PDA

View Full Version : Benson Busted for Assault

Bengals78
06-29-2010, 11:48 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/29/cedric-benson-busted-for-assault/

yourfavestoner
06-29-2010, 11:50 AM
Lol, what a dumbass. You'd think that he would have figured it out that bad thing happen to him when he's drinking.

FlyingElvis
06-29-2010, 12:35 PM
Dummy. Welcome to the multi-game suspension club.

Hines
06-29-2010, 12:42 PM
Guess this will hurt his shot of getting that long term deal he and Cincy were discussing.

Bengals78
06-29-2010, 12:43 PM
YFS - doesnt say he was drinking, which I think would have included a PI if he was no?

A Perfect Score
06-29-2010, 12:44 PM
Right in the middle of contract negotiations. What an idiot. I was a huge fan of his coming out of Texas, thought he'd be better then Ronnie Brown and Cadillac put together that year. Such a tough runner. Great balance. What a waste.

Bengals78
06-29-2010, 12:44 PM
Guess this will hurt his shot of getting that long term deal he and Cincy were discussing.

AT least he hits other men..................sorry just popped in my head

Hines
06-29-2010, 12:47 PM
AT least he hits other men..................sorry just popped in my head

I wonder if the employee did the Hook 'Em Horns upside down.

LonghornsLegend
06-29-2010, 12:50 PM
With his recent troubles I wonder if this results in a suspension, this dude is just never gonna get it.

Hines
06-29-2010, 12:58 PM
With his recent troubles I wonder if this results in a suspension, this dude is just never gonna get it.

I'd be pissed if it wasn't. This is his third arrest. If he gets off clean, I will not be a happy camper.

Philliez01
06-29-2010, 01:05 PM
Maybe he can just sing Man in the Mirror and all will be forgiven?

Stupid mistake though. Before he got injured, he had shades of Cedric in college.

It's funny though how starcrossed that RB Draft Class has ended up. Caddy's had some debilitating injuries (though kudos for him for even having any agility whatsoever left), Ronnie Brown has been nicked up a bit and Ced has been shrouded in idiocy.

yourfavestoner
06-29-2010, 01:10 PM
Maybe he can just sing Man in the Mirror and all will be forgiven?

Stupid mistake though. Before he got injured, he had shades of Cedric in college.

It's funny though how starcrossed that RB Draft Class has ended up. Caddy's had some debilitating injuries (though kudos for him for even having any agility whatsoever left), Ronnie Brown has been nicked up a bit and Ced has been shrouded in idiocy.

That whole draft class, save for a handful of players, was absolutely ******* awful from top to bottom.

Brent
06-29-2010, 01:23 PM
Hah. Actually, this place is on 6th in Austin and it's a place where tools go.

killxswitch
06-29-2010, 01:25 PM
Hah. Actually, this place is on 6th in Austin and it's a place where tools go.

If someone opened a nice bar/club called The Toolbox, would you go?

Brent
06-29-2010, 01:27 PM
If someone opened a nice bar/club called The Toolbox, would you go?
no, but I dont like bars.

OSUGiants17
06-29-2010, 02:04 PM
I feel really bad for whoever had a super early Fantasy Draft and draft Benson, lol. What a 'tard

Shahin
06-29-2010, 02:07 PM
.....on the PLUS side, this might drive his value down and we can sign him real cheap!

no?

(am i the only person that thinks getting in a bar fight doesn't warrant a suspension?)

iowatreat54
06-29-2010, 02:09 PM
Aaaaaand the return of the 2 cent brain we all saw in Chicago.

Don't get me wrong, Ced was showing a lot of promise, and a lot more than he ever showed in Chicago. But part of the reason most Chicago fans hated him was because he was a complete moron and basically never showed any flashes of actually having a brain. He legitimately might be dumber than a box of rocks.

PalmerToCJ
06-29-2010, 02:22 PM

I think that would make his response reasonable lol.

Ugh... Benson, I know those white boys were ganging up on you but you didn't have to punch one in the face.

Bengals78
06-29-2010, 02:24 PM
.....on the PLUS side, this might drive his value down and we can sign him real cheap!

no?

(am i the only person that thinks getting in a bar fight doesn't warrant a suspension?)

Punching out a bouncer shouldnt lol.

bam bam
06-29-2010, 04:09 PM
You can't polish a turd.

Ness
06-29-2010, 04:16 PM

Hilarious. That made me laugh out loud.

