PDA

View Full Version : Jamarcus Russell Arrested

Bengals78
07-05-2010, 05:22 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2010/07/05/jamarcus-russell-arrested-alabama/

Im gonna guess the controlled substance werent diet pills...

prock
07-05-2010, 05:25 PM
Good one, fat ass.

TACKLE
07-05-2010, 05:28 PM
J-Roc's been sippin that purple drank.

Splat
07-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Don't call it a come back.

yourfavestoner
07-05-2010, 05:32 PM
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/cREPE38/sizzurp.jpg

LonghornsLegend
07-05-2010, 05:32 PM
Damnit. There was a small part of me that was hoping he got caught in a donut shop at 3am stealing donuts :( Oh well. Hope he didn't waste all that signing bonus on that big ass ignorant chain

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_hXukzc_YLTM/RjO97ZCpgCI/AAAAAAAAAi0/1gKSTAPk-rQ/s400/nfl-draft-party-fat-joe-jamarcus-russell.jpg

Funny thing is a business saavy person could take 35 million and be set for life, but I get the feeling he'll be filing bankruptcy within the next 12 months.

cvv84
07-05-2010, 05:38 PM
He must know Johnny Jolly pretty well...

prock
07-05-2010, 05:42 PM
A business savvy person could take a fraction of 35 million and be set for life. A ******* idiot could take 35 million and be set for life. Most professional athletes need more.

Splat
07-05-2010, 05:42 PM
Leaf > Russell

yourfavestoner
07-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Leaf > Russell

Lol, no way.

Let's also not forget the Ryan Leaf is an Oxycontin junkie, either.

LonghornsLegend
07-05-2010, 05:52 PM
A business savvy person could take a fraction of 35 million and be set for life. A ******* idiot could take 35 million and be set for life. Most professional athletes need more.

Lol very true. Makes you realize how ******* idiotic some of these guys are. 35 million honestly should last you, your kids, and grandkids lifetime to be honest. Go buy a 100k home, a few cars, get everything paid off with no bills and it should cost you less then 500k where at that point your only paying utilities the rest of your life. I wish I knew what some of these dudes did with their money.

prock
07-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Lol very true. Makes you realize how ******* idiotic some of these guys are. 35 million honestly should last you, your kids, and grandkids lifetime to be honest. Go buy a 100k home, a few cars, get everything paid off with no bills and it should cost you less then 500k where at that point your only paying utilities the rest of your life. I wish I knew what some of these dudes did with their money.

Well when they go to strip clubs they spend like 10k a night. Those big ass chains. So many cars. Never wear the same clothes, I bet. Gotta be pretty ******* ********. Give me that much money please. I won't waste it.

RaiderNation
07-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Looks like he is getting fatter from that mug shot

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
07-05-2010, 06:08 PM
His fatass will cause the next solar eclipse. Eventually he will be flipping burgers.

the_legend_killer
07-05-2010, 06:21 PM
His fatass will cause the next solar eclipse. Eventually he will be flipping burgers.

Before getting fired for skimming some off the top.

Philliez01
07-05-2010, 06:35 PM
If anyone watches The Office, his career can be defined in the same manner as Ryan Howard's. He even had a creepy mancrush (Al Davis) from the boss.

But I can't wait for him as an Omaha Nighthawk

regoob2
07-05-2010, 06:41 PM
Really, nobody should be surprised by this.

descendency
07-05-2010, 06:46 PM
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/cREPE38/sizzurp.jpg

UMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm Kool-Aid.

vikes_28
07-05-2010, 07:08 PM
I love codeine. It's gotta be my favorite prescribed drug.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
07-05-2010, 07:35 PM
I love codeine. It's gotta be my favorite prescribed drug.

Agreed. If I could get my wisdom teeth out again, I would. If anyone I know tells me they're getting their's out, I say "can I have your T3s?"

JFLO
07-05-2010, 07:48 PM
Purple Drank sounds disgusting as hell...

It's heavily drugged cough syrup with like sprite and jolly ranchers right?

TACKLE
07-05-2010, 07:50 PM

Yep that's it.

TitanHope
07-05-2010, 07:59 PM
What a shame. He had such a bright future as well...

YAYareaRB
07-05-2010, 08:03 PM

It actually tastes pretty good.

JFLO
07-05-2010, 08:09 PM
It actually tastes pretty good.

Cough syrup makes me gag to begin with...

Is it supposed to make you look cooler with the three paper cups stacked on each other?

Jamarcus Russell is the man though...I wish I could basically steal 40 million dollars to get fat and do drugs.

LonghornsLegend
07-05-2010, 08:12 PM

It's actually good as hell, but maybe I'm biased being a Texan :( It just ends up tasting like a fruity ass drink.

