PDA

View Full Version : Aldon Smith

dannyz
05-28-2010, 04:45 PM
He is a RSoph and can declare for the 2011 NFL Draft. Hes 6"5 255 pounds. Very good what do you think this kid is a beast could sneak into the first round of the 2011 NFL Draft.

JFLO
05-28-2010, 04:58 PM
I've been around these forums for around what I think is two years (5 including my older name) and I think you have already doubled my "Thread Creation" count...

TitanHope
05-28-2010, 05:09 PM
I'm not expecting him to declare, but if he does and has another good season like he did last year, then I definitely think he could be a 1st RD'er. He looks like a prototypical 3-4 OLB, and would have the production to back-up the high pick.

Aloysius
05-28-2010, 06:15 PM
3-4 OLB is a possibility, but I like him better as a 4-3 end who can also reduce inside on passing downs. He's listed at 6'5", 255 lbs., but I think he has the frame to get bigger and - with some development - become a Justin Tuck-type player.

Aldon Smith vs. Colorado (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTyDrwMkV-c)

bored of education
05-28-2010, 07:28 PM
make a thread for every eligible player please

dannyz
05-28-2010, 07:41 PM
I will. Trust me.

SenorGato
05-29-2010, 03:03 AM
make a thread for every eligible player please

It's really not that bad of an idea considering the forum...

Smith's talented...agreed that he might be developed more into the NFL Justin Tuck type DE...still, I'll hold out hope for an exciting, tall 3-4 OLB prospect...Quinn and Cliff Matthews are there...

dannyz
05-29-2010, 09:27 PM
Also, What about Nick Perry DE USC? Hes a RS Soph.

holt_bruce81
05-29-2010, 10:32 PM
Looked great against Texas, had I think 3 sacks. Needs to add some muscle.

tjsunstein
06-01-2010, 01:52 PM
I don't think he declares this year mainly because of the talent coming out. If he waits, he could be the number 1 DE in 2012.

2011 Probables:
Robert Quinn
Marcell Dareus
Da'Quan Bowers
Cameron Heyward
Adrian Clayborn
Allen Bailey
Greg Romeus

2012 Probables:
Jack Crawford
Ryan Van Bergen

dannyz
06-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Also Nick Perry USC DE.

tjsunstein
06-01-2010, 02:52 PM
Also Nick Perry USC DE.
Same boat as far as coming out although he is less talented than Smith, imo. Smith has a bigger frame than Perry but Perry seems a bit quicker.

Perry is going to have to play without Tupou in the middle of the line so we're going to see how much he can get done on his own. Topou was a huge part of that defense.

Aldon Smith just has to continue to get better and he will become one of the more dominant DEs in college.

dannyz
06-01-2010, 04:35 PM
Yeah, also no Everson Griffin on the other side.

Da Big Harv
06-02-2010, 07:09 PM
Tupou is an alright player but losing him shouldn't effect Nick Perry at all. USC DL will be talented as always headed by Jurrell Casey at NT. Perry will have tonnes of pass rush oppertunities going head up 1 on 1with a guard on passing downs if Kiffen moves him inside on passing downs like they did last year with him.

tjsunstein
06-03-2010, 09:28 AM
Tupou is an alright player but losing him shouldn't effect Nick Perry at all. USC DL will be talented as always headed by Jurrell Casey at NT. Perry will have tonnes of pass rush oppertunities going head up 1 on 1with a guard on passing downs if Kiffen moves him inside on passing downs like they did last year with him.
The position is deep this year so losing Christian isn't a huge blow for USC but his leadership in games will be missed.

"Loni" Fanupo is a beast in the middle at 6'2 330 and DaJohn Harris was one of the breakout players this spring so they definitely have the talent to fill the void but still a huge lose for USC. Team wise, it could be a blessing in disguise.

My original point is that Perry will have to battle adversity from the start where as Aldon has to continue doing what he does. USC struggled to make it through the season last year health wise and this isn't a great start.

It's really a shame for Aldon that 2009 Missouri signee and #4 overall recruit DT Sheldon Richardson didn't qualify and went the JUCO route.

kmartin575
06-03-2010, 10:42 PM
The position is deep this year so losing Christian isn't a huge blow for USC but his leadership in games will be missed.

"Loni" Fanupo is a beast in the middle at 6'2 330 and DaJohn Harris was one of the breakout players this spring so they definitely have the talent to fill the void but still a huge lose for USC. Team wise, it could be a blessing in disguise.

My original point is that Perry will have to battle adversity from the start where as Aldon has to continue doing what he does. USC struggled to make it through the season last year health wise and this isn't a great start.

It's really a shame for Aldon that 2009 Missouri signee and #4 overall recruit DT Sheldon Richardson didn't qualify and went the JUCO route.

Richardson is still headed to Missouri, he's listed as a commit for 2011.

tjsunstein
06-04-2010, 09:26 AM
Richardson is still headed to Missouri, he's listed as a commit for 2011.
He was listed as a commit in 2009, too. He never made it.

draftguru151
06-04-2010, 11:10 AM
He's sitting out this year after dominating last year so he'll have three years at Mizzou, he's already said that he'll be there next spring.

kmartin575
06-08-2010, 11:07 PM
He was listed as a commit in 2009, too. He never made it.

And what does that have to do with him coming now? He went the junior college route and by all indications will be ready to make it to Mizzou.