PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Fantasy Football Discussion/Help Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Hines
06-04-2010, 01:33 PM
Fantasy Football has come upon us, and we need a discussion thread! All trade help, start 'em/sit 'em, etc goes in this thread!

49erNation85
06-04-2010, 04:34 PM
I'm down for a league to get into online over at NFL . com is any one here putting one on there . hit me up with a message .

FlyingElvis
06-16-2010, 12:25 PM
You're starting earlier each year . . . I think you have a problem.

Hines
06-25-2010, 01:09 PM
Here's a team that I have in a Yahoo league that I did:

QB: Rodgers/Henne
RB: MoJo/Beanie/Charles
WR: Calvin Johnson/Sims-Walker/Harvin/Mike Wallace
TE: Finley/Heath Miller
K: Janikowski/Reed
DEF: Pittsburgh/Giants

The_Dude
06-27-2010, 09:22 PM
You're starting earlier each year . . . I think you have a problem.

C'mon Elvis, you know that fantasy football season never ends when you are in a dynasty league.... or 3.

FlyingElvis
06-28-2010, 11:26 AM
C'mon Elvis, you know that fantasy football season never ends when you are in a dynasty league.... or 3.

pfffft . . . amateur.

no dynasty leagues for me and it still never ends.

;)

my 3 $$$ are all keeper leagues, though.

farfromforgotten
06-30-2010, 12:05 PM
I joined a 16 team Dynasty League on Yahoo! 5 managers left from last year, so they put all of their players into a draft pool and had me and the 4 other new managers do a 5 team draft the other night. This is what I ended up with: (We had to pick all players at this point, a few guys are retired)

QB Chad Henne
QB Kurt Warner

RB Jonathan Stewart
RB Fred Jackson
RB Brian Westbrook
RB Willie Parker
RB Kahlil Bell

WR Larry Fitzgerald
WR Vincent Jackson
WR Dwayne Bowe
WR Darrius Heyward-Bey

TE John Carlson
TE Greg Olsen
TE Jeremy Shockey

D Denver
D N.Y. Giants

A few things about the league scoring/settings:

Start - QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, RB/WR, D

QBs - 25 yards = 1 pt, TD pass = 4 pts, INT = -1 pt, BONUS at 350 yards = 5 pts

RBs/WRs/TEs - 10 yard RUSH/REC = 1 pt, TD = 6 pts, CATCH = .5 pt, BONUS at 150 yards RUSH or REC = 5 pts

30 Return Yards = 1 pt

I feel really good about my WRs. RBs not so much. I do have the 2nd overall pick in the upcoming Free Agent/Rookie Draft.

I have just been offered a trade. Drew Brees for Dwayne Bowe and my 2nd overall pick. Looks like Brees can dominate in this league, but with that 2nd overall pick I will be able to get Dez Bryant or Spiller/Best since I figure Ryan Matthews will go 1st.

What do you all think I should do? I like Henne and I'm high on him in the future. This is Drew Brees though. Thanks!

zachsaints52
06-30-2010, 12:18 PM
Get Brees. Thank me later.

Shane P. Hallam
06-30-2010, 12:20 PM
Get Brees. Thank me later.

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/user_photos/1024884/feature_MaddenCurse2_fullsize.jpg

bsaza2358
06-30-2010, 12:34 PM
How many rounds is the expansion draft? You should at the very least counter and try to get another draft pick out of it. However, Brees is a really nice piece. The big issue here is that your RB's are kind of poopoo, forcing you to then trade for RB help. Not to say that Spiller or Best will definitely help that much. Just saying that you have a pretty obvious weakness.

farfromforgotten
06-30-2010, 01:07 PM
Yeah, I know that my RBs are weak. There honestly weren't many backs to choose from and since this league starts 3 WRs and gives .5 per catch I felt pretty good getting 3 #1 WRs. I don't know how many rounds the rookie/free agent draft is, I need to find out. I think 5?

Thanks for the replies, fellas.

bsaza2358
06-30-2010, 01:09 PM
I think you should try to extract an extra draft pick out of this. The #2 rookie RB is worth a lot. Brees is a really nice get, but you should try to pry another draft pick. Why? Why not?

farfromforgotten
06-30-2010, 01:32 PM
Oh, I agree. That was my initial thought as well if I were going to do this. Thanks.

FlyingElvis
06-30-2010, 02:45 PM
Damn. What other QBs does he have that he's giving up Breesus?

I agree you should push for a return draft pick. 3rd round, maybe? My only hesitation would stem from the fact that you don't have a very competitive team and will need at least a year to be any good. Brees may set you back a bit and that #2 overall will probably make the team giving up Brees even more dominant.

Any idea what kind of non-rookie talent is back in the pool?

bsaza2358
06-30-2010, 03:15 PM
I would almost stand pat at this juncture. The guy is giving you a pretty tantalizing offer, but who knows whether it's worth it? I'm not a dynasty expert or even familiar with the setup. Still, you're paying a pretty steep price by not drafting in the first round. You're basically not going to get any more players until pick #31 overall. That's a pretty huge price to pay, even for a top 3 QB. You should consult someone who really knows his stuff. I think the deal looks better on paper than in reality.

Shane P. Hallam
06-30-2010, 03:19 PM
I joined a 16 team Dynasty League on Yahoo! 5 managers left from last year, so they put all of their players into a draft pool and had me and the 4 other new managers do a 5 team draft the other night. This is what I ended up with: (We had to pick all players at this point, a few guys are retired)

QB Chad Henne
QB Kurt Warner

RB Jonathan Stewart
RB Fred Jackson
RB Brian Westbrook
RB Willie Parker
RB Kahlil Bell

WR Larry Fitzgerald
WR Vincent Jackson
WR Dwayne Bowe
WR Darrius Heyward-Bey

TE John Carlson
TE Greg Olsen
TE Jeremy Shockey

D Denver
D N.Y. Giants

A few things about the league scoring/settings:

Start - QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, RB/WR, D

QBs - 25 yards = 1 pt, TD pass = 4 pts, INT = -1 pt, BONUS at 350 yards = 5 pts

RBs/WRs/TEs - 10 yard RUSH/REC = 1 pt, TD = 6 pts, CATCH = .5 pt, BONUS at 150 yards RUSH or REC = 5 pts

30 Return Yards = 1 pt

I feel really good about my WRs. RBs not so much. I do have the 2nd overall pick in the upcoming Free Agent/Rookie Draft.

I have just been offered a trade. Drew Brees for Dwayne Bowe and my 2nd overall pick. Looks like Brees can dominate in this league, but with that 2nd overall pick I will be able to get Dez Bryant or Spiller/Best since I figure Ryan Matthews will go 1st.

What do you all think I should do? I like Henne and I'm high on him in the future. This is Drew Brees though. Thanks!

But yes, take that and run with it. No reason to counter offer. Take it before he figures it out.

fenikz
07-03-2010, 11:01 AM
Would you rather keep Antonio Bryant or Laurence Maroney, PPR, same keeper price

FlyingElvis
07-04-2010, 07:49 PM
Bryant. He's definitely taking the #2 spot and will be on the field most of the time. Maroney has way too much competition. And I'm officially still on the "Maroney will make it happen" bandwagon, regardless of how unreasonable that may be.

marshallb
07-12-2010, 07:33 PM
I just did a mock on ESPN 12 teams, I picked from the #7 spot.

QB: Eli Manning | Roethlisberger
RB: S Jax | DeAngelo | Benson | Leon Washington
WR: Ochocinco | Harvin | Nicks | D. Henderson | Manningham
TE: Daniels | Olsen
D/ST: Vikings | Patriots
K: Rackers

I think the team is alright, not great, but not bad. I wasn't intending to get 3 RBs with my first 3 picks, but when all the WRs went in front of me in the 2nd I decided to take DeAngelo instead of D Jax or Miles, and then Benson was too good to pass up on in the 3rd especially when Colston and Jennings just got taken. I didn't plan on waiting for Eli, but QBs were flying off the board in the 4th and early 5th, and then Flacco and Cutler went just in front of me in the 6th and 7th rounds so I decided to take some guys at WR and TE in Harvin, Nicks, and Daniels. I ended up being happy that I took those 3 RBs early after seeing that Leon was the best option in the 9th. Roethlisberger seemed like a solid option in the 10th to either mix and match with Eli or to take over for Eli after his suspension is up. After that it was just filling my roster with a couple D/STs, a K, a couple potential WRs guys and a backup TE.

What do you guys think of this team, and where should I look at changing things up for the real deal?

zachsaints52
07-12-2010, 07:41 PM
WR: Ochocinco | Harvin | Nicks | D. Henderson | Manningham
a couple potential WRs guys

I dont see potiential, I see results. As a whole I like the group even though you don't have a one guy wholl dominate. Harvin, Nicks, and Devery are all first or second options on the passing games of those teams, and I say Manningham 4th behind Smith/Boss/Nicks,

LonghornsLegend
07-12-2010, 07:51 PM
I own Andre Johnson in one Dynasty, and I'm looking to shop him since the league hasn't adopted ppr and I think Andre can be a big over-valued in standard scoring leagues because he's really not a TD monster.

Offer is my Andre Johnson, Jeremy Maclin and a 2010 4th for Greg Jennings, Hakeem Nicks, Ramses Barden, Jarrett Dillard, and a 2010 2nd. It's tough to say who'll be there but there is a big pool of FA guys because some teams were thrown in since we went down from 12 to 10 from too much turnover.

Here is my roster(notables):

QB: Jay Cutler
RB: Chris Johnson/MJD/ Felix Jones
WR: Andre Johnson/Brandon Marshall/Miles Austin/Jeremy Maclin/Mike Williams(TB)
TE: Jermichael Finley

We also start two RB's, 3 WR's, and a RB/WR/TE flex. My only other major trade was moving my 1.08 and Mike Wallace for Miles Austin and 3.05. Guys like Deangelo Williams, Greg Jennings, Knowshon Moreno, and Dallas Clark were 1st rd FA picks and Driver and Ricky Williams were 2nd rders just to give an idea of what was available.

Just not sure if I'm not getting enough for Andre, or if it's worth taking. I like Nicks more then Maclin becuase he can be more of a traditional #1 WR, Jennings has more potential to score more TD's IMO and is alot younger, and I still like Dillard and Barden longterm.

zachsaints52
07-12-2010, 07:54 PM
I would say try and get another TE and QB if your trying to get rid of Andre.

marshallb
07-12-2010, 07:59 PM
I dont see potiential, I see results. As a whole I like the group even though you don't have a one guy wholl dominate. Harvin, Nicks, and Devery are all first or second options on the passing games of those teams, and I say Manningham 4th behind Smith/Boss/Nicks,

That's kind of what I meant by that, I don't have any guys who I could really trust there, but several of those guys could put up very good seasons. Plus with Harvin and Nicks, both are entering their second years, and could really jump out this year. The thing I like about all of them is that they are on either above average or elite offenses.

fenikz
07-12-2010, 08:06 PM
12 Team Non-PPR, Normal Points, 1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 1 Flex 1 D/ST 1 K

how'd i do

QB
Matt Ryan ATL
Chad Henne Mia

RB
Adrian Peterson Min
Joseph Addai Ind
Brandon Jacobs NYG
Jahvid Best Det
Darren McFadden Oak
Fred Jackson Buf

WR
Miles Austin Dal
Calvin Johnson Det
Wes Welker NE
Austin Collie Ind
Devin Aromashodu Chi

TE
Antonio Gates SD

D/ST
49ers

K
Jay Feeley AZ

zachsaints52
07-12-2010, 08:13 PM

how'd i do

QB
Matt Ryan ATL
Chad Henne Mia

RB
Adrian Peterson Min
Joseph Addai Ind
Brandon Jacobs NYG
Jahvid Best Det
Darren McFadden Oak
Fred Jackson Buf

WR
Miles Austin Dal
Calvin Johnson Det
Wes Welker NE
Austin Collie Ind
Devin Aromashodu Chi

TE
Antonio Gates SD

D/ST
49ers

K
Jay Feeley AZ

In a 12 team league I would say this is a very very nice team.

LonghornsLegend
07-12-2010, 08:35 PM

how'd i do

QB
Matt Ryan ATL
Chad Henne Mia

RB
Adrian Peterson Min
Joseph Addai Ind
Brandon Jacobs NYG
Jahvid Best Det
Darren McFadden Oak
Fred Jackson Buf

WR
Miles Austin Dal
Calvin Johnson Det
Wes Welker NE
Austin Collie Ind
Devin Aromashodu Chi

TE
Antonio Gates SD

D/ST
49ers

K
Jay Feeley AZ

Aromashodu is a good boom or bust pick as a WR3, but if he doesn't pan out you may have to plug in some WW guys early on until Welker is back. Being that u can roll with a flex, I'd start 3 RB's and keep Best starting over a 3rd WR especially early on. Team looks good enough to compete each week.

gpngc
07-12-2010, 09:53 PM
^I think you may end up trading a RB for a WR. D-Mac, Best, and Jacobs all have the potential to perform like RB2s.

Question: Should I make a new thread about NCAA Fantasy Football or just ask my questions in this thread?

Well here are the questions...

PPR league, only BCS conferences and independents.

-Who are your sleepers?
-Who do you think will score 13+ touchdowns this year?
-What RB can catch 35+ passes while still rushing for over 800 yards?
-Which receivers will catch over 75 passes?
-What to make of the Virginia Tech RB situation? The Syracuse RB situation?
-Basically, sell to me a guy who is going to break out statistically this season... Allen Bradford? Mario Fannin?

I have the 5th pick in my draft. Who do I target?

My big board right now is...
01. Quiz Rodgers
02. Noel Devine
03. DeMarco Murray - why did he only get 144 carries last year?
04. Michael Floyd - what about Crist?
05. Baron Batch - best receiving RB behind Quiz.

I left off Todman from UConn because wtf is that and LaMichael James because they have a million awesome young RBs behind him and no Masoli.

So what do you you all have to help me?

zachsaints52
07-12-2010, 09:56 PM
You think Richardson will cut alot of production from Ingram then?

gpngc
07-12-2010, 09:58 PM
You think Richardson will cut alot of production from Ingram then?

I just like Trent Richardson more so I would never take Ingram.

gpngc
07-12-2010, 11:39 PM
^I think you may end up trading a RB for a WR. D-Mac, Best, and Jacobs all have the potential to perform like RB2s.

Question: Should I make a new thread about NCAA Fantasy Football or just ask my questions in this thread?

Well here are the questions...

PPR league, only BCS conferences and independents.

-Who are your sleepers?
-Who do you think will score 13+ touchdowns this year?
-What RB can catch 35+ passes while still rushing for over 800 yards?
-Which receivers will catch over 75 passes?
-What to make of the Virginia Tech RB situation? The Syracuse RB situation?
-Basically, sell to me a guy who is going to break out statistically this season... Allen Bradford? Mario Fannin?

I have the 5th pick in my draft. Who do I target?

My big board right now is...
01. Quiz Rodgers
02. Noel Devine
03. DeMarco Murray - why did he only get 144 carries last year?
04. Michael Floyd - what about Crist?
05. Baron Batch - best receiving RB behind Quiz.

I left off Todman from UConn because wtf is that and LaMichael James because they have a million awesome young RBs behind him and no Masoli.

So what do you you all have to help me?

Bump.

And also, how will the loss of Mike Leach affect the Texas Tech offensive skill players?

FlyingElvis
07-13-2010, 09:59 AM
marshallb:
Not flashy, but solid. Flashy doesn't always win, anyway. I'd say you have dependable production across the board and that is always more important to your chances of winning a title.

WR is obviously the thin spot at this point, but I really like Cincy to put up big points this year. If Benson gets suspended it will be big points for the passing game without hurting your rushing attack. You could easily trade away a top RB (DWill?) late in the season and enjoy Cincy's matchups agains the higly touted rush D's of Cleveland and San Diego.

LL:
In a dynasty league (which I don't do, so take it with a grain of salt) I would say push for the round one pick. Even if you bump your offer of a 4th to a 3rd, it's worth it since those top picks are really the only highly valuable ones.

Basically, you're saying you think Andre is over valued but don't seem to be pushing that value enough. Jennings is under valued and I'd say Maclin & Nicks are on par with each other, though I agree with your logic on Nicks having the best chance of becoming a true #1 in NY. I like the idea of selling high on Andre in a non-ppr league, overall. Balls to the wall . . .

Fenikz:
Sick, sick team. 2 breakout ready QBs and I love Collie as the new Stokely. I'd be very happy with that roster.

sbh15
07-13-2010, 05:22 PM
just swapped one of my 3 seconds to a guy for felix jones, lotta people calling him for a breakout year...

made a deal with the same guy earlier in the off-season w/ chris wells, this basically amounted to

i send:
chris wells
2nd rd, 15th pick

i get:
felix jones
2nd rd, 6th pick

now i have
schaub
cutler
addai
jones
nicks
harvin

i can keep five, and keep in mind there's a qb spot and op (offensive player) so i can start both qbs... who do i keep? i was thinking about trying to do addai+nicks for a better player

LonghornsLegend
07-14-2010, 03:42 AM
LL:
In a dynasty league (which I don't do, so take it with a grain of salt) I would say push for the round one pick. Even if you bump your offer of a 4th to a 3rd, it's worth it since those top picks are really the only highly valuable ones.

Basically, you're saying you think Andre is over valued but don't seem to be pushing that value enough. Jennings is under valued and I'd say Maclin & Nicks are on par with each other, though I agree with your logic on Nicks having the best chance of becoming a true #1 in NY. I like the idea of selling high on Andre in a non-ppr league, overall. Balls to the wall . . .

I declined that trade, and ended up going another route which the owner accepted.

Andre Johnson/3rd rd rookie pick 2010/2nd rd 2011 rookie pick/Early Doucet/Jordy Nelson

for

Roddy White/Jamaal Charles/2011 4th rder

This way I still have 3 #1 WR's to start with Roddy, Austin, and Marshall. And I upgrade my 3rd RB from Felix Jones to Jamaal Charles who I really like. I'll always be able to keep 3 RB's starting even on bye weeks.

Again, being that it's non ppr I feel like getting Charles for the slight downgrade from AJ to Roddy was worth it. I had enough depth to throw in guys like Doucet and Nelson without much trouble.

Initially I just asked for Crabtree and Charles straight up for AJ, maybe that wasn't enough not sure, but he opted against that and we ended up with this. Makes me more competitive next year and moving back a few rounds isn't all that bad.