21ST
07-05-2010, 08:20 PM

dont knock it till u try it

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
07-05-2010, 08:25 PM
dont knock it till u try it

I hate that saying

JFLO
07-05-2010, 08:26 PM
Yea, I knock whatever the hell I wanna knock.

yourfavestoner
07-05-2010, 08:26 PM
Ya it's actually pretty damn good.

And I'm assuming he has two cups stacked because it will leak through the bottom of those cheap ass paper cups like soda and energy drinks do.

_YL_
07-05-2010, 08:31 PM
This comes as no surprise to any Raider fans. Been rumored for a while

ATLDirtyBirds
07-05-2010, 08:31 PM
I want to know how he got himself caught with this ****.

MetSox17
07-05-2010, 08:43 PM
Leanin' on that promethazine. Put on some DJ Screw and you're in business.

descendency
07-05-2010, 08:52 PM

Probably bought from a police informant or got pulled over for a DUI. Or someone else did something stupid. It happens.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
07-05-2010, 08:57 PM

Looking at his mug shot its not that surprising, his brain is definitely flatlining. He definitely belongs in the dumbface thread.

tjsunstein
07-05-2010, 09:04 PM
Life fail.

bernbabybern820
07-05-2010, 09:05 PM
Al Davis will somehow use this arrest to sue Russell for 35 million dollars.

Stash
07-05-2010, 09:35 PM
This will totally happen, Al lives to sue.

Scotty D
07-05-2010, 09:37 PM

PFT wrote an article about how the Raiders sued for 9 million when they released him and this will make the case stronger.

Jvig43
07-05-2010, 09:39 PM

The article said it was an undercover I believe.

wogitalia
07-06-2010, 12:32 AM
Is it normal for the mugshot wall to have CM on it? I can't recall ever seeing that and Alabama isn't exactly notorious for being forward thinking.

You know the saddest part about his arrest... I read on ESPN "Russell Arrested" and had to put serious thought into who was Russell that was noteworthy enough to get a headline. That is how far he has fallen, I don't even think of him when I see a headline that reads "Russell Stupid" and really that is all a headline of his should ever read. Got to love when Brady Quinn isn't even close to being a bust when compared to his fellow first round pick...

Brent
07-06-2010, 12:40 AM
sounds like jawalrus knows how to party.

descendency
07-06-2010, 12:48 AM
Got to love when Brady Quinn isn't even close to being a bust when compared to his fellow first round pick...

HFS @ That draft class in terms of QBs.

In Reverse Order: Tyler Thigpen, Jordan Palmer, Troy Smith, Jeff Rowe, Isaiah Stanbeck (WR), Trent Edwards, Drew Stanton, John Beck, Kevin Kolb, Brady Quinn, and JaMarcus Russell.

2 current NFL starters 3 years after being drafted, one of which is in the bottom 5 QBs in the NFL and the other hasn't been a starter for a year (only spot games) yet. Then you have a couple of backups. The only guy left with any hope of ever sniffing the top 15 QBs in the NFL (which is what I want when I draft one in the top 2 rounds) is Kevin Kolb.

vidae
07-06-2010, 02:42 AM
Jamarcus.. arrested? Oh the humanity! Who saw this coming?!

iworshipbender
07-06-2010, 03:36 AM
Arrive
Get paid
Leave
Sip dat purple

JaMarcus Russell, you are a god amongst men.

Abaddon
07-06-2010, 06:01 AM
I was hoping for an overdose, but I guess this will do for now.

descendency
07-06-2010, 08:16 AM
What do you call the worlds most expensive paperweight? Most people call him JaMarcus.

EvilNixon
07-06-2010, 08:29 AM
Put him away for the rest of his life.

OSUGiants17
07-06-2010, 08:57 AM
Whatta shock, he had large amounts of syrup. Did he also have large amounts of Belgum waffles? Or did he already eat those? What fat, useless, lazy piece of ****. Have fun in the MLE. Nathan hot dog eating contest here I come!

XxXdragonXxX
07-06-2010, 09:08 AM
Haha...This reminds me of a post I made in the Jamarcus Russell released thread.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2165857&#post2165857

Jamarcus is catching up to Leaf pretty quick.

