PDA

View Full Version : Two year post-season ban for USC Trojans

Scotty D
06-09-2010, 11:14 PM
http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/report-usc-receives-2-year-ncaa-postseason-ban-28500

Pete Carroll runs to the NFL to escape it.

Hawk
06-09-2010, 11:17 PM
Hahahahaha

I guess thats just karma for Lane

Brodeur
06-09-2010, 11:21 PM
More stupid ******** from the NCAA, shocker.

mellojello
06-09-2010, 11:23 PM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-usc-20100610,0,7548894.story

Giantsfan1080
06-09-2010, 11:37 PM
Glad the NCAA just picks and chooses who to screw over.

Giantsfan1080
06-09-2010, 11:39 PM
They also lost 20 scholarships.

slightlyaraiderfan
06-09-2010, 11:43 PM
**** you NCAA, Reggie and Pete! There has to be a lot more then was known to get those kinds of sanctions, we'll see tomorrow

descendency
06-09-2010, 11:45 PM

Yea, because cheating shouldn't be punished...

Michigan
06-10-2010, 12:02 AM

should the penalty be harsher?

mellojello
06-10-2010, 12:05 AM
What's the over/under on Lane Kiffin screwing something up and getting SC in even bigger trouble?

critesy
06-10-2010, 12:09 AM
loss of a NC and granted to AU :D ????

Scotty D
06-10-2010, 12:10 AM
Bye bye to Seantrel Henderson?

mellojello
06-10-2010, 12:27 AM
The "real man of genius" award goes to...

http://footballnetwork.wordpress.com/2010/02/03/5-star-wr-markeith-ambles-signs-with-usc-trojans/

TACKLE
06-10-2010, 12:31 AM
Wow! This is huge.

The NCAA is so inconsistent. The penalty was way too harsh. This is bad for USC, this is bad for the Pac-10 and this is bad for college football.

TitanHope
06-10-2010, 12:46 AM
Bummer.

Did he officially sign yet? I've read that he had, and then I read that he hadn't and he was waiting on the result of the investigation.

Kiffin should still get recruits, but not #1 classes. How bad could this hurt the Pac 10/Big 12 conference expansion? Still probably too much money on the table to affect it happening, but in terms of recruiting the new Big 12 markets and teams like Texas and Oklahoma recruiting California? Not good to be hindered at this point in the juncture with those caliber programs now on the block. Not to mention the existing Pac 10 schools.

Recruiting Gurus: Any insight on how this affects the current recruiting landscape?

XLIV
06-10-2010, 01:42 AM
Glad the NCAA just picks and chooses who to screw over.

thats sad if you believe what you said.

XLIV
06-10-2010, 01:44 AM
loss of a NC and granted to AU :D ????wow you'd really want one like that?

brat316
06-10-2010, 01:47 AM
HAhahahahhaha. Oh how they have fallen. Kiffen probably regrets taking this job now. But then again with his ego, he is gonna think in 2 years i'm turn this baby into a power machine again.

TitanHope
06-10-2010, 02:03 AM
wow you'd really want one like that?

They'll probably "claim" it anyways. That is, if the NCAA goes as far as erasing USC's '04 championship.

It should've been USC vs Auburn in that game anyway, but hindsight is 20/20.

I agree though that it shouldn't be redacted and given to Auburn, or even Oklahoma who was the other participant in the actual game. Wipe it away if they choose to, but I don't like the NCAA/BCS retroactively awarding a National Championship. Unless if Auburn was a co-champion, but I don't think they were (just going on memory, and could very well be wrong on that).

mellojello
06-10-2010, 02:09 AM
HAhahahahhaha. Kiffen probably regrets taking this job now.You are smoking crack if you think Kiffin regrets taking a baby sitting job that pays him 4M/year.

soybean
06-10-2010, 02:20 AM
F***!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, Matt Barkley does not deserve this... He was gonna win the next three National Championships and Heisman or two!

With Masoli being a dumbass and now this, PERFECT time for Cal and/or Udub to take over and make a run fro the championship.

Also a loss of 20 scholarships?? It's an 85 man roster... the USC era is officially over..

soybean
06-10-2010, 02:31 AM
Hahahahaha

I guess thats just karma for Lane

Yes you lost your head coach and we lost scholarships post season berth. And sanctions that trickle down to the entire athletic department. I'm sure the swimming team and baseball teams as well as gymnastics and waterpolo really deserved getting punished for reggie bush.

Im sure the faitful student body as well as the die hard fans deserved this.

Not to mention the loss of scholarships, and essentially money will make it possibly another decade before SC is back on top.

But yeah! Karma! take that Lane! [/sarcasm]

CashmoneyDrew
06-10-2010, 02:43 AM
F***!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, Matt Barkley does not deserve this... He was gonna win the next three National Championships and Heisman or two!

With Masoli being a dumbass and now this, PERFECT time for Cal and/or Udub to take over and make a run fro the championship.

Also a loss of 20 scholarships?? It's an 85 man roster... the USC era is officially over..

It's not like they're losing 20 in one year. I'm sure it's spread out over at least 4 or 5 years.

I don't have anything against USC, but I won't be shedding any tears for them.

soybean
06-10-2010, 02:48 AM
It's not like they're losing 20 in one year. I'm sure it's spread out over at least 4 or 5 years.

I don't have anything against USC, but I won't be shedding any tears for them.

I think it just sucks how one guy (or two if you wanna include OJ mayo) can affectively ruin not only the football program but the other athletic programs as well. The sanctions are not only against the football program but against the whole athletic department.

Regardless if you feel this is just or not, I would feel bad for any school that is a recipient of such a penalty.

CashmoneyDrew
06-10-2010, 02:54 AM
Sounds like you need to contact the athletics department and give them hell for not keeping a close eye on things.

Ward
06-10-2010, 03:37 AM
As a son of the city of Dallas, those of you calling this harsh have no perspective. Unless it's the death penalty, piss off.

SchizophrenicBatman
06-10-2010, 03:43 AM
yea this is nothing, Alabama got something similar a few years back and just won the NC so it won't hurt USC too bad

imo this is actually kind of soft. Indiana basketball got daggered way worse for less cheating

wonderbredd24
06-10-2010, 06:44 AM
As a son of the city of Dallas, those of you calling this harsh have no perspective. Unless it's the death penalty, piss off.

agree 100%

Brodeur
06-10-2010, 07:19 AM
Yea, because cheating shouldn't be punished...

