PDA

View Full Version : Washington Redskins 2010-2011 Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

DiG
05-10-2010, 07:39 AM
It's time for the new season. The first mini-camp is finished and its sounds as if Shanahan was pleased with how things started. One blog piece I read was interesting and confirmed what I previously brought up with Reed Doughty apparently leading the FS competition:

"Although the coaches continue to say that there's no clear-cut strong- and free-safety positions in this defense, it certainly seems that Horton is behind LaRon Landry in the closer-to-the-ball safety position and, as I wrote yesterday, Reed Doughty and Kareem Moore appear to be 1-2 at the farther-away-from-the-ball safety position."

Can't wait to see how things shape up. Anyone getting to one of the public minicamp/OTAs?

2 Live Crew
05-17-2010, 12:15 PM
Signed Vonnie Holliday...more competition for the D-line...I like all the competition they are bringing in.

Vonnie is only 34, played in all 16 games last year for Denver and had 5 sacks.

SeanTaylorRIP
05-17-2010, 12:22 PM
IMO Hort has a lot more range than Kareem.

critesy
05-17-2010, 05:41 PM
i would love to see what kareem has to bring, he seems to have something in him from the limited time i have seen.

DiG
05-21-2010, 10:52 AM
fingers crossed we dont lose santana for 4 games or whatever it could be. thomas and kelly would REALLY have to step it up.

critesy
05-21-2010, 01:02 PM
i dunno.. for some reason i dont feel too worried if we lose him for 4 games or whatever. i think it would help kelly and thomas tremendously to have to start and get reps, you know.

critesy
06-05-2010, 11:13 AM
reed doughty broke his hand in OTA's but contiued to practice with a cast. gotta love the man.

DiG
06-07-2010, 01:58 PM
reed doughty broke his hand in OTA's but contiued to practice with a cast. gotta love the man.

the extreme skins thread on reed is hysterical. my favorite quote is "Reed Doughty uses pepper spray to spice his steaks."

critesy
06-08-2010, 11:19 AM
we should really get this stickied instead of last years... ?

critesy
06-19-2010, 09:35 PM
im getting so fricken exciting for this season. just have shanahan (plural) an all these off season moves, just crazy. i hope westbrook ends up signing too.

DiG
06-21-2010, 08:13 AM
I cant explain how happy i am that there is no chance now for heyer to start on this team. now we need to work out an extension with jamaal brown. Even though hes likely going to play RT for the Skins, I assume he is going to want LT money since he was a pro bowl LT. I trust Bruce Allen to get it worked out. He has done nothing but impress me so far since he has been here.

critesy
06-21-2010, 01:33 PM
so much smack talk going around, i want to see how this team performs just to shut up people.

critesy
06-25-2010, 12:43 PM
http://www.csnwashington.com/06/21/10/Redskins-53-Man-Roster-Version-10/landing_redskins.html?blockID=257987&feedID=2993

a writer tries to break down our final 53

DiG
06-28-2010, 09:07 AM
very sad to hear marko got cut by the lions. hopefully someone gives him a chance at a roster spot in preseason.

check out this recent picture of dhall trying to get haynesworth to come to training camp.

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/9905/hall100624blog.jpg

DiG
06-29-2010, 09:49 AM
REDSKINS WAIVE WR MARQUES HAGANS

LOUDOUN COUNTY, VA – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have waived wide receiver Marques Hagans.

Hagans signed with the Redskins on April 19, 2010.

DiG
07-12-2010, 02:08 PM
well there goes one o-lineman for the year already. mike williams done for the year. lets hope art hicks works out starting and can stay healthy.

nice TO quote from yesterday:

"Well you know what? Definitely that's something that was on the radar," Owens told Nashville's WGFX this week, when asked if a reunion with Donovan McNabb was still a possibility. "And if that's a possibility and they want to bring me in and make that happen, then I'm open arms to it."

"Obviously you mentioned reuniting with Donovan," Owens said, "but I think going to Washington and playing with him obviously would be a good thing, because I feel like their team is on the cusp of really getting to the playoffs and really making something happen."

on another note i hope thomas wears these sleeves during games too:
http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2009/07/31/PH2009073103691.jpg

2 Live Crew
07-14-2010, 09:23 AM
Tough break for big Mike but thats why you get some depth on the o-line.

I feel like TO will be a skin if Shanahan doesn't like what he sees out of Kelly/Thomas early on in camp. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not but it feels like destiny with the team we have.

McBain
07-16-2010, 04:50 AM
well there goes one o-lineman for the year already. mike williams done for the year. lets hope art hicks works out starting and can stay healthy.

nice TO quote from yesterday:

"Well you know what? Definitely that's something that was on the radar," Owens told Nashville's WGFX this week, when asked if a reunion with Donovan McNabb was still a possibility. "And if that's a possibility and they want to bring me in and make that happen, then I'm open arms to it."

"Obviously you mentioned reuniting with Donovan," Owens said, "but I think going to Washington and playing with him obviously would be a good thing, because I feel like their team is on the cusp of really getting to the playoffs and really making something happen."

on another note i hope thomas wears these sleeves during games too:
http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2009/07/31/PH2009073103691.jpg

Yeah they make him look really cute.

DiG
08-02-2010, 08:00 AM
training camp well under way! looks like haynesworth wont take the test again this morning...

Sounds like a few guys that are really impressing early are Devin Thomas, Trent Williams, Landry, Justin Tryon, and Carlos Rogers. No tackling/sacking allowed early in camp so we havent heard much on the linebackers.

Carriker and Kemo have apparently looked pretty good on the line too. I'm excited both are seemingly full strength and playing with the starters right from the get go.

703SKINS202
08-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Sounds like Colt is going to be a goner and I could care less.

DiG
08-02-2010, 01:40 PM
colt officially cut today.

DiG
08-02-2010, 01:50 PM
looks like we traded doug dutch (our 6th or 7th corner) to the ravens for john beck then cut Colt immediately following. bartel and beck will apparently fight for a #3 qb position that may or may not exist.

critesy
08-02-2010, 10:54 PM
http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Alexander_s_Coming_On_At_Outside_Linebacker_135721 .jsp

lorenzo stepping his game up. gotta love him and feel bad for andre at the same time.

also, http://www.csnwashington.com/08/01/10/New-Outlook-Role-For-Redskins-Rogers/landing_v3.html?blockID=281460&feedID=6355

carlos rogers is being asked to do what charles woodson did last year kinda. play at multiple positions and blitz from the slot and etc.

DiG
08-03-2010, 06:38 PM
also, http://www.csnwashington.com/08/01/10/New-Outlook-Role-For-Redskins-Rogers/landing_v3.html?blockID=281460&feedID=6355

carlos rogers is being asked to do what charles woodson did last year kinda. play at multiple positions and blitz from the slot and etc.

i like it. i hear he's catching the ball in training camp too!

critesy
08-03-2010, 09:19 PM
hahah i havent heard hes catching it but ive heard he's buying into everything they tell him and isnt being a little ***** anymore. carlos + catching = shutdown :)

critesy
08-03-2010, 09:50 PM
just read that terrell davis is a running back coaching intern for training camp, pretty neat.

703SKINS202
08-07-2010, 12:31 PM
Do you think it's possible Fred Davis could have a bigger year than Cooley coming back from the injury? He apparently has been tearing up the entire camp. Can't wait to see him play this year.

McBain
08-07-2010, 03:57 PM
just read that terrell davis is a running back coaching intern for training camp, pretty neat.

I would go as far as to say neat-o

DiG
08-12-2010, 04:16 PM
alright guys. lets strike up some chatter.

Most likely player to get cut by the end of preseason?

At the end of the season who will be 2010 Most improved player?

End of the year biggest disappointment?

Surprising statline mid season? End of season?

Preseason stud?

2 Live Crew
08-13-2010, 10:22 AM

Parker and Kelly.

Carriker or Moore

End of the year biggest disappointment
Landry or A carter

Gano 90% rate. Skins 10-6 lol

Preseason stud
T Austin

Lock it up

703SKINS202
08-13-2010, 10:49 AM

End of the year biggest disappointment?

Preseason stud?

Most likely to be cut: Parker, Kelly better get up to speed as well or he's gone. This regime owes him nothing.

Most Improved: Kareem Moore or Carlos Rogers

Disappointment: Clinton Portis or Landry

Statline: Fred Davis leads the team in catches midseason. Rogers 1 int at the end of the season also would be surprising.

Preseason stud: Logan Paulsen

703SKINS202
08-14-2010, 10:32 AM
Lets get the team forums going the season is here.

Gotta say I was really impressed overall by the team's performance last night. Other than the defenses first drive we looked very solid. One thing I'm concerned about is tackling though, our secondary is pretty poor when it comes to that aspect which is not good. I think guys are still figuring out how to attack the ball carrier in the 3-4 rather than waiting for the ball to come to them. I think we can get it down hopefully.

Offensively we looked great. I still can't believe it watchin McNabb in the burgundy and gold, it looks awesome. I really love the way he throws the ball, real high delivery and the ball is on a rope, he makes so many passes Campbell could never dream of, and simple ones too. He will have the occasional uderthrow but that should be fine.

Trent Williams played very good. I'm glad we chose him now over Okung. I know it's early and preseason but he really looks like he's going to fit in nicely to this offense.

Cooley to McNabb is already off and running. Thomas looked good at WR. I'm really glad we have Grossman as our backup. He made smart decisions with the football and although I don't like his delivery because it seems like it gets him in trouble, he is going to be a much better backup than Collins. He has experience in the offense and I think could keep us in a game if he had to.

Real happy for Brandon Banks. Doubt he makes the team for how small he is but hes a nice little returner.

Thought of this today, one of the best Skins moments ever. Never gets old.
S81PJfMJ5Y8

CDub
08-18-2010, 07:45 PM
Is H.B. Blades doing anything with you guys? Making any kind of push for a spot? I always thought he'd be a solid thumper in a 3-4, kinda in the mold of Larry Foote.

2 Live Crew
08-19-2010, 06:12 PM
Well he's behind Fletcher and Mcintosh at ILB so he's not gonna get a whole lot of PT. He's been decent when he's played in the past though.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-20-2010, 10:14 PM
LOL Landry is sounding real cocky. "You can never get too great." "I don't deserve all the kudos, it's a team thing, those guys up front have something to do with me making all the plays." Lets just hope he learns how to tackle. I will hold hope though with him now at SS where he belongs. Even though he gets all this hype honestly I'm still not a Kareem Moore fan. Too bad Reed and Horton are SS's.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-21-2010, 07:51 PM
Please cut Larry Johnson right now. Horrendous at running, terrible pass protection, and can't catch for sh*t. Giving me terrible memories of Shaun Alexander as a skin. Just give me Portis as #1, Torrain as #2, and Keiland or Parker as #3.

critesy
08-22-2010, 12:52 PM
agree completely. keiland and torain are looking to solid backups/change of pace. lets portis right this season out with them i think.

DiG
08-22-2010, 09:21 PM
watching larry johnson makes me want to hurl.

McBain
08-23-2010, 02:12 AM
watching larry johnson makes me want to hurl.

watching you hurl makes me want to larry johnson. That is to say run slowly and fall down at first contact. Just kidding i didn't even watch the game.