Hey maybe this will open the door for Bernard Scott. He looked nice in limited action last year.

Bengalsrocket
06-29-2010, 04:24 PM
The article on NFL.com seems to have more information: http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d818e3f24&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Seems like Cedric just got his feelings hurt and took it a little to far. He probably should have walked away, but I understand when you feel like people are ganging up on you.

I think we can manage to survive a few games without him, but I still hope the suspension is light.

Pat Sims 90
06-29-2010, 04:34 PM
Looks like Bernard Scott vaule will go up a bunch in Fantasy now.

Wont suprize me a bit the Bengals don't resign him after the season and target Ingram, Williams, or Royster in the Draft.

LonghornsLegend
06-29-2010, 04:34 PM
So does Bernard Scott finally get a chance to show what he's worth in Cincy as a 17-20 carry a game guy? I mean there aren't many other options, I'm sure they would love a banger but who is out there right now?

PackerLegend
06-29-2010, 04:38 PM
"White Boys" So its a color thing... ps Cedric punch someone after you get the check you want not before.

Pat Sims 90
06-29-2010, 04:40 PM
So does Bernard Scott finally get a chance to show what he's worth in Cincy as a 17-20 carry a game guy? I mean there aren't many other options, I'm sure they would love a banger but who is out there right now?

yea i think scott and brian Leonard can share the load, but with the upgrades that were made in the passing game i could see them passing more with Benson out.

regoob2
06-29-2010, 04:41 PM
The article on NFL.com seems to have more information: http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d818e3f24&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Seems like Cedric just got his feelings hurt and took it a little to far. He probably should have walked away, but I understand when you feel like people are ganging up on you.

I think we can manage to survive a few games without him, but I still hope the suspension is light.
From that article it doesnt seem like this was his fault. Lets not bash him just to bash him.

eaglesalltheway
06-29-2010, 04:48 PM
You can't polish a turd.

They proved this wrong on mythbusters...
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/hBj6PonX14A/0.jpg

bam bam
06-29-2010, 06:00 PM
They proved this wrong on mythbusters...
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/hBj6PonX14A/0.jpg

Why is he holding Cedric Benson like that?

iowatreat54
06-29-2010, 06:47 PM
From that article it doesnt seem like this was his fault. Lets not bash him just to bash him.

Ummm what?

He got taken out of the bar because he was causing a disturbance, then complained to the bartender/bouncer that the "white boys" were ganging up on him. When the bartender/bouncer said he wasn't letting him back in, he punched him in the face. How is that not his fault?

Maybe the first altercation wasn't his fault, but you don't punch someone in the face for kicking you out of a bar/not letting you back in. According to the story, the bouncer did nothing to physically harm or attack Benson and simply told him he couldn't come back in, and Benson jacked him. How on earth do you see that as it not being Benson's fault?

This just reeks of immaturity and stupidity. Punching someone in the face that was just doing his job and wasn't physically threatening you. Yea, Benson had no other choice but to punch him...right...

Matthew Jones
06-29-2010, 11:41 PM
Damn, I was huge on Benson coming out but it seems like he just can't get his career on track. I was excited to see how he would build off of a nice 2009.

brat316
06-29-2010, 11:59 PM
Do you think 6 games or a year?

yourfavestoner
06-30-2010, 12:00 AM
Ummm what?

He got taken out of the bar because he was causing a disturbance, then complained to the bartender/bouncer that the "white boys" were ganging up on him. When the bartender/bouncer said he wasn't letting him back in, he punched him in the face. How is that not his fault?

Maybe the first altercation wasn't his fault, but you don't punch someone in the face for kicking you out of a bar/not letting you back in. According to the story, the bouncer did nothing to physically harm or attack Benson and simply told him he couldn't come back in, and Benson jacked him. How on earth do you see that as it not being Benson's fault?

This just reeks of immaturity and stupidity. Punching someone in the face that was just doing his job and wasn't physically threatening you. Yea, Benson had no other choice but to punch him...right...

Yeah, that is just ******* stupid.

Shahin
06-30-2010, 03:43 AM
Do you think 6 games or a year?

**** that, it better be 4 games tops.

trkaline
06-30-2010, 06:10 AM
I say 8 to a year. If Big Ben can get 4-6 for a rape accusation, i 'd say with his track record and all for an actual assault it seems fair. Suspend all the Raven Killers!!!!

The Unseen
06-30-2010, 06:23 AM
what a champ