BnR in the league even though he's pretty mediocre in zone. In a predominantly zone scheme I'd go with Asante because no one breaks on the ball out of their back pedal the way Asante can, even though in man he gets burned and in a 50/50 scheme I'd go with one of the young bucks, Jenkins or Thomas because both are very good man guys who can play zone very well and break on the ball.

I'm going to read through the thread to figure out who I want to vote for but I can't really argue with someone taking one of the 4 mentioned in the previous paragraph.

Edit:
So I ended up voting Corey, had some bad games this year where he was asked to play more zone or asked to shadow someone he just couldn't handle, Vjax, and then he got injured so I he did have a down year which could be used to rationalize dropping him down, but if he's not dramatically outsized he's one of the best corners in the league at just getting physical with and sticking to his man. I think Corey's shutdown man skills are on par with Asante's play making skills and since I prefer corners who shut down receivers more than ones who make plays I went with Corey, still this is very scheme and personnel defendant because you could definitely create a situation where no one would impact the game more than Asante.

Sniper
05-04-2010, 03:42 PM
1. Asante Samuel
3. Mike Jenkins

YhkNLHictW8

EDIT: It gets better. Let's go way back playback.

Get Asante Samuel off this god damn team right now. I can't even explain how pissed I am at him. Oh...

Alright here is the story, http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20100403_Paul_Domowitch__For_Eagles__cornering_She ldon_Brown_s_replacement_won_t_be_easy.html

Andy Reid says:

and Asante Samuel responds...
http://www.csnphilly.com/pages/landing/?blockID=209594&feedID=692

Asante Samuel **** you.

Waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit...there's more.

And Samuel really does need to shut the **** up, all Andy did was ask you to tackle, is that such a hard thing to do? Asante was the worst tackling corner in the NFL last year and it cost the Eagles big time on occasion. Yeah Asante, you can get interceptions, but remember all times that he completely ditched his assignment and jumped routes? I do, it sure led to some nice highlights, but he also got burned a few times doing it. All Andy wants you to do is tackle and its sad that he has to do that seeing as Asante is kind of a defender.

Ladies and gentlemen, Thumper's No. 1 NFC East corner!

Thumper
05-04-2010, 03:52 PM
You realize that I'm mad about him not tackling and him trashing the organization right? He is still a good corner, he ditches his assignments but he is the best playmaking CB in the league. And still at this point he is better than Mike Jenkins.

And Mike Jenkins isn't that great, he flashed for half a season. Whoop de doo! Potential is there but he only played like a top CB for half a season and then he got smashed at the end of the year by Maclin and Rice. If he can play like he did in the second half of the year all year next season he will be #2. I still think Thomas is going to be the best in the division in the future.

eaglesalltheway
05-04-2010, 03:55 PM
You realize that I'm mad about him not tackling and him trashing the organization right? He is still a good corner, he ditches his assignments but he is the best playmaking CB in the league. And still at this point he is better than Mike Jenkins.

And Mike Jenkins isn't that great, he flashed for half a season. Whoop de doo! Potential is there but he only played like a top CB for half a season and then he got smashed at the end of the year by Maclin and Rice. If he can play like he did in the second half of the year all year next season he will be #2. I still think Thomas is going to be the best in the division in the future.

Sniper....

But the Thumper doesn't FLIP FLOP!!!

The joke continues...

Thumper
05-04-2010, 04:01 PM
Sniper....

But the Thumper doesn't FLIP FLOP!!!

The joke continues...

EATW you are seriously ******* stupid. Please read that and show me where I said Asante isn't a good corner, I said he needs to tackle and that he jumps routes and gets burned on occassion. He is still better than Jenkins and Thomas at this point in their careers.

And please, show me where I flipped opinions, that post says he doesn't tackle and he jumps routes in a very angry way, I pointed that out in my description of Asante in this thread. Show me where I flipped, I didn't want him off the team because he was a bad player, I wanted him off the team because he was questioning Andy Reid's authority.

BaLLiN
05-04-2010, 06:25 PM
yay my sig holds true!!! Philly is really the city of brotherly love <33333

Supporting Caste
05-04-2010, 09:09 PM
I would still go with Sheldon Brown if he were in the division, but I have to go with Jenkins at this point.

It seems like this title changes so often, but it's hard not to be a believer in Jenkins after last year. He was definitely top 5 in the league.

BaLLiN
05-04-2010, 09:40 PM
He was definitely top 5 in the league.

i dont agree with this at all, he was good, but a lock for top 5?

Darrelle Revis
Charles Woodson
Sheldon Brown
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
Leon Hall

you could make the case for Nnamdi Asmougha because of his situation, but i wouldn't personally.

I would like to nominate Brandon Flowers, he played very well despite not having good safety play nor a good rush. Dude is a player, i wish we drafted him, but we never draft the DB's i want.

I don't think its as ridiculous, but its certainly not a lock

Thumper
05-04-2010, 09:55 PM
Top 5 is absolutely ridiculous, he played really well for half of a season and then in the last two games of the season he got lit up for 13 catches, 287 yards and 4 touchdowns in his two playoff games. Playing really good for half of a season does not put you in the top 5, especially when you get smashed the way he did at the end of the year. He is a good young corner but he sure as hell isn't top 5 in the NFL, he is barely top 3 in the division in my opinion and Terrell Thomas is IMO better than him.

There is no way in the world he can compete with Revis, Woodson, Scrabble, Leon Hall, Jonathan Joseph, Brandon Flowers, Jabari Greer, Sheldon Brown, Champ Bailey, and DRC.

Supporting Caste
05-04-2010, 10:05 PM
Your credibility is severely undermined by the fact that he allowed only one touchdown to Rice.

So you don't know what you're talking about. And your list is a joke, like most things you say.

Thumper
05-04-2010, 10:12 PM
Your credibility is severely undermined by the fact that he allowed only one touchdown to Rice.

So you don't know what you're talking about. And your list is a joke, like most things you say.

Whatever, he is still isn't top 5 in the NFL.

And those corners are all corners who are better than Mike Jenkins. I went ahead and left off Terrell Thomas and Asante from the list since I already said they were better. I even left off corners who might be better than Jenkins like Aqib Talib or Corey Webster. You overrate Jenkins immensely.

BaLLiN
05-05-2010, 06:24 AM

you don't have to be a douche to try to prove your point. You made an exaggeration, he could've gotten consideration, but he really doesn't deserve top 5 lock.

