PDA

View Full Version : 2011 #1 Overall Pick

The Legend
05-23-2010, 02:01 PM
Who do you think will have it?

prock
05-23-2010, 02:03 PM
I think the Bills will pick number 1 and select Jake Locker.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
05-23-2010, 02:03 PM
Buffalo Bills

/thread

Mr.Regular
05-23-2010, 02:10 PM
Bills have no QB, no OLine, and a defense that wasn't even good to begin with in transition. They're my current fave to take it.

TACKLE
05-23-2010, 02:15 PM
It's going to be the Bills. Shaky QB situation + Bad O-Line + Bad Run D is always a recipe to have the 1st pick.

BlueBandit24
05-23-2010, 02:37 PM
Another vote for the Bills. They're short on talent and are overhauling their defensive scheme. I could see a real ugly year, especially early.

ToldLikeItIs
05-23-2010, 02:50 PM
I'm going to go ahead and give the Jaguars the first pick.

wonderbredd24
05-23-2010, 02:59 PM
Here's hoping that Ryan Mallett has the season of his life and convinces the Bills to take him so the Browns can get Locker.

JFLO
05-23-2010, 03:00 PM
I think the favorite has to be the Bills, but they always tend to win more games than expected, especially at home. Plus, the favorite to have the #1 pick after the draft usually doesn't end up with it.

I think Jacksonville is a bit better than people are giving them credit for as well as the Buccaneers now that they have given Josh Freeman some help.

I think the Rams will get the #1 pick again and end up with Robert Quinn.

wonderbredd24
05-23-2010, 03:04 PM
I think the favorite has to be the Bills, but they always tend to win more games than expected, especially at home. Plus, the favorite to have the #1 pick after the draft usually doesn't end up with it.

I think Jacksonville is a bit better than people are giving them credit for as well as the Buccaneers now that they have given Josh Freeman some help.

I think the Rams will get the #1 pick again and end up with Robert Quinn.

If the Rams pick #1, I don't see how they can realistically take another defensive end. They already have a mint on Chris Long. Would they really be willing to give about $50 million guaranteed to Quinn too? Suh/McCoy made way more sense giving that much money to a guy in the middle.

And if St. Louis is that bad, I'd be pissed if I was a Rams fan. You got stuck with Sam Bradford, could have taken Suh/McCoy and gotten Clausen in the 2nd round or apparently just waited a year and taken a far better QB prospect in Jake Locker.

As it is, if the Rams are picking this high, I think they have to pick AJ Green.

SuperMcGee
05-23-2010, 03:04 PM
It's going to be the Bills. Shaky QB situation + Bad O-Line + Bad Run D is always a recipe to have the 1st pick.

Or the 9th pick.

I'm trying to not comment too much on the Bills' chances because our front seven could be just godawful this year for all I know (even if that wouldn't be so much of a change). But I don't really see our offense being worse than last year, even if the receivers are worse on paper.

I know, some team has to be picking first and we're a prime candidate. I get that, I don't disagree with that. But after all these years of picking in the 8-12 range with similarly bad talent, picturing the type of 2-win season people are expecting isn't easy for me.

JFLO
05-23-2010, 03:10 PM
If the Rams pick #1, I don't see how they can realistically take another defensive end. They already have a mint on Chris Long. Would they really be willing to give about $50 million guaranteed to Quinn too? Suh/McCoy made way more sense giving that much money to a guy in the middle.

And if St. Louis is that bad, I'd be pissed if I was a Rams fan. You got stuck with Sam Bradford, could have taken Suh/McCoy and gotten Clausen in the 2nd round or apparently just waited a year and taken a far better QB prospect in Jake Locker.

As it is, if the Rams are picking this high, I think they have to pick AJ Green.

Whose to say Chris Long is going to develop properly this season? Besides, I don't think Aydejenu or whatever is starting matieral and they'll have to wait and see if Hall Davis or George Selvie will come through to be that kind of player, which I doubt happens.

Don't get me wrong, A.J. Green or Marcel Dareus are options as well, but Quinn is just the better player.

prock
05-23-2010, 03:24 PM
If the Rams pick number 1, I think they gotta go with Green, as of now. But I don't think they will. I think they will win 3 or 4 games.

Rosebud
05-23-2010, 03:44 PM
Here's hoping that Ryan Mallett has the season of his life and convinces the Bills to take him so the Browns can get Locker.

Since I can't see Ralph firing Gailey after one year I can't see anything Mallett can do unless Locker falls apart. Locker is just the perfect QB for that spread that Gailey's going to be running.

cvv84
05-23-2010, 03:52 PM
Give me the Bucs. Young and raw on the offensive skilled positions and rebuilding their aging defense. Brutal schedule too.

CJSchneider
05-23-2010, 03:54 PM
I'll also go with the Bills.

Paranoidmoonduck
05-23-2010, 03:55 PM
It's the obvious choice. Bills/Locker.

bearsfan_51
05-23-2010, 03:58 PM
Tampa sucks. I say them.

McCoy and Price will help their D eventually, but probably not much as rookies.

TheRoo
05-23-2010, 04:37 PM
Can someone explain the Locker obsession to me?

1. Not exceptionally accurate.
2. Doesn't have a cannon.
3. Is a pretty good athlete.

It seems to me that many people are assuming that he's gonna come out and set the world on fire. I'll believe it when I see it.

bearsfan_51
05-23-2010, 04:42 PM
I'm definitely a much bigger fan of Mallett, personally.

wonderbredd24
05-23-2010, 04:46 PM

It seems to me that many people are assuming that he's gonna come out and set the world on fire. I'll believe it when I see it.

He does have a cannon... he throws it 50 or 60 yards and it looks easy for him. His arm strength is more impressive on the run though... check out the last drive against USC. Those are the throws that have me obsessed with him.

He's pretty accurate, but he should only continue getting better... he isn't surrounded by much in the way of talent, so he has to make the most of what he has.

As far as his athleticism... he is incredibly gifted. I don't care about his 40 time, but people don't catch him from behind and he's very quick to accelerate so he can escape danger and get some yards easily.

The proof is in the pudding with Locker... check out Aloysius's videos of Locker. It's all there. The good and the bad from a couple games.

