PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Boller

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
03-17-2007, 01:15 PM
What do you guys think we should do with him? Should we keep him for 1 more year or trade him to the Panthers for there 3rd round pick? IMO - he deserves 1 more chance, but i wouldn't mind us getting Carolina's 3rd either.

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
03-17-2007, 01:17 PM
whoops sorry i posted it twice, my bad:(

BigDawg819
03-17-2007, 02:14 PM
Heathen!!!!!!!

Ravens1991
03-17-2007, 02:58 PM
if we can get a 3rd we gotta take it and never look back, 99% of the city has given up on him.

Yung Flippa
03-17-2007, 03:56 PM
I think that if we can get the 3rd
we need to do it because
with carolina's 3rd we can draft another
quarterback like
Trent Edwards
or
even take a chance on someone like
Troy Smith

niel89
03-17-2007, 03:59 PM
1 more year

dcarey20
03-17-2007, 04:11 PM
if someone is willing to give up a 3rd rounder i think we may have to pull the trigger, and then hope for a guy like kevin kolb. but other than that, i hope we keep him. i want him to have another chance at being the "guy". i think he can still be a good QB. he has the expierience in our offense. we wouldn't have to go through developing another QB. the only thing is we would have to get a reliable veteran backup. we can't go into the season with boller as the #1 and an anthony wright type as #2.

niel89
03-17-2007, 05:43 PM
if someone is willing to give up a 3rd rounder i think we may have to pull the trigger, and then hope for a guy like kevin kolb. but other than that, i hope we keep him. i want him to have another chance at being the "guy". i think he can still be a good QB. he has the expierience in our offense. we wouldn't have to go through developing another QB. the only thing is we would have to get a reliable veteran backup. we can't go into the season with boller as the #1 and an anthony wright type as #2.

wright is so wrong

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
03-17-2007, 06:02 PM

great post i totally agree with it. I think if we draft Kevin Kolb he can sit down and learn the offense for 2 more year while mcnair starts, only if we get Carolina's 3rd.

BigDawg819
03-17-2007, 06:10 PM
All of you who wish for us to trade Kyle are dead to me.............

Ravens1991
03-17-2007, 06:23 PM
we can live with that. :)

BigDawg819
03-17-2007, 06:30 PM
Fine live with it, but when McNair costs us another opportunity at a title the I told you so is coming......

Yung Flippa
03-17-2007, 06:33 PM
Fine live with it, but when McNair costs us another opportunity at a title the I told you so is coming......

Do you really think that Kyle Boller can do better?
you must be high if you think he can take us to the super bowl

BigDawg819
03-17-2007, 06:42 PM
Do you really think that Kyle Boller can do better?
you must be high if you think he can take us to the super bowl

You sir are an idiot and that has been proven time and time again by your assonine posts. Kyle Boller is the better option at quarterback and if you can't come to terms with that then you need to watch the last 2 games of last year. McNair's inability to sustain the offense mixed with his poor decision making cost us our chances in the playoffs and he will continue to do so until he retires. He is no longer the MVP QB he was with the Titans and hasn't been the same since he shared the award with Peyton. He has been beaten up too much and doesn't have the arm for the big throws. With the addition of McGahee to the offense and running 3 WR sets, we need a QB to be mobile and able to make throws more then 20 yards and that is Kyle Boller. Everyone who doesn't believe in this kid is stupid, Buffalo believes in JP Losman and he is proving them right and we need to now return the reigns to Kyle so we can become a viable offense and make waves this season instead of sinking with McNair!

Ravens1991
03-17-2007, 06:46 PM

OK McNair may not be good enough to bring us a title but with Boller bad decision making and footwork in the pocket and he must have had at least 1 fumble in every game he had significant playing time, plus a INT against Carolina when we were in Carolina that if we got a FG we could have along with a bad INT, say we got a FG we could have won by 1 point then got home field in the playoffs for the whole time.

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
03-17-2007, 06:56 PM
I agree, I dont kno why you are saying Kyle Boller has more of a chance to take us to the Super Bowl than McNair. McNair is more experinced and has leadership. The players dont even have confidence in Kyle Boller so we might as well trade him.