FlyingElvis
07-14-2010, 09:54 AM
just swapped one of my 3 seconds to a guy for felix jones, lotta people calling him for a breakout year...

now i have
schaub
cutler
addai
jones
nicks
harvin

In general, I don't really like Addai since he's in his final year and will have questionable keeper value if he's shipped out of Indy, so he's the least valuable long-term, imo.

I like Felix better than Wells, and I like the idea of moving Addai & Nicks for one player you like better.

But much of this disccussion depends on your keeper format (cost a pick or free?) and your scoring format, as Addai's value is much greater in ppr.

I declined that trade, and ended up going another route which the owner accepted.

Andre Johnson/3rd rd rookie pick 2010/2nd rd 2011 rookie pick/Early Doucet/Jordy Nelson

for

Roddy White/Jamaal Charles/2011 4th rder

I like the value of White & Charles but I think you got raped. You gave up 2 picks - both earlier than the one you received in return? Again, I'm not in any dynasty leagues so I could be a bit off on values, but that's my 1st impression.

sbh15
07-17-2010, 07:40 PM
In general, I don't really like Addai since he's in his final year and will have questionable keeper value if he's shipped out of Indy, so he's the least valuable long-term, imo.

I like Felix better than Wells, and I like the idea of moving Addai & Nicks for one player you like better.

But much of this disccussion depends on your keeper format (cost a pick or free?) and your scoring format, as Addai's value is much greater in ppr.

yep, the league is ppr, but keepers are free. we all get 5 offensive and 5 defensive.

i'm trying to find some teams strapped for keepers... so far i've offered addai+nicks for randy moss as well as the same offer for fitz... don't know if i'll get a bite on just that, but maybe with picks.

OSUGiants17
07-18-2010, 09:53 AM
just had my 16 team draft yesterday. I had pick 3 and took MJD. Here is the rest of my team:
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff245/OSUGiants/FantasyTeam.png

thenewfeature06
07-18-2010, 09:59 AM
Not a bad team with it being a 16 team draft haha. MJD will get his, Shaub has arguabely the best wideout in the game with the Jets D and a WR core of Dez, Crab and Mike Wallace whos production will probably rise as well. Lendale isn't even on a team I don't think but you do have Brandon Tattttttttttttte. Good for you.

OSUGiants17
07-18-2010, 10:05 AM
^ lol, thank you. And I didn't draft Lendel, I left to eat dinner and it took White and Deji Karim

Jughead10
07-19-2010, 12:08 AM
Ok this is for a 10 team keeper league. Pretty standard scoring. Except no PPR and QB passing TDs are 6 points and not 4. I get 3 keepers without any penalty. One of which is without a doubt going to be Adrian Peterson. So between these remaining players. I get to keep 2:

Tom Brady
Ryan Grant
Rashard Mendenhall
Larry Fitzgerald
Anquan Boldin
Brandon Marshall

Of course I have to keep an ear on who others in my league are holding onto and what position looks deep in round 1 after the keepers. But who you guys got for me? I'm pretty torn on my third keeper. I can only start 2 RBs.

LonghornsLegend
07-19-2010, 12:43 AM
I would keep Fitzgerald and Marshall in that scenario personally, unless you can start 3 RB's then I may opt for Grant or Mendenhall. Still though, I think both of those WR's are more elite players then the RB's left.

FlyingElvis
07-19-2010, 11:51 AM
Ok this is for a 10 team keeper league. Pretty standard scoring. Except no PPR and QB passing TDs are 6 points and not 4. I get 3 keepers without any penalty. One of which is without a doubt going to be Adrian Peterson. So between these remaining players. I get to keep 2:

Tom Brady
Ryan Grant
Rashard Mendenhall
Larry Fitzgerald
Anquan Boldin
Brandon Marshall

Of course I have to keep an ear on who others in my league are holding onto and what position looks deep in round 1 after the keepers. But who you guys got for me? I'm pretty torn on my third keeper. I can only start 2 RBs.

AP & Fitz are the two clear, 100% elite studs. The third guy is definitely a major dilemma.

Marshall appears to be a stud, but is much better suited to PPR than standard. Mendy is a young & rising RB on a solid team and RBs are at a premium in non-ppr format. Brady is a top 5 QB year to year and you get the 6 point TDs, making QBs even more important in standard scoring.

My immediate answer is Brady b/c it gives you a dependable, top notch player at each of the 3 main positions. It also frees you up to take the best available talent in the draft, where Mendy might have you passing on a good RB b/c you "have 2 starters at RB."

But there needs to be an assessment of keepers. Will the QBs be back in for redraft? Brady's value goes down, if so. Will there be a shortage of RBs or WRs, making Mendy v. Marshall more clear?

Also, how long do you get to keep players? In a league that allows you to keep 3 indefinitely I would lean more towards the younger guys - Mendy/BMarsh - instead of Brady b/c he's older and has questionable status for himself, Moss and Welker.

marshallb
07-19-2010, 12:05 PM
AP & Fitz are the two clear, 100% elite studs. The third guy is definitely a major dilemma.

Marshall appears to be a stud, but is much better suited to PPR than standard. Mendy is a young & rising RB on a solid team and RBs are at a premium in non-ppr format. Brady is a top 5 QB year to year and you get the 6 point TDs, making QBs even more important in standard scoring.

My immediate answer is Brady b/c it gives you a dependable, top notch player at each of the 3 main positions. It also frees you up to take the best available talent in the draft, where Mendy might have you passing on a good RB b/c you "have 2 starters at RB."

But there needs to be an assessment of keepers. Will the QBs be back in for redraft? Brady's value goes down, if so. Will there be a shortage of RBs or WRs, making Mendy v. Marshall more clear?

Also, how long do you get to keep players? In a league that allows you to keep 3 indefinitely I would lean more towards the younger guys - Mendy/BMarsh - instead of Brady b/c he's older and has questionable status for himself, Moss and Welker.

Well said, I would have said pretty much the same thing. I'd go AP and Fitz and then between Mendenhall, BMarsh, and Brady I'd say it's pretty much a toss up and it all depends on who the rest of your league plans on keeping. I personally would lean towards Brady b/c of the 6 points per TD pass and the fact that it allows you to be very open with your first round pick, but neither of the other 2 would be a bad choice at all.

Jughead10
07-19-2010, 12:20 PM

Unlimited keepers. I can keep these guys forever. It's hard to get a beat on who is being kept because I'm the commisioner. And as commisioner I submit my keepers first because everyone submits them to me, and I don't want people thinking I'm making my decisions based on the keepers that are being submitted.

FlyingElvis
07-19-2010, 03:24 PM
Unlimited keepers. I can keep these guys forever. It's hard to get a beat on who is being kept because I'm the commisioner. And as commisioner I submit my keepers first because everyone submits them to me, and I don't want people thinking I'm making my decisions based on the keepers that are being submitted.

Man, that really makes it tougher. Obviously I'm a Brady homer, but he would have been the better keeper in a short term format. Permanent keepers . . . you really have to like a younger guy.

Personally, I would still have a hard time dropping him for a RB like Mendy. Dwyer will certainly cut in at least a little bit and, more importantly, in the long run Brady may have an equal number of years left compared to Mendy. RBs just have such a short shelf life.

BMarsh is good, young, and nothing but trouble. Having a run first team and a question mark at QB (even though I like Henne) makes him a tough keep over Brady.

+rep for commendable ethics as commish. ;)

LonghornsLegend
07-19-2010, 03:40 PM

I like the value of White & Charles but I think you got raped. You gave up 2 picks - both earlier than the one you received in return? Again, I'm not in any dynasty leagues so I could be a bit off on values, but that's my 1st impression.

I moved back 1 round nxt yr, and I had a few 2nds this year so I did give up 1 of those 2nds this year. But the difference between Roddy and AJ in non ppr leagues is minimal, ppg was less then 2 pts of a difference on a week to week basis. The fact that I could get Charles who looks to be moving into that "stud" RB category, in a league that starts 3 backs was well worth giving up a 2nd rd pick for.

Now I have him as a flex with MJD & CJ and Felix is on the bench starting on bye weeks. I look at it like I got Charles for a 2nd rd pick and 1 round of a move back which is very little. Those rookie picks are crap shoots, but if Charles has a big time season it'll make me 10x better then before with 3 RB's who could/should finish top 10 and 3 top 7 WR's.

FlyingElvis
07-20-2010, 12:19 PM
I really like Charles this year but he's still a total unknown. I just don't see the big sale on AJ's talent and perceived value, that's all. Like you, I'd rather have Charles and White instead of AJ.

IDK, I guess I'm not really thinking about the long term keep value involved in dynasty. Charles & White are both younger, less injury prone, and growing up with young offensive teams.

sbh15
07-21-2010, 02:03 PM
i posted this a while ago in a different thread, but i thought i'd try again now that it's more relevant...

I figured I'd post this here first to gauge interest, though it may be a bit early...

I was thinking of starting up a league for next season, and making it actually like an NFL fantasy league. It would be primarily run outside of whatever site the games are played out on, and I'll explain why.

The inaugural draft would be an auction draft, and each team would start out with X amount of dollars. I'm thinking 12-16 teams. Anyway, that X amount would be your salary cap for the first year, and all trades/waiver pick ups would have to fit in with the cap. Cuts would be made without penalty and that player's "salary" would be taken off of your budget. Waiver pickups would be processed each week, with each player going to the highest bidder.

The league would be a dynasty league (keep players you want, cut ones you don't) with a rookie draft. Before the draft however, would be "free agency" in which teams can drop players to make room for rookies (who would have base salaries based on pick, instead of an auction draft). In free agency, players would again go to the highest bidder.

Since it's a dynasty league, the problem of a team being stacked with young talent might arise, and they could win the championship every year. However, I was thinking there could be some sort of system that makes the budget of the winningest teams more tight, and gives the worst teams more flexibility.

It's really all just floating around in my hear right now, but if anyone is interested and would be willing to help run and clean up the idea with me, then just let me know.

FlyingElvis
07-21-2010, 02:13 PM
An interesting idea.

Maybe have a "salary figure" that rises for players based on performance? ex: Peterson has a relatively low figure in his rookie year but it rises after he sets the league on fire. Similarly, CJ2K has his salary figure hiked after his monster season last year.

Or you could apply an increase to salaries on players based on one (or more) of several factors:

- Top 5 scorers at each position
- Top producers on each team
- Players on the roster of playoff teams
- Scaled increase across the board

. . . . ?? not sure if some of those might give too much advantage to the non-playoff teams, though.

zachsaints52
07-21-2010, 02:24 PM
The worse you do the more money you get on the offseason to offset the losing? Then youd have more money on the FA's and all, but that really doesn't help with a young team dynasty.

gpngc
07-21-2010, 02:25 PM
1st pick in my main league (PPR) - sell me on one of the following.

Adrian Peterson
Ray Rice
Chris Johnson

FlyingElvis
07-21-2010, 02:48 PM
CJ2K scored 392.9 points last season in ppr (at least in my league, which I'm using for reference.)

Since you omitted MJD (WHY!??!?!) I have to move to the #3 fantasy scorer in ppr: Ray Rice, with 324.1 points.

392.9 - 324.1 = 68.8
68.8 / 16 = 4.3

CJ2K scored a whopping 4.3 points more PER GAME compared to Rice & AP. Even if we assume he can't match last year's performance, he can put up a "pedestrian" 330 and still be the top scorer in all of fantasy.

The only reason I would hestitate on CJ is now gone. His contract issues have been placated. He is the clear choice at #1. In PPR it's not even close.

gpngc
07-21-2010, 10:12 PM
^That's all just stating what happened last year.

If it were that simple, of course I'd take CJ2K lol.

Chris Johnson
No need to talk about the positives - we all know what they are. Here are some of my question marks...

-Historically speaking, no one has ever run for 1500 yards, let alone 2000, after reaching 2000 the year before.

-He's viewed as a better receiving option than Peterson, but AD actually only had about 50 less receiving yards last year, has seen his rec. totals increase each year, and is now the probable 3rd-down back who could pick up the catches that left with Chester Taylor in Chicago.

-The Titans ran CJ2K a ton last year - more than a team with a normal situation would have. Because of his chase for 2000, the Titans gave him carries he normally wouldn't have gotten (garbage time against STL and SEA come to mind). Their goals in order were to A) win and B) get CJ to 2K. That mentality won't repeat.

Adrian Peterson
AD has been remarkably consistent, but us draftniks still remember his injury woes at OU. Was the collarbone a freak injury? I want to say probably. Or is it just a matter of time before he's bit by the injury bug in the NFL? With Favre surely in the fold again, the team thinks (knows?) it can win now - they'll run him and use him on 3rd down this year. His floor (assuming he plays all 16) for each category is 1100, 10, 30 rec. Considering Favre threw 33 touchdowns last year, projecting 23 for Favre and AD improving from 18 to 20+ is not much of a stretch.

Ray Rice
We know he'll likely approach 80 receptions, could come near 2000 yards from scrimmage and could see a bump in touchdowns, but I have one glaring question.

-Willis McGahee is only 28 and LeRon McClain is an above average goalline back. Both of these players will likely take a backseat to Rice in between the 20's, but they are best used near the end zone. Has McClain really become a full-fledged, three-TD-a-year blocking FB? Projecting McGahee for less than the 14 TDs he got last year is fine, and Rice will probably finish between 9-12 total TDs, but is 40 more catches really worth passing on possible 18-22 TDs (AD, maybe CJ2K) for someone who may or may not find pay dirt 12 times? For the record, I think Rice is the safest pick.

There is my take. People all say it's a great problem to have but I'm way more nervous than I should be. I'd take the #3 pick over #1 any day of the week this year.

Anyone shed some light on this? Please??!?!?!!??!

zachsaints52
07-21-2010, 10:16 PM
Your right, it is a tough chioce being #1 pick this year. You really can't go wrong with them, but doing you think switching Oher and Gaither will affect Rice much?

gpngc
07-21-2010, 10:28 PM
Your right, it is a tough chioce being #1 pick this year. You really can't go wrong with them, but doing you think switching Oher and Gaither will affect Rice much?

Good point. I don't know what the turnover for the OLs for each of those teams will be. I haven't gotten a preseason magazine yet. Titans, Ravens, Vikings fans??????

Also, here are their schedules for the playoffs...

Week 14
TEN vs. IND
BAL @ HOU
MIN vs. NYG

Week 15
TEN vs. HOU
BAL vs. NO
MIN vs. CHI

Week 16
TEN @ KC
BAL @ CLE
MIN @ PHI

Literally not one of those defenses (or rush defenses) scares me at all. Am I wrong? Should I be scared of @PHI or vs. NYG? Are the Browns or Chiefs improved up the middle?

zachsaints52
07-21-2010, 10:36 PM
Mawae is gone so Leroy Harris is starter, the switch of Oher/Gaither, and Minny has no changed

And Shaun Rogers should be back for Cleveland, and KC has another year for their 3-4 so who knows.

sbh15
07-22-2010, 02:06 AM
An interesting idea.

Maybe have a "salary figure" that rises for players based on performance? ex: Peterson has a relatively low figure in his rookie year but it rises after he sets the league on fire. Similarly, CJ2K has his salary figure hiked after his monster season last year.

Or you could apply an increase to salaries on players based on one (or more) of several factors:

- Top 5 scorers at each position
- Top producers on each team
- Players on the roster of playoff teams
- Scaled increase across the board

. . . . ?? not sure if some of those might give too much advantage to the non-playoff teams, though.

i was thinking about something like this...

a player's minimum salary is 10% of his last season's point total...

so say player a gets 350 points * .10 = $35 value.

with a cap space around 200, that team would have to take pay cuts elsewhere to keep that player on the team.

if they don't resign him, the bidding starts somewhere around $10 lower than the minimum resign salary and he goes to the highest bidder.

depending on the amount of roster spots, this could work

FlyingElvis
07-22-2010, 08:49 AM
^That's all just stating what happened last year.

If it were that simple, of course I'd take CJ2K lol.

"Even if we assume he can't match last year's performance, he can put up a "pedestrian" 330 and still be the top scorer in all of fantasy."

CJ2K is too high a percentage of the Titans offense to face a major drop off in production. Their Oline is top 5 in the league even with the loss of Mawae, who is not on a team yet. That should tell you all you need to know about the affect his departure has on that line.

Minnesota's online has been declining. Peterson has way more competition for touches and Favre will always audible to a pass play. In ~50 less touches AP dropped the rock twice as much as CJ, too. So add "fumbles" to you list of concerns for him.

Rice has too high a shot at losing TD carries, has a ton more talent around him with the addition of young TEs & Boldin. On top of that, the increased maturity of Flacco means the Ravens should be able to depend on the run a bit less.

None of this addresses the fact that you still aren't even considering MJD, who I beleive will be the number 1 RB this year when CJ2K sees his production return to a more reasonable state of top 3.

Shane P. Hallam
07-22-2010, 09:23 AM
"Even if we assume he can't match last year's performance, he can put up a "pedestrian" 330 and still be the top scorer in all of fantasy."

CJ2K is too high a percentage of the Titans offense to face a major drop off in production. Their Oline is top 5 in the league even with the loss of Mawae, who is not on a team yet. That should tell you all you need to know about the affect his departure has on that line.

Minnesota's online has been declining. Peterson has way more competition for touches and Favre will always audible to a pass play. In ~50 less touches AP dropped the rock twice as much as CJ, too. So add "fumbles" to you list of concerns for him.

Rice has too high a shot at losing TD carries, has a ton more talent around him with the addition of young TEs & Boldin. On top of that, the increased maturity of Flacco means the Ravens should be able to depend on the run a bit less.

None of this addresses the fact that you still aren't even considering MJD, who I beleive will be the number 1 RB this year when CJ2K sees his production return to a more reasonable state of top 3.

I don't disagree, but I will guarantee Chris Johnson will not be the #1 fantasy RB at the end of the season. I'd still take him #1 overall for sure though as you said, he will be a big part of that offense and is the best guarantee to be Top 10 IMO.

The only issue is the workload. Any runner who has went over 1750 yards has had trouble sustaining that momentum the next season. So, it is risky.

Rob S
07-22-2010, 10:16 AM
I would take MoJo over Ray Rice personally.

FlyingElvis
07-22-2010, 10:26 AM
I don't disagree, but I will guarantee Chris Johnson will not be the #1 fantasy RB at the end of the season. I'd still take him #1 overall for sure though as you said, he will be a big part of that offense and is the best guarantee to be Top 10 IMO.

The only issue is the workload. Any runner who has went over 1750 yards has had trouble sustaining that momentum the next season. So, it is risky.

I would take MoJo over Ray Rice personally.

