PDA

View Full Version : B.S.N Football Predictions

Joe M Charlie
07-03-2010, 07:57 PM
Time for some picks on who I think will go all the way and go home. You are free to express your predictions on here as well. Now these are my predictions and if you do not like them then there is pretty much nothing you can do about that.

AFC EAST
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS - Until an outside lion comes into the pride and knocks off the incumbent king. The king still stands.
PR: 12-4

NEW YORK JETS - They will be breathing now the pat's back the whole time.
PR: 11-5

MIAMI DOLPHINS - Brandon Marshall can score TDs, but you have to get him the ball and I do not think they can do that. Most overrated team since the Odovician Era.
PR: 5-11

BUFFALO BILLS - No quarterback means no success
PR: 3-13

AFC NORTH
CINCINNATTI BENGALS - Back to back for only the second time.

BALTIMORE RAVENS - Joe Flacco will endure a Junior Jam
PR: 8-8

PITTSBURGH STEELERS - The hole that will be made by Big Ben's absence will be to big to climb out of.
PR: 6-10

CLEVELAND BROWNS - The worst team for 2010.
PR: 1-15

AFC SOUTH
HOUSTON TEXANS - The young and the determined.

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS - Peyton Manning rocking chair. Rocking chair Peyton Manning.
PR: 10-6

TENNESSEE TITANS - Middle of the pack kind of team.

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS - Los Angeles here we come.
PR: 2-14

AFC WEST
SAN DIEGO CHARGERS: Easiest division since the Buc's won the 07 NFC South Crown. No competition. No brainer.
PR: 13-3

DENVER BRONCOS: Will this team get out to 6-0. Probably not, but the 2-8 after words is highly likely.
PR: 6-10

OAKLAND RAIDERS: People were praising this team when they got Randy Moss and how did that work out, Jason Campbell?
PR: 4-12

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS: A doormat kind of team.
PR: 3-13

NFC EAST
DALLAS COWBOYS: Picking the Dallas Cowboys, always a good decision.
PR: 13-3

WASHINGTON REDSKINS: DM is the best QB they have had since Doug Williams.

NEW YORK GIANTS: Offense average. Defense blunder. Special Teams out at lunch.

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES: KK will have growing pains.

NFC NORTH
GREEN BAY PACKERS: My fav as the NFC represenatives.
PR: 14-2

MINNESOTA VIKINGS: With our without Brett Fav-RE they are still 2nd best in this division.

CHICAGO BEARS: LV's motivation to get this team somewhere is that there are bunches and bunches of coaches lind up for his job.

DETROIT LIONS: They are going in the right direction, unfortunately another year in the top ten.

NFC SOUTH
ATLANTA FALCONS: Teams in this division go up and down very quickly

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS: Superbowl hangover a factor?

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS: Very underrated team with upgrades at DT and a QB who improve vastly. This team is better than 3-13 from last year. If they had JF and the defense we seen against SEA,NO, and ATL start from week one last year, then we are talking more wins. All of the above with an easier schedule.

CAROLINA PANTHERS: You loose 80% of your defense to FA and injury and you do not replace them?
PR: 4-12

NFC WEST:
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: If this team does not win such an opportunistic division like this then you may never see this team in the playoffs again.

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS: Second chance for Mr. Carroll who also shares the name of that judge on General Hospital.
PR: 7-9

SAINT LOUIS RAMS: Like DET and TB they will be improved.

ARIZONA CARDINALS: If Matt does not work out then they team does not make the playoffs.

YAYareaRB
07-03-2010, 08:19 PM
No quarterback means no success

http://collinbalester.mlblogs.com/Ray-Lewis-Super-Bowl-XXXV-MVP---Photofile-Photograph-C10053159.jpeg

Brodeur
07-03-2010, 08:22 PM
MIAMI DOLPHINS - Brandon Marshall can score TDs, but you have to get him the ball and I do not think they can do that. Most overrated team since the Odovician Era.

First of all, it's the Ordovican Era. Secondly, you really went with that reference?

On the topic of your article (and not the really bad references), how come the Pats are somehow the standing king while the Colts are taken down despite being the better team in an easier division, and a longer reign of success?

wonderbredd24
07-03-2010, 08:26 PM
I'm not sure how the Browns got 4 wins worse this past offseason, but we could really, really use Jake Locker

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
07-03-2010, 09:11 PM
I'm not sure how the Browns got 4 wins worse this past offseason, but we could really, really use Jake Locker

because they are the browns? Im sure rams fans didnt think they would get one win worse the last 2 seasons.

PackerLegend
07-03-2010, 09:12 PM
Best record in the NFL at 14-2... I sure hope your right and that it comes with a superbowl win!

marshallb
07-03-2010, 09:17 PM
I definitely don't agree with quite a few of your predictions and records, but to each his own. I just can't get over how horribly written several of those descriptions are, as well as some of those references. I do have to give you credit for at least doing this.

Philliez01
07-03-2010, 09:25 PM
So this is what Rick Reilly's mucus looks like.

