PDA

View Full Version : Fav. Brew!

tom
06-09-2006, 02:31 PM
Footie is on, and thus we must ask, what is your favourite footie brew! Mind you, random brands you like are not included, so other is not a choice!

renegade17
06-09-2006, 02:32 PM
Corona by far..

1. Corona

2. Tecate
3. Everything else

tom
06-09-2006, 02:33 PM
Corona by far..

1. Corona

2. Tecate
3. Everything else

Tecate is nice, but if mexicali is the word, then I'd take 2X over both... tecate second, corona third

drowe
06-09-2006, 02:35 PM
Miller.

Budweiser blows.

but any good micro brew>>>>>>>>>>>anything on that list.

familyguy555
06-09-2006, 02:38 PM
a nice bottle or 4 of...

http://www.beertownusa.com/prodimages/Corona%20Palm%20Tree%20Bottle%20sm.jpg

eazyb81
06-09-2006, 02:42 PM
Where's Heineken, Fat Tire, Newcastle, Boulevard, Blue Moon????

This list is whack.

:wink:

Spruce8
06-09-2006, 02:47 PM
Corona by far..

1. Corona

Yes.

NIN1984
06-09-2006, 03:26 PM
Agreed Corona are the best I just started drinking them not to long ago I have always been a big fan of OV

drowe
06-09-2006, 03:37 PM
i don't wanna sound like a prick that says 'what you like is wrong' but....Corona? IMO, there is nothing special about that stuff...tastes like nothing without a lime wedge in it.

if you want a good summer beer, get a wheat beer that's actually brewed with fruit. here's some examples...
Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat-brewed with blueberry
Sam Adams Cherry Wheat-brewed with cherry
Blue Moon is also a wheat beer brewed with orange peels...most bartenders will serve it with an orange wedge as well.

well, now i'm thirsty.

ThrowinDaShocker
06-09-2006, 03:44 PM
Red Stripe...it's beer...hooray beer!

But yea your list is a joke, its all about microbrews these days. If you drink any microbrew and then go back and have a regular draft it tastes like water.

ATLDirtyBirds
06-09-2006, 03:45 PM
You like to drink dont you tom?

bsaza2358
06-09-2006, 03:45 PM
I try not to drink the mass produced "popular brands" unless I am enticed by price or lack of availability. Some of my favorites:

Samuel Young's Oatmeal Stout
Yeungling Lager
Harp
Bass
Baltika (6, 4, 9, 2--in that order)
Skull Splitter Ale
Smithwicks

I figure Tom will have some affinity for a few of these brews, even though his list on the poll is totally whack!

DChess
06-09-2006, 03:46 PM
sometimes its wateva ur in the mood for, so latley ive been a coors guy.

CGF 216/137
06-09-2006, 03:46 PM
Berliner Pilsner, Budvar, Paulaner, Guiness and Berliner Kindl.

renegade17
06-09-2006, 03:55 PM
i don't wanna sound like a prick that says 'what you like is wrong' but....Corona? IMO, there is nothing special about that stuff...tastes like nothing without a lime wedge in it.

:?

I think it tastes great. First beer I ever tried, everything else tastes like Natural Light to me..

DChess
06-09-2006, 03:56 PM

I think it tastes great. First beer I ever tried, everything else tastes like Natural Light to me..

whats wrong with natural light :D

renegade17
06-09-2006, 03:57 PM

whats wrong with natural light :D

:lol: :lol:

CGF 216/137
06-09-2006, 03:57 PM
I try not to drink the mass produced "popular brands" unless I am enticed by price or lack of availability. Some of my favorites:

Samuel Young's Oatmeal Stout
Yeungling Lager
Harp
Bass
Baltika (6, 4, 9, 2--in that order)
Skull Splitter Ale
Smithwicks

I figure Tom will have some affinity for a few of these brews, even though his list on the poll is totally whack!

