PDA

View Full Version : Scotts New(est) mock

Bengals78
03-17-2007, 11:25 AM
We had Houston for a few days, now we have beason, of the two who would you prefer

PalmerToCJ
03-17-2007, 11:41 AM
Well, I like Houston but I would be happier if we went WLB or SS round 1 because they can have a bigger impact than a CB. I'd prefer Timmons but I could handle Beason/see it happening.

Round 2 is a terrible pick. Off field troubles and slow. Off field troubles being the worst of it.

I'd rather see Irons, Wilson or Bennett.

Bengals78
03-17-2007, 12:14 PM
yeah i dont like rd 2 either.
Weddle is still open and so is Alama-Francis and Rouse

PalmerToCJ
03-17-2007, 12:35 PM
To be honest as much as I was big on Rouse in the 2nd I've backed off that lately. Not that his stock has dropped I'm just not so sure we take a saftey. I'd love to take Weddle though, good character guy that just gets the job done and is versatile. If anything he could come in and be our new KK and play nickel back, then next year take over the SS spot.

Bengals78
03-17-2007, 06:37 PM
i still like Rouse because he isnt a lock at safety. he could be a WLB.
But yeah i have been high on Weddle since the bowl game

bengalbuck
03-18-2007, 08:27 PM
Based on where Scott has players going, I would probably go Revis and then Weddle.

Depending upon whether the Bengals feel like they are going to be able to sign J. Smith long term or not, I wouldn't be completely opposed to grabbing a DE in the second, just because the draft is so deep at the position and there could potentially be a very good one there.

My preference all along has been DB in the first and LB in the second, but it seems like most of the guys I like at LB are gone before our 2nd pick in this mock.

PalmerToCJ
03-18-2007, 10:16 PM
I very highly doubt we take a DE at any point in the draft. Geathers is an obvious long term solution, Smith is currently a 1 year solution and Marvin was obviously high on Frostee Rucker to take him in the 3rd so it's hard to think he won't get a chance.

I agree about Rouse potentially at WLB, but honestly I would prefer to take a guy that can easily step in right away. I think it would be best to go S/WLB in the 1st then CB in the 2nd but I wouldn't be opposed to Revis/Houston.

themaninblack
03-19-2007, 12:50 AM
i like rouse's attitude on the field and wouldnt mind seeing him in RD 2. round one i dont like beason especially but could see it happening and would be content with it.

WhoDeyBucks
03-19-2007, 02:34 PM
I don't mind the Beason pick, I would prefer Houston.
I agree with you guys on Weddle, he would be a great pick (high character).

Any thoughts on us getting a 3rd pick for compensation of free agency losses?

PalmerToCJ
03-19-2007, 03:49 PM
I'm thinking best case scenario is a 4th round pick. Kitna put up good numbers but with Djax/Adams that takes away a little. I think a 5th or 6th are most likely.

Next year however I'm hoping KK and Steinbach have great seasons and we can get like a 3rd and 5th.