WR -- DeVier Posey, Ohio State
WR -- Dane Sanzenbacher, Ohio State
TE -- Luke Stocker, Tennessee
LT -- Anthony Castonzo, Boston College
LG -- Justin Boren, Ohio State
C -- Colin Baxter, Arizona
RG -- Thomas Claiborne, Boston College
RT -- Xavier Nixon, Florida

On offense, It's a spread formation with enough at running back to create mismatches all over the field. Tyrod's progression as a thrower can only be extended through weapons like Posey, Floyd and Sanzenbacher. Sanzenbacher is a great weapon in space, Posey is awesome and Floyd is just a monster who's going to make the best corners look bad. The offensive line is passable and can be a quality pass blocking. It's an agile unit led by Colin Baxter in the middle.

I really think it's going to come down to whether anyone has the cover depth to slow my receiving core down. Perhaps I could've gone with a better quarterback, but Jacquizz is going to make a lot of people thinking twice rolling coverages to Floyd and Posey's side because Sanzenbacher's gonna rack up the yards in the short and intermediate game and Luke Stocker provides mismatches for linebackers, as well. An explosive unit.

Defense
1-Gap 34 Alignment
Heavy Pressure

DL -- Allen Bailey, Miami
NT -- Phil Taylor, Baylor
DL -- Brandon Bair, Oregon
LB -- Cliff Matthews, South Carolina
ILB -- Vontaze Burfict, Arizona State
ILB -- Josh Bynes, Auburn
LB -- Sam Acho, Texas
CB -- Prince Amukamara, Nebraska
CB -- Kendrick Burney, North Carolina
FS -- Quinton Carter, Oklahoma
SS -- Davonte Shannon, Buffalo

Defensively, It's all about pressure. A unit with a lot of speed and explosiveness throughout the field. It's not the best, but Acho and Matthews are going to break out this year for Texas and SCar, and Allen Bailey is a monster at the five-technique. Bair has a non-stop motor and Phil Taylor is a quality Nose from Baylor.

Burfict is mean, mean, mean in the middle! He's the definition of a "thumper". He lays the lumber. Byrnes is quality.

Prince and Burney is a ridiculous cover combo and Davonte Shannon does work. As both a cover man and a hitter. I like my defense. It's sturdy enough to keep me in the shootout games.

vs

tjsunstein

Ryan Mallett, QB Arkansas
LaMichael James, RB Oregon
Anthony Allen, RB Georgia Tech
Owen Marecic, FB Stanford
Jonathan Baldwin, WR Pittsburgh
Andre Debose, WR Florida
Vidal Hazelton, WR Cincinnati
DJ Fluker, T Alabama
Joseph Barksdale, T LSU
Ken Plue, G Purdue
Zach Heberer, G USC
Kristofer O'Dowd, C USC

Very talented at the skill positions. Mallet, James, and Baldwin makes it difficult for the defenses to key on just one player. A lot of three wide receiver sets, dual RB shotgun sets with James and Allen, and the occasional I-form set with James running behind Marecic. Run a balanced offense with a west coast tone.

Alex Okafor, DE Texas
Jacobbi McDaniel, DT Florida State
Jarvis Jenkins, DT Clemson
Marcus Fortson, DT Miami
Ronald Powell, DE Florida
Casey Matthews, LB Oregon
Chris Gallippo, LB USC
Quan Sturdivant, LB North Carolina
Dre Kirkpatrick, CB Alabama
Brandon Harris, CB Miami (FL)
Chris Culliver, S South Carolina
Duke Ihenacho, S San Jose State

Our strong point is our defensive line. A rotation is key in keeping guys fresh in the trenches. Jenkins and Forston provide the bulk in the middle necessary to not only take up space in the 4-3, sometimes 5-2 sets, but penetrate and command double teams. Our linebackers are established fundamental football players. A nose for the ball and solid in both run and pass defense. What Kirkpatrick and Harris add that not every cornerback can claim is soft hands, an ability to adjust to the ball in the air, and a good instincts for run support. Kirkpatrick will play more physical compared to Brandon Harris whereas he will have to rely more on his plus burst and instincts to make up for his height.

Shane P. Hallam
05-04-2010, 05:24 PM
iboldin has an explosive offense and a very good secondary. Though tj may have the better QB here, and a sick LB corp. I just think iBolding would squeak it out.

iBoldin
05-04-2010, 05:35 PM
On offense, It's a spread formation with enough at running back to create mismatches all over the field. Tyrod's progression as a thrower can only be extended through weapons like Posey, Floyd and Sanzenbacher. Sanzenbacher is a great weapon in space, Posey is awesome and Floyd is just a monster who's going to make the best corners look bad. The offensive line is passable and can be a quality pass blocking. It's an agile unit led by Colin Baxter in the middle.

I really think it's going to come down to whether anyone has the cover depth to slow my receiving core down. Perhaps I could've gone with a better quarterback, but Jacquizz is going to make a lot of people thinking twice rolling coverages to Floyd and Posey's side because Sanzenbacher's gonna rack up the yards in the short and intermediate game and Luke Stocker provides mismatches for linebackers, as well. An explosive unit.

Defensively, It's all about pressure. A unit with a lot of speed and explosiveness throughout the field. It's not the best, but Acho and Matthews are going to break out this year for Texas and SCar, and Allen Bailey is a monster at the five-technique. Bair has a non-stop motor and Phil Taylor is a quality Nose from Baylor.

Burfict is mean, mean, mean in the middle! He's the definition of a "thumper". He lays the lumber. Byrnes is quality.

Prince and Burney is a ridiculous cover combo and Davonte Shannon does work. As both a cover man and a hitter. I like my defense. It's sturdy enough to keep me in the shootout games.

This is my write-up, sorry I didn't get it in on time. Good luck, TJ.

EDIT: I also have Christian Ballard, DT, Iowa and "Boom" Herron from OSU on this team.

tjsunstein
05-05-2010, 05:04 PM
We need votes guys!