DiG
08-27-2010, 11:38 AM
really need to see the WRs step up and show something this weekend. FS and WR are the two positions right now that really worry me more than anywhere else. I think as long as we are healthy on the O-Line we are going to be at least average and theres potential to be pretty good if Brown and TWill play to their potential.

Losing Kareem Moore sucks and neither Horton or Reed have proven that they are even halfway decent starters at FS. Our coaching staff is set on Landry at SS which is a decision I agree with but sadly we have no one on our roster who fits in at FS.

Other than that nice TD catch that Thomas had in the first preseason game he has been very inconsistent which is the same type of feedback I am seeing about him from practices. He has a few drops that could have moved the chains and just isnt consistent in his routes getting open and beating the jam. Kelly can't stay healthy still and has a good shot at getting cut. Roydell Williams is no better than a #4 and can we realy rely on a 39 year old receiver to have a consistent impact? I'd love to see Armstrong play a lot this weekend and see if he keeps impressing. He seems to have a nack of getting open and hasn't dropped anything that we've seen. He was the talk of training camp too so fingers crossed. Either way our WR group makes me nervous.

critesy
08-27-2010, 02:21 PM
im thinkin armstrong for the #2. i want to see him play alot, i like what hes done.

2 Live Crew
08-28-2010, 05:33 PM
Skins outplay Jets even with Sexy Rexy and 2nd team vs Jets 1st team in 3rd quarter.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-28-2010, 09:09 PM
I like Terrence Austin's potential, nice size/speed ratio. We do have the worst WR corps in the NFL though. I wish we fckin got TO and let Santana play the 2 or slot.

DiG
08-30-2010, 11:58 AM
I like Terrence Austin's potential, nice size/speed ratio. We do have the worst WR corps in the NFL though. I wish we fckin got TO and let Santana play the 2 or slot.

eh id say we are at least better than the bucs even though mike williams is showing potential. nothing proven yet. but yea definitely bottom 5.

DiG
08-30-2010, 01:53 PM
cowboys cut my boy terrell hudgins today. come on skins pick him up!!!!!

DiG
08-30-2010, 02:07 PM
http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Kelly_Has__Setback__With_Hamstring_Injury_147968.j sp
Wide receiver Malcolm Kelly re-aggravated his hamstring injury during Monday’s practice.

Head coach Mike Shanahan called the injury a “setback” but did not go into specifics.

“I’ll let you know [on Tuesday] how serious it is but it looked like a pretty good pull,” Shanahan said. “We’ll wait and see.”

you gotta be kidding me...

703SKINS202
08-30-2010, 05:43 PM
All I can say is wow. IR? I know they don't want to let him go.

McBain
08-30-2010, 09:03 PM
http://twitter.com/MikeJonesTBD

We traded Dennis Morris (6th round pick TE/Hback) for Hall Davis a Defensive End for the rams.

http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2010/redskins-acquire-hall-davis-trade-dennis-morris/

here's another link with more info.

After reading the article it seems as though we fleeced 'em, Dennis Morris wasn't even going to make the team and this guys actually has made a couple sacks.

McBain
08-30-2010, 09:35 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2010/profiles/hall-davis?id=496776#tabs:tab-overview

a profile on hall davis. Seems to have good size.

DiG
08-31-2010, 02:29 PM
malcolm kelly officially to IR...

lendy holmes and edwin williams cut. looks like capers is gonna make it.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-31-2010, 02:36 PM
Haha Dmo was my draft crush. Bleh to Kelly. Tired of him. He'll never play a meaningful down in the NFL again.

DiG
08-31-2010, 02:38 PM
sad to see edwin not work out. always have a soft spot for my terps, except heyer. he makes me angry.

everyones thoughts on vjax?

SeanTaylorRIP
08-31-2010, 02:42 PM
I thought Edwin was perfect for the ZBS and could backup center and guard, guess not. Capers is a nice project but still gets pushed around like hell. As for Vjax I don't know so much baggage. I guess for a mid round pick but not much more when you consider the potential 3 or even 6 game suspension as well as having to give him a new contract and he has the DUI.

DiG
08-31-2010, 03:06 PM
ive also read that vjax is now willing to play out 2010 on a one year contract as long as it is at least average of the top 10 paid wrs. i would love that. see how he plays and work on a new contract if things are going well. im going under the assumption that santana moss will miss 2-4 games in 2011 and he honestly should be playing as a #2 or slot going forward, even though i think hes going to have a decent year.

critesy
09-01-2010, 12:36 AM
lol at hall davis getting cut. i hope part of the conditional pick we sent them was that he had to make the team for the pick to count.

personally i dont want v jax. just dont like him that much outside of san diego i dont know why. and then theres the problems and what not.. like one more DUI and hes done for a year or something? yeah no thanks.

and its sad to see edwin and morris go, had a place for both of them. and PLEASE get rid of tryone carter... he might be the worst player ever. amazing appearance bar but ****** ****** player. hate him as safety depth.

2 Live Crew
09-03-2010, 06:23 PM
I'm thinking that VJax is just going to cost too much in a trade to get. But what do you guys think of picking up Housh when/if Seattle releases him.

I'm actually a Housh fan myself. He might be old but he is can still be a prototype possession WR. Caught 79 balls last year with a very shaky Seattle offense.

And in 2008 he caught 92 balls with Palmer out that year. I think he would be a lock for 70 catches and 900 yds in this offense. I'd rather have him than Galloway.

703SKINS202
09-04-2010, 08:55 AM
I'd rather just draft a WR. We're the oldest team in the league we need to add youth to our roster.

critesy
09-04-2010, 10:35 AM
scotts new mock has us getting baldwin wr from pitt, i love it. i want one of those top 4 wrs.

Canadian_draft_fan
09-04-2010, 04:00 PM
I'm surprised to see Johnson make it over Torrain but no real shocks on the 53 otherwise.

On another note I see the immortal Colt Brennan was cut by the Raiders. What some Skins fans saw in him I'll never know.

critesy
09-04-2010, 04:01 PM
where do you see thee final 53? would like to take a look.

Canadian_draft_fan
09-04-2010, 04:05 PM
where do you see thee final 53? would like to take a look.
Hailredskins has a list of the cuts - I just inferred from there.

703SKINS202
09-04-2010, 07:52 PM
Cuts are up.

Banks made it. Needs to seriously cut back on the fumbling but I'm glad we have a returner finally.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Pissed Roydell made it over Terrence Austin.

2 Live Crew
09-05-2010, 03:41 AM
Pissed Roydell made it over Terrence Austin.

That was probably the most puzzling to me. You would have to think TA gets put on the PS however.

treyskins
09-05-2010, 12:44 PM
scotts new mock has us getting baldwin wr from pitt, i love it. i want one of those top 4 wrs.

If the 2011 draft is deep in wideouts, take one in round 2.

Looking at our O-Line i'd like another in round 1 next year.
Dont know yet if jammal brown can hold up for a whole season.
Have you seen our current back-ups(heyer still here?) and hicks/dock and rabach dont strike me as Shanny's future plan on the Line.

Green Bay have moved rookie Bulaga to guard,we could do the same and have insurance if the starters go down.
Or draft florida's G/C mike pouncey.

2 Live Crew
09-06-2010, 11:14 AM
Austin to PS like I thought so at least we didn't lose him. Along with Capers/Cook/Torain.

Should've picked up Housh at 1 yr 885k IMO. Nice pickup from Ozzie as usual.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-06-2010, 11:20 AM
Our receivers are just horrid. Galloway, Armstrong, Banks, Roydell and probably even Devin Thomas wouldn't even make over half of the rosters in the league.

703SKINS202
09-06-2010, 11:35 AM
Have they said what draft pick we got in return for Tryon? I'm sure nothing better than a 6th.

2 Live Crew
09-06-2010, 06:59 PM
Our receivers are just horrid. Galloway, Armstrong, Banks, Roydell and probably even Devin Thomas wouldn't even make over half of the rosters in the league.

No doubt, bottom 5 WR core in the league. Luckily DMac has worked with crap WR's most of his career.

Vjax trade price probably decreasing as we speak right now. Could probably get him on a discount once the season starts.

McBain
09-13-2010, 02:34 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/dallas-cowboys/09000d5d81a7e811/Cowboys-postgame-press-conference

Cowboys post game. Love listening to Wade's despondence -the part where he said he's never seen a touchdown get called back by a penalty was pretty funny too. Romo seemed a bit more aware than Wade.

treyskins
09-13-2010, 06:13 AM
Must be gut wrenching for the cowboys.

Sigh.

Ugly win,but with no offense to speak of, cannot complain,just enjoy!!

Still not impressed with the inside of our o-line and the less said about sellars and the lack of targets at wideout the better.
Not expecting much of an improvement against the texans either.

McBain
09-13-2010, 07:14 AM
Must be gut wrenching for the cowboys.

Sigh.

Ugly win,but with no offense to speak of, cannot complain,just enjoy!!

Still not impressed with the inside of our o-line and the less said about sellars and the lack of targets at wideout the better.
Not expecting much of an improvement against the texans either.

There were hiccups but i think a lot of those kinks will be worked out with some more repetitions... a lot of roster turnover plus system change on both sides of the ball, takes some time to sync up, y'know.

It may not have been a pretty win but, we took down a team thats been hyped up as one of the premier contenders. Shanahan ran a hardnosed camp and this win against a team with more continuity and more weapons is entirely owed to our coaching staff's preparedness and work ethic. We held last years number 2 offense to 1 td.

I'm really looking forward to part two of this match-up... the Cowboys looked undisciplined out there - I don't think we're going to catch them looking so out of sorts the next time.

Looking at this week we have a Texans team that is remarkably similar to the Cowboys.. the difference is they looked sharp and ready to play in their debut. It's going to require some serious stepping up by our offense - i don't think we will be able to ride our defense to another win. That said, the Texans don't have quite as good a defense specifically I don't think there DBs are very good... So, protect McNabb and hopefully we get the offense off the ground.

703SKINS202
09-13-2010, 09:12 AM
Congrats to D Hall on the game-changing play and for finally making some decent tackles.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-13-2010, 11:35 AM
God our wideouts are horrendous. Galloway, Roydell, and Armstrong not only shoudn't be playing they shouldn't even be on this roster if we weren't so sh*t at WR. C'mon he may be inconsistent and maybe in the Dog house but you can't tell me that Devin Thomas doesn't bring more than those other guys. This offense will be crap all year with these wideouts. Double Santana and Cooley and Mcnabb has to force it into guys who can't get separation and can't catch.

703SKINS202
09-13-2010, 12:41 PM
Agreed Strip, Thomas HAS to play. This is nonsense.

Hurricanes25
09-13-2010, 01:09 PM
You guys played really well last night especially the defense. It's nice to see guys like Landry, McIntosh, Rogers and Hall step up and play well. Then on offense, Portis looked like he had a little burst and Moss looks rejuvinated with Mcnabb at the helm. If the Skins keep on improving, it would not surprise me at all to see you guys fighting for a wildcard at the end of the year. There are lots of question marks in the NFC East.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-13-2010, 01:15 PM
Hah I wish and while it's a possibility I'm still sticking to my 7-9 projection. I've got to say though that LaRon Landry makes me proud. I've been so down on him but now that he's at SS he's an absolute monster. Yesterday 17 tackles, 13 solo, and amazingly I honestly don' think I saw him miss a tackle. And these weren't tackles 10 yards down the field, he was attacking every single play it was amazing to watch. Also I absolutely love Rocky. He might not be that thumper you look for in a 34 ILB, but he's an absolute gamer.

