PDA

View Full Version : Darrell Scott?

Duffman57
07-01-2010, 03:56 PM
Ok, so i've heard alot about how this kid was far and away the #1 recruit and he was gonna be the next LT and all and all. Then he went to Colorado and some say it was a bad fit, poor choice, and he was lazy and got out of shape and whatnot. He's now at USF from what i've heard, and he has to sit out a year i think, but from what i've heard, he's a perfect fit for Skip Holtz's O.

But the question i have is, do you guys think this kid has a shot of turning it around in the next 2 years and actually giving himself a shot at even looking at getting drafted?

From what i remember from when he was being recruited, he's got an elite skillset (6' 220, ran a 4.3 in HS i guess and is a natural runner (or at least was) with a great feel for the game. But where is he now, and where do you think he could end up.

LonghornsLegend
07-01-2010, 04:59 PM
He's actually got to beat out the guy ahead of him first, and secondly he has to produce for at least 1 full season before even being mentioned in this part of the forum.

Being a highly touted HS recruit won't get you drafted into the NFL.

If he can't even win a starting job then he's not worth discussing yet.

Duffman57
07-01-2010, 05:16 PM
He's actually got to beat out the guy ahead of him first, and secondly he has to produce for at least 1 full season before even being mentioned in this part of the forum.

Being a highly touted HS recruit won't get you drafted into the NFL.

If he can't even win a starting job then he's not worth discussing yet.

I didn't say that he didn't. I asked if you guys thought he COULD redeem himself and win back the starting job and possibly get drafted. And if he did do that and mature and whatnot, what is his ceiling and how high could he go in the draft?

BuddyCHRIST
07-01-2010, 05:41 PM
Eh, seems like one of those guys who just won't pan out. Comes off as a bit lazy with not a great head on his shoulders. He's got some skills to prove me wrong, but he doesn't even really merit discussion until he does something.

bce
07-01-2010, 08:11 PM
I could be wrong doesnt he have some type of off field or injury issues.

BRAVEHEART
07-01-2010, 08:35 PM
His talent and skill are legit, but he lacks heart and determination. For somebody of his size, he sure does go down easy (with the first hit), doesn't drive his legs that much. Just not physical, and doesn't want it. As for his 40 time....I won't go on that, HS 40's have no real merit (JMO). With that being said, he does have some nice straightline speed for a 220+ TB.

Vikes99ej
07-01-2010, 08:39 PM
Waste of talent, humongous recruiting bust

Duffman57
07-02-2010, 01:42 AM
dude is slower to the hole than knowshon moreno.

That just means he has no burst. He can still have great long speed, he just has to build up to it, something thats not a good attribute for RB's.

And just to tell you guys, i'm just going off what i've heard, i haven't actually seen the kid play.

kmartin575
07-03-2010, 04:35 AM
I kind of have to question why he committed to a school like Colorado to begin with.

Say When
07-03-2010, 09:00 AM
It will be interesting to see what comes of this. Nothing is official yet with Scott. Our beat writer for the St. Pete Times (http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2010/07/holtz-has-many-options-for-final-scholarships.html) said he spoke with him but had no definitive answer, still only Darrell's Facebook post.

Our running backs for this year will be Mo Plancher, Demetrius Murray, Bradley Battles, true freshman Marcus Shaw, and a JUCO running back from Blinn College Mike Hayes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myjnnzpXUrk). Barring any JPP-like seasons from any one we'll only lose Plancher. Plus if you look at that link for the St. Pete Times you'll see we also might be getting Dontae Aycock (http://rivals.yahoo.com/auburn/football/recruiting/player-Dontae-Aycock-78667) who is transferring from Auburn.

The RB position has been a freaking roller coaster with losing Mike Ford and Jamar Taylor, possibly losing Plancher and now having these two transfers as possible options. Interesting times to say the least.

I know it didn't answer your question about his ability to become an NFL prospect. All I hope is that a little change of scenery will do good for him.

wraith
07-11-2010, 07:52 AM
That just means he has no burst. He can still have great long speed, he just has to build up to it, something thats not a good attribute for RB's.

And just to tell you guys, i'm just going off what i've heard, i haven't actually seen the kid play.
i agree with you the fact of the matter is he simply isn't as good as what recruiting services thought; but based off what he did in hs he deserved the high ranking that he got. you've gotta break down a kid's film ,look at the stats , evaluate his camp performances, factor in level of competition. I've gotta tell you a lot of guys have great looking film & it's sometimes hard to rank these kids off of that, especially when its across positions

he ran a 4.36 at a combine which is impressive.
some players don't run and the 40 you see on their profile is an estimate and is determined based on film and camp performance.

for ex jadeveon is 6'6 on rivals but 6'5 on scout
braxton miller 6'2 on rivals 6'3.5 on scout
james wilders is legit because he had his height and weight done at a combine
majority of the time it's the shorter listing