There is no way in the world he can compete with Revis, Woodson, Scrabble, Leon Hall, Jonathan Joseph, Brandon Flowers, Jabari Greer, Sheldon Brown, Champ Bailey, and DRC.

Greer didn't play that much compared to the other guys, but with teams having to pass against the saints to get back its possible that those lesser amount of snaps could be perceived as equal. I still wouldn't have Greer in my top 10 personally.

Bailey dropped off, idk if he gets Top 5 consideration anymore.

but otherwise those guys are all given consideration before Jenkins easily.

Supporting Caste
05-05-2010, 12:29 PM
you don't have to be a douche to try to prove your point. You made an exaggeration, he could've gotten consideration, but he really doesn't deserve top 5 lock.

I wasn't talking to you, douche.

I'd agree with Woodson, Revis and Brown, but that's it. DRC isn't on Jenkins' level and while I love Brandon Flowers (and originally wanted Dallas to draft him instead of Jenkins), I don't think he's on Jenkins' level right now, either.

Guys like Terrell Thomas and Aqib Talib being mentioned in the same conversation as Jenkins is laughable. You'd expect that kind of thing from Humper, though.

Supporting Caste
05-05-2010, 12:30 PM
Whatever, he is still isn't top 5 in the NFL.

And those corners are all corners who are better than Mike Jenkins. I went ahead and left off Terrell Thomas and Asante from the list since I already said they were better. I even left off corners who might be better than Jenkins like Aqib Talib or Corey Webster. You overrate Jenkins immensely.

"Whatever, my grounds for making the argument I did were totally wrong, but I know the argument is still sound."

You're smart.

FreshBoy!
05-05-2010, 01:38 PM
Why do you "Hate" Mike Jenkins, Thumper?

.......:confused:

K Train
05-05-2010, 01:44 PM
i love me some mike jenkins

BaLLiN
05-05-2010, 03:46 PM

I'd agree with Woodson, Revis and Brown, but that's it. DRC isn't on Jenkins' level and while I love Brandon Flowers (and originally wanted Dallas to draft him instead of Jenkins), I don't think he's on Jenkins' level right now, either.

Guys like Terrell Thomas and Aqib Talib being mentioned in the same conversation as Jenkins is laughable. You'd expect that kind of thing from Humper, though.

DRC is soo much better than Jenkins, and can be much worse at times. But as a full package, he played well enough this past year to be considered a Top 5 corner.

I didn't say either of those guys, so that must not be addressed to me. It isn't laughable at all. Its not a good evaluation in your opinion and my opinion (Giants fan), but its not ridiculous. Saying mike jenkins is a lock for top 5 corner performance of last year isn't ridiculous, but it is no where near a lock.

Btw you clearly forgot Leon Hall, who is easily better than Mike Jenkins. Brandon Flowers, as i said before, should be deemed deserving of at least a bit of consideration with his efforts on such a bad team.

Stop going after people, and making unnecessary negative comments. Thumper is a homer, he sometimes does the same thing, but there is no reason for starting something.

Supporting Caste
05-05-2010, 05:42 PM
You called me a douche first, and I'm the one going after people making negative comments.

Stop being ridiculous.

Thumper said something false and I pointed it out. Whoops. I apologize.

bigbluedefense
05-05-2010, 06:38 PM
Mike Jenkins is the best CB in the division, but it's hard to call him a top 5 guy in my eyes.

1. Revis
2. Nmandi
3. Woodson

To me, those stand out by themselves, then theres a group of CBs that fall 1 tier below them altogether. Sort of hard to separate them from each other bc of various reasons. I think Jenkins falls into that 2nd tier.

BaLLiN
05-05-2010, 06:41 PM
You called me a douche first, and I'm the one going after people making negative comments.

Stop being ridiculous.

i said "you don't have to be a douche to try to prove your point". This implies that you were acting like a douche, not always a douche. When you attack someone in order to prove a point you're clearly deserving of that name.

Thumper stated his opinion and argued his point, its not wrong, its not right. Its an observation based on his perspective, and no matter how much of a homer he can be (including downgrading rival teams' players) you don't go and do what you did.

You clearly started the attack on thumper. Don't try to deny it, just avoid doing it and if you can't, just block him. It adds nothing to an argument if you base your argument off of someone else's perceived issues.

BaLLiN
05-05-2010, 06:45 PM
Mike Jenkins is the best CB in the division, but it's hard to call him a top 5 guy in my eyes.

1. Revis
2. Nmandi
3. Woodson

To me, those stand out by themselves, then theres a group of CBs that fall 1 tier below them altogether. Sort of hard to separate them from each other bc of various reasons. I think Jenkins falls into that 2nd tier.

BBD im pretty sure its Nnamdi not Nmandi :D

And idk if i agree, i think he digressed. Hakeem Nicks even burnt him twice (once Nicks was narrowly out of bounds). He's good, but this year was a down year.

eaglesalltheway
05-05-2010, 06:49 PM
BBD im pretty sure its Nnamdi not Nmandi :D

And idk if i agree, i think he digressed. Hakeem Nicks even burnt him twice (once Nicks was narrowly out of bounds). He's good, but this year was a down year.

??? He backtracked from his previous statement?

I think you are looking for regressed, lol.

BaLLiN
05-05-2010, 06:51 PM
??? He backtracked from his previous statement?

I think you are looking for regressed, lol.

yeah my bad, they're soo close though!

eaglesalltheway
05-05-2010, 07:01 PM
yeah my bad, they're soo close though!

Its all good, I had two posts in a row where I corrected someone, it felt weird. I felt Sniper-like, haha (though the other post was a typo or forgetting).

Thumper
05-05-2010, 08:10 PM
Why do you "Hate" Mike Jenkins, Thumper?

.......:confused:

Because he is an epic douche bag who is super arrogant and annoying.

FreshBoy!
05-05-2010, 08:12 PM
And how does that differ from the gentleman in your signature?

Thumper
05-05-2010, 08:19 PM

Whoops, just because he gave up only one touchdown to Sidney Rice I guess that makes him a top 5 corner in the NFL... Do you realize how stupid that is? That a guy can play average for half a season, then play well for the other half because his pass rush finally came alive and become a top 5 corner. I guess its a Cowboy thing...