2 Live Crew
09-13-2010, 02:29 PM
Hah I wish and while it's a possibility I'm still sticking to my 7-9 projection. I've got to say though that LaRon Landry makes me proud. I've been so down on him but now that he's at SS he's an absolute monster. Yesterday 17 tackles, 13 solo, and amazingly I honestly don' think I saw him miss a tackle. And these weren't tackles 10 yards down the field, he was attacking every single play it was amazing to watch. Also I absolutely love Rocky. He might not be that thumper you look for in a 34 ILB, but he's an absolute gamer.

Just came to post about landry. Dude was in beast mode last night. Also nice start to trent williams career, played well against ware for the most part with no help.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-13-2010, 03:14 PM
I have a feeling Mario will eat his lunch on Sunday though. Trent can handle speed rushers but when Suggs dominated him and when Ware did well it was with the bull rush and usage of hands. Super Mario is so sound in his pass rushing skills he's gonna have a fiesta. Although that can be corrected with Portis chipping him. Portis might have lost a step but he's still a crazy pass blocker. I actually don't mind Portis this year, anything to keep Larry Johnson off the field is fine by me.

treyskins
09-13-2010, 03:19 PM
Props to the kicker Gano as well,lets hope we have found a kicker to last a few years.
As been said by a few of you, Great game from the likes of trent williams/landry/hall/orakpo and the usual from portis.

Not forgetting london fletcher,
He's not getting old,
He is ageless.

703SKINS202
09-13-2010, 03:27 PM
I would keep Portis here til hes 40, just for his ability to pass block/pancake anyone.

JRTPlaya21
09-13-2010, 09:57 PM
13-7 taste pretty damn good!

DiG
09-15-2010, 07:56 AM
http://i52.tinypic.com/2chba5f.gif

McBain
09-15-2010, 07:19 PM
Predictions for the game against the Texans.

I'm saying

21 - 17 REDSKINS

I think they have more talent on their squad and have gelled a lot more than ours. But i've never seen our team better prepared than last week, they came out and hit the cowboys right in the mouth. This week our coaches know this team even better and hopefully we see the same outcome. The offense will score touchdowns this week, believe it!

SeanTaylorRIP
09-16-2010, 03:22 PM
I'm a little less confident I have Texans winning 31-17. I think our secondary will be exploited on the deep balls since we have to respect the run and I don't see the Texans being check down kings like Romo was last week. Offensively we will move it some but Mario Williams will abuse Trent Williams. Antonio Smith looks good as well. I'd also worry about a Jacoby run back.

McBain
09-17-2010, 03:04 AM
I'm a little less confident I have Texans winning 31-17. I think our secondary will be exploited on the deep balls since we have to respect the run and I don't see the Texans being check down kings like Romo was last week. Offensively we will move it some but Mario Williams will abuse Trent Williams. Antonio Smith looks good as well. I'd also worry about a Jacoby run back.

No question we're playing a team with more talent and continuity - the redskins will have to play a near perfect game to win it.

Shanahan's breathed some real discipline and accountability into this organization, if any coach we've had is capable of coaching that near perfect game and getting most out of his players i think it's Shanahan.

Hopefully Kareem Moore can play this game... i would hate to see Doughty getting eaten up by Andre Johnson all game.

Haslett has to come up with a superior game plan than last week - hopefully with the intimate knowledge of the system the redskins have... the team can exploit something. We need to sack the hell out of Schaub and force some turnovers.

DiG
09-17-2010, 07:36 AM
Consistent pressure is going to be key this game. If Schaub gets time in the pocket than theres no doubt that he and Andre can connect on some deep balls. When Schaub is rattled early he has a history of struggling more than when he has a chance to settle into a game. Orakpo needs to drop Schaub early and often. I loved the mix of blitzes last week from our DBs too. Landry did well blowing up the backfield a few times and he will need to continue that this week.

The Texans can obviously put up points quick and we are going to probably need to score in the mid to high 20s to win this one. Portis looked better in the second half last week and if he can continue to build on that than hopefully we can have a better run game to help balance with the pass. Trent I thought did well against Ware but the Ravens game showed us that he has more trouble with power rushers like Suggs who plays similar to Mario Williams. We'll have to be creative on offense but we finally have coaches that know how to handle these types of games and I am confident that they will keep us in this game too.

2 Live Crew
09-18-2010, 06:41 PM
I'm confident Trent can hold his own against Mario. Also, I think the Texans are going to come down a little bit after a big emotional win at home and having to come play in DC.

I really believe this Skins team will get better and better throughout the year. Having said that, the Texans are just a better, more well rounded team at the moment so I have a hard time giving the skins the win here. The skins will always play teams close though, so I'll go 24-20 Houston.

Funny thing is I just moved to Houston like 2 months ago from DC so I've adopted the Texans as my 2nd team so hopefully they have a good year after getting beat by the skins this week haha

Canadian_draft_fan
09-19-2010, 06:46 PM
Well, that was an epic collapse. Can we please end the Reed Doughty as free safety experiment. He is a fine back up and ST'er but he just can't cover. We need Moore back real fast.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-19-2010, 06:51 PM
We need a real FS and we need a redzone target. Our redzone offense is horrendous, we have no one who can make a play.

McBain
09-19-2010, 06:52 PM
Just hope williams and landry are alright.

McBain
09-19-2010, 07:34 PM
According to Rich Campbell's twitter account trent williams passed the preliminary acl test - but he will have an MRI on his toe and knee. Damn you guys we were so good in this game - Doughty really sucked, Horton too. If only Galloway was a step faster or Gano hadn't been blocked or that god damn ice... jesus that pissed me off.

Edit -

http://twitter.com/Russellmania09/status/24978555149

Trent Williams quoted as saying he doesn't think it's major.

DiG
09-19-2010, 09:15 PM
overall im happy with where we are going. sure we should have won but we are getting there. the offense had a few lapses but mcnabb looked damn good out there for the most part. if we could get a damn run game going to help him it would be even more productive.

we easily had 3-4 chances to put away and win that game tonight. portis tripped on his feet on what should have been a TD run to force the field goal that then got blocked. hortons penalty gave houston another chance to convert and continue the drive that tied the game. somehow we decided not to double team the best wr in the NFL on 4th and long. instead we go with a soft zone coverage and leave reed doughty to defend a jump ball in the endzone...

on that note, our free safeties are awful. i know kareem moore is expected back this week but i can convince myself that he is going to be much of an upgrade. at the same time, landry is a freaking machine at SS.

McBain
09-20-2010, 03:35 AM
Im starting to think anyone is better than doughty... i mean come on, 4th down and he got completely owned... he was there and a better athlete would have made a play on the ball - actually, one did Andre Johnson caught that **** over top of him. Just embarrassing.

Wish we had run a bit more especially when we were up by 17.

Looking ahead our line is looking bad without trent williams, at least it's the rams and not the giants or someone with ridiculous pass rush.

treyskins
09-20-2010, 12:19 PM
I'd echo most of what DirtyThirty said.
Tough loss but the team is on the up.

Doughty is never meant to be a free safety-its on the coaches who didnt address this in the off-season.
Kareem Moore was injured in the year we drafted him and id put money on him missing more time this year.He has talent but did it against small college schools,unlikely to be our future Safety.

Now i EXPECT the skins to go to the rams and get the win and make an improvement in the dire state of our running game.

BamaFalcon59
09-20-2010, 02:39 PM
So apparently DHall wants to be on those number one receivers, referencing the fourth and ten play.

DiG
09-20-2010, 02:50 PM
he should be. no reason whatsoever that buchanon/reed are covering andre on that play. hall has played much improved so far this year and seems to be fitting into this defense nicely. not the same can be said about some other defenders.

703SKINS202
09-20-2010, 03:56 PM
Yea I had no idea why Buchanon was on Andre so much.

The offense looked great in the first half. The passing game is looking good with just adequate receivers which is all props to McNabb. If we don't establish a run game though, we wont win. TOP is the reason we lost that game, along with horrible backups. The FS position must be addressed immediately. I like Reed and wont hate on him because he honestly shouldn't be out there in the first place it just shows our lack of depth and I don't just mean in the secondary. We need players at almost every position. No reason this team can't win 8 games though.

datchapin
09-20-2010, 04:05 PM
Just wanted to say awesome game! I never seen so many game changing plays. I hope Landry and Williams aren't seriously hurt. This game, I won't forget it for a long time.

Best of luck and SCREW THE COWGIRLS!!

SeanTaylorRIP
09-20-2010, 04:53 PM
I had a horrible feeling Buchnanon would be on Dre a lot this weekend, all week he was talking the ears off the coaching staff about how he covered AJ every day of practice at the U and knows his route running nuances, lol. Buchanon has actually been a surprise to me but he should only be covering the opposing team's slot receiver. Carlos was pretty terrible yesterday though. Figures the game he actually gets an INT he decides to take the day off in coverage. Physicality has never been his problem it's always been double moves, but yesterday Walter was boxing him out all day. Poor performance on his part. Also Lorenzo Alexander gives maximum effort but he just isn't fast enough to be playing 34 OLB. Offensively the Armstrong and Roydell plays were fluke plays, can't expect much from them on a weekly basis. Would love to see more 2 WR sets as I think Fred Davis is the 3rd best receiving option on this team. On the line I really love the acquisition of Jamaal Brown. For the most part he kept Antonio Smith and at times Mario Williams quiet. Heyer of course steps in and takes away our huge 3rd down conversion lol. Heyer at LT would be like having Alex Barron there.

Just wanted to say awesome game! I never seen so many game changing plays. I hope Landry and Williams aren't seriously hurt. This game, I won't forget it for a long time.

Best of luck and SCREW THE COWGIRLS!!

Ya'll better beat up on the Cowboys this week.

Random Fact-LaRon Landry leads the NFL in tackles. Rocky McIntosh is 3rd, Deangelo Hall is amazingly 7th, and London Fletcher is down at 21. Usually a bunch of tackles by your safety is a bad thing but most of Landry's tackles have been at the LOS. He has been playing possessed.

2 Live Crew
09-21-2010, 05:22 PM
Larry Johnson cut...lol

He deserved to be cut after that horrible backwards run. I didn't like that signing from the start.

Thank god Trent's injury isn't serious and he may be back week 4. God help us all if Heyer has to play LT for any length of time. Hopefully they slide Brown over to LT while Trent is out.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-21-2010, 05:37 PM
Larry Johnson cut...lol

He deserved to be cut after that horrible backwards run. I didn't like that signing from the start.

Thank god Trent's injury isn't serious and he may be back week 4. God help us all if Heyer has to play LT for any length of time. Hopefully they slide Brown over to LT while Trent is out.

Yeah that's what I was thinking have Brown slide to the left. Maybe even put Hicks at RT. Oh and I am so estatic about LJ being cut. He was horrendous. That means Keiland is our #2 although I'm not high on him at all and he's not that much of an upgrade over LJ. Apparently we signed Chad Simpson which I love. A little hometown flavor. He is a special teams ace who is very quick and shifty. Could be our 3rd down back. Sucks that CP blows as a receiver since he's so good in pass protection. Still though if CP goes down wow we are in trouble. Torain is on the practice squad and could be called up.