Oh please, rewarding the best athletes the college had is hardly cheating.

wonderbredd24
06-10-2010, 07:26 AM

Or it's the textbook definition of it

Brodeur
06-10-2010, 07:31 AM
Or it's the textbook definition of it

It's cheating in accordance to the absurd rules of the NCAA that refuse to reward the athletes, but since those suck, I refuse to see it as cheating.

wonderbredd24
06-10-2010, 07:34 AM
It's cheating in accordance to the absurd rules of the NCAA that refuse to reward the athletes, but since those suck, I refuse to see it as cheating.

Yea, free college must be rough.

I'm painfully aware of your "I didn't agree to it, so it's not cheating" philosophy in your role as the Steroid Lobbyist

CC
06-10-2010, 08:05 AM

In that case, all scholarships will be returned and restriction lifted.

Brent
06-10-2010, 08:06 AM
Seriously. They're still not fully recovered, likely never will, though the current state of SMU football is optimistic.

I love this Aaron Rodgers tweet:

@AaronRodgers12: Looking forward to getting my PAC-10 championship ring from the '04 season. Thanks @claymatthews52

MaybeDavis
06-10-2010, 08:11 AM
What USC exacly does to earn this ban?

LizardState
06-10-2010, 08:39 AM
Recruiting Gurus: Any insight on how this affects the current recruiting landscape?

It's an all bets are off situation, letters of intent to play for SC are meaningless now. That's what happened at Bama when they got their 2nd probation when the NCAA brought the hammer down, later All Americans Marcus McNeil & Ronnie Brown among many others had committed to Bama then suddenly joined the flood of recruits who went to Auburn, when SMU got the death penalty in '87 I think all their recruits except one cleared out the next day & went elsewhere. BTW the film Necessary Roughness was based on the SMU death penalty experience & the entire Southwest Conference collapsing b/c of corruption the previous yr.

Now those former SW Conference members who joined the Big 12 are being lured away by big $ & the Big 12 is an odds-on favorite to be OOB within a yr. so I guess what goes around, comes around.

It was common knowledge at USC athletics that boosters were funneling $ through 3rd party dummy companies to pay for Reggie Bush's family's condo there, & when asked about it by reporters 5 yrs. ago Bush & his roommate Matt Leinert just said No Comment & gave the sports press ****-eating grins. Mayo was as guilty as it got. Who is grinning now at USC? Carroll who dodged this bullet when he clearly saw it coming by running to the NFL & the same people who saw their singular conference dominance collapse last season to teams in the state of Oregon & to Stanford?

What's surprising is it took so long to happen -- the NCAA is like the wheels of justice, they grind slowly but they grind fine. The NCAA was lenient when you consider they could have given them the death penalty too. Apparently it's all in how the school's response Wed. is carefully worded by their attys, it's called the Come to Jesus letter for programs under investigation for a good reason.

The tarnished image of USC athletics & the hypocrisy should surprise no one since this is the athletic dept. that hid away OJ Simpson's Heisman photo from the trophy case when he was indicted for double homicide.

LonghornsLegend
06-10-2010, 08:56 AM

Preach.

Also I think it's pretty lame how Carroll and Bush can do shady crap, leave to the NFL, and the new players who come along get punished. That's pretty damn weak.

So basically if they go 12-0 in the regular season their season is just over? This should be an interesting end of the season for the next 2 seasons because with Oregon down USC was bound to make a push for one of the next two NC games.

brat316
06-10-2010, 09:07 AM
Its not really on Bush and Pete, its more like blaming the athletic department. They had to know something was up.

XxXdragonXxX
06-10-2010, 09:12 AM
Its not really on Bush and Pete, its more like blaming the athletic department. They had to know something was up.

Yeah I read on ESPN.com that the basketball program was in on it too. It's the boosters buying these guys cars, not the coaches.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
06-10-2010, 09:14 AM
If USC wins the pac 10, does the 2nd best team now go to the rose bowl?

keylime_5
06-10-2010, 09:40 AM
I think this means that the USC junior and senior football players can transfer without sitting out a year doesn't it? Even if they stay the good ones would almost certainly leave a year early with no chance of winning a title I would think. Also Matt Barkley won't get a chance to win any more than one national championship and one more bowl game at USC....though I think it might increase his chances of staying all four years considering he'll not want to leave USC after three years and two non-bowl years.

LizardState
06-10-2010, 09:43 AM
It's the boosters buying these guys cars, not the coaches.

It was the totally out of control boosters from various schools in the South that pimped the Memphis players for sale (at $100K a pop) scandal in the late 90s too, the ones who paid the 6 figs for players at Bama that got them the 2nd probation were banned for life from the program, I hope the same fate awaits those at USC. Other boosters who paid for players there got Kentucky HC Hal Mumme fired before he even coached his 1st game & Tennessee & Memphis U. put under the NCAA microscope, now the Vols program is under investigation with results pending -- ironic that Kiffin is involved with both schools isn't it? He had to know this was coming with its stiff penalties (20 lost scholarships? could be a program killer) when he took the SC job, well, he wanted the megabucks that came with it.....

Update: one of the banned for life Memphis Bama boosters was found in rural Tennessee about 2 yrs ago slumped over the steering wheel of his car with a bullet hole in his head, you don't think they take their FB seriously there? I'm not saying they should shoot the USC boosters at fault here, but they didn't really do more than put up a facade of legality with their shameless player bribery in these incidents, they s/b banned from USC for life for terminal dumbness. The bottom line as far as the NCAA is concerned is that it's always the program's responsibility to control its boosters, end of story.

wonderbredd24
06-10-2010, 10:08 AM

It's not on Bush? The guy who took all the money and perks? Ha.

And if you really believe that a college head coach does not know every single thing that happens with his team, I really don't know what to tell you. They have plausible deniability, but they damn well know what's going on. Hey, there's my heisman candidate running back with a car he can't possibly afford... must have won a contest of some sort

Brodeur
06-10-2010, 10:31 AM
In that case, all scholarships will be returned and restriction lifted.