Ravens1991
03-17-2007, 06:58 PM
You sir are an idiot and that has been proven time and time again by your assonine posts. Kyle Boller is the better option at quarterback and if you can't come to terms with that then you need to watch the last 2 games of last year. McNair's inability to sustain the offense mixed with his poor decision making cost us our chances in the playoffs and he will continue to do so until he retires. He is no longer the MVP QB he was with the Titans and hasn't been the same since he shared the award with Peyton. He has been beaten up too much and doesn't have the arm for the big throws. With the addition of McGahee to the offense and running 3 WR sets, we need a QB to be mobile and able to make throws more then 20 yards and that is Kyle Boller. Everyone who doesn't believe in this kid is stupid, Buffalo believes in JP Losman and he is proving them right and we need to now return the reigns to Kyle so we can become a viable offense and make waves this season instead of sinking with McNair!

1. From what I have seen from Bollers 3 starting seasons all he does is bring inconsistency, making great 30 yard passes then throwing into double coverage.

2. You say McNair has bad decision making, Boller is atrocious and if we had a game manager we could have won another superbowl or so, when Ray was younger and in his prime.

3. I believe that this was just JP Losman third year in the league and his second starting, after 3 years of Boller starting he shown bad decision making, bad footwork, and little poise in the pocket.

Ravens1991
03-17-2007, 06:59 PM
I agree, I dont kno why you are saying Kyle Boller has more of a chance to take us to the Super Bowl than McNair. McNair is more experinced and has leadership. The players dont even have confidence in Kyle Boller so we might as well trade him.

Another reason I forgot about.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-17-2007, 10:13 PM
Every one who wants to trade Kyle is a dumbass, Im sorry I hate to being callin people names but I really goota question what brains you have. Our starting QB (who aint any good to begin with) is 33 and superbly injury prone, so lets trade away Kyle so when McNair gets hurt, and he will, we hang our hopes on Drew Olsen or any of the lame QBs that we could get with any of our picks. Some of you have just lost it.

Ravens1991
03-17-2007, 10:29 PM
Good point ERU about not trading Boller, but we can get a solid building block for the future in Trent Edwards or another QB if we can get a 3rd by shipping Boller out. But you do bring up a good point about keeping him just in case McNair gets injured.

America
03-17-2007, 10:29 PM
I don't think we should trade Boller, he's a great backup. But he's not the right guy for this team. He's either a deer in headlights or a skittish little calf. I love him as the backup but don't think he should start. He's not consistant week in and week out.

Interestingly enough, I was reading ESPN's draft magazine today and they were talkin about Quinn vs. Russell. They pointed out that all of the great 1st round QBs recently all started a ton of games and completed a lot of passes. All the busts had not so many starts and not great completion ratings. Boller started a bunch of games but completed less than half of his collegiate passes.

ccB
03-17-2007, 10:31 PM
If we trade him for a 3rd why would we waste a pick on someone like Trent Edwards when Boller is better than him.

America
03-17-2007, 10:32 PM
I think McNair coming in was a great thing for him. Hopefully another season like the past one will get his confidence up and the players support. He just needs to calm down. He's like a major klutz on the field sometimes.

America
03-17-2007, 10:34 PM
If we trade him for a 3rd why would we waste a pick on someone like Trent Edwards when Boller is better than him.

Edwards has a lot of potential. Boller has been around for a while and needs a change of scenery. We've seen what Boller can do with a starting job and don't like it, and we think Edwards can be the game manager efficient leader for the team. Those would be reasons.

Ravens1991
03-17-2007, 10:38 PM
Edwards has a lot of potential. Boller has been around for a while and needs a change of scenery. We've seen what Boller can do with a starting job and don't like it, and we think Edwards can be the game manager efficient leader for the team. Those would be reasons.

I agree, we could get a fresh start at the QB of the future, but the more I think about it the more I would like Boller to stick around for one more season just in case McNair gets hurt.

