WR - Travis Benjamin, Miami
TE - Lance Kendricks, Wisconsin
LT - Mike Adams, Ohio State
LG - Brandon Washington, Miami
C - T-Bob Hebert, LSU
RG - Stephen Schilling, Michigan
RT - Marcus Cannon, TCU

OFFENSE - Pro Style, Balanced (Whipple)

Jacory Harris leads the most dangerous offense in college football. This Mark Whipple-style offense will feature the most talented backfield tandem in the nation. Ryan Williams and Trent Richardson complement each other perfectly. They will be on the field at the same time as well as will sub each other off to provide a change of pace. They will run behind our massive offensive line. An offensive line that is as talented as any combines raw power and talent with grit and experience. Because of this dominant RB's, we will use run to set play action Ryan Broyles is the do it all WR. He has the speed to beat anyone deep but also has a great feel for the offense and is an excellent route runner. UNC's Greg Little is a freak and one of the most physical WR's in college football. He has the ability to win the jump ball and is a beast after the catch. Lance Kendricks may be the top TE heading in to next season. He can stretch the seam off play action and is a reliable target on 3rd down. He's also a much better blocker than he gets credit for. Travis Benjamin is the cherry on top. Benjamin is one of the most dangerous players in college football and is sure to beat your team over the top while lining up in the slot.

DE - Robert Quinn, North Carolina
DT - Stephen Paea, Oregon State
DT - Drake Nevis, LSU
DE - Dontay Moch, Nevada
RLB - Akeem Ayers, UCLA
MLB - Kelvin Sheppard, LSU
LOLB - Luke Kuechly, Boston College
CB - Rashad Carmichael, Virginia Tech
CB - Desmond Trufant, Washington
CB/S - Javes Lewis, Oregon
S - Rahim Moore, UCLA
S - Ahmad Black, Florida

DEFENSE - 4-3, Aggressive, Varied Fronts (Spags), Primarily Zone Coverage

With the explosion of spread offense in college football, I picked a very athletic and aggressive defense. The D-Line is very athletic and very disruptive. DT's, Stephen Paea and Drake Nevis are two of the best penetrators in the country and are very active on the other side of the line of scrimmage. Robert Quinn is the best DE in the country and a freakish talent combines with the highly productive, high motor, athletic DE in Dontay Moch. 6'4 255 beast, Akeem Ayers will line up at DE in passing situations and Quinn will kick inside to DT creating mismatches. The LB core is very athletic and and very aggressive. Akeem Ayers teams up with BC's Luke Kuechy who is a tackling machine who was 2nd in the nation in tackles with 158 and Kelvin Sheppard is a an experienced and productive MLB who flies sideline to sideline. My secondary is full of ball hawks. Rasahd Carmichael is the next great VT CB and he had a terrific junior season with 6 INT's. Pac-10 CB, Desmond Trufant and Javes Lewis are both taller CB's who are very athletic. Lewis has the versatility to play corner or safety Rahim Moore was the best ball hawk in CFB last year collecting 10 INT's. He'll team up with Ahamad Black to create a opportunistic secondary.

KR - Travis Benjamin, Miami
PR - Ryan Broyles, Oklahoma

vs

draftguru151

QB- Christian Ponder FSU
RB- Mark Ingram Alabama
FB- Charles Clay Tulsa
WR- Leonard Hankerson Miami
WR- Mohamed Sanu Rutgers
WR- Randall Cobb Kentucky
TE- Kyle Rudolph Notre Dame
LT- Gabe Carimi Wisconsin
LG- Rodney Hudson FSU
C- Mario Benavides Louisville
RG- Orlando Franklin Miami
RT- Tyron Smith USC

Offense is going to revolve Ingram. Zone blocking concepts for the most part, a lot of play action and moving Ponder around, taking advantage of his athleticism. OL is an athletic bunch, all have experience with zone blocking. Hankerson, Sanu and Rudolph are all big, physical targets. Cobb is a perfect slot receiver, quick with good hands but also physical. Cobb has experience at QB and his passing abilities will be used. Clay is an amazing receiver at FB. Ingram, Sanu and Cobb will all take snaps as a wild cat QB. A lot of different formations and motions will be used, the group is extremely versatile and that will definitely be used.

DE- Jeremy Beal Oklahoma
DT- Kendrick Ellis Hampton
DT- Marcel Dareus Alabama
DE- Ryan Kerrigan Purdue
OLB- Nigel Bradham FSU
MLB- Alex Wujciak Maryland
OLB- Nate Irving NC State
CB- Ras-I Dowling Virginia
CB- Neiko Thorpe Auburn
NB- Josh Robinson UCF
S- Mark Barron Alabama
S- Tejay Johnson TCU

The defense will be a base Tampa 2. Dareus and Beal are both dominant pass rushers and disruptors. Ellis is a huge body inside with tons of athleticism. Kerrigan is also a very good pass rusher with a non stop motor. Irving is one of the best playmaking LBs when he is healthy. Wujciak is a tackling machine with excellent size and the ability to cover deep down the center. Dowling and Thorpe are both tall, long, press corners that can play in both zone and man coverage. Barron is a monster center fielder with good size and tackling skills while Johnson is a missile at strong safety. Robinson is a quick guy with great ball skills.

Shane P. Hallam
05-04-2010, 05:22 PM
Both teams have some holes to me. I like what Tackle did with his offense as a whole, but Dg worked up front on the lines. That RB tandem is nasty for Tackle's team. Very very very very tough for me to choose. I'm going to go Tackle, but DG could beat some other teams in this comp.

iBoldin
05-04-2010, 05:38 PM
I think these are the two best teams in the competition. However, DG's quality and depth in the trenches win this battle for me, especially on the offensive line.

TACKLE has an awesome backfield duo, but I think he needed to spend a little more time constructing a better offensive line for maximum performance. Marcell Dareus could have a dangerous game against that interior.

I do kind of worry what Jacory could do against that secondary, but a close to DG. Good rosters, guys.

tjsunstein
05-05-2010, 05:07 PM
I had the same dilemma with these two. I went with DG but I literally flipped a coin. Wasn't fair for these two to go heads up. Two of the best teams as mentioned.

OSUGiants17
05-05-2010, 07:38 PM
closest vote yet, but TACKLE gets my vote for a better all around team, no one star who sticks out, but no big hole