Ah okay, so that money is definitely worth the fact that they make the school millions upon millions of dollars and don't ever see a dime.

jballa838
06-10-2010, 10:35 AM
if there was any year for UW to make the Rose Bowl, it will definitely be next year. 'SC is down even further now (My impression was they were down already before this) and Oregon no longer has Masoli and they should be getting some sort of wake up call soon since they are killin it when it comes to arrests. Oregon State vs. Washington is going to be the deciding game for the Pac-10 championship. The Pac-16 West title is going to be wide open next year assuming things fall how they are looking.

wonderbredd24
06-10-2010, 10:36 AM
Ah okay, so that money is definitely worth the fact that they make the school millions upon millions of dollars and don't ever see a dime.
USC is $40,000 per semester. He's getting $320,000 worth of education

$55,000 if you live in the dorm

Brodeur
06-10-2010, 10:43 AM
USC is $40,000 per semester. He's getting $320,000 worth of education

$55,000 if you live in the dorm

It's $38,000 for two semesters, not one.

yourfavestoner
06-10-2010, 10:45 AM

Those poor athletes...how on earth do they get by from ages 18-22 with only free tuition, books, place to live on campus, tutors doing work for them, etc. They're just so impoverished. I'm sure every person working full time and taking out tens of thousands of dollars in student loans (by the time you're done at USC, tuition alone exceeds $100,000) feels really bad for them.

The sense of entitlement from this generation astounds me sometimes.

And this is right along the lines of what I thought SC would receive as a punishment. They're repeat major violators (last major violation was in 2001, so this made at least two major violations in less than 5 years). Considering that fact, I think they got off kind of easy. Anybody within arm's length of USC could tell it the inmates were running the asylum with Pete Carroll playing the role of senior fraternity brother.

killxswitch
06-10-2010, 10:56 AM
Those poor athletes...how on earth do they get by from ages 18-22 with only free tuition, books, place to live on campus, tutors doing work for them, etc. They're just so impoverished. I'm sure every person working full time and taking out tens of thousands of dollars in student loans (by the time you're done at USC, tuition alone exceeds $100,000) feels really bad for them.

The big difference is that normal students don't generate anywhere near the revenue for their school that football players at USC do (or basketball players at UNC, etc). I don't think players should be paid like NFL pros but I think there's a case to be made that the NCAA deals with the issue poorly.

Ozzy
06-10-2010, 11:05 AM
Really too bad to hear, hopefully Pete was not running away from it but who knows. However I heard the report was only about Reggie Bush so no need to paint the entire program as a failure and a bunch of cheaters.

USC had some great football teams over the past years and will go down in history as some of the best teams ever. Let us remember it is not like the Miami Hurricanes were totally controversy free after their years of domination.

All great college teams have controversy at some point now a days, still does not take away from what they did on the field even if they take away the titles.

iowatreat54
06-10-2010, 11:09 AM
The big difference is that normal students don't generate anywhere near the revenue for their school that football players at USC do (or basketball players at UNC, etc). I don't think players should be paid like NFL pros but I think there's a case to be made that the NCAA deals with the issue poorly.

Yes, but the point is every football player on scholarship at USC, for example, is essentially being paid $40K+ a year when all is said and done. The scholarship limit is what, like 80 something? That's $3.2M being paid out to just football players every year.

Now, I don't have the time or resources to go about looking up how much certain football programs generate in revenue vs. how much they spend on players' scholarships. But most BCS universities will probably spend between $1-4M per yera in scholarships. I'd be interested to see how much certain programs generate by themselves, and then how much their ADs generate in total.

I'm wondering to anyone who thinks college athletes should be compensated further (not just Brodeur, anyone who feels this way), on how/how much you feel they should be compensated. I think it'd be an interesting discussion to see how valuable we feel certain athletes would be worth with relation to revenues.

killxswitch
06-10-2010, 11:20 AM
Yes, but the point is every football player on scholarship at USC, for example, is essentially being paid $40K+ a year when all is said and done. The scholarship limit is what, like 80 something? That's $3.2M being paid out to just football players every year.

Now, I don't have the time or resources to go about looking up how much certain football programs generate in revenue vs. how much they spend on players' scholarships. But most BCS universities will probably spend between $1-4M per yera in scholarships. I'd be interested to see how much certain programs generate by themselves, and then how much their ADs generate in total.

I'm wondering to anyone who thinks college athletes should be compensated further (not just Brodeur, anyone who feels this way), on how/how much you feel they should be compensated. I think it'd be an interesting discussion to see how valuable we feel certain athletes would be worth with relation to revenues.

I think before that question could be answered we would need to know football-specific revenues at the school in question. And of course there couldn't be one set salary because each school will make a different amount based on TV revenues, ticket sales, merchandise sales, etc.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
06-10-2010, 11:22 AM
If athletes start getting paid would schools like Boise State all the way to the bottom feeders be able to pay their players? It would be a kick to the little guys, why go to a smaller school when you can get paid at a bigger school.

yourfavestoner
06-10-2010, 11:22 AM

In the short term, yes, but the main student population is what eventually makes up the alumni association, the booster program, etc - all huge cash cows for the university.

I understand the argument and the complete hypocrisy and facade that the NCAA has going on regarding "student-athletes." The athletes don't really have a choice since there's no drafting out of high school, no minor leagues, and no other countries really that even play American-style football. At the same time, though, getting a free education (especially at an institution as prestigious as USC) plus room and board for four years can be absolutely priceless if you really take advantage of it. A lot of athletes don't which is neither my care nor concern. You also have to consider that other than the top 10% or programs, most institutions don't make nearly enough money to be able to pay players. Also, since most colleges are funded by the state (and they're already slashing funding for colleges), there's a strong possibility that any money paid to the players would have to come from taxpayer funds.

The entire NCAA is just a mess, and they keep confounding the problem by demanding that they're for the student, when every single action they take is for big money. It's hypocritical and nobody wins except conference commissioners.

The entire thing is a joke, but paying players isn't the best way to end the joke. If you're gonna get them, take away all the stuff they get for free, because the cost of tuition, room and board, books, food plans, and everything else drowns out any amount of money you could pay them. I'm sorry but no 18-22 year old is worth that much.

superman8456
06-10-2010, 11:25 AM
If athletes start getting paid would schools like Boise State all the way to the bottom feeders be able to pay their players? It would be a kick to the little guys, why go to a smaller school when you can get paid at a bigger school.