I drink those when here in the US and I can't get some Warsteiner or Pilsner Urquelle.

harrison37
06-09-2006, 04:03 PM
Sam Adams - Summer Ale or Cherry Wheat 8)

rocco31fb
06-09-2006, 04:08 PM
On this list, Stella....

But in real life....Sleeman's Honey Brown...yum brewed in my hometown.

drowe
06-09-2006, 04:09 PM

yeah, that summer ale is brewed with lemons right? great stuff.

Ward
06-09-2006, 04:13 PM
Where's Heineken, Fat Tire, Newcastle, Boulevard, Blue Moon????

This list is whack.

:wink:

This list is whack, brother. Including all the fine brews listed by my twin here, Negro Modelo is BY FAR the best Mexican beer out there. Corona is a fine beer for broke college kids celebrating Cinco de Mayo, but Negro Modelo is Mexico's finest.

danman253
06-09-2006, 04:17 PM
Heinekin. Budweiser SUCKS

06-09-2006, 04:38 PM
It's all about the Great Lakes Brewery or Stella.

harrison37
06-09-2006, 05:00 PM

yeah, that summer ale is brewed with lemons right? great stuff.

Yeah, Sam Adams is the best beer thats easy to find and not too expensive. Every flavor is different but great.

P-L
06-09-2006, 06:24 PM
My favorite is Killian's.

CalBears99
06-09-2006, 06:37 PM
Stella definitely. I'm glad you put it in the poll. I had it over in France last summer and it was great. I don't like Heineken. It's too bitter. Budweiser is a bit plain.

Belish
06-09-2006, 06:45 PM
On this list, Stella....

But in real life....Sleeman's Honey Brown...yum brewed in my hometown.

Wow, we're beer soul-mates. I just had my after-prom weekend, and all I had was Stella Artois (it's so smooth, it's like water), Sleeman's Honey Brown, and Labatt Honey (good and cheap)

NIG
06-10-2006, 09:40 AM
Sierra Nevade Pale Ale

yuengling

TitleTown088
01-29-2007, 12:55 AM
Colorado koolaid.

Shane P. Hallam
01-29-2007, 12:57 AM
I haven't drank in two years, but has anyone heard of Yuengling? Can't buy it here in Ohio, but it's what my whole family drinks.

someone447
01-29-2007, 01:07 AM
Ok, I think I have the expertise on Mexican beers here, considering I cross the border every week to get drunk.

Pacifico is the absolute best Mexican beer I have ever had. Next is close with Indio XX and Negro Modelo all neck and neck. So my order is:
1. Pacifico
2. XX
3. Indio
4. Negro Modelo
5. Corona
6. Carta Blanca
7. Sol
8. Tecate

But my favorite beer is Fat Tire, Yuengling is pretty good. Blue Moon also isn't too bad. My favorite beer that I can afford regularly? Keystone Light, after being at TX State and that being the only thing you drink it kind of grows on you. Plus you can't beat 12 bucks for a 30 pack if you want to play beer pong.

JBond98
01-29-2007, 01:12 AM
I dont need to resort to drinking to have a good time

bigrick0016
01-29-2007, 01:16 AM
Corona is so not straight

TitleTown088
01-29-2007, 02:12 AM

Don't fool yourself. Yes you do.

70challenger457
01-29-2007, 06:42 AM

Don't fool yourself. Yes you do.It's the cool thing to do

reigle9
01-29-2007, 06:47 AM
Sierra Nevade Pale Ale

yuengling
PA beer, it's what most everyone here drinks. I think they have it in FL too.

Jughead10
01-29-2007, 07:34 AM
Out of this whack list as some put it, I'd have to choose Stella.

frogstomp
01-29-2007, 10:16 AM
Colorado koolaid.

Out of all the old threads, is this the best one you could find to bring back to life? :?

therock6000
01-29-2007, 11:04 AM
If i'm footing the bill...Yeungling Lager or Heiny

if you are buying...i could care less

JPLUFF
01-29-2007, 11:06 AM
Why so many who voted Miller?