Morton
09-21-2010, 11:00 PM
Question: how have you guys liked McNabb so far?

How much of an improvement do you consider McNabb over Campbell?

703SKINS202
09-21-2010, 11:05 PM
I think everyone loves him and he is a million times better.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-22-2010, 11:46 AM
Question: how have you guys liked McNabb so far?

How much of an improvement do you consider McNabb over Campbell?

You can't really compare a starting QB to a guy who should be a backup. I'm not gonna sit here and act like Mcnabb is still a top 5 QB, but he's still in the upper half. Just the fact that he doens't get sacked and when he does he doesn't fumble automatically gives us a chance to win a half dozen games we lost last year because of that. You have no idea how long it's been since we've had a QB who actually can make reads and not just throw it to whoever he decides to before the play.

2 Live Crew
09-22-2010, 02:42 PM
Mcnabb is still a top 10 qb, he's great. He's made throws Campbell only dreams of making

Morton
09-22-2010, 04:48 PM
I'm just asking because the consensus among alot of people last year was that Campbell "could" be a good starter if given a better O-Line and better WRs. For instance, with Trent Williams and the other new RT, could he have the same production as McNabb? Or no?

McBain
09-23-2010, 10:01 AM
I'm just asking because the consensus among alot of people last year was that Campbell "could" be a good starter if given a better O-Line and better WRs. For instance, with Trent Williams and the other new RT, could he have the same production as McNabb? Or no?

HE would have been better with the ol we have right now... but he's definitely not anywhere near mcnabb. Campbell's release and reads are too sloooooooow.

treyskins
09-23-2010, 02:52 PM
The axing of larry johnson was bad news, i dont see C.P. holding up for a full season if we use him like Joe Gibbs did.

At the moment the o-line isnt making too many holes for the r.b.'s and after the rams we have 5 real tough games on the bounce.
Hard to see us winning one of them,although we have beaten the colts recently and maybe the eagles are in disarray(but vick can run on us right?).
Cant remember when the skins last beat the packers?

Brutal Schedule
Brutal.

DiG
09-24-2010, 08:36 AM
the eagles game i feel is a winnable game. mcnabb is going to be pumped and playing his @#$ off. their oline isnt great and their defense is nothing special. should be another high scoring game. i agree the packers and colts games look to be very hard games for us to win but im not sold on the bears and then we have the lions at home after that. 5-3 at the halfway point would be ideal but 4-4 is a definite possibility with that schedule. either way we have to beat the rams this weekend then go from there.

McBain
09-24-2010, 12:17 PM
Apparently Jammal Brown is looking good at LT. Rams should be a team we can steam roll, however in 2008 we were 4-1 they beat us and we narrowly defeated them the last time 9-7. Still, we have superior talent and coaching, we should take this one... we just gotta stop stephen jackson.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-24-2010, 12:56 PM
I'm worried about S-Jax but not the most. Jackson will get his 80-130 yards total but our run defense is pretty good. The thing I worry about is how fast Bradford gets the ball out. If our pressure can't get to him I worry the Rams will have a bunch of long drives. They will probably end up in field goals but still if our offense isn't on we could lose another game like the one when Haslett was their coach. Good thing for us the Rams have no good wideouts, but Bradford-Clayton OKlahoma connection seems strong. I'm really holding out for a good game for Portis to build confidence.

703SKINS202
09-24-2010, 01:51 PM
Yea, we really need to establish some kind of running game. I'm not saying Portis has to rush for 120 yards but the team needs to get at least 150.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-24-2010, 02:34 PM
Yea, we really need to establish some kind of running game. I'm not saying Portis has to rush for 120 yards but the team needs to get at least 150.

Hah Portis probably does need 120 for us to get 150 on the ground barring a big Mcnabb scramble. On a side note Sellers was playing possessed last week. Never seen him run so fast and catch the ball without juggling. I still have nigthmares of him fumbling at the goaline though, lol. Still glad he made the team although I know many Skins fans in the preseason didn't want him anymore. Wish he would do a better job blocking though.

703SKINS202
09-25-2010, 10:15 AM
Ryan Torain promoted from the practice squad, Banks waived.
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/brandon-banks/ryan-torain-to-replace-brandon.html

2 Live Crew
09-25-2010, 11:03 AM
This is the CLASSIC type of game that Zorn and Gibbs 2.0 would have lost. The trap game with the emotional letdown. Let's see if its different in the Shanny Era

McBain
09-26-2010, 10:17 AM
24 - 10

Redskins.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-26-2010, 06:15 PM
I think we've just learned that even last year's Zorn version of the team is better than this years. Our defense is horrendous. To let the Rams dominate TOP like this without Steven Jackson and Donnie Avery is one of the worst things I've ever seen. It's this stupid fcking 34. They are tearing us apart with short passes because we have a bunch of fckers who shouldn't be playing in space. Not to mention our corners were getting abused by scrub receivers. This is horrible. And would someone other than Moss run a proper route. Crap man.

703SKINS202
09-26-2010, 06:19 PM
I also hate me some 3-4 with this roster. Awful game, we're just simply not that talented.

2 Live Crew
09-26-2010, 06:33 PM
This team is pathetic! There is simply a huge lack of talent on this team thanks mostly to Vinny.

The only players on this team that are above average at their current position are Landry, Mcnabb, Orakpo, and maybe T Williams. That's 4 out of 22 if I'm being generous.

Bring back Zorn!!! lol

treyskins
09-26-2010, 06:43 PM
Just like the lions game last year,we lose to the worst in the nfl.

So where does that leave the skins?

Haslett is taking the defense in the wrong direction BUT far too many players either made STOOPID mistakes or FAILED to make a play.

The iggles will feast on us.
THEN it will get brutal.
Season over.

2 Live Crew
09-26-2010, 06:45 PM
At least we got a win off Dallas before the season was over.

McBain
09-26-2010, 08:04 PM
16-14 when i left to a family outting.... wtf happend.

DiG
09-26-2010, 08:43 PM
lol we gave up 30 to the rams. couldnt convert in the redzone and our defense is mostly soft other than a couple players. we play big cushions and just let teams slowly work the field with ease.

D-Unit
09-27-2010, 03:51 PM
The NFC East is hoooooorible. LOL.

SeanTaylorRIP
09-28-2010, 12:36 PM
Here's my Skins rant, and yeah no paragraphs or line breaks damnit!

I'm not going to lie I'm pretty fcking pissed right now. Look I know Shanny's a great coach, but he is so damn hard headed. He goes on these massive ego trips to the detriment of the team. It's like we've done a complete 180 in one year. One extreme to another. We went from having a head coach with no ego who let his players walk all over him and disrespect him, to a coach who has such a massive ego and it’s his way no matter what. I mean Haslett deserves a share in the blame but this switch to the 34 has been embarrassing. Ok look I understand that Shanny and Haslett have secure jobs for a while but they are absolutely neglecting the present. I understand that you want to build for the future, and I wouldn’t mind multiple 34 looks, but to be doing it full time like we have is a flat out joke. It’s like they don’t care about this year all they care about is building their system for the future. The fact is we don’t have the personnel to run a 3-4. You have to find some balance between installing for the future and staying competitive for the present. I never expected us to be in the playoffs, but I did expect us to win at least 7 games with our roster. Shanny might not care about this year and great if we get a high pick, but this fan base deserves better results. I don’t get it we have been a top 10 defense in the NFL the past 4 or 5 seasons. Last year we were the 4th ranked defense in the NFL with basically the same personnel. Yet somehow we are now the last ranked defense in the NFL and this is despite Landry and Deangelo Hall playing at higher levels than they ever have for us. I’ve tried picking out certain guys who have been horrible to give us the poor results we have had, but really I can’t pick out anyone. Doughty wasn’t even that bad. The point is it isn’t the failure of the players necessarily, it’s the failure of the system. It is outrageous how you can change up an entire defense when not a single player fit’s the system. Our D-line of Carriker/Golston/Kemo, is horrific. That is the kind of lineup which on a real team would be a nice rotational group off the bench. These guys are getting blocked by one blocker which is a joke in a 34. When Haynesworth is there he just shoots a gap and basically leaves a huge hole where he should be clogging blocks. Then comes to our linebackers. None of our backers other than Orakpo are fit for a 34 and even Orakpo is still a work in process when he’s not rushing the passer. Lorenzo Alexander and Andre Carter God bless their souls for playing hard, but they aren’t meant to play in space. Even London Fletcher and McIntosh are contributing to our failures. They still make plays but they simply aren’t the thumpers you need from a 34 ILB especially when your D-line sucks and you have no protection. It’s so sad to see Fletcher getting engulfed by double team blocks from O-lineman. He’s never been hurt in his career yet I fear this year may be the first. Lastly the secondary, we have a bunch of skilled playmakers but we suck when a play is extended. The lack of pass rush from the 34 is really quite troubling. This defense reminds me of the 05 Ravens who went 6-10 and we started to question if Ray Lewis was washed up. We simply don’t have the pieces in tact. I don’t get it, if it aint broke why fix it. In previous seasons we’ve always had a good defense but it was our lack of big plays on offense that has held us back. Figures that now that we finally have a playmaking QB, our defense blows. I can understand the Texans running all over us although 497 yards passing to an opposing QB is never acceptable, but 30 points to the Rams with a rookie QB and missing their only relevant offensive player in Steven Jackson, what the hell is that. That’s like Alabama letting UVA score 40 on them. The sad thing is how well our players fit into a traditional 43 defense. I don't even think our Dallas performance was as impressive as some people think. If anything I think that was Dallas just playing way too jumpy. They played conservative and forced plays instead of letting them develop.I mentioned how piss poor our D-line is but a 43 line of Andre Cater/Albert Haynesworth/Kedric Golston/Phillip Daniels and Orakpo on pass downs is damn good. London Fletcher and Rocky McIntosh are pro bowl caliber players at their respective positions yet as 34 ILB’s are simply mediocre and unable to take on multiple blocks. I’m really tired of this crap. Oh and one last point it sickens me to see the media criticize Portis for his slide and say that his fear of contact is a tone setter for the team. Are you fcking kidding me? This is the same Portis who lit up Demarcus Ware and Mario Williams in pass protection. The guy is not afraid of contact. The fact is that on that play Portis did the smart thing. He already got 20+ yards on the run and he saw 3 guys coming up on him. Lets be honest even Portis knows that he doesn’t have the speed anymore to break away. Is it really worth getting sandwiched for an extra 3 yards especially given his injury history and the teams lack of depth at the position. Furthermore lets not forget Santana Moss had just given up 7 points by getting the ball knocked away from behind. Portis knew the guy behind him was coming faster than he can run so he didn’t risk the turnover. The sad part is that this slide seems to be the reason for his 2nd half benching. I’m sorry but Portis had 46 yards on 6 carries. If he’s feeling that good you have to keep feeding him. Games like that are what build confidence and rhythm, we just about killed that. You know what Torrain did do well but you don’t bench your #1 back when he’s running well for the first time all season. And again hearing Shanny talk about the situation makes me want to cut his throat. How can he say with a straight face that his plan has always been to make CP the 3rd down back and have Torrain in on first down because of his explosion. If he was so fcking high on Torrain why the hell was he on the practice squad behind Larry Johnson and Keiland Williams? Another comment that really makes you wonder where Shanny’s head is. And for Shanny’s reasoning all of Portis’s runs were on first and second down. And I laugh at him saying that he isn’t benching Portis but wanted to give him some breaks between his runs. He had 7 fcking carries! He had one carry after the first quarter which he ripped I take huge issue to this and I’m not even a massive Portis fan. Maybe I’m overreacting after 3 games, but I don’t like what I’m seeing so far especially from the coaching staff. Don’t get me started on Devin Thomas not seeing a single snap at WR even though Anthony Armstrong was out and Joey Galloway and Roydell Williams have like 1 catch each this year.

