PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Breakout underclassmen

Ozzy
06-09-2010, 09:37 PM
This list is clearly not including incoming freshman yet, but here are a few names to watch for this up coming season from the JR and SOPH classes. These players are very talented and should become house hold draft names this up coming season.

*Broderick Green RB Arkansas JR: Showed a few signs last year and with Smith now out of the way he should get a lot more carries and become the feature back of that offense. A very big and talented kid.

*DC Jefferson TE Rutgers JR: Is extremely raw but watch out, he will be a house hold name at tight end after this season. Especially with the solid development of Savage at quarterback, he should see plenty of balls come his way.

*Russell Shepard WR LSU SOPH: Should have a standout year, big time athlete and with the potential development of Jefferson at quarterback, Shepard could be a number one or two option at receiver, there no reason he should not be.

*Larry Caper RB Michigan State SOPH: Had some injury issues last year, but is a fine running back potentially. Thick kid, hard to bring down and has nice patience in the hole, look for big things out of him this year.

*Devon Kennard OLB USC SOPH: Showed flashes at the end of last season, very thick and strong linebacker with speed. Could be the best linebacker on the team by the end of this season.

*Randall Cobb WR Kentucky JR: I think he has big time playmaking ability and potential, very athletic kid, strong and can make things happen. If they get him the ball more often he could have a great season for Kentucky.

*Jonathan Martin OT Stanford SOPH: A very talented young lineman and will be one of the best. Very good athlete and he should be a constant starter this season. Will be one of many solid young offensive lineman for Stanford.

*Mike Goodman Jr OT Boston College SOPH: Should be the next great Boston College lineman, has a wonderful frame, big thick kid and has good feet. Should develop into a star either this season or next.

*Jason Ford RB Illinois JR: With the quarterback situation in question Illinois should run the ball more, and that would be with Ford. A big powerful back and showed great quickness for his size last year. Should continue to improve and get even better.

*Doug Martin RB Boise State JR: Had a great season last year quietly but this year everyone will know who he is. Very good running back that can get the tough yardage, should be the feature back this season.

*Michael Williams Alabama SOPH: A few tight ends left for Bama and Williams should step right in next year. Huge kid, and if anything he should become a dominating blocker, and if you get some out of him in the passing game it is just a plus.

*Dejuan Miller WR Oklahoma JR: A huge and talented receiver, with the one two punch of him and Broyles he should have a great year and be really productive. No reason he cannot produce this up coming season for them.

*Antoine Hicks WR TCU JR: Big time playmaker potentially and he should be even better this year. Has game breaking speed and should get many more opportunities this year for the Frogs.

*Jarmon Fortson WR Florida State JR: No reason why he should not be the top receiver for Florida State. He is big and strong and has all the physical ability, and with Ponder's development as a quarterback he should become his number one target.

*Johnson Bademosi CB Stanford JR: Very solid corner that should have a real fine season this year. Has good technique and that is good news for Stanford because they need help in the secondary.

*Tyrone Duplessis RB La Tech SOPH: With Porter gone Duplessis should be the main option running the ball. A quick little back with a low center of gravity, he should have a real breakout year for them with his quickness and big play potential.

Texas Homer
06-10-2010, 12:29 AM
Nice list.

I'll add a few of my own from Texas.

Texas (Jr.) WR Malcolm Williams-6'3 225. TO size and potential (imo). Williams needs to put it all together and have big season. Williams is capable of it though.

Texas (Jr.) LB Keenan Robinson-6'3 232. Robinson has good size, good range and hits like a TRUCK. I think Muschamp is going to develop him into a Big-Time LB'er.

Texas (Jr.) DT Kheeston Randall-6'5 295. Kheeston is a HUGE dude that can really move.

Texas (Jr.) LB Emmanuel Acho-6'2 235. The younger Acho brother is an extremely athletic sideline-to-sideline LB'er.