I'm pretty sure Boise State is not getting any big name recruits. The players that come out of there that turn out to be studs are the ones who worked to where they got.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
06-10-2010, 11:36 AM
Getting a free education is a pretty ****** big deal. Schools go though tons to get these kids on the field. A lot of the football and basketball players i wonder if they even got a double digit score on their ACT. Looking at interviews of people like Chris Johnson or Devin Hester, they do not come off as very smart people.

superman8456
06-10-2010, 11:49 AM
Getting a free education is a pretty ****** big deal. Schools go though tons to get these kids on the field. A lot of the football and basketball players i wonder if they even got a double digit score on their ACT. Looking at interviews of people like Chris Johnson or Devin Hester, they do not come off as very smart people.

Exactly. What would Chris Johnson and Devin Hester do if they did not have football? Do you think Chris Johnson could do much with his communications degree?

The only reason some of these kids even go to college is to try to get noticed the professional scouts. A lot of them dont.

I understand when you add it all up it looks like these kids get a lot of money. The thing is that these schools make millions upon millions off of these kids. These kids arent normal students either. They practice 20+ hours a week, having lifting and conditioning on top of that, still have to go to class, and still have some schoolwork to do. Thats just during the school year. They have training camp in the summer and bowl games in the winter. Being a college football player is basically a year round job.

But then I see videos like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az0yNJTWzAM

And it doesnt seem so bad being a college athlete with that kind of set up.

killxswitch
06-10-2010, 11:50 AM

That is a good point. If it ever became anything it would probably just be a low, flat stipend kind of like what grad students get.

soybean
06-10-2010, 12:32 PM
hmm... are you sure these guys get free room and board? I remember Dwayne Jarrett getting busted for not having to pay rent to Leinart's dad for an apartment they were sharing.

iowatreat54
06-10-2010, 12:35 PM
hmm... are you sure these guys get free room and board? I remember Dwayne Jarrett getting busted for not having to pay rent to Leinart's dad for an apartment they were sharing.

Yes. Athletes on full scholarships are eligible to receive room and board. However, this doesn't mean the school will pay for them to live in some off campus apartment/house. It means living in the dorm or student housing. I'm pretty sure athletes can choose not to live in student housing, they just have to pay rent wherever they choose then. While not glamorous, having a place to live for 4-5 years for free is still pretty nice all things considered.

yourfavestoner
06-10-2010, 12:36 PM

As long as they live on campus, it's free room and board. Jarrett got in trouble because that apartment was off campus.

XLIV
06-10-2010, 12:57 PM

i guess getting a free education, books, food, and setup with a job on campus (those that want one) isn't enough?

soybean
06-10-2010, 01:18 PM
btw here's clay matthew's twitter:

Atleast u cant take away the a$$ whoppin we put on @AaronRodgers12 and his bears and @Ryangrant25 and his domers!! haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

2 yr postseason ban n possibly 20 schollies gone!? We're gonna be playin w/ all walk-ons!! Wait wasn't I a walk-on!!?? lmao

Also, why is the NCAA planning on having USC vacate wins from 2004 and not 2005?

Michigan
06-10-2010, 01:32 PM
I wonder why it took so long for the NCAA to finish their investigation and finally put down the hammer.

Punisher
06-10-2010, 01:33 PM
Well as a USC fan the only positive I can think of is maybe this punishment will weed out some bandwagoners and open some season tickets for me.

Reggie Bush = dead as a Trojan.

killxswitch
06-10-2010, 01:35 PM
Reggie Bush = dead as a Trojan.

What was he going to say? "No, don't do any of these nice things for me or my parents"?

Punisher
06-10-2010, 01:37 PM
What was he going to say? "No, don't do any of these nice things for me or my parents"?

It be nice for him to come out and admit what he did instead of bs'ing the media while USC is getting torched for his actions.

descendency
06-10-2010, 01:52 PM
Did the Joe McKnight situation ever get resolved?

The reason why this rule exists is to have balance in the 120 school division 1. You can't tell me if you allow cash benefits to the players, that there will be schools in division 1 that can't compete in recruiting.

Furthermore, once cash is distributed to athletes, people will complain about the amount being too little. Athletes should get more.

Also, how is the cash to be paid out? To top recruits? If you want to cause problems in the locker-room, just give out incentives to incoming freshman while less-talented seniors continue to bust their *** for the program get nothing.

There are reasons these rules are in place.

Football doesn't just pay for football. It pays for everything in the AD. By the logic above, all programs other than football (and basketball at a few institutions) should be shut down since they can't generate their own revenue (since football players should be paid what they earn).

superman8456
06-10-2010, 01:53 PM
It be nice for him to come out and admit what he did instead of bs'ing the media while USC is getting torched for his actions.

What exactly did he do? Accept some gifts? I'd like to know what he got out of it, but quite frankly I dont really care.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
06-10-2010, 02:04 PM
Exactly. What would Chris Johnson and Devin Hester do if they did not have football? Do you think Chris Johnson could do much with his communications degree?

The only reason some of these kids even go to college is to try to get noticed the professional scouts. A lot of them dont.

I understand when you add it all up it looks like these kids get a lot of money. The thing is that these schools make millions upon millions off of these kids. These kids arent normal students either. They practice 20+ hours a week, having lifting and conditioning on top of that, still have to go to class, and still have some schoolwork to do. Thats just during the school year. They have training camp in the summer and bowl games in the winter. Being a college football player is basically a year round job.

But then I see videos like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az0yNJTWzAM

And it doesnt seem so bad being a college athlete with that kind of set up.

Isn't that life? You are always making money for somebody else. Undergrad in college really is not all that difficult. It does not take much to show up to class and get a 2.0. They are more likely to be another 9-5 suit and tie worker than go on to the NFL. Work hard on their degree and they could be one of those guys making the millions off of kids

wonderbredd24
06-10-2010, 02:08 PM
Paying football players is basically impossible, unless you're ok with killing most every non revenue sport, since if football players get paid, so do all the other athletes under Title IX and non revenue sports becoming more expensive will lead to them getting axed.

Punisher
06-10-2010, 02:14 PM
http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/995/952139.pdf

XLIV
06-10-2010, 02:25 PM
holy crap modern day death sentence

USC's sanctions: 4 yrs probation, 30 docked scholarships over 3 years; must vacate Oklahoma Orange Bowl win and all '05 wins. 2 year bowl ban.