DiG
09-28-2010, 03:25 PM
i havent read it all yet strip and i promise i will but i will say that our nickle formations and dime packages are giving up a lot more big plays than our base 3-4. with that said, i obviously agree the right pieces arent there for a successful 3-4.

2 Live Crew
09-28-2010, 07:14 PM
Wow strip I almost **** a brick when I saw that huge block of text lol.

I agree the 34 doesn't fit these guys but whatever, we weren't going to compete this year anyway.

They are going to do a lot more housecleaning next offseason as well. The cold hard fact is that it is going to take awhile to overcome the years and years of damage done to the team by Snyder/Cerrato.

I'm ready for it to be next year already.

McBain
09-28-2010, 11:50 PM
I agree with what you had to say in regards to the 34 d. 34 looks mixed in would have been ideal but, it is how it is... hopefully haynesworth changes his attitude or we trade for somebody who fits better.

I wasn't totally onboard with mcnabb for a 2nd but after watching the last few games, it's amazing how much better he is than cambell, i guess i just used to poor qb play.

I don't think anyone will disagree with me when i say we are a team on the rise and despite the horrific let down at STL this is a team that's only going to get better.

treyskins
09-29-2010, 06:17 AM
The players have not brought into the 3-4 totally from the comments i have heard from them so its going to get painful for a while.

What p*sses me off is haslett saying in the off-season that they are NOT going to use andre carter like he was used in san fran in the 3-4 and look what has happened to him.(can you see vick running by him this weekend?)

Carter/golston/haynesworth/kemo/rocky are just not good fits here BUT i dont think our secondary is that good in a 3-4 OR a 4-3.
Rogers,hall need to be upgraded and a free safety brought in.
Moore/doughty and horton are fine for depth/rotation.

Its gonna take years for it to be fixed BUT haslett has never improved a defense when at pittsburgh or st. louis and if you look at shanny's track record he fires def co's FAST.

McNabb has not signed a long term contract,if we are re-building why would he want to?
The skins franchise tag him and he moves on to a better team.
One question for all of you,if next year a lock-out looms large(no c.b.a.) why would owners want to sign any free agents if they are not going to play a full season?
Cant reload with just the draft.

Morton
10-03-2010, 10:51 AM
Yeah, switching to the 3-4 was the dumbest thing the Redskins did this offseason. The defense has has so many solid 4-3 players like London Fletcher, Andre Carter, Albert Haynesworth and Brian Orakpo that it almost seems like a crime that they are being wasted in a 3-4 scheme that exposes their deficiencies and minimizes their strengths.

Honestly, if they still ran the 4-3 with Haynesworth at DT, and Carter/Orakpo as DEs, and Fletcher as MLB, I think the Skins have a top 10 defense this year and win the division. The switch to the 3-4 is single-handedly going to ruin their playoff hopes for 2010, in my opinion.

DiG
10-03-2010, 08:48 PM
yea boyyysss!!!! 2-0 in the division. no one is running away with this division. definitely wasnt pretty today but damn glad we pulled it out. ill post full game thoughts tomorrow.

one things for sure. if heyer has to start another game this year i may shoot myself.

703SKINS202
10-03-2010, 08:57 PM
As much as I don't like the new 3-4, at least we are finally coming up with some turnovers. **** Carlos Rogers.

2 Live Crew
10-03-2010, 11:00 PM
Ugly win but I'll take it. And for the love of god can we please....CUT HEYER.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-04-2010, 07:21 AM
Ugly win but I'll take it. And for the love of god can we please....CUT HEYER.

Might as well cut that POS Heyer even with Trent Williams out. Move Jamaal to LT and take Dockery's ass off the bench and put him at RT. Or put him at RG and move Hicks to RT.

treyskins
10-04-2010, 04:52 PM
A game of inches?

Vick makes it across the goal-line and the eagles get an early TD.
Instead he is part of a redskin sandwich and his day is done.

Interesting that haslett took away the threat of maclin/desean and it took philly far too long to put up points.
Fantastic first half,very poor offensively second half(bit like the texans game).

By the way,the last time we beat the packers was back in 1988.
True we havent played them much(thank God)but this must be the longest losing streak, in years,against an nfl team the skins have.
They are looking a bit shaky at the moment.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-04-2010, 04:57 PM
Aaron Rodgers is going to light us up Schaub style. I guess the only reason I won't be totally depressed on Sunday is that I have Rodgers on my work league in fantasy football, lol. Expect Rodgers to throw a butt load of times with zero threat of a rushing attack.

DiG
10-05-2010, 08:48 AM
A game of inches?

Vick makes it across the goal-line and the eagles get an early TD.
Instead he is part of a redskin sandwich and his day is done.

even if he got across the goal line it wouldnt have mattered. there was a holding penalty. orakpo has to be in the top 5 in the league for holding penalties against.

703SKINS202
10-05-2010, 12:23 PM
Yea, every play I watch now opposing tackles are strangling Orakpo just like Barron did.

treyskins
10-06-2010, 03:45 PM
Portis out for 4-6 weeks.
Not good,let's see if torain can handle the workload.
Anyone think Portis will make the team next year with his costly salary?
Dont think he can beat Riggos career rushing record as a skin which will be a shame.

Randy Moss to the vikes,r.b Lynch to the seahawks=does this clear the way for vincent Jackson to come to the skins.
Watch this space.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-06-2010, 03:48 PM
Good god this is a nightmare. Torrain has never been healthy and we dont' even know how good he can be when he gets around the 20 carry mark. Jeezus who is behind him Chad Simpson?

DiG
10-06-2010, 03:49 PM
we need to sign or trade for someone. we cannot roll with just torrain.

im assuming they will bring up k. williams to the active roster but that gives me no more security...

what about a 6th or something for slaton?? hes averaging 5.5 ypc on his limited touches this year and with foster killing it, he isnt going to get any more playing time there. he knows the offense and has had success with kyle in the past.

who else would be available? bernard scott or mcgahee?

SeanTaylorRIP
10-06-2010, 03:59 PM
Lets not forget Portis might have saved Donny at least a half dozen times this year from a massive hit with his pass protection. Torrain sucks in pass protection and Simpson I haven't seen in pass protection but he's skinny as hell and looks just like a returner and receiving back. Kinda wish we knew the news a few days earlier and made a play for Marshawn. God now our backs are even worst than our receivers as hard as that is to believe. I swear do God I will hit someone if we bring back Larry Johnson.

critesy
10-06-2010, 04:02 PM
we got torain, williams, simpson and just signed javarris james to the ps. good lord.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-06-2010, 04:30 PM
I'd give a mid-late round pick for Steve Slaton or Jerome Harrison. I think we'll bring in Julius Jones and maybe sign him.

D-Unit
10-06-2010, 04:42 PM
Stop saying these things! I need Torrain to carry my fantasy team to victory!

DiG
10-06-2010, 09:32 PM
Stop saying these things! I need Torrain to carry my fantasy team to victory!

shanahan says torrain is one of the best rbs in the nfl...yet somehow 31 teams let him go through waivers

703SKINS202
10-06-2010, 09:39 PM
If we had an average passing game I could see Torrain putting up some pretty big numbers. However, we have Anthony Armstrong and Galloway, yea.

2 Live Crew
10-09-2010, 12:15 PM
I've got faith in Torain, he's a much better runner than CP at this point, lets be honest.

Also, Devin Thomas just got cut lol. I know some of you guys liked him, but dude could never even get on the field with Zorn either. He wasn't good and is a bust, plain and simple. Thanks again Vinny!

critesy
10-09-2010, 02:28 PM
funny how kelly is still chillin on the IR.

DiG
10-09-2010, 02:29 PM
i honestly cant even think of anything to say bout devin getting cut.

critesy
10-09-2010, 02:45 PM
hope he got his degree ?

McBain
10-10-2010, 04:21 PM
We win! Dallas is down by 14 - awesome sunday.

2 Live Crew
10-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Wow! very nice team win by the skins.

This team may not have all that much talent, however, they play much smarter and tougher with Shanny/Mcnabb leading the way.

Those 2 will give us a chance to win games that we probably shouldn't win, like today.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-10-2010, 06:52 PM
I can't fathom though Donny staying healthy with the type of protection he's getting and that was even before Jamaal and Trent got hurt. He can't run for his life every play.

critesy
10-10-2010, 07:12 PM
does this team remind anyone of denver last year?

DiG
10-11-2010, 08:58 AM
i was fortunate enough to be at the game yesterday and i gotta say, we may not have all the talent yet but shanahan has this team fighting hard. our wins won't be pretty this year but they will be earned.

i actually think we played well enough to win that game yesterday by more than we did. in the first half mcnabb missed 3-4 open receivers down field.

i dont think torrain/k.williams are going to get it done. i really hope there is another option out there.

oh and by the way, landry and orakpo are beasts. it means A LOT for this defense to have landry playing again at a premiere level.

703SKINS202
10-11-2010, 12:02 PM
I agree, having Orakpo and Landry playing like pro-bowlers is what's keeping us alive right now. We already have 8 takeaways through 5 games, we had 17 total last year. Although I hate how soft we play in coverage sometimes and its obvious our front 7 has difficulty with gap assignments, as long as we keep creating turnovers we have a chance to win. We're +4 overall.

As for the offense, we obviously just lack talent across the board. Hopefully we can find someone to fill in he backup RB role because Williams can't get it done. I like Torain but he should be carrying about 15 times a game, 20 max.

Moss is having a nice season would like to see some more TD's and he definitely should have had that one in the endzone. It was GREAT to see Anthony Armstrong go up for that TD. Shows you that if you work hard enough you can make an impact despite a lack of talent (DT). The deep ball is actually a factor in this offense again and even though McNabb isn't 100% accurate it's wayyyyy better than Campbell's deep balls. Got to work on our pass protection though or we will be seeing Rex Grossman sooner than later.

Gano is Gano, I'm just reserved to the fact that we will always have a shaky kicker, that stutter step gave me a heart attack. Brandon Banks is a ******* g. I love watching this guy play, he was HUGE for us yesterday, turned a lot of bad field position into 30-40 yards returns. I was skeptical of him in the preseason but I'm glad he is doing so well. He has definitely earned his keep. Would like to see him get a couple series at WR where they don't immediately look to him with a reverse or WR screen because teams are looking for that. He can sneak past people with his size and speed and we know McNabb can get it to him.

treyskins
10-11-2010, 04:43 PM
Got to give them credit,they are finding ways to win even though the skins have major problems to deal with.
At least in this brutal stretch they are handing out the brutality!
I've not got it right in predictions but as far as winning i'd rather be wrong than right.

Next up the colts primetime.
Addai out?,our Tackles not fully healed,our interior linemen ready to play a better game?
A passing shoot-out between manning and mcnabb?
Bring it on!