America
03-17-2007, 10:41 PM
Yeah I want Boller to stay. If McNair gets hurt, he's better than any rookie at this point. And he can still make some plays, especially deep throws. I'm really hoping he'll get his act together by the 2008 season.

niel89
03-17-2007, 11:17 PM
Yeah I want Boller to stay. If McNair gets hurt, he's better than any rookie at this point. And he can still make some plays, especially deep throws. I'm really hoping he'll get his act together by the 2008 season.

yeah boller is considerably better than the average back up. im in favor of an open competition at TC and let the better player play.

dcarey20
03-18-2007, 01:06 AM
let me make my opinion clear.

i don't want to trade boller. i'm hoping kyle gets another shot to be the guy. am i crazy about him like bigdawg and ERU? no. but i do like him and think he can be effective.

but, if someone offers a third rounder, i'd probably do it. and i'll tell you why. he has 1 more year left on his deal. honestly, i don't know if he we intend on keeping him or if we are done with him.

if we are done with him, we obviously have to make the deal.

but even if we intend on keeping him as the future we have to consider.

as i said, boller's deal will be up next year. i can guarantee that there is some QB's coach out there that believes they can harness his talents and make him a star. there will be teams out there that have a bunch of cap room, and like this year's offseason, they'll be willing to overpay for him. we will have to keep as much cap room as possible, as t-sizzle will be our #1 priority. we may not have enough room to keep him

plus, kyle may want to leave bmore and start fresh.

bottom line:

if we are certain that we can resign him, and we plan on giving him the keys to the offense, than you don't trade him.

but, if we don't intent on him being the future, and we are uncertain about being able to resign him, and someone offers a day 1 pick for him, you gotta do it. then we go into the draft and hope for a guy like drew stanton in the 2nd or kevin kolb in the 3rd. or we wait for 2008 and hope we can find a guy there.

ChefMike
03-18-2007, 02:49 AM
Boller needs to stay... he is our future at the QB spot. He has proven himself in my opinion, he has never had the weapons to play with completely. Jamal was not a compliment to him when Kyle was a rookie ! and now that he has some seasoning on the field and off he can use Heap, Clayton, Mason, D-Will, Wilcox and now McGhee.

Please don't send him packing ! especially for a 3rd to Carolina ???? We traded away a 1st to get him unless we are getting the next Joe Montana which is obviously not a guarantee we shouldnt be making that deal...

BigDawg819
03-18-2007, 08:01 AM
I'm getting tired of defending Kyle to all you heathens who seem intent on getting rid of him! As per my Losman reference, JP had a Drew Bledsoe to learn from before he was thrown to the wolves. Kyle never had that, no veteran to learn from, a shaky offensive line, and lack of a consistent offense. Now after sitting last and learning from McNair and developed weapons on the offensive side, its time to give him his job back and let him lead us in the 2007 season. As for players who don't respect him, TOO GOD DAMN BAD! SHUT UP AND DO YOUR JOB AND STOP CRITICIZING YOUR TEAMMATES YOU MALCONTENTS!

Ravens1991
03-18-2007, 08:10 AM
I'm getting tired of defending Kyle to all you heathens who seem intent on getting rid of him! As per my Losman reference, JP had a Drew Bledsoe to learn from before he was thrown to the wolves. Kyle never had that, no veteran to learn from, a shaky offensive line, and lack of a consistent offense. Now after sitting last and learning from McNair and developed weapons on the offensive side, its time to give him his job back and let him lead us in the 2007 season. As for players who don't respect him, TOO GOD DAMN BAD! SHUT UP AND DO YOUR JOB AND STOP CRITICIZING YOUR TEAMMATES YOU MALCONTENTS!

They say that because they dont think he is the best for the team, but I agree that Boller may be decent after learning from a Veteran for a year or 2.

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
03-18-2007, 08:32 AM
I would like to give Boller 1 more shot but i doubt it will happen. IMO i wouldn't mind us trading him or letting him start.

go_ravens94
03-18-2007, 11:42 AM
They say that because they dont think he is the best for the team, but I agree that Boller may be decent after learning from a Veteran for a year or 2.

Which he has from McNair. I think he is one of the best backups in the league and he could be a decent starter.

