PDA

View Full Version : Who will be cut?

Xiomera
03-17-2007, 12:15 PM
Which of these Lions will be cut before the regular season begins?

Note: You can choose multiple players (I like this new poll capability).

TacticaLion
03-17-2007, 01:11 PM
Which of these Lions will be cut before the regular season begins?

Note: You can choose multiple players (I like this new poll capability).
This is actually a hard poll, as each has a chance of being cut.

MWilliams, for example: you don't want him to be cut and for the draft pick to be wasted... but the coaches won't waste a roster spot on someone they know isn't worth it.

KKennedy: unless we draft someone fairly high in the draft, the position will be weakened greatly. I think I'd rather have him than not have him unless we draft a S on the first day.

Fernando Bryant had a solid year but is due the huge bonus this year. Is he worth it? Not in this defense.

Josh McCown: interesting. I'd much rather trade him for ANYTHING than just cut him. But, if we draft Stanton, I don't need him anymore.

DWoody... well... I could actually do without him. With Foster on the team (and the upcoming draft), I think we could fill his spot adequately and save the money due to him.

So, my picks are Woody and Bryant (although I wish we'd keep him).

Addict
03-17-2007, 01:45 PM
MWilliams, for example: you don't want him to be cut and for the draft pick to be wasted... but the coaches won't waste a roster spot on someone they know isn't worth it.

Ehm... I'm gonna sound SO stupid now, but how bad is he exactly? I mean, everybody's complaining how 'slow' he is, but that can't be the HUGE problem right? He was a first-rounder, how bad could it be? C-Rog bad?

(I live in the netherlands, gimme a break ay?)

Xiomera
03-17-2007, 01:50 PM
I said Woody and Williams. Woody is overweight and overpaid. Williams is not gonna benefit us since we need to get a WR with some return skills somehow.

Mythos
03-17-2007, 03:16 PM
I agree w/ X's picks--Woody and BMW.
Bryant-I think he's the best corner on the roster right now.
Kennedy-He doesn't fit the system, and had a suprisingly poor year last year. I don't know what happened to his tacking. The thought of McGraw starting though, scares me.
Josh McCown-Possible. I'd like to see him go, just so there's no chance he ever lines up at receiver again.

P-L
03-17-2007, 04:52 PM
I think Mike Williams gets one final chance. While he didn't look good, he didn't look dreadfully awful in his limited playing time last year. I think he gets one more season with Detroit. I expect Woody and Bryant to be cut for sure and maybe McCown. He has no trade value, so I doubt we hang on to him.

detroit4life
03-17-2007, 05:19 PM
i didnt know you could pick more than one option but i took Fernando because of money issues we are overpaying this guy greatly and i think the coaches may rather save the money and go in with what we have right now and a rookie or two

WMD
03-17-2007, 05:30 PM
I picked Damien Woody and Kenoy Kennedy. Both overpaid and haven't done anything since coming to the Lions.

Addict
03-17-2007, 08:06 PM
I picked Damien Woody and Kenoy Kennedy. Both overpaid and haven't done anything since coming to the Lions.

I disagree. They filled roster spots, kept the cap salary up and filled about a square meter (that's about a yard) of space every down they were involved in.

Iamcanadian
03-18-2007, 01:16 AM
I voted for Williams and McCown. Williams isn't playing and won't play for Martz. We need to get rid of the guy, even a special teamer would see more action than this guy. There is no cap hit because if your not playing the guy, your taking the cap hit anyways.
McCown wants out. He knows he'll never be a starter in Detroit and personally I doubt he starts anywhere in the NFL. Detroit will bring in a QB to develope so one of them has to go and McCown is the obvious choice.
I'm not crazy about Woody but who else do they have. We aren't spending a high pick on an OG, so what choice is there but to keep him and hope Martz modivates him to play better. I think he'll resond to Martz and could suprise.
Kennedy. could go if Bullocks is going to replace him at SS. Bullocks is probably more suited to play SS than FS, so it's possible Kennedy's cut as well, but with the obvious weakness at CB, an experienced Safety may look awfully good to Marinelli.
Bryant may not be the greatest CB or even the most healthy one, but CB is already a huge weakness and dumping Bryant just doesn't make sense this year unless we are prepared to use at least ouir 2nd and 4th on CB's to replace Bly and Bryant. Seems a low % play to me.

MP123
03-18-2007, 02:16 AM
I don't watch the Lions are follow them closely, but I do think they will cut Damien Woody because he got injured. He'll also be 30 next season. I think that's not the first time he had a major injury, but I may be mistaken.

Xiomera
03-18-2007, 10:58 AM
I don't watch the Lions are follow them closely, but I do think they will cut Damien Woody because he got injured. He'll also be 30 next season. I think that's not the first time he had a major injury, but I may be mistaken.

They won't cut him for being injured . . . but they will cut him for being overweight and overpaid (by a lot).

Addict
03-18-2007, 12:27 PM

Thirty ain't that old for a lineman. The main reasons to cut him is his salary, especially as compared to the actual skill he posesses.

MP123
03-18-2007, 12:29 PM
Thirty ain't that old for a lineman. The main reasons to cut him is his salary, especially as compared to the actual skill he posesses.

How much does he look like he weighs and what's his contract? And if I'm not mistaken, in one of the years he made $11 million.

Addict
03-18-2007, 01:00 PM
How much does he look like he weighs and what's his contract? And if I'm not mistaken, in one of the years he made $11 million.

what the hell are you talking about? I read your words but they fail to make sense to me.