But I am definitely obsessed with Locker and would be happy to trade the Cleveland Indians for him. And if LeBron leaves, I'll give the Cavs up for AJ Green

Paranoidmoonduck
05-23-2010, 04:47 PM

1. Compared to who? He's less accurate than Sam Bradford to be sure, but he's actually pretty good at delivering catchable balls all over the field. His deep accuracy is really good.

2. Again, compared to who? He doesn't dart the ball like Mallett, but his short and midrange velocity is well above average. He has about the same arm strength that Roethlisberger or McNabb had coming out.

3. He's a great athlete for a quarterback.

People like Locker because he was incredibly productive considering his supporting cast last year. He was a very good leader and beat some teams that Washington would have gotten crushed by otherwise. If you can, try and find some film of him beating California late last year and you'll see what everyone is talking about.

Who do you like at quarterback?

Me Likey Rookies
05-23-2010, 04:57 PM
Tampa sucks. I say them.

McCoy and Price will help their D eventually, but probably not much as rookies.

After Freeman took over and Raheem started calling the D, the Bucs were in every game except for vs. NO and vs. NYJ. They beat GB and beat SEA and NO on the road.

They have exciting, unproven talent at QB, WR, DT and good, proven talent at OL, TE, LB, CB, and FS. That is a lot better than many teams.

And cvv84, the schedule is not brutal, it is actually very favorable and the Bucs defense hasn't been aging since last season.

Sniper
05-23-2010, 04:59 PM
Mallett is the sex. It's bittersweet to see him do so well at Arkansas, but if he can improve his accuracy in the short and intermediate game, he could easily be the top pick to Buffalo.

bearsfan_51
05-23-2010, 05:03 PM
After Freeman took over and Raheem started calling the D, the Bucs were in every game except for vs. NO and vs. NYJ. They beat GB and beat SEA and NO on the road.

They have exciting, unproven talent at QB, WR, DT and good, proven talent at OL, TE, LB, CB, and FS. That is a lot better than many teams.
They can't run the ball and they can't stop the run. Until they do those things, they will suck.

Sveen
05-23-2010, 05:09 PM
Just throwing it out there. How about the Browns?

With the 1st overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft the Cleveland Browns select Jake Locker, QB, Washington.

Doesn't sound so unrealistic does it?

Thumper
05-23-2010, 05:14 PM
I think the Bills, Browns and Rams all have good shots at the #1 pick

If the Bills get it, it is without a doubt Jake Locker, unless Andrew Luck comes out.
If the Browns get it, it has to be Locker unless Luck comes out.
If the Rams get it, it'll be either AJ Green or Robert Quinn, I'd bet on Robert Quinn.

wonderbredd24
05-23-2010, 05:16 PM
Just throwing it out there. How about the Browns?

With the 1st overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft the Cleveland Browns select Jake Locker, QB, Washington.

Doesn't sound so unrealistic does it?
Unrealistic? No. The Browns schedule is pretty brutal... they could start out 2-0 and then easily go 2-12 over the next 14.

And if that's what it takes for us to get Locker, so be it.

wonderbredd24
05-23-2010, 05:19 PM
I think the Bills, Browns and Rams all have good shots at the #1 pick

If the Bills get it, it is without a doubt Jake Locker, unless Andrew Luck comes out.
If the Browns get it, it has to be Locker unless Luck comes out.
If the Rams get it, it'll be either AJ Green or Robert Quinn, I'd bet on Robert Quinn.

the prospect of taking a redshirt sophomore quarterback over a senior Jake Locker is so proposterously stupid that the Browns should fold immediately upon making the selection.

Me Likey Rookies
05-23-2010, 05:20 PM
They can't run the ball and they can't stop the run. Until they do those things, they will suck.

Maybe thats why they took 2 DTs to replace Chris Hovan and Ryan Sims (the worst starting DT duo last year). And why they took 2 WRs to replace Michael Clayton and Maurice Stovall (ugh i wanna throw up) to help Freeman and open up the running game.

They are only rookies but 10 times better than what was originally there last season.

Thumper
05-23-2010, 05:33 PM
the prospect of taking a redshirt sophomore quarterback over a senior Jake Locker is so proposterously stupid that the Browns should fold immediately upon making the selection.

Except for the fact that Andrew Luck is a complete beast, he has the arm strength, the accuracy, the mechanics, the footwork, the touch, the intelligence, the intangibles, he plays in an NFL offense, has fantastic coaching, is able to move in the pocket and on boot legs, his mobility is similar to that of Jay Cutler, he already manipulates defenses and he goes through progressions. Luck is the next great QB, Locker is right behind him though, both of them are far and away better than Bradford IMO but right now I've got Andrew Luck at #1.

wonderbredd24
05-23-2010, 05:37 PM
Except for the fact that Andrew Luck is a complete beast, he has the arm strength, the accuracy, the mechanics, the footwork, the touch, the intelligence, the intangibles, he plays in an NFL offense, has fantastic coaching, is able to move in the pocket and on boot legs, his mobility is similar to that of Jay Cutler, he already manipulates defenses and he goes through progressions. Luck is the next great QB, Locker is right behind him though, both of them are far and away better than Bradford IMO but right now I've got Andrew Luck at #1.
How many sophomore quarterbacks have been successful with the NFL team that drafted them?

RealityCheck
05-23-2010, 05:38 PM
St. Louis will select A.J. Green or Robert Quinn.

Thumper
05-23-2010, 05:41 PM
How many sophomore quarterbacks have been successful with the NFL team that drafted them?

The only one that immeadiately jumps to mind is Michael Vick and I'm pretty sure he is the only one and he was a fairly successful football player, the thing that held him back was his attitude, not the fact that he was young. Plus even if there are more, I'd be willing to bet that none of them are as good as Andrew Luck.

I don't think Luck comes out but if he does he is the best QB in the class.

bearsfan_51
05-23-2010, 05:42 PM
Maybe thats why they took 2 DTs to replace Chris Hovan and Ryan Sims (the worst starting DT duo last year). And why they took 2 WRs to replace Michael Clayton and Maurice Stovall (ugh i wanna throw up) to help Freeman and open up the running game.

They are only rookies but 10 times better than what was originally there last season.
Rookie defensive tackles rarely do well in their rookie seasons. They were good picks, but it's a bit silly to assume a bunch of rookies are going to make a big difference their first year.

