PDA

View Full Version : OJ Atogwe - FA at midnight

Scotty D
06-01-2010, 01:10 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=5194336
John Clayton thinks we will be after him.
Who says the Lions won't become involved? I think they could, but there's no need for them to tip their hand now. On June 1, Atogwe's restricted tender would rise to the franchise level (nearly $7 million), and it seems unlikely the Rams will keep him at that price. Like it or not, the Lions have been one of the most aggressive teams in picking up veteran players, and Atogwe would be a good, young player to acquire. I think they will be in the hunt.

09 74 TKL - 2 INT Pass Def 5 - 1 sack
08 85 TKL - 5 INT Pass Def 5
07 75 TKL - 8 INT Pass Def 12

http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID4388/images/resized_OJ_Atogwe.jpg
http://images.usatoday.com/sports/_photos/2006/12/17/rams.jpg

* I made the poll multiple votes so you can add the "depends on contract" option.

Prowler
06-01-2010, 09:50 PM
front load his deal and call it good. his presence will help bring the secondary into being a functional unit. he tackles and covers. both safeties have similar responsibilities in our scheme, so he would be a great fit. bring him in.

detroit4life
06-01-2010, 10:38 PM
could put our secondary in a much better position to win.

need CBs more but any upgrade to our secondary would be huge

Brothgar
06-01-2010, 11:28 PM
I say defiantly yes. It makes the safety position a position of strength. The only real problems after that is the O-Line and a starting corner. That ain't bad.

GB12
06-01-2010, 11:44 PM
Obviously money will have a lot to do with it, but I still can't see him wanting to go to Detroit after being on a bunch of terrible Rams teams. You guys are definitely improving, but I'm guessing he's going to want to play for someone who's closer to being a contender.

frubulubu
06-01-2010, 11:44 PM
Make it happen...back up the Brinks truck.

D-Unit
06-01-2010, 11:46 PM
He's coming to the Cowboys. I hope.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
06-02-2010, 09:40 AM
Obviously money will have a lot to do with it, but I still can't see him wanting to go to Detroit after being on a bunch of terrible Rams teams. You guys are definitely improving, but I'm guessing he's going to want to play for someone who's closer to being a contender.

He's from the Detroit area. Don't know if that would be a pro or con for him wanting to come here though. Money will be the reason but given our SS platoon right now, I'd sign him if we can overpaying a little.

Would Delmas move to SS or would Otogwe play SS is the key. I know the roles are similar in our defense but it would be interesting who actually is the SS.

frubulubu
06-02-2010, 10:46 PM
Last time we had a dude from Detroit, play here it didnt that well.

Brothgar
06-02-2010, 11:47 PM
Last time we had a dude from Detroit, play here it didnt that well.

Larry Foote did ok he was an average ILB. An average SS/FS will be an improvment over Ko Simpson although I liked Ko Simpson when he came out I will take Atogwe over Ko.

Addict
06-03-2010, 04:43 AM
the fact so many teams with need at safety say they don't want him does concern me, but we have very little at safety, so I guess it's ok if the contrat isn't too insane.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
06-03-2010, 12:02 PM
Atogwe had shoulder problems and hernia problems last year. Plus he'll be 29 this month. That might be keeping teams away plus he could be wanting way too much money. We'll see how it plays out and if his demands come down, some team will probably take him and be happy.

cotts1
06-04-2010, 02:06 PM
Atogwe has said he was a Lions fan growing up in Windsor. That certainly can't hurt our chances. I think a lot of teams are interested in Atogwe but his injuries and contract demands are slowing talks for sure. I think the Lions should def go after him. He's an above average safety, and would be a huge upgrade. I'm concerned that without an upgrade at SS, opposing teams will just attack that side of the field, and try to neutralize Delmas.

SINCE1978
06-04-2010, 04:51 PM
I am in the minority but I say NO. He's not young, he is coming off injury(s)?, and will demand a HUGE contract (like 6 yr 36 million I saw). Besides, why didn't St. Louis shell it out & extend him if he is so great & healthy?

I say Detroit makes S a top 2 to 3 priority next draft with rd 2 or rd 3 & build it old school. Get em young, hungry & cheap. Besides, is this OJ cat going to put us from like 6-10 to 9-8?? NO WAY. Therefore I say hold off.

Brodeur
06-05-2010, 06:26 PM
I am in the minority but I say NO. He's not young, he is coming off injury(s)?, and will demand a HUGE contract (like 6 yr 36 million I saw). Besides, why didn't St. Louis shell it out & extend him if he is so great & healthy?

I say Detroit makes S a top 2 to 3 priority next draft with rd 2 or rd 3 & build it old school. Get em young, hungry & cheap. Besides, is this OJ cat going to put us from like 6-10 to 9-8?? NO WAY. Therefore I say hold off.

9-8 would be pretty impossible for Atogwe to guide us to.

DrunkenLament
06-05-2010, 07:47 PM
9-8 would be pretty impossible for Atogwe to guide us to.

WE MADE THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!

Prowler
06-05-2010, 08:40 PM
or we just play one extra game