The NCAA said its findings included "a lack of institutional control, impermissible inducements, extra benefits, exceeding coach staff limits, and unethical conduct by an assistant football coach."

Scotty D
06-10-2010, 02:28 PM
I also heard rumors that players whose eligibility is up in the next two years can transfer without sitting out a year.

thenewfeature06
06-10-2010, 02:33 PM

Dear god haha who wouldn't want him if he does leave.. like somebody said if he didn't sign officially yet and was waiting for the results that came out today, why would he go there if he can't play to win? Other than USC weather of course..

Seantrel should probably sign/transfer to UNC! Him and James Hurst would be sex..

Hurricanes25
06-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Dear god haha who wouldn't want him if he does leave.. like somebody said if he didn't sign officially yet and was waiting for the results that came out today, why would he go there if he can't play to win? Other than USC weather of course..

Seantrel should probably sign/transfer to UNC! Him and James Hurst would be sex..

If I remember correctly, USC and Miami were his top two choices so Im guessing he would go to Miami if he goes anywhere but who knows.

Complex
06-10-2010, 02:38 PM

Schools make like 5mil off bowl games so USC gets their money back plus more

Sniper
06-10-2010, 04:39 PM
I also heard rumors that players whose eligibility is up in the next two years can transfer without sitting out a year.

They should let Rojo and Nick Perry transfer to Michigan! :D

If I remember correctly, USC and Miami were his top two choices so Im guessing he would go to Miami if he goes anywhere but who knows.

Fairly sure Ohio State was his number two. For the love of God, don't let him transfer!

wonderbredd24
06-10-2010, 04:45 PM
Schools make like 5mil off bowl games so USC gets their money back plus more
If you're Notre Dame, you get about $4 million. If you're in a conference, you're divying up about $16 million

iowatreat54
06-10-2010, 04:55 PM
If you're Notre Dame, you get about $4 million. If you're in a conference, you're divying up about $16 million

Yea, and that's before bowl prep./travel expenses are taken out. Iowa, for instance, cleared less than $100K I think from the Orange Bowl.

As to Seantrell, his second place was most definitely Ohio St. Also, if he has started practicing this spring/summer, I don't think he can get out of his letter/transfer because it might be considered his first year has started. I could be wrong though.

djp
06-10-2010, 05:17 PM
I was told by Seantrel Henderson personally that his No. 2 choice was Miami, but maybe he was lying to me. He also told me the coaches assured him that nothing serious would happen to USC with the pending (at the time) sanctions.

soybean
06-10-2010, 05:17 PM
I like how the spokesman of the NCAA infractions committee stated that he wants other programs to know if they cheat this punishment is out there for them.

Ohhhh, so basically we were made an example of? that's fair.

And to answer everyone's questions about reggie bush.. the marketing people felt they were owed 350,000 dollars from improper benefits. Reggie could have easily settled out of court and the whole thing probably would have dissoled away.

30 scholarships?!?!? for ****'s sake! why not just dissolve the entire football program?

**** the infraction's committee and the NCAA. and a big **** you to reggie bush. Now i could care less that you suck in the pros.

soybean
06-10-2010, 05:23 PM

This was a lack of institutional control it had nothing to do with boosters giving players administering improper benefits.

Also, these cases involved only two players while SMU involved well over 20.

soybean
06-10-2010, 05:30 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uT7RvG_FpBY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uT7RvG_FpBY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Sniper
06-10-2010, 05:43 PM
I like how the spokesman of the NCAA infractions committee stated that he wants other programs to know if they cheat this punishment is out there for them.

Ohhhh, so basically we were made an example of? that's fair

It is fair, considering how many rules were broken and the severity of the rules that were broken.

Sniper
06-10-2010, 05:44 PM
30 scholarships?!?!? for ****'s sake! why not just dissolve the entire football program?

Yeah, poor USC. Now, it's only going to be eight top-100 players per class instead of 12. Exaggerate a bit more.

soybean
06-10-2010, 05:47 PM
Yeah, poor USC. Now, it's only going to be eight top-100 players per class instead of 12. Exaggerate a bit more.

it's only an 85 man roster, including players able to transfer out free of will now...

but this helped me out a bit:

I came here to get a degree from one of the best universities in the country and that's still my plan

If we can only play 13 games this year then we will try to win all 13. I look forward to every opportunity I get to play football at USC

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
06-10-2010, 05:51 PM
it's only an 85 man roster, including players able to transfer out free of will now...

but this helped me out a bit:

By "get degree from one of the best universities in the country" he really meant, pound some of the hottest ***** in the country.

Vikes99ej
06-10-2010, 06:09 PM
Hahaha douchebags I don't feel at all for them, they all probably roll in Escalades and ****

soybean
06-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Stay Classy, Minnesota...

descendency
06-10-2010, 07:09 PM
USC could still lose the national championship.

They need the POC (don't know who they are) to meet and decide.

critesy
06-10-2010, 07:18 PM
heard if they lose the NC then its just blank, no champion.

wonderbredd24
06-10-2010, 07:38 PM
This was a lack of institutional control it had nothing to do with boosters giving players administering improper benefits.

Also, these cases involved only two players while SMU involved well over 20.
So where did Reggie Bush's car, limo, and his parent's rent free house come from if not boosters?

This also made it clear at least one member of the coaching staff was involved and they had exceeded coaching staff limitations as well.

It goes beyond just Reggie Bush.

**** USC... how long did we have to hear how clean the program was and nothing was ever going to come out of this and now they're asking for pity? Good luck.

Big programs like this are almost never targetted like this by the NCAA, which suggests that there was even more going on at USC than just what they are being punished for, but this is what was provable.

wonderbredd24
06-10-2010, 07:40 PM
It won't be awarded, but there's no way teams won't try to claim it.

Same deal with the Heisman... if Bush loses it, they won't give it to anyone else, but I don't think they will take it away, which would be hilarious. Bush ***** the program and gets to keep his individual achievement while costing his teammates their title.

soybean
06-10-2010, 08:16 PM
So where did Reggie Bush's car, limo, and his parent's rent free house come from if not boosters?

This also made it clear at least one member of the coaching staff was involved and they had exceeded coaching staff limitations as well.