Agreed. I like MJD best and will be hoping for the #3 or #4 spot in my one league that still does random order. But if I get number one I'm taking CJ2K, albeit reluctantly.

Come draft day I might grow a set and draft in the order I like best, which would be MJD, CJ2K, Rice, AP.

FlyingElvis
07-23-2010, 01:21 PM
FYI, my fantasy obsessed brethren:

Welker won't be on the PUP list.

source link (http://www.nesn.com/2010/07/report-wes-welker-to-fully-participate-in-training-camp-wont-go-on-pup-list.html)

gpngc
07-26-2010, 12:14 AM
^The two biggest stories this preseason are Welker's progress and V-Jax's holdout.

Anyway, I'm still leaning toward AD with my #1 pick although I went over some Barry Sanders #s and LT #s and based on some of that research and what many others like you guys are saying, I think I trust CJ2K more now.

But I read something that caught my eye about AD.

That is where he's finished among fantasy backs in his career. And it's not like we are talking about some ho-hum, not explosive, yardage-eating, bruiser. He's not 4.24-fast, but he's probably the second or third best big play back in the league and has 25-TD talent and upside.

Anyone care to comment on the internal debate I'm having about CJ2K vs. AD vs. Rice vs. MJD (.5 ppr)????????????????????????????

FlyingElvis
07-26-2010, 08:49 AM
Definitely. V-Jax is sliding to rounds 7-9 and Welker is now a steal if you can still get him in the sixth.

I don't envy you your 1st overall pick. I'm really praying for #4 in my random order $$$ league. At least that way I don't have to spend the season cursing my choice. lol

thenewfeature06
07-26-2010, 09:00 AM
I think this was a 10 player league but I think my team is nasty if nobody gets real injured lol. dig it..

Eli
Chris Johnson
Deangelo Williams
Jonathan Stewart
Donald Driver
Hakeem Nicks
Zach Miller
Ravens D - I have personally seen Zbikowski monster people
Nate Kaeding...
Mike Wallace - with him Nicks and Breaston, I have a good problem at wr
Steve Breaston
Michael Bush
Tone Bryant - CIN
Cotch
Henne
Titans D

themaninblack
07-26-2010, 02:58 PM
14 team league had the 9th pick

Brett Favre
Ray Rice
Cedric Benson
Cadillac Williams
Chad Ochocinco
Robert Meachem
Antonio Gates
Steelers D/ST
Mason Crosby

Bench:
Owen Daniels
Derrick Mason
Terrell Owens
Bernard Scott
Roy E. Williams
Matt Hasselbeck
Jordan Shipley

sbh15
07-26-2010, 04:17 PM
just traded jay cutler and hakeem nicks (one keeper, one not) and my 3rd round pick for tony romo in my keeper league...

now i have

schaub
romo
addai
f. jones
harvin

jackalope
07-27-2010, 10:53 PM
I'm trying to come up with a theme for a league with some friends of mine. Past ones have been cartoons, breakfast cereals, and superheroes. Any ideas?

RaiderNation
07-27-2010, 11:15 PM
My team Im doing with some of my friends

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/189269/7

QB Aaron Rodgers/Joe Flacco
RB Adrian Peterson/Steven Jackson/DeAngelo Williams/Michael Bush
WR Roddy White/Calvin Johnson/Steve Smith/Donald Driver
TE Jermichael Finley/John Carlson
DEF Eagles/Colts
K Lawrence Tynes

Somehow got DeAngelo in the 8th round. I think I have a really good team

DiG
07-28-2010, 08:25 AM
just traded jay cutler and hakeem nicks (one keeper, one not) and my 3rd round pick for tony romo in my keeper league...

now i have

schaub
romo
addai
f. jones
harvin

i hope you are allowed to play 2 qbs...otherwise bad trade imo.

DiG
07-28-2010, 08:27 AM
i get 4 keepers in my keeper league. definitely keeping andre johnson (rd1), chris johnson (rd 7), and reggie wayne (rd 2). thoughts on my 4th keeper among these options:

-Phillip Rivers (rd6)
-Dallas Clark (rd6)
-Pierre Thomas (rd3)

FlyingElvis
07-28-2010, 08:39 AM
I think this was a 10 player league but I think my team is nasty if nobody gets real injured lol. dig it..

Eli
Chris Johnson
Deangelo Williams
Jonathan Stewart
Donald Driver
Hakeem Nicks
Zach Miller
Ravens D - I have personally seen Zbikowski monster people
Nate Kaeding...
Mike Wallace - with him Nicks and Breaston, I have a good problem at wr
Steve Breaston
Michael Bush
Tone Bryant - CIN
Cotch
Henne
Titans D

I like the 4 WRs you have but wouldn't consider any of them as a reliable WR1 going into the season. A collective of WR2 candidates with upside . . . and the potential to be full of fail. Same with Miller at TE, actually.

14 team league had the 9th pick

Brett Favre
Ray Rice
Cedric Benson
Cadillac Williams
Chad Ochocinco
Robert Meachem
Antonio Gates
Steelers D/ST
Mason Crosby

Bench:
Owen Daniels
Derrick Mason
Terrell Owens
Bernard Scott
Roy E. Williams
Matt Hasselbeck
Jordan Shipley

Solid. Very nice roster in a 14 team league. TO was a nice draft choice but is now a headache w/him and Ocho. When Owen Daniels is lighting **** up again you should be able to package him with one of your solid WRs and go fishing for a stud WR.

FlyingElvis
07-28-2010, 08:44 AM

now i have

schaub
romo
addai
f. jones
harvin
Yeah, I'm with DT on this one. I'll assume you can start two QBs and call it a nice move.

My team Im doing with some of my friends

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/189269/7

QB Aaron Rodgers/Joe Flacco
RB Adrian Peterson/Steven Jackson/DeAngelo Williams/Michael Bush
WR Roddy White/Calvin Johnson/Steve Smith/Donald Driver
TE Jermichael Finley/John Carlson
DEF Eagles/Colts
K Lawrence Tynes

Somehow got DeAngelo in the 8th round. I think I have a really good team

That is an insane looking roster. How many teams? Rodgers / AP / SJax / Megatron are all 1st & 2nd round grades, yet all on one team?

FlyingElvis
07-28-2010, 08:51 AM
I'm trying to come up with a theme for a league with some friends of mine. Past ones have been cartoons, breakfast cereals, and superheroes. Any ideas?

Christopher Walken roles / movies

Crappy reality tv (or any type of tv shows, really)

Disgraced politicians (or any high profile personalities)

sbh15
07-28-2010, 08:53 AM
i hope you are allowed to play 2 qbs...otherwise bad trade imo.

yes, i'm allowed to play two, haha.

i get 4 keepers in my keeper league. definitely keeping andre johnson (rd1), chris johnson (rd 7), and reggie wayne (rd 2). thoughts on my 4th keeper among these options:

-Phillip Rivers (rd6)
-Dallas Clark (rd6)
-Pierre Thomas (rd3)

definitely rivers imo. consistently a top scoring fantasy qb.

thenewfeature06
07-28-2010, 09:05 AM
I like the 4 WRs you have but wouldn't consider any of them as a reliable WR1 going into the season. A collective of WR2 candidates with upside . . . and the potential to be full of fail. Same with Miller at TE, actually.

Lol. Donald Driver was the man in GB pre Jennings, and he has been a 1 for awile. Not the best but he is a 1.. the other guys CAN have all big years but I don't think it matters when I have the Carolina tandem and CJ but alright Matthew Berry.

FlyingElvis
07-28-2010, 09:22 AM
^ Driver has the makings of a guy who will fall off the face of the fantasy planet this year, though.

I agree with you that the RBs will carry you anyway. There's always the trade off; one position for another. Especially in standard scoring, I'll take the 3 RBs early and fill out the WRs later, too.

-Phillip Rivers (rd6)
-Dallas Clark (rd6)
-Pierre Thomas (rd3)

Tough call . . . I'd lean towards Clark right now. New RB, no VJax so they'll be starting Floyd & Nanee, Gates still needs to come back 100% from his injuries. Rivers' stock has fallen a bit with all the question marks. If it is a PPR league I would definitely go Clark.

DiG
07-28-2010, 10:25 AM
Tough call . . . I'd lean towards Clark right now. New RB, no VJax so they'll be starting Floyd & Nanee, Gates still needs to come back 100% from his injuries. Rivers' stock has fallen a bit with all the question marks. If it is a PPR league I would definitely go Clark.

its a .5 ppr league and im leaning towards clark too for the same reasons. rivers makes me nervous this year more than any other year. i feel like i can get similar value with a later pick.

GoBlue
07-28-2010, 11:21 AM
How did I do?

14 man league. 1- QB, 2- RB, 3- WR, 1-TE, K, DEF, IDP.

Starters:

QB- P. Manning
RB Wells
RB- Best
WR-Harvin
WR- Welker
WR- Mason
TE- Scheffler
K- Brown
DEF- Packers
IDP- Peppers

Bench:

QB- Leinart
RB- Hightower
RB- Maroney
RB- Gerhart
WR-Mason
WR- D. Thomas
WR- Burleson
WR- J. Jones
WR- McCluster
TE- Boss
IDP- Rolando McClian

drowe
07-28-2010, 12:03 PM
How did I do?

14 man league. 1- QB, 2- RB, 3- WR, 1-TE, K, DEF, IDP.

Starters:

QB- P. Manning
RB Wells
RB- Best
WR-Harvin
WR- Welker
WR- Mason
TE- Scheffler
K- Brown
DEF- Packers
IDP- Peppers

Bench:

QB- Leinart
RB- Hightower
RB- Maroney
RB- Gerhart
WR-Mason
WR- D. Thomas
WR- Burleson
WR- J. Jones
WR- McCluster
TE- Boss
IDP- Rolando McClian

Pretty risky. Manning is the safest pick in fantasy...but, your RBs are a rookie and a RB coming into a very uncertain situation. I think Wells will do allright...but, I wouldn't want to build my team around him.

Your WRs are pretty brutal too. all of the starting 3 are injury risks. none of 'em are big TD scorers and, with Boldin coming to Baltimore, NONE of them are #1 WRs. I think Schefler could have a year...but, there MUST have been better options than him.

Overall...a lot of risk and not a lot of upside.

drowe
07-28-2010, 12:09 PM
HALP!

I'm in a keeper league. Keep players based on the round we kept 'em in -1. So, it'd cost a 2nd rounder to keep a 3rd rounder. first round picks cannot be kept.

I got Chris Johnson with the first pick in the 3rd round (obviously a steal), so, i'll be using my second round pick to keep him.

But, I drafted Tony Romo in the 7th and Matt Schaub in the 10th. AND, I know i'll have the 7th overall pick and am likely going to take Andre Johnson at that spot.

So, my thinking is...I think Tony Romo is gonna have a better year. I also think Johnson AND Schaub are injury risks. And both of them are useless if the other one isn't healthy. So, I'm leaning towards keeping Romo...even though Schaub is rated higher AND would provide better value.

Does this make sense or am I overthinking it?

gpngc
07-28-2010, 12:13 PM
HALP!

I'm in a keeper league. Keep players based on the round we kept 'em in -1. So, it'd cost a 2nd rounder to keep a 3rd rounder. first round picks cannot be kept.

I got Chris Johnson with the first pick in the 3rd round (obviously a steal), so, i'll be using my second round pick to keep him.

But, I drafted Tony Romo in the 7th and Matt Schaub in the 10th. AND, I know i'll have the 7th overall pick and am likely going to take Andre Johnson at that spot.

So, my thinking is...I think Tony Romo is gonna have a better year. I also think Johnson AND Schaub are injury risks. And both of them are useless if the other one isn't healthy. So, I'm leaning towards keeping Romo...even though Schaub is rated higher AND would provide better value.

Do what you want. Projecting injury is a tricky (somewhat stupid) game. You pretty much have to assume everyone will stay healthy because in reality ALL PLAYERS are injury risks.

I'd keep Schaub because they are similar values and you'd lose your 9th rather than 6th.

gpngc
07-28-2010, 12:15 PM

-Phillip Rivers (rd6)
-Dallas Clark (rd6)
-Pierre Thomas (rd3)

I'd keep Rivers and Clark and forget Wayne.

I love RW but he's in a situation that screams letdown based on age and the young guys around him.

With these keepers you'd be able to go strictly WRs and RBs for the first 7 or 8 rounds.

GoBlue
07-28-2010, 12:22 PM
Pretty risky. Manning is the safest pick in fantasy...but, your RBs are a rookie and a RB coming into a very uncertain situation. I think Wells will do allright...but, I wouldn't want to build my team around him.

Your WRs are pretty brutal too. all of the starting 3 are injury risks. none of 'em are big TD scorers and, with Boldin coming to Baltimore, NONE of them are #1 WRs. I think Schefler could have a year...but, there MUST have been better options than him.

Overall...a lot of risk and not a lot of upside.

I see what you mean.

Im looking to upgrade my receiving core.

I agree on Scheffler. I had Olsen but traded him because of Mike Martz. I think Scheffler will have a pretty good year.

Mason is a lock for 1,000 yards every year. I think having Boldin will help him more than hurt him.

Harvin will improve off his ROY season. Welker is hurt but assuming he gets healthy during the year he will be a good value for where I drafted him.

Thomas is Denver's Number 1 but his QB situation is shaky.

McCluster can have a big year in Weis's offense.

Burleson will do really good in Detroit with CJ commanding triple teams. From what I read, while Driver sits out Jones is lighting it up in his place. I think hes poised for a big year in an explosive offense.

I see what you mean on my running backs. Im putting alot into Wells lighting it up in a more Run orientated offense this year and with Faneca reuniting with Russ Grimm his o-line coach from the Steelers. He has Hightower to compete with but hes also on my team so there might be times when I start both depending on how crappy the defense is that Arizona's faces.

I live in Michigan and were expecting a monster year from Best. Can he deliver a CJ esque rookie year remains to be seen but I think hes worth the risk. He'll have more than a chance to prove himself in Detroit.

Im thinking of adding one of the Washington RB's Parker, Johnson or Portis. Shanahan and his Denver running schemes always produces yards.

But my main goal now is to upgrade my receiving core.

GoBlue
07-28-2010, 12:23 PM
HALP!

You have to go with Schaub. He has the best receiver in the game.

GoBlue
07-28-2010, 12:24 PM
^ Driver has the makings of a guy who will fall off the face of the fantasy planet this year, though.

I agree with you that the RBs will carry you anyway. There's always the trade off; one position for another. Especially in standard scoring, I'll take the 3 RBs early and fill out the WRs later, too.

I agree on Driver. Hes still hurt and word is that James Jones is lighting it up while he sits out which is why I took Jones.

DiG
07-28-2010, 01:42 PM
I agree on Driver. Hes still hurt and word is that James Jones is lighting it up while he sits out which is why I took Jones.

ive actually heard jordy has been the offseason stud. dead serious.

themaninblack
07-28-2010, 02:00 PM
Solid. Very nice roster in a 14 team league. TO was a nice draft choice but is now a headache w/him and Ocho. When Owen Daniels is lighting **** up again you should be able to package him with one of your solid WRs and go fishing for a stud WR.

Yea the Daniels pick was purely for trade bait. Don't really need him but I figured I could have two of the best TEs in the league if he comes back healthy. And I think TO will put up pretty good numbers alongside Chad and Antonio Bryant. Only problem is we're still gonna run the ball a lot so the opportunities aren't going to be there for either of them to put up monster numbers. I'm pretty high on Meachem though too.

Mason was a fluke pick that happened when my comp decided to crash as I was getting on the clock. I have an agreement in place to trade him for Matt Ryan.

This is the first time I've ever had more than one Bengal on my fantasy team surprisingly. Usually I have none, Shipley was just a homer pick to end the draft on. Who knows, maybe he tears **** up early and I can get some value for him.

FlyingElvis
07-28-2010, 02:07 PM
Drowe - I would go with Schaub based on the value. There's no guarantee Andre will be available for you anyway. Pick 7 in a keeper league . . . only need one other RB to be a keeper and AJ becomes a reasonable choice at #5 overall.

But if you really think Romo will out perform Schaub by a significant amount then you should keep Romo.

Good move, and one I didn't really notice when commenting.
EDIT: wait . . . my Driver comment was for someone who didn't draft Jones. lol

The reports I've read say Jones has looked good, but neither has been brilliant enough for it to be an easy choice. lol

tjsunstein
07-28-2010, 02:58 PM

ive actually heard jordy has been the offseason stud. dead serious.
They're battling it out and will probably split playing time rather equally. I like James Jones more as the replacement to Driver, though. We won't lose a step when Driver hangs them up.

senormysterioso
07-31-2010, 11:43 AM
This is what I ended up with last night when we drafted, 10 team in our league.

QB- Brett Favre, Matt Stafford
RB- Shonn Green, DeAngelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart, Thomas Jones, Justin Forsett
WR- Andre Johnson, Steve Smith (CAR), Michael Crabtree, Dez Bryant
TE- Chris Cooley, Zach Miller
K - David Buhler
DEF - Oakland Raiders

I don't feel great about my wide receivers. The news about Dez's ankle came out like literally 2 minutes after I picked him. I'm thinking about trading one of my Panthers if I can find a good deal.

Shane P. Hallam
07-31-2010, 11:44 AM

RB- Shonn Green, DeAngelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart, Thomas Jones, Justin Forsett
K - David Buhler
DEF - Oakland Raiders

I don't feel great about my wide receivers. The news about Dez's ankle came out like literally 2 minutes after I picked him. I'm thinking about trading one of my Panthers if I can find a good deal.

Yeah, that is a pretty poor 10 teamer team.

alca1992
08-01-2010, 06:19 PM
ok so heres my team:

QB: Tom Brady
RB: Michael Turner
RB: Knowshon Moreno
WR: Anquan Boldin
WR: Vincent Jackson
RB-WR: Felix Jones
TE: Zach Miller
K: Garret Heatley
DEF: Jets

Bench:
QB: Ben Rothlisberger
WR: Mike Wallace
WR: Kenny Britt
TE: Jermey Shockey
DEF: Patriots

ok so i was offered the following trade:

I get:
Marion Barber
Desean Jackson
Kellen Winslow

He Gets:
Vincent Jackson
Michael Turner

I plan on turning him down cause i get a good upgrade on WR but a ****** downgrade at RB. he also told me that i could substitute Marion Barber for Joeseph Addai and Kellen Winslow for Vinsanthe Shiancoe and he accept the trade. so im planning on offering him this trade

I Get:
Marion Barber/ Joeseph Addai (im leaning twords barber cause that way i can have most if not all of the Cowboys rushing yards and TD's)
Desaen Jackson
Kellen Winslow/Vinsanthe Shiancoe (leaning twords Shiancoe but you tell me who you think)

He Gets:
Vincent Jackson
Knowson Moreno
Jermey Shcokey

or should i accept his previous trade offer?