The beer I drink most is Bud Light, but I prefer either Sam Adams or Rolling Rock.

Beans
01-29-2007, 11:12 AM
kool aid

The Unseen
01-29-2007, 11:24 AM
Black Gold

bearsfan_51
01-29-2007, 11:48 AM

if you want a good summer beer, get a wheat beer that's actually brewed with fruit. here's some examples...
Blue Moon is also a wheat beer brewed with orange peels...most bartenders will serve it with an orange wedge as well.

well, now i'm thirsty.
This man speaks the truth.

My favorite beer is Sammy Smith's Oatmeal Stout or Sierra Nevada's Pale Ale.

Jughead10
01-29-2007, 11:53 AM

well, now i'm thirsty.

If you like fruity wheat beer, I strongly suggest you go purchase this new Sam Adam's six pack. I guess they had a contest where home brewer's can submit their beers. There were three winnners so you get 2 bottles of each guys beer in the 6 pack. One guy made a Boisenberry Wheat Beer. It is absolutely fantastic. I really hope Sam's is getting a good response so they can brew this full time.

bearsfan_51
01-29-2007, 11:56 AM

well, now i'm thirsty.

If you like fruity wheat beer, I strongly suggest you go purchase this new Sam Adam's six pack. I guess they had a contest where home brewer's can submit their beers. There were three winnners so you get 2 bottles of each guys beer in the 6 pack. One guy made a Boisenberry Wheat Beer. It is absolutely fantastic. I really hope Sam's is getting a good response so they can brew this full time.
Will do. Thanks. I love the cherry wheat they make. And the fuzzy ale. Mmmmm......

eazyb81
01-29-2007, 01:20 PM
Not a big fan of any of the beers listed in this poll. Heineken, Newcastle, and Guinness are two of my favs, but I am fairly well-rounded when it comes to beer and I can drink pretty much anything.

fischbowl
01-29-2007, 01:26 PM
Nattie Lights:

#1 Choice of Teen Drinkers Across The Country.

drowe
01-29-2007, 02:14 PM

well, now i'm thirsty.

that sounds good...but when i posted about wheat beers, it was summer, the perfect season for a lighter (colored) beer with a hint of fruit...it is now the season for dark and/or bitter beers for me. hate to give credit to an Illinois brew, but Goose Island makes a damn good Oatmeal Stout. Also, I can't seem to get enough Red Hook lately. their ESB, IPA and Winter brew are very good. and, while I haven't found the Sam Adams 6-pack mentioned by Jughead, I did recently buy a variety 12 pack that included a Honey Porter which I really liked.

Jughead10
01-29-2007, 02:22 PM

well, now i'm thirsty.

that sounds good...but when i posted about wheat beers, it was summer, the perfect season for a lighter (colored) beer with a hint of fruit...it is now the season for dark and/or bitter beers for me. hate to give credit to an Illinois brew, but Goose Island makes a damn good Oatmeal Stout. Also, I can't seem to get enough Red Hook lately. their ESB, IPA and Winter brew are very good. and, while I haven't found the Sam Adams 6-pack mentioned by Jughead, I did recently buy a variety 12 pack that included a Honey Porter which I really liked.

I agree. Although those dark/bitter beers are already wearing on me. They come out too early now. Sam released its Spring/White Ale already. I'm a big fan of that. Honey Porter can be bought in 6 packs now and is going to be a regular product by Sam Adams. The 6 pack I mentioned is limited time only, and isn't found in most places. I've only seen in about 3 places in my area, and I go to a lot of liquor stores. Brooklyn Brewery (not sure how much of that stuff gets to the midwest and west coast) made a Winter Lager for the first time this year and it has instantly become one of my favorite winter brews.

TitleTown088
01-29-2007, 03:09 PM
Colorado koolaid.