It may not be the Bucs. I could just as easily see the Browns, Chiefs, Bills, or Rams. Right now, I say the Bucs.

wonderbredd24
05-23-2010, 05:49 PM
The only one that immeadiately jumps to mind is Michael Vick and I'm pretty sure he is the only one and he was a fairly successful football player, the thing that held him back was his attitude, not the fact that he was young. Plus even if there are more, I'd be willing to bet that none of them are as good as Andrew Luck.

I don't think Luck comes out but if he does he is the best QB in the class.

1. Michael Vick was a ****** quarterback. Great athlete, but he was and still is a ****** quarterback with a huge arm and little to no accuracy and the quarterback IQ of a chair.

2. If you go ahead and define Michael Vick as successful, that's the only one. So if a team takes Andrew Luck #1 overall in 2011, they are going against every bit of conventional draft wisdom in hopes that Luck proves everyone else wrong with the #1 overall pick. Meanwhile, Jake Locker will be a senior and playing his 3rd season as Washington's starting QB complete with marquee wins, plays, and production on the field in addition to having a great set of physical and mental tools while also benefiting from a great QB coach in Steve Sarkisian.

3. Here's what we know about Andrew Luck so far. He has thrown 13 TDs so far and completed 56.3% of his passes while having a 1-3 record in games where he threw more than 23 passes. He has a nice set of tools and will likely be a productive QB for Stanford this year, but every single thing about him thus far is hype driven by Todd McShay.

I agree that Luck probably won't declare this coming season, but he's not the #1 quarterback because he will only be a SOPHOMORE and even he were to lead Stanford to an undefeated season, a national championship, and the heisman, he will still be a sophomore trying to buck a very bad trend.

Mr. Offseason
05-23-2010, 06:08 PM

I really like Luck as well, but you do realize that he has specifically mentioned that he needs to do a better job of going through his progressions, specifically at the top of his drop, don't you?

Again, he's a very good prospect but he needs to stay at least through his redshirt junior season before he should leave. He has things he can work on. But he has the size, the arm and the intangibles that you love to see. But he's not a better prospect than Locker at this point in my opinion.

cvv84
05-23-2010, 06:17 PM

And cvv84, the schedule is not brutal, it is actually very favorable and the Bucs defense hasn't been aging since last season.

Its your story.

prock
05-23-2010, 06:37 PM
Yes, Thumper, a sophomore quarterback from a pro-style offense will be selected over a senior quarterback from a pro-style offense. No chance. Mallet could go number 1, but Luck will not have a shot at number 1 if he comes out after this year.

Rosebud
05-23-2010, 06:38 PM
1. Michael Vick was a ****** quarterback. Great athlete, but he was and still is a ****** quarterback with a huge arm and little to no accuracy and the quarterback IQ of a chair.

2. If you go ahead and define Michael Vick as successful, that's the only one. So if a team takes Andrew Luck #1 overall in 2011, they are going against every bit of conventional draft wisdom in hopes that Luck proves everyone else wrong with the #1 overall pick. Meanwhile, Jake Locker will be a senior and playing his 3rd season as Washington's starting QB complete with marquee wins, plays, and production on the field in addition to having a great set of physical and mental tools while also benefiting from a great QB coach in Steve Sarkisian.

3. Here's what we know about Andrew Luck so far. He has thrown 13 TDs so far and completed 56.3% of his passes while having a 1-3 record in games where he threw more than 23 passes. He has a nice set of tools and will likely be a productive QB for Stanford this year, but every single thing about him thus far is hype driven by Todd McShay.

I agree that Luck probably won't declare this coming season, but he's not the #1 quarterback because he will only be a SOPHOMORE and even he were to lead Stanford to an undefeated season, a national championship, and the heisman, he will still be a sophomore trying to buck a very bad trend.

Luck would have more starts than the Sanchize...still wouldn't take him over Locker but he would be more experienced than the Sanchize was coming out.

wonderbredd24
05-23-2010, 07:13 PM
Luck would have more starts than the Sanchize...still wouldn't take him over Locker but he would be more experienced than the Sanchize was coming out.

I didn't like Sanchez either coming out... was thrilled the Browns traded down. He only had 16 starts at USC

JHasley10
05-23-2010, 07:19 PM
I think it will be the Bills selecting #1 overall .

They would select a QB #1 overall , if i had to guess it would be Jake Locker.

RealityCheck
05-23-2010, 07:28 PM
Guys, get it on your minds.

Andrew Luck hasn't really impressed me yet, unlike Locker, Mallett and even Ponder. Alright, he was Toby Gerhart's QB, I know. He might have beaten Oregon and USC, I know. But who cares anyway. He's too young, and still too raw. I wouldn't leave until 2013 if I were Luck, specially on this class, where you have Locker and Mallett destined to be Top 10 picks. If he declares, he'll be crying all over himself when he sees he's been picked in the 5th round. Yes, in the 5th round.

Let's see. This very same place, 1 year ago.
Jevan Snead was the subject. Jevan Snead this, Jevan Snead that, Jevan Snead Top 5 pick!!11!!!!OMG11!1!1.
Jevan Snead went undrafted.

Andrew Luck can't be dumb enough to declare this year. Fact.

TheRoo
05-23-2010, 07:30 PM
1. Compared to who? He's less accurate than Sam Bradford to be sure, but he's actually pretty good at delivering catchable balls all over the field. His deep accuracy is really good.

I didn't say he wasn't accurate, I just said he wasn't exceptionally accurate. 58% completion percentage isn't outstanding. Less than a 2:1 TD:Int ratio.

2. Again, compared to who? He doesn't dart the ball like Mallett, but his short and midrange velocity is well above average. He has about the same arm strength that Roethlisberger or McNabb had coming out.

He is not going to have one of the 5 strongest arms in the NFL.

3. He's a great athlete for a quarterback.

Yes he is.

People like Locker because he was incredibly productive considering his supporting cast last year. He was a very good leader and beat some teams that Washington would have gotten crushed by otherwise. If you can, try and find some film of him beating California late last year and you'll see what everyone is talking about.

He was not "incredibly" productive.

Who do you like at quarterback?

I really liked Bradford. I like Luck a lot as well. I think Locker could be decent, but I don't like him as number one overall.

just to reach 10 characters.

wonderbredd24
05-23-2010, 08:00 PM
Bradford over Locker? No way, no how

Paranoidmoonduck
05-23-2010, 08:29 PM
I'd take Locker over Bradford too, but it's decently close.