And you realize that me saying Terrell Thomas is better than Mike Jenkins and that Talib might be isn't ridiculous right? Thomas was just as good in coverage as Mike Jenkins and he was the best run supporting corner in the NFL and Talib while he was burned more often because of his gambling but he was actually better in coverage most of the time and he was a better run supporter.

Why don't you hop off Mike Jenkins ****?

Thumper
05-05-2010, 08:20 PM
And how does that differ from the gentleman in your signature?

Jenkins plays for a rival team.

FreshBoy!
05-05-2010, 08:24 PM
Jenkins plays for a rival team.

But you admit Desean is an "epic douchebag who is super arrogant and annoying" otherwise?

Thumper
05-05-2010, 08:31 PM
But you admit Desean is an "epic douchebag who is super arrogant and annoying" otherwise?

Well to the other team's fans yeah he is...

http://i49.tinypic.com/2hx27up.gif

I would be ticked if Miles Austin did that

BaLLiN
05-05-2010, 08:32 PM

"Whatever, my grounds for making the argument I did were totally wrong, but I know the argument is still sound."

You're smart.

the middle one was addressed to me (others to Thumper who didn't do anything back or anything to deserve it), but i did say "you dont have to be a douche to prove your point". Not that he is one, that he acted like one. He wasn't really adding to anything, and now overlooking it again i dont think its necessary to do what i said, but what he did was just completely unnecessary.

Edit: the last one is kindof funny, but he's obviously going out of his way to attack thumper

eaglesalltheway
05-05-2010, 10:00 PM
Definition of a hypocrite. Your allowed to like a guy on your team but he isn't? I'm not saying Jenkins is a top five corner or anything, but why is it ok for you to make such statements, but rival fans can't? I can't tell you how many times everyone has politely (then progressively less politely) asked you to hop off of Kolb's, then Maclin, but you still don't listen. What makes you think he will listen to you, if you can't listen to multiple posters telling you about the same problem you have?

Honestly, I could give a crap. Its football, celebrate, let another player celebrate when they make a play. Why is it ok to give Eagles players the golden key to do whatever they want, but OMGzzzz, a Cowboy celebrated a touchdown!!!!?!?!?! As long as he isn't breaking rules or taunting, let it go. I guess you've given up on trying to say your not a hypocrite? Because you've done it a bunch of times your last few posts. You're getting sloppy, EF45.

Supporting Caste
05-05-2010, 10:07 PM
Whoops, just because he gave up only one touchdown to Sidney Rice I guess that makes him a top 5 corner in the NFL... Do you realize how stupid that is? That a guy can play average for half a season, then play well for the other half because his pass rush finally came alive and become a top 5 corner. I guess its a Cowboy thing...

And you realize that me saying Terrell Thomas is better than Mike Jenkins and that Talib might be isn't ridiculous right? Thomas was just as good in coverage as Mike Jenkins and he was the best run supporting corner in the NFL and Talib while he was burned more often because of his gambling but he was actually better in coverage most of the time and he was a better run supporter.

Why won't you stop talking about things you know nothing about?

First you say Jenkins did great the first half and fell off in the second. Then you say he only played well for the second half after his pass rush 'finally came alive.'

The problem with this new argument of yours, which directly contradicts your original version, is that Jenkins played great all year. His low point, in fact, would be the end of the year, with the Vick pass to Maclin and the Rice touchdown, the latter of which he had great coverage but just wasn't big enough to keep Rice from pulling it down.

The fact that you repeatedly put your foot in your mouth further undermines your claims regarding other players who you say are as good as/better than Jenkins.

If you don't know anything about Jenkins and still make grand conclusions regarding him, it's safe to assume you do the same for most other players you talk about.

Dude, stop being ridiculous.

Thumper
05-05-2010, 10:13 PM
Definition of a hypocrite. Your allowed to like a guy on your team but he isn't? I'm not saying Jenkins is a top five corner or anything, but why is it ok for you to make such statements, but rival fans can't? I can't tell you how many times everyone has politely (then progressively less politely) asked you to hop off of Kolb's, then Maclin, but you still don't listen. What makes you think he will listen to you, if you can't listen to multiple posters telling you about the same problem you have?[quote]

Difference is that I'm not going around talking about how they're top in the league, I've made long and probably far too drawn out cases for Kolb and Maclin but never have I said something that homer. I've said I think Kolb will succeed and be a good QB and that Maclin is a top young receiver in the division. Never have I said or implied they're one of the best at their spot in the NFL. Him calling Jenkins a top 5 corner is just dumb, my points are sensible I'm just irritating about making them, he is wrong and he is being a douche about it.

[quote]Honestly, I could give a crap. Its football, celebrate, let another player celebrate when they make a play. Why is it ok to give Eagles players the golden key to do whatever they want, but OMGzzzz, a Cowboy celebrated a touchdown!!!!?!?!?! As long as he isn't breaking rules or taunting, let it go. I guess you've given up on trying to say your not a hypocrite? Because you've done it a bunch of times your last few posts. You're getting sloppy, EF45.

Oh, you don't think jogging into the endzone backwards is arrogant? That was really arrogant and cocky and you know it just as well as I do, DeSean is basically saying "I'm so much better than you I can back into the endzone." I would be ticked kind of like I am when Miles Austin does that stupid thing after a first down ticks me off soooo much, where he fakes making the first down sign, starts walking back and then he storms back and violently makes the first down sign.

LonghornsLegend
05-05-2010, 10:15 PM
The book is out on Thumper, no need in even debating that anymore.

If a guy plays for any other team for NFC East he hates them and seriously downgrades how good they are. It would be hilarious to listen to him talk about how sorry and overrated Asante is if he was a Cowboy or Redskin. He hates all the other NFC East drafts.

He is allowed to talk you to death about a QB with 2 career starts and a WR who has played 1 season like they are the next HOF QB-WR combo, and he doesn't care that he uses the same argument each time it comes up. Although if you talk up your players, or like your players, he'll tell you to "calm down" or it will piss him off. We should only discuss Eagles players and only talk about them if your going to admit they are going to be awesome in the very near future.

Same old thing, but we are all the annoying homers though, he just speaks the truth and is never wrong lol. I won't waste my time anymore, same thing in every thread he pops up in.

Thumper
05-05-2010, 10:17 PM
Why won't you stop talking about things you know nothing about?

First you say Jenkins did great the first half and fell off in the second. Then you say he only played well for the second half after his pass rush 'finally came alive.'