It goes beyond just Reggie Bush.

**** USC... how long did we have to hear how clean the program was and nothing was ever going to come out of this and now they're asking for pity? Good luck.

Big programs like this are almost never targetted like this by the NCAA, which suggests that there was even more going on at USC than just what they are being punished for, but this is what was provable.

There's nothing in the 67-70 pages of the NCAA's findings on the investigation that directly states improper benefits from the school's boosters.

LonghornsLegend
06-10-2010, 08:59 PM

Yea, at first I was thinking it would be cool if VY got the Heisman after the fact, because had they waited till after the Rose Bowl he would have won it, but then again the NC winner would go to OU, a catch 22. So screw it, I don't even care anymore, as happy as I would be for VY to get a Hesiman, OU getting a NC in which they were blown the **** out would piss me off.

LonghornsLegend
06-10-2010, 09:13 PM

Actually alot of athletes say these things. I don't want to act like Bush is the first guy to receive benefits, but it's not like lots of high profile athletes don't get offered these things and say no all the time.

yourfavestoner
06-10-2010, 11:15 PM
Does the "exceeding coaching staff limitations" thing stem from when Carroll would bring former NFL coaches on for a couple weeks as "consultants?"

mellojello
06-10-2010, 11:23 PM
For those who claim that the kids on the team are unfairly punished for something they didn't do, what the kids on the current roster did wrong was sign with USC knowing that potential sanctions were forthcoming. That USC was under investigation was no secret and if a kid chooses to believe what Kiffin says over his better judgment, I feel no sorrow for that person.

I don't hear a single Trojan looking inward in terms of what the universitiy could have done to avoid this situation. If Bush is driving around with a new car with new rims with a new stereo system and not a single adminstrator/coach/compliance officer wonders, "how did he afford that," there is something seriously wrong. To say "we didn't know" simply isn't good enough.

Marino13
06-10-2010, 11:48 PM
maybe I misheard, but I thought NFLN say that the punishment also had to do with how the locker room atmosphere of post games and post practices also played a factor. I thought they said something about it making the investigations more difficult.

mellojello
06-10-2010, 11:48 PM
An eventual 2010 committ, Scroggins made it clear that, if USC does not have Pete Carroll's successor in place, then Scroggins is, “going to look for a college who could win the national championship in 2012.” Said Scroggins, “The man has to do what he has to do." - Opps!

CashmoneyDrew
06-11-2010, 12:16 AM
Scroggins is a little questionable in the head. When he was choosing between Tennessee and USC for his commitment he said that UT's recruiting violations played a part in him choosing USC. Then when Carroll left he demanded a new coach in a certain amount of time or he'd change his commitment. Then when Kiffin was named head coach there, he was cool with it and stayed. Now this happens....kind of ironic.

YAYareaRB
06-11-2010, 12:36 AM
I wonder how this is gonna effect recruiting.

mellojello
06-11-2010, 12:41 AM
I wonder how this is gonna effect recruiting.It's going to **** them up, no matter what anyone wants to believe. I'm more curious about who transfers.

mellojello
06-11-2010, 12:50 AM
Per Mike Garrett - "As I read the decision by the NCAA," he told the group, "… I read between the lines and there was nothing but a lot of envy. They wish they all were Trojans." Later, he added: "Today I got a purpose for really wanting to dominate for another 10 years." Garrett said he "felt invigorated by all this stuff" because he had wondered how big the USC brand was and "with the penalty we got today I know we're bigger than life."

I'm sure the NCAA committe appreciates being called liars. What does Garrett think is going to happen when another infraction or violation occurs during the next four years?

YAYareaRB
06-11-2010, 12:55 AM
I feel sorry for guys that didn't have anything to do with it.

I'm a sad panda because I was hoping Barkley and Bradford were gonna lead SC's charge to regain the Pac-10

descendency
06-11-2010, 01:06 AM
Anyone with a brain will jump ship. 10 scholarships per year for 3 years = bad depth for the next 5 years.

dannyz
06-11-2010, 01:27 AM
Question did Seantrel Henderson sign or whats up with him a transffer.
]

soybean
06-11-2010, 02:52 AM
Per Mike Garrett - "As I read the decision by the NCAA," he told the group, "… I read between the lines and there was nothing but a lot of envy. They wish they all were Trojans." Later, he added: "Today I got a purpose for really wanting to dominate for another 10 years." Garrett said he "felt invigorated by all this stuff" because he had wondered how big the USC brand was and "with the penalty we got today I know we're bigger than life."

I'm sure the NCAA committe appreciates being called liars. What does Garrett think is going to happen when another infraction or violation occurs during the next four years?

I would've preferred to have heard that from one of the assistant coaches not the athletic director.

TitanHope
06-11-2010, 09:39 AM

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee227/DreBarret/WeeBey.gif

I'd say Garrett is on the way out the door, so I don't take these comments as those coming from a guy who has a future with the school in an administratorial capacity. He could get more time so another guy won't have to put up with this mess, but I'd say his future would be indelibly tied to Lane Kiffin's success during the next 4 years if that were the case.

In other coincidental news, yesterday was new Tennessee Vols head coach Derek Dooley's birthday.

No joke.

TitanHope
06-11-2010, 01:02 PM

This can be argued, but the way I see it, and people can agree or disagree, is that college football is essentially a 3 year tryout process for pro football for the "best athletes." So while they're supposedly not getting paid anything, aside from free education, training, resources, etc., they're exponentionally increasing their earning potential by playing for these colleges that they're raising money for.

Reggie Bush probably generated a lot of revenue and attention for USC by being a phenomenal, Heisman winning player for the school, but it's in large part because of those accomplishments and performances that he also was picked 2nd overall and was able to cash in with a huge signing bonus.

Now, this is more so because of the process and less because of the school showing it's desire/gratification/reimbursement to the player, so philosophically it's different than what you believe. But practically, I don't think these players are getting nothing for playing for these colleges.

Although, I do recognize the difference between future earning and current earning.

P-L
06-11-2010, 01:56 PM
I'm glad the NCAA finally came down hard on a "big" school, but now they need to stay consistent. They can't just make an example out of USC and go back to their old ways. If you're going to have rules, you need to punish schools for breaking those rules. You just can't turn a blind eye to what the big money schools are doing anymore.

yourfavestoner
06-11-2010, 02:18 PM
I'm glad the NCAA finally came down hard on a "big" school, but now they need to stay consistent. They can't just make an example out of USC and go back to their old ways. If you're going to have rules, you need to punish schools for breaking those rules. You just can't turn a blind eye to what the big money schools are doing anymore.