Ravens1991
03-18-2007, 11:58 AM
Which he has from McNair. I think he is one of the best backups in the league and he could be a decent starter.

True about McNair being a veteran leader, but the thing is in Bollers short amount of playing time this season he has shown potential but then he would make a dreadful mistake. His accuracy isnt that great and his decision making is bad also.

ChefMike
03-18-2007, 01:23 PM
True about McNair being a veteran leader, but the thing is in Bollers short amount of playing time this season he has shown potential but then he would make a dreadful mistake. His accuracy isnt that great and his decision making is bad also.

Those are rash judgements made on his limited playing time this past season. He was actually good from a stats standpoint but really just lacked in the playing time department, so soon we forget that it was Boller that stepped in when McNair got hurt and actually almost brought us back to win. and stepped in and played really well and showed flashes of brilliance. I wouldnt be so quick to judge him. He can and will be the future QB for us.

Ravens1991
03-18-2007, 01:35 PM
Those are rash judgements made on his limited playing time this past season. He was actually good from a stats standpoint but really just lacked in the playing time department, so soon we forget that it was Boller that stepped in when McNair got hurt and actually almost brought us back to win. and stepped in and played really well and showed flashes of brilliance. I wouldnt be so quick to judge him. He can and will be the future QB for us.

1. Are you talking about the Panthers game? Boller drove the ball into their territory and we were in FG range or about to be in FG range but threw a INT basically directly at the Panthers player. Say we got a FG we would have won by 1 point.

2. I will admit he has shown flashes of excellence like that 77 yard TD pass to Demetrius Williams, but he has shown some flashes of not deserving to be a NFL starter.

ChefMike
03-18-2007, 01:43 PM
have to remember he is still young in terms of QB experience. He didnt walk up to Cal and start, a lot of the reasons we drafted him was he is a high ceiling guy. He defintely knows how to play the position he just needs more NFL seasoning. Hell the INT that Tom Brady threw to Cato June in the Playoffs was just as bad as the one thrown by Boller, don't take that as I am saying he is on the same level as Brady cause he isnt I know that. One throw though doesnt make a season just makes or breaks one drive...in one game..

Ravens1991
03-18-2007, 01:56 PM
have to remember he is still young in terms of QB experience. He didnt walk up to Cal and start, a lot of the reasons we drafted him was he is a high ceiling guy. He defintely knows how to play the position he just needs more NFL seasoning. Hell the INT that Tom Brady threw to Cato June in the Playoffs was just as bad as the one thrown by Boller, don't take that as I am saying he is on the same level as Brady cause he isnt I know that. One throw though doesnt make a season just makes or breaks one drive...in one game..

True but Brady has lead his team to 3 super bowls and I do not think Boller has won a playoff game, he had 3 NFL seasons and the FO thought it was time for a veteran, maybe Boller does become a superstar who knows.

America
03-18-2007, 02:04 PM
have to remember he is still young in terms of QB experience. He didnt walk up to Cal and start

I thought he was starting as a freshman, at least over half the season.
Lets take a look at the pros and cons of Boller.

Pros: Big time arm...athletic enough to do some scrambling...can make a lot of the throws...gets on fire...accurate when he's on..still has some upside

Cons: Accuracy can get spotty at times when under any sort of pressure...makes bad decisions...footwork is terrible...throws tend to get erratic under pressure...not a leader...not clutch...holds the ball too long and takes too many sacks...locks on to his primary receiver...doesn't go through reads well...doesn't see the field well

Ravens1991
03-18-2007, 02:10 PM
He also had some trouble handling snaps, but when he started he really didnt have that problem so I guess it was because he didnt get a lot of playing time he would mess up a snap.

go_ravens94
03-18-2007, 03:04 PM
He also had some trouble handling snaps, but when he started he really didnt have that problem so I guess it was because he didnt get a lot of playing time he would mess up a snap.

Thank you, R1991...

America
03-18-2007, 03:10 PM
He's always had trouble handling snaps. Not only when he didn't start. I will give him this though..he takes some good hits and doesn't complain. He's a good guy and I hope he does well but I don't think he's the savior championship QB some of yall make him out to be.