K Train
07-06-2010, 10:05 AM
sounds like jawalrus knows how to party.

lmao idk why but the term jawalrus cracks me up

anyway the sizzurp is good ****, i wish i had a ****** bottle of it on hand, let alone a case lol

The Unseen
07-06-2010, 10:32 AM
Jamarcus:

"Imma grip and sip"

zachsaints52
07-06-2010, 10:49 AM
Do you think this is the reason why he played so slow? I mean, Id freak out and overthrow and underthrow balls if everyone is going and talking in slllooooowwwww mmmmmmoooottttiiiiiiiooonnnnn

diabsoule
07-06-2010, 11:04 AM
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t17/tankjr_seraph/PurpleDrank.jpg

bigbluedefense
07-06-2010, 11:51 AM
Just out of curiosity, bc I don't drink alcohol, is sizzirp an alcoholic beverage? Why is this drink illegal? What illegal substance does it have in it?

And yeah, JaMarcus is becoming a bigger bust than Ryan Leaf. At least teams were willing to give Leaf a 2nd chance. I highly doubt Russell gets another chance the way he's going right now.

And people forget, Leaf was the 2nd pick in the draft. Russell was the 1st. I think that by itself makes Russell at the very least, equal to Ryan Leaf.

bsaza2358
07-06-2010, 12:09 PM
Codiene is a stimulant and a pain medication that I believe is on the same regulated scale as drugs like ritalin, percocet, oxy, etc. You can get addicted to it, so it is a "drug of abuse". It is not as serious as the other drugs I listed, but I believe it is on the same lists.

Now, I have to wonder why JMR was even caught with the stuff. Clearly someone was pissed at him and turned him in, or his doctor was caught overprescribing and got squeezed to give him up.

CJSchneider
07-06-2010, 12:10 PM
Sizzurp aka Purple stuff or Purple drank is a drink that has prescription strength cough syrup containing codeine or promethazine.

bigbluedefense
07-06-2010, 12:12 PM
Codiene is a stimulant and a pain medication that I believe is on the same regulated scale as drugs like ritalin, percocet, oxy, etc. You can get addicted to it, so it is a "drug of abuse". It is not as serious as the other drugs I listed, but I believe it is on the same lists.

Now, I have to wonder why JMR was even caught with the stuff. Clearly someone was pissed at him and turned him in, or his doctor was caught overprescribing and got squeezed to give him up.

yeah it sounded like the authorities were tracking him down and finally caught him. makes you wonder, was he just using...or was he doing more?

bc if he was just using, i highly doubt the authorities would dedicate that much time and effort to bringing him down just for that.

CJSchneider
07-06-2010, 12:54 PM
MCLovin on the Dan Patrick show
In regards to JMR's drug dealer

"Do you even carry a gun if you are slangin' cough syrup?

I actually LOL'd

bsaza2358
07-06-2010, 01:40 PM
yeah it sounded like the authorities were tracking him down and finally caught him. makes you wonder, was he just using...or was he doing more?

bc if he was just using, i highly doubt the authorities would dedicate that much time and effort to bringing him down just for that.

Another issue is that the Union could have been protecting him, and then they got squeezed and gave them the biggest fish they could without pissing off their people. Basically, this smacks of a "give up" for police glamor. It won't help them net anything else, but they get good PR by busting a name.

nikkayeah
07-06-2010, 06:46 PM
Sizzurp aka Purple stuff or Purple drank is a drink that has prescription strength cough syrup containing codeine or promethazine.

actually it contains both. never drink promethazine without codeine because that stuff tastes nasty and just gets you sleepy

RealityCheck
07-06-2010, 06:51 PM
When I said Calvin Johnson was the right pick for the Raiders, people laughed at me.

Ha.

CJSchneider
07-06-2010, 06:51 PM
actually it contains both. never drink promethazine without codeine because that stuff tastes nasty and just gets you sleepy

Thanks for the advice.

TitanHope
07-06-2010, 07:27 PM
Promethazine is also known as Phenergan. It's prescribed for nausea, allergies, and to be used as a sedative since a side effect of it is being drowsy. It's basically an ultra benadryl, but it also enhances the effects of other medications - so if you take it with a narcotic, it makes the narcotic's effects better.

Codeine is an opiate and such is a narcotic substance, and I believe it's Class D which means it's regulated by the insurance agencies. I've been prescribed pretty much every pain medication possible, and I'd probably put Codeine in the mid-level of pain killers. It's in the same family of narcotics as Hydrocodone and Percocet, and in my opinion is the same strength if not lesser. Most of the time it'll be prescribed in cough syrup form, because Hydrocodone/Percocet will be prescribed for broken bones, etc.

Promethazine combined with Codeine in cough syrup form is prescribed for people with bad flu's, strep throat, etc. The Promethazine treats the flu-like symptoms, and the Codeine treats any body aches and sore throats. And like I said before, I believe Promethazine enhances the Codeine. To someone who's not used to the meds, it'll essentially knock their ass out - which is ideal if you're sick as a dog.