It's not like the NCAA just arbitrarily decided to go after USC, though. The whole reason this thing started was because of all the media coverage when the incidents were first reported.

Truth be told, if Reggie Bush would have just settled his lawsuit with Lloyd Lake and Michael Michaels as soon as it happened, this whole thing likely would have blown over. Reggie Bush kept trying to run from it, which drew more and more attention to it.

LizardState
06-12-2010, 11:41 AM
The USC upperclassmen can transfer to non-Pac 10 schools & not have to sit a yr. From today's San Jose Mercury News sports:

USC juniors and seniors wishing to transfer to another Football Bowl Subdivision school in light of Thursday's NCAA sanctions can do so without having to sit out a season, unless they move on to another Pac-10 school.

Normally student-athletes must sit out one year when they transfer. Those rules are still in place for USC freshmen and sophomores. But the NCAA will allow juniors and seniors to play immediately because they will have exhausted their eligibility once USC's two-year bowl ban ends.

However, the Pac-10's rules on transferring within the conference still apply. Thus a USC player would be forced to sit out a year and lose that year of eligibility. So no USC player is expected to transfer to Cal, Stanford, or another Pac-10 school.

Trojan jrs. & srs. transferring & playing for other Pac 10 schools during the SC bowl ban could radically change the balance of power in the Pac 10. LOL, like that hasn't been radically changed with the Colorado Buffs addition last wk, maybe they s/b getting used to an overnight bigtime change in the Pac 10 hierarchy. It's not going to be the same old Pac 10 with USC dominating when play starts this fall & when the Buffaloes join in 2011.

I expect that many programs including western powers like Utah, Boise St., etc. as well as other conferences like the Big 10 & even the Big East, ACC & SEC (can't see any interest in the Big 12 or is it 11 now) have USC jrs. & srs. calling them this weekend -- the NCAA rules strictly prohibit program officials from soliciting players committed to other schools, I'm sure the word was out last wk. at the USC athletic dorm & various AD offices' phone nos. were being passed around among the players.

And then there are all those California Juco system commits to USC who will be headed elsewhere now, it's the biggest Juco system in nation & noted for producing experienced QBs & skill position players. SC's loss = other teams gains this June.

Look for USC to replace Arkansas as the new Transfer U, I wonder if Mustain will transfer back to Arkansas? With only a yr (?) of eligibility left, he can't unseat fellow transferee (from Michigan) Mallett at QB, maybe he's been blackballed by the SEC at this point. I think he will go wherever he can best do his best sr. yr. NFL audition, Colorado has their HC's son as the starting QB & both arent doing well ..... oh wait, Colorado just joined the Pac 10 so that's out. Maybe a Mtn. West or Conference USA school.

LonghornsLegend
06-12-2010, 12:08 PM
That's an interesting rule. Here's a good question: Does the "no transfer to other Pac-10 schools" refer to teams like Texas, OU, OK State etc? They technically aren't apart of the Pac-10 now but could be very soon, I wonder if they would have to sit out if they go to those schools....

Also interesting about Mustain, he should definately take advantage of this and go somewhere he can start, no matter how bad the school is. Get a good shot to to showcase his skills before he declares.

superman8456
06-12-2010, 01:07 PM
That's an interesting rule. Here's a good question: Does the "no transfer to other Pac-10 schools" refer to teams like Texas, OU, OK State etc? They technically aren't apart of the Pac-10 now but could be very soon, I wonder if they would have to sit out if they go to those schools....

Also interesting about Mustain, he should definately take advantage of this and go somewhere he can start, no matter how bad the school is. Get a good shot to to showcase his skills before he declares.

I'm pretty sure the new Pac-10 schools aren't officially in the Pac-10 until the 2012 season. I could be very wrong on that. Thats just the impression I got from the media coverage.

soybean
06-12-2010, 03:34 PM

I think so too but according to Joe Schad's twitter Mustain said he's staying for whatever reason.

His mind might change in the coming weeks but if he doesn't his own chance on being drafted is throwing the hell out of the football during SC's pro day.

Running back CJ Gable should also look into transferring as well.

will99890
06-14-2010, 01:56 PM
Mustain came out with some kind of statement or interview a while ago where he claimed to have no interest in continuing his career in football after USC. He said something along the lines of being happy living in so cal with his girlfriend and already having a job lined up after he finished at USC. Take it with a grain of salt though because I have no idea who or what the source was.

Thunder&Lightning
06-14-2010, 06:38 PM
I really hope mustain transfers

RealityCheck
06-14-2010, 06:45 PM
I really hope mustain transfers
I don't think so. Players don't have much success in their third college.

Thunder&Lightning
06-14-2010, 07:07 PM
I don't think so. Players don't have much success in their third college.

wont have much success if your a backup either...

Hawk
06-14-2010, 09:02 PM
wont have much success if your a backup either...

Matt Cassel says hi

Sniper
06-15-2010, 08:03 AM
Matt Cassel says hi

Hi Matt. Pretty much every other backup QB ever says **** off. Exception, not the rule.

YAYareaRB
06-15-2010, 09:06 AM
Would Mustain have to go D2 or lower to play this season? Or does the no wait rule apply to D1AA as well?

**** Allen Bradford.. This was our year man. This was our year.

yourfavestoner
06-15-2010, 10:23 AM
Would Mustain have to go D2 or lower to play this season? Or does the no wait rule apply to D1AA as well?

Did Bradford transfer?

LizardState
06-15-2010, 12:44 PM

Nope, he's an eligible upperclassman, with maybe a yr. of it left.

He's really pushing the envelope on the no. of transfers allotted in a single college career though, lol. Why did he even unpack his suitcase in LA? I know he's a victim & had nada to do with this, but everybody in CA who has read a sports section in the last 4-5 yrs. has had to know about the Reggie Bush investigation by the NCAA, then it snowballed bigtime when they coupled it with the b-ball investigation -- This was far from a well kept secret....