So what do you guys think? id like all input

sbh15
08-01-2010, 07:29 PM
moreno has a torn hamstring, jackson won't play til mid-season

jump on that unless this is a keeper league. and whats the scoring system? if it's ppr definitely go addai. barber is probably in more of a timeshare with felix and tashard choice than addai is with brown.

and i'd go winslow but that's just personal preference.

CLong4Heisman
08-01-2010, 07:36 PM
For a keeper league. I can only keep 3 of these guys.
Wes Welker, Boldin, Gore, Jonathan Stewart. I'm leaning towards Boldin, Welker and Stewart. What do you think?

sbh15
08-01-2010, 08:59 PM
Wes Welker, Boldin, Gore, Jonathan Stewart. I'm leaning towards Boldin, Welker and Stewart. What do you think?

gore is the one player on that list that you should be keeping no matter what. then stewart, and i guess boldin/welker is a toss up just depends on if welker's healthy or not.

CLong4Heisman
08-02-2010, 08:36 AM
I also have the 4th pick in the draft, I should be able to regain whoever I lose.

FlyingElvis
08-02-2010, 11:02 AM

K - David Buhler
DEF - Oakland Raiders

I don't trust Favre at all. QB could be rough for you, though I like Stafford to have a pretty good year. TE . . . meh. I actually like those WRs, but it depends on Smith's return. Raiders D . . . really? Why? lol (I know what you're thinking, and I've considered throwing my last pick away on them . . . in my 18 round drafts.)

ok so heres my team:

QB: Tom Brady
RB: Michael Turner
RB: Knowshon Moreno
WR: Anquan Boldin
RB-WR: Felix Jones
TE: Zach Miller
K: Garret Heatley
DEF: Jets

Bench:
QB: Ben Rothlisberger
WR: Mike Wallace
WR: Kenny Britt
TE: Jermey Shockey
DEF: Patriots

ok so i was offered the following trade:

I get:
Marion Barber
Desean Jackson
Kellen Winslow

He Gets:
Vincent Jackson
Michael Turner

NO! NO! NO! ******* NO!!
You don't give up a stud, true #1 at RB for a TE upgrade and a swap of disgruntled WRs. (Unless we actually get to a point where VJax is definitively out for an extended period of time.

I plan on turning him down cause i get a good upgrade on WR but a ****** downgrade at RB. he also told me that i could substitute Marion Barber for Joeseph Addai and Kellen Winslow for Vinsanthe Shiancoe and he accept the trade. so im planning on offering him this trade

I Get:
Marion Barber/ Joeseph Addai (im leaning twords barber cause that way i can have most if not all of the Cowboys rushing yards and TD's)
Desaen Jackson
Kellen Winslow/Vinsanthe Shiancoe (leaning twords Shiancoe but you tell me who you think)

He Gets:
Vincent Jackson
Knowson Moreno
Jermey Shcokey

This one makes a lot more sense. You ship a WR that may be a problem and a RB that may be a problem and end up with a decent return. But I don't really see any value in this trade for the other team, tbh. I'd rather have the DJax / Addai / Shiancoe.

or should i accept his previous trade offer?

So what do you guys think? id like all input

comments above

FlyingElvis
08-02-2010, 11:12 AM
moreno has a torn hamstring, jackson won't play til mid-season

Is that confirmed?

Scoring format? Keeper format?

bsaza2358
08-02-2010, 12:18 PM

Regardless of scoring format, I'm probably keeping Gore, Stewart, and Welker, then I'd likely go and take a stud QB or WR at #4, perhaps even a stud RB. Who is likely to be available to you at 4?

sbh15
08-02-2010, 01:07 PM
Is that confirmed?

nah at the time it was suspicion now they're calling it pulled

CLong4Heisman
08-02-2010, 01:23 PM
Regardless of scoring format, I'm probably keeping Gore, Stewart, and Welker, then I'd likely go and take a stud QB or WR at #4, perhaps even a stud RB. Who is likely to be available to you at 4?

At WR either Mike Sims-Walker, Crabtree, Percy Harvin, Reggie Wayne, Desean Jackson, Greg Jennings.

There are a lot of good receivers that could potentially be there because we only keep 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR/Te, 1 Def/K and 1 of any position. All of those guys are on teams that have 2 really good running backs. Harvin and Wayne are with Chris Johnson and Michael Turner. Sims-Walker and Crabtree are with McCoy and Forte but they also have Andre Johnson and Marques Colston.

My other keepers are Flacco and the Pittsburgh defense. It was either Flacco or Jay Cutler.

alca1992
08-02-2010, 01:23 PM
Ok so i made the following trade and he accepted it and its in voting period

I Get:
Desean Jackson
Joeseph Addai

He Gets:
Vincent Jackosn
Knowshon Moreno
Kenny Britt

Did i make the right move?

tjsunstein
08-02-2010, 01:38 PM
I don't think so at all. You lose big.

alca1992
08-02-2010, 01:47 PM
I don't think so at all. You lose big.

really why?

OGDraft
08-02-2010, 02:09 PM
Hey guys. I just signed up here. I got my own blog where I have my own rankings. I'm a huge fantasy football fan so I wanted to make my own rankings. I also got some sleeper articles.

I'll start by asking what you guys think of Ryan Matthews? I personally think he is getting overrated by most sites. What type of year do you guys think he will have?

sbh15
08-02-2010, 02:11 PM
really why?

why didn't you get the te too?

and i would hardly say you lose at all. jackson is suspended and might not play much and moreno already has a tweaked hammy.

Hey guys. I just signed up here. I got my own blog where I have my own rankings. I'm a huge fantasy football fan so I wanted to make my own rankings. I also got some sleeper articles.

I'll start by asking what you guys think of Ryan Matthews? I personally think he is getting overrated by most sites. What type of year do you guys think he will have?

i think he'll have a good year, but more for a lack of better option in san diego.

OGDraft
08-02-2010, 02:20 PM
i think he'll have a good year, but more for a lack of better option in san diego.
That's what I think too. I don't think he is worth a 1st round pick though. I actually have him as my 16th RB as of right now.

how'd i do

QB
Matt Ryan ATL
Chad Henne Mia

RB
Adrian Peterson Min
Joseph Addai Ind
Brandon Jacobs NYG
Jahvid Best Det
Darren McFadden Oak
Fred Jackson Buf

WR
Miles Austin Dal
Calvin Johnson Det
Wes Welker NE
Austin Collie Ind
Devin Aromashodu Chi

TE
Antonio Gates SD

D/ST
49ers

K
Jay Feeley AZ
That is a really good team and that's very similar to what I want to do with my team. I'll take the young QB's in order to get good depth at RB and some elite WR's. I really think the WR position is really thin this year and there aren't that many good mid-round options.

vikes_28
08-02-2010, 03:02 PM
QB - Joe Flacco
QB - Matt Moore
WR - Marques Colston
WR - Mike Wallace
WR - Jason Avant
WR - Earl Bennett
WR - Eddie Royal
WR - Jordan Shipley
WR - Antwaan Randle El
RB - Ray Rice
RB - Julius Jones
RB - Toby Gerhart
RB - Montario Hardesty
RB - Ryan Moats
TE - Dustin Keller
TE - Randy McMichael
K - Kris Brown

D - Jared Allen
DB - Jon Joseph
DB - Vontae Davis
DB - Darrelle Revis
DB - Aqib Talib
LB - Clay Matthews
LB - Keith Brooking

How did I do? It's a 20 man league.

FlyingElvis
08-02-2010, 03:58 PM
At WR either Mike Sims-Walker, Crabtree, Percy Harvin, Reggie Wayne, Desean Jackson, Greg Jennings.

There are a lot of good receivers that could potentially be there because we only keep 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR/Te, 1 Def/K and 1 of any position. All of those guys are on teams that have 2 really good running backs. Harvin and Wayne are with Chris Johnson and Michael Turner. Sims-Walker and Crabtree are with McCoy and Forte but they also have Andre Johnson and Marques Colston.

My other keepers are Flacco and the Pittsburgh defense. It was either Flacco or Jay Cutler.

If it's long term keeper format Stewart is definitely a smart keep. If there's no cost (ie draft picks based on the round players were drafted the previous year) then Gore should be a definite keeper, too. Welker v. Boldin . . . I'd lean towards Welker, simply for the long term benefit.

I Get:
Desean Jackson
Joeseph Addai

He Gets:
Vincent Jackosn
Knowshon Moreno
Kenny Britt

This one will be tough to call until we see what happens with VJax. I like the value of Moreno & VJax much more than that of Addai & DJax in the long run. But, for this year's fantasy season, I'd say you made out very well. You just unloaded two guys who may not combine for a full season of football this year. Right now, with the serious red-flags, I would say you won this trade.

FlyingElvis
08-02-2010, 04:01 PM
QB - Joe Flacco
QB - Matt Moore
WR - Marques Colston
WR - Mike Wallace
WR - Jason Avant
WR - Earl Bennett
WR - Eddie Royal
WR - Jordan Shipley
WR - Antwaan Randle El
RB - Ray Rice
RB - Julius Jones
RB - Toby Gerhart
RB - Montario Hardesty
RB - Ryan Moats
TE - Dustin Keller
TE - Randy McMichael
K - Kris Brown

D - Jared Allen
DB - Jon Joseph
DB - Vontae Davis
DB - Darrelle Revis
DB - Aqib Talib
LB - Clay Matthews
LB - Keith Brooking

How did I do? It's a 20 man league.

I think you could have some gems with Royal, Shipley and Hardesty. But I have never done an IDP so I really can't judge your draft.

sbh15
08-02-2010, 04:50 PM
I think you could have some gems with Royal, Shipley and Hardesty. But I have never done an IDP so I really can't judge your draft.

allen and matthews should both be idp studs, aqib has a shot too.

typically for idp you shouldn't draft good corners, though. revis won't get you many fantasy points because he won't be thrown at often enough.

vikes_28
08-02-2010, 08:21 PM
allen and matthews should both be idp studs, aqib has a shot too.

typically for idp you shouldn't draft good corners, though. revis won't get you many fantasy points because he won't be thrown at often enough.

I realized that as soon as i drafted him. But he'll be a bench player mostly.

Splat
08-03-2010, 03:51 PM
Started a 10 team league on Yahoo need a few people to join PM me if interested or for questions.

fenikz
08-04-2010, 05:29 AM
http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/user_photos/1024884/feature_MaddenCurse2_fullsize.jpg

Larry Fitzgerald doesn't know what the Madden Curse is

LonghornsLegend
08-04-2010, 07:10 AM

I Get:
Desean Jackson
Joeseph Addai

He Gets:
Vincent Jackosn
Knowshon Moreno
Kenny Britt

I really don't agree with you losing big, or losing at all really, but I need to know more info on the league. Dynasty, keeper, or redraft? Because Desean is an upgrade over VJ no matter what so you win there, and Addai is a better bet then Moreno if it's a redraft, maybe Moreno a bit more if it's longterm but I think moreno sucks anyway, and the Colts offense is better so your probably better off with addai.

If it's a Dynasty you lose some by giving up Britt for free, if it's a redraft you lose nothing, and in a keeper league you would need to keep alot of players for him to have value. I would of preferred if you got a 3rd player also, even if it's just a throw in guy to balance it out, but you won this trade and I'm not sure why he thought you didn't.

Vincent Jackson may be useless to fantasy teams this year, and Moreno sucked balls last year while Addai is always going to score points on the Colts.

alca1992
08-04-2010, 05:07 PM
I really don't agree with you losing big, or losing at all really, but I need to know more info on the league. Dynasty, keeper, or redraft? Because Desean is an upgrade over VJ no matter what so you win there, and Addai is a better bet then Moreno if it's a redraft, maybe Moreno a bit more if it's longterm but I think moreno sucks anyway, and the Colts offense is better so your probably better off with addai.

If it's a Dynasty you lose some by giving up Britt for free, if it's a redraft you lose nothing, and in a keeper league you would need to keep alot of players for him to have value. I would of preferred if you got a 3rd player also, even if it's just a throw in guy to balance it out, but you won this trade and I'm not sure why he thought you didn't.

Vincent Jackson may be useless to fantasy teams this year, and Moreno sucked balls last year while Addai is always going to score points on the Colts.

its just a standard leauge. one year thing no dynasty or anything.

alca1992
08-04-2010, 05:17 PM
lol btw the guy i just traded with just released Kenny Britt so I picked him back up.

alca1992
08-05-2010, 06:56 PM
Ok so im kinda in a pickle. I drafted Ben Rothlisberger in the late rounds cause i know what a force he is when he does play, but stupid me didnt notice that him and Tom Brady have the same bye week. So what should I do? do I trade him for something good or do i release one of my bench players (probaly Jermey Shockey) and pick up a free agent QB? And if i do get a QB then which one do I get? Mark Sanchez, Vince Young, David Garrard, Jason Cambell, Or Matt Morre?

FlyingElvis
08-06-2010, 08:51 AM
Wait until week 3 or even 4. At that point you can assess which teams are terrible against the pass and take a QB accordingly. If Detroit and Jax are as bad as they were last season you could very well be best off starting whichever QB is starting for the Rams or Buffalo, as insane as that may sound.

However, since I'm avoiding doing any actual work at work today, here's my take:

Garrard v. Buffalo looks like a nice matchup but, tbh, the Buffalo DBs are about the only thing I like about their DST. And Garrard isn't exactly trustworthy. I'd still recommend him at this point in the preseason and hope for some combination points, as he can get you some with his legs.

Sanchez might be an ok option simply because he has the Monday night game that week. They're generally high scoring affairs, even though he could spend the evening getting destroyed by the Vikings Dline.

Campbell is a sleeper at QB this year, imo. But it all depends on what kind of DST the Chargers roll out this year. They were decent against the pass last year after being terrible the year before.

Not sure I'd bother with Moore at all and VY faces Dallas that week.

sbh15
08-06-2010, 11:31 AM
does anyone want to do a 16 team keeper or dynasty league? just regular scoring, maybe ppr.

J-Mike88
08-06-2010, 12:53 PM
does anyone want to do a 16 team keeper or dynasty league? just regular scoring, maybe ppr.
I really really want to be in a Dynasty League.
I've ran a keeper league for over 10 years, but these bast*rds only let us keep 2 guys max per season.

I'd be in for sure on a Dynasty league.

J-Mike88
08-06-2010, 12:56 PM
FREE CHEAT SHEETS

I'd like to a stickied thread where all of us can put links to fantasy cheat sheets online, or ratings, on line.

ESPN & Yahoo are 2 obvious common ones, but there have to be more.
I wish I could grab all 30 magazines I see at Barnes & Noble, but damn at 10 bucks a pop, that's more than my entry fee for 2 leagues.

Free Cheat Sheets is the way to go, sorry publishers.

SuperMcGee
08-06-2010, 01:14 PM
My team, so far, in my keeper league:

Matt Schaub
Steven Jackson
Jamaal Charles
Beanie Wells
Roddy White
Sidney Rice

It's auction style, and I have about 2/3 of my budget used up. Going to have the auction to complete our rosters on Sunday. I'd feel a lot more comfortable if Favre said he was playing by then. Most elite TE are gone, but I really want to make a run at Finley, who is available. Some stud WR have gone back in to the auction pool, and there are some very attractive young RB options. I just wish I had more money. Jackson was an expensive keep. Anyway, I'm getting excited for it.

sbh15
08-06-2010, 01:21 PM
I really really want to be in a Dynasty League.
I've ran a keeper league for over 10 years, but these bast*rds only let us keep 2 guys max per season.

I'd be in for sure on a Dynasty league.

alright, well you're in if there's enough interest. i was thinking a live draft so hopefully this can fill up i'd like to do it a week or two before the season opener.

J-Mike88
08-06-2010, 01:49 PM
FREE CHEAT SHEETS

I'd like to a stickied thread where all of us can put links to fantasy cheat sheets online, or ratings, on line.

ESPN & Yahoo are 2 obvious common ones, but there have to be more.
I wish I could grab all 30 magazines I see at Barnes & Noble, but damn at 10 bucks a pop, that's more than my entry fee for 2 leagues.

Free Cheat Sheets is the way to go, sorry publishers.
http://www.fftoolbox.com/index.cfm
I forgot about this one. These guys are great because you can customize it to fit your league's rules and format, and it will tabulate and rank for you.

I just printed mine out.... damn, they LOVE deSean Jackson holy crap.

FlyingElvis
08-06-2010, 01:53 PM
^lol
Yeah, I tend to use ADP sheets more than rankings. Mostly, I'm a mock draft ***** and know who I want to target based on that. It gives me a good idea where I can expect to snage some of those late round gems I convince myself are steals. ;)

FlyingElvis
08-06-2010, 01:55 PM
alright, well you're in if there's enough interest. i was thinking a live draft so hopefully this can fill up i'd like to do it a week or two before the season opener.

I've wanted in on a dynasty league, but I'm thinking this season has enough going on for lots of personal, professional and FF league reasons. As you drum up interest let me know if you're really hurting for that last owner and I'll reconsider.

EDIT: assuming it's on one of those two sites, btw. : )

SuperMcGee
08-06-2010, 02:03 PM
Me thinks I should try doing some more mock drafts. The guy who won my non-keeper money league last year does them all the time. I remember him snagging Celek just before me in the late rounds, that bastard. What sucks is that I beat him twice during the regular season and then he edged me out in the finals when Steven Jackson didn't play. So I'm probably alright with what I've been doing, but what else am I going to do at work?

FlyingElvis
08-06-2010, 02:15 PM
. . .but what else am I going to do at work?

exactly.

I have 2 leagues on CBS and 2 leagues on Yahoo. It's fun to watch how many people seem to have rankings solely based on each particular site's rankings.

The QBs never, ever last on CBS.

sbh15
08-06-2010, 07:31 PM
I've wanted in on a dynasty league, but I'm thinking this season has enough going on for lots of personal, professional and FF league reasons. As you drum up interest let me know if you're really hurting for that last owner and I'll reconsider.

EDIT: assuming it's on one of those two sites, btw. : )

one of what two sites?

alca1992
08-06-2010, 08:46 PM
Wait until week 3 or even 4. At that point you can assess which teams are terrible against the pass and take a QB accordingly. If Detroit and Jax are as bad as they were last season you could very well be best off starting whichever QB is starting for the Rams or Buffalo, as insane as that may sound.