The problem with this new argument of yours, which directly contradicts your original version, is that Jenkins played great all year. His low point, in fact, would be the end of the year, with the Vick pass to Maclin and the Rice touchdown, the latter of which he had great coverage but just wasn't big enough to keep Rice from pulling it down.

The fact that you repeatedly put your foot in your mouth further undermines your claims regarding other players who you say are as good as/better than Jenkins.

If you don't know anything about Jenkins and still make grand conclusions regarding him, it's safe to assume you do the same for most other players you talk about.

Dude, stop being ridiculous.

Speaking of putting your foot in your mouth... Try going back and reading again ;).

I said that Mike Jenkins was nothing special in the first half of the season, played well in the second half of the season and then got smashed in his 2 playoff games.

I'm not making grand assumptions, you just think Mike Jenkins is better than he is, he is no better than Talib and he is slightly worse than Thomas.

Thumper
05-05-2010, 10:29 PM
If a guy plays for any other team for NFC East he hates them and seriously downgrades how good they are. It would be hilarious to listen to him talk about how sorry and overrated Asante is if he was a Cowboy or Redskin. He hates all the other NFC East drafts.

Most of your post is just made up **** so I'm not even going to bother responding.

And this part of your post is just wrong, best NFC East running back thread, I made a case for Felix Jones. Remember the best NFC East quarterback thread? I said Eli Manning was the best. And I really don't dislike all other NFC East players, just Keith Brooking, Jay Ratliff, Dez Bryant, Miles Austin and Mike Jenkins. I like Fred Davis, I've said Hakeem Nicks is going to be a top 5 receiver in the NFL in the future, I've said that Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly will improve with McNabb, I've said that I really like Justin Tuck, I've said that I really liked the Nebraska LB that the Giants drafted, I've said that Mike Jenkins and Terrell Thomas are really good young corners. I've said a ton stuff that doesn't show that I hate all NFC East players, I don't mind Giants and Redskins players at all, I just can't ******* stand the Cowboys.

eaglesalltheway
05-05-2010, 10:29 PM
Oh, you don't think jogging into the endzone backwards is arrogant? That was really arrogant and cocky and you know it just as well as I do, DeSean is basically saying "I'm so much better than you I can back into the endzone." I would be ticked kind of like I am when Miles Austin does that stupid thing after a first down ticks me off soooo much, where he fakes making the first down sign, starts walking back and then he storms back and violently makes the first down sign.

Read the post again, did I say anything about cocky or arrogant? No. For someone who likes to tell everyone else to read better, you sure are good at not reading yourself. Don't throw stones if you live in a house made of glass.

Also, who gives a rats ass if it cocky or arrogant!? If that's how a player wants to express himself, let him do it. If his opponent doesn't like it, you have the opportunity to redeem yourself. If you fail again, they have every right to maintain their cockiness if they so choose. Obviously you've never played football if you don't understand this. (And are getting that upset with Austin's first down celebration.) Freddie Mitchell and Reggie Brown did the same thing, but you weren't whining then. Why does it have to be a rival for it to be wrong?

eaglesalltheway
05-05-2010, 10:34 PM
Most of your post is just made up **** so I'm not even going to bother responding.

And I really don't dislike all other NFC East players, just Keith Brooking, Jay Ratliff, Dez Bryant, Miles Austin and Mike Jenkins.

I don't mind Giants and Redskins players at all, I just can't ******* stand the Cowboys.

Ratliff is a beast, one of my favorite players in the NFL. He isn't cocky, doesn't talk **** (if he does he backs it up, and I've never heard it)... I'd love to know why you hate him. I also don't get why you hate Brooking, as far as I know the guy is a class act and a good person.

Dude, I hate the Cowboys too, but you are blinded by your hatred towards them. There are a lot of great players (and great people) in their organization. Its not like they're the antichrist because they get a paycheck from Jerry Jones.

Supporting Caste
05-05-2010, 10:34 PM
Speaking of putting your foot in your mouth... Try going back and reading again ;).

I said that Mike Jenkins was nothing special in the first half of the season, played well in the second half of the season and then got smashed in his 2 playoff games.

I assumed by saying "he played well for half a season" and then referring to his downfall as the last two games you were implying that his playing well didn't occur in, you know, the second half of the year, which is where those two games were.

The problem still stands: Jenkins was excellent in the first half. You obviously just weren't watching.

I'm not making grand assumptions, you just think Mike Jenkins is better than he is, he is no better than Talib and he is slightly worse than Thomas.

Oh, I see what's tripping you up. You're just looking at their stats.

Talib and Thomas have more tackles, therefore they are better than Jenkins, right?

Try watching the players, doofus. Jenkins had fewer tackles cuz he didn't get beat. The Tampa and New York pass defenses were awful last year and you can't say that had nothing to do with Thomas or Talib.

Thumper
05-05-2010, 10:38 PM
No, thats not tripping me up. But I can see what's tripping you up, you have your silver and blue glasses on. Talib and Thomas are on the same tier as Jenkins, Talib is slightly worse and Thomas is slightly better.

eaglesalltheway
05-05-2010, 10:40 PM
I assumed by saying "he played well for half a season" and then referring to his downfall as the last two games you were implying that his playing well didn't occur in, you know, the second half of the year, which is where those two games were.

The problem still stands: Jenkins was excellent in the first half. You obviously just weren't watching.

Talib and Thomas have more tackles, therefore they are better than Jenkins, right?

Try watching the players, doofus. Jenkins had fewer tackles cuz he didn't get beat. The Tampa and New York pass defenses were awful last year and you can't say that had nothing to do with Thomas or Talib.

Don't feel bad for not being able to read the Thumper's mind, he expects all of us to do it I guess. When he says one thing he wants us to know he means something else. You know, like when you're with your woman... Its OK, rookie mistake, you just need to hone your ESP.

Thumper does rely on stats too often, but he does have a case for Terrell Thomas beign better in run support (even if he just got lucky). Not only is he willing, but he executes. Talib on the other hand... not so much.

eaglesalltheway
05-05-2010, 10:41 PM
No, thats not tripping me up. But I can see what's tripping you up, you have your silver and blue glasses on. Talib and Thomas are on the same tier as Jenkins, Talib is slightly worse and Thomas is slightly better.

How can you tell his glasses are silver and blue when yours are midnight green?

