PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Best DE

Hines
06-14-2010, 01:07 PM
Who should be the other starting DE in the AFCN?

K Train
06-14-2010, 01:14 PM
aaron smith in a blowout

BigDawg819
06-14-2010, 01:19 PM
Paul Kruger

Yeah I went there! :D

Bengals78
06-14-2010, 01:22 PM
When healthy Antwan Odom. Not sure he would fit well in the 3-4 but in general all our guys are at a disadvantage on D for this. I think he could do it and still be able to collapse the pocket effectively.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
06-14-2010, 01:24 PM
I don't see how it could be anyone other than Smith. Dudes been a beast for a long time. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Ravens1991
06-14-2010, 01:29 PM
Aaron Smith via rape of this poll.

BmoreBlackByrdz
06-14-2010, 04:48 PM
Aaron Smith, and it's not even close.

However, I still prefer Hampton(DE) - Rogers(NT) - Ngata(DE).
Three guys all over 300 pounds, all commanding double teams. No one could run the ball on us, while we might not get much of a pass rush, NO ONE would lay a finger on our backers and they would have many open lanes to the QB.

Am I alone on this or is anyone else with me?

Bengals78
06-14-2010, 04:52 PM
Can we get to CB please?

K Train
06-14-2010, 04:53 PM
Aaron Smith, and it's not even close.

However, I still prefer Hampton(DE) - Rogers(NT) - Ngata(DE).
Three guys all over 300 pounds, all commanding double teams. No one could run the ball on us, while we might not get much of a pass rush, NO ONE would lay a finger on our backers and they would have many open lanes to the QB.

Am I alone on this or is anyone else with me?

rogers is more athletic and faster than hampton....id have casey at nose and rogers at end but yea i agree

and i am pretty sure smith is 300 pounds of prototype 5 tech, if our line looked like that it would be 3 men all hovering around 350 playing at a pro bowl level....christ

bce
06-14-2010, 06:22 PM
ziggy hood

K Train
06-14-2010, 06:47 PM
we arent voting for the worst backup DE

bce
06-14-2010, 07:38 PM
Robaire smith and kenyon coleman wouldnt start for the steelers. Why are they on the list. Ziggy will be starting, sooner rather than later, and in the games he has played, hes played well.

BmoreBlackByrdz
06-15-2010, 04:03 PM
Robaire smith and kenyon coleman wouldnt start for the steelers. Why are they on the list. Ziggy will be starting, sooner rather than later, and in the games he has played, hes played well.

but wait, doesn't Aaron Smith have the most rings???

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
06-15-2010, 04:27 PM
but wait, doesn't Aaron Smith have the most rings???

AHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

+REP

EDIT: Nevermind I must spread some around first.

coordinator0
06-16-2010, 09:51 AM
Looks like it's pretty clear that Aaron Smith will win this one (as he should). On to the next one I say!

bce
06-16-2010, 04:43 PM
aaron smith really didnt play last year, and hes 35 years old. In the past the best may have been aaron smith. Now, i think its most likely ziggy hood.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
06-16-2010, 04:45 PM
Can we please have a AFC North neg rep rape on bce. This guy is either Ziggy Hood himself or just a ******

RavenMadness
06-16-2010, 04:48 PM
Shaun Rodgers is soft, fat, and overrated. How many NT's openly admit that there a pass rush first type of guy. He gets pushed around and he's DONE by the 2nd half if you cut him...This is the way my lineup would look.

DE: Aaron Smith (League's most underrated player- Coming from a Ravens fan)!
NT: Casey Hampton
DE: Haloti Ngata
OLB: James Harrison
ILB: Ray Lewis
ILB: D'qwell Jackson
OLB: Terrell Suggs
CB: Leon Hall
CB: Jonathan Joseph
SS: Troy Polamalu
FS: Ed Reed
OFFENSE:
LT: Joe Thomas
LG: Ben Grubbs
C: Alex Mack
RG: Bobbie Williams (Phenominal run blocker)
RT: Michael Ohre
TE: Heath Miller
TE: Jermaine Gresham (Jumping the gun)
RB: Ray Rice
FB: Le'Ron McClain ( I took the liberty of adding a 12th man)
Z: Anquan Boldin
X: Chad Ochocinco
Slot: Josh Cribbs
QB: Ben Roethlisberger
K: Jeff Reed
KR/PR: Josh Cribbs
P: Who cares? The depth of that team would be extrordinary and would dominate in all aspects...The only clear weakness would be our corners..

K Train
06-16-2010, 04:49 PM
evander hood is an awful 5 tech, hes a 43 under tackle

K Train
06-16-2010, 04:53 PM
Shaun Rodgers is soft, fat, and overrated. How many NT's openly admit that there a pass rush first type of guy. He gets pushed around and he's DONE by the 2nd half if you cut him...This is the way my lineup would look.

DE: Aaron Smith (League's most underrated player- Coming from a Ravens fan)!
NT: Casey Hampton
DE: Haloti Ngata
OLB: James Harrison
ILB: Ray Lewis
ILB: D'qwell Jackson
OLB: Terrell Suggs
CB: Leon Hall
CB: Jonathan Joseph
SS: Troy Polamalu
FS: Ed Reed
OFFENSE:
LT: Joe Thomas
LG: Ben Grubbs
C: Alex Mack
RG: Bobbie Williams (Phenominal run blocker)
RT: Michael Ohre
TE: Heath Miller
TE: Jermaine Gresham (Jumping the gun)
RB: Ray Rice
FB: Le'Ron McClain ( I took the liberty of adding a 12th man)
Z: Anquan Boldin
X: Chad Ochocinco
Slot: Josh Cribbs
QB: Ben Roethlisberger
K: Jeff Reed
KR/PR: Josh Cribbs
P: Who cares? The depth of that team would be extrordinary and would dominate in all aspects...The only clear weakness would be our corners..
cribbs in the slot over wallace?

i definitely think wright has a chance to make a case of being better than leon hall

and aaron was underrated for so long, but you can only be known as the underrated guy for so long before you are rated just fine. he was the best 34 end in the league for a while, seymour was more versatile in that he could play nose, now ngata and dockett are the best 34 ends....but he was at one point just a master of the position