Ravens1991
03-18-2007, 03:11 PM
He's always had trouble handling snaps. Not only when he didn't start. I will give him this though..he takes some good hits and doesn't complain. He's a good guy and I hope he does well but I don't think he's the savior championship QB some of yall make him out to be.

I agree with all of that.

America
03-18-2007, 03:14 PM
What kind of contract do you think he'll be looking for after this year? He'll be what, 27 years old. I think he'll be looking for something pretty sizable. Around 3.5 million per year. We should send him to some sort of psychiatrist or something, or make him study Cool Hand Luke, just so he calms his nerves.

Ravens1991
03-18-2007, 03:16 PM
What kind of contract do you think he'll be looking for after this year? He'll be what, 27 years old. I think he'll be looking for something pretty sizable. Around 3.5 million per year. We should send him to some sort of psychiatrist or something, or make him study Cool Hand Luke, just so he calms his nerves.

:):):)

I think he could go to a bad team with a big vertical offense.

America
03-18-2007, 03:28 PM
:):):)

I think he could go to a bad team with a big vertical offense.

Raiders? That seems his best fit. Just anywhere where he can throw bombs and not have to be the manager/efficient QB.

Ravens1991
03-18-2007, 03:34 PM
yea I agree again.

niel89
03-18-2007, 05:46 PM
1. Are you talking about the Panthers game? Boller drove the ball into their territory and we were in FG range or about to be in FG range but threw a INT basically directly at the Panthers player. Say we got a FG we would have won by 1 point.

also two of those td passes in the carolina game where off of tipped balls

Ravens1991
03-18-2007, 07:07 PM
true, one was it bounced off Derrick Mason chest, I am not sure if Derrick can't catch or Boller gunned it to hard, either way he should have caught it.

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
03-18-2007, 07:20 PM
yall like the new sig?

Ravens1991
03-18-2007, 07:55 PM
yea I do like it.

go_ravens94
03-18-2007, 09:51 PM
yall like the new sig?

It's pretty good.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-23-2007, 03:36 PM
Texans cut David Carr, anyone else wanna sign him?

ChefMike
03-23-2007, 03:48 PM

Not a bad idea...but I am not sure we could afford him and McNair and Boller ? Plus Boller already has a few years in the system so he knows it well where as Carr would have to come in and learn it from the get go. I know thats a weak argument to not sign him but the reason I bring that up is that
We already have invested a lot of time into Kyle to just let him go and prosper somewhere else is a hard pill to swallow.

Yes thats a little pride speaking because we always been successful selecting in the 1st round and that would be a complete failure !!

But I am truely not slamming the idea... I like David Carr alot.. I think a change of scenary is exactly what he needs..and we have plenty of weapons for him to use and be successful with.. so i am a little torn...

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
03-24-2007, 06:59 AM

hes not a bad Qb like everyone thinks, and he could be a great QB here in b-more with our o-line and solid rb and WR core but i kinda dont want to sign him because i want to give boller 1 last chance after Mcnair because IMO he has earned it. However i wouldn't mind trading Boller to Carolina for there 3rd and then sign Carr to a 2 or 3 year deal. But after the offseason is done I think CArr is the 1 that will end up in Carolina.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-24-2007, 08:17 AM

No why waste the money on him, we have Boller to be our #2(should be #1).

Ravens1991
03-24-2007, 08:49 AM
I still don't understand why people want him to start over McNair, can somebody please explain this to me.

ccB
03-24-2007, 10:14 AM
I still don't understand why people want him to start over McNair, can somebody please explain this to me.

People dont think McNair is clutch enough. Hes not been able to win the big game. Always been a guy to make it to the big ones but not win them. Last year I think we all got tired of seeing him throw little 5 yard check downs never going deeep at all. When he did go deep there was tons of success there which leads me to wonder why he didnt do it more. Clayton is a deep threat and we hardly use him in that aspect.