Thumper
05-05-2010, 10:49 PM
Ratliff is a beast, one of my favorite players in the NFL. He isn't cocky, doesn't talk **** (if he does he backs it up, and I've never heard it)... I'd love to know why you hate him. I also don't get why you hate Brooking, as far as I know the guy is a class act and a good person.

Dude, I hate the Cowboys too, but you are blinded by your hatred towards them. There are a lot of great players (and great people) in their organization. Its not like they're the antichrist because they get a paycheck from Jerry Jones.

I dislike Ratliff because of that stupid thing he does after getting a sack where he just screams and goes crazy. And I don't like Brooking because he went on the radio and said that the Cowboys knew what plays were coming in the two games. I'm sure they're nice guys off the field but I don't care.

Thumper
05-05-2010, 10:50 PM
How can you tell his glasses are silver and blue when yours are midnight green?

My glasses are off right now, we're not talking about the Eagles.

Rosebud
05-05-2010, 10:52 PM

Well. It's unfair to hold the giants defensive woes against Thomas. Our pass rush fell apart once Tuck got injured and Osi didn't recover from his knee 100%. Add to that an embarrassing run defense and CC ******* BROWN at safety next to Michael Johnson. Our corners where the least of our problem despite Corey Webster missing some games and Aaron Ross being banged up to. Thomas played really well in most games, he had a few bad games, but he's still young and that's okay, he'll get more consistent with time. Not saying he's better than Jenkins, because Jenkins did have a fantastic year while Thomas had some slip ups, but he's still improving to so don't go attacking a very good young corner just because an imbecilic hater is trashing on a corner who has looked really good for one year. If two years from now Thomas hasn't eliminated the bad games and Jenkins only improves then fine, **** on TT when talking about Jenkins, but right now both have impressed even though Jenkins has been more consistent.

I dislike Ratliff because of that stupid thing he does after getting a sack where he just screams and goes crazy. And I don't like Brooking because he went on the radio and said that the Cowboys knew what plays were coming in the two games. I'm sure they're nice guys off the field but I don't care.

Dude, **** off. Unless you're going to start hating Djax don't bring that hypocritical **** in here. Let it piss you off during the game, but don't get pissed at the players just celebrating a successful play, get pissed at your team for letting them do it. Otherwise you come as just the whinest of whiny bitches.

eaglesalltheway
05-05-2010, 11:00 PM
Dude, **** off. Unless you're going to start hating Djax don't bring that hypocritical **** in here. Let it piss you off during the game, but don't get pissed at the players just celebrating a successful play, get pissed at your team for letting them do it. Otherwise you come as just the whinest of whiny bitches.

But the Thumper isn't a hypocrite, don't you know he is perfect?

Supporting Caste
05-05-2010, 11:21 PM
(paraphrased) Terrell Thomas is good, actually.

I totally agree, I just think Jenkins is better based on last year. That could change (Cromartie sure as hell fell off fast, as did Nnamdi, so who knows what next year holds).

I'm indecisive about who I'd take in the division after Jenkins based on last year. I still think Samuels is really good, but it's hard for me to gauge Webster/Thomas effectively until they play a full season at the same time.

Rosebud
05-05-2010, 11:42 PM
I totally agree, I just think Jenkins is better based on last year. That could change (Cromartie sure as hell fell off fast, as did Nnamdi, so who knows what next year holds).

I'm indecisive about who I'd take in the division after Jenkins based on last year. I still think Samuels is really good, but it's hard for me to gauge Webster/Thomas effectively until they play a full season at the same time.

That's understandable. Our whole team fell apart around Eli last year and the D certainly underachieved.

I just hate to judge players based exclusively off of the previous year, even DeAngelo Hall looked like a monster once you know? I need to get a larger sample size before I'm ready to accept Jenkins as a top 5 corner in the league. Because if one season of great play is the only justification we need I will maintain the Corey should stay in the top 5, he was dominant the year before this one and this year only really got burned by Vjax, who simply flew over cweb, or when he was stuck in zone and then got injured.

I'm cool with saying Jenkins is probably the top guy heading into this year but it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Web bounce back with a more man focused scheme and better health, or for TT to continue to get more consistent and take those bad games out of his repertoire and over take Jenkins this year. Hell even Samual could be the top guy in the division if he starts tackling and is able to limit the big plays he gives up.

EDIT:
Similar I'm not dropping scrabble down my rankings either, one down year after how many simply dominant ones? If he has back to back down years we can start talking, but for now he's still tied with Revis and Woodson for that top tier ranking.

cunningham06
05-05-2010, 11:55 PM
and CC ******* BROWN at safety next to Michael Johnson.

Oh man, old Can't Cover Brown, I've watched him since his days back as a Texan. I reiterate the fact that he is one of the worst safeties I've ever seen.

On how they finished the season, gotta say it's Jenkins. Samuel's tackling was atrocious, and he was damn near uncoachable. As for Jenkins, I don't like the guy, but that doesn't change the fact that he's a damn good player.

Top 5 is an exaggeration though. If he can carry over how well he played this season into next season, then possibly.

I really hope Samuel gets back on track, he was an absolute animal two years ago in the playoffs. We wouldn't have made it past the Vikings in the playoffs if it weren't for that clutch interception of his.

Thumper
05-06-2010, 12:01 AM

Nah, DeSean Jackson just dances after he scores a touchdown, whatever, who cares, that thing where he backed into the endzone was stupid, not mad because I'm an Eagles fan and he scored for the Eagles and he did that insulting the Giants, if I was a Giants fan I have no doubt I would hate the guy. But the Cowboys just do stupid ****, I don't mind a first down signal from a player, Brent Celek occasionally makes a simple little first down gesture but there is no need to fake it and then come back and go all crazy doing it and take up even more time like Miles Austin does after every single first down. And I don't care about things like Jared Allen's little move after sacks, but I HATE that stupid roar thing he does after sacks, I like that Trent Cole and guys like DeMarcus Ware just sack him, maybe throw their arms up or something little and then return to the huddle. On the Cowboys I like Ware, Jones, Choice and Witten to name a few but I can't stand Barber, Ratliff, Austin, Jenkins and all the guys who just emanate arrogance and the I'm better than you and my **** don't stink attitude. Yeah DeSean dances after touchdowns, but at least he doesn't freak out almost every time he makes a catch and I will readily admit that DeSean is an egotistical and arrogant player who if I was an opposing fan would make me very mad.