SeanTaylorRIP
10-11-2010, 06:51 PM
I just get nervous as hell watching Banks on KR's, I think he's way too small for KR's. If he ever gets hit flushed it's over, or at the very least he'll fumble. I'd rather see Chad Simpson back there with his experience. Or Keiland. As a PR though Banks is straight G, a young Dante Hall.

McBain
10-11-2010, 07:02 PM
I agree with the personnel synopsis, 703 - nice.

Looking ahead, the Colts are 1-2 out of their dome. Hopefully the grass slows them down a bit and we can continue forcing turnovers (i think we're +5) we definitely need some against manning.

Offensively ts been nice having a Qb who can actually throw the deep ball.

2 Live Crew
10-11-2010, 09:08 PM
Props to the D by the way for holding GB to 13 pts. Even with their injuries, that's still pretty impressive.

DiG
10-17-2010, 10:05 PM
4 dropped ints already tonight. 2 by stonehands rogers....

why is reed doughty on the field?

McBain
10-18-2010, 09:30 PM
4 dropped ints already tonight. 2 by stonehands rogers....

why is reed doughty on the field?

QFT

kjkhlkjhlkh

treyskins
10-23-2010, 04:34 PM
So,

Who are we going to injure this week?

SeanTaylorRIP
10-23-2010, 06:10 PM
Hopefully not Matt Forte for the sake of my fantasy team, lol.

treyskins
10-24-2010, 01:34 PM
First half and the bears offense looks ugly.

So what is the redskins excuse?

The offense is doing their best to lose another game.
C'mon mcnabb step it up!

treyskins
10-24-2010, 03:45 PM
Did jay Cutler play FOR the Redskins?

Some may say it was an ugly win but Hasletts much maligned Defense made the plays over and over again.
Gameball to D.Hall,a career day.

Their defense was pretty good too, but we should have put up more scores especially early on.
Anthony Armstrong is looking a find but next to nothing from mike sellars,
why?

2 Live Crew
10-24-2010, 05:21 PM
Thank you Jay Cutler. D Hall carrying the team today...amazing. All Torain Vehicle running tough today as well.

DiG
10-25-2010, 09:58 AM
it may not have been pretty but in the end a wins a win. hall was a straight beast and big al looked damn good. need to find away to get this offense more consistent moving the ball. wish wed made the move on vjax. still some other good free agent wrs next year.

2 Live Crew
10-25-2010, 10:43 AM
it may not have been pretty but in the end a wins a win. hall was a straight beast and big al looked damn good. need to find away to get this offense more consistent moving the ball. wish wed made the move on vjax. still some other good free agent wrs next year.

Well the OL is still having some pass protection issues. Mcnabb is still getting hit on most of his dropbacks. I think that will get better with time though and hopefully some more drafting of OL to come.

Even though Mcnabb wasn't great today, Armstrong dropped a possible TD...and there were a few other drops including Moss falling down on a catchable ball as well.

Also, I think the OL is starting to gel a little bit when it comes to the Zone running scheme. So overall, I'm still optimistic about this offense getting better this year.

And if Albert can play like he did today than this D should be in good shape. If they beat the Lions that will put them at 5-3 going into the bye. I think they can go 4-4 after the bye and sneak into the playoffs at 9-7.

DiG
10-25-2010, 01:34 PM
the outside of the oline looks solid to me but i agree the interior is a mess. hicks is a good backup olineman given his experience and versatility but not a player im comfortable starting for an entire year. kory l and rabach are not good and dockery obviously does not fit this scheme. i would hope next offseason we replace all 3 interior olineman.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-25-2010, 05:08 PM
I'm worried about Torrain. He runs hard as hell and has been a beast but I called it the first time I saw him carry the ball, he's a fumble liability every single play. He carries the ball like an idiot. Away from his body and rocking it like a baby. How you carry the ball can't be fixed immediately. I noticed after the fumbles he started to run tentatively.

2 Live Crew
10-26-2010, 09:06 AM
On a side note, remember when we almost traded for Cutler? I believe we had a deal in place that was 2 1st rounders and 2 3rd rounders. If I'm not mistaken, those 2 first rounders were Trent and Orakpo.

Thank god the Broncos swooped in at the last minute and saved Vinny and Snyder from themselves. Anyone wish we still would've done that one haha.

Also, thank god the Bengals didn't do the 2 first rounders for Ocho deal.

DiG
10-27-2010, 10:37 AM
whohooooo skins signed james davis! perfect back for shanahan if he can just stay healthy baby! word has it that he asked the browns to release him because of their love for peyton hillis. apparently there were 10 teams interested and he chose the skins because he liked his chances and the scheme here.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-27-2010, 11:49 AM
Don't know how much time he will get. As long as Torrain doesn't keep fumbling it he is our primary back, and Keiland will stay as our 3rd down back because of his pass protection. Also you can't discount Portis maybe coming back. Still though happy to have him as a #3 should Torrain go down with his injury history. With that said James Davis was behind Hillis and Harrison on the depth chart and he has had injury problems, loved him at Clemson though and you are right about him being the perfect fit.

treyskins
10-27-2010, 03:37 PM
Another who is thrilled we picked up James Davis-who chose us over other teams interested.
Plus C.P. is coming back soon,i think that means keiland Williams back to the practice squad?
After the bye we should be loaded at running back,just need to open some lanes,Sellers you beast r.u. listening.

In todays washpostinsider column Shanny is quoted as saying there will be no new contract for McNabb this season.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-27-2010, 04:00 PM
Hah definitely would improve our RB situation but yeah Ryan Torrain, Clinton Portis, and James Davis is far from "loaded."

703SKINS202
10-27-2010, 06:13 PM
In todays washpostinsider column Shanny is quoted as saying there will be no new contract for McNabb this season.
That's pretty scary if you ask me. I was wondering if he would ever resign. If he bolts for a team like the Vikings or the Card's in the off season that would be devastating. Hopefully we can make a playoff run...

SeanTaylorRIP
10-27-2010, 08:03 PM
Ugh I could stand moving up for Andrew Luck, but Mallett and Locker scare the crap out of me. I've mentioned it in another thread but a Locker or Newton would be perfect if Mcnabb re-ups for another 3 years or so but damn if he leaves it really ruins what we are building here. We don't exactly have a team with young talent.

703SKINS202
10-27-2010, 09:33 PM
McNabb leaving would set the Skins back at least three years imo unless Shannahan can find another comparable QB in FA. Not sure who is eligible next year but doubt anyone as good as McNabb will be available.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-28-2010, 05:41 AM
How's LaRon Landry looking? I loved him coming out, and I know he hasn't lived up to it thus far (mainly since ST). But every time I've seen him and DeAngelo this year (another one of my favorites) they've been balling out.

DiG
10-28-2010, 09:36 AM
landry is a monster this year back at SS. this defensive scheme and coaching seems to be the perfect fit for him and is really letting him get the best out of his strengths. he still could use a better partner at FS but he's been dominating this year in his own right. as of now, i would be confident to say he is having as good a year as any safety in the nfl so far this year.

McBain
10-28-2010, 09:50 AM
Vegas has us as 2.5 underdogs. I know they're at home and getting their starting qb back... still kind of surprising.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-28-2010, 01:05 PM
Vegas has us as 2.5 underdogs. I know they're at home and getting their starting qb back... still kind of surprising.
Their offense is explosive even when they had Shaun Hill in there. They consistently score over 20 points a game. I fear if we get in a shoot out because honestly I don't know if we have the fire power to put up more than 24 points. Also if we can't get those turnovers or goalline stands we will be in trouble. Trust me I'd be devastated if we lost, but I think it's very possible and this game could go either way. We really need to run the ball well and control TOP. Hopefully we can contain Suh, and God help us in deep coverage against Megatron. I swear I will flip if I see Doughty covering Megatron at any point in the game. X factor could be Javhid Best if he's healthy. We give up the most receptions to running backs and he's a pretty dynamic receiving RB. I think we can limit him in the run game, but on those screens and dump offs I worry about guys like Lorenzo Alexander in space.

DiG
10-28-2010, 01:10 PM
X factor could be Javhid Best if he's healthy. We give up the most receptions to running backs and he's a pretty dynamic receiving RB. I think we can limit him in the run game, but on those screens and dump offs I worry about guys like Lorenzo Alexander in space.

Don't forget Forte was leading the league in RB reception yards going into last week. He ended up with 5 rec for 32 yards against us. All it takes is one big one to open things up though. A lot of this game will be scheming to hide our weaknesses because we dont necessarily match up too well against these high power offenses. Fortunately, I don't put Stafford even close to Peyton of Schaubs level.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-28-2010, 01:17 PM
No Staff isn't on their level in terms of reading defenses, and consistency in the intermediate passing game, but he's just as talented with his deep ball, and all he has to do is give Calvin a chance down the field and it could be a big play.

McBain
10-28-2010, 03:00 PM
Their offense is explosive even when they had Shaun Hill in there. They consistently score over 20 points a game. I fear if we get in a shoot out because honestly I don't know if we have the fire power to put up more than 24 points. Also if we can't get those turnovers or goalline stands we will be in trouble. Trust me I'd be devastated if we lost, but I think it's very possible and this game could go either way. We really need to run the ball well and control TOP. Hopefully we can contain Suh, and God help us in deep coverage against Megatron. I swear I will flip if I see Doughty covering Megatron at any point in the game. X factor could be Javhid Best if he's healthy. We give up the most receptions to running backs and he's a pretty dynamic receiving RB. I think we can limit him in the run game, but on those screens and dump offs I worry about guys like Lorenzo Alexander in space.

Yeah i know they have a good Offense and Suh could have a field day on our interior o-line... still, it's just not often you see a 1-5 vs 4-3 team as a favorite.

With this team would you take Blache's D or Haslett's?

SeanTaylorRIP
10-28-2010, 03:06 PM
Yeah i know they have a good Offense and Suh could have a field day on our interior o-line... still, it's just not often you see a 1-5 vs 4-3 team as a favorite.

With this team would you take Blache's D or Haslett's?

Definitely Haslett's because of the playmaking aspect. Don't forget Detroit basically beat Chicago if not for the whack Calvin Johnson call. Also they only lost by a field goal to the Eagles in Vick's breaktout game even though Shaun Hill was QB. The Green Bay game was another game they would have won had they had Staff.

McBain
10-28-2010, 07:15 PM
Definitely Haslett's because of the playmaking aspect. Don't forget Detroit basically beat Chicago if not for the whack Calvin Johnson call. Also they only lost by a field goal to the Eagles in Vick's breaktout game even though Shaun Hill was QB. The Green Bay game was another game they would have won had they had Staff.

Don't forget the redskins basically beat houston if not for a whack ass last second timeout. Also, we only lost by a field goal to the Peyton Mannings. :P

As for the lack of Stafford and all, i think you could say the same thing with our outright lack of Haynesworth... we went a couple games without him and when he is in he isn't exactly doing what he should be. My point is, every team faces some level of adversity, it's the teams with the discipline to adhere to the system that stay in ball games and have a chance to win it. Look at our team, it's really tattered, we have a weak interior line, no consistent receivers, linebackers and linemen that don't fit the system. Yet, we beat the Cowboys and the Packers - that's two teams with established systems and playmakers that we took down.

This team may not make the playoffs this year but, i think, shanny has the balls to cut the fat and really turn the land dragons into a contender next year.

