PDA

View Full Version : My First Post + Ryan Whalen

CB31
07-03-2010, 09:12 AM
Hey guys! This is my first ever post on these forums. I've been paying attention to the site and the boards for a while now, but I've finally had some free time and decided to join you guys in discussing the best sport ever. Hopefully I can be of some value to the discussions around here.

And my first-ever question is about Ryan Whalen, WR from Stanford. From what I've heard, the former walk-on is the consummate workout warrior. He runs a 4.5, benches 340, cleans 350, and squats 455. What do you guys think of his potential in the NFL, and who does his game compare to? I haven't had an opportunity to watch him in depth yet. Thanks.

Shane P. Hallam
07-03-2010, 09:20 AM
Hey guys! This is my first ever post on these forums. I've been paying attention to the site and the boards for a while now, but I've finally had some free time and decided to join you guys in discussing the best sport ever. Hopefully I can be of some value to the discussions around here.

And my first-ever question is about Ryan Whalen, WR from Stanford. From what I've heard, the former walk-on is the consummate workout warrior. He runs a 4.5, benches 340, cleans 350, and squats 455. What do you guys think of his potential in the NFL, and who does his game compare to? I haven't had an opportunity to watch him in depth yet. Thanks.

I still need to put a bit more work in, but he reminds a bit of Blair White. Works hard, isn't going to be a burner but runs his routes well. What I want to see from Whalen is being used more in the red zone (which should come this year without Gerhart)

superman
07-03-2010, 09:51 AM
350 clean is impressive for a wr if it's true

Aloysius
07-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Welcome to the board! As for Whalen, I pretty much agree with Shane's take.

will99890
07-03-2010, 08:24 PM
I'm a fan. Good safety valve/3rd down target, just needs to show more consistent hands this year imo. Just moves the chains, reminds me of a less polished Jason Avant.

tjsunstein
07-04-2010, 08:44 PM
Very impressive lifts from a kid in the 6-2, 205-210 range. I'm excited to see what the Stanford offense that was so potent just a year ago has to offer without Gerhart. He'll be a main component (as well as Osuwu) on balancing it out.

niel89
07-12-2010, 08:42 PM
Welcome to the boards.

I really like Whalen as a player. He is great at picking up the first and his body control is fantastic along the sideline. I really think that he is a kid that has a good shot at being drafted.