I'm not sure if any of them would consider coming out after their Jr. season, but if I had to guess then I could see Robinson and Randall having really big seasons and get graded/ranked highly from some scouts.

dannyz
06-10-2010, 02:29 AM
Yeah Malcolm Williams has the potential to be a beast.

Ozzy
06-10-2010, 07:21 AM
Texas (Jr.) WR Malcolm Williams-6'3 225. TO size and potential (imo). Williams needs to put it all together and have big season. Williams is capable of it though.True, he is a very talented receiver, but I expect big things out of John Chiles to be honest, hopefully he really breaks out this year and plays up to his potential, at times he looks like a really talented receiver, just needs more opportunity.

Robinson played well last year and was on of their better backers, but yes this year people will know who he is a lot more, that is for sure. Honestly thought the loss of Houston and Kindle will hurt them more than they know. Unless the incoming freshman are that good, which I doubt, they will be effected by the loss of both those dominating players inside.

JFLO
06-10-2010, 08:17 AM
Some OSU mentions:

Mike Adams OT JR. - - Was very highly recruited will saw playing time here and there during his first two seasons. He's going to start at LT this season and he oozes potential to be a great blindside guy.

Zach Boren FB SO. - - Kinda weird mentioning a fullback, but Boren is the real deal. A high school linebacker, he punishes players during his blocks and should pave the way for a mixed crew of tailbacks for the team this season.

Duron Carter WR SO. - - Could start the season opposite side of Posey, but is a threat in the slot as well. He has surefire hands and is a great route runner.

Nathan Williams DE/LB JR. - - Plays a hybrid like position for the team and is a solid all-around talent. He has a knack for making plays behind the LOS and is very, very strong.

Jake Stoneburner TE R/SO. - - Tall, lanky and speedy threat to stretch the field. He needs to develop his run blocking but he is a dynamic player with great receiving ability.

Etienne Sabino LB JR. - - He should start the season on the strong side and is a natural athlete and tackler.

Ozzy
06-10-2010, 09:28 AM
JFLO
Some OSU mentions:

Mike Adams OT JR. - - Was very highly recruited will saw playing time here and there during his first two seasons. He's going to start at LT this season and he oozes potential to be a great blindside guy.

Zach Boren FB SO. - - Kinda weird mentioning a fullback, but Boren is the real deal. A high school linebacker, he punishes players during his blocks and should pave the way for a mixed crew of tailbacks for the team this season.

Duron Carter WR SO. - - Could start the season opposite side of Posey, but is a threat in the slot as well. He has surefire hands and is a great route runner.

Nathan Williams DE/LB JR. - - Plays a hybrid like position for the team and is a solid all-around talent. He has a knack for making plays behind the LOS and is very, very strong.

Jake Stoneburner TE R/SO. - - Tall, lanky and speedy threat to stretch the field. He needs to develop his run blocking but he is a dynamic player with great receiving ability.

Etienne Sabino LB JR. - - He should start the season on the strong side and is a natural athlete and tackler.Boren I agree, he should be a fine fullback for them, oddly enough don't they also have Jamar Martin's brother as well at fullback? If he is anything like his brother, he should be a great player as well.

Nathan Williams I am interested to see, remember one guy on here saying he is better than Gibson, I doubt that but we will see.

And Carter better show up, he is the son of Chris and he should be a good player. Sadly in any sport almost no son of a famous Hall of Fame player ever becomes greater than their dad. Almost never happens ever!

Look at Montana's son, Munoz's son, Winslow's son, Elway's son, Payton's son etc. etc. Even Michael Jordan's son in basketball, Ewing's son, Walton's son....list goes on forever. And do not give me this Archie Manning/ Peyton and Eli stuff, Archie was never an all time great quarterback or one of the top 10 ever.