I've never taken Drank, but I don't think users would use it as a party drug. It's got two sedatives in it, so it'd be like poppin' a Benadryl before you go clubbing. My guess is guys take it to chill out and as a replacement for weed or alcohol. But like I said, I've never used it and I don't hang out with anyone who does.

Scotty D
07-06-2010, 07:31 PM
Some people soak blunt wraps in them, SOME PEOPLE DO IT I DON"T KNOW WHO.

MetSox17
07-06-2010, 08:20 PM
I've never taken Drank, but I don't think users would use it as a party drug. It's got two sedatives in it, so it'd be like poppin' a Benadryl before you go clubbing. My guess is guys take it to chill out and as a replacement for weed or alcohol. But like I said, I've never used it and I don't hang out with anyone who does.

It would be exactly like popping a Benadryl before going clubbing. People use it to chill, not to party.

MasterShake
07-06-2010, 08:22 PM
When I said Calvin Johnson was the right pick for the Raiders, people laughed at me.

Ha.

I thought CJ was the obvious pick, thought Russell was gunna be a big bust.

But then I though Flacco would be a bust too so we can't always be right.

yourfavestoner
07-06-2010, 10:22 PM
Some people soak blunt wraps in them, SOME PEOPLE DO IT I DON"T KNOW WHO.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/resources/2008/04/ThumbsUp-thumb.png

K Train
07-07-2010, 07:50 AM

Ha.

calvin johnson was the only player that deserved to go #1, i said that all along...i wouldnt have taken russell in the top 20 based on one dominating sugar bowl against a sorry ND defense.

while russell made me look like a genius, quinn made me look like an idiot so it goes both ways i guess

BuckeyeDan17
07-07-2010, 10:09 AM
Damn. That **** is so bad for you it's not even funny if you're using it inappropriately. I don't **** with pharmaceuticals, just herbal ****. Well, I tried it once so I guess I do, but once was enough for me to realize I need to stay away from it, given the magnitude of its illegality.

Russel is adding insult to his own injury, what a moronic ****.

Scotty D
07-16-2010, 01:37 PM
http://www.ufl-football.com/omaha-nighthawks/player-roster?order=field_player_weight_value&sort=asc

PFT points out Jamarcus is now listed on the UFL Omaha Nighthawks roster.

Edit - They list him at 260

Crickett
07-16-2010, 01:44 PM

Ha.

People laughed when you said that the best wide receiver prospect of all time should go #1?

http://www.ufl-football.com/omaha-nighthawks/player-roster?order=field_player_weight_value&sort=asc

PFT points out Jamarcus is now listed on the UFL Omaha Nighthawks roster.

Edit - They list him at 260

Did he have one foot off the scale when they weighed him?

CC.SD
07-16-2010, 02:19 PM

Ha.

It was basically a concensus as to who the better prospect was.

Gay Ork Wang
07-27-2010, 07:53 AM
OAKLAND, CA—Raiders owner Al Davis enthusiastically praised free agent quarterback JaMarcus Russell at a press conference Thursday, calling the first overall pick in the 2007 draft an exciting playmaker and a perfect fit for the team's offense. "Obviously JaMarcus Russell has had some troubles on and off the field, but I've seen nothing that indicates he couldn't find a home with the Raiders and reinvigorate his career," Davis said. "We'd be extremely fortunate to acquire a quarterback like Russell, a player who can beat you with his arm or his feet, to help us overcome our recent disappointments at that position." Davis told reporters that the Raiders were currently negotiating a deal with Russell that included more than $22 million in guaranteed bail money.
Source (http://www.theonion.com/articles/raiders-excited-about-prospect-of-signing-free-age,17745/)

Discuss

wicket
07-27-2010, 08:20 AM
if he goes to jail will he still be a free agent

descendency
07-27-2010, 08:40 AM
I heard (from reliable sources), that once the Eagles give up on Michael Vick they'll pursue fellow criminal QB JaMarcus Russell.

Stash
07-27-2010, 08:50 PM
Source (http://www.theonion.com/articles/raiders-excited-about-prospect-of-signing-free-age,17745/)

Discuss
You almost had me. It's a sad day in Raiderland when something like that is believable until you see the link.

K Train
07-28-2010, 11:50 AM
i tried some the other day just to see what the hype was about with russell and jolly. meh, it was alright but im not really a fan of taking something that just knocks me on my ass in an hour i think id rather just binge drink

yourfavestoner
07-28-2010, 11:56 AM
i tried some the other day just to see what the hype was about with russell and jolly. meh, it was alright but im not really a fan of taking something that just knocks me on my ass in an hour i think id rather just binge drink

I agree with this. I really don't get all the hooplah with purple drank.