However, since I'm avoiding doing any actual work at work today, here's my take:

Garrard v. Buffalo looks like a nice matchup but, tbh, the Buffalo DBs are about the only thing I like about their DST. And Garrard isn't exactly trustworthy. I'd still recommend him at this point in the preseason and hope for some combination points, as he can get you some with his legs.

Sanchez might be an ok option simply because he has the Monday night game that week. They're generally high scoring affairs, even though he could spend the evening getting destroyed by the Vikings Dline.

Campbell is a sleeper at QB this year, imo. But it all depends on what kind of DST the Chargers roll out this year. They were decent against the pass last year after being terrible the year before.

Not sure I'd bother with Moore at all and VY faces Dallas that week.
so you think i should take the risk and hope no one pickes them up before the season?

p.s. will give u +rep when i pass it around more

phlysac
08-07-2010, 02:53 PM
I'd absolutely LOVE to join an IDP league with a bunch of SWDCers. PM me if you want to make that happen.

Primetime21
08-07-2010, 05:02 PM
I have Kevin Kolb and Jeremy Maclin. Someone just offered me Desean Jackson for Greg Jennings(mine). Should I bet it all on the Iggle Air Offense?

sbh15
08-07-2010, 05:04 PM
I have Kevin Kolb and Jeremy Maclin. Someone just offered me Desean Jackson for Greg Jennings(mine). Should I bet it all on the Iggle Air Offense?

i wouldn't ever, ever do that. greg jennings should be a top 5 receiver this year

Shiver
08-09-2010, 02:46 AM
Who should I take Dwayne Bowe or Michael Crabtree? Bowe is in fit shape and having a great camp and Crabtree is obviously a beast, albeit limited by Alex Smith.

P-L
08-09-2010, 07:02 AM
Well I think the 49ers are going to be primarily a running team and Crabtree is likely going to be the #2 option on his team (Vernon Davis). The Chiefs offense should be a little more balanced and Bowe is the clear #1 option there.

BmoreBlackByrdz
08-09-2010, 07:57 AM
Hey guys, real quick question - here's my fantasy team

QB - Aaron Rodgers
RB - Jamaal Charles
RB - Justin Forsett
WR - Brandon Marshall
WR - Michael Crabtree
TE - Vernon Davis
W/R - Mike Wallace

Bench
Jerome Harrison
Dexter McCluster
Thomas Jones
Dustin Keller
Bernard Berrian
Jeremy Maclin

K - Dan Carpenter
DEF - Bengals

My question is, should I trade Jerome Harrison for Hakeem Nicks?

FlyingElvis
08-09-2010, 09:09 AM
one of what two sites?
d'oh! sorry, I had posted them in a different post. Yahoo & CBS.

so you think i should take the risk and hope no one pickes them up before the season?

p.s. will give u +rep when i pass it around more

If they didn't get drafted there's little risk someone will want them now. If the guy you want has a hot start you may need to pick him up earlier than week 5 to cover the bye. Shockey, while not exactly a hot commodity, still has better value than a QB3.

703SKINS202
08-09-2010, 09:14 AM

QB - Aaron Rodgers
RB - Jamaal Charles
RB - Justin Forsett
WR - Brandon Marshall
WR - Michael Crabtree
TE - Vernon Davis
W/R - Mike Wallace

Bench
Jerome Harrison
Dexter McCluster
Thomas Jones
Dustin Keller
Bernard Berrian
Jeremy Maclin

K - Dan Carpenter
DEF - Bengals

I wouldn't if I were you. Charles should be strong but I'm not high on Forsett like a lot of sites. I think Harrison is going to outperform Forsett actually. You're pretty thin at RB so I wouldn't do the trade. Maclin should be a really good 3rd WR if Kolb plays good. You also have a top TE which makes your WR corps even stronger.

FlyingElvis
08-09-2010, 09:23 AM
Totally agree with SBH - do not trade Jennings for DJax. I like Jennings to have a bounce back year and be better than Jackson. Even if you liked Jackson more than Jennings I would not recommend having QB / WR / WR from the same team, especially with Kolb being new as a starter. If he has a few terrible games he takes your WR core with him. Week 15 at the Giants and week 16 home for the Vikings could be disatrous to your fantasy playoff run.

Who should I take Dwayne Bowe or Michael Crabtree? Bowe is in fit shape and having a great camp and Crabtree is obviously a beast, albeit limited by Alex Smith.
Like P-L, I have Bowe ranked above Crabtree. Begrudgingly, as he's a total nitwit, but still ranked higher.

QB - Aaron Rodgers
RB - Jamaal Charles
RB - Justin Forsett
WR - Brandon Marshall
WR - Michael Crabtree
TE - Vernon Davis
W/R - Mike Wallace

Bench
Jerome Harrison
Dexter McCluster
Thomas Jones
Dustin Keller
Bernard Berrian
Jeremy Maclin

K - Dan Carpenter
DEF - Bengals

My initial reaction is YES!
But I'm not sure it's the best idea based on your roster. Leon Washington is back and could hurt Forsett's value. At the same time, Hardesty is hurt so Harrison has good value. You have a decent WR core and garbage at RB. I don't think you can afford to give up Harrison.

BmoreBlackByrdz
08-09-2010, 12:48 PM
I wouldn't if I were you. Charles should be strong but I'm not high on Forsett like a lot of sites. I think Harrison is going to outperform Forsett actually. You're pretty thin at RB so I wouldn't do the trade. Maclin should be a really good 3rd WR if Kolb plays good. You also have a top TE which makes your WR corps even stronger.

Totally agree with SBH - do not trade Jennings for DJax. I like Jennings to have a bounce back year and be better than Jackson. Even if you liked Jackson more than Jennings I would not recommend having QB / WR / WR from the same team, especially with Kolb being new as a starter. If he has a few terrible games he takes your WR core with him. Week 15 at the Giants and week 16 home for the Vikings could be disatrous to your fantasy playoff run.

Like P-L, I have Bowe ranked above Crabtree. Begrudgingly, as he's a total nitwit, but still ranked higher.

My initial reaction is YES!
But I'm not sure it's the best idea based on your roster. Leon Washington is back and could hurt Forsett's value. At the same time, Hardesty is hurt so Harrison has good value. You have a decent WR core and garbage at RB. I don't think you can afford to give up Harrison.

Thanks guys, I think I'm going to keep Harrison and start him and Charles. + rep for the advice :)

bearfan
08-09-2010, 02:56 PM
Just did a mock draft, here are my guys by round (12 person). Im wondering if in my 5-8 picks if I reached or not, bc Im not sold on any of the guys
1. Drew Brees (NO - QB)
2. Reggie Wayne (Ind - WR)
3. Steve Smith (NYG - WR)
4. Knowshon Moreno (Den - RB)
5. Joseph Addai (Ind - RB)
6. Malcom Floyd (SD - WR)
7. Matt Forte (Chi - RB)
8. Devin Aromashodu (Chi - WR)
9. Justin Forsett (Sea - RB)
10. John Carlson (Sea - TE)
11. Devin Thomas (Was - WR)
12. Ben Roethlisberger (Pit - QB)
13. New York (NYG - DEF)
14. Ben Tate (Hou - RB)
15. Matt Prater (Den - K)

Shane P. Hallam
08-09-2010, 03:03 PM
Just did a mock draft, here are my guys by round (12 person). Im wondering if in my 5-8 picks if I reached or not, bc Im not sold on any of the guys
1. Drew Brees (NO - QB)
7. Matt Forte (Chi - RB)
13. New York (NYG - DEF)
14. Ben Tate (Hou - RB)

I think you reached on your WRs a bit. And the RB core as a lot of question marks. It is the issue with going QB in the first.

FlyingElvis
08-09-2010, 03:06 PM
Looks like good value, except maybe Aromashodu. He finished strong(ish) but Hester and Knox have all the skills Martz looks for and Aro is exactly what Martz doesn't utilize well. Every site seems to think ranking the 3rd WR on the Bears roster higher than the #1 & #2 guys is the way to go, but I'm not buying it.

The 5-8 slots are generally reserved for the "I'm not sold on any of the guys" label. lol

I like your lineup, considering the round 1 QB. RB suffered but you have a decent chance 2 of those 5 guys turn into servicable starters on a week to week basis.

EDIT: Shane types faster than me, it would seem.

alca1992
08-09-2010, 08:38 PM
I was offered Knowshon, Vincent Jackson, Marion barber, and Vishante Shianocoe for Michael turner...Im intruiged should I?

Also i was told that Reggie Wayne is available and he wants A RB. Is Joeseph Addai or Felix Jones worth offering?

Shiver
08-09-2010, 10:10 PM
1. Drew Brees (NO - QB)
7. Matt Forte (Chi - RB)
13. New York (NYG - DEF)
14. Ben Tate (Hou - RB)

Hopefully you are in a PPR league.

I got a tough one in three weeks when I have my keeper league draft: the scoring/lineup setting is PPR with 1QB/2RB/3WR and a flex that can be any position player including QB. These are the players available

Larry Fitzgerald
Steven Jackson
Reggie Wayne
Roddy White
Peyton Manning

I already have Ray Rice and Hakeem Nicks. How would you rank them 1-5? I have the third pick. I am leaning:

1. Larry Fitzgerald
2. Reggie Wayne
3. Roddy White
4. Peyton Manning
5. Steven Jackson

Mostly because I already have Rice and I love the RBs that will be there for me in the 2nd I don't want Jackson and his bad back.

FlyingElvis
08-10-2010, 09:30 AM
I was offered Knowshon, Vincent Jackson, Marion barber, and Vishante Shianocoe for Michael turner...Im intruiged should I?

Also i was told that Reggie Wayne is available and he wants A RB. Is Joeseph Addai or Felix Jones worth offering?
1 - Intrigued, but not interested.
Right now Knowshon & VJax are major question marks. Barber is looking at a 3 way RBBC and Shiancoe only has value if Favre returns. But the biggest factor in my mind is that you'll have to drop 3 players to make room on your roster. Who do you drop? It seems like you're getting a big return but he's looking at acquiring a stud RB and then can add from the wire - including guys you're forced to release. On top of all that, you're still giving up a round 1 stud for some round 4 through 10 fodder, imo.

2 - Either of those RBs for Wayne would be a steal. He probably wants a better RB than that for Reggie.

Hopefully you are in a PPR league.

I got a tough one in three weeks when I have my keeper league draft: the scoring/lineup setting is PPR with 1QB/2RB/3WR and a flex that can be any position player including QB. These are the players available

Larry Fitzgerald
Steven Jackson
Reggie Wayne
Roddy White
Peyton Manning

I already have Ray Rice and Hakeem Nicks. How would you rank them 1-5? I have the third pick. I am leaning:

1. Larry Fitzgerald
2. Reggie Wayne
3. Roddy White
4. Peyton Manning
5. Steven Jackson

Mostly because I already have Rice and I love the RBs that will be there for me in the 2nd I don't want Jackson and his bad back.

It's tough for me to place Fitz above Wayne or White with Lienart throwing the ball. Evaluate your keepers, decide what kind of reliable points you will get from them, and rank Peyton accordingly. If you have streaky producers it may be worth taking the uber-consistent Manning for the reliable week to week scoring.

In general, I'd go Wayne as 1 with Fitz and White tied at 2, then Manning and SJax.

zachsaints52
08-10-2010, 12:18 PM
Anyone wanna get on ESPN and do a fantasy league right now? Bored haha.

FlyingElvis
08-10-2010, 12:21 PM
doing a mock on yahoo atm. ; )

zachsaints52
08-10-2010, 12:26 PM
doing a mock on yahoo atm. ; )

I just wanted people Ik now who wont mess around haha

FlyingElvis
08-10-2010, 12:27 PM
and without thinking too much about it I have Turner, White & Gonzo on my team . . . oops.

Splat
08-10-2010, 08:51 PM
Still looking for a few more people to join a 10 team league on yahoo draft will be Aug 28th PM me if interested.

FlyingElvis
08-11-2010, 08:39 AM
I received a trade offer in one of my keeper leagues this morning that is . . . odd. I almost think the commish messed up and offered the wrong players or someone hacked his account. lol

I get:
Ray Rice - round 5 keep; year 1
B Marshall - round 6 keep; final year
Schaub - not eligible
Peterson - not eligible

I give up:
Wes Welker - round 6 keep; final year
Chester Taylor - round 11 keep; year 1
M Turner - not eligible

WTF?

Our keeper format is 3 years per player, moving up 2 rounds each season and players from rounds 1-3 can't be kept. So Rice is a round 5 this year, round 3 next and then can't be kept anymore. This would honestly make my life more difficult deciding keepers, since none of the guys I give up were being kept. I have Shonne Green for a 13th, Rodgers for a 12th, and Charles for a 15th. I'm trying to trade Welker and Flacco (round 14 keep) for picks.

This is clearly too good to be true, right? http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r39/dmc27sinned/smily%20guys/scratchhead.gif

Shane P. Hallam
08-11-2010, 08:50 AM
I received a trade offer in one of my keeper leagues this morning that is . . . odd. I almost think the commish messed up and offered the wrong players or someone hacked his account. lol

I get:
Ray Rice - round 5 keep; year 1
B Marshall - round 6 keep; final year
Schaub - not eligible
Peterson - not eligible

I give up:
Wes Welker - round 6 keep; final year
Chester Taylor - round 11 keep; year 1
M Turner - not eligible

WTF?

Our keeper format is 3 years per player, moving up 2 rounds each season and players from rounds 1-3 can't be kept. So Rice is a round 5 this year, round 3 next and then can't be kept anymore. This would honestly make my life more difficult deciding keepers, since none of the guys I give up were being kept. I have Shonne Green for a 13th, Rodgers for a 12th, and Charles for a 15th. I'm trying to trade Welker and Flacco (round 14 keep) for picks.

This is clearly too good to be true, right? http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r39/dmc27sinned/smily%20guys/scratchhead.gif

Assuming this is our league? Then yes, I hacked his account, lol. Something is up here...

FlyingElvis
08-11-2010, 09:08 AM
hahaha! It's in my bonus points league. The commish is a buddy (and the one who invited me in ~5 years ago) and the trade doesn't even look remotely fair as it's structured.

Thanks. I'll email him a WTF? message.

FlyingElvis
08-11-2010, 09:13 AM
I just sent him the following email, just to see what kind of reaction I get.

"Sure, I'd love to take Rice off your hands. Perhaps this needs to be evened out a bit, though?"

farfromforgotten
08-11-2010, 09:58 AM
I have a good 3 set of starting WRs in one of my leagues, but have a bench spot open for one more WR. I have narrowed it down to 3 players and wanted to see who you all are highest on. Devin Aromashodu, Steve Breaston, or Jacoby Jones? Its a non PPR league. 6 pts for a TD and 1 pt every 10 yards receiving. My initial thought is Jones then Breaston then Aroma. Thanks.

Shane P. Hallam
08-11-2010, 10:02 AM
I have a good 3 set of starting WRs in one of my leagues, but have a bench spot open for one more WR. I have narrowed it down to 3 players and wanted to see who you all are highest on. Devin Aromashodu, Steve Breaston, or Jacoby Jones? Its a non PPR league. 6 pts for a TD and 1 pt every 10 yards receiving. My initial thought is Jones then Breaston then Aroma. Thanks.

I'd actually reverse the order you have. I'd take the chance on Aromashodu in Martz's offense.

thenewfeature06
08-11-2010, 10:04 AM
Breaston has to be the safest out of that group I would think..tho Arash could blow up

FlyingElvis
08-11-2010, 11:17 AM
I would rank them Breaston, Aro, Jones. However, for your situation I would also recommend Aro. Take the upside when you're looking to fill a bench spot. Aro has the best situation (QB & philosophy) and could be the big breakout player.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-11-2010, 01:24 PM
Did a 10 team auction league with my buddies and tried a new technique. Basically burned all my money at the start and waited till the end $1 a player. I had the last 12 picks of the draft lol. Here's what I ended up with:

QB: Carson Palmer $1
RB: Chris Johnson $66
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew $46
RB/WR: Ray Rice $58
WR: Braylon Edwards $4
WR: Derrick Mason $1
TE: Zach Miller $1
D/ST: Saints D/ST $1
K Matt Praeter $1

bench: Knowshon Moreno $15
bench: Eli Manning $1
bench: Michael Bush $1
bench: Kenny Britt $1
bench: Robert Meachem $1
bench: Johnny Knoxx $1
bench: Montario Hardesty $1

Trying to trade Moreno for a WR.

FlyingElvis
08-11-2010, 01:37 PM
Did a 10 team auction league with my buddies and tried a new technique. Basically burned all my money at the start and waited till the end $1 a player. I had the last 12 picks of the draft lol. Here's what I ended up with:

QB: Carson Palmer $1
RB: Chris Johnson $66
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew $46
RB/WR: Ray Rice $58
WR: Braylon Edwards $4
WR: Derrick Mason $1
TE: Zach Miller $1
D/ST: Saints D/ST $1
K Matt Praeter $1

bench: Knowshon Moreno $15
bench: Eli Manning $1
bench: Michael Bush $1
bench: Kenny Britt $1
bench: Robert Meachem $1
bench: Johnny Knoxx $1
bench: Montario Hardesty $1

Trying to trade Moreno for a WR.

That's awesome! lmao

I would be happy with a lineup like this. Bush, Meachem, Knox, Hardesty, Mason & Miller should be good players this year. Rolling out CJ, MJD and Ray on a weekly basis will be unstoppable anyway. Palmer is likely the most underrated QB in FF right now, as reports keep hinting at the Bengals opening up the offense and going pass happy like the Colts / Saints / Pats.

If you can get any decent value for Knowshon that would be great. But I have a feeling Bush will be the real trade bait after a few weeks of game time. DMC should have a stubbed toe or sprained vagina by week 3.

bearfan
08-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Based on the few mock drafts I have done, I am suprised that jahvid best is going in the 3rd/4th...a guy who is playing for the Lions and hasn't proven anything. He is going about a round higher than guys like Knowshon Moreno...a guy who I think can easily have 1100 yards rushing this year. Steve Smith (Giants) has become a staple for my mock draft teams. As a #2/#3 reciever on a FF team, a guy who had 1200 yards last year in the 4th? Yes please. I don't expect those numbers this year but definitely 1000yrds is reachable. Greg Jennings in the mid to late 3rd...baffles me every time I see it. I view him as a top WR this year and why not when he has the "#1" rated QB by many throwing to him. GJ is a fantastic player and I would easily draft him as a #1 reciever (barring you grab him in the 2nd). I don't understand how WRs with such QB issues are going ahead of him. I go: Andre, Moss/Wayne, Jennings/White as my top 5.