It totally works the other way around however, average to slightly above pro athlete dad and their sons become better than them, happened with Kobe and Peyton and many others. But rarely if ever happens that the dad is a all time great and kid is even better than him.

tjsunstein
06-10-2010, 09:41 AM
Peyton and Eli Manning. Barry Bonds. Griffey,Jr. Grant Hill. Moises Alou. It does happen.

Dayne Crist, QB, Notre Dame
Alex Okafor, DE, Texas

Ozzy
06-10-2010, 11:01 AM
Peyton and Eli Manning. Barry Bonds. Griffey,Jr. Grant Hill. Moises Alou. It does happen.
I said again Archie is not a all time football great, great college player but as a pro he is not in the NFL Hall of Fame, Peyton is a lock for the Hall of Fame thus he is the better of the two.

As for baseball, I cannot speak for that because I do not watch it, but were Bonds, Griffey and Alou's fathers really better than their sons? I doubt it.

As for Grant Hill, his dad did not even play the same sport as him so that does not count in my opinion.

Thus no real examples here in my opinion. Again I am talking Hall of Fame dad, with a son that reaches that same level. I have yet to find one.

tjsunstein
06-10-2010, 11:27 AM
I said again Archie is not a all time football great, great college player but as a pro he is not in the NFL Hall of Fame, Peyton is a lock for the Hall of Fame thus he is the better of the two.

As for baseball, I cannot speak for that because I do not watch it, but were Bonds, Griffey and Alou's fathers really better than their sons? I doubt it.

As for Grant Hill, his dad did not even play the same sport as him so that does not count in my opinion.

Thus no real examples here in my opinion. Again I am talking Hall of Fame dad, with a son that reaches that same level. I have yet to find one.

Sadly in any sport almost no son of a famous Hall of Fame player ever becomes greater than their dad.

I missed the hall of fame player part.

Jakey
06-10-2010, 02:06 PM
What can people tell me about Alshon Jefferey? I saw him play once or twice last year, and came away very impressed.

OaklandRaider56
06-10-2010, 02:29 PM
Boren I agree, he should be a fine fullback for them, oddly enough don't they also have Jamar Martin's brother as well at fullback? If he is anything like his brother, he should be a great player as well.

Nathan Williams I am interested to see, remember one guy on here saying he is better than Gibson, I doubt that but we will see.

And Carter better show up, he is the son of Chris and he should be a good player. Sadly in any sport almost no son of a famous Hall of Fame player ever becomes greater than their dad. Almost never happens ever!

Look at Montana's son, Munoz's son, Winslow's son, Elway's son, Payton's son etc. etc. Even Michael Jordan's son in basketball, Ewing's son, Walton's son....list goes on forever. And do not give me this Archie Manning/ Peyton and Eli stuff, Archie was never an all time great quarterback or one of the top 10 ever.

It totally works the other way around however, average to slightly above pro athlete dad and their sons become better than them, happened with Kobe and Peyton and many others. But rarely if ever happens that the dad is a all time great and kid is even better than him.

This is irrelevant but I played against one of Deion Sanders illegitimate sons in high school.

Texas Homer
06-10-2010, 08:07 PM
True, he is a very talented receiver, but I expect big things out of John Chiles to be honest, hopefully he really breaks out this year and plays up to his potential, at times he looks like a really talented receiver, just needs more opportunity.

Robinson played well last year and was on of their better backers, but yes this year people will know who he is a lot more, that is for sure. Honestly thought the loss of Houston and Kindle will hurt them more than they know. Unless the incoming freshman are that good, which I doubt, they will be effected by the loss of both those dominating players inside.

Yeah, I think Chiles will have a pretty good season too. Last year was his 1st season at WR for Texas. I hope Chiles makes BIG strides his 2nd year at the WR position.

No Doubt Kindle and Houston were both absolute Beast on the field. Hopefully Eddie Jones, Sam Acho and Alex Okafor can step up at DE.I hope Kheeston "Big Money" Randall and Calvin Howell both step up in a big way at DT for Texas as well.

