PDA

View Full Version : Best RG

Hines
06-02-2010, 09:38 AM
Who is the best RG in the AFCN?

Hines
06-02-2010, 09:45 AM
I put Pouncey here because that's where he has been playing and probably will play this season. Yanda and Bobbie Williams will be a tough battle IMO. Yanda can be a Pro Bowler this season.

wonderbredd24
06-02-2010, 09:46 AM
Out of the 4 choices here, you have to go with Yanda, but I'd have Andrew Whitworth play right guard.

Pouncey has not played a single down yet. Yes, he might be good, but he might be awful too

K Train
06-02-2010, 10:02 AM
im taking pouncey, if jermaine gresham can get votes over heath miller than pouncey can get votes over this group of misfits cause i dont think yanda is that good

/end homerism

wonderbredd24
06-02-2010, 10:04 AM
im taking pouncey, if jermaine gresham can get votes over heath miller than pouncey can get votes over this group of misfits

That was just as proposterous and Heath Miller won, which is good because we need a guy who can block and Miller is a beast in the running game

K Train
06-02-2010, 10:07 AM
i fully expect yanda to win this and if essex was there instead i would have voted for yanda, i just dont think the RGs in the afc north are overly impressive and went a little homer with the star potential lol

coordinator0
06-02-2010, 11:01 AM
Yanda for me. I think he's a better guard than Grubbs myself, he's just nasty.

Pat Sims 90
06-02-2010, 12:44 PM
Bobbie Williams just because i felt like being a homer for once on this.

wonderbredd24
06-02-2010, 12:46 PM
If you wanna be a homer, put in more write in votes for Whitworth

Pat Sims 90
06-02-2010, 12:54 PM
If you wanna be a homer, put in more write in votes for Whitworth

Would rather have Whitworth as a LG or LT. Williams has been pretty solid on the Right Side and has been a leader ever since he has gotten here.

trkaline
06-02-2010, 01:01 PM
How the expletive* can anyone vote Pouncey? Or any rookie for anything for that matter? Shouldn't even be a choice.

wonderbredd24
06-02-2010, 01:03 PM
Would rather have Whitworth as a LG or LT. Williams has been pretty solid on the Right Side and has been a leader ever since he has gotten here.

Whitworth is a mauler with the feet to play a solid left tackle. I'd love to have that as my right guard.

redbills
06-02-2010, 01:11 PM
How the expletive* can anyone vote Pouncey? Or any rookie for anything for that matter? Shouldn't even be a choice.

because he is great

wonderbredd24
06-02-2010, 01:13 PM
because he is great

Based on all of his NFL play and production?

redbills
06-02-2010, 01:17 PM
Based on all of his NFL play and production?

I think he is better than Mack and Wood, they both played good last year. So If I had to pick one on the list I am going with Pouncey.

wonderbredd24
06-02-2010, 01:19 PM
I think he is better than Mack and Wood, they both played good last year. So If I had to pick one on the list I am going with Pouncey.

Based on no NFL play. And I doubt he plays to the level Mack did last year.

redbills
06-02-2010, 01:20 PM
Based on no NFL play. And I doubt he plays to the level Mack did last year.

So what .

wonderbredd24
06-02-2010, 01:23 PM
So what .
http://motivateurself.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/implied-facepalm.jpg
No words

K Train
06-02-2010, 01:25 PM
im just injecting some youth into the line....i didnt expect him to win or get any other votes for that matter

wonderbredd24
06-02-2010, 01:27 PM
im just injecting some youth into the line....i didnt expect him to win or get any other votes for that matter
Our oldest lineman so far is... 25

K Train
06-02-2010, 01:29 PM
lol

so in 5 years the youngest man on out line will be 25

wonderbredd24
06-02-2010, 01:33 PM
lol

so in 5 years the youngest man on out line will be 25
Yes, in 5 years, Joe Thomas will be all of 30 and Alex Mack will be 29. Suck it rest of the NFL

jriles0522
06-02-2010, 02:17 PM
No Shawn Lauvao love???? WTF kind of poll is this?

redbills
06-02-2010, 03:11 PM
so just because he has yet to play he shoudn't be on the list, lol, ur funny w24.

wonderbredd24
06-02-2010, 03:12 PM
so just because he has yet to play he shoudn't be on the list, lol, ur funny w24.
He shouldn't be getting votes over a good player who has actually done it at the NFL level. It's just ridiculous.

Brown Leader
06-02-2010, 03:27 PM
14 for Yanda? I don't think there's that much disparity between this group so I'll take pork chop.

bam bam
06-02-2010, 04:15 PM
Yanda. I have been pretty vocal about him being better than Grubbs. He is an animal.

tenorx
06-02-2010, 04:29 PM
3 votes for Pouncey, who might start at C instead of RG :)

trkaline
06-02-2010, 04:29 PM

I'm just wondering how he can be the best when we've yet to see him play, but I guess sense he's an outstanding prospect that means he'll defininetly develop.

BmoreBlackByrdz
06-02-2010, 07:18 PM
Yanda for me. He's more consistent than Grubbs and more versatile.

TACKLE
06-02-2010, 07:23 PM
Hate to say it but I went with Pouncey. We've seen many times over the past few years interior lineman making a big impact as a rookie. Pouncey clearly has the most ability. Yanda is solid all around but I think Pouncey will step in a be a really good player from day one.

