PDA

View Full Version : Quinn Pitcock

bored of education
03-17-2007, 11:00 AM
40: 4.93
Bench: 23 reps
Vertical: 34
Broad Jump: 9'4"

"I've played at 285 and can go up to 320" he told some Cleveland news reporter.

Spent most of his senior season being double team which diminished his stats a little bit but proves this guy is a work horse. He is more of gap controller than a penetrater(sp.). But with some training and bulking up allng with his obvious stats that he seems more mobile than viewed to be, he could be a very solid starter in the NFL.

Sophmore season: 49 tackles, 7.5 for loss, with a pair of sacks
Junior season: 28 tackles, three for loss, with just one sack
Senior Season: 36 tackles, 11 for loss, and eight sacks.

People can say his competition was weak, but the fact he was getting double teamed every single down proves to me that he is given a job and DOES IT!

I like him alot especially as the secound round pick for the Chiefs, and his value is spuerb at that point in the draft.

OhioState
03-17-2007, 11:05 AM
quinn played great for us all year. He was a great worker and was always a presence in the middle. He was also a captain last year and i feel he did a great job as our defensive leader.

T-RICH49
03-17-2007, 01:37 PM
NO!!!I'd prefer Mebane or McBean over Pitcock

villagewarrior
03-17-2007, 04:09 PM
Agreed. I like the potential of the other guys more. Pitcock seems maxed out and honestly seems like a better college player than a pro to me.

matts22
03-18-2007, 12:45 AM
It just depends on what type of DT you are looking for...with the signing of Boone and resigning of Edwards, it looks like we have our "run-stuffing" DTs...I think we need a stud pass-rushing DT. That's why I personally like Mebane.

bored of education
03-18-2007, 09:42 AM
He had 8 sacks in the Big Ten while getting double teamed. He also has a high floor. Which means he is going to be good, can't really be a bust with his technique, strength, motor and willingness to learn, being a student of the game, and can beef up another 10-15 lbs.

MIZZOU
03-18-2007, 01:01 PM
what is it you guys like about mcbean so much? he seems like garbage to me. never lived up to his potential in the big 12, what makes you think he can just turn it on in the pros. i do like mebane a lot.

Splat
03-19-2007, 03:35 PM
He would be a steal in round two IMO.

Hermstheman83
03-20-2007, 10:17 AM
I wouldn't be upset if we got Quinn Pittcock. I don't think he'll ever be an absolute monster on the line, but He seems like he brings alot of intensity to the game and alot of leadership(he was the captain of the OSU National Champion RUnner up squad this year). Those intangibles are important, but I don't know if you want a guy with good eladership that isn't going to be that good....