Sniper
06-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Duron Carter WR SO. - - Could start the season opposite side of Posey, but is a threat in the slot as well. He has surefire hands and is a great route runner

I can't verify to their accuracy, but I've heard rumors that Carter may redshirt this year because of grades.

For Michigan...

Ryan Van Bergen, redshirt junior, defensive end
Mike Martin, junior, defensive tackle
Junior Hemingway, redshirt junior, wide receiver
David Molk, redshirt junior, center
Patrick Omameh, redshirt sophomore, guard
Craig Roh, sophomore, defensive end/linebacker

CashmoneyDrew
06-11-2010, 12:11 AM
Defensive Tackle Montori Hughes and Safety Janzen Jackson are two to watch at Tennessee. They are both future first rounders in my opinion.

Ozzy
06-13-2010, 06:27 PM
Sniper
For Michigan...

Ryan Van Bergen, redshirt junior, defensive end
Mike Martin, junior, defensive tackle
Junior Hemingway, redshirt junior, wide receiver
David Molk, redshirt junior, center
Patrick Omameh, redshirt sophomore, guard
Craig Roh, sophomore, defensive end/linebackerI agree with Martin, he is a solid looking player and I always liked Roh as a prospect since high school. Could add Campbell to the list possibly as well for them, and hell Gardner could be the starting quarterback by years end.

RealityCheck
06-13-2010, 06:34 PM
Three guys on UNC's defense who are second fiddlers compared to the stars of Quinn, Austin, Carter, Burney, Sturdivant and Williams, but can excel to be stars in the 2012 class:

Zach Brown, LB
Quinton Coples, DE
Tydreke Powell, DT

sbh15
06-13-2010, 06:55 PM
Will Hill, S, UF

He's getting a lot of hype, but hasn't really done a whole lot yet.

underscore
06-13-2010, 07:21 PM
Michael Mauti, LB, R-So, Penn State.

Probably would have been a starter at MLB last year as a true soph, but blew his ACL in preseason camp. 6'2", 231. Father played in the NFL for seven years. THe next great LB at PSU.

tjsunstein
06-15-2010, 10:54 AM
Defensive Tackle Montori Hughes and Safety Janzen Jackson are two to watch at Tennessee. They are both future first rounders in my opinion.
Janzen Jackson broke out last year when he avoided charges against him in the robbery case.

JFLO
06-15-2010, 11:04 AM
Will Hill, S, UF

He's getting a lot of hype, but hasn't really done a whole lot yet.

Totally agree. Whenever I watch Florida games, I'm always looking for Hill and he's not really making any impact plays. Granted, he had a great front 7 in front of him in 2009. He needs to improve the physicality of his game. Whenever he had the opportunity to make a big time tackle, it seemed he either went half-ass at it or just avoided the contact all together.

He has great range though.

I'm looking for one Gator to have a monster season though and that is DL Jaye Howard. I think he is tremendously underrated and is a really good athlete. I'm not sure if he'll declare even with a good season this year, but he is a player I'm going to be watching throughout next season.

keylime_5
06-15-2010, 11:07 AM
Ohio State DE Nathan Williams and DT John Simon. Monster D-Line.

LizardState
06-15-2010, 12:23 PM
What can people tell me about Alshon Jefferey? I saw him play once or twice last year, and came away very impressed.

Jeffrey impressed me in the 2-3 SEC games I saw play last yr. as a freshman, could be the next SEC WR superstar after Julio & AJ Greene depart for the NFL probably in the next draft.

South Carolina native Jeffrey became nationally famous b/c he transferred from one USC to the other USC, from LA, CA to the U. of South Carolina Gamecocks. Maybe he was a trendsetter b/c it looks like lots of upperclassmen are transferring from USC, the floodgates have opened with last wk's sanctions.