Lets see what else...

Forsett has become another staple. I like to go WR early bc now they produce like good RBs, and RBs aren't a sure thing outside of the 1st round IMO. I've liked the guy since college and he had over 1000 yards last year, so in the 6th round as a backup with big potential? Uh huh.

Big Ben, I'm loving the suspensions to superstars. After his, he will come back and hopefully be a solid QB. Drafting him in the 12th I will do all day every day especially if I miss out on a top notch QB.

I realized after my draft how much I am liking the Old/suspended players with potential, Santonio, TO and Big Ben were all guys round 10+ in my last draft who are all solid backup options. Santonio is the biggest if, but after my lineup is set at WR...why not take the risk in the 11th round? TO could put up 800-1000 yards...solid backup as well.

Needed to get this down.

OH YEAH, Vincent Jackson...I still have seen him go pretty high in the draft...For a guy who is suspended and has contract issues still (if im not mistaken), I would have expected a free fall. Still, it gives an opprotunity to Malcolm Floyd a 6'5 guy to step in and do some damage around the 6th and 7th round.

wogitalia
08-11-2010, 11:02 PM
If you can get any decent value for Knowshon that would be great. But I have a feeling Bush will be the real trade bait after a few weeks of game time. DMC should have a stubbed toe or sprained vagina by week 3.

Or a sore hamstring now...

Shiver
08-12-2010, 01:51 AM
What's everyone's thoughts on Larry Fitzgerald? Obviously he is right there as the best WR in the game, but how much will Leinart hurt his production? He did see a sharp reduction in YPC with Warner's gimpy hip limiting his downfield passing, so maybe that will go up?

fenikz
08-12-2010, 06:08 AM
I don't see his numbers dropping one bit

bearfan
08-12-2010, 07:53 AM
I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole. Leinart is far from proven, so he has dropped way down for me. I know he is talented, but if the QB cant get him the ball then he's in trouble.

BmoreBlackByrdz
08-12-2010, 08:18 AM
I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole. Leinart is far from proven, so he has dropped way down for me. I know he is talented, but if the QB cant get him the ball then he's in trouble.

I still wouldn't take Greg Jennings over him, (looking at your rankings you posted above)

Last year, Jennings was SOOOO inconsistent. The thing with him is that Rodgers loves to spread the ball around and he has so many other weapons in Green Bay (i.e. Driver, Finley, Jones, Nelson, Lee, Jackson, Grant) I was high on him last year but there's no way I'd take him over Larry Fitzgerald.

I know Leinart is throwing him the ball, but if Andre could put up good numbers with crappy QB's in Houston, I'm sure Fitz will be just fine with Leinart.

Splat
08-12-2010, 09:55 AM
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/register/joinprivateleague_league_select?.scrumb=

ID - 274461

Password - draftcountdown

Join you will.

http://www.themenmix.de/witziges/images/yoda.jpg

BmoreBlackByrdz
08-12-2010, 10:10 AM
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/register/joinprivateleague_league_select?.scrumb=

ID - 274461

Password - draftcountdown

Join you will.

http://www.themenmix.de/witziges/images/yoda.jpg

I've never played fantasy for yahoo, mind if I join?

Splat
08-12-2010, 10:23 AM
Please do.

FlyingElvis
08-12-2010, 10:36 AM
Or a sore hamstring now...
Big surprise there. :rolleyes:

What's everyone's thoughts on Larry Fitzgerald? Obviously he is right there as the best WR in the game, but how much will Leinart hurt his production? He did see a sharp reduction in YPC with Warner's gimpy hip limiting his downfield passing, so maybe that will go up?

I tend to agree with bearfan. Fitz is a scary prospect this year. The issues are obvious and I absolutely agree that this is the year to take Roddy White ahead of Fitz. Jennings is close and I expect a bounce back year from him as he was banged up last year.

The problem I have with actually drafting either ahead of Fitz (as opposed to saying I rank them higher) is twofold. First, it's Larry ******* Fitzgerald. He's a beast and gets his numbers, and this year he'll have less competition for the ball with Boldin gone. On top of that, the Zona DST should be significantly worse and should consistently land the team in shoot outs. Does Lienart suck? I think so, but if he has to sling it alot that can only help Fitz's already sick production.

FlyingElvis
08-12-2010, 10:37 AM
Based on the few mock drafts I have done, I am suprised that jahvid best is going in the 3rd/4th...a guy who is playing for the Lions and hasn't proven anything. He is going about a round higher than guys like Knowshon Moreno...a guy who I think can easily have 1100 yards rushing this year. Steve Smith (Giants) has become a staple for my mock draft teams. As a #2/#3 reciever on a FF team, a guy who had 1200 yards last year in the 4th? Yes please. I don't expect those numbers this year but definitely 1000yrds is reachable. Greg Jennings in the mid to late 3rd...baffles me every time I see it. I view him as a top WR this year and why not when he has the "#1" rated QB by many throwing to him. GJ is a fantastic player and I would easily draft him as a #1 reciever (barring you grab him in the 2nd). I don't understand how WRs with such QB issues are going ahead of him. I go: Andre, Moss/Wayne, Jennings/White as my top 5.

Lets see what else...

Forsett has become another staple. I like to go WR early bc now they produce like good RBs, and RBs aren't a sure thing outside of the 1st round IMO. I've liked the guy since college and he had over 1000 yards last year, so in the 6th round as a backup with big potential? Uh huh.

Big Ben, I'm loving the suspensions to superstars. After his, he will come back and hopefully be a solid QB. Drafting him in the 12th I will do all day every day especially if I miss out on a top notch QB.

I realized after my draft how much I am liking the Old/suspended players with potential, Santonio, TO and Big Ben were all guys round 10+ in my last draft who are all solid backup options. Santonio is the biggest if, but after my lineup is set at WR...why not take the risk in the 11th round? TO could put up 800-1000 yards...solid backup as well.

Needed to get this down.

OH YEAH, Vincent Jackson...I still have seen him go pretty high in the draft...For a guy who is suspended and has contract issues still (if im not mistaken), I would have expected a free fall. Still, it gives an opprotunity to Malcolm Floyd a 6'5 guy to step in and do some damage around the 6th and 7th round.

Agreed. Though I don't really have much in the way of expectations for Holmes. 600+ rushing plays last year for the Jets . . . wow.

Nice write up. "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to bearfan again."

Gay Ork Wang
08-12-2010, 10:38 AM
Ill join. when is the draft? like what oclock

also in scoring it says u get a 1 for every fumble. i think it should be -1

Splat
08-12-2010, 10:46 AM
Ill join. when is the draft? like what oclock

also in scoring it says u get a 1 for every fumble. i think it should be -1

The draft is Aug 28 7:00 central time, and I will fix that.

Gay Ork Wang
08-12-2010, 10:50 AM
i think i got AQ to join

Splat
08-12-2010, 10:53 AM
Good deal I would like to have 10 we got 7 right now.

sbh15
08-12-2010, 11:10 AM
hey here's the keeper/dynasty league i was trying to get some interest for. not sure exactly how to set it up on yahoo, but i'll figure it out. if nothing else i can just do an offline draft and give everyone their keepers at the beginning of next season. i would sort of like to do an auction, but i'll see what everyone else is down for.

League: SWDC Fantasy Football (ID# 412318)
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/?lid=412318

Password: 123456789

drowe
08-12-2010, 11:58 AM

Lets see what else...

Needed to get this down.

Great Write-up....

As far as Best...yeah...i wouldn't take him ahead of Moreno..but, by all accounts, he's a feature back. Just not enough to go around. with a young QB, he's gonna get a lot of touches.

As far as Greg Jennings...yeah, as a Packer fan, I like him...a lot. and, he's the #1 WR on a high powered offense. Last year, he did crap for scoring TDs...but, i think that was just by chance. there is no way of knowing how many of a WRs catches are gonna go for 6. All you can kinda know is how many times the dude gets the ball in a normal game. Jennings will get his.

Same with Steve Smith. The Giants have quietly built a nice ensamble cast of WRs. whether it's Smith, Nicks or Manningham, I think they figure to throw a lot...especially with THAT backfield. yikes.

Splat
08-12-2010, 12:38 PM

Make that 8.

sbh15
08-12-2010, 04:16 PM
just got offered deangelo Williams, John stewart, 1st rd pick in the keeper draft, I think 15 overall of 16, I'll try to ask for no 8 since he has that too, for Tony romo, Felix jones, and my 4th rd pick. thething is romo was a top 5 overall scorer in the league last year, but this might be too good to pass on. I'm gonna try to offer schaub in place of romo

phlysac
08-12-2010, 04:43 PM

I'm in. Makes it 9

FlyingElvis
08-13-2010, 10:05 AM
just got offered deangelo Williams, John stewart, 1st rd pick in the keeper draft, I think 15 overall of 16, I'll try to ask for no 8 since he has that too, for Tony romo, Felix jones, and my 4th rd pick. thething is romo was a top 5 overall scorer in the league last year, but this might be too good to pass on. I'm gonna try to offer schaub in place of romo

What scoring tweak lead to Romo scoring higher than Schaub?

This sounds like a perfect opportunity to take advantage of a Cowboy Homer. If you can get the #8 instead of #15/16 and stipulate which QB that's great, but I wouldn't pass on this deal. You get a pair of stud RBs on a run heavy offense and a 1st round pick for a RBBC upside-but-oft-injured RB and one of two top QBs.

Minor headache having both JStew & DWill b/c you have to pick one each week, but it's a choice between studly, ground heavy RBBC guys (including "handcuff") or an injury prone, balanced attack, 3man RBBC guy.

Essentially, you won't miss a QB, you improve at RB, and you get a very valuable pick. Give up Romo, if that's what it takes.

sbh15
08-13-2010, 10:37 AM
What scoring tweak lead to Romo scoring higher than Schaub?

This sounds like a perfect opportunity to take advantage of a Cowboy Homer. If you can get the #8 instead of #15/16 and stipulate which QB that's great, but I wouldn't pass on this deal. You get a pair of stud RBs on a run heavy offense and a 1st round pick for a RBBC upside-but-oft-injured RB and one of two top QBs.

Minor headache having both JStew & DWill b/c you have to pick one each week, but it's a choice between studly, ground heavy RBBC guys (including "handcuff") or an injury prone, balanced attack, 3man RBBC guy.

Essentially, you won't miss a QB, you improve at RB, and you get a very valuable pick. Give up Romo, if that's what it takes.

well the thing is, i can start all of schaub, dwill, jstew, addai, and harvin every week, and with 16 teams, i won't often be in a situation where benching one of the two panthers is smart. unfortunately, the guy just pulled the offer off of the table this morning, so i'm going to have to try to re-work him (it's him and a co-gm, the other dude offered the trade) for the deal. this new guy offers me dwill and a 2nd round keeper pick for romo and i told him that if he's gonna pull that **** he can forget about it.

i'm hoping to kinda bully my way into doing this using the initial offer for support.

thenewfeature06
08-13-2010, 10:49 AM
Make that 8.

Any room for another?

Splat
08-13-2010, 10:59 AM
Any room for another?

One first come first serve.

sbh15
08-14-2010, 10:41 AM
joseph addai or beanie wells in fantasy this year? it's ppr

Hines
08-14-2010, 10:56 AM
Who are some sleepers for you guys? Last year, it was Ray Rice. I remember noone picking him in my draft and I picked him up three days before the first game and everyone laughed at me. I laughed myself to the championship game. This year, mine are:

QB: Matthew Stafford
RB: Michael Bush/Lesean McCoy
WR: Devin Thomas/Chaz Shillens(hopefully, dammit!)

Splat
08-14-2010, 10:59 AM
Dexter McCluster...:)

sbh15
08-14-2010, 11:10 AM
Dexter McCluster...:)

i actually agree with this... i think he could have a year close to percy harvin's last season. i'm going to try to pick him up late second in my keeper draft. i like matt moore a lot at qb for some reason. it always seems like teams draft these future qb's the year before some guy who they think they want to replace explodes (kinda like drew brees). i think mike wallace is going to disappoint a lot of the people drinking is kool-aid, personally. 4 weeks without his starting qb, and even then he's a no. 2 wide receiver.

703SKINS202
08-14-2010, 12:10 PM
I really like Beanie Wells this year, he's actually one of my sleepers. Probably wont get as many receptions as Addai for your PPR but his production is going to crush Addai's. He has never gone over 1,100 yards and it seems like people take him higher than he should. Wells is young and will be playing with a qb who will need some security so you might see him with 30-40 receptions. I really like his running style, big body but has deceptive speed. Barring injury, I really feel like he could do as well as 1,200 yards, 8-10 tds and maybe 30 receptions for 200-300 yards with the chance to do even better.

sbh15
08-14-2010, 02:01 PM
just finished a trade to get deangelo williams and jonathan stewart for tony romo and felix jones. i also picked up a 1st and 5th round pick in the keeper draft but lost a 2nd rounder.

now i offered joseph addai and a 6th for beanie wells and a 1st, since it's ppr addai is probably more valuable. that would make my keepers schaub, williams, stewart, wells, harvin. and i would have 3 first round picks, as well as the 2nd pick of the 2nd round.

The_Dude
08-14-2010, 10:36 PM
Just had my Auction Draft ($100) and walked away with this squad. Standard Scoring, lineup: QB, RB, RB/WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, WR/TE, K Def

P Manning $17
Rapelisberger $1
MJD $32
McCoy $10
Addai $12
Bradshaw $1
Bowe $6
Finley $4
Smith (NYG) $7
Maclin $4
Daniels $1
Carlson $1
Bironas $1
Hanson $1
New England $1
Tennessee $1

I know that it is weak in the WR dept, but i can start 3 RBs each week. The past 3 years i went with mediocre RBs and top WRs (I got 1st, 3rd, & 4th places) so i decided to switch things up. Should do well, i think.

FlyingElvis
08-16-2010, 09:23 AM
Who are some sleepers for you guys? Last year, it was Ray Rice. I remember noone picking him in my draft and I picked him up three days before the first game and everyone laughed at me. I laughed myself to the championship game. This year, mine are:

QB: Matthew Stafford
RB: Michael Bush/Lesean McCoy
WR: Devin Thomas/Chaz Shillens(hopefully, dammit!)

I like VY & Cassel at QB. They will cost next to nothing and could have breakout years.
I agree on both RBs you list, though I'm not sure McCoy can be considered a sleeper. Maybe a bit undervalued right now but he'll go higher in real drafts, I think.
Devin Thomas & Hester, Knox, Burleson, Cribbs, McCluster. I think there are quite a few WRs that aren't getting drafted much that could be productive players.

For one year without any keeper format I'd take Addai still. He was a top 10 RB in ppr last year. He's got a decent change to do it again this year. Wells has to make a huge jump from ~30th overall RB in ppr, and I'm not sure I buy the hype. He's good, but that Arizona offense may not be, and he still has Hightower to leach points.

FlyingElvis
08-16-2010, 09:33 AM
just finished a trade to get deangelo williams and jonathan stewart for tony romo and felix jones. i also picked up a 1st and 5th round pick in the keeper draft but lost a 2nd rounder.

now i offered joseph addai and a 6th for beanie wells and a 1st, since it's ppr addai is probably more valuable. that would make my keepers schaub, williams, stewart, wells, harvin. and i would have 3 first round picks, as well as the 2nd pick of the 2nd round.
Love the first trade. The second would be nice, too. But if that owner gives up that much for Addai he/she deserves a slap. lol

Just had my Auction Draft ($100) and walked away with this squad. Standard Scoring, lineup: QB, RB, RB/WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, WR/TE, K Def

P Manning $17
Rapelisberger $1
MJD $32
McCoy $10
Addai $12
Bradshaw $1
Bowe $6
Finley $4
Smith (NYG) $7
Maclin $4
Daniels $1
Carlson $1
Bironas $1
Hanson $1
New England $1
Tennessee $1

I know that it is weak in the WR dept, but i can start 3 RBs each week. The past 3 years i went with mediocre RBs and top WRs (I got 1st, 3rd, & 4th places) so i decided to switch things up. Should do well, i think.

I like Bradshaw this year, and love McCoy. I also think you could easily have two WRs out of that trio. I think the Eagles offense will produce a bunch of solid scorers this year. Probably no stud but a group of reliable #2s.

How costly were the top TEs in your format? I have a league that's discussing changing the WR3 to a full flex (RB/WR/TE) and I think it would blow up the value on TEs.

703SKINS202
08-16-2010, 07:44 PM
My team in the league I do with all my friends. Draft is so early cause we do live before everyone goes back to school. I had the 10th pick snake draft, I traded my 3rd rounder to move up to 3 in the first.

QB: Brett Favre (drafted him in the 7th, if he plays he will be a steal)
RB: MJD (really wanted one of the top 3 backs)
RB: Rashard Mendenhall
WR: Deseasn Jackson
WR: Hines Ward
WR: Devin Aromshodu
TE: Jermicael Finley

B- Jay Cutler
B- Ahmad Bradshaw
B- Fred Jackson
B- Donnie Avery
B- Bernard Berrian.

Thoughts?

Shane P. Hallam
08-16-2010, 09:56 PM
My team in the league I do with all my friends. Draft is so early cause we do live before everyone goes back to school. I had the 10th pick snake draft, I traded my 3rd rounder to move up to 3 in the first.

QB: Brett Favre (drafted him in the 7th, if he plays he will be a steal)
RB: MJD (really wanted one of the top 3 backs)
RB: Rashard Mendenhall
WR: Deseasn Jackson
WR: Hines Ward
WR: Devin Aromshodu
TE: Jermicael Finley

B- Jay Cutler
B- Ahmad Bradshaw
B- Fred Jackson
B- Donnie Avery
B- Bernard Berrian.

Thoughts?

Scoring? I would have went WR earlier. Drop Avery and Berrian now...

703SKINS202
08-16-2010, 10:49 PM
Scoring? I would have went WR earlier. Drop Avery and Berrian now...
PPR. All tds 6. 10 per yard rushing receiving, 25 passing. I would like to have gone WR earlier also but I'm much bigger on RB's.

sbh15
08-16-2010, 11:31 PM
all td's are worth six? i would have used that first pick on rodgers or breesus

'cuse-213
08-17-2010, 11:41 AM
Standard ESPN scoring, 12 person league.