Honestly people, let's wait and see with Luck. He looked awesome about half the time at Stanford. The other half he looked like what he was, a 20-year old first year starter. He obviously can be really accurate, but he had the tendency to overthrow balls badly a lot of the time and made some really ill-advised throws (the interception that sealed the loss to Cal and that horrible pick against Wake Forest come to mind).

The dude's ceiling is massively high. In terms of pure passer potential I have him rated over Locker and Mallett. The difference is that if Locker and Mallet had come out last year they very well could have been top 10 picks. Luck would have been picked to pieces by in-depth tape review. Let's see how he progresses while admitting his potential is awesome. He's a really raw product right now.

TheRoo
05-23-2010, 08:32 PM
Bradford over Locker? No way, no how

First off, I am a big Browns fan as well. Season ticket holder. Glad to see other Browns fans here. I don't post often but I read this forum a lot.

Secondly, I believe there are 3 things a QB that are necessary to be successful in the NFL. Accurate, Smart, and a Leader. Bradford has all 3 of those.

I like Bradford a lot more than Locker. However, Locker has another season to improve.

I think the Browns will be better than people expect. I'd like to see us get a WR in round one next year.

RaiderNation
05-23-2010, 08:32 PM
With the 1st pick in the 2011 NFL draft, the Buffalo Bills select Jake Locker, QB, Washington

wonderbredd24
05-23-2010, 08:41 PM
First off, I am a big Browns fan as well. Season ticket holder. Glad to see other Browns fans here. I don't post often but I read this forum a lot.

Secondly, I believe there are 3 things a QB that are necessary to be successful in the NFL. Accurate, Smart, and a Leader. Bradford has all 3 of those.

I like Bradford a lot more than Locker. However, Locker has another season to improve.

I think the Browns will be better than people expect. I'd like to see us get a WR in round one next year.

Based on those qualifications, Colt McCoy should be the guy.

I think Locker has those attributes, plus he's an insanely good athlete, has a huge arm, and can throw really well on the run.

Bradford was a nice quarterback, but with the shoulder and that system, I would have opted for Suh/McCoy, but that's me.

prock
05-23-2010, 08:42 PM
Guys, get it on your minds.

Andrew Luck hasn't really impressed me yet, unlike Locker, Mallett and even Ponder. Alright, he was Toby Gerhart's QB, I know. He might have beaten Oregon and USC, I know. But who cares anyway. He's too young, and still too raw. I wouldn't leave until 2013 if I were Luck, specially on this class, where you have Locker and Mallett destined to be Top 10 picks. If he declares, he'll be crying all over himself when he sees he's been picked in the 5th round. Yes, in the 5th round.

Let's see. This very same place, 1 year ago.
Jevan Snead was the subject. Jevan Snead this, Jevan Snead that, Jevan Snead Top 5 pick!!11!!!!OMG11!1!1.
Jevan Snead went undrafted.

Andrew Luck can't be dumb enough to declare this year. Fact.

You could say the same about any prospect. There is no reason why you compare Luck to Snead rather than Luck to someone like Clausen or Bradford. Lots of players came out early and regretted it, and a lot of players stayed in and regretted it. I don't understand why you think Luck will be another Snead. I agree Luck shouldn't come out this year, he should wait til 2012.

And of course Luck hasn't impressed you like these other more experienced players, he was a freshman last year. You can't compare his accomplishments directly to Locker, Mallet, or Ponder, since he was only a freshman and the other three are experienced. People haven't said that Luck was better last year, they are just projecting his development based on his performance as a freshman.

TheRoo
05-23-2010, 08:58 PM
Based on those qualifications, Colt McCoy should be the guy.

I think Locker has those attributes, plus he's an insanely good athlete, has a huge arm, and can throw really well on the run.

Bradford was a nice quarterback, but with the shoulder and that system, I would have opted for Suh/McCoy, but that's me.

I really like McCoy.

I don't think there's anyway we take a QB in the first next year.

I'd like a WR or DE next year in RD 1.

wonderbredd24
05-23-2010, 09:00 PM
I really like McCoy.

I don't think there's anyway we take a QB in the first next year.

I'd like a WR or DE next year in RD 1.
If Colt McCoy were to keep us from taking Jake Locker next year, I would be pissed. I'm not convinced McCoy will ever start for this team and is nothing more than a nice, long term backup.

I didn't like the pick when it was made... I would have much rather taken someone like Eric Norwood

TheRoo
05-23-2010, 09:07 PM
If Colt McCoy were to keep us from taking Jake Locker next year, I would be pissed. I'm not convinced McCoy will ever start for this team and is nothing more than a nice, long term backup.

I didn't like the pick when it was made... I would have much rather taken someone like Eric Norwood

Come on man, at least let McCoy make it through training camp before we give up on him.

wonderbredd24
05-23-2010, 09:08 PM
Come on man, at least let McCoy make it through training camp before we give up on him.
I'm not giving up on him, but I certainly wouldn't let him stop me from taking a quarterback like Locker.

lowlife
05-23-2010, 09:14 PM
The Rams and Bills are still the favorites by a mile.

Browns, Jaguars, Cardinals, and Buccaneers are in that 2nd group of possibles.

Panthers and Broncos are darkhorses. I see one or both falling and falling hard.

TheRubberDuck45
05-24-2010, 01:37 PM
I don't see why everyone thinks the Jags will fall so hard this year. They were 7-9 last year and in playoff contention. Big John is the only notable loss, and he was a massive under achiever. IMO the Jags will go 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 in that area.

tjsunstein
05-24-2010, 01:41 PM
Tampa Bay.

Paranoidmoonduck
05-24-2010, 01:45 PM
I don't see why everyone thinks the Jags will fall so hard this year. They were 7-9 last year and in playoff contention. Big John is the only notable loss, and he was a massive under achiever. IMO the Jags will go 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 in that area.

I think people are mostly concerned that the entire success or failure of the team depends entirely on MJD. If he misses any significant time or plays hobbled, that team is barely any more talented than a lot of the teams being predicted to pick in the top 5. Garrard to Sims-Walker isn't going to blow the doors off of any secondary in the league.

And while Jon Henderson was about all that defense lost, he was their leading pass rusher in 2009. I think adding Alualu should help the pass rush a bit, but he's not so extremely talented that he'll rectify how bad their pass rush by himself.