Sniper
06-15-2010, 12:24 PM
Jeffrey impressed me in the 2-3 SEC games I saw play last yr. as a freshman, could be the next SEC WR superstar after Julio & AJ Greene depart for the NFL probably in the next draft.

South Carolina native Jeffrey became nationally famous b/c he transferred from one USC to the other USC, from LA, CA to the U. of South Carolina Gamecocks. Maybe he was a trendsetter b/c it looks like lots of upperclassmen are transferring from USC, the floodgates have opened with last wk's sanctions.

He never transferred. He decommitted from USCalifornia and signed with USCarolina.

dannyz
06-15-2010, 12:53 PM
Jacory Harris could be another high round pick. Should really break out this year.

tjsunstein
06-15-2010, 01:20 PM
Jacory Harris could be another high round pick. Should really break out this year.

Jacory really broke out last year during the first half of the year. Had quite a few talking Heisman a couple games in.

Brent
06-15-2010, 04:12 PM
Since I only know one team well:

Christine Michael - RB - SOPH - Was the Big 12 Offensive Freshman of the year last year and should have another big year. While only starting 3 games, seeing action in 11 total, Michael's 166 carries netted 844 yards for a 5.1 YPC, as well as 10 TDs all while sharing the load with Cyrus Gray in a passing-oriented offense.

Jeff Fuller - WR - JR - After having 50 receptions for 630 yards and 9 TDs as a true freshman, in only 8 starts, Fuller had 41 receptions for 568 yards and 7 TDs while missing 4 games to a broken leg. He will be a starting WR again this year.

Uzoma "Easy" Nwachukwu - WR - SOPH - As a true freshman, he started every game and lead the team in yards with 708 on only 40 receptions, while scoring 6 TDs. He's nicknamed "Easy" by the team because he makes everything look easy.

RealityCheck
06-15-2010, 07:06 PM
Christine Michael - RB - SOPH - Was the Big 12 Offensive Freshman of the year last year and should have another big year. While only starting 3 games, seeing action in 11 total, Michael's 166 carries netted 844 yards for a 5.1 YPC, as well as 10 TDs all while sharing the load with Cyrus Gray in a passing-oriented offense.
One of my favorite players in CFB right now. I hope he ends up as a 1st round pick.

TitanHope
06-15-2010, 07:25 PM

This. The robbery incident aside, I thought Janzen was Eric Berry several times last season. I'm fully expecting him to be All-SEC next season.

Montori Hughes should be a good one too. Maybe RB Tauren Poole?

TACKLE
06-15-2010, 07:54 PM
Jeff Fuller - WR - JR - After having 50 receptions for 630 yards and 9 TDs as a true freshman, in only 8 starts, Fuller had 41 receptions for 568 yards and 7 TDs while missing 4 games to a broken leg. He will be a starting WR again this year.

He was a beast against Texas. That was the only A&M game I watched all the way through and Fuller and Jerrod Johnson put on a show.

CashmoneyDrew
06-15-2010, 08:01 PM
This. The robbery incident aside, I thought Janzen was Eric Berry several times last season. I'm fully expecting him to be All-SEC next season.

Montori Hughes should be a good one too. Maybe RB Tauren Poole?

Hmmmm... I think he has the talent.... but that line could be questionable this season. He may have to have a senior break out year like Montario.

MaxV
06-16-2010, 12:18 PM
Penn State's DE Jack Crawford and DT Devon Still are both very talented.

Crawford had a good year last season, but I think he's just scratching the surface of his potential.

Hines
06-16-2010, 12:37 PM
Penn State's DE Jack Crawford and DT Devon Still are both very talented.

Crawford had a good year last season, but I think he's just scratching the surface of his potential.

I agree. If he puts up huge numbers, I think he could go in the range of where Maybin went.

LizardState
06-16-2010, 03:15 PM
He never transferred. He decommitted from USCalifornia and signed with USCarolina.

Thx for the clarification. That explains why he didn't sit a yr & was freshman last season. He dodged a big bullet by decommiting at USC considering what's just transpired there, he would be a Trojan underclassman & stuck there during the bowl ban.