All in all, yeah the ancient Peyton Manning......gosh, I'll stop. The record may not be that asinine of a reach but still....sigh. The records are a little iffy at times but it is unpredictable, however, read some books and get better references.

vidae
07-03-2010, 09:44 PM
I have a hard time believing the Chiefs will lose more games than we did this last year, but they have a way of surprising me, so maybe you're right.

Joe M Charlie
07-03-2010, 09:50 PM
Thanks for all of the feedback and keep it coming. I can tell all of the people critisizing me are the people's teams I have doing badly. I do not blame you, I would have done the same.

Joe M Charlie
07-03-2010, 09:52 PM
I have a hard time believing the Chiefs will lose more games than we did this last year, but they have a way of surprising me, so maybe you're right.

You did not critisize me like the other people. I like how the Chiefs are rebuilding, but I think the QB is not the answer. Hey, if you like you can put my prediction up as a sig or something and prove me wrong. Be my guess, man. I do it all the time.

prock
07-04-2010, 12:57 AM
Why do you think the Packers are going to go 14-2?

descendency
07-04-2010, 01:10 AM
I read like 3 of them. I don't typically bother with off season rankings because anyone who has any clue about the NFL knows that they are worthless.

However, I fail to understand how the Colts are 10-6 material when a soft Chargers team will go 13-3. It doesn't matter because whether fans like to admit it or not, a season can often be dictated by freak injuries or a poorly managed clock or worse yet, one unlucky bounce.

edit: Or a spineless organization tanking the last two games of the season.

edit2: I'm clearly not someone who's complaining because you have my team doing poorly.

fenikz
07-04-2010, 01:48 AM
Is English your second language? No idea what you are trying to say about the Cardinals.

and the prediction is wrong 10-6 and the West is ours

J-Mike88
07-04-2010, 07:00 AM
I'm not sure how the Browns got 4 wins worse this past offseason, but....
Not sure either, but perhaps adding Jake Delhomme's Ints and overthrows is part of that reasoning.

Joe M Charlie
07-04-2010, 10:33 AM
Is English your second language? No idea what you are trying to say about the Cardinals.

I was sipping a bit when I wrote that for your team. Hey, if you do not like my predictions then be mu guest and sig the record I have going for the turdinals.

Philliez01
07-04-2010, 12:37 PM
I was sipping a bit when I wrote that for your team. Hey, if you do not like my predictions then be mu guest and sig the record I have going for the turdinals.

Well some bias there with calling a team "the turdinals". At least capitalize the T.

Tell me why you think some of these teams will have the records they will have. Tough schedules? New acquisitions? Impact draft picks.

Saying Peyton Manning rocking chair, what are you implying? That he's going to age in an offseason and instead of steadily decline, immediately implode? Or are you suggesting he's old already?

wicket
07-04-2010, 01:11 PM
I have some serious issues with some of the predictions, you have miami and philly way to low for instance iyam. Also have trouble seeing the packs and the pats getting the amount of wins you have for them

ThePudge
07-04-2010, 02:08 PM
I'm not a Colts fan, but what makes you think all the sudden Peyton Manning can't be the best player in football? I'll wait until I can see a decline in his personal (and his team's) success before I use his name in the same sentence as rocking chair.

YAYareaRB
07-04-2010, 02:13 PM

HAAAAAAAAA!

A Perfect Score
07-04-2010, 02:19 PM
Wait, Kansas City is a 3-13 team but Tampa Bay is an 8-8 club? Something there isn't right. KC are far more talented the Tampa are.

Ravens1991
07-04-2010, 02:33 PM
http://collinbalester.mlblogs.com/Ray-Lewis-Super-Bowl-XXXV-MVP---Photofile-Photograph-C10053159.jpeg

I really think that year is an exception to the rule. It happened once in 10 years and that was before the ridiculous rules that were put into play. I think now adays you need a top 10 QB to win a superbowl.

Brodeur
07-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Why do you think the Packers are going to go 14-2?

I'm guessing a lot of pot.

prock
07-04-2010, 02:55 PM
I'm guessing a lot of pot.

Pot doesn't make you that stupid. It has to be a natural retardation.

Brodeur
07-04-2010, 02:57 PM

I never said it made you stupid, I was implying there was a lot in him at the time. These are asinine predictions anyway (and no, it's not because you picked the Lions to be 5-11 because I don't really have expectations).

RealityCheck
07-04-2010, 03:43 PM
Maybe a combination of both?

Job
07-04-2010, 03:43 PM
Apparently the league will go 250-262 this year.

I wonder how six games end up with both teams losing.

Joe M Charlie
07-04-2010, 03:53 PM

Dude I am not the ******** one. You are. Now go play with your dad in the shower.

Job
07-04-2010, 03:56 PM
Dude I am not the ******** one. You are. Now go play with your dad in the shower.

What a comeback. I'm impressed.

Joe M Charlie
07-04-2010, 03:56 PM
Wait, Kansas City is a 3-13 team but Tampa Bay is an 8-8 club? Something there isn't right. KC are far more talented the Tampa are.

No way. The chiefs are not more talented than Tampa. BTW, Forrest its "is" after KC not "are". You and Prock must go to the same funny farm.

