PDA

View Full Version : Team Reviews?

mat33
06-18-2010, 07:12 PM
I was just wondering if anyone knew when the individual team draft reviews were coming out or if Scott was planning on doing them this year?

CashmoneyDrew
06-18-2010, 07:33 PM
Considering it's two months past the draft, I'd say they're not gonna happen. There are plenty of great board posters here who have done a great job reviewing, though. Try searching for those.

Shane P. Hallam
06-18-2010, 07:42 PM
If you'd like to see mine as a contributor to the site, feel free to check them out at http://nfldraft.blip.tv or let me know which teams you are looking for and I will post them here.

tEk
06-18-2010, 08:52 PM
so is scott going to keep this site running...?

zachsaints52
06-19-2010, 01:55 PM
If you'd like to see mine as a contributor to the site, feel free to check them out at http://nfldraft.blip.tv or let me know which teams you are looking for and I will post them here.

Shane.... lets make babies.

Mr.Regular
06-19-2010, 03:41 PM
Shane, whats the story on Scott? We all know he lacked in content this past year but after the draft he just disappeared. We need him back, when he's in full swing he's the best there is

tjsunstein
06-21-2010, 10:46 AM
The only thing keeping this site as a whole from dying are the posters on the forums.

will99890
06-21-2010, 11:37 AM
Very true. In general, most of the posters here are pretty intelligent and competent. The forums make this place worth while. Although I do miss Scott's reviews and input on forum discussions. I know he has a lot more media obligations than in the past, but I hope he starts contributing again soon.

Brent
06-21-2010, 03:03 PM
The only thing keeping this site as a whole from dying are the posters on the forums.
I just have the forum bookmarked, I dont even look at the main page any more.

tjsunstein
06-21-2010, 03:19 PM
Same. The only reason I ventured into the forums in the first place is because of the content on the main page. I think when that up to date content is lacking, it steers people away from navigating more of the site in turn losing potential quality posters.

Shane P. Hallam
06-21-2010, 04:31 PM
Shane, whats the story on Scott? We all know he lacked in content this past year but after the draft he just disappeared. We need him back, when he's in full swing he's the best there is

Scott is doing fine, we should be seeing new content very shortly :)

bigbluedefense
06-22-2010, 12:38 PM
With so many draft websites popping up and the competition getting better and better, Scott really needs to overhaul his main site and add more content to it.

The scouting reports are often contradictory, they lack substance, often times aren't updated or aren't even filled out. Some websites not only provide up to date reports, but videos as well.

Scott has done a good job with this website, but if he wants to keep it afloat, he really needs to step it up this year. Most of us only come for the forums because his content is severely lacking.

JFLO
06-22-2010, 01:44 PM
Scott is doing fine, we should be seeing new content very shortly :)

2010 new content like reviews or 2011 stuff?

He usually does new draft stuff in the late August - Mid September range, but if he does it early this year, that would be awesome.

I have to agree though that this site in general has gone down in terms of content and use compared to years like 2006 and 2007.

Shane P. Hallam
06-22-2010, 01:47 PM
2010 new content like reviews or 2011 stuff?

He usually does new draft stuff in the late August - Mid September range, but if he does it early this year, that would be awesome.

I have to agree though that this site in general has gone down in terms of content and use compared to years like 2006 and 2007.

2010 reviews for now, like you said, relaunch will occur later.

Mr.Regular
06-22-2010, 02:34 PM
Id rather him skip the reviews. That ship has sailed. It'll be over 2 months since the draft happened, there's been plenty of material out there about reviews and what not. Other sites are already onto next years stuff, if he starts pumping out reviews over 2 months late it won't help.

I hope he just jumps into the 2011 material, and forgets about the past year. Call last year a mulligan, and start fresh.

jrdrylie
06-22-2010, 05:06 PM
Scott just tweeted saying this :

"For those who were wondering I am in fact still alive, just been enjoying the summer. Going to start the team-by-team reviews next week."

LonghornsLegend
06-22-2010, 05:15 PM

x2.

I haven't read the main site in so long, and I agree with BBD Scott will have to start to really work at it to get things back into contention with other scouting sites. I get better info on these forums about prospects then most places, and if it were not for the posters here this site would easily be a ghost town no doubt about it.

Scotty D
06-22-2010, 08:46 PM
Some of Scott's best content is found on the podcasts he does or guests on. I'm not sure a lot of people check that out.

GB12
06-22-2010, 10:02 PM
Is there really a point in doing reviews this late? Does anyone really care anymore. There have been two months since the draft for people to read reviews from sites that got them up in a timely manner. I like Scott's stuff and probably would have read some of it had it been up earlier, but I have no interest in reading reviews now. There's a window for this kind of stuff and he missed it. Might as well focus on 2011 so he might be able to finish the scouting reports this time.

therock6000
06-22-2010, 11:13 PM
Scott just tweeted saying this :

"For those who were wondering I am in fact still alive, just been enjoying the summer. Going to start the team-by-team reviews next week."