TitansCJftw
06-16-2010, 10:03 PM
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/images/photos2009/sf20090104a2a.jpg

Hines
06-16-2010, 10:12 PM
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/images/photos2009/sf20090104a2a.jpg

ED is a beast.

thenewfeature06
06-17-2010, 01:21 PM
Mywan Jackson unfortuantely is a sophmore and might not see alot of playing time but in the blue/white scrimmage he stood out. Very athletic and disrupt the run game with his aggressiveness.

phlysac
06-17-2010, 07:35 PM
Two true sophomores that I expect to break out for the Pittsburgh Panthers this season...

Offense

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/4298/raygraham.png
Ray Graham - Running Back

Defense

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5600/danmason.jpg
Dan Mason - Linebacker

RealityCheck
06-17-2010, 07:58 PM
Graham/Lewis will be such a great tandem.

critesy
06-17-2010, 10:04 PM
Auburn

darvin adams, wr, jr - had 1000 yards receiving last year and his only getting better. he's tall (6'3 190) and has great long range speed. great double moves as well. not afraid to go across the middle.

quandarious carr, wr, jr - little slot guy who hasnt seen much action will probably start in the slot this year, look amazing in spring practice and game... in the game had 150+ yards. be good for wr reverses and such.

cam newton, qb, jr - big mutha fucka at 6'6 250 with a laser rocket arm. going to be alot of play action and roll outs and read options with him. lacks some accuracy but who cares hes a beast.

VUBlacknGold
06-17-2010, 11:33 PM
Vanderbilt Players

Offense

Warren Norman and Zac Stacy they should be a great 1, 2 punch. Norman set the record for most all-purpose yards ever by an SEC freshman, and a lot of that was on returns but still, gotta show him love and Stacy was an amazing RB, he just needs to stay healthy. Those two combined could easily have 2000 yards of total offense

Defense

Chris Marve and Sean Richardson are 2 players that should breakout nationally. Marve has been one of the best LBs in the SEC the last 2 years, hes undersized but he is a great leader and is a solid tackler. Richardson should really have a break out year, but like Stacy he just needs to stay healthy. I expect him to have a 70 tackle 5 pick type season.

Larry Smith is my number 1 hopeful though, keep the #10 strong in Vandy

dannyz
06-18-2010, 12:14 PM
Rex Burkhead,RB Nebraska. Sould get alot of carries this year and show how good he is.

Hines
06-27-2010, 12:39 AM
Couple Pitt underclassman to watch out for is Shane Hayle DE/LB and Brandon Lindsay, DE/LB. Both can get after the quarterback.

RealityCheck
06-27-2010, 09:38 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/1015/ncf_g_dmurray1_600.jpg

The second comings of Sean Taylor and Ed Reed.

bce
06-27-2010, 06:20 PM

Alshon jeffrey is certainly one to watch

Ozzy
07-05-2010, 07:13 AM
RealityCheck The second comings of Sean Taylor and Ed Reed.That would be sweet, but I bet that never becomes the case based on what little he showed last year. He does not have the ball skills, or the speed or the coverage ability much less the tackling ability. He looked like a fast linebacker at safety last year, big kid, not fast, Taylor had size and speed Armstrong will probably never possess.

ToldLikeItIs
07-05-2010, 09:36 AM
Iowa

Brandon Wegher, RB

Micah Hyde, CB

Giantsfan1080
07-05-2010, 01:55 PM
Mohamed Sanu for Rutgers also if you want to count him.

dannyz
07-05-2010, 05:08 PM
Adam Robinson should be good this year.

bce
07-06-2010, 07:22 PM
robert griffin 3

RealityCheck
07-06-2010, 07:25 PM
Adam Robinson should be good this year.
You mean Adrian Robinson?

gpngc
07-12-2010, 10:16 PM
Who breaks out statistically in the BCS conferences?