Rosebud
05-06-2010, 12:11 AM
Nah, DeSean Jackson just dances after he scores a touchdown, whatever, who cares, that thing where he backed into the endzone was stupid, not mad because I'm an Eagles fan and he scored for the Eagles and he did that insulting the Giants, if I was a Giants fan I have no doubt I would hate the guy. But the Cowboys just do stupid ****, I don't mind a first down signal from a player, Brent Celek occassionally makes a simple little first down gesture but there is no need to fake it and then come back and go all crazy doing it and take up even more time like Miles Austin does after every single first down. And I don't care about things like Jared Allen's little move after sacks, but I HATE that stupid roar thing he does after sacks, I like that Trent Cole and guys like DeMarcus Ware just sack him, maybe throw their arms up or something little and then return to the huddle. I like Ware, Jones, Choice and Witten to name a few but I can't stand Barber, Ratliff, Austin, Jenkins and all the guys who just emanate arrogance and the I'm better than you and my **** don't stink attitude. Yeah DeSean dances after touchdowns, but at least he doesn't freak out almost every time he makes a catch and I will readily admit that DeSean is an egotistical and arrogant player who if I was an opposing fan would make me very mad.

Now I don't mean this to be funny, but if you truly believe all of what you just wrote and understand what you've written, you're an idiot. No offense.

tjsunstein
05-06-2010, 12:12 AM
I lol'd at the amount of votes Samuel got.

Nnamdi fell off fast? I must have missed that.

Supporting Caste
05-06-2010, 12:45 AM
You think his play from last year matched that of the hype he's received the past few years?

igglefanz
05-06-2010, 04:06 AM
Nah, DeSean Jackson just dances after he scores a touchdown, whatever, who cares, that thing where he backed into the endzone was stupid, not mad because I'm an Eagles fan and he scored for the Eagles and he did that insulting the Giants, if I was a Giants fan I have no doubt I would hate the guy. But the Cowboys just do stupid ****, I don't mind a first down signal from a player, Brent Celek occasionally makes a simple little first down gesture but there is no need to fake it and then come back and go all crazy doing it and take up even more time like Miles Austin does after every single first down. And I don't care about things like Jared Allen's little move after sacks, but I HATE that stupid roar thing he does after sacks, I like that Trent Cole and guys like DeMarcus Ware just sack him, maybe throw their arms up or something little and then return to the huddle. On the Cowboys I like Ware, Jones, Choice and Witten to name a few but I can't stand Barber, Ratliff, Austin, Jenkins and all the guys who just emanate arrogance and the I'm better than you and my **** don't stink attitude. Yeah DeSean dances after touchdowns, but at least he doesn't freak out almost every time he makes a catch and I will readily admit that DeSean is an egotistical and arrogant player who if I was an opposing fan would make me very mad.

Ok incoming neg rep and cussout from Thumper but who cares at least I dont leave neg rep with insults hiding from everyone. Really you are a meathead. Jackson celebrates more then just about anyone so yes he is our idiot but you just put your head in the sand and call out everyone else's showoffs.

Before you go and put Celek up on a pedestal do I need to remind you of the Captain Morgan celebration he did with Avant. That was planned and no different then any other gimmicky celebration. Celek also was in on the planned celebration with Jackson in the game against Carolina where they got flagged. So please almost every NFL player you can find this crap on. Mcnabb had his point thing after a big play. The list goes on and on.

Also look at how many td's are scored vs sacks in a season, they show up about at the same rate if not more. the top 3 teams in td's offense was 64, 56, 54. and the top 3 sacks as of teams gett them is 48, 47, 44. So really a sack is a more rare occurrence then a touchdown and really a game changing event alot of times. Ints then sacks are the 2 most celebrated events on defense. So Jackson can do his lil reject jerk whatever riverdance knockoff he does but A DE cant go over the top on a sack celebration. I even remember the great Dawkins making a hard hit, int or something geting up and flexing like a beast and loosing his chinstrap or staring down who he just laid out.

Also you make better sense if you know what you are talking about. The thing Jared Allen does its a play off calf roping. And really whats the differnce from his to half the other celebrations. You had it your way the only people that could have fun celebrations is the Eagles. You get to butthurt when people show up the Eagles by celebrating on them. Hell I even get a laugh at times when something unique is done to us. Lighten up some respect the players having fun its part of the game.

But really you spend too much time with your Eagles homer goggles on to find your way out of your rear end because you have your head stuck so far up it. please do try and come out to reality and join civilization, the lack of air is killing off brain cells at an alarming rate.

BaLLiN
05-06-2010, 06:33 AM

At that point i didn't really care anymore, our defense sucked soo bad that losing was inevitable.

05-06-2010, 07:53 AM
You think his play from last year matched that of the hype he's received the past few years?

Thrown at 28 times -- it's not his statistical best, but it's far and way tops of any starter at his position.

I must have missed it, too. And I'm a Raiders fan.

LonghornsLegend
05-06-2010, 06:06 PM
I wonder how much people here have seen Brandon Flowers and Talib play. They were on two of the worst teams in the entire NFL last year, who here saw more then 3-4 FULL Chiefs/Bucs games other then the games where they played us in the division?

Flowers, Talib, Jenkins, and DRC are all in the same tier of great young DB's, that class in itself was pretty sick. Either way, DRC gets alot of love but the guy has been beaten like a dirty rug numerous times as well. He's had his highs like that playoff run where he was locking elite WR's down week in and out and looked shutdown, but he has lapses and gets beat.

Flowers and Talib are good, but people mostly see their good games/highlights more then anything else. You don't see those guys in action as much as the high profile players.

Jenkins had his high moments but got beat on some plays too. None of these guys are Darrelle Revis, yes they get beat, so what? Unless your Charles Woodson, Aso, or Revis your going to get beat. There are alot of great WR's in this league and until you reach the level of one of those 3 DB's you can expect to have bad games and plays.

I still gotta question putting any of those guys above the other. Two most people here probably haven't seen more then 4 games of last season, and DRC and Jenkins both flashed elite potential and got beat as well. Jenkins did get beat by Sidney Rice but the dude made the pro bowl for a reason and beat up DB's all year, no shame in that.

And while Thumper loves to make everyone believe Maclin made him his ***** in the playoffs minus the fleaflicker Vick threw he had 70 yards and no TD's, but yea he was ate alive that game:rolleyes:

I think everyone has their favorites, but I'm not buying at this point any of them are in a higher tier then the other until we see more evidence and consistency from all of them.

