PDA

View Full Version : Levi Brown

Non_Sequitur
03-17-2007, 01:53 PM
If Levi Brown slips and falls to the 18th pick in the first round, and the Bengals are offering us their pick for our 1st and our 2nd round picks, would it be worth it to pull the trigger and take Brown for a RT need.

'cuse-213
03-17-2007, 02:08 PM
maybe our first and a fourth or something. its only 7 spots to move up.

Crickett
03-17-2007, 02:26 PM
I dunno.

Someone mentioned in a thread on the general draft forum that Levi Brown struggled in RT drills. Don't really know of the validity of that though.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3101

Non_Sequitur
03-17-2007, 02:26 PM
maybe our first and a fourth or something. its only 7 spots to move up.

Our 1st and our 2nd is the value on the chart, it's what we'd have to give up to move up in front of the Titans-Giants pairing that would surely take him.

tishdog
03-17-2007, 02:54 PM
I would rather stay put. Theres a chance that he will fall to us anyways because it seems that Joe Staley has passed him.

derza222
03-17-2007, 05:19 PM
I'd rather not trade up at all. Right tackle is a need but there are a lot of things we need to address and I'd prefer more of a road grader type that we could get in the second or third to Brown at the right tackle position anyway. He seems like a LT/RT tweener, and I'm not sure he'll be a great fit at either position. I'd take him if he slips to us I guess, but I definitely would rather not trade up.

bigbluedefense
03-17-2007, 05:25 PM
I think Blaylock is a better choice. He can play RT if necessary, and also move inside and potentially be a PB caliber player at OG. I think if NYJ wants to further address oline, Blaylock would be the smartest round 1 choice.

derza222
03-17-2007, 05:34 PM
I think Blaylock is a better choice. He can play RT if necessary, and also move inside and potentially be a PB caliber player at OG. I think if NYJ wants to further address oline, Blaylock would be the smartest round 1 choice.

BBD, Blaylock mostly did not look very good at the Senior Bowl because he was playing outside at tackle, correct? I think he'd be a good pick in the first because he gives a nasty attitude to the line that I don't think we really have right now, and gives us more flexibility in our draft. If a good RT slips down to us we can take him and let both step in, and if not we can see what Blaylock does outside. Most people don't think we'll address the line early, I think there's a very good chance we take an OL in the first.

bigbluedefense
03-17-2007, 05:42 PM
BBD, Blaylock mostly did not look very good at the Senior Bowl because he was playing outside at tackle, correct? I think he'd be a good pick in the first because he gives a nasty attitude to the line that I don't think we really have right now, and gives us more flexibility in our draft. If a good RT slips down to us we can take him and let both step in, and if not we can see what Blaylock does outside. Most people don't think we'll address the line early, I think there's a very good chance we take an OL in the first.

From what Ive heard, Blaylock was injured. Thats why he looked bad in the Senior Bowl despite playing at a high level all year. Its a tough call, was he faking it or genuine? Who knows.

I think his flexibility makes him a more reasonable round 1 option compared to Levi Brown. He could play OG at a very high level, and if called upon, can play decent at RT Im assuming.

Its a tough call. I think if the Jets do decide to go oline in round 1, they should consider Blaylock, because he is the only olinemen outside of Thomas and Kalil that I think deserves a round 1 grade. Levi Brown would be a round 2 or 3 talent in any other draft. But because this draft is so thin at Tackle, he'll be taken in Round 1. Similar to Olsen, the Miami TE.

That BC LT could be a sleeper RT in later rounds. James Marten is his name.

derza222
03-17-2007, 11:10 PM
I've heard good things about Marten before. Nasty demeanor? We definitely need some tough guys on this line. If we could get Blaylock and Marten our line could be much improved this year, especially in the run game. Our inability to give our backs a hole to run through at times really killed our run game this season, granted the backs weren't that great but the line was subpar as well.

Non_Sequitur
03-18-2007, 04:31 AM
Blalock* (Not Blaylock)

For 3 people in this thread.

jetsfan3
03-18-2007, 11:00 AM
If we draft an Olineman, I want him to be a RT or RG who is an exceptional run blocker and nasty demeanor type guy. That is exactly what we lacked last season.

Young Nasty Man
03-18-2007, 06:08 PM
If we draft an Olineman, I want him to be a RT or RG who is an exceptional run blocker and nasty demeanor type guy. That is exactly what we lacked last season.

couldn't agree anymore...I want a big ****** aswell a guy who is strong and tough...

hcbrad08
03-18-2007, 09:29 PM
I think if instead of drafting how wright has us drafting we could go...
1) Revis
2A) Francis
2B) Trade down for a 3rd and next year 2nd or 3rd (maybe get a 4th for this year)
3a) Manuel Ramirez
3b) Doug Free

This would be a great way to bolster the line (an immediate and long term need) and address our needs on the DL and Secondary and getting the best value out of all of our picks

BroadwayJoe10
03-18-2007, 10:37 PM
1) Revis
2A) Francis
2B) Trade down for a 3rd and next year 2nd or 3rd (maybe get a 4th for this year)
3a) Manuel Ramirez
3b) Doug Free

This would be a great way to bolster the line (an immediate and long term need) and address our needs on the DL and Secondary and getting the best value out of all of our picks

not only do i like it, but i think its extremely plausible and likely, im not saying thats the exact scenario that theyre thinking of at this moment while we're talking about what theyre gonna do, but its like the same thing when the traded down with wash and picked up clemens...i love it and can anybody see the reason for changing his pick from ramirez to mebane...unless maybe scotts just lookin to get a rise out of us hah

Crickett
03-19-2007, 05:25 PM
1) Revis
2A) Francis
3a) Manuel Ramirez
3b) Doug Free

Really think lightning can strike two years in a row? :o

BroadwayJoe10
03-19-2007, 09:46 PM
Really think lightning can strike two years in a row? :o

this dude Roy Sullivan who was an american park ranger was struck seven times between 1942 and 1977...so i figure if that guy can survive all that we can def do it again haha