1000+ yards or 13+ TDs or 75+ catches?

princefielder28
07-12-2010, 10:46 PM
Who breaks out statistically in the BCS conferences?

1000+ yards or 13+ TDs or 75+ catches?

Chris Owusu

thenewfeature06
07-12-2010, 10:47 PM
Erik Highsmith and maybe Jheranie Boyd could potentially get there without that many tds.. depending on how much we run after Yates leaves

Other guys besides UNC players.. Nukeese Richardson? Alshon Jeffery could be a stud as well from South Carolina

TitanHope
07-12-2010, 11:32 PM
Erik Highsmith and maybe Jheranie Boyd could potentially get there without that many tds.. depending on how much we run after Yates leaves

Other guys besides UNC players.. Nukeese Richardson? Alshon Jeffery could be a stud as well from South Carolina

When we say "breakout," we're not talking about jail.

gouldo
07-13-2010, 03:42 AM
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/more-sports/big-aussie-jesse-williams-set-for-gridiron-glory-in-us/story-e6frey6i-1225891216182

This was posted in our newspaper today. He's supposed to be the next big thing from Australia playing NFL. Now, I dunno if the writer has any credability, or wether she knows what the difference between gridiron and an iron of any type, but, apparently this kid is pretty good.

Does anyone know anything about him?

And before anyone asks who the 1st big thing from Australia was... the only 3that were any good that I can think of are ex chargers punter Darren Bennet - He was very good, Sav Rocca form Philly & Matt McBriar from the 'Boys.

RealityCheck
07-13-2010, 08:45 AM
http://media2.newsobserver.com/smedia/2010/04/10/21/fbcunc0411_G3J18P8OM.1+UNC05-SP-041010-RTW.embedded.prod_affiliate.156.jpg
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/East+Carolina+v+North+Carolina+NEcZjGzzs-Ul.jpg

Make it happen, Butch.

thenewfeature06
07-13-2010, 08:49 AM
Haha that made me smile and laugh.. our jerseys are sooooooooooooooooo coooooooooooolio but yeah let Renner air it out.

jbooshey
07-15-2010, 03:42 PM
Here is your voice from Wisconsin...

RB-SO. Montee Ball-but only this year if John Clay gets hurt.Typical big UW back at 5'11" 234lbs...didn't get action until 5 games in.

OLB-SO. Chris Borland-Only considered a breakout if you don't pay attention to UW. He was the Big 10 Freshman of the year. 54tkl 10.5tfl 5.0sack...also 106 KR yards, and kicked 3 extra points against Hawaii. All in only 6 starts. May be a Wisconsin folk hero by time he is done at UW.

FS-RsJR Aaron Henry-Healthy and a year behind his belt switching from CB to FS. Look for Henry to be a ballhawk safety that makes plays.

TE-RsSR. Lance Kendricks- UW is the new TE U. and Kendricks is going to be the new star.

DT- Rs.FR Jordan Kohout- at 6'3" 292lbs and coming in highly touted, look for Kohout to fill a desperate need and be a beast in the middle of the line for the next 4 years.

C-RsSO. Peter Konz- started a number of games at center last year after an injuries reshuffled the OL rotation. Konz is a very good athlete at 6'5" 312lbs. Should be a top Center prospect in two years.

DE-RsJR. Louis Nzegwu- One of the best overall athletes on the team and 6'4" 247lbs, he should breakout and have NFL scouts drooling over the prospects of him playing OLB in the 3-4.

QB-RsSR. Scott Tolzien- If you don't know him now, he will finish the season better than Ricky Stanzi.

WR-RsJR.- Nick Toon- will be a top pro prospect when he comes out either this year or the next.

iowatreat54
07-15-2010, 04:10 PM
I actually LOLd at Wisconsin being the new TE U. Good stuff.

Btw, do people really not understand what underclassmen means?