With that being said, I think McNair should be our guy next year still. It's our last chance for a while to be a playoff team. After next year we are going to go through a little rebuilding period( shouldnt be too bad because we have a lot of young talent) I think despite everyones qualms with McNair he is still the best guy to lead our team to a winning season. We have a ridiculously tough schedule next year and I dont think Boller would be able to handle it. I think Boller still will have a chance to be the starting QB in Baltimore but I dont think its next year.

Ravens1991
03-24-2007, 10:43 AM
yea I did notice a ton of check down passes, hopefully with Willis he can take them for 1st down runs.

But about Clutchness, I dont remember anytime when Boller lead us for a clutch win. If he did please say when and against what team.

BigDawg819
03-25-2007, 03:08 AM
For all you Kyle Boller haters out there, I have a piece of information that should merit a listen. I remember a decent QB coming out of college and went to the Bucs and was not that great, people thought he was a nothing QB. Then he went to the 49ers and learned from a great QB and then lead that team to a Super Bowl and had a Hall of Fame career when it was all said and done. That QB my fellow Raven fans was Steve Young, many thought he was finished after he was yanked as a starter in Tampa Bay. But he got the chance to learn how to be a better QB from Joe Montana and the rest they say is history. Now I'm not saying Kyle is the next Steve Young or is going to be a Hall of Famer, but the situations are a bit similar and should lend you all some credence. Kyle Boller wasn't prepared to be the starter as a rookie but was thrust out there and didn't get the job done despite a winning record as a starter, unlike a David Carr! Now I can site examples of why things on the team allowed him to fail but we all know it wasn't all his fault. Bringing in McNair was a good solution in the fact that it gives Kyle a mentor. But face it folks, McNair is not a big time QB on the grandest stages. He lost in the Super Bowl and he was responsible for us losing against the Colts. We need a QB who can push the envelope offensively and get the ball down the field, not just 20 yards. That person is Kyle Boller! Yes he will at times make bad decisions, but name me a QB that doesn't? Kyle is more athletic, faster, and bottom line has the better arm. Its the last year of his contract so we owe it to him to let him have his rightful shot at the job. And trust me, if we get to the promised land and the arm of Kyle Boller, Steve McNair would be the first person to thank him for it.

Ravens1991
03-25-2007, 07:57 AM
The thing is Boller's bad decision cost us points and games. Who cares about athletic ability when your decision making and accuracy is bad. I dont think that McNair could probably lead us to a suerpbowl, but I dont think that Boller could either from what he has shown.

dcarey20
03-25-2007, 10:01 AM
BigDawg, what you fail to realize is that not everyone on here hates Kyle Boller. I would say that 75% of the Raven fans here actually want Boller to be given another shot at some point. But we aren't all crazy about him like you are, and we won't sit here and try to make him out to be an outstanding player. You talk about McNair not playing well in big games. Frankly I can't remember Boller ever having a clutch moment for us. I can't remember him leading us down the field for a game winning drive. The only great moment I remember from him is a 48-3 rout of a pathetic Green Bay team.

Now, I hope that Kyle is resigned and I hope he gets another shot to be the guy. Like you, I think he can be a solid NFL QB.

But all this talk of him being better for this team than Steve McNair is ridiculous in my opinion.

Ravens1991
03-25-2007, 11:52 AM
BigDawg, what you fail to realize is that not everyone on here hates Kyle Boller. I would say that 75% of the Raven fans here actually want Boller to be given another shot at some point. But we aren't all crazy about him like you are, and we won't sit here and try to make him out to be an outstanding player. You talk about McNair not playing well in big games. Frankly I can't remember Boller ever having a clutch moment for us. I can't remember him leading us down the field for a game winning drive. The only great moment I remember from him is a 48-3 rout of a pathetic Green Bay team.

Now, I hope that Kyle is resigned and I hope he gets another shot to be the guy. Like you, I think he can be a solid NFL QB.

But all this talk of him being better for this team than Steve McNair is ridiculous in my opinion.

Perfect post.