TheRubberDuck45
05-24-2010, 01:54 PM
I think people are mostly concerned that the entire success or failure of the team depends entirely on MJD. If he misses any significant time or plays hobbled, that team is barely any more talented than a lot of the teams being predicted to pick in the top 5. Garrard to Sims-Walker isn't going to blow the doors off of any secondary in the league.

And while Jon Henderson was about all that defense lost, he was their leading pass rusher in 2009. I think adding Alualu should help the pass rush a bit, but he's not so extremely talented that he'll rectify how bad their pass rush by himself.

The pass rush will be twice as good with the addition of Aaron Kampman alone. MJD carried the entire load last year. He won't do it again this year with Jennings and the speed back Karim.

Paranoidmoonduck
05-24-2010, 06:05 PM
The pass rush will be twice as good with the addition of Aaron Kampman alone. MJD carried the entire load last year. He won't do it again this year with Jennings and the speed back Karim.

If you say so. I like Kampman a lot as a player, but twice as good would mean that statistically you expect him to get at least 14 sacks. I'm not sure he's good enough for that to be a lock. And correct me if I'm wrong, but Jennings was there last year, so the only real addition was Karim (who is a great athlete but was a 6th round pick for a reason). If Karim makes much of an impact beyond kick return in his rookie season, I'd be surprised.

prock
05-24-2010, 06:23 PM
If you say so. I like Kampman a lot as a player, but twice as good would mean that statistically you expect him to get at least 14 sacks. I'm not sure he's good enough for that to be a lock.

Well you don't need to think of it like that. You can think of it as Kampman is going to get 10 himself, and his presence alone will help the entire team get to the quarterback more. It is very closed minded to think that Kampman's statistics alone have to be at a certain level for him to double their pass rush.

LizardState
05-24-2010, 06:25 PM
It's the Bills if Marshawn Lynch can't stay out of jail. And they will take a QB, probably Locker.

If Lynch is healthy & plays well, it will be the Jags. If so the Jaguars will draft the BPA, also maybe Locker or that hot DE from UNC.

Isn't it curious that the consensus worst 2 teams in the league per this thread are the ones most frequently mentioned as the ones who will move from their present cities soon? Just pointing out the pattern here......

Paranoidmoonduck
05-24-2010, 06:27 PM
Well you don't need to think of it like that. You can think of it as Kampman is going to get 10 himself, and his presence alone will help the entire team get to the quarterback more. It is very closed minded to think that Kampman's statistics alone have to be at a certain level for him to double their pass rush.

Kampman alone was what was said, and I chose to take those words literally.

Complex
05-24-2010, 06:27 PM
the broncos will have the 1st pick

prock
05-24-2010, 06:37 PM
Kampman alone was what was said, and I chose to take those words literally.

Well Kampman alone is making it twice as good he is claiming, whether stats alone will reflect that or not. Kampman alone can make that pass rush twice as good without doubling the stats, that was my point.

SuperMcGee
05-25-2010, 12:02 AM
It's the Bills if Marshawn Lynch can't stay out of jail. And they will take a QB, probably Locker.

If Lynch is healthy & plays well, it will be the Jags. If so the Jaguars will draft the BPA, also maybe Locker or that hot DE from UNC.

Isn't it curious that the consensus worst 2 teams in the league per this thread are the ones most frequently mentioned as the ones who will move from their present cities soon? Just pointing out the pattern here......

No. It doesn't depend on Lynch at all. There are a lot of reasons this team can do poorly, but more carries going to Jackson and even Spiller (as most already should be) is not one of them.

Oh, and thanks for mentioning the Bills moving, AGAIN. You never seem to get tired of that.

TornadoRex
05-25-2010, 11:40 AM
I LOL @ people picking the Bucs.

Buffalo, Cleveland, STL all much more likely.

bearsfan_51
05-25-2010, 11:49 AM
I LOL @ the Bucs.

wonderbredd24
05-25-2010, 12:12 PM

Buffalo, Cleveland, STL all much more likely.

Why are the Bucs better than the Browns?

superfly69
05-25-2010, 01:15 PM
Buffalo is the obvious answer. They have an average defense and no QB and no O-line.

RealityCheck
05-25-2010, 04:17 PM
Buffalo is the obvious answer. They have an average defense and no QB and no O-line.
BUT DEY HAZ CJ SPILAAAHZZZZ!!111!!1111!!11

fontes
05-25-2010, 04:32 PM
What about the Patriots? They have a reasonable chance to get the pick. Who would they take?

superman8456
05-25-2010, 04:38 PM
Chicago Bears imo

bearsfan_51
05-25-2010, 04:53 PM
Unless Cutler gets injured there is about a 1% chance at best the Bears have the 1st pick. They were 7-9 last year, added Julius Peppers and Chester Taylor, and Brian Urlacher is coming back.

I don't think they'll be great, but I really doubt they will be that much worse.

Halsey
05-25-2010, 06:34 PM
I just know the #1 overall pick is likely going to be a QB. People who think it's going to be a WR, or some other position, aren't doing their homework. There's a good chance a top QB prospect will be available, and a great chance the team picking #1 will need a QB. With the value of QBs in today's league, how can you not favor a QB to go #1.

draftguru151
05-25-2010, 06:38 PM
The team with the #1 pick already has one?

wonderbredd24
05-25-2010, 07:28 PM
I just know the #1 overall pick is likely going to be a QB. People who think it's going to be a WR, or some other position, aren't doing their homework. There's a good chance a top QB prospect will be available, and a great chance the team picking #1 will need a QB. With the value of QBs in today's league, how can you not favor a QB to go #1.

So if the Rams or Bucs pick 1st, they are going to take a quarterback... why?

RealityCheck
05-25-2010, 07:58 PM
So if the Rams or Bucs pick 1st, they are going to take a quarterback... why?
Because they haven't drafted one in the past years and there isn't an athletic freak North Carolina defensive end for them to pick.

TheRoo
05-25-2010, 09:08 PM
The first pick isn't going to Cleveland, St. Louis, or Detroit. They all got better in the offseason.

I would put Tampa and Buffalo at the top of the list. Josh Freeman has done nothing to show me he's a legit QB. They will be bad. Buffalo's offense is terrible except for their RB's. Their defense is okay, but not nearly good enough to carry that sorry ass offense.

the_dark_knight
05-25-2010, 09:14 PM
Going to have to give a vote to the Buccaneers here.

