PDA

View Full Version : *** How Did Our Bears Get So Many Holes in the Team? ***

mdalby
03-17-2007, 03:06 PM
If we trade Briggs for maybe a 1st and a 3rd then we will have two 1st round selections, a high 2nd round select, two 3rd round selections so we would have some high picks to fill holes.

Needs

Offensive Line
Since we traded Jones we NEED to set Benson up for success. the Running game is the #1 priority to take pressure off of Rex and keep the time of possession and help the defense.
Offensive line in general is a need. Garza needs to be replaced with a new ROG and Brown could be year to year. Tait should be moved to Right OT. We could use a Left OT. We need some youth at TE.

WR: Moose is not getting it done for the return on investment.

FB: We could you a better FB.

QB: don't get me started...

Defense
LB: We need depth at LB and if we trade Briggs, we need starters.

DB: We need a starting Strong Safety.

Ideal Reasonable Draft

1st Round Bears Selection: L OT Joe Staley
1st Round from Colts for Briggs Trade: R OG Justin Blalock (A longhorn paving the way for another Longhorn)
2nd Round: S Merriweather (Guns and fights are in this guys background and we have had enough issues with guns lately but I think he is too good to pass up)
3rd Round Bears Selection: OLB Quincy Black
3rd Round Colts Selection: S Aaron Rouse
4th Round Bears Selection: OLB Tim Shaw

VoteLynnSwan
03-17-2007, 03:19 PM
two LBs is probably unnecessary, but i like both those guys. After htat, it looks pretty good, although i don't know about Merriweather. And why would we need two safeties? that makes no sense.

mdalby
03-17-2007, 03:20 PM
We lost two safeties in FA, Mike Brown is always hurt...

regoob2
03-17-2007, 03:45 PM
Not gonna happen but if it did.......
Jarrett at 31, trade 32 and our 3rd rounder to 25 take griffin, 37 take blalock if he falls, the third we get in the briggs trade take quincy black. that would be sick but not gonna happen

KBear
03-17-2007, 07:18 PM
two LBs is probably unnecessary, but i like both those guys. After htat, it looks pretty good, although i don't know about Merriweather. And why would we need two safeties? that makes no sense.

I could see the Bears drafting atleast two OLB if they trade Briggs. First its not like Angelo has not done something like that before (see his 2003 and 2004 drafts). Plus there is still a bust factore to deal with. Drafting more then one player at a position will increase the odds that at least one of them will pan out. Angelo is good at finding players that fit our team, but that does not mean that he never drafts players that are bust.

Same thing for drafting two safties. Plus it is uncertain that Manning will develop and its uncertain that Brown can stay healthy, so I think it is even more likely that the Bears could draft two safties then draft two OLB, but both are still very possible.