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
03-25-2007, 01:17 PM
Perfect post.

i agree /10 chracters

BigDawg819
03-25-2007, 02:21 PM
Whatever I'm tired of talking to you heathens about Kyle! If your not bashing Kyle about losing games, yes because a non-existant running game, porous offensive line, and receivers not catching balls or running correct routes is always the QB's fault. Or then there's the lets sign David Carr bandwagon thats starting to gain momentum, which would be a worse signing then Elvis Grbac. Then you say Kyle hasn't performed in big games, when exactly has he been giving the opportunity to play in a big game? Oh wait he would have been able to improve on his 5-3 record in the playoffs during the 2003 season but the offensive line got him killed and he missed the rest of the year, or wait what about the 2005 season, no the line once again got him hurt on the opening game and that pretty much derailed the season. If it was Kyle Boller as the starting QB during the Colt playoff game, you all would be running the lynch mob to chase him out of town! But no this sentiment to McNair is ludicrious and if you truly think that athletically McNair is better then Boller your insane!

Now thats the perfect post.......

dcarey20
03-25-2007, 03:56 PM
Whatever I'm tired of talking to you heathens about Kyle! If your not bashing Kyle about losing games, yes because a non-existant running game, porous offensive line, and receivers not catching balls or running correct routes is always the QB's fault. Or then there's the lets sign David Carr bandwagon thats starting to gain momentum, which would be a worse signing then Elvis Grbac. Then you say Kyle hasn't performed in big games, when exactly has he been giving the opportunity to play in a big game? Oh wait he would have been able to improve on his 5-3 record in the playoffs during the 2003 season but the offensive line got him killed and he missed the rest of the year, or wait what about the 2005 season, no the line once again got him hurt on the opening game and that pretty much derailed the season. If it was Kyle Boller as the starting QB during the Colt playoff game, you all would be running the lynch mob to chase him out of town! But no this sentiment to McNair is ludicrious and if you truly think that athletically McNair is better then Boller your insane!

when did i ever say that mcnair is a better athlete than boller? at this point in his career, mcnair can't touch boller in that department. i know that. everyone knows that. he's one of the most talented quarterbacks in the game.

nor have i ever said that david carr would be a good signing. he would be a terrible signing for us. i think he's an ok player, but he's exactly what we don't need.

mcnair led us to a 13-3 record, and had about 2 or 3 big comebacks. i'm not gonna completely jump ship because of one bad performance.

Ravens1991
03-25-2007, 04:04 PM

The 2 games that Boller played a lot in CAR and CLE. Jamal averaged 4.6 YPC against CAR and 5.0 YPC against CLE.

You claim Carr sucks and you claim Boller coulnt be good because of a bad o-line. Carr had a worse o-line and defense. Yet every year that both QB have started at least 8+ games Carr had a higher QB rating, and put up higher completion %(a total average of 60% for Carr and 55.8% for Boller)

I know that he had horrible WR his first 2 seasons, but when he got Clayton and Mason he had a 11 TD and 12 INT.

I dont think anybody is saying that McNair is more athletic but what does that matter with who is better. If you want to go by who is more athletic then Ryan Leaf >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Doug Flutie.

But not this is what I think we should do. In either this draft or next draft get a QB that we feel can be our guy, and after that we let Boller and this certain draft pick battle it out for the starting spot.

BigDawg819
03-25-2007, 04:09 PM
when did i ever say that mcnair is a better athlete than boller? at this point in his career, mcnair can't touch boller in that department. i know that. everyone knows that. he's one of the most talented quarterbacks in the game.

nor have i ever said that david carr would be a good signing. he would be a terrible signing for us. i think he's an ok player, but he's exactly what we don't need.

mcnair led us to a 13-3 record, and had about 2 or 3 big comebacks. i'm not gonna completely jump ship because of one bad performance.

But its ok to jump ship on Kyle because of what exactly.........

Ravens1991
03-25-2007, 04:11 PM
But its ok to jump ship on Kyle because of what exactly.........

Bad decision making, Bad accuracy, his last season as a stater he had more INT the TD.