2 Live Crew
10-30-2010, 06:27 PM
Megatron vs this secondary scares me.

I think its time for Mcnabb and the offense to really show up here. We've gone against elite pass rushers every game and we finally get a break here. If the OL gives Mcnabb some time he can have a breakout game I feel like...you know he is going to have one of those games at some point this year.

McBain
10-31-2010, 12:49 PM
offense looks sooo ugly.

treyskins
10-31-2010, 04:18 PM
O Donovan!

Care to have that INT throw to Armstrong back?

Fell apart after that.
Were heading for another unlikely win in the fourth quarter.
O-line,coaching,q.b. o dear.

Solid effort from the D(despite calvin johnsons efforts) and props to brandon Banks(twice remember) and keiland Williams stepped up well.

Suh is as advertised.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-31-2010, 04:41 PM
I don't care who wants to defend him, fck Shanny. Worst of all is that he has job security so he could care less. Everything he's done since he's been here I've disagreed with. Shanny is as much of a bust big buck signing as Haynesworth is. Mcnabb is done in D.C. I'm sure Shanny doesn't want him back and I'm sure Donovan would rather go to the Vikes, or Cards, or somewhere that he doesn't have 5 Alex Barron's in front of him. So lets see going into the offseason we need a starting QB, a starting RB, maybe a starting FB, a starting WR, a starting LG, a starting C, a starting RG, a starting NT, a starting 34 DE, a starting OLB opposite of Orakpo, and a starting FS. It will be pretty easy to fill those holes with out plethora of draft picks and cap room.

703SKINS202
10-31-2010, 04:52 PM
Kyle Shannahan sucks dick too. **** this orginization. Hilarious that we wont even be able to resign McNabb, Eagles pwned us.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-31-2010, 04:53 PM
Of course you can never criticize Kyle's playcalling because he has Daddy's protection.

McBain
10-31-2010, 08:44 PM
it's really unfortunate that the situational benching of McNabb is completely over shadowing the horrific play of our offensive line.

I don't care who wants to defend him, fck Shanny. Worst of all is that he has job security so he could care less. Everything he's done since he's been here I've disagreed with. Shanny is as much of a bust big buck signing as Haynesworth is. Mcnabb is done in D.C. I'm sure Shanny doesn't want him back and I'm sure Donovan would rather go to the Vikes, or Cards, or somewhere that he doesn't have 5 Alex Barron's in front of him. So lets see going into the offseason we need a starting QB, a starting RB, maybe a starting FB, a starting WR, a starting LG, a starting C, a starting RG, a starting NT, a starting 34 DE, a starting OLB opposite of Orakpo, and a starting FS. It will be pretty easy to fill those holes with out plethora of draft picks and cap room.

lol. What is this? It reads like a drunken facebook post to an ex lover.

Of course you can never criticize Kyle's playcalling because he has Daddy's protection.

Gameplan may well have kicked ass... i don't think it ever had the chance to get on track. Suh and co completely sonned our interior ol.

703SKINS202
10-31-2010, 08:55 PM
[quote=McBain;2359987
Gameplan may well have kicked ass... i don't think it ever had the chance to get on track. Suh and co completely sonned our interior ol.[/quote]
It's called making adjustments which we didn't do.

McBain
10-31-2010, 09:18 PM
It's called making adjustments which we didn't do.

Adjustments and gameplan are some of the most abused cliche's by fans IMO.

Tactically we were so overmatched at the point of attack, I don't think a shift to strategy would have made any difference.

Just out of curiosity what would you have adjusted to the strategy?

703SKINS202
10-31-2010, 09:26 PM
Certainly would have adjusted some things we were doing on the line and brought more protection in for McNabb. Don't know why you think the gameplan may have kicked ass, obviously it didn't.

McBain
10-31-2010, 09:37 PM
Certainly would have adjusted some things we were doing on the line and brought more protection in for McNabb. Don't know why you think the gameplan may have kicked ass, obviously it didn't.

Ball control/max protect - Joe Gibbs 2.0 style?

I think it's fair to say a good game plan takes into account what you're facing and what you have whilst maximizing you're strengths and minimizing weakness. Fair definition?

My argument is simple... i feel our interior offensive line was so abysmal it precluded us from executing the basic tenets of playing football. We couldn't run the ball and the QB had no pocket.

2 Live Crew
11-01-2010, 01:24 PM
All that really matters is that this interior OL (plus Heyer) blows...Theres really not much you can do when you can't block anyone.

Mcnabb is still a better QB than Campbell, but this is why some of us Skins fans were saying that no QB could do well behind this abomination.

This is what years of neglecting your OL looks like.

703SKINS202
11-01-2010, 03:27 PM
This is what years of neglecting the draft looks like. We should not trade away any draft picks for players for the next 5 years but that wont happen. Snyder always thinks we're a piece away and it kills us.

treyskins
11-01-2010, 04:46 PM
As i said in some earlier comments this was a brutal stretch of games for us and to be 4-4 is better than i thought they would be.

I think shanny and haslett are doing ok(not great but not bad either),mcnabb is struggling with this system and staying healthy.
However,i expect he'll be ready to go for the mondaynighter but then we face 3 good running teams so its back to being brutal unless the vikes impode.

Kyle's running game i'm not sure is going to work well for us-looking for lighter ,athletic guards can mean getting bullied at the line.
Checkout his o-line when he was at the texans,never an elite unit and always injuries(see chester pitts/briesel) never a good bunch of run blockers even when alex gibbs was brought in to advise.

McBain
11-02-2010, 10:50 AM
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/sports/nfl/101102-jamarcus-russell-washington-redskins

Apparently JaMarcus Russel was brought in for a meeting.

INB4 Ghetto's head explodes

McBain
11-14-2010, 01:42 AM
http://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/3195524706476033

Reports are surfacing that the skins are in talks with McNabb about a contract extension. I would welcome this as it would stop some of the non-sense surrounding our team as of late.

EDIT

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/statuses/3846272192618496

Schefter's reporting they're discussing a four year extension.

2 Live Crew
11-15-2010, 03:37 PM
Well, here we go...what do you guys think of the Mcnabb extension?

Glad he extended but 5 yrs is too much, I was hoping for about 3 yrs. But whatever, I'm used to Snyder's craziness at this point.

Just gotta focus on getting a freaking O-line to protect him. I still believe Mcnabb is a top QB if given a bit of time and some decent WRs to work with. None of which we can do for him this year but hopefully Shanny/Allen can change that in the next few years.

Also, if we don't beef up his line, theres no way he's staying healthy enough to finish that contract out.

Hopefully he comes out and plays his a** off for this MNF game at least...

Canadian_draft_fan
11-15-2010, 03:45 PM
Well, here we go...what do you guys think of the Mcnabb extension?

Glad he extended but 5 yrs is too much, I was hoping for about 3 yrs. But whatever, I'm used to Snyder's craziness at this point.

Just gotta focus on getting a freaking O-line to protect him. I still believe Mcnabb is a top QB if given a bit of time and some decent WRs to work with. None of which we can do for him this year but hopefully Shanny/Allen can change that in the next few years.

Also, if we don't beef up his line, theres no way he's staying healthy enough to finish that contract out.

Hopefully he comes out and plays his a** off for this MNF game at least...
Agree on all points - Oline & WR this offseason have to be priorities.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-15-2010, 03:58 PM
Really hope we use our first rounder on a wideout as Shanny can probably find interior lineman that fit his scheme mid round. Also need a NT, another rush backer, and a FS with range. With our pick obviously guys like AJ Green, Patrick Peterson, Andrew Luck, etc, are out of our range, but if we have a pick in the 8-15 range my targets would be Nick Fairley, Julio Jones, Jon Baldwin, and Allen Bailey, oh and I have a soft spot for Cam Newton especially now that we know Mcnabb is back.

DiG
11-15-2010, 04:09 PM
i disagree about a 1st rd wr unless is aj green. the last few years has proved that those second tier wrs always fall into the 2nd and later rounds. guys like aj green are obviously exceptions to the rule like ajohnson, fitz, etc. i just dont see julio, baldwin, or floyd being good enough to warrant a first round pick. they all have their concerns imo. id rather have a stud oline or dlineman with that pick. and yea i have a soft spot for cam newton too.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-15-2010, 04:36 PM
There isn't an interior lineman worth a top 15 pick so I'd definitely rule out first round O-line. Shanny just won't take an O-lineman in the first unless it's a franchise OT like Clady but we already have Trent Williams. As far as "2nd tier WR's" in recent drafts the 2nd tier wideouts taken in recent years have been guys like Demaryius Thomas, Jeremy Maclin, Percy Harvin, Hakeem Nicks, Kenny Britt, Dwayne Bowe, Robert Meachem, etc all who have good track records. I wouldn't hold much water to the 08 draft because in general it was just a bad WR draft class. While he hasn't displayed the most consistency I absolutely see star potential in Julio Jones. There is no one on our team we've had the past 10 years with the kind of size and strength of Julio Jones. Same can be said about Balwdin and Floyd. Also add Blackmon to the mix who I am extremely high on and have right behind Julio as my #2 wideout.

703SKINS202
11-15-2010, 04:39 PM
I think WR is a fine option if we pick between 9-20. Green will be out of reach but Julio Jones or a guy I'm in love with Blackmon would all be fine choices given the talent of o-line in the first round, nobody is high enough on my board on the interior line. Would be ok with taking a d-lineman too though like Bailey or Heyward.

As far as McNabb I'm glad he resigned, I'd rather roll with a above average veteran who has shown he can be great when given the weapons. Think we overpaid for him and these deals usually don't end well (always actually) but at least we have secured the most important position for the next 3 years. We'll have to draft someone to groom soon in 2012 or 13.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-15-2010, 04:48 PM
I would have wished the guaranteed money would have been more in the 18-22 mil range instead of 40, but yeah I'm glad to have Mcnabb back. I won't get caught in numbers. I wanted him resigned so I can look past the absurd #'s and chalk it up as typical Snyder. My only worry is Shanny's rash decision making. Imagine how disasterous this will be if he and Shanny have another big clash even before the season is done.

703SKINS202
11-15-2010, 04:53 PM
I would have wished the guaranteed money would have been more in the 18-22 mil range instead of 40, but yeah I'm glad to have Mcnabb back. I won't get caught in numbers. I wanted him resigned so I can look past the absurd #'s and chalk it up as typical Snyder. My only worry is Shanny's rash decision making. Imagine how disasterous this will be if he and Shanny have another big clash even before the season is done.
Yea that was why I was so shocked when they first announced the deal. Hopefully these two had a heart to heart and now are working towards the same goal which is bringing us a SB. It does scare me though especially with the relationship being fractured so early on.

critesy
11-15-2010, 04:56 PM
Really hope we use our first rounder on a wideout as Shanny can probably find interior lineman that fit his scheme mid round. Also need a NT, another rush backer, and a FS with range. With our pick obviously guys like AJ Green, Patrick Peterson, Andrew Luck, etc, are out of our range, but if we have a pick in the 8-15 range my targets would be Nick Fairley, Julio Jones, Jon Baldwin, and Allen Bailey, oh and I have a soft spot for Cam Newton especially now that we know Mcnabb is back.

this and this. how about fairley this year, and i convince cam to stay at auburn for his senior season. them we take him in the first next year. this way im happy for my college team for one more year and the skins can keep taking my favourite players.

edit, also some later round interior guys to check out are byron isom (6-3 306) and mike berry (6-3 315) of auburn. very big and athletic guards. both seniors, they are great at pulling and getting downfield. auburn also runs the hurry up, quick pace offense. huge part to why newton (1297 6.3avg), dyer (859 6.3 avg), fannin (367 6.7avg) and omac (683 8.8avg) are having huge years.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-15-2010, 04:58 PM
hah I think it's more likely Fairley stays than Cam. Way too much Heat regardless of the outcome of the investigation. Fairley has kind of been what Clayborne was supposed to be this year.

critesy
11-15-2010, 05:06 PM
i already know for a fact that fairley is leaving though haha. honestly though if all these allegations blow over and the ncaa comes and says he's clean (which i can see happening actually, so much bs out there with no proof just he said she said) i would not be surprised to see him stay.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-15-2010, 05:10 PM
Even if it blows over if he wins the Heisman or even just being a finalist and Auburn plays in the title game that's a hell of a lot of pressure to live up to. History hasn't been nice to guys with those kind of accomplishments returning to school. Sure he can prove himself more as a passer as teams will key in more on him and Dyer in the ground game but it's too risky if you ask me.

treyskins
11-15-2010, 05:21 PM
Shows you dont get paid by performance at the Redskins.

