PDA

View Full Version : Taking a trip to Baltimore in a week

niel89
06-15-2010, 12:19 AM
I'm going to be in the Baltimore area for a friends wedding next week and I wondering what are some of the things some of you guys recommend that I check out. What sites should I visit and what restaurants are a must to eat at?

Ravens1991
06-15-2010, 01:03 AM
be safe, the citys crime rate is ridiculous.

Check out the inner harbor, it has a ESPN Zone and a hard rock Cafe. Try some crab cakes or some crabs that is what Baltimore is known for.

ccB
06-15-2010, 01:19 AM
Eh, I wouldn't worry about the crime, most the crime is tied to the drug trade so as long as you don't set up shop on a corner in West Baltimore you'll be fine. If you stick around the Harbor there is plenty of stuff to do, and it's very safe, you'll have a good time especially if you've never been there before.

BigDawg819
06-15-2010, 08:13 AM
Eh, I wouldn't worry about the crime, most the crime is tied to the drug trade so as long as you don't set up shop on a corner in West Baltimore you'll be fine. If you stick around the Harbor there is plenty of stuff to do, and it's very safe, you'll have a good time especially if you've never been there before.

This is hitting the nail on the head. The city gets a bad rap due to shows like "The Wire" for instance but it has bad spots just like any other city.

Really depends on what you are in the mood for whether its hotspots or cultural. There's the Science Center, the National Aquarium, the Walters Art Gallery. Hard Rock Live has plenty of establishments to quench your particular thirst. Baltimore Street in certain sections will spice up a bachelor party. The more information you provide us the more we can give requisite advice.

trkaline
06-17-2010, 06:05 AM
be safe, the citys crime rate is ridiculous.

Check out the inner harbor, it has a ESPN Zone and a hard rock Cafe. Try some crab cakes or some crabs that is what Baltimore is known for.

ESPN Zones gone....

Ravens1991
06-17-2010, 08:54 AM
wtf r u serious? What is there now?

trkaline
06-17-2010, 10:52 AM
wtf r u serious? What is there now?

Well, technically itas still there...but a couple of days ago all the ESPN Zones across the country closed down except the one attached to Disney World...

BmoreBlackByrdz
06-17-2010, 04:07 PM
whoa, I don't live in Baltimore, but I go down there a lot. Is the ESPN Zone really gone? god, I loved that place, but yeah, the inner harbor is always a nice place to hang out.

Great restaurants, good entertainment and I just love the atmosphere.