BigDawg819
03-25-2007, 04:31 PM
Everyone knows it takes 3 full seasons for QB's to truly develop, something Kyle never had the chance to do. Everyone wants to jump on the guy who supports Kyle and doesn't want to draft QB or sign some cast off from another franchise. I'm tired of having to defend my views every single day on this team forum! A rookie would be a waste of a pick due to the fact that he won't know the system and none of you will stick by him long enough to develop properly, you have proven that by your bailing on Kyle Boller!

dcarey20
03-25-2007, 04:41 PM
Everyone knows it takes 3 full seasons for QB's to truly develop, something Kyle never had the chance to do. Everyone wants to jump on the guy who supports Kyle and doesn't want to draft QB or sign some cast off from another franchise. I'm tired of having to defend my views every single day on this team forum! A rookie would be a waste of a pick due to the fact that he won't know the system and none of you will stick by him long enough to develop properly, you have proven that by your bailing on Kyle Boller!

stop dude. i agree, i don't want a rookie either. i don't want to go through developing another guy.

i have not "bailed" on boller. the only thing that i have said is that steve mcnair should be the starter. JUST BECAUSE I THINK THAT DOES NOT MEAN I HATE BOLLER OR I HAVE GIVEN UP ON HIM.

you're just out looking for a fight.

BigDawg819
03-25-2007, 04:59 PM
stop dude. i agree, i don't want a rookie either. i don't want to go through developing another guy.

i have not "bailed" on boller. the only thing that i have said is that steve mcnair should be the starter. JUST BECAUSE I THINK THAT DOES NOT MEAN I HATE BOLLER OR I HAVE GIVEN UP ON HIM.

you're just out looking for a fight.

I am not looking for a fight, nor am I singling you out on these posts so get over yourself! My intentions are aimed at all the masses that are jumping on the bandwagons of drafting a rookie QB or signing some cast off like David Carr. My intent is to get the point across that Kyle should be starting!

Ravens1991
03-25-2007, 06:17 PM

1. He had 3 years, 2003,2004,2005, that is 3 years. Unless you want to go by games played in. 2003-2005 he had 36 starts, a little over 2 seasons, s the games he had the games he played in this season he still made decision making and accuracy errors. It was his 4th year in the system. With the age of some veterans it was needed to bring in a veteran leader. In the 2005 season Boller had 12 INT in his 9 games he played in. While McNair basically played in 14 games for missing CAR and CLE due to injuries. he had 12 INT also. I think we need a game manager that limits his turnovers.

2.About a rookie, I think it would just be a idea for the future, let him and Boller battle it out for competiton. If he still makes horrible mistakes like Boller in their 4th year then I will think it is time for a change.

that is just my opinion.

Troj2man
03-26-2007, 01:41 AM
Its the last year of his contract so we owe it to him to let him have his rightful shot at the job. And trust me, if we get to the promised land and the arm of Kyle Boller, Steve McNair would be the first person to thank him for it.

I don't think we owe Kyle Boller anything. The guy has had plenty of chances to prove that he should be the QB for this team now and in the future. He hasn't proven that he can be the Ravens QB yet.

Look, I like Kyle Boller as a person. He doesn't point the finger at other people. He gets up and gives his all for our Baltimore Ravens. To step up after being cheered while injured and go back out there in front those classless so called "fans" that cheered his injury, shows a lot of courage. He's a very likeable guy.

With that said, I have serious doubts about his ability to be a legit NFL starting QB. He's shown flashes of being legit, but too often he follows those flashes up with bone headed mistakes. I really do wish it would all click for Kyle and he would go on to be our QB for years to come. I have my doubts about him though.

What it is all about for me is, what QB gives the Ravens the best chance to win. Right now Mcnair gives us the best chance at doing that. He has at the most, 2 years of starting in the NFL left. Then we'll have to go on to who is the best option. I don't care if the guy is black, white, purple, or yellow. As long as he gives us the best chance, I'm fine with it.

BigDawg819
03-28-2007, 10:27 AM
Kyle Boller is the future one way or another, to lose him definitely closes a window of opportunity!

Ravens1991
03-28-2007, 02:07 PM
Kyle Boller is the future one way or another, to lose him definitely closes a window of opportunity!

Our window is probably gonna close by the time McNair retires, because when McNair retires, Ray, Trevor Pryce, JO, and possibly C-mac will retire by that time also.