Me Likey Rookies
05-25-2010, 09:17 PM
Cleveland, St. Louis, and Detroit got better in the offseason, but Tampa didnt? Most people liked Tampa's draft the most of the four.

And Freeman > the QBs in Cleveland and St. Louis. And he put up similair stats as Stafford.

wonderbredd24
05-25-2010, 09:38 PM
Cleveland, St. Louis, and Detroit got better in the offseason, but Tampa didnt? Most people liked Tampa's draft the most of the four.

And Freeman > the QBs in Cleveland and St. Louis. And he put up similair stats as Stafford.
Here's what we're looking at as far as the Bucs and Browns go... they play week 2 in Tampa and you're going to be counting on substantial impact from 2 rookie defensive tackles against a stud in Alex Mack and the Browns are going to run the ball, run the ball some more, and then after that, run it again with Montario Hardesty, Jerome Harrison, and Peyton Hillis. I'm curious to see how 2 rookie defensive tackles hold up against that and there is no pass rusher that can beat Joe Thomas on that roster or even make him uncomfortable or much of a pass rush in general. Last year, they ran a defense without a DLineat all... this year, they are hoping rookies can carry them.

On the other side of the ball, the Buccaneers boast Mark Clayton, Mark Bradley, Reggie Brown, Maurice Stovall, Sammie Strougher, and Arrelious Benn. What a good group of receivers. And they are going up against Eric Wright, Sheldon Brown, and Joe Haden... I like our chances. But oh wait, the Bucs also have a gimp tight end they can throw to coming off yet another knee surgery in Kellen Winslow. Still can't believe how lopsided that trade was or the guaranteed money the Bucs gave Winslow. I hope for the Bucs sake, they can run the ball better than they did last year, because they aren't going to throw much on the Browns.

While the Bucs MIGHT have had the best draft of the 4 and that's debatable at best, it remains to be seen how much of a contribution their youth is going to make early on and week 2 seems a little early for 2 rookie DLinemen learning on the job to stop the Browns or anyone else.

LonghornsLegend
05-25-2010, 09:52 PM

I'm guessing you didn't think this through before posting?

Me Likey Rookies
05-25-2010, 10:05 PM
Here's what we're looking at as far as the Bucs and Browns go... they play week 2 in Tampa and you're going to be counting on substantial impact from 2 rookie defensive tackles against a stud in Alex Mack and the Browns are going to run the ball, run the ball some more, and then after that, run it again with Montario Hardesty, Jerome Harrison, and Peyton Hillis. I'm curious to see how 2 rookie defensive tackles hold up against that and there is no pass rusher that can beat Joe Thomas on that roster or even make him uncomfortable or much of a pass rush in general. Last year, they ran a defense without a DLineat all... this year, they are hoping rookies can carry them.

On the other side of the ball, the Buccaneers boast Mark Clayton, Mark Bradley, Reggie Brown, Maurice Stovall, Sammie Strougher, and Arrelious Benn. What a good group of receivers. And they are going up against Eric Wright, Sheldon Brown, and Joe Haden... I like our chances. But oh wait, the Bucs also have a gimp tight end they can throw to coming off yet another knee surgery in Kellen Winslow. Still can't believe how lopsided that trade was or the guaranteed money the Bucs gave Winslow. I hope for the Bucs sake, they can run the ball better than they did last year, because they aren't going to throw much on the Browns.

While the Bucs MIGHT have had the best draft of the 4 and that's debatable at best, it remains to be seen how much of a contribution their youth is going to make early on and week 2 seems a little early for 2 rookie DLinemen learning on the job to stop the Browns or anyone else.

They play week 1 in Tampa.

2 rookies starting at DT is tough but only McCoy (one of the greatest DT prospects in the last decade) will actually start. The other starter at DT should be second year man Roy Miller who was excellent in a back up role last year.

The Bucs have Mike Clayton, Mark is in Baltimore, but he is garbage and should be cut by training camp. You forgot to mention our best WR who will likely be 4th round pick Mike Williams (i know, i know, but he is killing it in camp). Benn and Stroughter should also contribute early on.

LMAO at calling the Winslow trade lopsided. He had a great year being a reliable target for Freeman. Your young QB, Quinn, fell apart without him.

Bucs will load the box and make Delhomme beat them. Good luck to him vs Aqib Talib and Tanard Jackson.

wonderbredd24
05-25-2010, 10:11 PM
Winslow had 77 catches for a team that picked 3rd last year. He's had more operations on his knee than games won last year or probably this year. How many productive years do you think he has left? Will he even be a Buc by the time they are competitive?

You corrected me on your receivers. I was wrong. You are expecting significant contributions from 2 rookies and a 2nd year player at receiver from a 2nd year quarterback.

I love Gerald McCoy, but defensive tackle is an incredibly difficult position to make an early impact with... the transition from college to pro is an enormous leap, especially when there is not a single reliable player to take pressure away from him. Roy Miller might be a decent player, but your DEnds are...? The Dline is nothing but potential and hope at this point and while the Browns are iffy at guard, they still have Joe Thomas and Alex Mack leading our offensive line.

Me Likey Rookies
05-25-2010, 10:19 PM
Winslow had 77 catches for a team that had Byron "freakin" Leftwhich, Josh "freakin" Johnson, and a rook starting.

Winslow's stats took off after Freeman took over by the way. Yes, I am afraid of his career ending early but for now he is still playing at a high level and even if he only has a couple of years left, those couple of years are huge to Freeman's developement.

You are right, the rookies can't be counted on to make a significant contribution untill midseason but I think in week 1 the team will play well and I think the Bucs as a whole are set up for the future better than a lot of teams, including the Browns.

etk
05-25-2010, 10:53 PM
Give me the Bucs. Young and raw on the offensive skilled positions and rebuilding their aging defense. Brutal schedule too.

Most ignorant statement ever?

Cadillac Williams and Kellen Winslow are young and raw? We have 2 rookie WRs but they can't be any worse than Bryant/Clayton/Stovall last year.

Aging defense? We have one of the youngest defenses in the league....possibly the youngest. The only old guy is Ronde Barber...maybe Stylez White if you wanna push it.

Our schedule is pretty easy. Most of the games are winnable and like MLR said...we showed last year that we can compete against anyone. Our schedule was much tougher last year.

I expect at least 5 wins this year. I don't see how anyone could expect us to get worse from last year. Our young players are more experienced, our staff is more stable (Jagz & Bates are long gone) and our interior D-Line has been given a major upgrade.