QB- Aaron Rodgers
RB- Jamaal Charles
RB- Marion Barber
RB/WR- Braylon Edwards
WR- Randy Moss
WR- Michael Crabtree
TE- Dallas Clark
D- Broncos
K- Niel Rackers

BE- Tim Hightower
BE- TJ Whosyomamma
BE- Matt Stafford
BE- Heath Miller
BE- Mike Bell
BE- Mike Williams, WR, Bucs
BE- Brian Westbrook

I just picked up Westbrook. I almost dropped Hightower but chose Donald Brown instead. Right move? and what do you guys think of my team overall?

sbh15
08-17-2010, 01:04 PM
Standard ESPN scoring, 12 person league.

QB- Aaron Rodgers
RB- Jamaal Charles
RB- Marion Barber
RB/WR- Braylon Edwards
WR- Randy Moss
WR- Michael Crabtree
TE- Dallas Clark
D- Broncos
K- Niel Rackers

BE- Tim Hightower
BE- TJ Whosyomamma
BE- Matt Stafford
BE- Heath Miller
BE- Mike Bell
BE- Mike Williams, WR, Bucs
BE- Brian Westbrook

I just picked up Westbrook. I almost dropped Hightower but chose Donald Brown instead. Right move? and what do you guys think of my team overall?

love your qb's, crabtree and moss, as well as clark. a lot of your success will depend on jamaal charles and barber's goalline carries.

Rob S
08-17-2010, 07:30 PM
Anyone have a good value chart for auctions? Also, any general tips?

I am doing my 1st auction in a money league and want to rock it.

sbh15
08-17-2010, 07:35 PM
Anyone have a good value chart for auctions? Also, any general tips?

I am doing my 1st auction in a money league and want to rock it.

my main advice is don't try to spend your money equally. i missed the first few minutes of a ppr auction draft last year and ranked a bunch of receivers at the top of my list for a lot of money. i come into the draft to see i have fitzgerald, johnson, and wayne and about $25 left. i was pissed at the time, but i ended up with the best record in the league (i think)... it was actually a swdc league.

so my advice is go all out for some guys, especially rb's if it's standard scoring. spread the money around for the rest. a lot of starting wr's will end up going for like $5 from what i've seen, because there are so many. same with qb's.

Rob S
08-17-2010, 07:36 PM
my main advice is don't try to spend your money equally. i missed the first few minutes of a ppr auction draft last year and ranked a bunch of receivers at the top of my list for a lot of money. i come into the draft to see i have fitzgerald, johnson, and wayne and about $25 left. i was pissed at the time, but i ended up with the best record in the league (i think)... it was actually a swdc league.

so my advice is go all out for some guys, especially rb's if it's standard scoring. spread the money around for the rest. a lot of starting wr's will end up going for like $5 from what i've seen, because there are so many. same with qb's.

Yeah, I think I'm going to spend huge for a top RB and WR, maybe 2 of one of them. I think there is good depth at QB and TE this year.

sbh15
08-17-2010, 07:42 PM
Yeah, I think I'm going to spend huge for a top RB and WR, maybe 2 of one of them. I think there is good depth at QB and TE this year.

yeah, i'd actually go 2 rb's, 1 good wr. chris johnson and ap will probably cost a ransom, but i bet you can get a rice/mjd along with someone like frank gore as well as an andre johnson and still have a decent chunk of your money left.

bearfan
08-17-2010, 10:21 PM
I'm in a bit of a strategy dilemma.

A few years back I got into the strategy of drafting WR higher than RB. The thought is that if I can get a WR who is getting 1200yrds per season and around 8-12TDs that it is just as good as a 1st and 2nd round RB (assuming after Gore is gone).

The strategy then is to draft 3-4 RBs that look promising that are around 1000-1200 yard players. The hope being that at least 2 of those guys become viable starters and the others are relegated as backup.

This has worked for me...but I'm wondering if now I should go with a more consistant RB and then draft WR.

I just did a mock draft and begun to think of this. Here is the team (went RB second...but general strategy follows) 9th pick:
QB: Eli Manning (7)
RB: Ryan Mathews (2), K. Moreno (5), Jahvid Best (6), Justin Forsett (9) Steve Slaton (11), Dexter McCluster (13)
WR: Randy Moss (1), Sidney Rice (3), Steve Smith NYG (4), Malcolm Floyd (8 ), Devin Thomas (11)
TE: Chris Cooley (10)
DST: New England (14)
K: Robbie Gould (15)

It was 2rb/3wr.

I just am thinking that good WRs are harder to come by than decent RBs especially in the RBBC approach.

Thoughts?

Hines
08-17-2010, 11:33 PM
Just finished a 10 team, PPR league draft. How'd I do? The rounds I selected them in are in parentheses. I had pick 6:

QB: Shaub(3)/McNabb(11)
RB: Gore(1)/Greene(2)/Felix Jones(8 )/Forsett(14)
WR: Rice(5)/Ward(6)/Welker(7)/Driver(10)/Britt(12)
TE: Gates(4)/Heath Miller(13)
K: Gould(15)
DEF: Pittsburgh(9)

sbh15
08-17-2010, 11:33 PM
way, way too many unproven guys at rb, bearfan. i do like your receivers, though rice is all dependent on favre's return. steve smith never really gets me too excited as a fantasy player, despite the fact that he is a good pick. just not really a sexy one.

how many teams were there? were moss/matthews really the best possible combo for your first two picks? seems weird unless there are more than 12 teams... maybe even just 12.

Just finished a 10 team, PPR league draft. How'd I do? The rounds I selected them in are in parentheses. I had pick 6:

love your qb's, as well as gore. a lot of good value picks at receiver, especially the fact that you got welker in rd 7 in a ppr. even if he misses the first four weeks, in ppr he's good for 10+ points every week after that. i love gates, as he'll be getting targets that previously went jackson's way in a san diego offense that i think will be pass heavy. i hate the shonn greene pick, though. especially in round two. he's in a platoon and people seem to underestimate just how much he'll have to share with LT. why not go with a jamaal charles/better pass catcher there?

bearfan
08-18-2010, 12:40 AM
way, way too many unproven guys at rb, bearfan. i do like your receivers, though rice is all dependent on favre's return. steve smith never really gets me too excited as a fantasy player, despite the fact that he is a good pick. just not really a sexy one.

how many teams were there? were moss/matthews really the best possible combo for your first two picks? seems weird unless there are more than 12 teams... maybe even just 12.

Good thing it was a mock ;)
12 person mock.

That is what I was asking about, while the RBs may be unproven (and usually I wouldnt draft Best) both Moreno and Forsett had 1000+ yards last year (recieving/rushing) and look to build on this year. Mathews I like a lot too after watching him in the bears game.

But should I go with stability at RB and inconsistancy at WR? Personally picking out of the top RB spots I value guys like Johnson, Moss, Wayne more than guys like Mendenhall, Greene and Mathews.

The key that I am confused about now is whether to go with a format like this:
Scenario 1
WRs (higher picks): 1200+ yards and 8+ TDs
RBs: 1000+ and 5-7TDs....maybe

or

Scenario 2
RB (higher): 1500 yards and 8+TDs then maybe similar out of 2nd RB
WR: maybe 1000yrds 5-7TD...second option guys.

So the big difference I see in these scenarios is that in 1, you get top producing WRs who are like RBs in terms of yardage and TDs. In scenario 2 you may get more production from your top RB picks due to rushing and recieving...but there is a huge uncertainty at WR.

You said you didn't like Steve Smith at WR, but he usually goes late 3rd/early 4th. I like him better than Steve Smith CAR due to QB.

The reason I like scenario 1 is because you shore up a position that is very hard to pick because outside of the top tiers (IMO this year) there is a lot of uncertainty at QB. Matt Leinart, Kevin Kolb, Chad Henne ect...

RB I view as a position in FF that is ever changing in terms of talent coming into FF every year. Guys like Greene, Mendenhal, Ray Rice ect...where were they picked last year? Late. Given the opprotunity they shone (shined?). Those are the guys I am aiming at if I'm going with the WR strategy, guys this year like Moreno, Forsett, Michael Bush. And by drafting 4-5 RBs (able to due to solidarity at WR + a good back up or 2)...at least 2 of them will outproduce their draft position.

You just have to find the guys who are given the opprotunity.
When Frank Gore broke out, he was around a 9-10th round pick. Same as Ray Rice. Pierre Thomas two years ago was undrafted. All of these guys though had shown flashes the previous year and had decent stats given their pt. Just have to find them.

sbh15
08-18-2010, 12:43 AM
You said you didn't like Steve Smith at WR, but he usually goes late 3rd/early 4th. I like him better than Steve Smith CAR due to QB.

i do like steve smith of the giants, he's just not the sexy pick like carolina's.

bearfan
08-18-2010, 01:05 AM
i do like steve smith of the giants, he's just not the sexy pick like carolina's.

I think what my point was that at that point in the 3rd round you're kind of reaching on guys at WR like that. At the same time in a 3wr format having 3 solid WRs requires earlier picks on them. So if one were to go RB/RB/WR/WR/WR or RB/QB/WR that is what it would look like from that point in the 3rd and on.

SuperMcGee
08-18-2010, 01:10 AM
My keeper team, after the auction. 10 teams. It was offline so I don't have to fill my kicker and DEF until the season starts. I actually don't like not having a top kicker, but my roster filled up before I knew it.

My receiver situation after White is iffy to start the year (I have to start 3). I love the QBs I have (Schaub was kept, Flacco came cheaper than expected). Same with TE. Finley I went after hard, Miller was an uncontested late bid. Two TE probably isn't very practical with Finley, but I really like Miller, so this is what I have for now.

QB: Matt Schaub, Joe Flacco
RB: Steven Jackson, Jamaal Charles, Beanie Wells, Ahmad Bradshaw, Montario Hardesty
WR: Roddy White, Sidney Rice, Vincent Jackson, TJ Houshmandzadeh, Mike Wallace, Golden Tate
TE: JerMichael Finley, Zach Miller

Hines
08-18-2010, 01:18 AM

love your qb's, as well as gore. a lot of good value picks at receiver, especially the fact that you got welker in rd 7 in a ppr. even if he misses the first four weeks, in ppr he's good for 10+ points every week after that. i love gates, as he'll be getting targets that previously went jackson's way in a san diego offense that i think will be pass heavy. i hate the shonn greene pick, though. especially in round two. he's in a platoon and people seem to underestimate just how much he'll have to share with LT. why not go with a jamaal charles/better pass catcher there?

I was going to go with Mendenhall, but he got chosen two picks before me. I like Greene a lot going into the season. He'll get the bulk of the carries IMO and get 1300 yards and 10-12 TDs. That's a good investment for the second round IMO. I like Charles, but I'm more worried about TJ in KC than LT in NY. Greene is guarenteed a starting job, Charles isn't. The running backs that went after Greene were: DeAngelo Williams at pick 18, Grant at 24, Benson at 29, and McCoy at 30. I just feel like Greene is better than those RBs right now on a run first team.

bearfan
08-18-2010, 08:42 AM
My keeper team, after the auction. 10 teams. It was offline so I don't have to fill my kicker and DEF until the season starts. I actually don't like not having a top kicker, but my roster filled up before I knew it.

My receiver situation after White is iffy to start the year (I have to start 3). I love the QBs I have (Schaub was kept, Flacco came cheaper than expected). Same with TE. Finley I went after hard, Miller was an uncontested late bid. Two TE probably isn't very practical with Finley, but I really like Miller, so this is what I have for now.

RB: Steven Jackson, Jamaal Charles, Beanie Wells, Ahmad Bradshaw, Montario Hardesty
WR: Roddy White, Sidney Rice, Vincent Jackson, TJ Houshmandzadeh, Mike Wallace, Golden Tate

Solid team, I agree with the Wrs being iffy and it is an even bigger question mark depending on Jackson's contract when he gets back. I really like your RBs though and good QBs.

FlyingElvis
08-18-2010, 09:34 AM
I'm in a bit of a strategy dilemma.
. . . .

It was 2rb/3wr.

I just am thinking that good WRs are harder to come by than decent RBs especially in the RBBC approach.

Thoughts?
In a 3wr league it always seems tougher to fill the WR spots on the roster. In that format it's almost impossible not to take 3 WR out of the first 4 picks. IMO, in any format, taking AJ/Moss as the next 2 guys off the board once the true RB1 guys come off the board is the best strategy.

I would be thrilled to land a team that looked like yours, bearfan.

My prediction for Shonne Greene, while not a lock to be even a round one pick, is top 5 RB this year. 600+ rushing plays last year for NYJ. LT can take all the crap Leon received and Greene will still be a monster. Honestly, anyone who thinks LT is better than last year's Leon (pre-injury) is on crack.

FlyingElvis
08-18-2010, 09:44 AM

Excellent. Welker and Driver should prove to be steals at 7 & 10. Gore & Greene will be a top notch RB pair for you and you still landed a top 5 QB and TE. Awesome team.

Yeah, starting 3 WRs could get ugly for you, especially if Rice misses time. On the plus side, you should be able to sell a Flacco + RB combo after a hot start and get yourself another WR. I like Charles, Bradshaw and Hardesty to be productive players. Find the team with good depth at WR and bad QB +/- RB situations now and plant the seed . . .

sbh15
08-18-2010, 10:15 AM
I was going to go with Mendenhall, but he got chosen two picks before me. I like Greene a lot going into the season. He'll get the bulk of the carries IMO and get 1300 yards and 10-12 TDs. That's a good investment for the second round IMO. I like Charles, but I'm more worried about TJ in KC than LT in NY. Greene is guarenteed a starting job, Charles isn't. The running backs that went after Greene were: DeAngelo Williams at pick 18, Grant at 24, Benson at 29, and McCoy at 30. I just feel like Greene is better than those RBs right now on a run first team.

so you think he's going to be all-pro? only four players in the nfl did that last season, cj2k, mjd, ap, and thomas jones. now i understand that greene is replacing one of those guys, but they also brought in lt. you also have to consider the fact that jones had the 2nd most attempts in the nfl, something green will not. the jets didn't just bring lt in for shits and gigs as a 5 carries per game guy. this is a legitimate, full timeshare. green gets 65% of the carries, at most imo. plus, the jets aren't going to run the ball 600+ times again. they relied on jones and that offensive line because sanchez was a rookie. he's developed more, and they've gotten a lot of new weapons. i'm not saying they'll be a passing team, not even close, but you're looking at ridiculous expectations for a guy who not only is in a heavy timeshare, but also is completely unproven. i would have picked deangelo williams over him 100 times out of 100. d-will has proven that he can do it in a timeshare. he was fantasy mvp in 2008 with j-stew in his backfield, and still ran for over 1,000 yards last year while missing 3 games, and not playing much in another. plus, it's ppr, so he's pretty much guaranteeing you an extra 4 points a game.

bearfan
08-18-2010, 10:18 AM
Speaking of D-Lo, whats the thought on him this year? Same as stewart.

drowe
08-18-2010, 10:25 AM
Finally had my first draft

QB-Eli Manning-Carson Palmer
RB-Ray Rice-Jahvid Best-Ronnie Brown-Cadillac Williams
WR-Roddy White-Larry Fitzgerald-Anquan Boldin-Robert Meachem-Kenny Britt
TE-Jermichael Finley-Brandon Pettigrew
K-Dan Carpenter
DEF-Bengals

10 team league. I picked third

pretty much went as expected. wanted to load up on WRs early. never thought i'd end up with Fitz, but i'm cool with him as a WR2.

Hines
08-18-2010, 10:41 AM
so you think he's going to be all-pro? only four players in the nfl did that last season, cj2k, mjd, ap, and thomas jones. now i understand that greene is replacing one of those guys, but they also brought in lt. you also have to consider the fact that jones had the 2nd most attempts in the nfl, something green will not. the jets didn't just bring lt in for shits and gigs as a 5 carries per game guy. this is a legitimate, full timeshare. green gets 65% of the carries, at most imo. plus, the jets aren't going to run the ball 600+ times again. they relied on jones and that offensive line because sanchez was a rookie. he's developed more, and they've gotten a lot of new weapons. i'm not saying they'll be a passing team, not even close, but you're looking at ridiculous expectations for a guy who not only is in a heavy timeshare, but also is completely unproven. i would have picked deangelo williams over him 100 times out of 100. d-will has proven that he can do it in a timeshare. he was fantasy mvp in 2008 with j-stew in his backfield, and still ran for over 1,000 yards last year while missing 3 games, and not playing much in another. plus, it's ppr, so he's pretty much guaranteeing you an extra 4 points a game.

Ok, maybe not 1300 yards, but around that number. LT is pretty much done. Yeah he'll get a fair share of carries, but I think Greene will be getting 75 percent of them. I'm not a Sanchez fan. Never have. Holmes is gone for 4 week and potentially more if he fails another drug test or gets in more trouble in NY. I just don't see Sanchez making that next step this season and they'll again relay on the run. Not saying you are wrong, not saying I'm right, but it's just my opinion and I believe Greene will have a very nice season.

sbh15
08-18-2010, 10:54 AM
Ok, maybe not 1300 yards, but around that number. LT is pretty much done. Yeah he'll get a fair share of carries, but I think Greene will be getting 75 percent of them. I'm not a Sanchez fan. Never have. Holmes is gone for 4 week and potentially more if he fails another drug test or gets in more trouble in NY. I just don't see Sanchez making that next step this season and they'll again relay on the run. Not saying you are wrong, not saying I'm right, but it's just my opinion and I believe Greene will have a very nice season.

fair enough. a lot of it stems from the fact that i don't think greene himself isn't that good. and lt is washed up as a starter, but in a timeshare, his legs stay fresh. i think we see flashes of the old lt, and he'll almost certainly be in on passing downs. my opinion is sort of bias, because i hate shonn greene and i hate the jets. yet, for whatever reason, i just think lt will actually be a more productive fantasy player than greene. i personally believe green will have close to 1,100 yards and probably more like 5-8 touchdowns. i see lt with more like 600 yards rushing, but another 400 receiving (all of my leagues are ppr, so i just apply that thinking kind of generally) with close to 8 touchdowns combined between rushing and receiving.

sbh15
08-18-2010, 08:34 PM
just did a 12 team mock draft on espn, rounds draft listed next to the players...

qb: phillip rivers (3) / donovan mcnabb (9)
rb: steven jackson (1) / ryan matthews (2) / ronnie brown (5) / ricky williams (6) / tashard choice (15)
wr: braylon edwards (7) / dez bryant (8) / eddie royal (10) / laurent robinson (12) / dexter mccluster (13)
te: vernon davis (4) / greg olsen (11)
d/st: patriots (14)
k: neil rackers (16)

gpngc
08-18-2010, 11:10 PM
just did a 12 team mock draft on espn, rounds draft listed next to the players...

qb: phillip rivers (3) / donovan mcnabb (9)
rb: steven jackson (1) / ryan matthews (2) / ronnie brown (5) / ricky williams (6) / tashard choice (15)
wr: braylon edwards (7) / dez bryant (8) / eddie royal (10) / laurent robinson (12) / dexter mccluster (13)
te: vernon davis (4) / greg olsen (11)
d/st: patriots (14)
k: neil rackers (16)

Go Fitz/Moss/Calvin instead of SJax. Brown, if healthy is definitely a #2 (I think in a contract year he's a top fantasy scorer), the only reason his value is that of a #3 is because of injuries, which you would then have a #2 with Williams.