Still if McNabb plays for more than a couple of years and doesnt decline TOO much it will be worth it.

Im still on board the draft o-line in 2011.

Slim pickings but if Wisniewski and Pouncey aren't worth a first then look at Marcuc Cannon(T.C.U.) or even Derrick Sherrod(Miss. St) if he is there when we pick.
We need a lineman that can start straight away, not your usual Zone Blocker who is sub 300lbs.

DiG
11-15-2010, 10:25 PM
mcnabb is not the problem with this team. we clearly need 3 new offensinve lineman, a rb, at least 1-2 new wide receivers, a fs, a cb, another pass rusher, and 1-2 dlineman. also a new d coordinator.

NotRickJames
11-15-2010, 11:38 PM
mcnabb is not the problem with this team. we clearly need 3 new offensinve lineman, a rb, at least 1-2 new wide receivers, a fs, a cb, another pass rusher, and 1-2 dlineman. also a new d coordinator.

I agree with you on most of this.

The offensive line needs a major revamp. Rabach is washed up and horrible, Lichtensteiger and Dockery aren't getting it done, Artis Hicks has no business starting nor does Heyer.

At the receiving positions, help is needed. Moss and Cooley are good targets, though Santana does seem to 'disappear' at times in a game. I love what Armstrong brings as a deep threat, but he's strictly that. Galloway, god bless him, isn't roster material anymore. Help is needed at receiver.....I'd promote Terrence Austin and give him some reps. Cut ties with Joey. Address the position in the off-season.

I think you're okay at running back. Torain is good, you just need a speedy change of pace back.

It's hard to say this after a loss like that, but I'd give Haslett more time. Give him time to get 3-4 personnel in. Defenses are built over a period of time. Guys like Andre Carter don't do well in the 3-4, Haslett needs time to get the personnel he needs. I do agree though - switching to the 3-4 was a tragic mistake in the first place when you've got a guy like Haynesworth.

703SKINS202
11-16-2010, 03:16 PM
Most embarrassing game I've ever seen. Didn't make it any better that the bar was full of skins and eagles fans. Such a long night.

treyskins
11-16-2010, 04:17 PM
The most disturbing thing i find is that most redskin fans have accepted the historically bad defeat.
This is what 20 years of failure has got us,there is no fight left in the team OR us.

Am used to the giants hammering us and it wasnt too long ago when all the cowboys had to do to win was show up.Now the iggles are joining in.
The redskins need to follow the cardinals out of the nfc east and into the safer west.
Should be banned from monday nighters for a few years until the team can compete.

TitanHope
11-21-2010, 03:41 PM
Good game guys!

Good luck for the rest of the season. Hopefully the Titans can find a way to stop the bleeding (at the QB position...WHAT THA HELL RUSTY?! WHY?!?! WHYYYYYYYYYY?!?!).

SeanTaylorRIP
11-21-2010, 07:02 PM
Good game guys!

Good luck for the rest of the season. Hopefully the Titans can find a way to stop the bleeding (at the QB position...WHAT THA HELL RUSTY?! WHY?!?! WHYYYYYYYYYY?!?!).

Rusty Smith at QB isn't something I'd even wish upon the Cowboys.

McBain
11-22-2010, 12:58 AM
Montgomery looked good today. No more rabach, plz.

DiG
11-22-2010, 08:25 AM
Montgomery definitely looked good compared to what we are used to seeing in rabach. It makes sense considering Montgomery was a center at VTech. Heyer actually played better at guard and I thought Buchanon played well too.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-22-2010, 12:05 PM
Deangelo Hall has been garbage since his INT day. He's constantly out of position, doesn't have good recovery speed, and he lets himself get blocked. The second a wideout puts their hands on him he'll lock on just to avoid having to make the tackle. Desean Jackson should never lock you down on the outside for an entire play.

DiG
11-23-2010, 11:34 AM
James Davis activated from the practice squad for this weekends game.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-23-2010, 12:35 PM
James Davis activated from the practice squad for this weekends game.

What's the status on Portis, Torain, and Key?

DiG
11-23-2010, 12:49 PM
What's the status on Portis, Torain, and Key?

Portis had an MRI that came out clean. He apparently still has a significant amount of swelling but the word right now is he might be available this weekend on a limited basis. Torain most likely will not play again this weekend. In Shanahans presser he said it was a "long shot" that Torrain would be ready to go week 12. Keiland Williams will get the start with Davis and potentially Portis spelling carries.

Also, Landry looks to be doubtful again against the Vikings and Shanahan said today the team is looking to add a safety in FA.

2 Live Crew
11-23-2010, 01:05 PM
I'd like to see me some James Davis.

And of course the Vikings fire Chilly when we play them next. You know they are going to have a "Jason Garret" game and come out all fired up to whoop up on some skinnies.

Also, hope they keep that OL combination from last game together again.

DiG
11-23-2010, 03:33 PM
Skins signed Macho Harris. I am a fan. Could be a good backup for Landry going forward at SS and hopefully fill in till Landrys back.

Canadian_draft_fan
11-27-2010, 05:47 PM
Well, the Skins finally cut Galloway today:
http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Redskins_Sign_Austin__Release_Galloway_174130.jsp
About bloody time!! Straight to the Shady Oaks Retirement Home for Joey.

703SKINS202
11-27-2010, 06:22 PM
Well, the Skins finally cut Galloway today:
http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Redskins_Sign_Austin__Release_Galloway_174130.jsp
About bloody time!! Straight to the Shady Oaks Retirement Home for Joey.
Thank god and they promoted Austin in his place. Good to see he will get a shot.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-28-2010, 03:03 PM
God our skill position players are the worst I've ever seen. No one can get separation or make simple catches. I know we have so many needs but we should go RB/WR first and second round.

Mark Ingram and Torrey Smith sounds great to me.

treyskins
11-28-2010, 03:35 PM
NO NO NO-We need to take care of the interior of the O-Line!

Plus the D-Line needs some players drafted.

Keep McNabb clean and upright.

Perry Riley not a smart football player,you'll all remember Banks' touchdown getting called back but this was Rileys SECOND illegal block penalty in the game.
Favre could probably beat us in his sleep,i dont think he has ever lost to the skins?
Didnt need Peterson much did they?

SeanTaylorRIP
11-28-2010, 03:37 PM
Interior line is not typically a day 1 pick. Plus considering we have zero depth everywhere besides TE, BPA has to be the pick on day 1.

Canadian_draft_fan
11-28-2010, 04:05 PM
Interior line is not typically a day 1 pick. Plus considering we have zero depth everywhere besides TE, BPA has to be the pick on day 1.
Maybe not but the interior OLine is so bad it needs to be addressed day 1. All three starting interior Olinemen suck. I would be in favour of WR & OG as our 1st 2 picks.

McBain
11-29-2010, 08:15 AM
McNabb - mediocre
Perry Riley - WTF man... twice, really?
WR way to many drops...
no real playmakers on offense.
Brandon Banks is awesome.

DiG
11-29-2010, 10:10 AM
brandon banks is too legit to quit.

but yea, mcnabb clearly isnt the problem in DC. there are no playmakers on this offense but i do think addressing FS and Dline might be better first round options still unless we can snag AJ Green, which I do think we might be still in the running. moss obviously is not a #1 wr, armstrong has upside and makes some plays but again isnt a reliable consistent starter and our running back situation is in shambles.

McBain
11-29-2010, 10:24 AM
brandon banks is too legit to quit.

but yea, mcnabb clearly isnt the problem in DC. there are no playmakers on this offense but i do think addressing FS and Dline might be better first round options still unless we can snag AJ Green, which I do think we might be still in the running. moss obviously is not a #1 wr, armstrong has upside and makes some plays but again isnt a reliable consistent starter and our running back situation is in shambles.

McNabb is okay, he loses focus to often and has some problems with accuracy but he's far and away better than cambell... he falls more than any qb in history (funnydanny helped me realize this.) He's looking better though.

AJ Green would be sick... seems unlikely though. I would vote for more 3-4 personnel in lieu of Green.

I think RB is okay... it's definitely not a strength but i don't think having a good rb would transform our interior offensive line.

SeanTaylorRIP
11-29-2010, 12:26 PM
Most of the time though when he falls is because Rabach steps on his foot getting blasted off the snap.

2 Live Crew
11-29-2010, 12:51 PM
Mcnabb is fine. This team can't catch, get open, or block for the run or pass.

No matter what you draft first, there will be holes left unfilled...the roster is just terrible and old. Take the best player you can.

Actually have to give some props to Shanny/Allen for some of the young guys they have gotten off the scrap heap (Banks, Torain, K Williams, Armstrong, Austin)

Oh yea, and Perry Riley is an idiot.

treyskins
12-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Ugly.

Few positives; james davis/armstrong and the interior of the o-line(montgomery is looking good).
Heyor was, well his usual effort.

Mcnabb,they finally give you some decent protection and you serve up that?

Lines,Lines,Lines.

SeanTaylorRIP
12-05-2010, 04:24 PM
What's up with Cooley. Rather see Fred Davis in there. Cooley simply gives zero effort.

DiG
12-06-2010, 10:50 AM
fred davis did have a nasty drop too but he has huge upside/potential as a pass catcher. i think RT is going to be a bigger need this offseason than we thought. jbrowns good when healthy but obviously cant stay healthy and i am starting to think wont be resigned. there simply isnt enough talent on this team to be competitive every week and fans have to realize this is going to be a 2-3 year building process on both offense and defense. id love to build from the trenches but well see what happens.

2 Live Crew
12-06-2010, 11:31 AM
When will this team ever admit they have utterly failed in the past 10+ years to build a half decent roster and blow it up and properly rebuild through the draft?

Is that too much to ask?

Canadian_draft_fan
12-06-2010, 10:30 PM
When will this team ever admit they have utterly failed in the past 10+ years to build a half decent roster and blow it up and properly rebuild through the draft?

Is that too much to ask?I agree with you but there are too many egos involved, Shanny & Danny, to go that route.

SeanTaylorRIP
12-06-2010, 10:35 PM
Yup Shanny isn't here to rebuild, major conflict of interest given we have the oldest and least young talented roster in the league.