If we do end up with the #1 overall pick, we better ****** take Patrick Peterson.

EDIT: WOW at that Browns homer

yourfavestoner
05-25-2010, 11:10 PM
For as raw as he was, I definitely liked in what I saw in Josh Freeman's flashes and good spots. I actually think that he had a better regular season than Sanchez, especially when you consider what he had to work with.

prock
05-25-2010, 11:22 PM

Why would the Rams or Bucs need a QB?

TheRoo
05-25-2010, 11:23 PM
Cleveland will rush for 200+ yards week one in TB. I would be very surprised if Tampa beats Cleveland.

dannyz
05-25-2010, 11:27 PM
I don't know what teams they play this year but could the Bills go win less this year ? They won't beat anyone in their division, plus they might have a chance if they play a really bad team like the Rams or Browns. The Bills have a lot of holes it will take a couple of NFL Drafts and Free Agency for them to be good.

bearsfan_51
05-25-2010, 11:29 PM
I don't see how anyone could expect us to get worse from last year.
The Bucs were ******* awful last year, so they hardly have to get worse.

I think the Bucs had a good draft, they are probably headed in the right direction, but they are a young team with lots of question marks. Post draft, the Bucs sit at #30 in the ESPN power rankings.

Methinks the Bucs fans protest too much.

Halsey
05-26-2010, 05:42 AM
Why would the Rams or Bucs need a QB?

Even if a team like the Rams or Bucs had the top pick, if there's a top QB prospect available, there could be a market for him. It's not like teams never make trades at the top of the Draft to get a top QB prospect. It's an absolute lock that some team in the top 5 will need a QB.

P-L
05-26-2010, 10:07 AM
The time between the draft and the start of the NFL season is the worst. There is not a single fan out there who thinks his team got worse or didn't make significant improvements. Just listening to the fans, none of the teams that picked in the top 10 this year are going to end up picking in the top 5 next year. I remember right after the 2009 draft, the Rams, Lions, and Chiefs weren't going to have top 5 picks this year. How'd that work out?

tjsunstein
05-26-2010, 10:10 AM
This thread could have benefitted from a poll.

prock
05-26-2010, 10:24 AM
The time between the draft and the start of the NFL season is the worst. There is not a single fan out there who thinks his team got worse or didn't make significant improvements. Just listening to the fans, none of the teams that picked in the top 10 this year are going to end up picking in the top 5 next year. I remember right after the 2009 draft, the Rams, Lions, and Chiefs weren't going to have top 5 picks this year. How'd that work out?

I think we didn't make significant improvements.

prock
05-26-2010, 10:26 AM
Even if a team like the Rams or Bucs had the top pick, if there's a top QB prospect available, there could be a market for him. It's not like teams never make trades at the top of the Draft to get a top QB prospect. It's an absolute lock that some team in the top 5 will need a QB.

Yeah but why would they trade up to the number one spot if the Rams of Bucs have the top pick? "Guys, I think that the Rams and Bucs are targeting a quarterback, we gotta blow their minds with a trade to get our guy!"
If the Rams or Bucs pick first, there is no chance a quarterback goes first. Don't know what you are arguing.

LonghornsLegend
05-26-2010, 11:10 AM

Really? Way to go out on a limb. That's a far cry from "people who think the #1 pick won't be a QB aren't doing their homework".

Of course there are trades inside the top 5, but they are also rare. If STL is picking 1st and Buffalo is 2nd there is no need for them to jump up to #1, and we can't predict trades until we know the order.

Halsey
05-26-2010, 12:37 PM
QBs were taken ahead of Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson and Ndamukong Suh.

QBs have gone #1 3 of the last 4 years.

The smart money is on a QB going #1 in 2011.

wonderbredd24
05-26-2010, 12:48 PM
QBs were taken ahead of Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson and Ndamukong Suh.

QBs have gone #1 3 of the last 4 years.

The smart money is on a QB going #1 in 2011.

and I don't think a single person has disputed that a team in need of a quarterback would take one #1 overall. However, that still doesn't deal with the fact a team that doesn't need a quarterback could have the #1 pick

Halsey
05-26-2010, 01:02 PM
The team picking #1 needs a QB most years. The last team that had the #1 pick and didn't pick a QB, needed a QB. They just decided to take one in the second round instead.

So if you figure the team picking #1 will need a QB 4 out of 5 years, and that there's always a chance of a team trading up to get a top QB, AND the 2011 Draft looks like it's a safe bet to produce a top QB, how can you expect a non-QB to go #1?

Seriously, you should be rolling your eyes at mocks that have AJ Green or some lineman going #1 next year.

nepg
05-26-2010, 01:30 PM
I could see the Cardinals just flat-out tanking this year. They have big holes at OL still, and a very volatile situation on offense without a defense to save their ass.

Panthers are another dark horse.

Paranoidmoonduck
05-26-2010, 01:53 PM
I could see the Cardinals just flat-out tanking this year. They have big holes at OL still, and a very volatile situation on offense without a defense to save their ass.

I keep thinking that defense could take a big step forward, but it has yet to happen. They have tons of size and I like their scheme. Even before Dan Williams I liked that defensive line, but I guess things are less solid at linebacker after losing Dansby (not sure how Daryl Washington will fit) and there's not a ton of defensive back help behind DRC and Wilson.

I think the Cards will drop into mediocrity before just bottoming out, but I suppose it could happen in that offense just lays an egg.

wonderbredd24
05-26-2010, 02:20 PM
I keep thinking that defense could take a big step forward, but it has yet to happen. They have tons of size and I like their scheme. Even before Dan Williams I liked that defensive line, but I guess things are less solid at linebacker after losing Dansby (not sure how Daryl Washington will fit) and there's not a ton of defensive back help behind DRC and Wilson.

I think the Cards will drop into mediocrity before just bottoming out, but I suppose it could happen in that offense just lays an egg.

I think the drop off from Warner to... Leinart/Anderson/insert random stiff is going to be enormous and people will appreciate just how good Warner was

prock
05-26-2010, 02:49 PM

Panthers are another dark horse.

I could see the Cards winning 5 games next year, but I don't think they will contend for number 1. I definitely think there is a good chance they pick top 10. I think the Panthers will have a winning record next year.