BmoreBlackByrdz
06-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Hate to say it but I went with Pouncey. We've seen many times over the past few years interior lineman making a big impact as a rookie. Pouncey clearly has the most ability. Yanda is solid all around but I think Pouncey will step in a be a really good player from day one.

I can't see how you vote for a guy who's never played a down in the NFL before, based on other rookie performances in the past.

wonderbredd24
06-02-2010, 09:24 PM
It'd make more sense if everyone else was awful, but Marshal Yanda is a good lineman. I think Andrew Whitworth is superior, but it's not like Yanda is some mediocre guy being put in there for a lack of options just like with Heath Miller.

TACKLE
06-03-2010, 12:03 AM
I can't see how you vote for a guy who's never played a down in the NFL before, based on other rookie performances in the past.

So a rookie can't be the best player in the division at his position? Pouncey is going to be a really good lineman and I think he is going to be the best RG in the division this year. All I'm saying is some positions are easier to have an impact as a rookie. Guard/Center has proven to be one in the same way it is difficult for WR's to have immediate success. Even if there's a WR who's a great talent player, we don't expect that player to be very productive as a rookie because we know it is difficult for WR's to make a quick transition based off the rookie performances of players in the past. If there's a guard or center who has the talent to be the best in the division, it is much easier for that player to make a quick transition to the NFL.

K Train
06-03-2010, 07:55 AM
even elite prospects that flop as left and right tackles can usually make an immediate impact as a guard. pouncey is an elite interior lineman, they hit more than they miss when you consider all the high draft picks at guard and center. if you get taken in the first round, especially top 15 you are usually a pretty sure fire prospect as an interior lineman. certainly theres going to be exceptions, and not all end up as elite but most end up as above average. if i had to make a team here today of the best players at all positions in the AFC north i think id be able to roll the dice on a rookie at the RG spot. hell if hes gonna play next to joe thomas, ben grubbs, alex mack and (gaither?) he could even suck and be successful, but its not unheard of out of this world to maybe pick a guy that has elite potential over someone who may just be solid...just sayin.

yanda is gonna win anyway, but it might have been worth a discussion imo

Pat Sims 90
06-03-2010, 02:11 PM
even elite prospects that flop as left and right tackles can usually make an immediate impact as a guard. pouncey is an elite interior lineman, they hit more than they miss when you consider all the high draft picks at guard and center. if you get taken in the first round, especially top 15 you are usually a pretty sure fire prospect as an interior lineman. certainly theres going to be exceptions, and not all end up as elite but most end up as above average. if i had to make a team here today of the best players at all positions in the AFC north i think id be able to roll the dice on a rookie at the RG spot. hell if hes gonna play next to joe thomas, ben grubbs, alex mack and (gaither?) he could even suck and be successful, but its not unheard of out of this world to maybe pick a guy that has elite potential over someone who may just be solid...just sayin.

yanda is gonna win anyway, but it might have been worth a discussion imo

Yea ur saying he has potential but he has yet to prove that he can live up to that potential. Hell Gresham has the potential to be a Top 5 TE but i am not saying that he can contend with Heath Miller or Todd Heap or even Ben Watson at this point because he has yet to prove it on the field. Pouncey could end up being average at best. To compare a Rookie to a Veteran right now and vote to say he is better then a veteran that has proven that he can be a solid player as to a Rookie who just has potential now and has not shown anything is just a joke. Pouncey has the ability to be a Star RG or C but i am not going to take a Solid player over someone that has potential to be a Pro Bowl Player.

trkaline
06-03-2010, 02:38 PM
Yea ur saying he has potential but he has yet to prove that he can live up to that potential. Hell Gresham has the potential to be a Top 5 TE but i am not saying that he can contend with Heath Miller or Todd Heap or even Ben Watson at this point because he has yet to prove it on the field. Pouncey could end up being average at best. To compare a Rookie to a Veteran right now and vote to say he is better then a veteran that has proven that he can be a solid player as to a Rookie who just has potential now and has not shown anything is just a joke. Pouncey has the ability to be a Star RG or C but i am not going to take a Solid player over someone that has potential to be a Pro Bowl Player.

My thoughts put into words...

K Train
06-03-2010, 03:24 PM

im not saying your wrong but ive seen pouncey stone wall enough SEC linemen that im a believer....i mean its not THAT farfetched to think he might be a star enough to vote for him, i knew he wasnt gonna win but i showed him some love. yanda deserves to win, for now

Pat Sims 90
06-03-2010, 04:27 PM
im not saying your wrong but ive seen pouncey stone wall enough SEC linemen that im a believer....i mean its not THAT farfetched to think he might be a star enough to vote for him, i knew he wasnt gonna win but i showed him some love. yanda deserves to win, for now

There is a big difference bewteen College DL then NFL DL. NFL DL are bigger, faster, and Stronger. Tim Tebow destroyed SEC Defenses that does not mean he will come into the league and Tear up NFL Denfenses. Big Difference bewteen College no matter what postion you play.

themaninblack
06-05-2010, 05:08 PM
Whitworth should play RG or move over to LG and swap with whoever won that one. If were gonna try and get all the best players on the field, that is.