Joe M Charlie
07-04-2010, 03:57 PM
What a comeback. I'm impressed.

I know. I thought of that one on the crapper.

Brodeur
07-04-2010, 04:00 PM
No way. The chiefs are not more talented than Tampa. BTW, Forrest its "is" after KC not "are". You and Prock must go to the same funny farm.

He's speaking of the team as a singular entity as opposed to a plural form of them, assclown.

Joe M Charlie
07-04-2010, 04:02 PM
He's speaking of the team as a singular entity as opposed to a plural form of them, assclown.

Wow you showed me. Your daddy must of taught that one when he gave you a Cleveland Steamroller.

You guys are just a bunch of momma's basement dwellers who act tough behind a keyboard.

prock
07-04-2010, 04:07 PM
Haha that is hilarious because you are the throwing out all the personal insults, tough guy. You still haven't explained to me why you think the Packers are going to go 14-2, and you haven't explained why you think Tampa is 5 wins better than KC.

A Perfect Score
07-04-2010, 05:25 PM

QB: Advantage KC
RB: Advantage KC
WR: Advantage KC
TE: Advantage Tampa
OL: Push
DL: Advantage KC
LB: Advantage KC
CB: Push
S: Advantage KC

Yup. The Buccaneers are way more talented then the Chiefs at this point. I think bce has an account for each forum. He is bce, this guy, and BigBanger all at once. Oh, also...

descendency
07-04-2010, 05:26 PM
you haven't explained why you think Tampa is 5 wins better than KC.

Yep. His justification is that the DT position is upgraded, but their "upgrades" came from draft picks. DT is the slowest position to transition in the NFL, some QBs transition faster. I thought picking two DTs with their first two picks was a mistake, but then following it up with 2 WRs and a CB is almost surely a formula for failure. While an X-WR is among the easiest positions to learn (because you line up in the same spot just about every time), it's still very hard to transition from a zone option offense to an NFL offense.

They didn't get any guys who are impact players year 1. Josh Freeman will have to improve quite a bit.

I have them in the top 3 again.

Shane P. Hallam
07-04-2010, 05:56 PM
QB: Advantage KC
RB: Advantage KC
WR: Advantage KC
TE: Advantage Tampa
OL: Push
DL: Advantage KC
LB: Advantage KC
CB: Push
S: Advantage KC

Yup. The Buccaneers are way more talented then the Chiefs at this point. I think bce has an account for each forum. He is bce, this guy, and BigBanger all at once. Oh, also...

Meh, I don't know if more experience always means advantage. I'd honestly rather have Freeman than Cassel, I still feel Tampa's O-line is much better. D-Line as a whole, I'd take Tampa. CB, I'd take Tampa as well, and LB is likely a push with Ruud in Tampa being better than any KC LB. I think you overestimate the Bucs myself.

FuzzyGopher
07-04-2010, 06:30 PM
Although I don't agree with a lot of your predictions, I really wanted to +rep you for the effort you put into writing this. However your childish insults and temper tantrum changed my mind.

http://i45.tinypic.com/seapzk.gif

zachsaints52
07-04-2010, 07:15 PM
You guys do realize he put the Bucs at 8-8 because he is a Bucs fan....

A Perfect Score
07-04-2010, 07:50 PM
Meh, I don't know if more experience always means advantage. I'd honestly rather have Freeman than Cassel, I still feel Tampa's O-line is much better. D-Line as a whole, I'd take Tampa. CB, I'd take Tampa as well, and LB is likely a push with Ruud in Tampa being better than any KC LB. I think you overestimate the Bucs myself.

I agree with you on some of the stuff long term...but for this season, Id rather have Cassel with Weis then Freeman in Tampa, long term sure Ill take the Bucs Dline but right now Dorsey/Jackson should be better. Im hoping the Chiefs stop being stupid and start playing Derrick Johnson. I think Brandon Flowers is a much better CB then anyone Tampa has.

Long term, I can buy Tampa being better in some categories, but for next season? No way Tampa goes 8-8 and the Chiefs go 3-13

YAYareaRB
07-05-2010, 12:34 AM
Why are people even attempting to change this guy's opinion or even debate it?

prock
07-05-2010, 09:11 PM
I am still waiting for this guy to explain his reasoning on what I asked him about. I want to see him attempt to put together a rational thought.

Timbathia
07-05-2010, 10:43 PM
Why are people even attempting to change this guy's opinion or even debate it?

Because July is the longest month of the football year. It seriously takes about 3 months. There is absolutely nothing to do except debate pointless things with pointless people until August, when interesting things start happening again.

yourfavestoner
07-05-2010, 11:04 PM
I love our new posters so much. We haven't had a summer this entertaining since Ricky Bobby, GRF, and eacantdraft were around. Unfortunately, nothing will ever come close to that summer, but we've got some potential here with these new guys.

CJSchneider
07-05-2010, 11:10 PM
Wow you showed me. Your daddy must of taught that one when he gave you a Cleveland Steamroller.

You guys are just a bunch of momma's basement dwellers who act tough behind a keyboard.

It's must have. Show me your part of the farm again.