Mr.Regular
05-28-2010, 12:18 AM
I think Tampa will surprise people this year. Freeman flashed some sick potential last year...if he takes a big step forward (which I think he will) I can see a team with a record getting close to .500. The defense will be very much improved, and the offense will go the way of Freeman, and I think that that is a good thing. I don't think they'll be anywhere close to the #1 pick.

Poz51
05-28-2010, 10:35 AM
Seriously, you should be rolling your eyes at mocks that have AJ Green or some lineman going #1 next year.

I agree with most of what you said, and understand your points, but this needs more explaining... If the Rams, Bucs, or Broncos for instance end up with the first pick, and Quinn, or Green have lights out seasons and people put them as the number one pick (2006 draft with M. Williams going first for example, where people rolled their eyes at the mere thought) in next years draft, you will roll your eyes?? Now if the Bills or maybe Cleveland for instance end up with the number one pick, and anything other than a QB is penciled in at #1, I could see your point. Doesnt the team picking at number one have something to do with it?? Just because a team needs a QB and is picking #1 does not mean they should take a QB, Who should Oakland have drafted J-Russ, or does C. Johnson, J. Thomas, and A.P. make more sense?? Most repituable draftniks and scouting services at the time had the later three rated higher, and have panned out... Needing a QB and reaching for one = failure most of the time. Having the number one pick, and "having" to take a QB only makes sense if there is one available who deserves/is worth it. I am a huge LSU fan, and watched almost every game Russell played in, and I thought it was laughable then (2007) that the talk was he would go first and even more so that he did.
That being said, I believe that the Rams will have the first pick in the draft next year, and Adrian Clayborn will be the first name called in next April's draft :roll:

prock
05-28-2010, 11:16 AM
The team picking #1 needs a QB most years. The last team that had the #1 pick and didn't pick a QB, needed a QB. They just decided to take one in the second round instead.

So if you figure the team picking #1 will need a QB 4 out of 5 years, and that there's always a chance of a team trading up to get a top QB, AND the 2011 Draft looks like it's a safe bet to produce a top QB, how can you expect a non-QB to go #1?

If the team with a number one pick doesn't need a quarterback, that is how I expect a non-QB to go first. Not a hard concept.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
05-28-2010, 11:36 AM
Halsey is right. If the rams are picking number 1 they should pick Jake Locker since they screwed up taking bradford.

TornadoRex
06-01-2010, 01:20 AM
I LOL @ the Bucs.

Congrats. We beat you losers last time we played with Brian freakin Griese throwing 87 times.

TornadoRex
06-01-2010, 01:21 AM
Why are the Bucs better than the Browns?

Your QB combo is Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace. Do I need to go further than that?

wonderbredd24
06-01-2010, 06:59 AM
Your QB combo is Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace. Do I need to go further than that?
Yes, you do.

TheRoo
06-01-2010, 12:41 PM

LOL

Freeman had a 1/1.8 TD to INT ratio. He's a joke. Tampa is going to win less than 4 games this year, Cleveland will not be one of them.

Sniper
06-01-2010, 12:45 PM
LOL

Freeman had a 1/1.8 TD to INT ratio. He's a joke.

I don't have a horse in this race, but Freeman's 1:1.8 as a rookie far supercedes Delhomme's 1:2.25 as a seasoned veteran.

wonderbredd24
06-01-2010, 12:46 PM
I don't have a horse in this race, but Freeman's 1:1.8 as a rookie far superceds Delhomme's 1:2.25 as a seasoned veteran.
Yea, the QB advantage definitely goes to Tampa, but very little else does.

RealityCheck
06-01-2010, 01:02 PM
Don't you ever, ever, ever, ever, ever dare calling Your Lord, The Ruler of the World, Robert Quinn "some lineman".

TheRoo
06-01-2010, 01:14 PM
I don't have a horse in this race, but Freeman's 1:1.8 as a rookie far superceds Delhomme's 1:2.25 as a seasoned veteran.

Delhomme has had one season where he has thrown more Int's than TD's and he was injured.

Cleveland has better OL, RB, DL, LB, CB's, Safeties, Special Teams, and coach.

Sniper
06-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Delhomme has had one season where he has thrown more Int's than TD's and he was injured.

And that was his most recent one. He certainly wasn't injured in Week 1 when he was a human turnover machine. Freeman was a rookie QB with no wideouts. Freeman has potential to be good. Delhomme is proven to suck.

TornadoRex
03-01-2011, 03:18 PM
The Rams and Bills are still the favorites by a mile.

Browns, Jaguars, Cardinals, and Buccaneers are in that 2nd group of possibles.

Panthers and Broncos are darkhorses. I see one or both falling and falling hard.

Wow. What a darkhorse prediction.

By the way all, we still LOLing at the Bucs? Told you that #1 pick was never going to happen.

Zello
03-01-2011, 03:38 PM
There is no way the Bucs are in contention for the #1 pick in 2012, or even picking in the top 5 for that matter, unless Josh Freeman suffers a season-ending injury.

Similarly, the Rams will most definitely not be picking top 5 unless Bradford suffers an season-ending injury.

The main contenders for the #1 overall pick in 2012 as of right now, in my opinion, are:

- Cardinals: still no NFL-quality QB on that roster, and their options in free agency are limited, and that's assuming there is free agency

- Browns: no offense outside of Peyton Hillis and Colt McCoy, very few defensive pieces and switching schemes in a lockout is always bad news. doesn't help that they play in the toughest division in the AFC

- Seahawks: unless Hasselbeck plays all season long like he did in one game in 2010 (Saints playoff game) they don't have an NFL-quality QB, and their defense is still mediocre at best, while the teams in their division will all likely improve by leaps and bounds except for the Cardinals

- Panthers: unless Clausen takes a dramatic step forward, they will be right in the same place they are in right now.

So yeah, the usual suspects.

EDIT: Just realized this was a bump of an old thread talking about the 2010 season. So yeah, my predictions for the 2011 season and the 2012 draft, if there is a 2011 season.

LonghornsLegend
03-01-2011, 05:19 PM
Pretty funny to see how opinions can sway so heavily on Locker & Luck in just a year.

elway=goat
03-01-2011, 08:55 PM
Pretty funny to see how opinions can sway so heavily on Locker & Luck in just a year.

Yeah, another thing I noticed is how bad some "repped" members were talking down to some "neg'd" members, and the "neg'd" members were 100% correct. Its actually pretty funny, some look real douchy in this thread.