PDA

View Full Version : Bly Staying Put; Broncos look to trade out of #21

Jimmy
03-17-2007, 08:19 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_5457658

The Broncos tried to get the #2 pick, but have given up.
They are now looking to move, up or down.
Personally, I think we need to move up and get a pass rusher, and hell, maybe even Landry
------------

The Bly ordeal

According to a Broncos source, Bly will not be traded and will play for the team in 2007. There will be doubts, though, until after the draft - when many deals are made - or Bly douses speculation about his preference to play closer to home with the Washington Redskins.

Reached Friday, Bly would not comment.

R.I.P DWILL DNASH
03-18-2007, 09:59 AM
I hope Bly stays.

MP123
03-18-2007, 12:38 PM
How come the Broncos were trying to get the #2 pick?

Diehard
03-19-2007, 01:03 PM
my hope is that last year and the DJ year are the new trend and that we'll move up a few picks and cherry pick a great talent.

If you're set on addressing a particular need, better to make a sacrifice and move up to get real talent rather than sit and reach for someone. Shanny should only stay at 21 if he is willing to pick for value even if it doesn't address one of the team's priorities.

I think moving down in the draft has to be a draft-day decision. If we get to 21 and don't like what we see, but some other team does, then work it from there. No point in giving up the opportunity to pick up someone who slides a little further than expected.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-27-2007, 06:07 PM
Skins want Bly, Bly wants Skins, Denver wants to move up to get a DE and Skins have 6th pick and Skins want to move down near the 21st pick, so why can't something be worked out?

Namy
03-27-2007, 06:31 PM
Skins want Bly, Bly wants Skins, Denver wants to move up to get a DE and Skins have 6th pick and Skins want to move down near the 21st pick, so why can't something be worked out?
IDk. If only you and I managed the front offices eh?