Sniper
05-06-2010, 06:13 PM
And while Thumper loves to make everyone believe Maclin made him his ***** in the playoffs minus the fleaflicker Vick threw he had 70 yards and no TD's, but yea he was ate alive that game:rolleyes:

You can do that with a lot of players, though. Point remains he still got a long touchdown on a Vick playaction. I still say Jenkins is the best, though.

P.S I know you liked my Entourage reference. :D

Morton
05-06-2010, 06:22 PM
Based on pure physical tools, it's LaRon Landry. He had an off-year last year, but he's the best all-around DB in the division, and I think he'll have a great year in 2010.

As far as production in 2009 is concerned, I'm going to have to go with Terrence Newman. He's still the most complete cornerback in the division, but if I were a Cowboys fan I'd be worried about him falling off a cliff real soon - he's what, 31? 32? He won't be able to hold up with fast receivers for much longer. But in 2009 he was great.

Sniper
05-06-2010, 06:25 PM
Based on pure physical tools, it's LaRon Landry. He had an off-year last year, but he's the best all-around DB in the division, and I think he'll have a great year in 2010.

As far as production in 2009 is concerned, I'm going to have to go with Terrence Newman. He's still the most complete cornerback in the division, but if I were a Cowboys fan I'd be worried about him falling off a cliff real soon - he's what, 31? 32? He won't be able to hold up with fast receivers for much longer. But in 2009 he was great.

What
The
****?

LonghornsLegend
05-06-2010, 07:13 PM

I lol'd.....

Rosebud
05-06-2010, 09:24 PM
Morton, are you trying to prove to us that Thumper isn't the most clueless Eagles fan? Or did you just feel like one upping my sig quote?

Sniper
05-06-2010, 09:35 PM
And I don't like Brooking because he went on the radio and said that the Cowboys knew what plays were coming in the two games. I'm sure they're nice guys off the field but I don't care.

So you don't like Brooking because of the fact that he said something that was accurate?

You never cease to amaze me.

Thumper
05-06-2010, 09:48 PM
So you don't like Brooking because of the fact that he said something that was accurate?

You never cease to amaze me.

Brooking didn't know exactly what was coming. Do you know the direct quote? "The way we dominated them, obviously McNabb didnít play his best, but they were very predictable, we knew exactly what was coming on every play. A lot of that didnít have to do with Donovan McNabb." Seriously Brooking? ST-FU you douche nozzle.

Can you prove it was accurate? Can you prove to me that Keith Brooking knew every single play coming? If you can't then how can you be so sure it was accurate? Its just a douche bag kind of thing to say that just reeks of arrogance, no Eagles went on the radio after 44-6 and said " "The way we dominated them, obviously Romo didnít play his best, but they were very predictable, we knew exactly what was coming on every play. A lot of that didnít have to do with Tony Romo."

I loved it when Brent Celek said:
"I don't think they knew exactly the plays we were running when we were running them," Celek said. "You know, they played better than us in those games, and I'll give them credit. They did do a good job. But for him to say that, I totally disagree with him . . . I tell you what, I can't wait to play him next year."

Celek was asked what he'll say to Brooking when he sees him.

"I can't say that on radio, guys," Celek said. He would say this: "Every time we went down there, you see him trying to get the crowd riled up on that big JumboTron. It gets me going. I can't wait to play him again."

That attempt at an argument you just made was pathetic, there is no way on earth they knew "exactly what was coming on each play".

Here is just one example that proves he didn't know exactly what was coming each play:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8-MLkDA1PFU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8-MLkDA1PFU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Yep. The defense totally knew that was going to happen you know, since they knew exactly what was coming on each play. :rolleyes:

D-Unit
05-07-2010, 01:40 AM
I need to pay attention to this thread more. There are some funny stuffs going on. :D

Terrell Thomas should be #2. Asante "I don't like to tackle" Samuels shouldn't be in second with 10 votes, with Thomas only having 2. Sheesh.

Gimme my pick of any 2 DBs in the division and I go with the Jenkins/Thomas combo. That's shutdown right there.

Rosebud
05-07-2010, 02:25 AM
I need to pay attention to this thread more. There are some funny stuffs going on. :D

Terrell Thomas should be #2. Asante "I don't like to tackle" Samuels shouldn't be in second with 10 votes, with Thomas only having 2. Sheesh.

Gimme my pick of any 2 DBs in the division and I go with the Jenkins/Thomas combo. That's shutdown right there.

I like TT, but I don't think he has ever yet put together a stretch as dominant as the early part of last year was for Corey Webster, then we started playing more zone, corey got torched by Vjax then banged up and all of a sudden people are acting like he's no longer our best DB. Which is silly since he is, by far, TT looks like a stud in the making but I doubt if he'll ever be as smothering as Corey in straight man. TT might handle the bigger receivers better, but give both of them an assignment that can't just fly over them and I'm going with Corey so long as I'm not expecting them to spend much time in zone. TT's a lot more versatile than web, but in pure one-on-one coverage Web whips the floor with TT.

Sniper
05-07-2010, 06:35 AM
Brooking didn't know exactly what was coming. Do you know the direct quote? "The way we dominated them, obviously McNabb didnít play his best, but they were very predictable, we knew exactly what was coming on every play. A lot of that didnít have to do with Donovan McNabb." Seriously Brooking? ST-FU you douche nozzle.

34-14 says they knew what was coming.

Can you prove it was accurate? Can you prove to me that Keith Brooking knew every single play coming?

34-14.

If you can't then how can you be so sure it was accurate?

34-14.

Its just a douche bag kind of thing to say that just reeks of arrogance, no Eagles went on the radio after 44-6 and said " "The way we dominated them, obviously Romo didnít play his best, but they were very predictable, we knew exactly what was coming on every play. A lot of that didnít have to do with Tony Romo."

Who gives a flying ****?

I loved it when Brent Celek said

Maybe Celek should have done something during the game instead of talking about afterwards.

That attempt at an argument you just made was pathetic, there is no way on earth they knew "exactly what was coming on each play".

If you ******* stop taking every ************* statement so ******* literally, you'd be able to understand things around her. 34-14 says they knew what was coming.

Here is just one example that proves he didn't know exactly what was coming each play

I honestly don't think I've ever seen someone so obsessed with one play.

