PDA

View Full Version : UNLV cornerback Eric Wright

Merlin
03-17-2007, 08:23 AM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/individual_workouts

UNLV cornerback Eric Wright has seen his stock rise since his exemplary workout March 7. On March 8, Kansas City head coach Herm Edwards flew into Las Vegas for a personal meeting with Wright. He will have another workout at 10 a.m. on March 23 at UNLV. Wright has scheduled meeting with the Buccaneers (April 16), Falcons (April 17) and Giants (April 18).

The workout was held outdoors on AstroTurf. Fifteen teams were represented, including Tampa Bay, which sent Raheem Morris, its new defensive backs coach.

Player Position Gil's comments

Eric Wright DB Wright (5-10 5/8, 192) stood on all the marks he posted during the Combine (40s in 4.36 and 4.37; short shuttle in 4.23; three-cone drill in 6.93; 36½-inch vertical jump; 10-foot-3 broad jump; 17 lifts). He did only drills on campus, and the scouts say he was absolutely fantastic. Wright did have off-field problems when he attended Southern California that prompted him to transfer to UNLV.

As Gil mentioned, a USC transfer that transferred to UNLV because of possible disciplinary issues stemming from drug and rape allegations. I haven't heard a peep about him since though?
I hope we have a very long chat with him, I'm not into poor character atheletes myself.

3rd rd maybe?

etk
03-17-2007, 09:42 AM
There's always a run on cornerbacks in the 2nd every year, so I don't expect him to slide past that range. Teams typically tend to reach on the CBs with fast 40s, and he has skills to go with it so we probably won't get the chance to draft him.

Merlin
03-17-2007, 01:39 PM
There's always a run on cornerbacks in the 2nd every year, so I don't expect him to slide past that range. Teams typically tend to reach on the CBs with fast 40s, and he has skills to go with it so we probably won't get the chance to draft him.Would you be happy if we did though?
Is CB a glaring need?

I'd be happy to leave this one to the staff?

Caddy
03-17-2007, 03:20 PM
Would you be happy if we did though?
Is CB a glaring need?

I'd be happy to leave this one to the staff?

Whilst CB is not a glaring need now, it will be in a few years. So depending on how long the coaching staff thinks it will take to develop a CB will decide if we draft one.

Bucsfan
03-17-2007, 04:21 PM
whats going on with Zemaitis?

I mean with Buchanon staying, Kelly probably staying and we still have Barber, there isnt a immediate need at CB, more likely to see safeties drafted