Some would be against going Rivers and Matthews but both will be studs. You could have a week where you get scorched but they'll be one of the better offenses in the league.

I'd also caution against taking Vernon Davis high, especially in the fourth. Finley a round or two later has just as much upside and there are plenty of other options later. I don't know, you just can't sell me on a fourth round TE there unless it's someone in a more pass-oriented offense (Gates). Davis most likely won't score 13 TDs again.

gpngc
08-18-2010, 11:13 PM
Fresh RB rankings... all the chalk I read is sooo boring.

01. Adrian Peterson
02. Chris Johnson
03. Frank Gore
04. Ray Rice
05. Maurice Jones-Drew
06. Ryan Matthews
07. Shonn Greene
08. Michael Turner
09. Ronnie Brown
10. Jahvid Best

sbh15
08-18-2010, 11:44 PM
I'd also caution against taking Vernon Davis high, especially in the fourth. Finley a round or two later has just as much upside and there are plenty of other options later. I don't know, you just can't sell me on a fourth round TE there unless it's someone in a more pass-oriented offense (Gates). Davis most likely won't score 13 TDs again.

by the pick i took davis at, brown was still the best rb available, and i wasn't really thrilled by him at that pick, but the wr's weren't good enough either. davis was pretty much the only guy at a vacant spot worth the value. i suppose i could have reached just a little on a receiver. i just sort of panicked because i was targeting gates and he got taken the pick right before mine, then with the 0:45 second clock, i didn't have much time to debate my strategy.

thefalconer
08-18-2010, 11:58 PM
Fresh RB rankings... all the chalk I read is sooo boring.

01. Adrian Peterson
02. Chris Johnson
03. Frank Gore
04. Ray Rice
05. Maurice Jones-Drew
06. Ryan Matthews
07. Shonn Greene
08. Michael Turner
09. Ronnie Brown
10. Jahvid Best

i'm not buying all the hype with jahvid. he hasn't shown anything at the pro level and he's on the lions. he's also a rather fragile back so i see him as nothing more than a homerun threat back who can't run between the tackles. he has value in ppr leagues but in regular leagues, i think he's getting picked way too early.

bearfan
08-19-2010, 12:30 AM
There is a lack of Mendenhal on that list. I put him above Ronnie Brown and Best.

gpngc
08-19-2010, 12:42 AM
There is a lack of Mendenhal on that list. I put him above Ronnie Brown and Best.

Most would.

Chalk would.

Chalk's never correct.

FlyingElvis
08-19-2010, 01:02 PM
Sell me on the guy you think is my best option at pick #9. This is a keeper league so Austin is being kept and I expect AJ & Moss to come off the board before my selection. It's not ppr but 6 or more catches earns a 5 point bonus and a 5 point bonus on any TD of 40+ yards. SJax / Matthews / DWill will be there at RB but I'm keeping Greene & Charles late and start 3WRs.

The guys I have to choose from are: Fitzgerald, Jackson, Johnson, Marshall, Wayne, White.

Rank 'em!

I have White / Wayne as the best options, followed by DJax / Calvin / Fitz as the next tier with BMarsh on the outside looking in. (I like all of them as top WRs, this is just my ranking of the 6 vs. each other.)

I am leaning towards White as I like him best this year. However, I think I could possibly take Wayne and hope for White to stay on the board and get him @ 12 (10 team league) or get my pick out of Calvin, DJax & Fitz. My guess is 10/11 will be Fitz & Wayne if both are available. If only one is there it may be that one and QB.

sbh15
08-19-2010, 03:39 PM
1. brandon marshall
2. calvin johnson
3. roddy white
4. reggie wayne
5. larry fitzgerald
6. desean jackson

no.'s 3-5 are pretty much interchangeable for me.

FlyingElvis
08-19-2010, 04:01 PM
1. brandon marshall
2. calvin johnson
3. roddy white
4. reggie wayne
5. larry fitzgerald
6. desean jackson

no.'s 3-5 are pretty much interchangeable for me.

Ok, thanks. Just gave you rep for the wallpaper, so I can't here.

I'm trying to swap 1st & 2nds with the guy @6 overall so I can get AJ or Moss and then whichever WR falls to me at 14. (9 & 12 for 6 & 14) I'll offer a little extra if he says he's not interested - like a swap in rd 6 so he moves up a few spots. I just hate the idea of passing on SJax at 12 for any WR, as I think he'll slide there. I'd rather move back in 2 and not have a chance at a true RB1.

alca1992
08-19-2010, 08:16 PM
im thinking of picking up Laurent Robinson and dropping Kenny Britt. What do yall think?

Splat
08-20-2010, 09:02 AM
If anyone is interested in joining a 10 team league on yahoo live draft Aug 28th let me know, I have one spot open.

Rob S
08-20-2010, 09:19 AM
Elvis, I freaking love Roddy White this year. Thats just me tho. I would go Roddy, and then CJ and Fitz equal. I get bad vibes from D-Jax and Reggie Wayne this year. I like Brandon Marshall in PPR a lot, but I think most of these guys should be grabbing 5 balls a game, so that lessens his value imo.

Shiver
08-20-2010, 10:05 AM
Sell me on the guy you think is my best option at pick #9. This is a keeper league so Austin is being kept and I expect AJ & Moss to come off the board before my selection. It's not ppr but 6 or more catches earns a 5 point bonus and a 5 point bonus on any TD of 40+ yards. SJax / Matthews / DWill will be there at RB but I'm keeping Greene & Charles late and start 3WRs.

The guys I have to choose from are: Fitzgerald, Jackson, Johnson, Marshall, Wayne, White.

Rank 'em!

I have White / Wayne as the best options, followed by DJax / Calvin / Fitz as the next tier with BMarsh on the outside looking in. (I like all of them as top WRs, this is just my ranking of the 6 vs. each other.)

I am leaning towards White as I like him best this year. However, I think I could possibly take Wayne and hope for White to stay on the board and get him @ 12 (10 team league) or get my pick out of Calvin, DJax & Fitz. My guess is 10/11 will be Fitz & Wayne if both are available. If only one is there it may be that one and QB.

I have the same dilemma you have sans Calvin Johnson. How I rank them:

1. Calvin Johnson - I think people don't understand how dominant Calvin Johnson was two years ago and he was nicked up last year. Plus if Stafford improves in his second year, as almost all Quarterbacks do, I think CJ jumps into the Andre Johnson stratosphere.

2. Roddy White - I have been flipping Wayne and White for the last month now. Things I like about White is that he is a target hog, only Johnson had more targets last year. Except for Harry Douglas coming back there isn't a lot of competition for looks here. His catch % was unusually low for him, but I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that he held out of training camp last year and was never in sync with Matt Ryan. But I do think, if you want WR-WR, you could probably get him at your 12th pick in round 2.

3. Reggie Wayne - I had him 4th (behind Andre, Randy, Calvin), but now I dropped him to 5th. The Colts offensive line is a disaster right now, they went into the off-season and shook it up and the only mainstays left over are hurt like Jeff Saturday. I'm worried that, plus a tougher schedule than last year, will shift Manning's attention away from Wayne and more towards the auxiliary targets. But he is still the #1, he still plays with Peyton Manning, he is still in a dome/warm weather situation. I would expect about 90 catches, 1150 yards and 10 touchdowns. A "down" year, but still at least top-10.

The rest I rank:

4. DeSean Jackson
5. Larry Fitzgerald
6. Brandon Marshall (his value sucks in non-ppr leagues)

TitanHope
08-21-2010, 10:44 AM
Should I do this trade?

I send WR Roddy White.

He sends RB Ricky Williams and WR Chris Chambers.

Normally, I'd shut this trade down. But in this league, I accidentally missed the draft and it auto-picked. It's a 20-man league, and here's my roster:

QB: Alex Smith, 49ers
WR: Andre Johnson, Texans
WR: Roddy White, Falcons
RB: Joseph Addai, Colts
TE: Kellen Winslow, Bucs
W/R: Mike Sims-Walker, Jags
BN: LenDale White, Broncos
BN: Devin Thomas, Skins
BN: Brandon Pettigrew, Lions
BN: Brian Westbrook, 49ers

K: Garrett Hartley, Saints

DEF: Miami Dolphins

I want another good RB. I don't want to have to play Brian Westbrook (White will be dropped soon) in my RB slot on the Bye, or God forbid an injury takes Addai out. Ricky Williams isn't a top RB, but he'd at least give me comfort. Mike Sims-Walker could take White's spot, and Williams would take the W/R spot. Chris Chambers is a BN player.

I've also got an offer of Justin Forsett and David Garrard for Roddy White and Alex Smith.

Scotty D
08-21-2010, 11:04 AM
PPR league? If so take the Forsett deal. I'd shop Roddy some more before taking the Ricky deal. If I'm reading your roster correctly you would be really hurting your starting line up to help out your bench.

703SKINS202
08-21-2010, 11:16 AM
Should I do this trade?

I send WR Roddy White.

Normally, I'd shut this trade down. But in this league, I accidentally missed the draft and it auto-picked. It's a 20-man league, and here's my roster:

I want another good RB. I don't want to have to play Brian Westbrook (White will be dropped soon) in my RB slot on the Bye, or God forbid an injury takes Addai out. Ricky Williams isn't a top RB, but he'd at least give me comfort. Mike Sims-Walker could take White's spot, and Williams would take the W/R spot. Chris Chambers is a BN player.

I've also got an offer of Justin Forsett and David Garrard for Roddy White and Alex Smith.
This is tough for me. I get why you're concerned about Addai and your RB's as a whole, you are stacked at WR but you don't need to compromise to fill a posistion. To me that trade only hurts your team, you may be thin at RB but getting Ricky and Chambers in return for White is not a good idea. White is a clear top 10 WR for me so you should stick with a guy who you know is going to give you points. I would hold out if I were you but definitely continue to look for a top 15 or so RB. See if I guy like Beanie Wells or LeSean McCoy is available for something.

Addai's career numbers:

2006- 226 carries for 1,081
2007- 261 carries for 1,072
2008- 155 carries for 544
2009- 219 carries for 828

Shaky. Does average 10 tds a year though overall.

FlyingElvis
08-21-2010, 11:30 AM
Should I do this trade?

I send WR Roddy White.

I wouldn't trade White for any of them. It looks like you can get away with one RB & 3 WR. Do that. Short rosters . . . is a guy like Arian Foster on the wire? Dump White (Buckhalter is probably better than him anyway) and hope for Ricky & Westy to be viable bye week options. Hell, in PPR you can always get a reliable 8-10 points from Kevin Faulk. I'd rather have him and White than Ricky & Chambers or Forsett & nobody (which is what that Garrard trade amounts to - trading White for Forsett straight up.)

Rob S & Shiver - thanks for the feedback. I definitely love Calvin this year, but am always concerned about injury with him. He's set for a huge year though, so maybe I'll just take the risk.

TitanHope
08-21-2010, 01:51 PM
PPR league? If so take the Forsett deal. I'd shop Roddy some more before taking the Ricky deal. If I'm reading your roster correctly you would be really hurting your starting line up to help out your bench.

It's .25 PPR. There's a history with this league about WR's being underpowered. 15 yards per point, but only 5 points per TD. Return yards are also 35 yards per point.

RB is the same yardage wise, but they get the traditional 6 points per TD.

This is tough for me. I get why you're concerned about Addai and your RB's as a whole, you are stacked at WR but you don't need to compromise to fill a posistion. To me that trade only hurts your team, you may be thin at RB but getting Ricky and Chambers in return for White is not a good idea. White is a clear top 10 WR for me so you should stick with a guy who you know is going to give you points. I would hold out if I were you but definitely continue to look for a top 15 or so RB. See if I guy like Beanie Wells or LeSean McCoy is available for something.

Addai's career numbers:

2006- 226 carries for 1,081
2007- 261 carries for 1,072
2008- 155 carries for 544
2009- 219 carries for 828

Shaky. Does average 10 tds a year though overall.

The bolded part is quoted for truth. Other guys have actually complimented my team on being good all-around with no weak spot. Losing White and replacing him with MSW would make my #2 WR slot lack luster.

It's a 20 man league, so the FA pool is meh. I picked up Brian Westbrook and Correll Buckhalter (dropped LenDale). They were the cream of the crop.

I wouldn't trade White for any of them. It looks like you can get away with one RB & 3 WR. Do that. Short rosters . . . is a guy like Arian Foster on the wire? Dump White (Buckhalter is probably better than him anyway) and hope for Ricky & Westy to be viable bye week options. Hell, in PPR you can always get a reliable 8-10 points from Kevin Faulk. I'd rather have him and White than Ricky & Chambers or Forsett & nobody (which is what that Garrard trade amounts to - trading White for Forsett straight up.)

Arian Foster's not on the wire. Picked up Buckhalter too. May go after Kevin Faulk like ya said.

Thanks for all the input guys! Great stuff! I think I'm sticking with Roddy White, unless a great offer is put on the table. I've done well with a strong WR duos in the past, so why change that.

I'm just one of those guys who has to cover all his bases. Checking Bye weeks before I draft guys. Making sure every position has a backup. Having good depth along with a sleeper or two. I just have to stop myself from overthinking it.

dolphinfan2k5
08-21-2010, 02:18 PM
Anyone want in a keeper league in it's first year? I can send you the details, it's a twelve man league.

sbh15
08-21-2010, 02:32 PM
Anyone want in a keeper league in it's first year? I can send you the details, it's a twelve man league.

i'm interested in the details... don't know about joining just yet.

dolphinfan2k5
08-21-2010, 02:37 PM
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB, 1 K, 1 Defensive Team, 8 Bench

4 Keepers

Offense

Passing Yards:
1 point per 25 yards

Passing Touchdowns:
6 points

Interceptions Thrown:
-2 points

Rushing Yards:
1 point per 10 yards

Rushing Touchdowns:
6 points

Receptions:
1 point

Receiving Yards:
1 point per 10 yards

Receiving Touchdowns:
6 points

Fumble Recovered for TD:
6 points

Fumbles Lost:
-2 points

2-Point Conversions:
2 points

zachsaints52
08-21-2010, 06:57 PM
Just finished my church leagues draft, thoughts appreciated. (10 team serpentine)

Philip Rivers
Ben Rothlisberger
Stephen Jackson
Frank Gore
Feliz Jones
Justin Forsett
Wes Welker
Micheal Crabtree
Anquan Boldin
Vincent Jackson
Hakeem Nicks
Kellen Winslow
Heath Miller
Sebastian Janikowski
San Diego Defense.

DoughBoy
08-21-2010, 10:12 PM
12 man carry over league (20 rounds)

Team- Pacman Stole My Bike

1) Chris Johnson
2) Deshaun Jackson
3) Cedric Benson
4) Roddy White
5) Matt Ryan
6) Tony Gonzalaz
7) Packers Defense
8) Brandon Jacobs
9) Mike Wallace
10) Matthew Stafford
11) Santonio Holmes
12) Vincent Jackson
13) Jermaine Gresham
14) Malcom Floyd
15) Sam Bradford
16) Tashard Choice
17) Bernard Scott
18) Demaryius Thomas
19) Dexter McCluster
20) sebastian janikowski

How did I do?

Hines
08-21-2010, 10:56 PM
I'm league commish and trade commish of my Yahoo league. There was a trade. Is this fair?

Team A gets: Vincent Jackson and Matt Forte
Team B gets: Mike Simms-Walker and Clinton Portis

BigDawg819
08-21-2010, 11:25 PM
I'm league commish and trade commish of my Yahoo league. There was a trade. Is this fair?

Team A gets: Vincent Jackson and Matt Forte
Team B gets: Mike Simms-Walker and Clinton Portis

Based on VJax' holdout and suspension I say its not all that horrible.

BmoreBlackByrdz
08-22-2010, 12:08 PM
anyone interested in joining a Yahoo Fantasy league with 1 spot open? I believe all the members post here at SWDC. PM me or Splat if you are interested or want more details.

UKfan
08-22-2010, 12:33 PM
Hey, just completed a 12 team ESPN draft picking 7th overall, first year of a keeper league... thoughts?

QB: Eli Manning
RB: Pierre Thomas
RB: Justin Forsett
RB / WR: Anquan Boldin
WR: Andre Johnson
WR: Calvin Johnson
D/ST: Vikings
K: Dan Carpenter

BN: Marion Barber
BN: Michael Bush
BN: Cadillac Williams
BN: Nate Burleson
RB: Mike Williams (the TB one)
BN: Jason Campbell
BN: Jabar Gaffney

I think I might need to make a move at RB unless Forsett can solidify himsell as the go to guy (which is possible), but I love my WR's. Bench players are also iffy, I missed out on some guys being picked just before me...

BigDawg819
08-22-2010, 12:44 PM
Hey, just completed a 12 team ESPN draft picking 7th overall, first year of a keeper league... thoughts?

QB: Eli Manning
RB: Pierre Thomas
RB: Justin Forsett
RB / WR: Anquan Boldin
WR: Andre Johnson
WR: Calvin Johnson
D/ST: Vikings
K: Dan Carpenter

BN: Marion Barber
BN: Michael Bush
BN: Cadillac Williams
BN: Nate Burleson
RB: Mike Williams (the TB one)
BN: Jason Campbell
BN: Jabar Gaffney

I think I might need to make a move at RB unless Forsett can solidify himsell as the go to guy (which is possible), but I love my WR's. Bench players are also iffy, I missed out on some guys being picked just before me...

I think you're jealous of my sexy drafted team

QB: Peyton Manning
RB: Steven Jackson
RB: LeSean McCoy
RB / WR: Joseph Addai
WR: Steve Smith (NY)
TE: Brent Celek
D/ST: 49ers
K: Mason Crosby

BN: Dexter McCluster
BN: Demaryius Thomas