And he couldn't have told us this 2 months ago?

Wavy77
06-25-2010, 02:45 PM
I think since last year it's been obvious that he's not going to be the first to come up with reviews no matter how you twist it. I mean: a lot of sites even write grades as the draft passes by.

Does it matter? Why compete to be the first to come up with grades when you're a one man venture competing against sites who have 10-20 people working to get out all the reviews and grades right away. This site is more about quality than news value. Why not write draft grades 6 months after all of the other draftniks did it? You certainly have had more time to digest the draft than when you rush a so-so product just to meet the same deadlines as Walter Football and ESPN . As far as I know Draft Countdown has limited resources as far as personnel goes, and there will be some limitations, but I'd rather see Scott compromizing on the news factor than the content.

If you want Scott's gut reaction to the draft go to Prime Sports Network draft review podcast.

mjo116
07-23-2010, 07:15 PM
any update on when those reviews are gonna be posted?

TitanHope
07-23-2010, 07:43 PM
any update on when those reviews are gonna be posted?

I think we're all pretty much in the dark.

Myself, I'm expecting to come to the site one day and have everything changed. I don't think Scott will come back quietly and be like, "Sorry guys, here's some reviews while I work on the re-launch." I'm expecting it to happen with a bang - team draft reviews, preliminary player rankings, and the current stuff archived. The works.

CashmoneyDrew
07-23-2010, 08:04 PM
Yeah, he said on twitter he was working on them, but that was over a month ago. Personally, he might just want to move on to 2011.

Shane P. Hallam
07-25-2010, 03:27 PM
I think we're all pretty much in the dark.

Myself, I'm expecting to come to the site one day and have everything changed. I don't think Scott will come back quietly and be like, "Sorry guys, here's some reviews while I work on the re-launch." I'm expecting it to happen with a bang - team draft reviews, preliminary player rankings, and the current stuff archived. The works.

Not likely. Expect to see team reviews in August, relaunch in September.

GB12
07-26-2010, 04:03 PM
So reviews are going to be out after training camps and possibly even the preseaon has started. That seems completely ridicolous to be doing draft reviews when we can already see the rookies on the field. I kind of said it before, but Scott ****** up this year big time. His content is lacking and he's three months late on draft reviews. Certainly not a good way to keep people coming back.

Jakey
07-26-2010, 04:09 PM
Im not really bothered about waiting for the reviews, i just think its more of a shame that the website/forum will probably die along with it. If the forum dies, it will be a sad day.

LonghornsLegend
07-26-2010, 04:43 PM
^^

It's not like it was the site content that kept this forum pumping, only way it would die is if the forum itself kept people from coming back here, basically the url not pulling up the website or the site closing.

Otherwise, the posters here usually will be around, because nobody here really used the main site to keep this part active. Sometimes it generates conversation, but that's about it.

Shane P. Hallam
07-26-2010, 04:49 PM
It's the offseason guys, no worries, we have plenty of good and new things planned for the upcoming year.

prock
07-26-2010, 04:49 PM
I don't plan on leaving this forum anytime soon.

prock
07-26-2010, 04:51 PM
It's the offseason guys, no worries, we have plenty of good and new things planned for the upcoming year.

Good, because I am really getting sick of the NBA thread. It can't be football season soon enough.

yourfavestoner
07-26-2010, 05:57 PM
Good, because I am really getting sick of the NBA thread. It can't be football season soon enough.

Me too, it's just devolved into "which ****** team can trade the least-****** parts for another ****** team's good players."

prock
07-26-2010, 10:44 PM
Me too, it's just devolved into "which ****** team can trade the least-****** parts for another ****** team's good players."

Yup, added in the fact that the NBA is ******* stupid to begin with...

mjo116
08-07-2010, 08:03 PM
Not likely. Expect to see team reviews in August, relaunch in September.

any chance those reviews will be out before preseason starts?

PossibleCabbage
08-08-2010, 12:34 AM
any chance those reviews will be out before preseason starts?

Considering that the preseason starts in about 19 hours from the time of this posting, probably not.

At this point, we should just hope for draft reviews (or at least the site reboot) before college football starts.

Shane P. Hallam
08-08-2010, 12:38 AM
I can tell you the relaunch is happening for sure. I have to wait on Scott to see about the reviews.

scottyboy
08-08-2010, 07:47 AM
here are the reviews:

if your team drafted a Rutgers player: A
every other team: F

there, satisfied?

marshallb
08-08-2010, 03:28 PM
here are the reviews:

if your team drafted a Rutgers player: A
every other team: F

there, satisfied?

Yay!!! The Vikings get an A.

Oh and btw, Ryan D'Imperio looked pretty good at training camp, got a few pictures with him in. He stayed after practice on Friday and took some time hitting the blocking sled, Lito Sheppard and Marko Mitchell were the only other players who stayed after practice. They were working on jams and getting off of jams.