WR2: DeAndre Brown, Southern Miss
WR3: Austin Pettis, Boise State
WR4: Niles Paul, Nebraska
OT: Matt Reynolds, Brigham Young
OG: John Moffitt, Wisconsin
C: Mike Pouncey, Florida
OG: Zach Hurd, Connecticut
OT: Jason Pinkston, Pittsburgh

Offensive Strategy: Andrew Luck should be able to throw all over the field with Rodgers, Brown, Pettis, and Paul to target. Rodgers would play the Percy position like in the Florida offense. Pettis would play in the slot, and Paul would be a vertical threat. The offensive line features four all-conference first team selections, and Mike Pouncey, who will likely find his way onto the All-SEC 1st team after this year. Royster would be the bruiser in the running game, with Demps as the scat back. The offense would likely look a lot like the Gators offense under Meyer, but with Royster taking the carries normally given to Tebow.

DE: Adrian Clayborn, Iowa
NT: Jerrell Powe, Ole Miss
DE: Adrian Taylor, Oklahoma
OLB: Von Miller, Texas A&M
ILB: Greg Jones, Michigan State
ILB: Carmen Messina, New Mexico
OLB: Christian Anthony, Grambling State
CB1: Patrick Peterson, Louisiana State
CB2: Chimdi Chekwa, Ohio State
CB3: Greg Reid, Florida State
FS: Blake Gideon, Texas
SS: Tyler Sash, Iowa

Defensive Strategy: The defense is led mostly by the front seven, which is incredibly disruptive and gets to the quarterback with ease. With Miller and Anthony coming off of the edge, and Jones and Messina (316 combined tackles) patrolling the middle, the quarterback would be under constant pressure, and the running game would be rendered useless. With Patrick Peterson locking down half the field, the Gideon and Sash would be free to roam, while Reid and Chekwa lock down the remaining receivers.

KR: James Rodgers, Oregon State
PR: Greg Reid, Florida State

Offensive Scheme: Pro-Style Spread
Defensive Scheme: 3-4

vs

Cicero

Offense (Spread)-

QB: Jake Locker, Washington
RB: Noel Devine, WVU
WR: Armon Binns, Cincinatti
WR: Reuben Randle, LSU
WR: Titus Young, Boise State
TE: George Bryan, NC State
LT: Nate Potter, Boise State
LG: Barrett Jones, Alabama
C: Stefen Wisniewski, Penn State
RG: Andrew Jackson, Fresno State
RT: Riley Reiff, Iowa

We'll be running the spread, with plenty of the option and zone read plays mixed in. The speed of Locker and Devine will make these plays a nightmare to defend. Binns and Randle provide Locker with two huge targets who dwarf most college DBs with Titus Young working the slot. The interior of my line features guys who are maulers in the run game. At the OT spots Nate Potter was largely responsible for the awesome protection Kellen Moore received last year (5 sacks taken total all year) and Riley Reiff is the next great Iowa O-lineman. He had an amazing performance against Georgia Tech, and with these two Jake should have plenty of time in the pocket.

Defense (4-3 balanced, press man)-

DE: Da'Quan Bowers, Clemson
DT: Marvin Austin, UNC
DT: Jurrell Casey, USC
DE: Pernell McPhee, Miss. State
OLB: Travis Lewis, Oklahoma
MLB: Mike Mohamed, Cal
OLB: Mason Foster, UW
CB: Aaron Williams, Texas
CB: Brandon Boykin, Georiga
FS: Will Hill, Florida
SS: Deandre McDaniel, Clemson

DE: Jack Crawford, Penn State (passing situations)

Against the pass, the idea is to get into the backfield and force the QB into making bad decisions, and allowing the playmakers in my secondary to take advantage. Boykin and Williams are both physical enough to jam guys at the line, and then have the deep speed to run with them. Quick penetration along with receivers getting jammed at the line of scrimmage leads to some real problems for the QB. Austin and Casey may be the best penetrating DT combo in the draft with the speed off the edge coming from Crawford and Bowers. All of my linebackers are good blitzers and solid in coverage, which gives me a lot of flexibility.

Against the run, Austin and Casey will make plenty of tackles behind the LOS stuffing the run while Bowers and McPhee are also very stout versus the run. The run blitz from my linebackers should really scare a lot of people. Lewis, Mohammed, and Foster, in addition to being good blitzers, have all posted seasons with over 100 tackles. McDaniel is also very good in run support and making tackles in space.

Shane P. Hallam
05-04-2010, 05:17 PM
I'll be honest, I like sbh's team a lot and think it should contend with any.

Sniper
05-04-2010, 05:40 PM
Clayborn, Peterson, Sash, Jones, and Miller on the same defense? fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap.

iBoldin
05-04-2010, 05:42 PM
sbh made some great picks. He should contend with any team. That defense is just awesome.

tjsunstein
05-05-2010, 05:09 PM
Went with sbh here. Didn't like Cicero's defensive personnel.

Malaka
05-05-2010, 07:09 PM
I think drafting Andrew Luck and going with a Gators' style offense makes no sense, however the defense is just beautiful, and being a defensive guy I pick sbh.

sbh15
05-05-2010, 07:18 PM
I think drafting Andrew Luck and going with a Gators' style offense makes no sense, however the defense is just beautiful, and being a defensive guy I pick sbh.

its basically a plain spread - all luck is doing is making throws, its not a spread option. i meant it would be more like this years gator offense with brantley but since nobody knows if itll be successful, i just described it as the old uf offense with royster getting the tebow carries. maybe an offense like oklahoma would be a better comparison

Malaka
05-05-2010, 07:45 PM
its basically a plain spread - all luck is doing is making throws, its not a spread option. i meant it would be more like this years gator offense with brantley but since nobody knows if itll be successful, i just described it as the old uf offense with royster getting the tebow carries. maybe an offense like oklahoma would be a better comparison

I see, sorry if I came off a little harsh but I did vote for you either way.