Yep. The defense totally knew that was going to happen you know, since they knew exactly what was coming on each play. :rolleyes:

34-14 says they knew what was coming.

eaglesalltheway
05-07-2010, 08:51 AM

Can you prove it was accurate? Can you prove to me that Keith Brooking knew every single play coming? If you can't then how can you be so sure it was accurate? Its just a douche bag kind of thing to say that just reeks of arrogance, no Eagles went on the radio after 44-6 and said " "The way we dominated them, obviously Romo didnít play his best, but they were very predictable, we knew exactly what was coming on every play. A lot of that didnít have to do with Tony Romo."

I loved it when Brent Celek said:

Here is just one example that proves he didn't know exactly what was coming each play:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8-MLkDA1PFU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8-MLkDA1PFU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Have you given up on trying to be taken seriously?

No, of course they didn't know what was coming every single play, like Sniper said, if you didn't take everything so goddamn literally, you wouldn't be seen as such a douche by most people on here. Honestly, I'd rather sit next to Keith Brooking and have a conversation about football that you, because he isn't douchy at all. Their defense flat out dominated the Eagles offense, so it pretty obvious they had a good idea of what was coming. Its not like Reid is known for being unpredictable with his play calls either, any one of us fans can sit at home and predict (correctly most of the time) what play, or at least what type of play, is coming. As a matter of fact, I think you (and a lot of other Eagles fans) have even mentioned that in one of your tirades after an Eagles loss. But now its impossiblezzz for a professional team who has more knowledge about the sport than most of us to make those predictions? OK, just another example of your flip-flopping. Your worse than a politician.

Thumper
05-07-2010, 10:28 PM
Wait a second...

Don't feel bad for not being able to read the Thumper's mind, he expects all of us to do it I guess. When he says one thing he wants us to know he means something else. You know, like when you're with your woman... Its OK, rookie mistake, you just need to hone your ESP.

You mean when someone says that Brooking knew every play I shouldn't take it so literally because obviously they didn't know every play. So... I'm supposed to know you guys mean something else? Isn't that what you got on me about the other day? I guess I have to go work on my ESP skills... http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-rolleyes010.gif

And yeah the defense dominated, but they didn't know every single play that was coming like Brooking said they did, that 14 the Eagles put up is proof that they at the very least didn't know two of them which is enough to make Brooking's comment and Sniper's post wrong. But like I said earlier I guess I'm supposed to know that Sniper and Brooking meant something else when they said that, damn my ESP skills.

Rosebud
05-08-2010, 05:12 PM
http://nikonizer.yfrog.com/Himg338/scaled.php?tn=0&server=338&filename=thumpern.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

eaglesalltheway
05-08-2010, 09:56 PM
Wait a second...

You mean when someone says that Brooking knew every play I shouldn't take it so literally because obviously they didn't know every play. So... I'm supposed to know you guys mean something else? Isn't that what you got on me about the other day? I guess I have to go work on my ESP skills... http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-rolleyes010.gif

And yeah the defense dominated, but they didn't know every single play that was coming like Brooking said they did, that 14 the Eagles put up is proof that they at the very least didn't know two of them which is enough to make Brooking's comment and Sniper's post wrong. But like I said earlier I guess I'm supposed to know that Sniper and Brooking meant something else when they said that, damn my ESP skills.

Its not a matter of what we said, its a matter of you misunderstanding what Brooking said, duh.

D-Unit
05-08-2010, 11:54 PM
Wait a second...

I'm really starting to wonder if you understand how the English language works. You can't take the communication of every word ever spoken to mean it's exact literal interpretation every time. I don't even want to explain it any further because I think I'll just start to sound silly.

eaglesalltheway
05-10-2010, 07:01 AM
I'm really starting to wonder if you understand how the English language works. You can't take the communication of every word ever spoken to mean it's exact literal interpretation every time. I don't even want to explain it any further because I think I'll just start to sound silly.

Don't put too much thought into it D Unit, its obvious the Thumper doesn't.

Shhh... I've been tiptoeing around the forums following the Thumper, I don't want him to know I'm following him...

http://weloverabbits.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/thumper21.jpg

http://www.abdn.ac.uk/~aus033/elmer-fudd.jpg
Be vewwy quiet, I'm hunting wabbits...

Giantsfan1080
10-11-2010, 12:29 PM
We might as well bump this as well. Corey Webster is beasting again and playing like he did in 2008. Our safties are also playing very good so since this is a DB thread I wanted to mention them as well.

Britt showed Jenkins the business yesterday.

bigbluedefense
10-11-2010, 12:42 PM
Jenkins is still great but has fallen off a little this year. I think right here right now, CWeb is probably the best in the division.

Jenkins is a close 2 though.

When it comes to safeties, we easily have the best safety duo in the division, arguably the league.

When you factor in Deon Grant in our 3 safety set, our safeties are probably the best in the league.

But the overall best safety so far has been Landry. He's not a read and react player, Hasslet is having him play downhill and make plays and he's thriving in that environment.

He struggled in Cover 2 bc he's not a Cover 2 guy.

Nate Allen is very impressive for a rookie.

Giantsfan1080
10-11-2010, 12:52 PM
Landry has been excellent. He's totally changed his game around under Haslett. His INT in OT was very impressive.

Rosebud
10-12-2010, 12:27 PM
It's good to see Landry playing well again. When Sean Taylor died it looked like so did Landry's career, but he's finally getting back to the exceptional safety he was with Taylor.

Still don't think he's far ahead of Rolle or Kenny, but the safety play in this division is at such a higher level than it was last year. Last year this division didn't have a single stand out safety, now the Eagles have their duo playing well, Landry's back to where he used to be, we've got 3 safeties better than anyone who played more than a game and a half for us last year and dallas has...um...ok, so maybe Dallas still doesn't have **** at safety, but the rest of the division really beefed up with some health, returns to form, rookies and FAs.

BaLLiN
10-13-2010, 08:58 PM
I really feel that Terrell Thomas is the best, even over Cweb...

LonghornsLegend
10-14-2010, 09:53 AM
Jenkins was still stuck in the bye week vs the Titans, he hadn't looked that lost since he was a rookie, pretty sure he had alot of fun that off week. I still think he's the best and he has been solid every other game, played Andre Johnson very well even though he was hobbled, but I have only seen Webster in one game.

Maybe I'll change after the season.