RealityCheck
06-15-2010, 06:45 PM
If I were Mustain I'd stay at USC, show them I'm better than Barkley, win 10 games, sit down and watch the bowls at home while telling all the haters to **** off.

And get drafted in the 7th round.

TitanHope
06-16-2010, 03:16 AM
Carroll: NCAA off base in sacking USC

http://l.yimg.com/a/i/ww/news/2010/06/15/carroll.jpg

RENTON, Wash. (AP)—Days after the NCAA trampled his former Southern California Trojans, coach Pete Carroll’s mindset remains the same from afar.

Fight on!

Carroll says the NCAA had no basis for unfair and “really, really harsh” sanctions on USC.

“There’s nothing there,” he said Tuesday of the investigation into his program’s knowledge of former Trojans running back Reggie Bush’s(notes) improper benefits and relationship with an agent.

“Now the word’s out. You can do this,” he said. “One person can do this, go after a university and a kid. And nothing has to be true. NOTHING has to be true. They just have to make claims, and then the investigations and all that are under way.

“I just hate the thought that that can take place and we can do nothing about it.”

Carroll says he didn’t leave USC six months ago to escape imminent NCAA penalties.

“Why wouldn’t I have left some other time (during the NCAA’s five-year probe)?” the Seahawks’ powerful new coach asked.

He was facing questions for the first time since the governing body for college sports on Thursday banned USC from bowls for two years and took away 30 scholarships over three years, mainly for what Bush received during Carroll’s tenure.

“I thought I would never leave USC, but this is just too good an opportunity to pass up,” he said, reiterating what he said in January.

He says his notoriously open program at USC had nothing to do with an agent reaching Bush, that “99 percent” of those who came to practices were community-conscious people—such as youth and church groups and friends of the Trojans—and that USC cleared their access. He said the atmosphere made USC unique and fun, and was part of its rampant success.

He also railed against the NCAA ruling current Trojans are now free to leave the national power, calling it a potentially devastating “fire sale” akin to NFL free agency.

USC’s pending appeal of the sanctions will drag through his first season in Seattle, his first in the NFL since 1999. Yet Carroll says it will not distract him, because he won’t be that involved in it.

“I’ve already told them everything I can tell them,” he said of the NCAA. “It will just be rooting from the sidelines.

“There isn’t any precedent in this exact situation, so they are going to try and reconstruct the reasoning. I think you will see transcripts that come out eventually, so you will see all the questions that were asked … And you’ll understand that from the start of the investigation years ago—I’ve said this all along—there is no information that backs the claims.”

Carroll was 97-19 and won seven consecutive Pac-10 titles plus two national championships at USC from 2000-09.

He said as head coach he was responsible for all that happened there, but that there was no way for him to know Bush was being wooed by an off-campus agent.

“We couldn’t do anything about it—because we didn’t know,” he said.

The NCAA found that in itself an inexcusable lack of institutional oversight.

“Unfortunately, I was probably more surprised than most people, and I was at the hearings,” Carroll said of the penalties. “I felt the tenor of the hearings. Never would have thought that they would have come to as harsh sanctions and conclusions as this.”

He hears skeptics who scoff at hearing he didn’t know about Bush’s improprieties.

“It looks like, ‘Why would you not know?’ Well, Reggie Bush became Reggie Bush in a matter of a few months, weeks,” Carroll said, mentioning Bush wasn’t a starter until his junior season. “LenDale White(notes) scored 54 touchdowns in the same time that Reggie was there. … And Matt Leinart(notes) was the quarterback—and he was the Heisman Trophy winner. So there was a lot of stuff going on, a lot of acclaim.

“We were in the midst of an undefeated year. … When you look back in hindsight, it’s a much different view than when you are in the middle of trying to win games.”

Carroll also offered this rebuttal, without being asked: “The question comes up why I left and all. My coming to Seattle was for one reason: This was an extraordinary opportunity. It’s an NFL dream opportunity for me, and it had nothing to do with anything that was going on at that time. The ongoing investigation was five years in the making, anyway.”

He says he hasn’t talked to Bush recently. But he has talked often to current Trojans coach Lane Kiffin.

“These are very tough times for him,” Carroll said of one of his former USC assistants. “The hardest thing about it is schools can come after his players, they can take juniors and seniors right now. It’s like free agency, it became like the NFL. There’s a fire sale on his players right now.”

He called on the NCAA to join universities and even high schools to have a national promotional campaign to stop outsiders from influencing college athletes.

“Unfortunately, it’s about awareness,” Carroll said. “This issue in particular is not like any of the other cases that’s come along. It is about one person in a community where a kid came from who decided to take advantage of his potential good fortune. And he found a way in to make that happen—outside of any of the university issues and setting and all that.

“They didn’t want anyone else to know. And we didn’t know.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-carrollresponds

*shrug*

soybean
06-16-2010, 03:41 AM
Lane Kiffin has the chance to be the hero of LA. He can save SC football if he keeps them elite for the next 3 years.

I also think if he does a poor job then it will be a while before SC is back on it's feet as the nation's elite. I sincerely hope SC doesn't become another Florida State or Miami.

Nothing wrong with those schools but they were once a top 3 school in football and now they're decent but not among the country's elite.

yourfavestoner
06-16-2010, 10:15 AM

*shrug*

Lol, Lloyd Lake and Michael Michaels had been courting Reggie Bush since he was a HS senior at Helix High School. And I love how he says "Why wouldn't I leave at any other point during the investigation?" Maybe because it was pending, and had no imminent end in sight. The second there were rumors that the NCAA was wrapping it up and getting ready to hand out their judgement, Carroll was gone.

Typical bunch of hot air by Carroll. I'm surprised he didn't throw "magnificicent" a few times, I thought he was under contract with the Oxford dictionary to say it at least three times per interview.

yourfavestoner
06-16-2010, 10:16 AM

*shrug*

Lol, Lloyd Lake and Michael Michaels had been courting Reggie Bush since he was a HS senior at Helix High School. And I love how he says "Why wouldn't I leave at any other point during the investigation?" Maybe because it was pending, and had no imminent end in sight. The second there were rumors that the NCAA was wrapping it up and getting ready to hand out their judgement, Carroll was gone.

Typical bunch of hot air by Carroll. I'm surprised he didn't throw "magnificicent" a few times. He and Mike Tyson have a competition in seeing who can sound like a bigger ****** while describing every day occurences.