Out of all the old threads, is this the best one you could find to bring back to life? :?
Out of all the things to do, riding some one's ass for bringing back a topic is the best you could do?

sik wit it
01-29-2007, 03:13 PM
spotted cow>MILLER>>>>>>>>>>everything>>>corona(only acceptable to drink on cinco de mayo and sometime in the summer)

drowe
01-29-2007, 03:32 PM
spotted cow>MILLER>>>>>>>>>>everything>>>corona(only acceptable to drink on cinco de mayo and sometime in the summer)

hmmm...New Glaurus has always been my least favorite of the Wisconsin Micro Brews. all their beers tase like a watered down version of what they're supposed to taste like.
...but, it does serve as a gateway beer into microbrews for the miller/bud lite people out there.

70challenger457
01-29-2007, 04:38 PM
spotted cow>MILLER>>>>>>>>>>everything>>>corona(only acceptable to drink on cinco de mayo and sometime in the summer)spotted cow is good stuff. If it's miller it's got to be my fav, High Life in bottles.

70challenger457
01-29-2007, 04:38 PM
bottles>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>cans

DChess
01-29-2007, 04:41 PM
honey brown biotches

http://img.epinions.com/images/opti/1e/9a/fddkBeersBy_NameJW_Dundees_Honey_Brown_Lager-resized200.jpg

DChess
01-29-2007, 04:42 PM

this is true, but dont hate on cans, they do the job

70challenger457
01-29-2007, 04:51 PM

this is true, but dont hate on cans, they do the jobfor shotguning

SpitKing
01-29-2007, 05:47 PM
Fat Tire, Spotted Cow, Leinies Honey Weiss and Leinies Sunset Wheat

pierce2walker
01-30-2007, 01:14 AM
Ok, I think I have the expertise on Mexican beers here, considering I cross the border every week to get drunk.

Pacifico is the absolute best Mexican beer I have ever had. Next is close with Indio XX and Negro Modelo all neck and neck. So my order is:
1. Pacifico
2. XX
3. Indio
4. Negro Modelo
5. Corona
6. Carta Blanca
7. Sol
8. Tecate

But my favorite beer is Fat Tire, Yuengling is pretty good. Blue Moon also isn't too bad. My favorite beer that I can afford regularly? Keystone Light, after being at TX State and that being the only thing you drink it kind of grows on you. Plus you can't beat 12 bucks for a 30 pack if you want to play beer pong.

This man knows whats hes talking about...me personally I like Fat Tire, Pacifico, Negro Modelo the best then followed by Corona a ways after

TitleTown088
01-30-2007, 01:49 AM
Fat tire is overrated. People only like it because they hear it's sooo good before they taste it, there are much better bears out there.

Belish
01-30-2007, 08:32 AM
What a difference 6 months makes...

Now:

http://www.suninterbrew.ua/eng/images/hoegaarden.jpg

OR

http://www.mri.gouv.qc.ca/USA/en/chicago/Nouvelles/Biere.jpg

drowe
01-30-2007, 08:56 AM
Fat tire is overrated. People only like it because they hear it's sooo good before they taste it, there are much better bears out there.

mmmmmmmm....bears.

rchrd
01-30-2007, 09:44 AM
Jesus didnt realise there were so many wife beaters on here, Stella seriously?. Apparently being a boring veggy I cant drink stuff like Fosters and Guiness anymore so I usually drink Budvar or Bud. And when im already drunk Grolsch (3 bottles for a fiver is tidy when you're already pished).

Becuase most of the above are basically pisswater it helps staying in a happy place and helps to avoid hangovers. I dont get completely blasted anymore, just nicely drunk.

Hoegaarden is rank.

UKfan
01-30-2007, 09:59 AM
Kronenbourg for me

http://www.pub-enterprises.co.uk/apps/publicsystem.nsf/(webBrands)/E06347934A33889280256BA2002D9F1D/$FILE/webBrandKronenbourg3.gif

RyanLeaf#1
01-31-2007, 06:30 AM
Hoegaarden