PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day Depth Chart

BradysKnee
06-11-2010, 10:35 AM
Or at least my take on it:
Boring offseason...

QB: Brady, Hoyer, Robinson(Wildcat)
RB: Morris/Taylor/Faulk/Green Ellis (Watch for Pierre Thomas here!)
FB: Vacant
TE: Gronk, Hern, Crumpler
Z: Moss, Tate,
X: Holt, Price
Slot- Welker, Edelman
RT: Vollmer, Levoir, Bussey
RG: Kaczur, Neal, Orhberger
C: Koppen, Larsen, Connoly,
LG: Mankins, Neal, Connoly,
LT: Light, Welch, Bussey

SDE: Warren, Pryor, Deaderick
WDE: Wright, Pryor, Warren
DT: Wilfork, Brace, Warren, Weston,
SOLB: Burgess,Cunningham, Woods, Ninkinovich
WOLB: Banta-Cain, Crable, Ninkinovich
ILB: Mayo, Spikes, Mckenzie (I think Mckenzie could be will in a 4-3 as well)
CB: Bodden, Butler, Mccourty, Wheatley, Wilhite
FS: Meriweather, Sanders, Ventrone
SS: Chung, McGowan

AntoinCD
06-11-2010, 11:12 AM
I dont see any way Maroney doesnt make the roster and I think that Aiken will be the special teamer kept over Ventrone

FlyingElvis
06-11-2010, 11:14 AM
Looks about right to me. The only changes I would make are:

Kaczur - I'm not sure I see him taking over for Neal.

Maroney - he will be our #1 again this year. He could very well lose that spot (again) but it will be his to lose again.

Burgess - Good lawdy I hope we can get some production out of Cunnigham. We need him to take over immediately.

FlyingElvis
06-11-2010, 11:14 AM
I dont see any way Maroney doesnt make the roster and I think that Aiken will be the special teamer kept over Ventrone

Great point.

BradysKnee
06-11-2010, 12:45 PM
Maybe my bias (hating Maroney) is coming in here. It's also possible about Aiken, but Bellichick seems to like the Ventrone boys lol.

nepg
06-11-2010, 01:25 PM
Just the starters for now...
QB: Brady
RB: Maroney
WR: Moss
WR: Welker/Edelman
WR: Holt
TE: Gronkowski
LT: Light
LG: Mankins
C: Koppen
RG: Neal
RT: Vollmer

DE: Warren
NT: Wilfork
DE: Wright
OB: Banta-Cain
IB: Mayo
IB: Guyton
OB: Burgess
CB: Bodden
S: Meriweather
S: Chung
CB: Butler

Jvig43
06-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Looks about right to me. The only changes I would make are:

Kaczur - I'm not sure I see him taking over for Neal.

Maroney - he will be our #1 again this year. He could very well lose that spot (again) but it will be his to lose again.

Burgess - Good lawdy I hope we can get some production out of Cunnigham. We need him to take over immediately.

Cunningham has a way to go before pushing fir a starting role, he hasnt had any time with first unit yet from what ive read from reports, only snaps hes getting are with the third stringers.

descendency
06-11-2010, 08:05 PM
Here is a rumor I picked up from another teams boards: The eagles want a safety now and NE could be the target since we have 4 starters basically. James Sanders would be the likely target.

I'm kind of shocked this hasn't happened already, so it may not happen at all.

BradysKnee
06-12-2010, 12:34 PM
Here is a rumor I picked up from another teams boards: The eagles want a safety now and NE could be the target since we have 4 starters basically. James Sanders would be the likely target.

I'm kind of shocked this hasn't happened already, so it may not happen at all.

Would make sense, but what would the eagles offer?

descendency
06-12-2010, 11:21 PM
A draft pick? I have no idea. Probably in the neighborhood of a 3rd round pick.

I have a sneaky suspicion that belichick likes his safety group too much and is asking for too much from his trading partners.

BradysKnee
06-13-2010, 12:13 PM
Well given the lack of depth in our secondary in recent years who can blame him lol.

FlyingElvis
06-14-2010, 12:24 PM
hhhmmmmm . . . trade a safety, eh? I wouldn't be upset to gain a draft pick for Sanders / McGowan. But I'm fine keeping that depth there, too. Draft picks are valued too high to begin with, so I doubt we'd get a 3rd for a safety and anything less than that isn't worth it for us.

Cunningham has a way to go before pushing fir a starting role, he hasnt had any time with first unit yet from what ive read from reports, only snaps hes getting are with the third stringers.

Wishful thinking, I know. The transition guys usually need 3 years.

nepg
06-14-2010, 01:42 PM
I don't like trading any of the safeties. The Pats have had too many injuries to the secondary in the past to trade one of their safeties for a low draft pick. Besides, they've all found their own niche within the defense, so it's not like any of them are just sitting around waiting to play. Plus, they're all cheap.